DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 1: The Worldwound Gambit (table 2) (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

Current Tactical Map: TACTICAL OVERVIEW
Map of Kenabres: Link
Flex Time Thread: LINK

Loot Tracking: Link


2,551 to 2,600 of 2,775 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>

Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

AC w/Shield Spell= AC 27 T 18 FF 17

Danua toss the crossbow at the fallen beast, watching it bounce off its hide as she curses. "Piece of RUBBISH! Death take you horned one." She spits on its corpse and turns to follow Karthak quickly, lest she get left behind again. With a few minutes left on her shield spell she was ready to take the fight head on. Her digigrade legs carried her forward as her claws scrapped the steps with her hopping and lunging steps.

Shield in effect for 2-3 more mins up to you DM as she casted it beginning of fight.

Cast Frostbite (4 uses before expended)

As she reaches the top of the stairs she casts a spell that causes her free hand to become covered in frost. Dripping water as she run and a shimmer of intense cold now surrounding her free hand she smiles wickedly. "I will free myself from this hell yet..."

She scans the room alongside the Dwarf, Karthak.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren cheers as the minotaur falls. He puts the wand of cure moderate wounds back into his robe pocket. He sees Danua cursing the crossbow and throwing it. He quickly moves down the stairs and picks up the crossbow. He runs back to Danua. "Here you go," he says as he hands it back to her. He then examines the area with Danua and Karthak.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

I don't know if my mage armor potion is still in effect. If it is, then my AC is still 19.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Lay on Hands: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Arthas grimaces as he closes his wounds a bit. He raises his sword and points to the top of the stairs.

"We shall free this entire city from Hell. Onwards my friends!"

The Paladin moves up the stairs ready for his next chance to smite evil.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum smiles grimly as the massive demon falls, but is already moving on up the stairs, ranseur stowed and bow out. "Danua, will you scout ahead again once this room is clear?"


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

"We've better prepare before moving on. Given the size of that last creature I think we are near our objective. Remember: whatever else we do we must try to save the wardstone. And failing that... we'll need to destroy it! Torag forgive me" says Karthak while casting a some spells to heal his own wounds and defend himself from evil before taking out the rod of cancellation from his backpack

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Karthak is back to full health and casts protection from evil on himself. He's got no lvl 1 spells left


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Just as a reminder, Karthak, I healed you for 13 points towards the end of the combat. I don't know if that changes anything in regards to your spells.


You see on the body of the feindish minotaur a large breastplate, a large greataxe, a number of ivory figurines on his belt of cruel and disturbing imagery, and a large horn (seems enchanted).


At the top of the spiral stairs, a wide hall stretches for thirty feet before ending in a door.
Two alcoves on both sides of the hall hold torches that burn with white light. Each torch illuminates a pedestal, on each of which rests a battered and broken steel helm.

Tactical Situation


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

"Voren, make a quick check to see if the bull has anything useful on it. We need all the help we can get."

"Anyone know what this place is?"

Arthas reaches out seeking to locate evil entities. He also peers ahead.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

"Alas! These brutish monstruosities defile even the most sacred of places. Onward my friends! Let's cleanse our fair city from their foul presence once and for all!" says Karthak moving towards the doors yet giving the steel horns a remorseful look.

Appraise check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Karthak tries to determine if the helmets have some historical significance


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum peers around warily. "Was this place sacred to your goddess?" he grumbles. "Tentak, stay close."

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren nods at Athas and rushes down the stairs. He turns over the monster's pockets. He mutters in Celestial, "Laissez-moi voir ce que la magie il y a." His eyes begin to glow a bright blue in color.

Casting Detect Magic.

Celestial:
"Let me see what magic there is."

Do I need to make Spellcraft checks right now?


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Seeing as everyone was searching the room Danua instead focused on the door's ahead of them. "Gladly." Is all she says to Jokum as she strides forward on her strange legs, her claws tapping the floor with each step as she appraoched the doorway.

Water dripped from her frost covered hand as she moved up to the door. Looking back to make sureno one objected to her opening it...


Arthas:
You detect the presence of Evil in general all around you.(Round 1)

Karthak:
You realize by the historical plates that these wrecked and defiled helms were worn by the first two paladins confirmed to have been slain in the first crusade. That means that this room is the Hall of the First Fatalities.

Voren:
No need to roll. After a minute or so you conclude that the magic horn is a Horn of Battle Clarity.

Danua:
Cautiously approaching the door, you realize that the door is locked (Disable Device DC 30)—you must pick the lock or break the door down to proceed (hardness 8, hp 60, break DC 25).


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

[spoiler=DM Camris - Does my key work for this door? She will try it just in case. ;D

Danua draws out her key and attempts use it to unlock the door![/spoiler]


Danua:
Your key does not work.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren picks up the horn and brings it to the others. He explains what the horn is and its powers. When he sees the helmets, he asks, "Who did these belong to? Where were they originally from? What's the story behind them?"


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

"These were the helms worn by the first crusaders killed in the first crusade" mumbles Karthak brandishing the rod of cancellation like a mace while a a danggerous glint shines in his eyes.

"This blasphemy must be undone, I will personally reforge them once the city is once again safe!"


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

"Easy waving that thing around," Jokum growls at Karthak, eyeing the rod uneasily. "So? Do we have any idea how to get through this damned great door?"

When Voren explains the horn, Jokum shrugs. "You might be best to keep that, lad. You've been the fastest on your feet of any of us."

Mechanically, Voren seems to have the highest initiative bonus, so he's probably the best to hang onto the horn...?


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Disable Device Checks - Equivalent of a Take 20 xD:

Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 = 21
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27
Disable Device +MW Tools bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12

Pulling out her well made lock pick tools Danua sheathes her black blade and starts to work away at the lock. Her growls of frustration growing as she continues to try and pick the well made lock...


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum watches Danua struggle with the lock, eyebrows raised. "Better for us to ram it open?"


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

She glances at Jokum's body before returning to what she was doing. "That would take too long..." She growls as the pick misses a gear and the lock unwinds again. "Dammit, what am I missing?!"But if you want to wear yourself out trying to knock it down then be my guest. There was a reason they choose this door."[/b][/smaller]


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

"Does anyone know how to aid her?" says Karthak looking impatient to face the next challange


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren thinks for a moment and pulls out the adamantine morningstar. "I could use this again."


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

"Maybe the best idea," Jokum grunts. "Or let one of us wield it."

I don't have any DD, sorry. And even without an adamantine weapon, it would only take us around 1 minute to batter the door down...just seems easier.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

or just roll aid another on those 29 disable device checks...


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

I always forget you can aid another untrained!

Disable Device (Aid Another): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Not that it's very useful...

"I still say we kick it down," Jokum growls.

Disable (AA) Take 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

"Yep. Kicking."


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Oh, we can? Well, I'll try my hand at it.

Voren watches as Danua tries to work on the lock. He tries to aid her.

Disable Device (Aid Another): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Voren groans as he's unable to help.

Disable Device (Aid Another) Take 2? (If I can): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

One does not simply break this door down (hardness 8, hp 60, break DC 25) though your adamantine mace most certainly could lol.
Two of you have Guidance. xD

Danua was on the verge of giving up at this point, having felt the lock slip out of her grasp a number of times she was realizing it was just beyond her skill...

If you guys decide to go for breaking it down then by all means just post it. Danua will step back albeit bregudingly but I don't want to hold it up anymore then I already have. I will go with whatever you guys decide. Didn't realize there was an Adaman Mace in the group xD!


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Guidance! That'd do it. :P


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren thinks for a moment and lays a hand on Danua's shoulder. He mutters under his breath. When he's finished, he gestures to Danua to try again.

Casting Guidance on Danua.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas looks back the way they had come.

"There is strong evil here, but we already knew that right? Look, give the picks one last chance Duana. If that doesn't work, Jokum, get the big key from Voren and go ape on that door until it comes down. They have to know we are here already anyway."


At this moment, the door abruptly is flung open, leaving you nose to nose with two dretches!
First a blast of Fear rolls over your party. You are panicked for 8 rounds unless you Will save DC15 to mitigate that to Shaken 1 round.
At the same time, the dretches attack!
Dretch 1 claw 1 vs Arthas: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 for a possible 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6.
Dretch 1 claw 2 vs Arthas: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 for a possible 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.
Dretch 1 bite vs Arthas: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 for a possible 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.
Dretch 2 claw 1 vs Danua: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 for a possible 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7.
Dretch 2 claw 2 vs Danua: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 for a possible 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6.
Dretch 2 bite vs Danua: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 for a possible 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4.


Rest of round 1_____________________

Players take their turn in order of posting.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Will DC 15, near Arthas: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 4 = 23

Everyone remember you get +4 to the save for being near Arthas!

Jokum is badly startled by the emergence of the foul creatures, but he grits his teeth and, with a bellow, draws his ranseur yet again, stabbing past Arthas's shoulder to hit the front rank.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 30
Damage: 2d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 5 + 2 = 14

Move action: draw ranseur. Standard: stab dretch number 1!


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Will save: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 4 = 32

Karthak grunts as the wave of fear washes over him but soon he steels himself and avances towards the first demon slashing at it!

Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 = 6

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 - 2 = 21 -> Damage roll: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

5 ft step diagonally on the map and attack dretch #1


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

I forgot to subtract the -2 for being shaken from my attack roll...but I probably still hit. :)


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Angry at being surprised by the reverse ambush, Arthas delivers a two handed power strike one one of the dretches before him.

"Through the breech my friends! To destiny! For wrath and righteousness! We are the claws of the great sliver martyr!"

wil Save: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 4 = 19 Also immune to fear if this is a fear affect
To Hit: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 2 = 18
damage: 1d10 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 6 = 19


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 4 = 25

Voren shrieks as the doors are busted and the dretches appear. He feels the wave of fear. But he shakes it off. He stares at the demon on the right and his eyes turn pitch black.

Standard Action: Use Evil Eye hex on monster 2. Targeting AC. -2 penalty for 6 rounds. Will Save DC 15 reduces this to 1 round.

At the same time, he racks his brain for more information.

Knowledge (the planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Will Save +4 for Arthas: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 4 = 23

Swift: Use Arcana point to give Mi Sutoresu +1 to Atk/Dmg
Free: Drop theives tools.
Attack w/Mi Sutoresu (Blackblade): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 = 26
Critical Confirm?: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20

Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Critical Damage in addition (if confirmed): 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9

In surprise she dropped her tools, however the surprise was replaced swiftly by pain as the Dretches claw tore into her. As its teeth sunk into her shoulder she gave an angry shout. "Wretched piece of FILTH!" Mi Sutoresu was in her hand and the dretch was knocked back as she slashed upward. Recklessly swinging as she hoped to injure the creature that had attacked her. As it salivated at her she growled back at it in an intimidating come and get me manner. "I can't wait to gut you MAGGOT!"


Rest of round 1_____________________

Jokum of the Breakbones_____
Jokum is badly startled by the emergence of the foul creatures, but he grits his teeth and, with a bellow, draws his ranseur yet again, stabbing past Arthas's shoulder to hit the front rank.
Jokum hit Dretch 1 hard, but it felt like the damage was blunted somehow. It’s still alive and kicking.

Karthak Ironbreaker_____
Karthak grunts as the wave of fear washes over him but soon he steels himself and advances towards the first demon slashing at it!
5 ft step diagonally on the map and attack dretch #1
Even attacking around a hard corner, Karthak’s waraxe managed to hit, it’s cold iron edge biting deep into the rancid flesh of the little demon.

Arthas Sword of Ragathiel_____
Angry at being surprised by the reverse ambush, Arthas delivers a two handed power strike one one of the dretches before him.
And Arthas used Radiance to obliterate the Dretch in front of him.
You all can kind of see a thin purple-black mist arise out of the body and flow back to the tiefling woman standing behind the Dretch line. She seems to breath it in with some satisfaction.

Voren the Outsider_____
Standard Action: Use Evil Eye hex on monster 2. Targeting AC. -2 penalty for 6 rounds. Will Save DC 15 reduces this to 1 round.
Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
At the same time, he racks his brain for more information.

Voren:
Dretches are resistant to all weapons unless Good aligned or Cold Iron, they’re immune to Poison and Electricity, resistant to all others but sonic. They have a limited ability to Cause Fear, Create a Stinking Cloud, or even have a chance to Summon another of its kind.

Danua_____
In surprise she dropped her tools, however the surprise was replaced swiftly by pain as the Dretches claw tore into her. As its teeth sunk into her shoulder she gave an angry shout.
Mi Sutoresu was in her hand and the dretch was knocked back as she slashed upward. Recklessly swinging as she hoped to injure the creature that had attacked her.
And Danua’s Black Blade nearly cuts the little demon in half, but it resisted part of the damage.

Round 2 Start_________________

Dretch 2 Claw attack 1 vs Danua: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 for a possible 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage.
Dretch 2 Claw attack 2 vs Danua: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 for a possible 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 damage.
Dretch 2 Bite attack vs Danua: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 for a possible 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage.

Dretch 3 leapt into the gap left by the death of Dretch 1 and full attacked Arthas.
Dretch 3 Claw attack 1 vs Arthas: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 for a possible 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 damage.
Dretch 3 Claw attack 2 vs Arthas: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 for a possible 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage.
Dretch 3 Bite attack vs Arthas: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 for a possible 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 damage.

Dretch 4 grinned, waived its arms and shouted out.

Spellcraft DC13:
It cast Stinking Cloud.

A cloud of thin yellowish vapors blows up around you all. The noxious smell makes you choke and gag. Fort save DC13 or you gain the Nauseated status. This is a Poison effect.

Jeslyn (“Assistant Deputy Acolyte Jeslyn”. It’s on her nametag.)
Jeslyn waved her hands and spoke chilling words of power.

Spellcraft DC10:
She cast a Necromantic Spell.

Spellcraft DC15:
She cast Animate Dead.

Tentak squeaked in fright and scuttled to one side.
Behind you came a heavy tread as the dead body of that fiendish Minotaur stood up and stomped up to the top of the stairs. It turned its dead eyes in your direction as Jeslyn cackled with evil glee.

DM only:

Dretch2: 4
Dretch3: 18
Dretch4: 18
Jeslyn: 111
Zombie Derandau: 85


Rest of round 2 ____________________

Players take their turn in order of posting.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak raises his axe again straiking at the next upcoming dretch...

Attack roll: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24 -> Damage roll: 1d10 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 3 = 12

Activated Judgement of destruction as a swift action and attack on dretch 03

Edit

Fortitude save roll: 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 = 16


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Fort DC 13: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Oh for the love of crap...

Spellcraft DC 13: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Jokum doesn't know exactly what this cloud is, but he gasps and staggers as he breathes it in. "Arthas...big undead...behind us..." he gasps.

Ready an action: if Arthas moves to engage the undead, Jokum will step up to engage the dretch and hold the line.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Voren easily shakes off the smell but coughs. He yells out, "Dretches! Use good aligned or cold iron weapons! They can cause fear, create stinking clouds, and summon more dretches!"

Spellcraft DC 13: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

The cloud's smell makes him reel, temporarily forgetting the spell it just cast. He looks at Jeslyn as she casts her magic.

Spellcraft vs Jeslyn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Voren's eyes widen as he easily recognizes it. "She just cast animate dead! She's bringing something back!" That's when he hears the thudding footsteps. He looks behind and sees the minotaur on its feet. "She brought back the minotaur!" He turns back to Jeslyn and glares at her, his eyes turning pitch black.

Standard Action: Use Evil Eye hex on Jeslyn. Targeting Saving Throws. -2 penalty for 6 rounds. Will Save DC 15 reduces this to 1 round.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Arthas hazards a glance rearward.

"You have got to be kidding me---oh for the love of!"

Angered he points Radiance at the caster.

"I call down HIS anger upon you, for it is righteous and terrible as it is just."

Smite Evil (2/day) (Su) +2 to hit, +4 to damage, +2 deflection bonus to AC when used.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Fort?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Danua bites a curse as she is bitten again and soon after she is biting back bile as the dretches summon up hellish fart gas to annoy her. "Cowar-! Hurp" She covers her mouth and holds the line hoping the undead stomping up behind them wouldn't get a swing in...


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

If you are waiting on me Danua can't do much else really lol. But hold her ground and try not to gag.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Yeah, being nauseated suuuuuucks. This happened to us downstairs, right before you joined us I think, too.

I believe we've all gone; just waiting on Camris.


Pld7/Grd1 LG, Init +3; HP 108/108 AC 23, t 13, ff 21, Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +8 +2 on saves against insanity or confusion.hard to kill; Immune disease, fear, Senses +6, SM +8 Aura courage (10 ft.)

Part of my post was eaten

"Forward my friends! To our goal!"

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Crap!

Arthas quickly heals himself after the surprisingly deadly attack upon him by the dretches.

Lay on hands: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

2,551 to 2,600 of 2,775 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GM Striker] Wrath of the Righteous 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.