DM Carbide's PFS Emerald Spire

Game Master John Woodford

Level 11: The Tomb of Yarrix

COMBAT MAP


1 to 50 of 4,792 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

Standing in a wide clearing within the Echo Wood, six miles northeast of Fort Inevitable, the Emerald Spire is the ruin of a large Azlanti tower that appears to be made of green glass harder than stone. The upper portions of the tower were destroyed long ago, leaving broken, half-melted glass blocks lying jumbled around the tower’s perimeter and the ground nearby. The site is well known to locals from both Fort Inevitable and Thornkeep, and many travelers passing through the Crusader Road area make the trek into the forest to look on the ruins—from a safe distance. The Spire’s ruins are known to be infested with dangerous monsters, and the surroundings attract an unhealthy number of bandits, raiders, and hungry predators.

It's the sort of place that cries out for Pathfinder investigations, so here you are....

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric of Shelyn 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 14 | F+7 R+5 W+8 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4 | channel 3d6 (DC 16): 5/8 | luck: 3/5 | arc: 4/5

A young female halfling wearing holy vestments decorated with summery pastel colors hums a tune as she bounces along waiting for her fellow Pathfinders to show up. Wow! An Azlanti ruin for my first confirmed mission! Dad will be so jealous, I'll have to write him about our discoveries!

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

A young human woman with long red hair and pale skin skips her way into the clearing, appearing like she hasn't a care in the world. The dark clothing and cloak she wears over her studded leather armor appears at odd with her rather effervescent mood.

She smiles at the sight of the young Halfling in priest vestments, ”Oh hey, a Halfing. Very good, I get along with Halflings. My name's Kali, nice to meet you.” She waits half a moment for a response before turning her gaze to the ruined tower, ”Hey, that place looks like it's had better days. You know anything about it? I like to know what I'm getting into.”

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric of Shelyn 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 14 | F+7 R+5 W+8 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4 | channel 3d6 (DC 16): 5/8 | luck: 3/5 | arc: 4/5

"Hello!" the halfling girl greets the woman. "Nice to meet you Kali, my name is Melody Flaxseed. You've probably heard of my dad Trotter, he's a Venture-Captain in Cassomir. He taught me a little history growing up..."

Does Melody know anything about the Emerald Spire?
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Nope.

"...but nothing about this place."

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 43/75 (13 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

"I had not heard of it before this assignment, either," remarks a tall, golden-haired woman as she steps into the clearing. Her long hair is braided and tied back out of her face, and her blue eyes seem to reflect the sky. She carries a hefty-looking blade strapped to her back, and a backpack that bears the appearances of having been neatly and carefully packed.

Striding forward on long, muscular legs, she stops in the middle of the clearing and studies the tower carefully. With a slight cough, she turns to the others already present. "I am Eva Baldursdóttir... you are Pathfinders?" she asks, her voice betraying the accent of one who has studied Taldane often but spoken it with less regularity.

No helmet, and her nose isn't snubby and her eyebrows aren't... weird... but the avatar is fairly close.

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

"No, I haven't heard of your father, but I'm kind of new to this thing and I probably didn't pay as much attention in class as I should have." Kali reveals with grin to Melody.

As blonde woman makes her introduction, Kali steps back to get a good look at her, "Pleasure to meet you Eva. You look like you mean business. Very, very good."

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 43/75 (13 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

"Thank you," replies the tall woman. "Do you know how many more we expect? I think all should arrive today..."

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 62/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Approaching the ruin is a young ulfen man with a wild golden mane and oiled beard. Although only middling in height for a northerner, he's powerfully built with a physique that tests the limits of his mail shirt. The furs draped across his brawny shoulders are similarly weathered. A broadsword with a notched blade sits comfortably within a hoop at his waist.

He stares up in disbelief at the exotic construction for a long time before noting the the three women chatting not too far away.

"Well met" he offers in a rich baritone as he approaches. "Would you three ladies happen to know where the Pathfinders are meeting?"

Asvlad's all swagger and he offers the trio a bit of a goofy grin - a sharp contrast to the violence he's clearly capable of.

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 43/75 (13 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

"I am one... these two have not yet confirmed whether they are or not." replies the tall woman, inclining her head slightly. "Well met. I am Eva Baldursdóttir."

With a slightly raised eyebrow and a questioning tone, she adds, "Du snakker som en nordlending..."

Hallit:
"You speak like a Northerner..."

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric of Shelyn 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 14 | F+7 R+5 W+8 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4 | channel 3d6 (DC 16): 5/8 | luck: 3/5 | arc: 4/5

"Why of course we're Pathfinders!" Melody exclaims. "My dad's a Venture-Captain, he's got his own Lodge in Cassomir!"

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 43/75 (13 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Eva arrived after that bit. ;)

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 62/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Local (Flaxseed Family): 1d20 ⇒ 9

Asvald studies the halfling lass but he doesn't seem to recognize the Lodge she might be referring to. Still, he's relieved.

"Thank the gods. I was worried I was lost again", the young ulfen replies.

Unable to grasp Eva's foreign tongue, he frowns and then tries one he's more familiar with. "Det er ikke hver dag man møter en vakker giganten."

Skald:
"It's not everyday one meets a beautiful giant."

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 43/75 (13 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Linguistics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Eva laughs softly, if slightly uncertainly. "My apologies, friend. I thought you might speak the language of my people. The Pathfinder leaders have chosen to send from far away for this mission, it seems..."

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

"My apologies for not looking like the typical Pathfinder, but I assure you I am!" The red-headed woman says with a laugh, "Kali Starr, at your service. Nice to meet you sir, what's your name?" She addresses her question to the Ulfen man.

While awaiting an answer, she adds, "You and Eva must be powerful warriors, I look forward to working with you."

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 43/75 (13 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

What's this? A polite Pathfinder? Careful, Kali... wouldn't want you to get kicked out of the Society... :)

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

I figure with the high charisma, she should be good at schmoozing. :)

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

As the Pathfinders chat in the clearing before the shattered tower, an odd figure approaches, moving across the ground in a quick, jittery fashion, like a bird's shadow across the ground. He's as short as the halfling woman, but reed slender, as if he'd disappear if he turned sideways. He raises an uncertain hand, at the end of an exceptionally long, skinny arm and waves to the group. "Are you all Pathfinders? I believe I heard you say that as I approached. Interesting place they chose to have us meet. I was led to understand there is usually a lodge, and a briefing, and an opportunity to ask questions. Fortunately, I know a little bit about the place. I am Senja Kala."

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Alias is 94.2% done, I'm more or less ready to go. Your patience is appreciated.

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4

A skinny, disheveled looking dwarf, who moves with a surprising lightness of step comes hustling over to the assembled group. "Pa...Pat...Pathfinders?" He asks as he tries to catch his breath. "Sorry for my lateness, I got a bit turned around. Name's Kragnor. Kragnor Stonebreaker."

Tektite here. Should be good to go.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

"I've always understood the Society to be a diverse place," Senja comments, "and it certainly appears to be so. I was concerned I would feel out of place, but we've got an interesting mix here."

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 62/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

"Asvald, Asvlad Bjornson", he answers the lightly armored redhead.

He's about to say more when two more arrive but he takes the interruption in stride.

"Good to meet you Senja and Kragnor. Diverse indeed. I've seen goblins and elemental-kin in the Grand Lodge before."

Local: 1d20 ⇒ 6

The young ulfen pauses and cocks his head.

"I'm sorry friend, what are you Senja?"

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

"My, aren't we direct," Senja responds a bit huffily to Asvald's question. Toning it down a bit, he continues, "My people are called Wayangs. We are touched by Shadow, and tend to keep to the shadows, as many have tried to harm us over the years. And you, Asvald, what are you?" The faintest trace of a smile flickers across Senja's face as he asks this, gone quicker than a gnat's shadow.

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4

Kragnor looks at Senja with curiousity. Ain't never heard of a Wang before. Wonder where Wangs come from...

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 62/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

"That depends on who you ask", the young northman answers with a wide grin. "Warrior, poet, wooer of maids, and all-around-fool. For now I'd be happy to just be your companion on whatever task the Society has for us."

"To think I came all the way out here to find my brother and I found all of you instead", he says thoughtfully. "This will make quite the tale!"

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 43/75 (13 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Eva watches the exchange with interest, one eyebrow rising in amusement at the antics of the various people present. At Senja's question and Asvald's non-response, she smiles slightly. "I would like to know that myself... he speaks a language unlike any I have ever heard."

Giving the small shadow-creature a somber nod, she continues, "I am Eva Baldursdóttir. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

"Does your name mean that you are the offspring of Baldur?" Senja asks with curiosity, not really responding to the introduction, "And you, Asvald, would be the son of Bjorn? Do your people follow a patronymic or matronymic pattern of appellation? From somewhere far north, I would think, both of you, no?"

After a pause, where Senja recognizes he has not perhaps been the most personable, maybe even a little pedantic - a very common failing of his, particularly when out in the wide world rather than in the sheltered community of his own kind - he tries to make polite conversation. "My name means 'nightfall' or 'twilight' in Wayang. We use our own names, not our parents' names, unlike you people."

Did I just make things better or worse?

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

They're treating the Wayang guy like he's some kind of freak. This is why I always camouflage myself around new people.

"It is certainly very nice to meet you Kragnor and Senja. It's always very neat to meet new people from diverse backgrounds. Welcome to the team!" The redhead greets the newcomers with a wave and smile.

"I'm Kali, I should have really waited to give my name until everyone arrived to save some time. Anyway, this is probably everyone so I guess we should probably get started, right?" She says, her eagerness apparent.

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4

Kragnor gives a short bow to each memeber of the party. "My surname is Stonebreaker. It means....my family were stonebreakers." He says helpfully.

Nodding to Kali, he smiles. "Aye, I be ready."

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Pleased that the redheaded woman seems to have smoothed over any missteps Senja might have made, he nods and says, "Indeed, let's get started. Do we have a task, or are we to meet, make small talk, and then enter the dungeon to see what awaits?"

Looking at Kragnor, he adds, "From the look of this tower, much of the stone-breaking has already been done. And I understand what's left, the green glass, is far harder than stone. But it'd be interesting to see you try."

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 62/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

"Aye", Asvald answers after tucking away a quill and small tome that had made their way into his hands. "From the Land of the Linnorm Kings. Bjorn was my father though I'll admit I never met the man. That's part of what brought me down here and into the Society's service."

After the small shadow-man describes the structure, Asvald studies it again himself

"It is a curious sight - reminds me too much of the towers of the Winter Witches back home. Do you know who might have built it?"


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

It is at this point that you all hear hoofbeats in the distance, growing closer. Looking in the direction of the sound you see a single rider approaching. He's a half-elf in a chain shirt, with a bow slung over one shoulder. As he nears the party, he raises a hand in a tentative greeting, then quickly grabs the reins again. It's obvious that he doesn't ride very often, but his dismount is reasonably graceful. He holds up a Wayfinder. "Ah, you're the, um, Pathfinders they sent? Sorry about that...I, I thought I'd sent you a message to meet at the Red Shield Tavern in town, but I guess it didn't get to you in time." He looks at the ground shamefacedly, scuffing one foot before looking back up at you with a little laugh. "So I was sitting there waiting for you, and then I overheard Embra talking about the strangers pa-passing through...and that's when I realized I still had the messages with me."

He straightens up. "But enough of that. You're here with carte blanche to explore these ruins and report on your findings, to me or to any of the other Pathfinders who come through Fort Inevitable. The records at Grand Lodge are kind of sketchy--this place might not be much of anything at all, so you might finish quickly and be able to report to the Grand Lodge in person*. Though there are hints of something more interesting, and at the very least there are supposed to be goblins in the area. If you manage to put them down it'll redound to the Society's benefit, and likely to your own as well.

"Any questions?"

*This is unlikely ;-).

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric of Shelyn 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 14 | F+7 R+5 W+8 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4 | channel 3d6 (DC 16): 5/8 | luck: 3/5 | arc: 4/5

"Oo! Oo!" Melody raises her hand and waits to be called on. When the half-elf acknowledges her she curtsies and introduces herself, "Melody Flaxseed, acolyte of the goddess Shelyn and confirmed Pathfinder." She then continues with her question, "What exactly is this place? Where did it come from? Can you fill us in on any of its history? I'm just trying to get my report started early...."

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

DM - any info from my Knowledge (history) check above? Result was a 20.

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 43/75 (13 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Earlier

"It is true, I am the daughter of Baldur, though my father was not of the northern people." She looks over in surprise at Asvald as he answers similarly, then turns her gaze back to the Wayang. "I have no memories of the lands of my mother, though... she... left there when I was still a babe."

Present

Eva gives the half-elf a formal nod of greeting, quickly producing a pen and parchment from her backpack to take notes.

Asvald was the only one treating Senja like a freak, btw. :P


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

History: Four hundred years ago, a goblin kingdom in this area was crushed by an army out of the River Kingdoms, opening the lands to settlement. The town of Southwood was founded shortly thereafter. Even then, the green-glass ruins were ancient, and they have not changed noticeably since. They're believed to be Azlanti in origin (as noted above). No one you have access to knows how deep they go. Senja, you recall reading of a Numerian wizard who took an interest in the place a few decades ago; he apparently came here with a substantial force of clockwork automata, entered, and was never seen again. In the years since, though, clockwork creatures have appeared twice in the Spire Glen, the clearing around the ruins.

It is known that (like the automata) powerful and dangerous creatures sometimes appear in the vicinity of the ruins. Senja has also seen an eyewitness report from a traveler of a pair of humanoid crows appearing as if from empty air. The traveler fled, pursued by the creatures, and was rescued by a party of Hellknights out of Fort Inevitable. The creatures were strong enough to kill half the party before they could be slain.

DC 16 Knowledge (Local):
From the description they sound like dread corbies, the offspring of a dire corby and a harpy. They live exclusively underground.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13
Eva Baldursdóttir wrote:
Asvald was the only one treating Senja like a freak, btw. :P

Senja is a bit of a freak, so he probably didn't notice the differences in treatment. Just trying to make the 7 Charisma mean something.

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 43/75 (13 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Eva's is 8, so we'll get along just fine. ;)

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 62/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

Asvald greets the messenger with a nod and listens quietly as he describes the party’s task.

”Goblins? I’m certain that a group as skilled as this one can handle some goblins”, the young ulfen says with a beaming smile.

Local: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Asvald is not sure what to make of the bird-creature described but his hand settles on the hilt of his blade as he turns toward the tower.

”Well? Shall we be going?”

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 43/75 (13 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

Unless he has anything else to tell us... onward!

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4

Sweet! Kragnor's Cha is 8 as well.

Kragnor spits on the ground at the mention of goblins. "Goblins! Vermin of the land! Chaos embodied!" He spits on his hands and rubs them together. "Aye, I'm all for some goblin extermination..."

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric of Shelyn 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 14 | F+7 R+5 W+8 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4 | channel 3d6 (DC 16): 5/8 | luck: 3/5 | arc: 4/5

18 Cha for Melody. So... I guess that makes her the face then.

Melody finishes scribbling a few notes on her own scraps of parchment and then safely stows them in her overfilled backpack. "I'm ready to go if you lot are! Let's get to it!"

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

"It will be interesting to encounter goblins," Senja says. "I've learned some of their tongue by eavesdropping on a group of them that lived near my village. Remarkably simple language, easy to pick up, though not a pleasant one. As far as these humanoid crows I read about, I have not yet sorted out quite what they were. Perhaps we'll find out!"

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4

"BAH!" Kragnor exclaims, spitting on the ground again. "You Wangs might not know much about goblins, but take it from a dwarf, they ain't nothing, but chaotic vermin, living to destroy!"

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

"Wayang, not Wang," Senja says grumpily.

Dark Archive

AC16/T12/FF14/CMD19(+4 vs BR, TR; +2 SD)|HP37[37]||F:+6|R:+6|W:+3(+3 vs poison, spell, SLA)
Stats:
|Init:+2(+2 undgrnd)|Percept.+9(+10 in underground environment to notice traps, potential cave-ins, dangerous flora *free check @10')
Dwarf Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 4

Kragnor looks confusedly at Senja. "Ah...ok."

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Cleric of Shelyn 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMD 14 | F+7 R+5 W+8 (+2 fear) | Init +2 | Perc +4 | channel 3d6 (DC 16): 5/8 | luck: 3/5 | arc: 4/5

Melody quips, "I've always heard that the problem with learning Goblin is that you then understand Goblin."

The Exchange

F Kitsune Ninja 3/Sorcerer 4/Arcane Trickster 2 - HP 60/60 - AC: 26/T: 16/FF: 22 – Resist: Fire 20* - Perception +11; Low-light vision - Fort: +7, Ref: +12, Will: +8 - CMB: +5, CMD 19 - Speed: 30 ft. - Init. +6

Kali also has a Cha of 18, so we should be fine there.

"Goblins, huh? Aren't they kind of crazy? Durn, I really should have paid more attention in class." She bites her bottom in lip in consternation, but it quickly passes at the excitement of the moment, "Anyway, I've been ready to get going. Thanks, uh, what's you name?" Kali asks the half-elf.

Scarab Sages

M Wayang Witch 9 | HP 63 | AC 17 | T 16 | FF 13 (w/mage armor: 21/16/17) | CMD 17 | Fort +10 | Ref +11 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +13

Senja nods, his head seeming to balance precariously on his slender neck, saying to Melody, "There is something to that. I've picked up a bit of Draconic as well, not sure if I want a chance to use it."

Grand Lodge

F Human Monk 8 [ HP 43/75 (13 NL) | AC 23 Tch 18 FF 17 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +10 | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +15, low-light vision | Ki: 10/13 | Effects: mage armor ]

"I may be able to provide some remedial lessons as we go if you like," remarks Eva drily. "Though I'm afraid I can't tell you much of goblins... most of what I have heard of them is simply hearsay."

The Exchange

M Ulfen Skald/Ranger 9 [ HP 62/84 | AC 21 (25 with barkskin) Tch 13 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +9* | CMD 27 | Init +1 | Perc +8 | Effects: none ]
Resources:
Inspire 25/25 | Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 0/4 | 3rd 1/1 | Wildshape 2/2

”A dragon? Now that would make for an epic tale! I wonder if linnorms once roosted here. I suppose it might be a bit warm for their tastes.”


Rise of the Runelords|Dragon's Demand| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire

The half-elf starts when he realizes that one of you is talking to him again. "Morvius Eruthiel. Look for me at the Red Shield Tavern or at the Juliver Arms inn." He remounts and takes the reins. "Remember: explore, report, cooperate. And try to come back in one piece. Good luck! Come on, uh, horse." After some cajoling he manages to get his less-than-noble steed pointed back towards town and moving.

You're at the edge of the clearing. It's apparent that some sort of cataclysm took place here a very long time ago, but traces of it still remain. The blasted land still only supports a few hardy weeds. The chunks of green glass that litter the landscape look half-melted in spots, and there is enough glass that the very light in the clearing takes on a greenish hue.

The keep stands atop a thirty-foot-tall embankment. The keep walls themselves are surprisingly intact despite some melting along the east and southwest walls, though the central tower is only a stub of what must once have been a much taller structure...or one whose lines and proportions were quite different from architecture with which you're familiar. The main door of the keep, on the north side, gapes wide (though it's not possible to see inside; the shadows are deep). What was likely at one point a grand staircase up to it has been obliterated, leaving only a rubble-strewn cliff. However, walking around the structure you can see another entrance on the south side, a much narrower dirt path winding up the steep embankment to a pitch-black doorway.

1 to 50 of 4,792 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's PFS Emerald Spire-Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.