All's Well that Ends in a Well

Game Master Choon


251 to 300 of 3,155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

For the purposes of the quoted section Dalkk's thoughts will be represented in blue italics

Simon Blue-Eye wrote:

Time for some 'marking' :-)

Seeing as things start to devolve into a maze quickly, he sets down his
backpack and produces a set of small vials with different colors.
"Stop for moment friends-purr. My race has developed a technique to ...
mark people, objects and places with a special smell only we can detect-meow. I tink yer people's 'technique' to mark things isnae to unique Blue
I want to mark everyone of you Brigh's gears! Is he fixin' to pee on us? as well as every special place down here with
some markain't too many bushes and trees down here, so I will be able to find my way around even if we loose us or the
way. The alchemists of my folk have even developped several, slightly
different smells for different meanings like shelter or danger-miaur.did the lad bring along asparagus?
The smell can only be detected by a Catfolk and within 30 feet - or more if the
situation is beneficial. Yup, definitely brought asparagus. Don't fear, it can be washed off with water if you
want to I aint washin' any extra fer no one, but I guarantee you, you will not smell anything-purr. Meh -
Asparagus ain't that bad

I suggest that I mark some part of your cloths or equipment rather than your
skin, so you can wash yourself waste o' time without loosing the mark - those things are
not cheap-miahh."

After everyone agreed (or not everyone?) Simon starts to mix some of the vials
together, then adds one of his whiskers and shakes the vial around. It shortly
becomes blue (the same color as Simons eyes), before turning back to colorless.
He will one or two drops of the liquid on Emilies armor and everyone willing,
at a location of their choosing.Oooooooooohhhhhhh

After seeing the first few doses applied he takes a large bolt of cloth and begins cutting strips into it save for the very end of one side. He ties the strips into knots to keep them from fraying further. He balls it up for Simon to apply the secret marking scent to it. He fastens the uncut end like an armlet just above his elbow, hidden behind the wooden bracer. He shows the piece to Simon. "If I somehow git split from the rest of them, I'll start pullin' dees purple strips off and be droppin' them. I won't be leavin' the last bit behind, if ye find that then know I dinnae do it"

After finishing up with Simon he steps what most would consider uncomfortable close to Ignatzia. He starts searching her with his eyes, moving his hands to pat at her bag "Lady Iggy, do ye' think ye' precious little friend could come oot an play awhile? Maybe she can see wha' lies ahead? If'n she dinnae mind that is?"


RA T1 | WotR

The party goes left on a whim and the worked passage opens into a small room. On the far end, near an archway leading to a passage beyond, rests a coffin without a lid. There is nothing in the coffin, having been looted long ago.
The chamber beyond ends in a cave-in. You could dig through, but the experts present estimate that it would take a week to dig out and stabilize any kind of passage through the rubble.

The party heads back, making a note of the cave in, and goes right. The next room is strewn with bits of bones and loose dirt. A cool breeze blows by, and whispering can be heard off in the darkness. This room has several small piles of bones looted from the graveyard above. The air is drafty and rather fresh. A search of the bones (DC 5 Perception) reveals a rat corpse that has been eaten as if by acid and has some residual green slime.

Kn:dungeoneering DC 14:
This dungeon peril is a dangerous variety of normal slime. Green slime devours flesh and organic materials on contact and is even capable of dissolving metal. Bright green, wet, and sticky, it clings to walls, floors, and ceilings in patches, reproducing as it consumes organic matter. It drops from walls and ceilings when it detects movement (and possible food) below.

Perception DC 10:
You find 22cp that must have been ignored by previous parties.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

know (engineering): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
know (dubgeoneering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Marco blocks anyone from entering before pointing at the walls "green slime, not something I want to tangle with if I don't have to"


RA T1 | WotR

To be clear, it's just a little bit. It's not a threat unless you go and touch it. It's also a mystery as to where it came from.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 +2 vs poison

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Maglin offers an arm to Simon, letting the scent mark his sleeve, following along after the others.

He stiffens at the sounds of whispering coming from the breezy room. Who could it be? They may have already seen us by our light, I suggest throwing a glowing pebble or bit of bone forward into the dark, as far as we can. He moves his hands forward, ready to act on his suggestion.

Maglin notices the coins but does not pick them up, afraid to make too much noise before they've investigated further.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi looks at Dalkk. "Are vu going to send a goat or a chicken through to see vat happens?" She has her spear out. "Ve can rush through the room to de other side."


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Cain throws a rock


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Auto succeed the perception
After following the left way, Simon carefully scans the newest room.
Something acid ate those things ...
Just as he is about to scan for the origin, Marco points it out already.
"We should take care to look up in the ways ahead of us-meow.
Don't want it's big brother to drop down on you and eat you-frchh!"

As the whispers are getting more intense he carefully approaches the end of the room, sniffing the air. Small reminder that I have 30ft scent, that allows me to detect invisible and pinpoint them with a move action. The range doubles/halves according to possible wind direction.
As the rock is tossed Simon crouches low and follows the tumbling stone carefully with his eyes.
If nothing happens (which I guess), he will nods in the direction of the tunnel.
"Shall I go ahead now? Careful and silent-iii?"


RA T1 | WotR

Nothing happens to the stone and nothing happens to Simon.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Well I'll push a bit ... probably my luck, but whatever xD
"Looks good guys. I'll take
lead ... but don't let me all alone-meowi."

Simon advances the seemless empty corridor, carefully taking one step after the other he
advances silently. Every couple of meters he stops for a moment to listen and smelling the air.
Perception +11: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Stealth +15: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24


Black Pantheress | Status: Shield Companion, AF: Bull&Tiger | AC:26|15|21, HP:72/72, CMD: 33(Grab:37), Saves (F|R|W): 10+1|12+1|6+1(+4 vs. Enchantment), Perception: +10(14), Initiative +5, Skirmish-Tricks: 6/6

Emily follows Simon with a decent distance, never letting him completely out of her scent range.
Stealth +8: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


RA T1 | WotR

Nothing meets Simon as he enters the next room. Broken candelabras and a worm-ridden red carpet have been left long ago by the undertaker in this viewing room. There is a wooden casket in the center of the room that has had its once decorative silver trim rudely pried off. There is nothing of interest in this room. The casket is empty.

Simon proceeds slowly down the steps leading away from the empty room.
1d6 + 1d3 + 1d20 ⇒ (6) + (1) + (20) = 27
Awww. Lucky kitty
About half way down Simon steps down and the stair instantly gives way! His foot slides past metal and down, sinking him nearly up to the knee! He reflexively pulls back and feels the pinch of sharp metal cutting on his skin. Downward facing spikes have dug into him, trapping him!
The small size of the trap makes removing the limb alone nearly impossible. The spikes themselves must somehow be removed along with the limb to avoid massive damage.

Simon, Fort DC 17 or:

Poison! frequency 1/rd. for 6 rds.; effect 1d2 Str; cure 1 save
first round: str damage: 1d2 ⇒ 2


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

50-50!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 I'm a tough cat! No reflex save to avoid?
A shout of pain elapses the Catfolk as he falls for the trap."Ayahhfrchhrr!"
A short moment of blurr follows, before he sees clear again. The stench of
poison is obvious to his trained nose, but he trusts his body to handle that.
He quickly calls back to the group, preventing them of a blind rush. There may
be more traps around after all.
"Carefuly-meow. Trap-Steps!
I have fallen for one with spikes in it-frchhrr!
I could need some help to get out of it ... but advance with care-rrrrhhh."

Worse are the metal spikes. Removing those will probably be a real pain.
Until the others are closing in, he carefully examine the trap. Maybe theres a
way to disassemble it alltogether, elevating the need to dislodge the spikes.
Having Craft traps and lots of points in Disable Device, that could work?


Black Pantheress | Status: Shield Companion, AF: Bull&Tiger | AC:26|15|21, HP:72/72, CMD: 33(Grab:37), Saves (F|R|W): 10+1|12+1|6+1(+4 vs. Enchantment), Perception: +10(14), Initiative +5, Skirmish-Tricks: 6/6

As Simon cries out in pain, Emily rushes forward with a wide jump that carries her through half the newly discovered room.
When his voice sounds up again, she calms down and advances the rest of the way more slowly - her teethes are tight-clenched though.

After she reaches the still sunk-in Simon, she folds her paws into a fist and slightly boxes his head with it.
It is like she wants to say "Stupid Simon. Can't you watch your steps?!"


RA T1 | WotR

I will allow a Disable Device DC 25 to break the stone around the spikes enough to draw your leg out with them and prevent damage. If you fail by 5 or more take 1d3 damage and save vs the poison again as another poisoned spike jabs you.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Seeing a possibility to get out of the trap, Simon offers a quick prayer to Gozreth lend a little of his favor casting guidance, +1 on next skill check and prepares his well-stocked set of tools.
He then turns to the party.
"I could use a steady hand here-meow.
Dulkk, would you help me-iii?
I just need you to hold this little spring in its place with this hook.
That's really all ... But please, hold it in place-purrr."

Aid another +2. Dalkk should auto pass the dc 10. Maybe someone else wants to help. Just pushing things a bit. Feel free to retcon the fluff there as you see fit.
Get-the-f!@~-out-of-there!: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 24
Ohhh, you're kidding! I'm still stuck ... But at least my leg is still in one piece as well.
Can I retry this? Otherwise ...
Someone else has a plan?^^


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

I have guidance. Will they stack? Probably not but worth asking. I can give Dalkk the guidance to assist with an Aid another if we want to try again.

Vuzi carefully moves up. She looks at where Simon's leg disappears into the step. "I haf a Reinforced Scarf. ve could try to stuff it down beside your leg and push the spike back."


RA T1 | WotR

You are allowed to try again, yes.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Looks like my earlier post got eaten

Maglin follows after the others, taking a look around the empty room as they pass through it. He kneels down calmly beside Simon, that looks like a complicated version of a quite common trap, normally used to hunt four legged creatures. I'm not sure if there's enough space to get a scarf in, though we might manage by using a stick. Once it's around your leg you need to try to lower yourself so that the scarf gets between the spikes and you. Maglin examines the trap, trying to figure out an easy way to help Simon, The hunting version is buried in the ground and you have to dig it up to get the animal, maybe this one has a dedicated release mechanism?

Can auto succeed at Disable Device aid another, though not sure how many can assist the same task..


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Moves to the front of the pack boldly, pushing one another aside. Dalkk looks down to Simon "Dinnae worry Blue.. ye'll be free soon enough. Maglin we'll need ye as well."

It doesn't sound like he's actually in a pit right? If he is, a DC5 on a knotted rope would be nothing for my +11 Climb, not sure Maglin would be able to make it though.

Dalkk positions Maglin and himself on the side of the steps that have proven true. He puts his hands down the steps along with Maglin. "Yer de expert 'ere Blue, tell us what ta' do."

Maglin can take 10 hit 10 on a 0, I can hit it on a 3

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Edit- OMFG hahaha.... ok Simon you should have +4 from Aid Another now. If you don't feel like you can beat a 5 I can get you 2 more, but I hope you can roll 5 or higher


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

Tossing in a quick roll without fluff.
Study-time with a collegue for coming exams today.

1d20 ⇒ 16
That should be more than enough - lol


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

for the record, that's 16roll+12bonus+1boostfromhimself+4aidanother for a total of 33

He looks over the grey fur leg ”All'n'all nae too bad lookin' Blue.
If ye' feel a’ightvta continue I'll be in ta back"


RA T1 | WotR

Simon's leg is carefully removed from the trap and you all can breathe a sigh of relief. You move on down the stairs after a quick moment to collect yourselves.
Broken furniture is everywhere in the next room, and a skeleton sits in a large chair facing you. Red, poisonous-looking ants crawl all over the skeleton and chair. On the table with the skeleton is a deck of cards. A tapping sound emanates from the hallway.

if you search:
A broken sculpture of a horse rests under some debris in the corner of the room. A DC 10 appraise check reveals
Spoiler:
That it would be worth 25gp if mended


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi looks at the others. "Can vu tell me about the ants>" She studies the sculpture. [b]"This sculpture of a horse could be mended, and worth something. She casts detect magic on the horse.

Appraise: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

What sculpture?

Maglin stays near the doorway, obviously uncomfortable at the sight of a human skeleton. That thing has unsettling teeth.

Take ten on knowledge (nature) for a result of 24

We could try to deal with the ants using a bomb, since I've got plenty in a day and they're not really powerful enough to take down stronger monsters. It'd be loud and set things on fire though, so I suggest we try to carefully avoid them. We're faster than them anyway, I'd guess.

I don't like that tapping, let's throw another rock and see what we can see about it.

Want to search, but not till we're all on the same page.


RA T1 | WotR

The horse could loosely be called a sculpture.
The skeleton is human in spite of the unsettling dentistry.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Upon first mention of the ants Dalkk stops L'nshpad and changes into his Swarm Suit.

Wearing a swarmsuit cuts your speed in half, but gives you DR 10/— against swarms of Fine creatures and DR 5/— against swarms of Diminutive creatures.

He steps forward into the room looking for other exits "Can ye talk ta 'im Vuzi? I dinnae know how that works. Ye should take dat horse too, I tink Maglin can fix it"

Just in case the Skeleton should rise, Dalkk swaps over to his Blunted/Bludgeoning bolts.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

Cain follows the dwarf's lead and grunts, shaping the bone sword into a crude hammer


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"Not unless it's undead. Even then I don't talk, I control. It may just be a skeleton." Vuzi casts Mage Hand and tries to pick up the cards from the table.

Is the horse, cards or skeleton radiating magic?

She will pick up the horse and tuck it into her backpack.


RA T1 | WotR

None are magical

The cards easily lift from the table and float over. A couple stiff shakes dislodge the ants that came along for the ride before you have to touch the cards.


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

I bet Vuzi could fix it more easily than me using the same spell which fixed my pants.

Take ten giving an appraise result of 19.

Maglin places the horse on L'nshpad, should be worth roughly twenty five gold, give or take a few silvers and depending on the buyer. That's what something of that quality would normally sell for, at any rate.

Just to be clear the knowledge check was for the ants.

Maglin looks around for the source of the ants, keeping his distance from the skeleton. I want to poke it, he says, grinning like a fool. He chuckles, I just want to know that I can. If no one stops him, he reaches out and pokes the skull in the forehead stiffly, watching it wobble.

I suggest we move on.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Vuzi examines the cards. "Vat do ve have?"


RA T1 | WotR

The ants, though looking poisonous, are meekly mimicking a more deadly species. They're are also not given to agressive swarming. They appear to be picking the last scraps off of the skeleton.


RA T1 | WotR

Vuzi, DC 18 Fort save or:
Poison!
frequency 1/rd. for 6 rds.; effect 1d2 Str; cure 1 save


RA T1 | WotR

The deck is a normal playing deck. The top card is the ace of spades. As soon as you touch it you start to feel funny...


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

really wish detect poison was on my powers list
"orc-er Vusai? you ok?"


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Vuzi shrugs. "Poison I think. Nuthink to vorry about. I am able to withstand it." She tucks the cards away. "I think ve have seen everything here. Shall ve follow de sounds in the hallvay."


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

After finally escaping the hideous trap, the Catfolk thanks Maglin and Dulkk with a quick (fluffy) hug. His eyes are near-glowing with the joy of another mastered adventure. Then he bows down to Emily and tickle her under the chin which causes her to near-immediately start to pur.
"It's fine-purrpurrr.
While I somehow overseen it,
I was quick enough to evade the worst of it.
Lets continue-meow!"

In the next room, filled with a skeleton and fake-fire-ants, Simon is oddly quiet. He seems to feel uneasy and only exhales after Vuzi steps back from the poisonous-cards.
"Do you also have the feeling like every room, every step down here holds a danger-iii?
And if there is no obvious one, you feel even more in danger than before....
Aye, let's go on.
I'll take lead again, my leg is better again-meow."

Sneaky-Kitty: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Or actually not-so-sneaky at all, lol


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Vuzi, I don't think it's a good idea to take those cards unless they're worth something, which I don't think they are. At the very least do something to try to remove the poison. Maglin looks quite uncomfortable, and pokes the skeleton again, this time significantly harder. He watches the skull tilt backwards and fall, a look of silent horror crossing his face before it lands not so silently on the ground.

Oops.


RA T1 | WotR

1d20 ⇒ 17

Nothing comes to greet you as a result of Maglin being a fool of a human.

As you exit you find what's making that tapping noice. Water drips into a shallow pan here just out of sight. It's almost like someone wanted to make the room creepier after the fact. As you approach the hall...

perception DC 20, if the first two people in line fail...:

Pit trap! Reflex DC 20 to avoid falling 20 feet and taking 2d6 falling damage. If the both the first two people in line fail they both fall!


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Rabbit Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Just wanted to see if I got to read the spoiler before going to bed. Calling an early night as I'm a bit sick, though it's nothing to worry about.


Male Catfolk Hunter 8 UC Rogue 4 || Defenses (-2AC/CMD/R if surprised): AC:22|17|/, HP:57/57, CMD: 23, Saves (F|R|W): 10|13(+1vs traps)|6 || Other: Ini+5, Perception: +14 (Traps/Ambushes+2, 30ft Scent) || Ressources: AF:8/8, Spells: 1st:5/6 | 2nd:5/5 | 3rd:2/2 || Effects: -

"Hmm, it's just water dropping down from the ceiling-meow.
No ... endless wave of rats and spiders or anything-mii.
This place is weird..."

Notice a Trap I guess, so +1 from Trapfinding: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 = 24

Just before entering the hall, Simon stops dead (mid-sentence), then takes a few careful steps back, while holding out both hands.
"Stop, trap again-grrchh.
Looks like a simple pit."

Can one make out the size of it, and can we circle around or do we need
to think a bit to get over it?


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

Maglin is an elf...which I think of him as a human.

If it really us just a simply pit all we have to do is use a large object to poke in front of us with, or if we don't have one we can throw something heavy, like the chair from the previous room.


Male (M) Elan soulknife (shielded blade) 6/aegis (abarent) 3
passive defenses:
DR 2/- Saves Fort +7 reflex +6 will 10 AC 25 ff 23, t 13) CMD 12

"yes, but how will we cross the room"


Active Effects, limited use abilities:
Active Effects: Mage armor 4 hours, shaken (sheltered drawback) | Bombs 5/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Shift 7/8 | Cognatogen 1/1 |
Familiar stats:
Initiative +3 | HP:15/15 Fast Healing 5 when attatched| AC16 (Touch 15, FF 13), | CMD 9 (+4 vs trip) | Fort 1 Ref 5 Will 5 | Perception +7, SM +0|
Defensive stats:
Initiative +16 | HP:9/30 0 nonlethal | AC14[17] (Touch 13[17], FF 11 [14]), +2 from familiar | CMD 14 | Fort 4 Ref 5 Will 5 (+2 vs ench spells & effects; +2 vs poison)(Immune: Sleep)| Perception +8, SM +1|

One of us jumps over with a rope. That seems like the easiest way to get across without using up any spells. We could also ride L'nshpad, right? Maglin looks at Dalkk for confirmation.


RA T1 | WotR

The pit is 10' wide across the entire hall, so it's not avoidable. You could jam it shut with a DC 20 disable device.


Character Image Female half-orc oracle 8/sorcerer (tattooed sorcerer) 4/gestalt 4 | N Medium humanoid Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Per +9 AC 24, T 16, FF 19 hp 68/68 | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; Defensive Abilities sacred tattoo[APG]; DR 5/lethal; Immune disease, sickened; Resist cold 5

"I haf a piton and rope. I do not plan on jumping across dis pit. Unless Simon can disable de trap?" she digs around in her back and pulls out a couple of pitons and rope.


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

Catches up after changing back out of his swarm suit so he can move at full speed once again. "Aye we could Magsy, but it be slow going at that. Tis fine fer one way, but if we should have any desire to all run back hastily across it we'll be want'n it out of the way fer good I think. It dinnae look as nasty as ta one on ta stairs either. Let's give Simon a hand."

He pauses for a moment and looks to Vuzi. He speaks in

Orc:
"Ye shouldn't of run off earlier. Keep that rope handy, if this were any more difficult we'd need it, and I don't think things will be any easier going forward.

He puts his hand on Maglin's elbow and walks next to Simon who is likely already calculating what must be done.

Both Maglin and I can hit 10 for Aid Another by rolling a 0. This grants Simon a +4 on a disable device, which brings him up to +19. This means that he would succeed on a 1, although I didn't see a reply on whether or not Nat 1 is a autofail is Nat 20 isn't autopass on skill checks


RA T1 | WotR

Nat 1's and 20's don't apply to skill checks, no.

The party works together to jam the lid of the trap and they immediately come to a T. Left or right?


Haste +1 Atk/AC [] Mutagen +3 Nat Armor, +4 Dex, -2 Wis [] 50 Min - Heroism, +2 ATK/SV/SK, 50 Min Net Change +6 AC (3T 3FF) +2 CMD, AC 20 CMD 21
Offense:
CMB+6 | +9 Main XBow 1d10 19-20x2 - 5/5 DB | (2x) +8 L XBow2 1d8 19-20x2 - 1) SB 2) PB | +6 Dorn Derger 1d10+3 Rch+Adj | +9 Bombs - 3d4+4 Spl 7 Fire - TF/SI 8/8 TF/FI 2/2 | MTGN Dex 1/1
Defense:
AC:20|T15|FF15 +4 vs Giants | HP: 49/49 | CMD: 20 +4 BullR/Trip | Saves (F|R|W): 8|9|6 +3 Spells/Poisons | Perception: +13 +2 Stonework; 10ft Secret Doors | Init +6 | Alch Save DC 17

I'm hoping no one minds me speaking for the party, but do glowing goats, detect magic/psionics, scent, and a perception check above 20 reveal any hints in either direction?

251 to 300 of 3,155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Choon presents All's Well that Ends in a Well: A Rappan Athuk Deathtrap All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.