All's Well that Ends in a Well

Game Master Choon


401 to 450 of 3,161 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi moves up to where she can see into the room. "So many rats." She casts Bane on the rats. "There harder to hit uz."

Bane -1 Attack Rolls and -1 to save against fear. DC16 Save.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Dalkk's eyes light up and laughter erupts from his chest, "Are ye t'inking o' da flames Magsy!?" the normally stoic and dry dwarf is clearly excited at the sight of such a large clumping of enemies. He chucks a bomb hard as he can to the center of the the rats nest.

Attack vs Dire Rat **TOUCH AC**+Mutagen+Heroism+Point Blank Shot-Range: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 17
Fire Damage to Dire Rat if Hit+Point Blank Shot+Heroism: 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 + 1 = 14
Entangle for x Rounds if DC fails: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4


Purple Square is Target Range against Rat in center
Fire, 6 Splash Fire Damage
DC 16 Ref for 1/2 DMG, if Failed then Creatures are Entangled 2d4 Rounds.
DC 16 Fort Save. If failed all receive Minor Sickening (Sickend with a -1 instead of -2) for 4 Round

After he tries the bomb he reaches for his bandolier, removing a vial of Alchemist's Fire and handing it to Vuzi "Come on, you know you want to"


Alchemist's Fire, no Prof Req'd, Range Touch Attack, 10ft Increment
A direct hit deals 1d6 points of fire damage. Every creature within 5 feet of the point where the flask hits takes 1 point of fire damage from the splash. On the round following a direct hit, the target takes an additional 1d6 points of damage.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

"Ehhh, and that's why I hate rats-frchrr!
No normal animal should like to swarm like that-brchrggrr!
Emily, help Cain. It's too small for us both!
If they come at you, draw them in a bit so we can encircle them-meowi!"

With a quick draw he pulls his bow and sends a quick arrow down into the shifting mess of rats.
Bow-Time: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Black Pantheress | Status: Shield Companion, AF: Bull&Tiger | AC:26|15|21, HP:72/72, CMD: 33(Grab:37), Saves (F|R|W): 10+1|12+1|6+1(+4 vs. Enchantment), Perception: +10(14), Initiative +5, Skirmish-Tricks: 6/6

With a smooth movement, Emily joins Cain at the front-line, biting and scratching at the closest rat in a wild fury.
Bite!: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24
Claw!: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
Claw!: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 18
Bite-Dmg!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw-Dmg!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Claw-Dmg!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Rake-Dmg!: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Maglin closes in behind Cain and Emily, hurling a bomb over top of them and then taking a step back bravely. The flames indeed, the rest of us should concentrate on those rats nearest to us or the woman. Maglin's voice remains even, and he speaks only slightly faster than normal.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 7 Distance from centre of Maglin's square to centre or rats square is ~35 feet.

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

6 points of splash damage. DC 16 ref save to halve damage. Targeting via black square.


RA T1 | WotR

they see me rollin':

8d20 + 8d20 + 1d8 + 2d20 + 4d20 + 1d20 ⇒ (5, 9, 15, 10, 16, 15, 13, 12) + (12, 10, 3, 1, 19, 16, 4, 15) + (6) + (3, 19) + (3, 12, 2, 13) + (13) = 246
1d4 ⇒ 3

Making a couple assumptions on AoO's that lead to two rats down. You're welcome. :)

Youall definitely have the rat's attention. They come pouring out of the hole like champaigne from a shaken bottle. Emily and Cain cut down the first two out, but the rest bully their way through. They are generally burned, reek to high heaven, and seem VERY upset with your life choices as of late. Vuzi takes a bite on the calf that burns like acid, but the rest of you fend of their snapping fangs.

The lady is holding her own now that the pressure is turned to you. The still has a few rats to contend with, but she seems to be doing a little better. Not well, by any stretch, but better.

Party up, map updated.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi growls at the rat. She grabs the Alchemist Fire from Dalkk, and tumbles away from the rats. "Thank vu."

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

AHah...ahhh! Maglin cries out as the rats push past their frontline, and again as they surround him. There are really only a few, but they've got very large teeth which could easily remove chunks of flesh. Emily, Simon, this is you, Maglin says in a steady and soft voice, rather at odds with his earlier shriek. He looks over at them for a moment, waiting for the flurry of claws and steel sure to come, before loosing another bomb.

Delaying until after Simon and Emily act, assuming they kill the rat northwest of me in some manner, and then 5' stepping into it's space before throwing another bomb. Targeting with black square, 6 points splash damage, DC 16 ref save for half.

Touch Attack (cover not factored): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 = 14

Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

One of two options based of Maglin's bomb
If Maglin's Bomb left most the rats alive

Still Rats to BBQ:
In drunk giddy pyromania Dalkk tosses his bomb after Maglin's, it is impossible to hide that even with the danger present that Windukk is only too happy to take advantage of socially acceptable explosions. He does make a point of moving a step away from the rats first, settling between Vuzi and her new once dead friend.

5ft step to the North West to avoid AoO on range attack
Attack vs Dire Rat **TOUCH AC**+Mutagen+Heroism+Point Blank Shot-Range: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 29
Damage (fire): 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 = 9
sticky round: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
DC 16 Ref for Half/avoid entangle
6 Splash damage for everyone else
DC 16 Fort Save. If failed all receive Minor Sickening (Sickend with a -1 instead of -2) for 4 Round

If Maglin's Bomb cleared the rats

Go Magsy Go!:

"Cain Marko-Cain! Get to the Girl!" The dwarf shouts. He reaches for the light crossbow at his side as he takes a step away from the pair of rats on his sides.
There is debate about whether or not drawing a weapon while taking a 5ft step provokes. I'm good either way as long as I can draw I take a step to the South West.
The dwarf takes a breath and focuses before letting loose the scent bolt at the rat next to Simon "C'mon lad git yer head inta game, ye look like yer t'inkin o'a lassie on 'er special day"
Spend 1 grit to resolve attack vs Touch AC
Light C'bow+Mutagen+Heroism+Point Blank Range: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 32
Damage+Point Blank Shot: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
If hit, all creatures with Scent gain +2 ATK/DMG against creature for 1hr or until it spends 1 Min washing

Crit Confirm (is this also touch?) Light C'bow+Mutagen+Heroism+Point Blank Range: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 18
Damage Crit+Point Blank Shot?: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


RA T1 | WotR

Cain? Simon?


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

In discussion thread Simon said he'd be delayed this weekend due to getting married despite not inviting any of us.
He's probably still recovering? [/Ooc]


RA T1 | WotR

That's right. Duh. Cain?


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

sorry I thought I already posted this.
Cain more or less ignored the nearby rats to focus on ranged attacks on the ones near the downed woman
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 131d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 221d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
18 spikes remain


RA T1 | WotR

8d20 ⇒ (19, 9, 15, 11, 9, 13, 8, 19) = 103
1d8 ⇒ 1
1d20 ⇒ 9
2d20 ⇒ (12, 7) = 19

The twin bombs go off and, in spite of Maglin's landing a bit short, several rats fry. The other try to swarm and Cain cuts one down after skewering a rat near the lady with his bone spear things. Emily swipes at and wounds another as the two rush by. This means that just one rat remains by the woman and she manages to land a blow that only makes the rat more angry.
6d20 ⇒ (7, 16, 16, 4, 10, 20) = 73

Int DC 20:
If the amount of fire you saw evidence of before actually happened, these rats should be dead already.

The rats scratch and bite, but Cain and Emily hold them back.

Party up, map updated!


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Holding action because I think our 3 melee fighters are going to finish off these 3 weakened dire rats

Int check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Int DC?:
you mean the fire Maglins made on the surface or did I miss something?


RA T1 | WotR

int results:
You noticed the residue of a fireball when you first entered and saw flashes of fire from this lady when she ran in here. These rats are entirely too healthy to have survived either attack. So either the lady's fire missed, or something else is going on here.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Also waiting for the melee fighters to kill nearby rats.

Int: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 If this is a memory check I get another +5


RA T1 | WotR

Youall may assume that Emily and Simon kill one of the rats.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Cain launches the last flurry of bone spikes at the rats by the woman so he can focus on the ones close by again
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 271d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 271d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Seeing that Cain is likely able to handle the last rat by the woman, Maglin raises his crossbow, focusing his attention on one of the closer rats. Let's hold ranks, we can't be sure she's friendly, Maglin says in an even tone, reaching for another bolt and reloading with barely a glance down.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 10 Penalty for shooting into melee accounted for.

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Dalkk had figured that the up close rats were handled but is happy enough to oblige them. He grips his crossbow tight and levels it with the rat next to him. He takes another 5ft step back and looses a crossbow bolt.

Bolt+Mutagen+Heroism+PointBlankShot: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 15
Damage+PointBlankShot: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Here we go again!
With a snarl, Simon drops the bow and draws his blades again.
Those rats have come into melee range way too fast for his liking!
He steps forward, forming a triangular fighting formation with Cain and Emily,
back-to-back against the remaining rats.
mwk Kukri, Pack-Flanking, Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 4 + 1 = 27
Damage+Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (6) = 10
The following slash, surprises the rat cutting a huge part off it's
foul hide, drawing blood!


Black Pantheress | Status: Shield Companion, AF: Bull&Tiger | AC:26|15|21, HP:72/72, CMD: 33(Grab:37), Saves (F|R|W): 10+1|12+1|6+1(+4 vs. Enchantment), Perception: +10(14), Initiative +5, Skirmish-Tricks: 6/6

Emily needs no further instructions.
There are still rats to kill after all!
"Meowfrchh!"
Bite, Pack-Flanking, Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 4 + 1 = 27
Bite Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Claw, Pack Flanking, Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 4 + 1 = 21
Claw Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Claw, Pack Flanking, Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 4 + 1 = 22
Claw Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Rake Damage (if both claws hit): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Solid rolls ;-)
The RNG-god is satisfied by my return it seems!


RA T1 | WotR

With the rats now all dead the party can breathe a collective sigh of relief. The lady cowers at the back of the cave among numerous dire rat corpses.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

can we get a more detailed description of the woman and position she is in? I looked back and I think all we have is female in tattered cloak?

Perception+Heroism: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 = 25


RA T1 | WotR

She is human with wide eyes and a slight twitch when she looks at you. She looks half crazed, to be honest. Her hair and clothes are a mess. She doesn't react to you immediately. She keeps looking around at all the rat corpses.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

The dwarf ratchets a new bolt into place in his crossbow and makes his way into the cavern. He keeps the heavy crossbow lowered until he gets closer. With all the friendliness, care, and hospitality he can summon he raises the crossbow again once he's nearly on top of her. "Ye dinnae know me, but I've bin in and bin ta cause o' more explosions then mos' will e'er see. Nah one of ta rats were singed before me an my friend back der had our fill but sometin' did explode already. If'n you dinnae want to be what's next you best start sayin' everytin' you know."

Intimidate+Heroism: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10
Sense Motive+Heroism: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 23


RA T1 | WotR

The lady stares down three business end of Dakk's crossbow with eyes wide in shock. She's clearly confused and scared, but she doesn't start talking. Perhaps because she didn't understand the question.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Greetings, Maglin begins, checking to make sure his crossbow is still tied to his belt. He walks behind Dalk, approaching the lady without a hint of fear. We are adventurers, here each for our own reasons, who wish to know who you are and where you come from. He glances back behind him, signaling that the others should keep an eye out for an ambush. Perhaps you're another adventurer whose party became lost and killed one by one? Maglin reaches out and tugs gently at Dalk's shoulder, two fingers moving toward's the dwarf's crossbow.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 5

If there is no response

Predictive Posting:

Maglin turns to the others behind him, sighing. We should clear away the rat corpses at first, she seems to be afraid of them. He kneels down and begins to toss those nearby backwards, occasionally grunting with the effort. If she continues to act crazed and afraid, I shall prepare an infusion which will hopefully prove calming. He glances up at the woman, hoping that she merely has musophobia.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Hello. Are vu alright? Do not mind him. He haz issues with people. Vy are vu here in dis place?" Vuzi takes a chance and puts her hand out to help the woman up from her cower.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

While Emily enjoys her success by feeding on the dead rats, Simon follows the group inside to take a look at the woman they had saved.
Seeing her on the ground, shaken with fear and shock, his good hearts starts to melt and he sits down at her side and tries to drag her into a fuzzy hug while purring a barely audible song of sleep and calm.
If she is obviously wounded, he will cast a basic healing spell CLW from my pool to ease her pain a bit.


RA T1 | WotR

She smells of rat, which is understandable. When you get closer she seems to snap out of it and says, Oh thank the gods, we've got to get back!

1d12 ⇒ 10

Sense motive DC 20, Previous rolls apply:
Something is off. She recovers from her scared state a hair to quickly, though you can't put your finger on why. It's possible she just had good mental fortitude, but your gut is saying no.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Marko stabs a dead rat and asks "anyone got a source of fire?" he walks over with the rat-kebab and looks the woman over
sense motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

The dwarf lowers his crossbow at Maglin's insistance. "Surely ye realize sometin' abou' ta fire just ain't right Magsy?" He trusts just about any of his companions other then himself to handle such affairs. As Vuzi pointed out, he doesn't do well with people. His reflection does give him an idea though. "If ye cannea make sense of her, I bet with some help Vuzi could like she did with the shopkeep."

The dwarf laughs but shoots a look at Vuzi to ensure she knows he was not joking. He starts to leave figuring the situation well in hand. Dalkk stays mindful of the group but faces exit, keeping watch on the rear. He shouts back, almost barking, "If we dinnae find ta' source o' ta' fire marks we should be all ta more concerned."


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 arrr, you're kidding
Somewhat surprised that his planned aid is no longer necessary, Simon steps back to get away to let Vuzi do her thing.
He never got the grasp of 'fine' talking.
As Dalkk continues to babble about the fire, Simon remembers as well.
Still in the movement he asks the women over his shoulder:
"So you're trained in magic, aren't you-iih?
Roasting those damn rats quite nice-grpurpurr."


RA T1 | WotR

She shakes her head. I have to get back! Why are you all just standing here talking!?


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

I regret saying this, but we cannot trust you right away. Tell us what it is you have to get back to, why it has to be now, and we'll be inclined to help. Maglin stays standing, arms crossed, though there is a hint of sympathy in his voice.

Perhaps a little water, Simon? Should soothe the nerves, make this next part a bit easier.


RA T1 | WotR

What are you talking about? My friends are across the cave! They might be in trouble! They're probably up to their necks in rats as we speak!

SM DC 14:
She clearly wants you to follow her, but you don't buy her story. Even if it's true, she's hiding something.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 12

If they are up to their necks in rats, probably the best thing is to stay as far away as possible. How many friends do you have, and how did you get separated? Maglin keeps the questions a bit more concrete for now, hoping to get straight answers.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

She give Dallk a nod of understanding at his message. "Ve vere just across de cave. There was no vone else. If you think they need help we will go, please lead the vay." She give everyone a stay on your guard look.

She at the shop keep as they leave the smaller cave. "Haf you met Mr. Thulian Vance? He haz been here for a while. Vat is your name. Vy are you here?" Vuzi watches her reaction at being introduced to the ghoul.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


RA T1 | WotR

She doesn't approach Mr. Vance, but she does nod as she hurries off toward the fallen rocks in the north west of the cavern. Hello. I'm Vilaar. My partner and I were down here when we met some rats and separated. He should be over here!

She easily jumps the stream and scrambles up the rubble pile. it blocks access to the passage from the rat room. Once the rubble is negotiated, it can quickly be seen that there are stairs beyond. Past the rubble, the walls and floor are covered with spattering of blood, several broken weapons and marrow-sucked bones. Jarvik! Jarvik are you there! she cries.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Cain has his sword drawn and his shield up, not trusting anything going on


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Lady Vilaar, I'm sorry but I don't trust you enough to let you lead the way. Maglin sounds sorry; every word that comes from his mouth is like a weight. Please stand near my good friend Cain, he will kill you if you seem to be against us. Maglin looks away from Vilaar quickly, focusing on the path ahead. In this context it would also be a bad idea for Simon to go first, so Thulian shall lead the way.

We shall hurry, he says to his companions, but be wary. Anyone able to tell at a glance how recently these bones were sucked of marrow?


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Mr Vance will you go ahead with Simon please?" Vuzi asks the ghoul as she follows along longspear at the ready.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Looks from one to the other casually while mixing the essence of several mushrooms together. He smiles when it begins to glow.

Mixing my open LVL 1 extract - Enlarge Person

He jogs forward and hands off a coil of rope to the calcium abundant warrior Cain and motions for him to come along side. He continues to jog forward until he reaches the woman. He signals to the others who would like to get involved to follow him. When he gets in front of her he speaks "Ye dinnae seem to understan' me earlier, so I made a potion to help..." he knocks back the potion he just made and immediately begins to grow. His eyes which were locked on her go from looking up to looking down with his new found size. In a fittingly slightly louder and deeper voice "The dwarf says stop!"

Dalkk Reaches out to grab the woman.

Grapple+Size+EnlargedStrength+Heroism: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 20


RA T1 | WotR

Vance dutifully takes the lead over the rocks and runs into no trouble. Then Dalkk steps up and commands the lady to stop. He grabs her by the waist and starts yelling. The lady screams and a bag appears in her hand. Maglin's magic sight, thus far blocked by the small traveling bag that the lady was carrying, is suddenly hit with a dangerous arua! Before he can warn the dwarf, the lady bursts the bag over his face! A fine metallic dust settles over the area around him. His face looks like it's made of metal momentarily...

Dalkk and Cain, make a DC 15 fort save. Dalkk takes a -2 on this save for getting it in the face. If you fail...:

take con damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) = 8. As a result you take a 32 HP penalty which can knock you out until the damage is healed enough to get the penalty below your current HP.

Regardless of your save, you are stunned for rounds: 5d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 4, 2) = 13 as you are overcome with uncontrollable fits of sneezing and coughing.

With those around her disabled, the woman disappears into one of many small tunnels that line this room. They are big enough to crawl through and she seems well practiced at navigating them. She is gone before you can catch her.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Fort Save+Heroism-BOOMHEADSHOT!: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 - 2 = 19

The now much smaller woman fumbles through his fingers, while struggling to keep the idget in place he drops her all together when his whole world goes shiny "BLAST!" -cough- "Get the..." -snort- "Get the.. the." -sharp burning inhale- "Get the Sneezed Curse"

As warned earlier, the dwarf had been in more explosions then most and keeps his head clear even at the center of this blast. His sinuses however were a different story, and the pollen count just got higher.

The still enlarged dwarf falls to his knees and buries his face in his left arm, still hacking away and hoping his buckler will keep his face protected for the next minute and a half while he recovers.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon is taken completely by surprise by this new development, his attention fixed on the way forward. As the struggle and screaming happens in his back, he whirls around ... only in time to see the rescued lady disappear into a small tunnel at the side of the cave.
"What happened-iii?
Dulkk, you're okay?!"

Noticing that Dulkk, and probably Cain too, are in no way able to fight or even talk coherently, he takes Dulkks hand to lead him back to the entrance they had come through. Better fight off a possible attack at a narrow space, than in the middle of a cave.
"Lets go back a bit-meow.
If more rats come at us, I don't want to get surrounded with you two out out of it-grfrch!"


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 4 = 18
spending one power point to pass the save
"The f$$% achu! Get he-heahchu her"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Oh dear, Maglin says softly as the bag appears. He reaches out a hand powerlessly, mouth open wide, but no words come. A moment later, the lady is gone.

Maglin turns silently and approaches Cain, stopping a few feet away. Cain, this is Maglin, follow me. Maglin touches him on the shoulder gently, leading him after Simon.

He stands sullenly beside Simon, looking at the ground. Occasionally he looks up at Cain and Dalkk, but there is nothing Maglin can do to help.

After they stop

Are you all right? That bag seemed to be quite deadly, I'm glad nothing worse happened to either of you, and I'm also glad that she did not detonate it while we were all leaving that small tunnel, which I think would have been much more damaging. However, I feel that I contributed to an attitude of trusting towards her. I think we should have been more thorough before allowing a potential foe to take advantage of us like that, more specifically, I think we should have searched her and bound her arms despite her protests. Maglin looks around at the others for a moment, hoping they agree.

I will remember this incident with perfect clarity for the rest of my life, but we cannot let the mistakes we made here cause an unhelpful negative mindset. It is imperative that our spirits are not let down. We will learn from this.

Any comments? Maglin pauses to look around at the others.

After any comments.

Thulian, we need to search you and get a better understanding of your condition and history. You seemed quite confused when we first met you, and after Vuzi's magic it was as though another spell had been broken. Do you know if that was the case? Perhaps you were under the control of another spellcaster, or the creature who slew you? How exactly did your expedition fare? What are your current capabilities, as far as you understand them? How long have you been down here, and were you locked in that room the whole time?

Last of all, Vuzu, how long will your spell last?

Maglin will repeat any of his questions patiently and methodically until they've all been addressed.

Link to the first Thulian post.

401 to 450 of 3,161 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Choon presents All's Well that Ends in a Well: A Rappan Athuk Deathtrap All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.