All's Well that Ends in a Well

Game Master Choon


301 to 350 of 3,155 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

RA T1 | WotR

Nothing happens to either goat. You go left.

Three broken arrows stick out of the wall in the entryway and a smashed wooden door lies at the entrance of the room. Two human-sized skeletons are here—one is headless and both show signs of extreme corrosion, as if by acid. Everything in the room is smashed and corroded except for a small desk in the north east corner. The room itself has walls of rough stone.
The top drawer of the desk contains six vials: three are full of embalming fluid (DC 15 Intelligence or Heal or DC 10 Craft [alchemy]
to identify; Type ingested; save Fort DC 17; frequency 1/rd. for 6 rds.;
effect 1d4 Con; cure 2 saves)
, 4 and 5 are empty and 6 is a bottle of holy water with a wax seal.
There is a secret door that's open a crack in the north wall. Whatever lies beyond smells horrible even beyond the stench you are already enduring.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi responds to Dalkk in Orc.

Orc:
I'll try to remember that in future."

"Vhat is that stench?" Vuzi already ill from the smell almost gags.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

+++ Flashback +++
A playful smile appears at Simon's face and with a quick jump and a backflip he crosses the trap with ease.
He cowers low on the other side and checks the mechanism before returning in the same way.
"Maglin, Dulkk. Business as usual-purrr.
Mechanical-only trap. Nothing to worry about-meow.
Just lend me a couple of your hands and we can stop it from working in a few seconds!"

+++ now +++
Simon takes a careful sniff at the bottles Heal +9: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28.
"Uargh! If you want to live, I would not drink this-frchh.
It's poisonous!
...
And what's in the back ...
Frchrchrrr!
Hell must brake loose, before I take another step in that direction!
Uarghh, that smell....
It's too much-frchhh!"

He takes a step back, and calls forth water out of thin air to fall into his folded hands.
With a loud - and somewhat disgusting - sound, he half-ingales some of the water through his nose and sprouts it back out again immediately.
He just cleaned his nose!


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Takes the embalming fluid and holy water, freely offering it should anyone else prefer it. ”this be deadly if you can actually get someone to drink it. If no one has plan too, each vial should sell about as well as ta horse. It nae be easy to make. I'm sure we're all thinking it,
but we've seen unmoving skeletons, acid, and tools for the dead. I suggest we prepare accordingly, especially fer ta front line”


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Vatever is on de other side of that door is very dead." Vuzi waves her hand in front of her face trying to move the smell away.


RA T1 | WotR

Do you proceed to open it?


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

I vote yes open it, but I'n don't go in front.


RA T1 | WotR

The smell of waste is overpowering in this fair sized chamber. Three holes in the ground are regularly spaced in a line along one side of this room. They are latrines, as is obvious from the smell. One of them has a toilet seat of white stone, which appears to be very clean, installed over the hole.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"A latrine? Behind a secret door? I guess they didn't want anyone to find it."


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

"that..... doesn't make any g$# d*!ned sense"


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Scratches his beard "Dee mus' be more to't then that. Ta go through ya trouble ya hide it. Dat clean one mus' be new?"

well... It is stonework
gross perception+stone work+heroism: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 29


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon (and Emily for that matter) watches the disgusting ... investigation of a toilet seat from the other side of the room.
He has sheeted the kukris and prepared his bow with an arrow on the sinew.
According to the smell, some kind of dropping-monster will surely appear in a few moments, angry as hell that someone touched 'his' altar or something.


RA T1 | WotR

1d20 ⇒ 9
The toilet is a toilet. Or that what you believe until you touch it. Thankfully you were wearing gloves because as soon as your hand brushes the toilet it sicks fast! DC 20 Str check to pry the glove free.

Craft:alch DC 20:
strong alcohol or universal solvent would dissolve the aggressive as well

The toilet slowly dissolves and turns into a horrifying monstrosity and disgusting bubbling mass of vile feces and gurgling fluids!
In spite of its dramatic appearance, it doesn't lunge at any of you. It seems content to slowly devour Dalkk's unfortunate glove...


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

AS the 'toilet' transforms, Simon looses the prepared arrow out of reflex, before he can asses the situation fully - probably waisting an arrow doing so ...
Arrow-Time: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 4 = 10


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Craft (Alchemy): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Maglin's rabbit has reappeared, front paws flailing wildly for a second before finding a place on his chest. Maglin himself draws his crossbow and aims carefully so as not to hit Dalkk, but doesn't shoot. Cut off your glove, he says after a brief moment, sounding extremely calm. It seems that whenever he isn't in immediate danger to himself Maglin is able to maintain a good amount of composure. He draws a dagger and stretches out one arm to give it to Dalkk, still holding the crossbow in the other, though with his finger off the trigger.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Marco readies to launch his bones at range at the mimic toilet


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Vuzi has no intention of sacrificing her long spear. She pulls out her sling, and fires a bullet at the thing. "That's disgusting. Sacrifice you glove Dalkk."

Sling: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

f$*@ sorry for the delay

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
alch: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

The time spent in goblin caverns seems to have prepared him for this place. He honestly hasn't seen what the big deal is about the smell. In the caverns the goblins often just did their business in the corner. Here at least they have a HolyHellThatIsNotAToilet! Dalkk tries to jump back but is stuck to green creature "I cannae! It won le' me go!" Dalkk curses himself for not having any himself but tries for the elf "Magsy! Solvent! Alcohol! Ye sorry lot either kill it or pull me free!"

DC 10 str check would give me a +2 per person

The dwarf grabs a few vials off his bandolier and manipulates them into a precise bomb, making sure to negate his own space from the explosion as he drops/throws the vial onto the creature.

Tanglefoot Spore Bomb: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
dmg: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8 fire dmg, I assume immune to sickening and entanglement, if not I'll look up DC for you


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Will arows or cuts work better? Maglin is talking extremely quickly, but the words don't sound completely rushed.

He then responds accordingly with violence directed at the bubbling toilet.

Light Violence:

Crossbow?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Or Dagger?: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Can you take off your glove? Then we haf room to figure out vat this iz."

-Posted with Wayfinder


RA T1 | WotR

Map updated

The blob of feces and vile other stuff you don't dare identify just absorbs your attacks. The arrows and stones just become a part of the mass and slowly start to smoke as they dissolve. It lurches it's way toward the exit and Emily, dragging poor Dalkk over the latrine pits along the way. His stuck hand prevents him from falling in, but being stuck to this abomination isn't exactly better.

Your turns!


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

"Grab him!" Simon shouts, then takes a jump 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 that carries him through half the room where he lands just beside the carried dwarf. He grabs him by his shoulders, using his feet against the ground to stop the companion from getting carried away.
Strength aid another: 1d20 ⇒ 18 I will so have to suffer in the next fight for two 18's in a row...


Black Pantheress | Status: Shield Companion, AF: Bull&Tiger | AC:26|15|21, HP:72/72, CMD: 33(Grab:37), Saves (F|R|W): 10+1|12+1|6+1(+4 vs. Enchantment), Perception: +10(14), Initiative +5, Skirmish-Tricks: 6/6

Emily quickly follows the order of he master and bites into the sturdy belt of the dwarv and pulls with her full body. Simon will spend a quick action to switch her animal focus to Bull: +2 Strength
Strength aid another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Str, one more time. 2 Aid Another: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 24

With the help of friendly furred felines Dalkk bursts free on the unmentionable mess that he will soon mention. "Thank ye both, t'at I was a gonner fer sure." He shakes his hand hoping to shake the mess off. He takes a 5-foot step back and readies his crossbow. "Magsy y'know what dis is yet? I've head of creatures in disguise before, but nuffin' like this."

Aid Another for Maglin Knowledge, either Arcane or Nature: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23

Just Realized that with Heroism it automatically is a 10


RA T1 | WotR

Once Dalkk is free you find that it's an easy thing to stay away from the dung monster. Your attacks seem to be having little effect though. It just seems to eat your ammunition.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"I cannot study it. I know nuthing about alchemy. Should we just leave it here, and close the door?" She stays well away from the dung pile.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Take ten on knowledge for a result of 24 and 26 if it's arcane or nature.

It seems fairly slow, I suggest we do exactly that. Perhaps we can get a look down the holes safely? Maglin stays well clear of the bubbling monstrosity, but also tries to keep at least one person between himself and the door. His rabbit seems to have disappeared for the present.

I suspect that it likes to hide in this particular spot, and will not move after we leave. No need to worry about it sneaking up on us in our sleep, and we'll keep a watch anyway.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

There was a know arcana at the beginning when Dalkk was grabbed.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

that was craft alchemy, I scored it, but the information was per destruction only for items I don't have on me, and no one had Thunderbird lol. A different knowledge check might reveal other weaknesses. I agree about leaving this place, but I thought it blocked us in on it's last move action


RA T1 | WotR

The party leaves the horror behind and makes it's way down the hall in the opposite direction. Those who can find themselves Prestidigitaion-ing themselves and everyone around them clean on reflex.

The tunnel is lengthy and you loose sight of the intersection behind you in the gloom. You suddenly come upon a hidden door in the wall. It's well hidden, but not so well that you all don't notice. Dalkk notices especially quickly as the stone just looks "wrong".


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi stands back in line, and tries to study the door that Dalkk points it out. She can't see the door even when he points to it. Lot's ov hidden doors in dis place. I vunder if it iz another toilet." She casts Detect Magic in the direction Dalkk points.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


RA T1 | WotR

Nothing pings.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Takes a listen at the door. He doesn't expect to hear much through the stone but tries anyway while Simon readies his tools.

perception+heroism: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

+++ Back in the room +++
Aw Dalkl finally is able to free himself and thanks Simon and Emily for their help, both felines start to purr in a common rhythm - obviously pleased with themselves for being able to help out.

+++ now +++
Simon needs some time to check out the secret door for a spot to start his work.
"I didn't expect to get that much work for my tools down here-meow.
Feels like every room has something hidden, waiting for us to discover and overcome-purrr!"

Despite the low light, you can clearly see that enthusiasm and joy in his eyes as he says that. He enjoys himself greatly it seems.

Open it!: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
In that very moment, one of his tools get stuck at the hidden mechanism of the door and a hiss and then a chuckle escape him.
"That's what you get for talking while working-grch.
I will need some time for this..."

Before continuing his work, he takes out a piece of dried meat and throws it over to Emily. For himself, he produces a smoked fish on stick.
After eating up, he nods and takes up his tools again, starting to dislodge his still stuck tool first, before continuing on his search for the opening mechanism.
Take 10 for 26 (with blessing), without possible aid another actions


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

How's it feel? Multiple pins and other preventive measures? I can hold the rake if you like. Maglin offers his helping hands.

Auto succeed aid another.


RA T1 | WotR

After he stops talking while trying to work, Simon and Maglin succeed in springing the door. Dalkk headed nothing in side, so they work without fear. The door pops open with a tiny puff as the pressure between the two rooms equalizes.

Inside, a hunched figure in rotted robes stands in the corner shielding his eyes from the light. He stumbles forward. Thank you! Oh Thank You! Finally! I've been down here for AGES!
Just brie he comes within arms reach the light finally illuminates his features. They are partially rotten and dried! GHAST!

Spoiler:

init, monster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Dakk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Simon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Vuzi: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Maglin: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Cain: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Everyone goes before the monster. Party up!


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"I ham glad ve haf been able to help. Allow me to gif you some assistance." She channels Command Undead on the ghast.

DC 17 Will save.


RA T1 | WotR

1d20 ⇒ 18

Oh no! You have already helped me so much!


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

While Vuzi conversates with the undead Dalkk attempts to go unnoticed applying holy weapon balm (bonus 2d4 damage to undead, DC 10 ref save or another 1d4 the following round) to his current load of 5 bolts, and continues wandering through the group. He uses the remainder of the balm on the only people he has seen with crossbows, coating 2 of Maglins bolts and 3 of simons, including of course the loaded bolts and warns them to not get touched.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20

I'm assuming applying balm and walking around to do so to others uses all my actions


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon is surprised and disghusted by find such a rotten undead mere steps away
after finally opening the secret door.
As the creature starts to talk, he seems to wonder, clearly not expecting the
undead to talk to them in such a matter. Seeing Dalkk walk through the group and
giving out holy balm in case things are devolving, he tries to keep the undead
talking - and probing for a possible peaceful solution of this unexpected encounter.
"Can you rest ... now that we have freed you ... Sir?
You should leave this world and go on to the afterlive for the long rest-rhrrhr.
Rest in piece-eowiii...?"

Simultaneously his stance becomes more ready, and you may notice his fur-color
getting those darker stripes again, his hands near his weapons but not drawing
them yet - readying a quick dodge out-of-harms way should the undead come any closer.
Activating AF: +2 Dex and going full defense for this round, for a total
ac of 24|20|18


Black Pantheress | Status: Shield Companion, AF: Bull&Tiger | AC:26|15|21, HP:72/72, CMD: 33(Grab:37), Saves (F|R|W): 10+1|12+1|6+1(+4 vs. Enchantment), Perception: +10(14), Initiative +5, Skirmish-Tricks: 6/6

Emily jumps to her feet in a fluid motion - having rested near Simons feet during his working - as the door opens.
Smelling the hideous scent of the creature she backpedals a few steps,
not willing to stay near the creature with such a smell.
She would come to Simons side if a fight breaks loose, but for now
she just wants to be as far away from the creature as possible.
AF switch to +2Dex as well.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Yes, easy to rest in peace, easier than resting in pieces. Maglin keeps his crossbow ready, one hand going to his spell component pouch.

Readied action: cast web if the ghast acts hostile, attempting to exclude Cain by casting it at the far southern end of the room.


RA T1 | WotR

I'd like to know what Cain does before I move on as he's in front.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"How did ve help yu? Vy are vu in this room alone? Do you haf a name?" Vuzi asks trying to keep his attention.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Cain gets into a defensive posture "wait, are we not going to kill the zombie?"
total defense action to bring my AC up to 30 for this turn


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Free Action?

Dalkk face palms hard. He intentionally kept his mouth shut because he knows how much trouble it can cause, but at least he recognizes it. Of course, he did have the same question himself, hence the holy balm.


RA T1 | WotR

He stumbles toward you and the power of his stench is overwhelming, but in a different way than the stench of the dung monster. This stench seems to seep into your gut and upset you on an instinctual level.

everyone makes a DC 15 for save or:

be sickened for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 minutes

He lurches toward Vuzi and looks like he's about to hug her in near hysterical relief.
1d20 ⇒ 2
But his arms close over empty space as she deftly slips out of the way.
I have been trapped here for AGES! My party found a disgusting monster down the hall and we ran, but it chased us! I hid in here only to find another monster waiting for me. I just managed to kill it, but the door closed behind me and there is no way to open it from this side! Oh thank you! Thank you!


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Fort Save+Heroism: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24
Sense Motive+Heroism: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 = 14

Dalkk takes a moment to absorb the impressive stench and then turns his focus to the Ghast's intentions. Friend or foe? Is this deceit or does he truly not know what he is?


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Familiar Fort Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Maglin retches slightly as the creature draws closer, covering it with a series of coughs. The disgusting monster didn't chase us, did it? He asks, doubled over and limply gazing at the floor. He looks up at Vuzi for a moment, blinking and trying to see if she has the situation under control.

Delay til after Vuzi acts again.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Despite watering eyes, Simon endures the incredible stank, raising an arm to cover his sensible nose from the worst of it.
Good-hearted, naive catling incoming:
"Poor man-purrr.
You're story saddens me-oeuwi.
But won't you lay down and rest, now that you're free, instead of spreading the curse of those monsters-chrrr?
You're ill, Sir and need healing or you will succumb to those monsters in the end after all you've gone through!"

301 to 350 of 3,155 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Choon presents All's Well that Ends in a Well: A Rappan Athuk Deathtrap All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.