All's Well that Ends in a Well

Game Master Choon


51 to 100 of 3,161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Whoa now Marco, Maglin moves forward and holds one hand up in front of the man, let's not be hasty. It's just a little fellow, probably quite a bit like my rabbit. Maglin pats his chest, where there is definitively not a rabbit.


Female Human Seer/Telepath Dual Discipline Psion 4// Spirit Walker Mesmerist 2 ||| HP: 30/30 || AC: 17 | Touch 12 | Flat Footed 15 || FORT: +3 | REF: +3 | WILL: + 10|| INIT: +2 || Power Points 24/27 ||

"AAAAAH!" The "heroic" rock cries out in apparent terror as it scurries away from the man with a raised boot and leaps onto the friendlier dwarf as he drags his chair over to ignatzia's table. The rock sighs contently as the dwarf pets him, but jumps onto the Chelish woman's shoulder once he's close to the table.

By the time Dalkk reaches the table, Ignatzia has recovered from her facepalm and gestures for the dwarf to pull up his chair. "I deal with a different sort of life energy- I've got no healing talent I'm afraid. At any rate though- can I have your names? We haven't really been properly introduced." The question is addressed to both the half orc and the dwarf.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

As the dwarf talks his gaze stays affixed on the wonderful talking rock, "either Dalkk or Duk will do. The pretty one there is Maglin who claims 'e is male, the furry one is Simon Blue-Eye and his friend is Emily. Emily doesn't talk. The last one is called Cain Marco-Cain. I can vouch for none of them." The dirty dwarf points up to the friendly rock "who's that? And what are ye called fer dat matter?"

His attention suddenly jumps away from the rock and to the green skinned woman on the other side. In Orc

Orcish:
Can you heal? So far everyone seems able to take care of their own scrapes but we seem to lack anyone who can handle more."


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi looks surprised at the rock that hops out Ignatzia's pack. "I haven't seen anything like that before.

My friend.", she pets her familiar, "has a trick too." The familiar climbs up her neck and becomes a tattoo of a black and green scorpion that wraps around her lower neck and down her shoulder.

She pats the tattoo as the other woman faceplams from the rocks antics."She doesn't speak or embarrass me yet."

She studies the dwarf with her odd cold eyes. "I haf some healing talent. Not as gud as a cleric, but enuf. My name ez Vuzi Ognok."


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Magln looks back and forth from the rock to Marco for a moment, a bemused expression on his face. Come on, let's follow the dwarf, he walks after, arriving just in time to see Vuzi's familiar crawling into her skin.

What other magic can you use? I'm a wizard myself, and I am, as Dalkk points out, male. There is an exceptionally brief flash of pain across Maglin's face. It doesn't seem to be the result of the misunderstanding of his gender, since he says the words as evenly and clearly as any others, and his face only changes after he's done speaking.

I also have a familiar of my own. I used to be quite shy, but I've since gotten over it. My familiar, however, has not, and like yours he'll nestle into me.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Vell I haf some healing, but mostly I deal vith the undead." Vuzi decides to leave it at that. She doesn't appear ready to share more about her magic. If they decide I'm a kind of cleric so be it.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

There are plenty of undead in Rappan Athuk, which is where I hear you're headed. Do you command them, raise them, or destroy them? Maglin sits at the table, keeping an eye on his pack.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"I guess all three." she looks around the room carefully and lowers her voice. "Raise and command mostly." she whispers.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Interesting. I've never studied the necromantic arts. Mostly because I don't have the stomach for it, to be honest, and because Necromancers tend to be antisocial and selfish. You actually seem quite trusting, though, given the ease with which you divulged that fact, I bet we'd get along well enough. Maglin leans back and crosses his arms, trying to see how the others react.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Makes a motion with his right hand, trying to call the stone familiar like one might a cat. He continues in Orc.

Orcish:
"That is very exciting Vuzi, and a true gift to be able to create life from what most call a dead resource. I specialize in shooting and the alchemical sciences, both explosive and internal benefits."
The tone of his speech is not secretive, Dalkk is unaware that he may be alienating others, or may not of realized he stopped speaking common all together.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Maglin raises an eyebrow at Dalkk but says nothing, respecting his privacy.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Orcish:
"Thank you. That's how I see it. Others they don't have the same opinion as I do. You don't know him? He's not your friend?"
she subtly nods in Maglin's direction.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Orcish:
"I don't know any of them, rather only minutes longer than I've known you. He seems more genuine then Cain Marco-Cain though. He's soft skinned, I've learned not to judge anything on face value. He can either able to back up his bold words, or he has no idea what lies ahead and will die on the way there. Either way, sounds like could be a useful resource.

What is your motivation for coming here?"


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon laughs heartedly at the speaking stone and Dulkks actions, then follows the others over to the other table - leaving Emily to watch over the collective goods.
He follows the conversation with wide eyes and steady-moving tail. Mostly focusing the scorpion (and its disappearance) while keeping the female human within the corner of his eyes.
As the discussion comes to undead and the control over them he seems to flinch, barely more than a low hiss between the teeth.
It needs some time for him to actually say something on the matter though.
"But why? There are other means to summon allies to your side-miii?
Less ... brutal ones-chhr.
Why forcing the dead into endless slavery-grrrch?"

He does not seem to be actually angry, rather ... unable to understand.
Judging by the sounds he appends to his sentences, the worst of the concept seems to be the slavery part for him.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Shrugs and looks to Simon, not paying attention to the fact that he's still speaking in Orc,

Orcish:
"Why not? No one else is using the body and in the end they're ultimately returned the same way they were found. It's a Net Zero change that didn't effect the outcome of their lives but potentially improved the outcome for the person who used it."

Should anyone point out that they can't understand him please assume he would reply in common

Common:
"Ach I dinnae realiza I was doin' that. It's not like there be much harm though. The bodies ain't be doin' much on their own, and in the after she's done they be doin' the same aint they?"


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Once again, Simon cooks his head to the left.
"Whatever you're speaking right now ... I cannot understand you, Duk..."


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Dalkk's for head scrunches in confusion. Finally he catches on, "Ach I dinnae realiza I was doin' that. It's not like there be much harm though. The bodies ain't be doin' much on their own, and in the after she's done they be doin' the same aint they?"


Female Human Seer/Telepath Dual Discipline Psion 4// Spirit Walker Mesmerist 2 ||| HP: 30/30 || AC: 17 | Touch 12 | Flat Footed 15 || FORT: +3 | REF: +3 | WILL: + 10|| INIT: +2 || Power Points 24/27 ||

Orkish. A language spoken by lawless savages and the unrefined. Nothing of any real lasting value had ever been written in it, so Ignatzia had never bothered to learn it. At the moment, this put her at a complete disadvantage compaired to some of the others in the group.

Waiting for an break in the conversation, she looks over to the catfolk and the elf who arrive at the table and asks, "I don't believe I caught either of your names yet either. Would you be so kind as to enlighten me?" She says this with a welcoming and kindly smile.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Simon looks from Dalkk to Vuzi and back again.
"Sooo, it's only their dead bodies-rhrr?
Not their soul-iiii?
Not enslaving their will-iii?
....
That's okay then-prrhrr.
Wasting resources would be against nature-miarr."

Looking to the human, eyes scanning her appearance, before answering her question.
"My name is Simon Blue-Eye.
You're from Cheliax-grrch?
Hows your name and why do you want to go down there-mii?"


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"No not enslafing Deir souls. Dey are a resource that can be used." Vuzi confirms. She smiles at the catfolk her lower tusks gleaming in the light. It's a little creepy.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|
Signifer Ignatzia Thrune wrote:
"I don't believe I caught either of your names yet either. Would you be so kind as to enlighten me?"

Maglin. He extends a hand warily, eying the dwarf. And you are?

Later

It's still not really a good thing to use that resource. It has negative consequences almost always, and relying on negative energy tends to be a bad thing.

But it depends on exactly what you do with them, and how long they're reanimated. If you're clearing out Rappan Athuk, then I don't have a problem. It's not exactly the best thing that we could do, it'd be better if we didn't, but it's still not really bad. Maglin nods at both the catfolk and Vuzi.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi shrugs not really caring what the elf thinks about her skills.

When my pets get in between him and an enemy, he'll be happy enough they were there. He's clearly not spent much time out in the world.


RA T1 | WotR

The sun lights the sky red outside. You catch another group leaving town who looks about as adventury as you all would. They set of into the growing dusk with sure steps and clinking packs and a confident stride.
Another group has formed on the far side of the inn and they seem to be retiring for the night to get a early start on the day. Ysabel clears their tables quickly. The evening rush well begin soon.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Dalkk's head pops up seeing another group getting departing. He jabs Simon gently with his elbows "There be some canaries headed in ta da mine now." He jumps to his feet and back to his original table to gather up his gear in haste before returning. "I could use some comp'nay if anyone cares ta join. Iffin we decide to part t'night you'll find me a very safe distance from the entrance. If nah you'll find me on the return to the inn either tonigh' or on the morrow with news of the canaries. There be little sense in us all followin, but I'm willin' to throw my lot with anyone 'ere"

With that Dalkk hurried to the stables and followed out after the other group, keeping them as far to the horizon as possible. Not trying to be unseen necessarily but being extremely cautious. At the first sign of danger Dalkk will stop, and at the second sign return to safety. His hope is to follow them to see what entrance they use, and to hear if that is met with sounds of obvious failure. It's doubtful he'd go further than he did this morning, as he knows up to that hill crest was safe.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Vell I guess dat group is off. Shall ve vork together on dis venture? A fair share for each?" Vuzi asks Simon and Maglin.

She assumes herself and Ignatzia have already come to an agreement on the venture.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

A fair share for each, agreed. Following behind isn't really my forte, I think I'll stay here and see about getting a room for the night. And a journal. I'd like to keep a written record of our adventures, even though I do not think I shall forget anything of even moderate importance. Maglin stands and grabs his pack, returning to the table and placing it beside his chair.

I've arrived in town only today. Should I stay here, or do any of you know a better place?


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"dis iz de only place. You could try de guard barracks. If you don vant to stay here."


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

That's alright, thanks for the heads up though.


RA T1 | WotR

The night passes peacefully and Dalkk follows the group until they bed down a few miles outside town.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Marco volunteers for first watch


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

After the group he was following starts to make camp Dalkk returns to town at a brisk intentional pace hoping to get back before the stable master is too far gone.

When he returns he retrieves his Alchemist's Lab from its stored place on L'nshpad. He heads back to the Inn with it with hopes that if they are either still awake or easy to stir from their chambers.

Before heading to bed he gets to tinkering. His new potential companions involve some beastie types, so he starts in on making a Pheromone Bolt

Pheromone Bolt DC25 Purchase: 15 Gold / Craft 5 Gold/50 Silver

Progress

Craft Alchemy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

30(Roll)*25(DC)= 750 Silver (Weekly Progress) / 7 (Daily Craft Adjustment) = 107 Silver Daily Progress or 10.7 Gold progress
End Result: 2 Pheromone Bolts crafted and 10 Gold in supplies used.

Satisfied with his better then expected progress Dalkk packs the bolts away and makes his way to bed.

Dalkk would be up quick the next morning hoping that the group has not left without him.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

The next morning Vuzi comes into the common room at the inn for breakfast. She acknowledges those she knows with a nod, and drinks black tea along with eating a very breakfast.

"Eat up. You don know ven a hot meal vill happen again." When the group is assembled she asks. "Vich entrance? Main? Mouth of Doom ? De vell is near de entrance, yes?"


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Nods to Vuzi in return. Bits of breakfast are trapped by his beard as he eats. This of course does not slow him from speaking while chewing. "Oh aye, we'll not be spoiled like this for some time. Te canaries be headed in a differin direction then the public entrance, which means they know a lot more or a lot less then we do." Dalkk reaches for his water which is soon carrying a debris of break fast even further along his beard. After gurgling then swallowing he continues, "I ain't particularly picky aboot which way we go in, but truth be told I feel better about pushing through stone than swamp which makes the common entrance ta most appealin' to my eyes. For my purposes any entrance will do just as fine, I'm not pushing for tha' entrance if others be inclined for another."

His next words are in Orcish. To anyone fluent they might of noticed a pause before he spoke. Last night he slipped into Orc naturally but this time it was intentional.

Orcish:
"I never heard a reason for either of ye ladies being here. I'd like to know the reasons for that so I may sleep better when either of you be on watch. Also.. ya seem to bear yer teeth with a smile. Are ye holding back that part of ye or do ye not have it?


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Orcish:
I was traveling, and heard about the Dungeon of Graves. It sounded like an interesting place to find relics and magic items. I don't know what her reason is. She said she had a reason and would split things fair. That was good enough for me. I don't know much about my orc side. I tried to avoid those green monsters as much as possible.
It's been a problem in some towns and villages. I don't smile there.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Orcish:
"what I mean to say is if it is needed can you practiced at being big and scary, or should we look to another if we feel the need to to intimidate someone to our wishes?"

Up til now Dalkk's tone, monotonous as it always is, was casual. His brow furrows beneath well used goggles. He turns to face Vuzi and his tone becomes much more direct.

orcish:
"Would you be willing to swear to your god that you mean no one in this campaign any harm and should that change you will be honorable enough to do so directly without false pretense?"


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Swamps sound particularly unappealing, I suggest we go the main road. Perhaps others will have gone ahead, and the first sections will give us a chance to adapt. As good as our plans may be, they will be improved by some real experimentation. Maglin again does not eat, but sits at the table with the rest of you all the same.

Is that orcish? I must confess I do not speak that language, as I can only learn so much. His tone is neutral, not prying.


RA T1 | WotR

Feel free to continue morning RP as you will in spoilers or tagged as "earlier" or something like that. For now, I have an itch to get moving. :)

The party sets out early and makes good time to the Dungeon of Graves. You crest the last hill and again the complex comes into view. In stark contrast to the lush greenery of the hills lies a large sunken graveyard laid out in the shape of a cross. Rather than towering above the ground, the graves have settled into depressions, and the main mausoleum, a building of strange green stone, rests in the deepest depression some 40 ft. below the ground on which you now stand. At the other end of the grave-filled hollow stands what appears to be a stone well. There are no gravestones near it. The normal sounds of wildlife are gone, and large carrion birds circle overhead. An ominous silence rests about the place. Each of you knows in your heart that you have found the legendary dungeon of Rappan Athuk. And though none dare speak it, you wonder if you will live to return to the warmth of hearth and home.
You then notice that you've had that exact same feeling before and wonder if it's some kind of magic or if this place just happens to prick that part of the subconscious...

Welcome to the "Front Door"! I have provided a map under RA T1 Let me know where you explore first.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Before We Leave

Vuzi stands up, and slaps her hands on the table making the dishes rattle. She snarls at Dalkk both tusks showing.

Orcish:
"I don't see you asking anyone else if they mean harm to others. Just because I'm a half-orc and have an affinity for the dead doesn't mean I'm going to do you harm."

She waves her arm toward the others.

Orcish:
You know nothing about any of these people. You don't know why there are going down into that evil place. They all have their own reasons. They might plan to use you and leave you down there. Go ahead and ask them to swear on their god they don't mean you harm."

She taps her chest. "I plan to do right by all of vu. But you vill haf to trust." She puts her pack on her shoulder grabs her spear and walks out the door to wait for the rest of the group.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Earlier at the Inn

Jumps back in his chair, making it scrape on the floor. Any less well made and it'd of broken. His eyes widen as snarling half orc shouts. He stays tight lipped as she stands and walks away. It takes a minute even after Vuzi storms out before he can relax. He makes a note to speak to her later, but is fairly accustomed to people having a negative reaction if he's allowed to speak too long.

Dalkk turns his attention to the last of his breakfast, smearing the remains left on his dish and licking his fingers clean. He replies casually "Aye i'tis Magsy. I ne'er met anoder Dwarf ta' do it, an I 'ad little choice at the start, but I fell in widda greenies big and small decades ago. 'Ard for me not to fall back into tha' tongue now.
I may a spoken more in gobbo then dwarf by now."
He tosses back the rest of his drink and belches just after the cup returns to the table. He wipes his mouth and reflects while picking his teeth. After a moment or so passes he speaks again. "I need to see a man about some goats..."

Later at Dungeon of Graves

[b]"Blast dese stubborn flea ridden beasts!" He pulls on the leather cords trying to force the goats along. Chickens bawk in their cheap read cages strapped to L'Nshpad as his haunches move left to right. He tires the goats off to L'nshpad's harness and works his way into the sunken graveyard. He stays away from the door, leaving that for those with more expertise in traps, but studies the strange green stone itself and compares it to that of the other buildings.

Perception w/ Stonework: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Will respond to the fluffy RP later.

As they near the graveyard, Maglin touches his eyes. Conspectu, he utters firmly, and they turn a soft blue color.

In general you can assume the first thing I'll do is detect magic. Empty room? Detect magic. Chest that might be trapped? Detect magic. Closed door? Detect magic.

He walks slowly behind the others, approaching the gravestones to the northwest warily. Come on, let's see these side buildings first. Maybe they've got something interesting in them, maybe not, but we'll be better off knowing for sure. Maglin bravely takes a single step forward before stopping in his tracks. I shouldn't lead the way.

Maglin's journal entry #1:

[i]4th of Reth-

I've encountered a rather motley crew who will accompany me. I stood before an inn full of people and requested adventurers. "The kind you would find in a storybook", I said, but that is not who I have received.

The first individual with whom I struck up a conversation was a dwarf named Dalkk Windukslagdam. His first action that I witnessed me was to throw a fish across the room, and his second was to kiss my hand and call me a woman. I suspect he is more at home in a dark cave than drinking at an inn. He claims to have skill in the alchemical sciences, and has a creature which I would describe as a geko of the jungles which has been greatly enlarged. In any case, he stalks now after another gathering of adventurers which marches to its doom.

I still wonder if that is what will befall us. Perhaps, perhaps not.

The second man I met was the one who received the fish. Or perhaps that is not the right choice of words, for it was a partner of his that ate the fish. Both are cats, one large and four legged, the other like a man. Hisses and chitters punctuate the end of his sentences; it is quite at odds with his seemingly gregarious nature. He ordered me a glass of milk. Next I shall be given a bone from a dog, to gnaw on in the dark.

I have always loved the dark more than the light. But if I emerge from this dungeon alive I doubt I will continue to find solace in shadows. Perhaps I shall bathe once more in the light?

Another man stood by, Cain he was called. He spoke few words and appeared unarmed, yet he mentioned a blade. Perhaps it is hidden, and tomorrow we shall see his weapon for the first time? I certainly hope he is more free with his steel than with his wit.

At this time a talking rock walked over to us and introduced himself. "Shall we be comrades in arms and fight against the darkness?" He asked, "shall we carve our names in the great annals of history, our stories being told generation after generation?" His master he introduced as a psion of might and prestige, yet she did not seem to feel that way about herself, resting her face in her palms. Yet that rock still cried, "what say you?"

I do not know what I could say. What this dungeon will do to us, what we will do to it, that is for the future.

We still needed a healer, and the psionically talented woman was talking to one. Fortune smiles on us still, it seems. A half orc woman, she has a rather thick accent. I cannot quite place it with full confidence, but it hints of Ustlav. As does her ability to raise and command the undead. I was alarmed at first, though I did not let that on, but now I feel oddly secure. Our purpose is just, if we produce a little evil along the way it is worth it. She is the last member of our company, which makes us six.

There can be no turning back now.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi moves along staying upwind of the animals. "Ve vill haf every volf vithin five miles on us vith those animals."

She studies the sunken area around the "entrance". De side buildings might be a gud place for a temporary base camp."


Female Human Seer/Telepath Dual Discipline Psion 4// Spirit Walker Mesmerist 2 ||| HP: 30/30 || AC: 17 | Touch 12 | Flat Footed 15 || FORT: +3 | REF: +3 | WILL: + 10|| INIT: +2 || Power Points 24/27 ||

IMPORTANT MECHANICS PLEASE READ:

Alright, I have some things that will pretty much always be active on my character, so I'm including them here right now, as opposed to having to constantly bring them up. That way, if I mention them in combat, you'll know what I'm talking about.

* Unless I specify otherwise- I will always have the shadow splinter mesmerist trick implanted on myself. If I use it in combat, always assume I re-implant it on myself once combat is over.

I've used up a daily use of my mesmerist tricks to implant one on myself for this day already.

* Unless specified otherwise, my psicrystal will be on my shoulder, and knows to warn me- and everyone else- if someone unknown is sneaking up on us. It will not be subtle about this, but will use telepathy if I have my mind link power up.

The ability that lets the psicrystal see is worded as follows:

Sighted: (Ex)

Although it has no physical sensory organs, a psicrystal can telepathically sense its environment as well as a creature with normal vision and hearing. Darkness (even supernatural darkness) is irrelevant, as are areas of supernatural silence, though a psicrystal still can’t discern invisible or ethereal beings. A psicrystal’s sighted range is 40 feet.

This also means I get the effects of the alertness feat active by default, increasing my perception modifier to +11.

* I will always take the time to restore my psionic focus after combat is over unless for whatever reason I specify that Ignatzia chooses not to. In don't see this ever coming up but there you go.

* If I'm using a hypnotic stare on a creature and it takes damage at any time, I will always choose to activate my painful stare ability for the round and the creature will take an extra 2 damage. This happens once per round.

Later, this gets better for damage specifically I deal, but right now it just makes sense to use it at the earliest possible opportunity.

*Out of combat while in the dungeon, I have the Detect Psionics power active as long as I am capable of concentrating. If I pick up a magical/psionic aura, I will stop to investigate unless there is a more pressing matter to attend to (not dying, running away, saving a team mate, combat, etc) unless I specify otherwise.

*My crossbow is by default loaded with a silver bolt. I will indicate what I use to reload when/ if the time comes.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Ignatzia's smile faded slowly as she watched the events of the group unfolding as she was eating her breakfast. The fact that the group had already begun to break into infighting was troublesome- the fact that she could only speculate as to the cause of the infighting made it even worse. I suppose orcish does have a use after all- a language to speak when you don't want your superiors to know what you are saying.

I'll have to learn it some time.

Otherwise, she felt no need to bring the group to heel- yet. The clumsiness of this was outputting, but she knew that was how thing worked in the shackles. If it continued, she would intervene then.

While Dakk nearly falls over, Ignatzia remains motionless. Facing down a literal devil tends to steel ones nerves to more trivial things, and the half orc's outburst has no visible effect on her. However, afterwards, Ignatzia takes a moment to address the group, still smiling. "She is right after all- if we don't have some level of trust among each other, it will go rather poorly for us in this expedition.

"On that note- I figure you all ought to know why I'm here. My interest in Rappan Athuk is mostly scholarly. Some time ago an army entered the dungeon, and never left. I've heard several rumors about that army, and they are not particularly pleasant ones. I'm here to investigate them."

She goes back to eating her breakfast without further comment- she hopes its enough to get the others to divulge there own reasons for coming to this place.

later

When she had heard of the dwarf's plan to heard goats into the dungeon ahead of them, she had to excuse herself for several minutes due to uncontrollable laughter. There is cleverness in chaos indeed! The best part is that it could actually help us! The laughter at the absurdity of it was genuine and refreshing.

Her rock spent some time monologing to the goats as they traveled up road to the dungeon of graves itself. She doesn't even bother to stop it- the entire situation clearly amuses her to no end.

"Vuzi, if we are unable to handle a pack of wolves, than we're already as good as dead considering where we are heading." She says with a smile. Throughout the trip, she's more than willing to make small talk with the other members of the company.

As the dungeon of graves comes in sight, however, her expression hardens as she unclips the heavy mace she wears at her side and adresses the others. "Before we go any further- I have power to scry behind sealed doors, around corners, and the like. I can even give us a complete overhead view of the area, to see if anything is waiting to ambush on top of that hill." She points to the dungeon in the distance.

"I can't do this often- but avoiding an ambush seems to be a wise idea. Alternatively, Araquiel here-"

"Thats me! The psicrystal enthusiastically interrupts.

"-can climb up and investigate the area. It probably won't be seen, especially if one of you can make it invisible. Whatever choice we prefer, I strongly recommend some sort of scouting before we climb up there."


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Speaks up, barely turning his head from the intriguing stone work, "If yer lovely little friend there can drink a potion or if Choon says extracts can be oils for these purposes than I can vanish it. Choose careful though, I cannae do it but once a day, and that limits what else I can do as to boot."


Female Human Seer/Telepath Dual Discipline Psion 4// Spirit Walker Mesmerist 2 ||| HP: 30/30 || AC: 17 | Touch 12 | Flat Footed 15 || FORT: +3 | REF: +3 | WILL: + 10|| INIT: +2 || Power Points 24/27 ||

"In that case- it would probably be best for me to use the first option- it should work best considering how much of an area there is to cover. If everyone would wait before hesding up the hill or wandering off- this shouldn't take long."

The psion takes off her pack and places it on the ground before sitting down, using the rather stuffed satchel as a back rest as she crosses her legs and closes her eyes. A soft hum can be heard from her, although her lips make no movement. More noticeable perhaps is the fact that her closed eyes seem to have something glowing underneath them.

"If you all could keep watch while I do this, it would be appreciated."

Using Clairvoyant Sense, costs 3 power points, with the "obvious location" being "above the top of the hill that's in front of me.". Pereferably as close to 20 feet off the ground as I can get it. Having the invisible sensor where the letters "G-1" are seems about right.

Will update power points later, but I have 24 remaining now.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"I cannot help vith the small rock's invisibility. Araquiel is it? Nice name little one. " Vuzi murmurs. She studies things from a distance.

"Your power that can scry. Is it a limited resource or can you do it any time you vish?" she asks Ignatzia.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Female Human Seer/Telepath Dual Discipline Psion 4// Spirit Walker Mesmerist 2 ||| HP: 30/30 || AC: 17 | Touch 12 | Flat Footed 15 || FORT: +3 | REF: +3 | WILL: + 10|| INIT: +2 || Power Points 24/27 ||

"It is limited, but not extremely so. I feel like the situation warrants it." Ignatzia replies as she begins to focus on what can be learned from the scrying sensor.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

perception for the scrying sensor


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Several hours earlier:

After a short night of sleep Simon gets up, packs his stuff and heads down to get a breakfast.
When Vuzi slams the table and starts a shouting, Simon (and Emily) jumps nearly two feet into the air in surprise, both starting to hiss until the situation clearly calms down. With a stern gaze at Dalkk, Simon asks:
"What did you say to her-iii?
Now she's mad at you - and maybe us in extension-grr!"

As Ignatzia tells them about her intention, Simon seems to listen closely. As she ended he nods - but his face is clearly thoughtful.
"Maybe that's true after all. Hope the best, prepare for the worst it is then."

+++ later during travel +++
"I don't think I like this-rhhrr. Taking those poor animals into such a terrible place with us, to die for us-frchrr.
I could just summon animals to scout for us-iii?
Sure they probably would have been eaten by now, if someone else bought them ... Doesn't make it feel any better if you ask me-grii."

After a possible discussion, Simon will fall behind to march alongside the giant lizard, which is quite awkward, as Simon had eaten his (much smaller) kind on various occasions in the past.
He tends to the animals as beat as he can, playing a simple melodie on his bone flute for them and petting them in an attempt to calm them down.

As they finally arrived at their destination, Simons pose varies. His body tightens and he half crouches - like a spring, ready to leap up.
As he talks, his voice is low, only slightly more than a whisper. "Shall I scout the buildings or check the door for traps or ways to open it first?"


Black Pantheress | Status: Shield Companion, AF: Bull&Tiger | AC:26|15|21, HP:72/72, CMD: 33(Grab:37), Saves (F|R|W): 10+1|12+1|6+1(+4 vs. Enchantment), Perception: +10(14), Initiative +5, Skirmish-Tricks: 6/6

Emily stands beside Simon, her pose not unlike that of her master - ready and watchful.
If you special attention to her, you may notice that her eyes have changed. No longer the slid-eyes of a cat, they are now much more akin to that of a bird of prey, maybe that of a falcon.

Small reminder that she has animal focus: Falcon active for +4 perception bonus. I can keep one af going on her qt every time and change it as a quick action.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17
Simon Blue-Eye wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

As they finally arrived at their destination, Simons pose varies. His body tightens and he half crouches - like a spring, ready to leap up.
As he talks, his voice is low, only slightly more than a whisper. "Shall I scout the buildings or check the door for traps or ways to open it first?"

Earlier

"It's naught anything I said, is what she heard. I misunderstanding I'll mend later.

Later
"In a moment lad, ye should do that once her eyes clear up and she says go. Til then just stay sharp."


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Morning fight

Maglin says nothing, and looks slightly uncomfortable.

Ignatzia wrote:
"On that note- I figure you all ought to know why I'm here. My interest in Rappan Athuk is mostly scholarly. Some time ago an army entered the dungeon, and never left. I've heard several rumors about that army, and they are not particularly pleasant ones. I'm here to investigate them."

I myself have also heard of that army, but, like you, know nothing of its ultimate fate. I don't think it's knowledge that can be acquired outside the dungeon.

As for me, I'm here for personal reasons, mostly. Normally when Maglin speaks he is clear and precise, adressing just one person who he looks in the eyes. But for a moment he doesn't look at anyone. Always wanted an adventure, never wanted to die, now the scales are different. He looks back up, speech returning to its usual patterns. And money. If I could get a big room full of gold and go back home, I think I might. He nods once, punctuating the end of the thought, and stands up before anyone can question him further. Off to make some last minute purchases, but I'll back shortly.

On his swift return Maglin has a lighter purse and a new crossbow. I hope I don't have to use this, but I only have so much magic in a day and am bound to run out from time to time.

Let me just place my pack on L'nshpad and then we can be off.

Later

Simon wrote:

"I could just summon animals to scout for us-iii?

Sure they probably would have been eaten by now, if someone else bought them ... Doesn't make it feel any better if you ask me-grii."

Is it because you aren't fulfilling a vital need by killing them? And someone else is now hungry and looking for a different goat to kill?

Even later

I've memorized an invisibility spell for today, but only one. Let me know if you think you need it.

Maglin waves his hands about rather oddly, as though he's drying off with a towel. Vitari protectum he says, hands glowing faintly. He taps the air around him at various points, and it seems as though there's now a shell around his chest and head.

He loads his crossbow, carefully avoiding pointing it at anyone he doesn't want to shoot. Ready to fight.

There is a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

51 to 100 of 3,161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Choon presents All's Well that Ends in a Well: A Rappan Athuk Deathtrap All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.