All's Well that Ends in a Well

Game Master Choon


351 to 400 of 3,161 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

RA T1 | WotR

The man seems to believe what he is saying, he also seems to not be fully in control of his actions.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Ve are happy to help vu. I had a spell that may help you feel better. Please do not fight it." She casts command undead on the ghastly ghast again. DC 18 Will Save Diplomacy : 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

-Posted with Wayfinder


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Orcish:
we're ready, just say when


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Orchish:
If this doesn't work, go.


RA T1 | WotR

1d20 ⇒ 7
I just read that this spell can't be retried, but I'll let that slide as this is the first use.

The man freezes and takes a step back from Vuzi. How are you doing that? He asks in sudden suspicion.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"I am blessed by the gods. How are you feeling, better? What is your name? Were you planning to harm us?" Vuzi ask the ghast.


RA T1 | WotR

I was planning to eat you. But I'm suddenly not feeling as hungry. You are blessed indeed.
My name is Thulian Vance. I think. It's been a while...
He looks thoroughly disoriented, like someone startled awake while sleep walking.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Nice to meet vu Mr. Vance. Would you like to go vith us or stay here? We are going further into the dungeon. Vu would be expected to help us if you come along."

Orcish:
He is under control for a day. Then he might decide to fight the control and try to eat us again tomorrow.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Interesting, I've read about this and have seen things somewhat like it, but always with different fundamental characteristics.

Let's all go together, Thulian can probably lead the way better than Simon, can't you?


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Dalkk spends his time over the next short while to explain discreetly to the other party members that the control is temporary. He teaches the rest of the party the Orc word for "go" (or any other simple mono syllable word) that when spoken by Vuzi indicates to attack at once.


RA T1 | WotR

Anything to get out of here! He cries.


RA T1 | WotR

In a small chest are 200 cp, 600 gold-covered lead coins. In a secret compartment in the lid of the chest (DC 20 Perception) is a scroll of three arcane spells: jump, stinking cloud, and ventriloquism (CL 4th).

The party makes their way down the tunnel with their newest addition leading the way.
4d10 + 2d10 + 1d100 + 1d20 ⇒ (7, 10, 2, 2) + (5, 3) + (86) + (20) = 135
Youall don't know it, but you're a pretty lucky bunch.

The passage opens into a huge cavern. Rats are EVERYWHERE! A shrill female voice is heard from inside the cavern, crying for help! The far southern section of the room beyond the river is scorched, as if a
fireball spell had previously been cast here. Rubble blocks a passage to your right, but the rats are your main concern. They look hungry...

init:

init, monsters: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Dakk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Simon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Vuzi: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Maglin: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22
Cain: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Everyone except Vuzi is up! Map updated!


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Who is keeping track of the loots?


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

+++ earlier +++
Simon nods at Dalkk and Vuzi, although he does seem to be worried and troubled.
He turns on their new 'ally':
"How was ... Is your name, Sir-iii?
And from where do you come from-iii?"

Maybe he has got some family that would want some answers ... Poor, unlucky man...

+++ rats-nest +++
"Rats! Again-frchhh!"
With a quick toss, Simon drowns one of the elixiers that the groups alchemists have so thoughtfully created beforehand. pop shield
As part of the same motion he draws both his weapons and takes on his fighting stance.
AF: Tiger +2 Dex. Total AC=24


RA T1 | WotR

+++earlier+++
As I said, my name is Thulian Vance. I am a trader and merchant of the Shackles so I don't really have a home, but if I had to choose a port to call home it'd have to be Port Peril.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

+++ earlier +++
"Nice to meet you, Thulian, my name is Simon Blue-Eye-purrpurr.
What had you brought down here, if you were a merchant-iii?
Why were you risking your life-iii?"

Haha sorry to ask that villain-undead-npc questions you never expected to have to answer Choon ^^
It's just fitting for Simon and his curiosity.
I always have to imagine the same situation with a group containing a paladin, a good cleric, a inquisitor and an undead-hunting slayer or something ...^^


RA T1 | WotR

+++earlier+++
This dungeon system is a regular haunt of adventuring types. I had intended to set up a trading and resupply post a little deeper in with the help of some guards I hired. It obviously went poorly.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Maglin hurries forward, drawing out a bomb and letting it fly at a section of rats. Make way so Dalkk can move forward, it's rather hard to see from back there.

Attack, 2nd range increment: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22

6 points of splash damage. DC 16 ref save for half. Square marked with black x.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

++++Earlier+++

"It vas a good plan. Lot's of profit down here if vu can get a foothold."


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Apologies, work again

Dalkk mixes his compounds together to form a rapidly bubbling mixture of good and spores. When he looks back up and discovers more room is made. He rushes the few available steps forward. He claps his hand down on Vuzi's shoulder and uses it to help him jump up, tossing the vial over the heads of his party, lobbing it forward aiming between the two dire rats, taking them to be the bigger targets.

Even with added, only a crit fail will matter: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Entangle for x Rounds if DC fails: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
Red Square is Target Range against AC 5 Floor in center
Fire, 6 Splash Fire Damage
DC 16 Ref for 1/2 DMG, if Failed then Creatures are Entangled 2d4 Rounds.
DC 16 Fort Save. If failed all receive Minor Sickening (Sickend with a -1 instead of -2) for 4 Rounds


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Even with added range*


RA T1 | WotR

Cain?


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

sorry, on vacation and my phone died
to hit+charge: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Cain rushes forward to stab the largest rat he can find


RA T1 | WotR

Yellow [Bracket] = Wounded, one shot kill

they see me rollin':

4d20 ⇒ (11, 8, 13, 15) = 47
3d20 ⇒ (8, 2, 12) = 22
1d20 ⇒ 2
9d20 ⇒ (16, 11, 7, 6, 9, 11, 15, 20, 8) = 103
1d4 ⇒ 4

Dead rats removed because of clutter

Some of the rats are burned away by the bombs. One is slaughtered by Cain, and the ones near you descend. The others hang back a bit while the mass near the back of the cave swarms over the area where you heard the lady's voice. Your new undead friend takes a couple bites but they don't seem to bother him much. Cain takes a nasty bite from a dire rat as well (take 4 before DR) while the others scratch and bite to no effect against his disciplined defense.

Party up!


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Cain grunts at the rat fangs that glance off the bone armor, lightly scraping him before retaliating with a slash at the largest rat nearby, trying to fight with his guard up, given the fact that he was surrounded
to hit+fighting defensively: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 AC is now 26


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi pulls out her wand of Bless and uses it.

+1 Attack and +1 to Fear. I've got nothing for AOE attacks.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Dalk, burn away those closeby, I'm aiming for the far group, Maglin mixes his next bomb while he speaks, taking a few steps forward and launching it far across the cavern.

Attack floor: 1d20 + 5 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 8 + 1 = 15

If I calculate correctly Maglin is 95' from the target square and thus takes four range increment penalties for a total of -8. 6 points fire damage, DC 16 ref save for half, black x on target square.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon takes a quick step forward to get into melee with the rat swarm with obvious disgust written on his face - also he is hissing loudly which 'may' give away the fact as well.
A quick swing at the closest rat- which looks quite toasted already ....
TWF mwk Kukri (flanking with Cain): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 15
Damage+Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (1) = 5
IIRC that should be a hit? Rats typically have ac 14?
As the rat's head comes off, Simon quickly calls for Emily to get to his side, which the black feline follows with gusto, taking up the place of the dead rat after squeezing through between Simon and the undead-smelly-fellow.
Feeling the reassuring presence of his companion at his side, Simon strikes again, this time at the bigger rat in front of him...
TWF mwk Kukri (flanking with Emily): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 + 4 = 28
Damage+Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (6) + 1 = 11
... landing a lethal blow at the surprised vermin!
I don't know if this works out as I think, though.
I would 5ft step with simon and kill the small rat.
Then move into that space with Emily.
Then take my second attack from twf with Simon against the dire rat.
Then attack with Emily.
I would hit regardless but I would miss that yummy-jummy sneak attack damage...
Ahh, and I moved the killed rat away, since I cannot delete it ^^


Black Pantheress | Status: Shield Companion, AF: Bull&Tiger | AC:26|15|21, HP:72/72, CMD: 33(Grab:37), Saves (F|R|W): 10+1|12+1|6+1(+4 vs. Enchantment), Perception: +10(14), Initiative +5, Skirmish-Tricks: 6/6

After following Simon's call, Emily joins the fray, securing Marco's left flank and tries a quick bite against the giant rat at her side.
Bite, Pack-Flanking: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 + 4 = 30
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

"Sounds good to me Mags!"

Dalkk moves up squeezing past Vuzi and feeling a little claustrophobic. He looks uncomfortably at their ghoulish compatriot wondering whether or not him fighting is a good thing or not and the consequences of ghoulish rodents. He has no idea if the Orc's puppet will listen to him but he tries all the same "Protect the man behind you." Hopefully the Ghoul can continue to be a wall at the very least. Perhaps using defensive combat and a readied action to interfere with the rat on Maglin's corner should the rat attack Maglin?

After his mix is complete he starts to aim at the dire rat at the angle, but sighs, Cain Marko-Cain has that in the bag. He throws the chemical explosive at the bone warriors feet, careful to make sure the explosion excludes the ghoul, Emily, and Cain.

Attack bonus for bomb is in double digits, so just avoiding a Crit Fail
AC5 Ground at Marko's Feet: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Entangle for x Rounds if DC fails: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
Purple Square is Target Range against AC 5 Floor in center
Fire, 6 Splash Fire Damage
DC 16 Ref for 1/2 DMG, if Failed then Creatures are Entangled 2d4 Rounds.
DC 16 Fort Save. If failed all receive Minor Sickening (Sickend with a -1 instead of -2) for 4 Rounds


RA T1 | WotR

and the dice fall:

12d20 ⇒ (9, 20, 16, 3, 11, 16, 7, 7, 13, 14, 6, 5) = 127
3d20 ⇒ (18, 11, 4) = 33
7d20 ⇒ (11, 3, 13, 1, 6, 16, 19) = 69
1d20 + 1d3 ⇒ (16) + (2) = 18

The combination of a strong bomb and smart targeting by the front line does this batch of rats in. Unfortunately, wave two rushes in on their heels. Emily takes a minor bite (for 3 damage), but Simon and Cain do an excellent job of holding the line.

At the back of the cave Maglin's bomb clears a hole and a feminine figure in a tattered cloak disappears into one of the far tunnels with singed rats on her heels.
A moment later there is a flash of flame.

I can't edit the map this instant, but will soon. Party is up. Far group is out of play. The rats that were standing away have charged you.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

are both adjacent dire rats down?


RA T1 | WotR

Map updated


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi sends a splash of acid at the rat in front of Simon. "Vere did she go?" I wonder where the woman went. Didn't she want to stay and say hello?"

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18
Acid: 1d3 ⇒ 1
I'll let you figure the penalties GM. No PBS or Precise Shot.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Cale again goes for the largest remaining rat within reach, going for an overhead chop with his blade while keeping his shield up as best he can
to hit+fighting defensively+bless: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

We are adventurers who hail from the land of the sun! Maglin cries, hoping his voice carries across the cavern. He then raises his crossbow and shoots at a nearby rat, not sure if he's doing any good or not. One hand goes automatically to his ammunition pouch, as though he's done this hundreds of times before, though from the way he shakes you can tell that's probably not the case.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 I think it's got cover and there's an additional -4 for shooting into melee.

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Can't type much this moment, but dont want to hold up game, same attack as before but without minor sickening

1d20 ⇒ 15
2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
Fire, 6 Splash Fire Damage
DC 16 Ref for 1/2 DMG, if Failed then Creatures are Entangled 2d4 Rounds.


RA T1 | WotR

5d20 ⇒ (13, 2, 13, 17, 17) = 62
The party doesn't quite cut through these as quickly as the previous batch, but several are still down in short order.

Simon and Emily to act.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

"Emily, take the big one out! I'll keep you safe from the small vermin-frchhh!"
Taking up the spot Emily left a moment ago, he starts to slash at the remaining rats at the left flank of the group.
TWF, Flanking, Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 4 + 1 = 20
TWF, Flanking, Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 4 + 1 = 29
mwk Kukri, Sneak-Attack: 1d4 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + (4) + 1 = 7
mwk Kukri, Sneak-Attack: 1d4 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + (5) + 1 = 8
Both strikes finding their mark, chopping both small rats down with ease.


Black Pantheress | Status: Shield Companion, AF: Bull&Tiger | AC:26|15|21, HP:72/72, CMD: 33(Grab:37), Saves (F|R|W): 10+1|12+1|6+1(+4 vs. Enchantment), Perception: +10(14), Initiative +5, Skirmish-Tricks: 6/6

With a roar, Emily crosses the short distance to the badly hurt dire rat, biting and clawing at it with all the hate the two species share for each other.
Bite, Flanking, Blessing: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 4 + 1 = 33
Confirm?: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 4 + 1 = 15Probably not?
Bite Dmg: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw, Flanking, Blessing: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 4 + 1 = 23
Claw Dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Claw, Flanking, Blessing: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 4 + 1 = 22
Claw Dmg: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Rake Damage from 2 successful claw hits!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


RA T1 | WotR

Simon and Emily tear the last of the rats to bits. Sounds of scuffling and another scream echo from the tunnel the woman fled into.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Cain curses under his breath as he runs towards the noises "damn it this is probably a trap!" despite his words he still goes forward


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

If it's a trap we'll probably have to deal with whoever set it eventually, but if not we could do some good. Be sure not to get separated or into a poor tactical position. Maglin hurries after Cain, keeping close.


RA T1 | WotR

That empty space going through the middle of the map is following water. It's deep and fast, but not powerful enough to sweep you away. It requires a full round action to cross.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Looks along the river and sees that at its most narrow it seems to be roughly 5ft across. He attempts to leap across it.

Currently +10 Acrobatics. If I can take 10 then I can jump 20ft. Only chance of failure for 5ft is no running start, a slippery floor, and a roll of 1

While waiting for the rest of the group he looks up and down the river and around the cavern.

Trying to reveal the edges of this room on the map and up/down river

Perception+heroism: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 = 28


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi follows after the others. She jumps over the river, and keeps moving. "Iz this a good idea?"

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Shrugs his shoulders and doesn't turn his head while responding. "I doubt many would say coming here at all is a good idea, but our I'm less likely to die alone I think. Besides, I dont see many other paths to take."

He snickers.

Orcish:
In the worst case, we show up to late and you get another recruit.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

"I have a bad feeling about this..." anyone?^^
With an expression of grim satisfaction, Simon wipes his blades clean on the fur
of one of the (now very) dead rats. Then he follows the others with an graceful
jump over the subterrain river autosuccess to take the scout
position once again, Emily hard on his heels.
"Now, let's save the girl-in-need, will we?", he calls to the party with
an expression of joy and apprehension clearly written on his face.
Nevertheless he is careful enough to approach the last steps to the tunnel
entry silently and takes a careful look around the edge, trying to see without
beeing seen also sniffing the air, moar rats nearby?


RA T1 | WotR

You approach the cave into which the lady fled to find her barely staving off over a dozen dire rats! She won't last long in there. The rats sense your arrival and turn almost as one to face you!

Party up! Map updated with your positions and a stupid number of rats. You have only a few turns to rescue the lady before she is overwhelmed.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Marco shoots two bone spikes at the two rats closest to the wounded woman, growling as he charges forward
20 bone spikes remaining for the day

351 to 400 of 3,161 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Choon presents All's Well that Ends in a Well: A Rappan Athuk Deathtrap All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.