All's Well that Ends in a Well

Game Master Choon


201 to 250 of 3,155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The stone elemental, meanwhile, endures a rough pummeling. It stays standing, however, and replies with another jumping blow, which falls a little short of actually connecting.

Power Attack, Earth Mastery: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 1 + 1 = 10

Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 3 + 1 = 10

Getting the bad rolls with a summoned monster's good since I'm then mathematically more likely to get good rolls later.


Female Human Seer/Telepath Dual Discipline Psion 4// Spirit Walker Mesmerist 2 ||| HP: 30/30 || AC: 17 | Touch 12 | Flat Footed 15 || FORT: +3 | REF: +3 | WILL: + 10|| INIT: +2 || Power Points 24/27 ||

"Our wrath shall fall upon you like... Ignatzia, what are you doing?"

Seeing the way of things, Ignatzia begins running inside of the mausoleum, trying to avoid proximity to as many enemies as she can in the process.

Running inside of the vault. Don't have access to a device that can update the map right now, can someone move me 40 ft in a way that doesn't provoke AOO and gets me inside please?


RA T1 | WotR

RollinRollinRollin:

1:
2: 29
3:39

4:14, entangled, -1 sick
5:13, -1 sick
6:3, -1 sick
7:
8:

attack 1: 1d20 ⇒ 6
damage: 1 = 1
attack 4: 4d20 ⇒ (7, 3, 4, 9) = 23
damage: 1 = 1
attack 5: 4d20 ⇒ (18, 10, 18, 17) = 63
damage: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) + 6 = 12
attack 6: 4d20 ⇒ (11, 2, 18, 18) = 49
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 4 = 12
attack 7: 1d20 ⇒ 18
damage: 1 = 1
attack 8: 1d20 ⇒ 14
damage: 1 = 1

The defenders lay on the hurt. The traveling Gargoyle in particular takes a beating and is left barely standing after Cain is done with him. Maglin disappears and makes his way into the mausoleum along with Ignatzia. The Gargoyle that had been focusing on him looks around in confusion before catching sight of the squishy Vuzi and charging her. Unfortunately he doesn't hit.

The right flank falls upon the elemental and Cain. The elemental holds his own, but he can't take the punishment for a second round. He falls, but not before absorbing the attacks of two of the monsters. Cain is put in an altogether different situation. In stead of attacking, two of the gargoyles latch onto his arms with clawd feet and haul him off the ground! They fly off to the east, attempting to abscond with their prize! A the door one of the Gargoyles steps into the gap left by the abductors and engages Dalkk! He lands two blows in spite of the enhanced defenses. (Take 12 over 2 attacks)

Party up! Cain is now 10' to the east and 10' off the ground and grappled. It is unlikely that a single gargoyle can lift him.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

given the grappled condition, I can still attack yes? But have a -4 to dex and a -2 penalty to hit on the ones not grappling me and must make concentration checks to cast correct? And they also have the grappled condition so -4 dex means -2 AC
Cain growls and swings his blade as hard as he can at the ones holding him, trying to break their hold on him
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
1d10 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

I was planning on casting grease on you. That way you are probably ~90% to fall this round and really hard to grapple for the ones still on the ground. I could also use invisibility if you think you can kill it so that the grounded ones can't see you fall and don't know where to attack. The other one would still be grappling you though so they might figure it out.

So, think grease is better and want to retcon? Other suggestions?


RA T1 | WotR

Thanks to the beating it received earlier, Cain's strike servers the wing of one of the gargoyles! The trio spins to the ground and lands in a heap.
Can't remove the height marker on the map at the moment, but you're now 5' you the east, on the ground, and prone.
nonlethal falling: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Your DR saves you from any falling damage.

Edit:Maglin the 22 second ninja. Let me know how you guys want to play it. Bed time now. :)


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

I was actually ninja'd by Cain myself. Hopefully they're still on and we can discuss this quickly and figure something out.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

as of this moment is Cain actually free?


RA T1 | WotR

Ya, he's just going to be a little displaced


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
1d10 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
what's the status on the gargoyles?


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Cain, I believe you still have a move action left, grappled or not. I would recommend using your move action to stand if your prone, and your quick runners shirt for the extra move action to get inside


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

given that my DR negates the damage I think I don't need to spend the shirt bonus action, but if I am wrong I will do that


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

it's not the damage. GM said your prone, standing up is a move action and would be the end of your turn. You can end your turn damn near the other side of the building alone just for standing up, or spend the quick runners to end the turn with us


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

If he's still grappled he can't run away, right?


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

I'm not 100% sure, but I think we're retconning in Cain's AOO. If it went through and killed one he may not of been grappled in the first place. If it didn't work, then I believe he was grappled, carried, and used a standard action to weaken 1 Gargoyle enough so as they all landed hard together. If that happened then I believe he is prone (per GM Choon) but no longer actively being grappled.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Can I get an HP count on everyone please. I know Simon is low. Anyone else?

Vuzi acrobatics away from the gargoyle in front of her, and into the mausoleum. She reaches out to Simon. "I'm sorry...

Simon:

Vuzi reaches out to you and touches your skin. She says a couple of words. Her arm up to the elbow suddenly looks wasted and shriveled. It's as if all the life force has been pulled out of it. At the same moment your wounds feel better, and begin to knit closed. Her arm suddenly looks normal again.

She won't meet your eyes.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Cure Moderate: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 6) + 4 = 17


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

If I understand right, I'm down 12, 26/38. Cain is down 9, but depending on his remaining power points and AOO results he may be down significantly more very soon. Maglin is only down 4, putting him at 21/25 but he has taken 7 points non lethal, making him 14 points from unconscious. After this last heal, Simon should be at 21/28.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Cheeez, post was ate by paizack-man
As Vuzi touches Simons arm, his eyes ho wide in surprise and silent horror as he becomes aware of the sudden change in Vuzis body.
As the wave of healing energy washes through the Catfolk's body, he visibly relaxes.
As the brief moment is over, he repeatedly looks back and forth between Vuzis arm and his own, then starts to purr like a cat laying on top of a warm oven.
"Your okay Vuzi-purrpurr. Thank you-purrpurr!"
He turns around to observe the battlefield.
"Are we fighting them here or hide deeper down this place-mii?
I can properly prepare myself and join Marco in a few seconds if we want to fight them off-meaow!"

If we want to fight, I would pop my second barkskin and maybe take a shield extract from someone. That should up my ac enough to wether them off. GM ruled that their dr was forgotten somehow, so I should be able to kill them well enough. Holding action for now.


RA T1 | WotR

Cain fights a furious fight near the door. The gargoyles try to snatch him and lift him away, but two swift strikes bring one down sans a wing. The other screeches as it tries to pull him away, but can't lift both its own weight and Cain's. Cain was not moved, but is still Grappled. He is also not prone.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

so I can't run until I kill that one. k
Cain swings again with his boneblade, striking as hard as he can on the one still holding him, [b]"Release me and flee while you still can!"
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
1d10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


RA T1 | WotR

Map updated to reflect Cain's current situation

Cain's sword plunges into the creature. By whim of chance or fate, That gargoyle was alredy suffering from burns and a previous strike and Cain's hit is just enough to bring it down, but it's a close thing indeed. Cain is now free to use his move action unhindered


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Cain runs the f+#% away, heading back to the others


RA T1 | WotR

The party withdraws, fighting off Gargoyles the whole way. Thanks to Dalkk's newfound size you manage to seal and bar the doors. You hear no knocking or attacks on the iron, so you assume the gargoyles know that attacking the door is useless.

The room inside is utterly dark. When a light is produced it reveals a single closed sarcophagus. Behind this (you discover after much careful searching) is a secret hatch that leads to a circular shaft descending into the darkness below. The smell of death radiates from the pit as it descends down into oblivion. The circular shaft descends 30 ft. below the floor of the mausoleum above to a dirt- floored hallway. There are some blood stains and smears on the walls of the hallway, which are made of roughly worked stone, including one rather recent large hand smear of blood on the north wall. The passage leads east and comes to a dead end some 100 ft. later. At the end of the passage is an obvious ten-foot deep 5 ft. by 5 ft. pit. There is a rope pegged into the wall that descends into the pit. At the bottom of the pit is a poorly hidden (DC 10 Perception) man-sized secret door. The door begins 3 ft. off the ground from the floor of the pit and opens by pulling up and out on a small knob on the bottom of the door.

Youall do not have to immediately move on. I'm including the way forward for youall to take when you are ready. Feel free to RP the aftermath of being ambushed as you will. :)


RA T1 | WotR

The interior of the mausoleum itself is smeared with blood in localized splotches. Full plate, leathers, staves and even swords are crushed to useless flatness, just as the guards described in town. Even a shattered crystal is found in the corner. Everything is pressed to under half an inch in thickness. There is no sign of what could have done this.

Perception DC 35:

There are mechanisms here to lift the floor into the ceiling, though they appear to be inactive.


RA T1 | WotR

The mausoleum itself is filled with damp, musty air. Dust covers most
of this barren room of solid stone. Several broken and rusted weapons lie
on the floor along with the butt-ends of several used torches. The room’s
sole feature is a large stone sarcophagus, on top of which stand two brass
candelabras, each holding a black candle.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Cain pants and leans against the door, his bone sword fully extended and the white plates still formed on his other arm
I am down 9 HP and 12 power points. How many did I kill? half of them?-


RA T1 | WotR

I think you killed two, those two at the end. Simon and Emily killed two.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

so half total


RA T1 | WotR

Of the dead ones, yes.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

After slamming the door shut Dalkk immediately calls out for the wizard Maglin. Dalkk is familiar with invisibility and think it the most likely explanation but also knows that this place is mysterious and evil. Once he establishes that Maglin is indeed among them he sighs in relief.

His shoulders ease and he looks towards Cain. He mutters to himself in Dwarven

Dwarven:
"If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."
and follows louder in common "Ye a lot tougher then ye look Cain Marco-Cain."

The still large dwarf starts reaching for the various vials he keeps across his belt and bandoliers. He starts by mixing a potion of cure light wounds (1 Min spent making it) and handing it off to Cain.
Cure light Wounds Extract: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The Large dwarf takes another Vial, one that he prepared earlier. He didn't plan on using it so soon but he swallows his Extract of Alchemical Allocation. Once he feels his throat and stomach are adequately coated he pulls out a Potion of Heroism. The normally ritual that follows would only be made worse from his enhanced size. He knocks back the potion, waits a brief time, and seems to fight a couple hiccups back. Eventually he loses and doubles over, expelling the liquid from his stomach and catching the contents back in the same vial. He caps the Potion of Heroism and puts it back in it's pouch on his belt. He licks his fingers before wiping his mouth. "I really wish I'd taken my potions earlier. I dinnae want to be caught off guard again in dis awful place."

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
I'm assuming we have at least 4 minutes before the next thing goes wrong. If I'm incorrect, then potion mixing doesn't happen and bless/enlarge are still on. If assumption is correct, then I'm de-blessed and have returned to normal size


RA T1 | WotR

You are correct. Well, unless someone pries of that lid...


RA T1 | WotR

The above descriptions of the room you are in were done in haste. The copy-pasted one is from the book, so take it as correct where it conflicts with mine.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12
DW Duck wrote:

After slamming the door shut Dalkk immediately calls out for the wizard Maglin. Dalkk is familiar with invisibility and think it the most likely explanation but also knows that this place is mysterious and evil. Once he establishes that Maglin is indeed among them he sighs in relief.

His shoulders ease and he looks towards Cain. He mutters to himself in Dwarven ** spoiler omitted ** and follows louder in common "Ye a lot tougher then ye look Cain Marco-Cain."

The still large dwarf starts reaching for the various vials he keeps across his belt and bandoliers. He starts by mixing a potion of cure light wounds (1 Min spent making it) and handing it off to Cain.
[dice=Cure light Wounds Extract]1d8+4

The Large dwarf takes another Vial, one that he prepared earlier. He didn't plan on using it so soon but he swallows his Extract of Alchemical Allocation. Once he feels his throat and stomach are adequately coated he pulls out a Potion of Heroism. The normally ritual that follows would only be made worse from his enhanced size. He knocks back the potion, waits a brief time, and seems to fight a couple hiccups back. Eventually he loses and doubles over, expelling the liquid from his stomach and catching the contents back in the same vial. He caps the Potion of Heroism and puts it back in it's pouch on his belt. He licks his fingers before wiping his mouth. "I really wish I'd taken my potions earlier. I dinnae want to be caught off guard again in dis awful place."

[Dice=Perception]1d20+11
I'm assuming we have at least 4 minutes before the next thing goes wrong. If I'm incorrect, then potion mixing doesn't happen and bless/enlarge are still on. If assumption is correct, then I'm de-blessed and have returned to normal size

Cain sips the potion before responding in dwarven "I'm not an idiot"


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

A disembodied voice rings out from the space beside Well that was unpleasant. I'm glad we're all alive, and inside. So happy to finally be inside this dungeon, which I've been seeking with determination for the past month. But I am exhausted. Let's keep an eye out for a good place to stop and rest. Maglin does not verbally respond to the exchange in Dwarven, so you can't tell how he feels about it.

Seeing Dalkk mix his extracts, Maglin begins to do the same. I can prepare a variety of potions, he begins, ready to discuss the use of his infusions with other members of the party.

Don't feel the need to have Maglin list out his spells and then a back and forth where we discuss it in character, since that'll hold up gameplay. Four minutes is enough time for that to happen and we'll just assume it does.

My formulae list wrote:


Enlarge Person, Long Arm, Expeditious Retreat, Anticipate Peril, Shield, True Strike, Reduce Person,

Cure Light Wounds, Polypurpose Panacea,

Endure Elements, Monkey Fish, Detect Secret Doors, Ant Haul


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Who has a light source? Dalkk's good with Darkvision like half of us, but someone needs a light for the rest.

Steps forward to the tomb. Not taking his eyes off of it he tilts his head to the side, speaking over his shoulder. "Oi Mags.. tha' statue warned not to move bones. Ye saw the statue... dis him? 'Ow 'bout you Vuzi? Anyone ye know?" He shakes his head "I dinnae like the idea of camping next ta the dead, but I dinnae like ta idea of poppin' dis lid much either."

Once the hatch is discovered
Works his way back over to L'nshpad and takes 1 of 5 cages chickens. With squawking and cursing he takes the bird out and throws it down the hole. He gets close to the tunnel to listen and watch whatever may happen.


RA T1 | WotR

The chicken has a royal fit, but nothing else happens.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"I have some light." She pulls an Everburning torch out of her backpack. Dis vill help." She looks around at everyone. "Are ve healed. I can assist if more is needed?"

"Ve should not disturb the dead. Many people haf traveled here before. If there vas treasure with de dead man it vould be taken by now. I think leaf de lid alone. I think de question is do ve go down de hole after the chicken, or through de door that we found?"

I can't get the perception even with a 20.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Isn't the door in the pit?

Maglin reappears after a few minutes mixing some vials of greenish brown liquid. On his lap sits a small, snow white rabbit. It looks up at you inquisitively. This is my rabbit he says, not looking up from a careful measurement. Simon, take this vial. This is the protective spell I mentioned earlier, it should last about two minutes.

Assuming that Cain wants long arm

And this, hi plucks a small vial out of his rabbit's clutches, is the one which will make your arms longer. Should help you keep the foes at bay, prevent us from getting flanked like with those gargoyles. He offers it to Cain.

Assuming we want another CLW

Maglin picks up yet another vial, this time from the floor beside him. Who is hurt worst? He asks, making a quick appraisal of everyone's wounds. Simon, did you get any healing? This'll close a gash, which seems of importance for you to continue functioning. He extends his hand, the small vial filled with a pink substance.

Healing roll, don't look unless you take it because bias:

CLW CL 2: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Once the extracts have been distributed, Maglin stands up and stretches. He picks up his rabbit and places it on his shoulder. It crawls over to his neck and seems to fuse with his flesh, pulling his collar open. Maglin looks at it scoldingly and unbuttons his top two buttons. The result is half a rabbit sticking out of his left shoulder quite unsettlingly, holding its huge paws out on Maglin's chest. He's not making me look better, but maybe he'll keep foes at a distance a bit better.

A protector familiar gains Bodyguard and Combat Reflexes as bonus feats. If the familiar is occupying its master’s square, it can use Bodyguard to aid another to improve its master’s AC even if it doesn’t threaten the attacking foe. It rolls an attack vs DC ten, and if successful I get a +2 bonus to AC vs that attack. It has an attack bonus of +7.

I have absolutely no idea if the body inside the sarcophagus is the same as the statue outside. Did anyone bring chains? Perhaps we can wrap some chains around it and pound in some iron spikes to hold it shut. Maglin starts to walk over to the candles, then checks himself, instead staying well behind Cain and Emily.

Take ten on any relevant skill check to learn about the sarcophagus. If there are runes on it, linguistics for a result of 20. Knowledge Religion at 24 to remember what black candles in brass candelabras mean. Assuming I learn nothing...

No idea what those candles are for. We could light them, I can't see how that would possibly go wrong. There isn't a hint of sarcasm in Maglin's voice, it's quite confusing. I suggest we leave this alone until we know more about our surroundings. Once we have a place to run maybe we can try to open it up, although I'm inclined to agree with Vuzi that we're unlikely to find treasure in the first room.

Later

Maglin moves towards the hole, again making the chicken glow bright green before they drop it in. Shall we send one of those small walking rocks down?

After they eventually descend into the hole, Maglin takes a look at the crushed objects and bloodstains on the walls, staying near the middle of the group as they journey through the tunnel.

Take ten on Knowledge (Oozes), are there any that can climb and would be able to do this? Result of 24. How big is the hallway?

We should leave that rope there for the time being, he says, assuming we used a rope to climb down. There is a very reasonable chance we want to retreat, and that's an option there's no reason not to leave open. At least until we see what lies ahead.

Seems like we should open the door. He sounds extremely nervous.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Shrugs in reply to Vuzi "Fer sure I feel the hit, but not quite desperate. If'n ye can heal all day long I'll take it, but if'n ye cannae din heal me once we make camp."

C'mon, roll perception! 5% chance for Nat 20


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

As everyone has retreated into the room and the door is closed, Simon slides to the ground.
"Pheeew, those things were brutal-frchh.
Good thing everyone is still alive."

He opens his backpack and extracts some dried fruits and nuts for a quick snack.

+++ Sarcophagus discussion +++
Simon shakes his head.
"I think we should leave it alone.
No sense in risking an angered undead dwarf coming for us-meow!
If we really want to rest here, I can put up some wire and a bell around it, so it will wake us if it opens."

+++ After finding the secret hatch +++
Simon darts back from the opened hatch with an expression of pure disgusting on his face.
"Aaargh. Örgh. What's with that smell-ihhh?!"
After a minute or so he carefully comes back. Seems like his keen sense of smell has started to adept to the gross smell.
Gogo Nat 20, gogo!: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


RA T1 | WotR

re:gargoyles - I'd like to proceed with the dungeon itself.
The candles are lit already. If you try to detect magic on them you get nearly blinded by their aura.
The for is in the pit that's in the first pit. The first is nice and stony like a man-hole. The second feels much more crude.

There are no markings on the sarcophagus at all.

The hall is large enough for youall to walk single file.

The "nat 20 is a success" rule doesn't apply to skills.


RA T1 | WotR

Again, at your leisure. I'll sometimes post updates a little ahead of time if I have time if I have a busy day ahead, so youall can resolve thin when your planning is through.
As you enter the door you are hit with an overpowering stench of rot and filth and death. It is constant and you all find yourselves involuntarily gaging every few minutes.

Everyone - DC 10 fort save upon entering Level 1. Should you fail:
all rolls you make are at a -2 morale penalty due to being distracted and overwhelmed by the stench

You are immediately faced with a choice: left or right...


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

I don't know if it needed to be said,
since there is only a roll if we get lost I think, but Dalkk is using his mapmaking kit as often as possible.
Do natural 1s apply to skill checks and savea?

Dalkk proceeds slowly down that Eastern path. Should he come across any mold, fungus, or ooze he is unfamiliar with he takes the time for a thorough analysis (fluff only). When the door is breeched and the smell of death washes over them Dalkk ties a handkerchief over his nose. The result of which is only a placebo of course.

Fort+2 heroism: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20

The stench doesn't seem to get to him.

When they come across the fork in the cavern he looses 2 of the 5 goats, one in either direction.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Time for some 'marking' :-)
Fort+7: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Luckily he had adjusted before, so the increase in stench - something he would not have though possible mere moments before - does not incapitate Simon.

Seeing as things start to devolve into a maze quickly, he sets down his
backpack and produces a set of small vials with different colors.
"Stop for moment friends-purr. My race has developed a technique to ...
mark people, objects and places with a special smell only we can detect-meow.
I want to mark everyone of you as well as every special place down here with
some mark, so I will be able to find my way around even if we loose us or the
way. The alchemists of my folk have even developped several, slightly
different smells for different meanings like shelter or danger-miaur.
The smell can only be detected by a Catfolk and within 30 feet - or more if the
situation is beneficial. Don't fear, it can be washed off with water if you
want to, but I guarantee you, you will not smell anything-purr.
I suggest that I mark some part of your cloths or equipment rather than your
skin, so you can wash yourself without loosing the mark - those things are
not cheap-miahh."

After everyone agreed (or not everyone?) Simon starts to mix some of the vials
together, then adds one of his whiskers and shakes the vial around. It shortly
becomes blue (the same color as Simons eyes), before turning back to colorless.
He will one or two drops of the liquid on Emilies armor and everyone willing,
at a location of their choosing.

If everyone agrees I will mark everyone with the 'personal' mark, so I
can smell the location of everyone (including Emily) 6/30 uses.
Then mark the wall right beside the first split with 'shelter' to mark our way
out.


Black Pantheress | Status: Shield Companion, AF: Bull&Tiger | AC:26|15|21, HP:72/72, CMD: 33(Grab:37), Saves (F|R|W): 10+1|12+1|6+1(+4 vs. Enchantment), Perception: +10(14), Initiative +5, Skirmish-Tricks: 6/6

Fort 5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Emily as well does not seem too fond of this new surrounding, but keeps right beside Simon despite the incredible stench of the dungeon.
Switching her AF back to Falcon, for a +4 Perception for a total of +11 out of combat. Could give her dark-vision if needs be, but I think we have enough light for now?


RA T1 | WotR

Both goats go wandering off and come wandering back after a minute or two.


Female Human Seer/Telepath Dual Discipline Psion 4// Spirit Walker Mesmerist 2 ||| HP: 30/30 || AC: 17 | Touch 12 | Flat Footed 15 || FORT: +3 | REF: +3 | WILL: + 10|| INIT: +2 || Power Points 24/27 ||

Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Seemingly unperturbed by the awful smell, a completely unscathed Ignatzia nods her head at the catfolk's suggestion. "On this sleeve works fine." She stretches out her right arm and allows Simon to use the liquid.

Sorry for the delay everyone! Let's continue.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Is this for a sickened condition? I'm immune to that.
Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Vuzi studies Simon when he asks to mark the group. "Do you promise you aren't marking us for someone to eat?" She watches as he marks Emily, and notices she doesn't have any ill effects.

She leans over and sniffs where Simon put the liquid. I don't smell anything. Might not hurt after all. She holds out an arm an points to her wrist sheath. "You may mark that.


RA T1 | WotR

It is not sickened. It's just super distracting.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

I'm super distracted.

201 to 250 of 3,155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Choon presents All's Well that Ends in a Well: A Rappan Athuk Deathtrap All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.