DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 1: The Worldwound Gambit (table 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

Current Tactical Map: TACTICAL OVERVIEW
Map of Kenabres: Link
Flex Time Thread: LINK

Loot Tracking: Link


2,301 to 2,350 of 2,775 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum glances around at Voren as the spellcasters crumple to the ground. "Not bad, boy. Now, what's a sex t--oh. I see what's going on here," he growls. Hefting his sword, he comes boiling out of the cloud of darkness and plowing into the cultist across the room from him!

Charging #17!

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2) + 5 = 10


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren looks at Jokum in confusion. Then, he looks at the newly unconscious cultists. He tails after Jokum. "Jokum! I didn't do that! I took care of the one outside, but this wasn't me!" That's when he sees the female tiefling fighting off two cultists. "Oh. Hello there." He then looks at the cultist that is not being engaged. His eyes glow a bright green. The cultist feels tired.

Round 13 Actions
Move Action: Move to T8.
Standard Action: Use Slumber hex on enemy 28. Will save DC 15 negates. I have also forgotten to mention that those who are affected are asleep for 4 rounds. So I don't know how many rounds enemy 26 is still asleep for.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"I shall cut a path for you my lady. You will be free of these demonic deviants!"

Radiance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak wants to follow the others inside the other room but stops just before entering noticing an opponent who seems to still be alive...

I believe that Karthak can't reach any opponents this turn, so he will stop near #26, and if alive will execute him, also, please Arthas tell us who's your target, otherwise choosing who to attack becomes complicated


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Karthak, enemy 26 is alive. He's just asleep and, thus, considered helpless.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

I will step right and target 21 if that is possible. Otherwise I can only target 25 as I am in the doorway.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Then he's coup de graced next turn... Thanks for pointing it out


Before leaving, Iavdi picks up a cultists robe and glaive.
”I will need to pass as one of the enemy to get through to the healers at Defenders Heart.”
She hesitates, then thrusts Irabeth’s fathers sword on Karthak.
”You should take this. It is meant to be in the fight.” She said, before throwing the hood up and descending to the first floor out of sight.

Round 13___________

Danua______
MA: Move 15 ft back to Blackblade!
She dodged the blades of the cultists as she hopped on the table and ran across it. She flipped over one of the cultists to move to the wall where her black blade jutted out at an odd angle.
Too many to fight! As her hand falls on the hilt...
... she took a breath and attempted to wrench the blade free of the wall!
The blade came free of the wall easily.

Jokum of the Breakbones_____
Hefting his sword, he comes boiling out of the cloud of darkness and plowing into the cultist across the room from him!
Charging #17, he rams his blade through the cultists stomach. The cultist drops dead.

Voren the Outsider_____
Move Action: Move to T8.
Standard Action: Use Slumber hex on enemy 28.
Red 28 shook his head, but otherwise looks fine.

Arthas Sword of Ragathiel_____
"I shall cut a path for you my lady. You will be free of these demonic deviants!"
Striding up to Red 25, Arthas applied his golden warhammer to the cultists body armor and shocked him with his power, driving him back.

Karthak Ironbreaker_____
I believe that Karthak can't reach any opponents this turn, so he will stop near #26, and if alive will execute him.
Karthak performs a coup de gras on his unconscious victim.
====================================================================
NOTE: All enemy markers that are black denote unconscious but alive.
====================================================================

ENEMIES_____________
Desperately, the last cultist still able to move under his own power ducked back from Arthas and tried to grab Danua as a hostage.
Grapple CMB vs Danua’s CMD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Of course, since he doesn’t have Improved Grapple, he is eligible for an AoO from Danua.


Round 14_________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

AoO on Red 28: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
FRA: Spellcombat/Spellstrike -2 to attacks
Attack Red 28: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 21
Damage +Arcana +1 to blackblade 6/10 Rounds remaining.: 1d6 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 5 = 11

[dice=Defensive Casting - Arcane Mark "COWARD" imprinted where she strikes. DC 15]1d20+8[/dice]

Attack Red 28 - Arcane Mark: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 2 = 25
Damage +Arcana +1 to blackblade 6/10 Rounds remaining.: 1d6 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 5 = 8

The blade glanced off the cultists armor before she got her double jointed leg up between them and growled angrily. "BACK... OFF!" She kicks him back, before casing a spell and propelling herself forward as she completed her casting. The cultist barely had time to recover before her blade lashed out at him twice more as she tried to kill him before he killed her.


And with that, the last cultist falls when Danua's black blade sank deep into his left side.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

She twists the blade as the cultists gasps his last, she kicks him hard and tears the backblade free before pointing it towards the newcomers. "Stay right where you are! And just Who in the hells are you?!"


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren shrieks as the new tie fling points her blade in their direction, the darkness quickly receding. He quickly hides behind Arthas (a somewhat humorous sight, considering the size differences between the two). Poking his head out from behind the paladin's shoulder, he says, "We-We are h-here to h-help! We're n-not your enemies!"


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

"We are the ones asking the questions here! Fighting this scum earns you parley but undestand that for all we know you could very well be a cultist of a different demon cult fighting against her rivals. If that's the case you've better be ready to meet your dark masters sooner than you expected" says Karthak after slaying another of the cultists.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

The distrust was obvious on her face as she growled at the now hiding Tiefling male before her eyes moved to the murderous dwarf hacking up the unconscious cultists. She grimaced at the sight of his blade ending another cultist as she growled angrily at him. "I no longer serve the Dark or else I'd have used that spell on you... Her growl is cut short as she glance at the floor and then back at the group standing on the far side of the table. Her voice losing its edge as she spoke again. "So thank... you. Now ask your questions..." She stammered out her thanks while she pauses momentarily, keeping the table between herself and the newcomers as she lowers the blade to her side. Looking more than nervous in doing so, as she didn't trust the powerful group but she chose to stand more upright on her legs. Her clawed toes tapped the floor in frustration as she answered the Dwarves mixed questions somewhat forced. "I am Danua and I... serve none of them now. By the Wanderer I won't bow to them nor the Inquisition to have me again." The scars across her face and visible portions of skin and scale reflected her answer.

Description below
Standing at an impressive 6’ 5” now that she isn't crouching down. She had black skin, black as pitch and glistened in the dim light as if she were covered in a light sheen of sweat. Her skin had patches of scale in the right places, the parts of her that were most vulnerable to attack. She is scarred in the spots where the inquisition and the cultists had cut and tortured her, some of them were faded but many appeared to be new. A scar split her lips vertically which made part of her lips look permanently twisted in a smirk. A ring of scarred flesh encircled her wrists where the skin was tugged and now scales grew over the weakened flesh.

Her pale silver eyes glanced about the room, from face to face and were glowing slightly in the dark. Her hair is short, with a pair of dreadlock tangles hanging on either side of her head. Her hair is a pale silvery white in color giving a contrast to her dark skin and making her stand out. A pair of horns rose up sharply from the sides of her head curving backs some making her appear more aggressive looking. Her arms, chest and body down to the sides of her hips were human in appearance and aside from scales; she had no nubs or vestigial growths like others of her kind.

Standing on digitigrade legs, which ended in raptor like toe talons, giving her a more demonic look despite the ease with which she stood. Three claws along in front, a larger fourth claw that tapped every now again when she is bored or irritated and a high angled heel that made it easier for her to lean forward if she needed to lunge or run. Despite the awkward shape of her legs she is well balanced.

"What other... questions do you have?" The blade remained in her hand but she wasn't holding it in a threatening manner.

1d20 ⇒ 10

Sense Motive DC 8:

She was ready to bolt the moment the dwarf or anyone raised a hand to her. Small tremors ran through her frame from time to time as she stood cornered in this room but her grip on the blade was firm.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren decides to step from behind Arthas carefully. He stands there a bit timidly.

Description below

Voren stands at a towering 6'1". He has deep red skin that is covered in scales. His body shape is lanky, not showing much muscle definition. His eyes stare nervously at Danua, glowing a light yellow glow. His ears are pointed like an elf's. His onyx colored hair is somewhat dirty, hanging to his shoulders and is styled in many braids. The horns on his head are curved and ram-like. From the clopping on the floor, it becomes obvious that his legs end in hooves. He wrings his clawed like hands in nervousness. Looking up, noticing that Danua is staring at him, he gives a nervous, fanged smile. From the parts of his arms everyone can see, there is a glowing blue mark that resembles the sigil of the Riftwardens. There is also some green, glowing marks that appear to start on his arms and most likely continue to encompass his entire body. These green marks appear to be fey in nature.

The robes he's wearing are dark, dirty, and very patchwork, as if they were made from various old scraps of fabric. The colors of the fabric range from black, grays, dark reds, and other dark colors. The shoulders of the robes are adorned with crow feathers. Various trinkets and oddities hang off of the robes in various locations. The trinkets include fey made tokens (provide no magical benefits), skulls, feathers, teeth, fangs, and claws. The hood is very deep to conceal his face and horns. On top of his robes, he wears a somewhat magical looking cloak. He wears a set of protective bracers on his wrist. Around his neck, he wears a wolf's jaw bone on a thick cord that seems to shimmer in faint protective magic.

End Description

Voren looks at Danua. "I'm Voren. I'm a... witch. But I heal people. My friends are Arthas, a warrior of Ragathiel, Karthak, a warrior of Torag, and Jokum of Sarkoris and his friend, Tentak." He feels a sharp pinch on his ear. "Oh! I'm sorry! This is Ayne, my friend and familiar." He holds up his arm and the scorpion skitters on his hand. He then looks inquisitively. "To be honest, I was hoping there would be a tiefling on our side. As for my question..." He looks her over. "Are you hurt? You have seemed to take some wounds. Would you like me to heal you?"

I'm assuming that since Voren is from about 100 years ago, he would know what her means. If not, then ignore this.

The witch looks at Danua questioning. "Danua? I'm actually from Old Sarkoris. So, I'm familiar with that word. Why do they call you that?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Voren doesn't seem to be aware of Danua's body language.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Oh, now there's a 20.

Jokum eyes the new tiefling warily. "May as well put that ax down, Karthak. Or will you kill all of them?" He sighs. "I suppose we have not the rope to bind them all."

He turns to Danua. "As Voren said, I am called Jokum. But we do not have the time for pleasant introductions. We must be gone. We have an important mission." He pauses, eyeing her. She's one of the few people he's met recently larger than he is. "Did I know you better, I would ask your help, if you truly hate these villains."


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua was conflicted for a moment, recoiling at the thought of being touched before becoming still as she recalled the meaning of her own name. "It meant Fertile One once long ago, before it was tossed aside Voren. However your companion is right..."

She looks to Jokum then. "I do hate them. They are vile and they must fail!" She slashes the air with her blackblade in frustration, her voice was strong and it was easy to tell she meant it.

Danua:

<:Words may not prove your sincerity... Your actions will...:>

She considered for a long moment before adding. "How can I earn your trust then?"

K-Religion Torag Knowledge (This is a personal roll to set what she does/doesn't know of Torag.: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

K-Religion Ragathiel Knowledge (This is a personal roll to set what she does/doesn't know of Ragathiel.: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Her eyes switch between Karthak and Arthas, her eyes linger on the warrior of the god of Vengeance until finally she looked back to Jokum, waiting for a response.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Oh, I forgot to mention: Voren has a long, grey tail that ends in a barb. It's fully prehensile.

When Danua mentions that she tossed aside her name, Voren looks nervous. "Oh... sorry for bringing it up." When she swings her blade, Voren takes a step back quickly. When she asks her question, Voren says, "Can you help us? We are trying to keep a powerful artifact out of the hands of the demons and the cultists. The Wardstone. Or what's left of it. It needs to be destroyed before they can corrupt it and wind up destroying the rest of them."


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

DM Camris:

Does Danua know the location of this artifact? Trying not to Metagame/Player knowledge anything as I have been through this part of the book before. However I thought I would ask.

Seeing the tieflings apprehension at her still being armed she set the blade on her hip where strangely it stayed.

Waiting on DM Camris's response~


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas tries to puzzle out what kind of creature Is before him. It looks part demon.

Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

He concentrates on her to see what she holds in her heart.

Detect Evil

"Do you carry a scale upon your person?"


Danua:
You know there is Something very important to the generals on the top floor. No one of your rank is permitted to even look at the passage leading to the only stairway up to there, and is heavily guarded.
Rumors swirled around exactly what it is that is up there; the chalice of Sarenrae, the head of the Gold Dragon that fell during the assault, the broken sword of Iomedae... These and more were rife among the soldiers stationed here.
Plus, they were waiting for a Very Important Personage to deal with whatever it is. They are supposed to arrive today or tomorrow, or so you've heard.
Arthas:"Do you carry a scale upon your person?"
If you had not before, you do now.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

In answer to Voren's question Danua looks to the group, her face a mix of apprehension and suspicion as she blurts out. "Rumor was that the Masters had something important on the top floor. So important that even looking at the passage leading up there was punishable for us low cultists. Supposedly someone of great import is coming for it, I know not who but that was the ru-..." Subconsciously her idle hand was fiddling with her pocket until she found something curious on her person. "... -mor."

She pulls out a single scale, marveling at its beauty before she finally responds to Arthas. "Yes. Yes I do." She was unsure of when or where she had found it but it was real at least.

DM Camris:

Is this a Silver/Gold Scale? And do you want me to read the thread from the beginning to get a gist of what has led up to now?


Danua:

It is a beautiful silver dragon scale about the size of your hand. You know without understanding why that it is from the Ancient Silver Dragon Terendelev, who died in the assault on the city.
The powers of this one are listed here (also in the Campaign tab).
Terendelev's scale:
Aura Strong (varries); CL 19th
Slot none; Minor Artifact Weight --
Description:
Each of Terendelev's scales grants a different power to the person who carries them. The powers granted do not function at all if more than one scale is carried. The powers of the six scales are listed below-any nonevil creature that handles a scale immediately understands its use.
Sacred Weaponry: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast align weapon, but only to make a weapon lawful or good. Unlike a normal align weapon spell, this effect can be cast on an unarmed strike or natural weapon.
Destruction
The Storm King Khorramzadeh can destroy each of Terendelev's scales merely by eating it.
==================
And yes, once you are accepted on the team I assume they tell you the tale of what happened to them during and after the assault until now. You can read the story thread from the beginning.

Now that the battle is over (except for the disposal of the wounded), this room stands out as different from the others that you've been through in this citadel.
For one thing, it hasn't been destroyed and vandalized.
You see stacks of scrolls, books, maps, and more sit atop a large hexagonal table in this room. The walls are painted with detailed maps of Sarkoris, over which features of the Worldwound have been painted.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Added and understood! :)

Again she was distracted running her thumb over the scale in slow circles as a flash of insight filled her mind. "Terendelev's scale..." she spoke without thinking before shaking her head and sliding it back into her pocket.

The tieflings apology was in her mind but she merely shook it off and looked back at Arthas levelly before saying. "They used this room for planning. I know not what was stored here but as you can see they had no chance to destroy it either."


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"Or, the leaders of the traitors recognized its strategic importance."

Arthas continues to try and read the aura surrounding Danua.

"Voren , Karthak, between the two of you have a look at what's laid out on the table here. Grab up anything that looks like planning and intelligence and we'll start rolling it up and putting it into tubes. The resistance can digest it later."

Arthas holds Radience for Danua to clearly see it and bathes the room in the sacred sword's holy light.

"I am Athas, Last Sword of Ragathiel known to still fight for General Grievance in this city and bearer of Yaniel's Holy Sword. Ragathiel himself has reformed the blade to look like his own mighty sword."

The Paladin produces his own scale.

"As you say, a Scale of Terendelev. Each of us bears one having somehow been saved by the great dragon."

"Her scale is real."

"Join us Danua, or the suffering inflicted on you will be inflicted a thousand times fold upon every sentenant being on our world and possibly others. The dragon gave its life for the city and each of us a scale so that we could find one another and save the world."

"Show us to this passageway."


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

A small part of her wanted her to step back from the sword, to cower but she didn't move. Her silver eyes looked up to the blade that Arthas held aloft and stared instead in wonder at its brilliance.

<:Becoming a redeemed is a long road frought with choices. You will be tested and forged anew. But the journey is the greatest part and it is started with a single step...:> The blades come voice whispered in her mind, reaffirming her resolve.

She closed her eyes momentarily as she willed the right answer forth.

Conflicted Danua:
<:Can I trust them?:> The rack cracked her wrists. <:Will they hurt me?:> The cultists blade slashed her face as they tortured her. Then something Arthas said sparked an old memory, where she had met a silver dragon that had given her mercy. Long ago, when no one else would... "I see not the stench of evil as I saw in the others. There is still time for you to redeem yourself if you seek it tainted one. Seek not to be a tool to dark powers and seek to be a follower in the halls of light. Do not let the mercy visited upon you this day to be for nothing. Seek redemption, atone and return under the right banner."

She nodded then, opening her eyes. "When you are ready I will lead you there [b]Arthas, Follower of Just Vengeance. As before they must fail, even if it means this is my last day."[/b] She smiles as she relaxes her legs, settling at around six feet tall. Her tail unwinding from around her waist and wagging slowly behind her as several small fins spread out to fan behind her Similar to the one in the image.

She looks back at Voren, a mixture of emotions, anger, embarrassment and a small bit of shyness. "If you need to. You can. I guess..." She presents her wounded arm and steps forward slowly, her clawed toes clacking on the floor with each step.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum moves to the doorway as Karthak and Voren start to investigate the room. It may be that I do not like or trust paladins...but it is said that they can see the wickedness in a person's heart more clearly than even a priest. Squatting in the doorway, he idly scratches Tentak's jaw as he keeps watch on the hallway, drawing his bow and laying it, arrow nocked, across his knees. And I begin to wonder if Arthas is not different from the paladins I remember.

Aloud, he says, "I suppose it takes all types to fight against the poison of demons. An Asmodean priest I know would be pleased to hear me say that..." He chuckles. "Welcome to the side of the ancestors, Danua. If you can use that blade - and it seems you can - I'm pleased to have you."


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"Ragathiel has shown me that you do not harbor an evil heart. I can sense your pain and fear, but despite that you show courage. Be at ease in your appearance as you can see Voren is a Tiefling and is welcome and safe with us. Ragathiel himself is half devil, half fire elemental yet leads the holy host of the Seven Heavens. Your appearance means little, its what is in your heart that is of importance."


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren smiles and walks over to Danua, his hoover feet clopping on the floor. "Don't worry. This won't hurt." He pulls out a wand and begins waving it. He then points it at Danua's arm and the wounds begin to heal.

Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Using 1 charge of the wand of CLW.

He smiles at his work. "There. Not at 100%. But nearly there. If you need anything else, please let me know." He then puts away the wand and aids Karthak in gathering what's on the table, using Detect Magic, eyes glowing blue.

I also forgot that I gave Iavdi a potion of protection from evil and my mess kit.


There is a huge amount of intelligence on Mendevian troop movements, tactics, resources, defenses, and war plans that have been captured throughout Kenabres.
The troop movements are incredibly valuable to the Worldwound, and their recovery will no doubt please the Eagle Watch.
It takes about half an hour to pack eight boxes of the most important papers and maps.

Voren:

Misfiled among the stacks of papers is a single scroll of restoration.


Danua:

You don't actually know where the stairway is, only that it is up here somewhere.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua looks somewhat sheepish as she nods to Voren giving him a quick. "Uh... Thanks. Voren." Unsure how else to act she moves towards the door, mindful of the others as she looked out to see where the group had already come from. When they finally decide to leave the room with its massive round table behind, she was still gazing out into the hallway thinking on which way they had gone just yet. Her tail goes rigid and whips furiously from time to time though the rest of her body remains still.

Some blade talk:

<:You are quite awkward at this aren't you?:>

<:SHUT UP!:>

<:You will learn how to respond correctly in time. For now focus on helping them.:>

<:I will, thanks.:>

<:And THAT is how you should have answered.:>

<:UGH!:>

She starts with the first door on the left across the hall, systematically removing the possibilities one door at a time. She crept along and kept her wits about her as she approached the door...

Heading to the door south of this one peer the map you provided. :)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"All packed up, good, let's proceed. To glory and salvation through retribution my friends. The shard awaits us."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak turns towards Jokum:"Well yes. They need to be put down. We cannot afford to have them recover and decide to stab us in the back while we fight whatever other horrors haunt this place now. It's unfortunate... I would have liked to give them a trial before executing them, but we really have no choice on the matter. Saving Kenabres trumps all other considerations!"

Then the dwarf turns his attention on Danua, casts detect evil, and once reassured the tiefling soul is not tainted he grumbles:"So you claim to want to abandon your evil ways, eh? I suppose you having Terendelev's scale buys you some credit. Very well, we are short one member at the moment and you proved yourself capable of killing this scum at least. Now let's finish them off, then we salvage what we can from this room. These documents are way too important to be left here, we shall spend some time doing so. Again, unfortunate but necessary".

So we spend 30 minutes to pack the significant data, the we keep exploring this level. What are our options?


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren picks up the scroll and places it in his pack. "I found a scroll. It's for a restoration spell."

Voren nods at Danua and smiles. "No problem, Danua. I'm here to help." He does look at her when she stands completely still, wondering if she's alright.

He packs up the intelligence and gets ready to go.

How much weight do all of the boxes take up?


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

I'd assume we're leaving the boxes here, and picking them up on our way out....I'd vote for that, anyway!

Watching Danua move down the hall, Jokum's eyes narrow. He holds up a hand to halt the others in their tracks. "She's got a light step...let's let her see what she can find out." If Danua gives a sign that it's safe to approach the door, Jokum approaches with an arrow nocked to his bow, and takes up a position to be able to fire into the room when the door is opened. Tentak trots along behind him.


Each box is a wooden archive box that weighs 25 lbs when full of paper.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Looks like we have to leave the boxes here. Also, are all of the cultists dead at this point?

Voren follows, heavy mace ready and waiting for enemies to hex.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Let's move things along then

Once all the cultists are disposed of and the relevant data has been stored Karthak raises his shield and points at the door right in front of the strategy room.

"Ready?" he grumbles before kicking it open.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

I guess I was unclear where Iwas going, she was going to stealth in but this works too xD Danua approved!


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)
Danua wrote:
I guess I was unclear where Iwas going, she was going to stealth in but this works too xD Danua approved!

The paladin lets out a chuckling sigh.

"Heh, heh, thank you Danua, but Karthak is going to take a much more direct approach. Proceed sir."


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum rolls his eyes to himself at Karthak's eagerness, and makes sure that he's in a position to shoot into the room once Karthak knocks the door down.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua was reaching for the door knob when the Dwarf made his loud and eager entrance boot first. She reacted just in time to save her hand and gave a bristling growl of indignation at being shown up so obviously. At Arthas laughter she took on a more thoughtful look, especially as she knew little of Torag. Perhaps reckless eagerness must be a divine trait of theirs, so he is merely trying to curry favor. Interesting.. Shrugging her shoulders then she readied to storm in after Jokum, she was less then eager to be sliced again...

;) And being an indoctrined cultist makes for confusing and homorous RP later mwahaha.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren looks in shock as Karthak kicks the door in. Following, he keeps an eye out, ready to hex the first unfriendly thing in there.


Six double bunks sit in two orderly rows in this room.
The bedding has been tossed on the ground, as if the sleepers woke in haste and one of the twelve iron lockboxes lies on its side, empty.
A lidless box holds scraps of moldering food, while a pair of large barrels nearby look to be filled with water.
You don't see anyone in here from the doorway.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas steps into the room detecting for evil.

"Perhaps an empty room for once . . . perhaps."


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua stands in the hallway, watching for any approaching enemies from the hallway. She twirls her scimitar sized blade every few seconds, unable to contain her burst of energy after surviving death only minutes before.


Arthas:
No Evil is sensed in this room.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

"well... this is what I like to call a letdown..." says the dwarf turning towards the door... just before taking a sudden step back while slashing his axw at the air behind him

"Or is it!?!?" he exclaims somehow triumphantly...

If this room is as empty as it seems Karthak spends a few minutes searching it for anything useful then moves to the next door on the left and repeats the process

Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,775 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GM Striker] Wrath of the Righteous 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.