DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 1: The Worldwound Gambit (table 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

Current Tactical Map: TACTICAL OVERVIEW
Map of Kenabres: Link
Flex Time Thread: LINK

Loot Tracking: Link


2,401 to 2,450 of 2,775 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

"Same routine as before: we enter and slay whatever unholy miscreants lurk inside the hell infested hole... are we agreed? On my count of three... One... Two... THREE!!!" says Karthak preparing for just another assault and slamming the door open with a kick!


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren sighs in relief as the demon dies. He then runs over to the books and begins inspecting them, making sure that these books survived. He turns to the others with a smile on his face. "Guys! The books are okay!" He then moves with the others, ready to go into the next room.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua moves with Karthak and the others, keeping an eye out in case somethig was sneaking up on them...


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"Another room, another demon, another vengeance carried out, in thine name most grevious of generals."

Arthas nods to the others ready to strike.


When Karthak kicked the door open, you get a glimpse of several stacked horizontal shelves hold a number of small, straw-lined bird cages.
A large window, shuttered and barred is inset into the far wall.

But what takes your interest are the demonic giant flies with faces that look all too human save for their deformed rasping maws and tiny half-formed hands on the tip of each spindly leg.

Round 1______________________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

"Well, that is not good," Jokum growls, advancing into the room and firing his bow at the nearest creature.

Move to the upper-left-hand corner of the square 2 squares east of #3, and fire at #2!

Attack (assuming Favored Enemy): 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13 Using a cold iron durable arrow.

He then casts his mind back over the demon lore he knows, racking his brain to see if he's heard of these things before.

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Jokum has a +1 bonus to AC against evil outsiders.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

In a flash Karthak tries to identify the creatures himself...

Knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

...right before charging towards the nearest one!

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17 -> Damage roll: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Move into room and attack nearest enemy!

K-Planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Attack with Mi Sutoresu - scimitar blackblade : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Danua strode into the room on her strange bent digitgrade legs, close with one of the enemy and giving a shout as she tried to hack down the human faced fly with her blade!


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren runs into the room and screams at the sight of the creatures. He feels a wave of hunger coming from Ayne. He racks his brain for information.

Knowledge (the planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

His eyes turn to the now iconic pitch black. The second creature starts to feel weaker.

Round 1 Actions
Move Action: Move to J22.
Standard Action: Use Evil Eye hex on demon 2. Targeting AC. -2 penalty for 6 rounds. Will Save DC 15 reduces this to 1 round.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

We need someone to bot Arthas


s AC 23, touch 13, flat-footed 21 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect, +3 shield) hp 40/40 (10,9,6,10+4) Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +7, Int +2 Senses +2

Round 1 Actions
Move into the Melee Flank if possible
Attack with Radiance +Flank -Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 20
Damage +Power Attack: 1d10 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 4 = 16

Arthas moves in to join the melee, Radiance glimmers in his hands as he positions himself in the ensuing struggle. He raises the blade and brings it down with a skillful but surprisingly powerful blow...


Round 1______________________

Jokum of the Breakbones_____
"Well, that is not good," Jokum growls, advancing into the room and firing his bow at the nearest creature.
Move to the upper-left-hand corner of the square 2 squares east of #3, and fire at #2!
He sank an arrow deep into Red 2, but it’s still up and buzzing.
He then casts his mind back over the demon lore he knows, racking his brain to see if he's heard of these things before.

Jokum:

Turns out you know a LOT about these things,
DEMONIC GIANT FLIES
CE Medium magical beast
Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +7
DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 20 (2d8+11)
Fort +7, Ref +3, Will –2
DR 5/cold iron; Immune acid, disease, electricity, poison; Resist cold 10, fire 10
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft., fly 60 ft. (good)
Melee bite +4 (1d6+4 plus disease)
Special Attacks breath weapon (60-ft. line, 2d6 acid damage, Reflex DC 15 half, once every 1d4 rounds)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 2nd; concentration +4)
1/day—darkness
TACTICS
Morale The demonic giant flies fight to the death.
STATISTICS
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 7, Cha 15
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 15 (21 vs. trip)
Feats Improved Initiative, Toughness
Skills Acrobatics +8, Climb +16, Fly +12, Perception +7
Languages Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic; telepathy 100 ft.

Jokum has a +1 bonus to AC against evil outsiders.

Karthak Ironbreaker_____
In a flash Karthak tries to identify the creatures himself...
But cannot recall anything like these!
...right before charging towards the nearest one!
He managed to graze it, but it’s still up and buzzing.

Danua_____
Move into room and attack nearest enemy!
She cannot identify these things though.
Danua strode into the room on her strange bent digitgrade legs, close with one of the enemy and giving a shout as she tried to hack down the human faced fly with her blade!
Her black blade connected, driving through the demonic creature and out its back again. It collapsed dead in a welter of purplish blood, its buzzing stopped hard.

Voren the Outsider_____
Voren runs into the room and screams at the sight of the creatures. He feels a wave of hunger coming from Ayne. He racks his brain for information.

Voren:

As it happens, you know some things about these critters.
DEMONIC GIANT FLIES
Senses darkvision
DEFENSE
AC 15
DR 5/cold iron; Immune acid, disease, electricity, poison; Resist cold 10, fire 10
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft., climb 20 ft., fly 60 ft. (good)
Melee bite plus disease
Special Attacks breath weapon (60-ft. line, 2d6 acid damage
Spell-Like Abilities 1/day—darkness
TACTICS
Morale The demonic giant flies fight to the death.

His eyes turn to the now iconic pitch black. The third creature starts to feel weaker.
Move Action: Move to H22.
Standard Action: Use Evil Eye hex on demon 3. Targeting AC. -2 penalty for 6 rounds. Will Save DC 15 reduces this to 1 round.
Will save: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9 Fail.

Arthas – NPCed_____
Move into the Melee
Arthas moves in to join the melee, Radiance glimmers in his hands as he positions himself in the ensuing struggle. He raises the blade and brings it down with a skillful but surprisingly powerful blow...
Arthas charged up to number 3 and hit it hard, but it’s still up!

ENEMIES___________________
Demonic fly 1 drifted forward until it had a decent line, then unloaded its disgusting acidic spray with Danua, Karthak, Voren and Jokum in its area of effect. The spray does 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8 acid damage, reflex save DC15 for half.
Demonic fly 2 attacked Arthas.
Bite attack vs Arthas: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Nope.

DM:

Red1:20
Red3:4


Round 2___________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


s AC 23, touch 13, flat-footed 21 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect, +3 shield) hp 40/40 (10,9,6,10+4) Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +7, Int +2 Senses +2

The zound of his groaning armor and the metallic twang of his blde as he deflects the demonic flies attack were tedtament to the paladins strength. He shoved back his enemy before slashing at them with a shout. "In his name I shall destroy you!

Attack Demonic fly #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Attack Demonic fly 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

She hiszed thriugh her teeth as zhe whipped some of the acid off her skin. Though it still burned her fiercly as she zwung her blade at the second fly. Focusing solely on killing it quickly.


Arthas: Red 2 is already down. Do you mean Red 3?
Danua: Red 2 is already down. Do you mean Red 1?


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Arthas will take Demonic Fly 3

Danua will fcus on Fly 3 instead. ^^;

I saw Fly 2 attacked Arthas and assumed it was still up. My bad there. Thanks for clarifying it Camris. :)


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

"Demon flies," Jokum rumbles. "They're sturdy, but weak-willed. Be wary; they can spit lines of acid."

Dropping his bow, he steps forward to join Arthas and Danua in taking down the nearest fly. His greatsword comes down in an overhand swing.

Attack (favored enemy, crusader): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 31
Damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 5 + 2 = 12
Hilaricrit: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 14Aw man, no crit!

Drop bow, step up to the square south of Arthas and attack!


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak steps near the giant abyssal fly just north of him and tries to swat it with his axe!

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 -> Damage roll: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Critical Confirmation roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 -> Damage roll: 1d10 + 3 + 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (9) + 3 = 21

Kartak steps near fly #1 and attacks with his cold iron waraxe

Edit: Forgot the ref save!

Reflex save: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 3 = 20 and another +1 if this counts as an evocation spell


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Unfortunately, Voren isn't as lucky as the others and takes the full acidic spray. He screams out, feeling the acid burning his skin. He glares at the fly that just attacked. His eyes turn pitch black.

Round 2 Actions
Standard Action: Use Evil Eye hex on demon 1. Targeting AC. -2 penalty for 6 rounds. Will Save DC 15 reduces this to 1 round.

As far as I know, I'm still affected by the potion of mage armor, so my AC is still 19.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Wow, I also missed that line about the line of acid. Which makes Jokum's statement pretty stupid. :P

Reflex DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Jokum snarls as the acid sprays him. "Yep. Just like that."


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Npc Atrhas already attacked, who is left this round?


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Everyone has performed an action so I think it is on to the next round! XD


Round 2___________

Arthas – NPCed_____
The sound of his groaning armor and the metallic twang of his blade as he deflects the demonic flies attack were testament to the paladins strength. He shoved back his enemy before slashing at them with a shout. "In his name I shall destroy you!”
But his attack missed.

Danua_____
She hiszed thriugh her teeth as zhe whipped some of the acid off her skin. Though it still burned her fiercly as she zwung her blade at the second fly.
Her black blade landed a hit on the first fly demon, but most of the damage was absorbed, leaving only a thin trickle of blood.

Jokum of the Breakbones_____
Dropping his bow, he steps forward to join Arthas and Danua in taking down the nearest fly. His greatsword comes down in an overhand swing.
His blow slashed through its wings and torso, and it crashed to the floor dead.

Karthak Ironbreaker_____
Karthak steps near the giant abyssal fly just north of him and tries to swat it with his axe!
He landed a solid hit, severing its right foreleg.

Voren the Outsider_____
Unfortunately, Voren isn't as lucky as the others and takes the full acidic spray. He screams out, feeling the acid burning his skin. He glares at the fly that just attacked. His eyes turn pitch black.
Standard Action: Use Evil Eye hex on demon 1. Targeting AC. -2 penalty for 6 rounds.
The fly-demon failed the save.

ENEMIES___________________
The last demon fly buzzed its outrage and attacked Danua.
Bite attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17 for a possible 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 piercing damage.

DM:

Red1:9 (-2AC)


Round 3______________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Seeing his companions injured enrages the paladin who slings his shield to wield Radiance two handed.

"I will strike down with great vengeance and furious anger this evil being who dares trespass against us!"

Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 6 = 14


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum also hustles across the room and, growling, swings his greatsword at the fly. It whistles viciously through the air.

Attack (same bonuses): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 30
Damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 + 2 = 14
[dice=Smashes critical hit mug. "Another!"]1d20+8+2+1[/dice]
Possible bonus damage: 2d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 5 + 2 = 14


Between Arthas and Jokum, that demon fly is toast.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"Ha! and another one bites the dust! What do you think? Pretty fly for a white guy! Right?! You guys have heard that song right? Oh well, to the looting."

Search: 1d202 ⇒ 117

"Well I don't see anything, you guys?"


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren sighs in relief as the flies go down. As Arthas speaks, Voren looks at him in confusion. "I... don't understand. Is that a religious thing? Is that a thing within your church?" He proceeds to search around the room, Ayne doing so from his shoulder.

Voren's Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Ayne's Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua looks at the corpses and gives them a low growl, followed by a hard kick before shaking off the blood on her blade and arcing an eyebrow at Arthas's statement followed quickly with a long chuckle.

Perception check - Looking for anything interesting~: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Several stacked horizontal shelves hold a number of small, straw-lined bird cages. A stack of parchment, three quills, a pot of ink, and a pile of tiny cylindrical objects cover a nearby table.
A large window, shuttered and barred is inset into a corner of the far wall.
The pigeons are long gone now, but there are a couple of half eaten tiefling corpses in here. One looked like a wrangler of some kind, with a lasso and armored glove, while the other looked like an officer of some kind.
Searching the gruesome remains yields a studded leather armor and a suit of chainmail armor, both in the broken condition.
There is also a masterwork longsword, a spiked gauntlet, a shortsword, 115 crowns of various coinage and a key.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum seems nonplussed by Arthas's references, but he's more than satisfied that the demonic flies are done for. He stares at the tieflings' corpses. "Fools. Why do men always play with demons?"

When Danua holds up the key, he says simply, "Well, that may be what we're looking for. Hopefully it gets us upstairs. And I suspect those are the stairs in the corner."

Before the party decamps he takes a moment to glance more closely at the cylinders on the table. What are these, I wonder...


Examining the cylinders, you realize they were capsules into which the slips of paper, tightly rolled, were inserted and then tied to the legs of the messenger birds.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren nods, his face radiating determination. "I'm ready. Let's end this! Down with the demons!"

How much money do we each get? Who wants what items?


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua, looking to the corpses of her kind, has a look of rage and sadness on her face. Lives lost, their journey. Over. At Jokum's words she remarks pointedly as she pocketed the key. "When you are despised you will take whoever reaches to you. Demon or not, Jokum." With just that item she leaves the rest to the others. She swayed with her digitigrade legs as she stepped out of the room her claws tapping the floor. "I'll watch the hall..."


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

115 crowns means 23 each. I don't want any of the gear, personally. We can grab it for cash conversion later. :P

Jokum snorts. "May be. But their weakness still opens the door to darkness. I do not pity them."

Stalking over to the door in the corner, he tests it to see whether it's locked.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"Wait! Check these little message tubes. There might be valuable intelligence here. Voren help me out. lets just see if any of them have a message inside."


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren nods at Arthas and begins to aid in checking the tubes. He mutters a few words and his eyes glow blue. He begins to scan for magic.

Casting Detect Magic.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua pauses at Arthas sudden words but continues to move away when she realizes it has nothing to do with her. Jokum's contempt for the weak sends her tail snapping in irritation, she wore her anger but didn't voice.

Danua:
<:There is no point, focus on remaining calm and the goal at hand.:>

She stood watching out the door, remaining within sight as to not alarm the group that could still be wary of her.

Perception - Keeping an eye out. ~Perfect roll~ :3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Danua:

<:If you dwell on what is behind you, you will remain in your past. You must learn to let it go or else your journey will be fraught with disappointment and you will forever remain lost. If you do not learn to calmly deal with others. No matter their differing opinions then that too will lead you only to unhappiness. Your journey has been harsh, far harsher then others will realize or care but do not use it as a crutch. Instead wear it like armor, let the strength of your experience shield you and keep you from further harm.:>

"Easy for you to s..." She speaks quietly, blade drawn and her tail whipping in annoyance, though far less as angry as before. She flinches before resuming to place her shoulder on the door frame again as she kept watching.

Danua:

The blades firmness made her almost shrink away from the dark blade at first. <:Use your inner voice with me Danua. you have the strength to overcome. You must. So for now just Breath:>


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Figure that I'd add Voren's reaction to the eaten corpses of the tieflings.

As Voren works on the message tubes, he hears Jokum and Danua debate back and forth about the tieflings. He looks at the corpses. He frowns, not liking to see death. "Some of them had probably allied with the demons because they had no other option. Not everyone is as open as you guys are to people like Danua and myself. For us, sometimes that's the only option."


No magic is detected on the tubes; you find no concealed messages on the table or in the area. You conclude that any carrier bird messages, outgoing or incoming, must have been removed days ago. By the crusaders or the invading demons, you cannot tell.

Danua:

Meanwhile, all is quiet out in the hallway.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

"Nothing more to be done here. Let's find a way to get to the wardstone and put an end to this nightmare!" says Karthak going out of the room.

Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

What else can we do? Seems like we've searched all of the rooms on this floor


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Realizing that there's no messages or magic, Voren says, "Nothing in these tubes. No messages. No magic. Other than the gear that's already here, which we can't really carry. Karthak seems to have the right idea. Let's move on!" He makes to follow Karthak.

We can try and figure out Arthas's references (in character) and how they relate to the Empyreal Lord of Vengeance. Or, we could search any remaining rooms. And, if we have done that already, then we should go upstairs.

A few other things. I'm still keeping track of who has some of my things. Arthas has my bedroll, Ivadi still has my mess kit and one of my potions of protection from evil (I think), and Karthak has my portable alchemist's lab. Second, what are crowns in this region of the ISR? If someone said, then I seem to have forgotten. Sorry. Finally, has my potion of mage armor worn off yet?

And, it looks like we have a lot of things to go collect and do. Collect all of the loot and bury the bodies that the vermleks used outside.

Last, but not least, I can use this lull to heal myself.

Voren notices that he's been seriously damaged. He lays his hand on himself. His eyes glow blinding white as he feels some of his wounds stitch back together.

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13

Okay. So here's the confusing part. Voren has the blessed touch trait, which allows him to heal 1 additional point of damage when using lay on hands, channeling energy, or casting a cure spell. Since the Healing Hex works like a cure spell, it also gains a +1 hit point. He also has the Fey Foundling feat, which allows him to gain an additional 2 hit points per die rolled when he gets healed. However, do they work together when I heal myself? Like when I heal myself, do I get another hit point from Blessed Touch and then another 2 hit points from the Fey Foundling feat? If this is the case, then I healed myself for 15 points in total. I leave that for Camris to decide.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum calls out, "Hey, what about this room?" He goes back to the door in the corner and tests the handle.

On the last combat map, it looked like there was a little room in the bottom-right corner of the fly room. Just about the right size for a small staircase or a latrine.


Jokum: That was actually the armored shuttered window through which messenger birds were dispatched and received. It looks like it hasn't been opened in days.
I may have mis-described where it was located.


You have explored the entirety of the second floor now except for the locked door in the hallway you couldn't pick. The key you found here looks like it might fit.

When you try it, it turns easily and the lock clicked open.

The southern portion of this room holds a wide alabaster basin filled with bloody entrails. Blood and offal spatter the walls.
The outside of the basin is carved with images of warriors around a raised sun, holding longswords aloft.
A flight of stairs ascends to the west.
A band of crusaders stand around the basin, staring mournfully into it with their bellies open and gaping—they turn to attack immediately; their mouths agape, their eyes open and blank.


Round 1_____________

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Seeing the creatures advance Karthak moves inside the room slashing wildly with his waraxe!

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 -> Damage roll: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Karthak moves in and attacks zombie #01


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Oops, never mind then. That was probably my bad.

"These don't look like demons,"Jokum growls grimly as he steps into the door, takes a step to the side to open up maneuvering room, and snaps off a shot.

Move 10' down and 5' east, take a shot at #2.

Attack (PBS): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

2,401 to 2,450 of 2,775 << first < prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GM Striker] Wrath of the Righteous 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.