Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Fire Snakes

havoc xiii's page

RPG Superstar 2013 Star Voter. 1,223 posts (5,212 including aliases). 6 reviews. No lists. 3 wishlists. 24 aliases.


RSS

1 to 50 of 1,223 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

So essentially Paizo should never make a ruling that some people will dislike because it doesn't promote the most fun for everyone. That is impossible someone will always dislike some decision just like some people have an alergic reaction when the hear the word Whedon.


Godwyn wrote:
I always thought that is part of how he got so far solo, by using it when he was alone. He had the ability from the start, just didn't always use it. Which works well with a strength build as I can 2h for the extra strength and power attack damage when necessary.

Just wanted to point this out he got the unique skill "dual wielding" in the last 6 months of SAO he says this when Klein asks him about it after beating

spoiler:
the blue eyed demon.

I vote for starting the entire Radovan/Varrian series in preparation for his new book.


Hmmm looks interesting....unfortunatly I do not have a DS.


Actually I seem to be pointing out Sutter's books alot today but it seems like it has given the best look at the outer planes so far. Essentially if it has a soul its going to go to one of the planes after being funneled through Pharasma's court first.


Tels wrote:
havoc xiii wrote:
Or you watched too much Wanted and now want to curve bullet(blast).
I've never seen Wanted and have no desire to.

Good, its not worth the time even if it does have Morgan Freeman in it.


Or you watched too much Wanted and now want to curve bullet(blast).


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I hear he leaves the door open to let winter in as well.


Errr I don't own any headbands whose been using my name again!


Slayer


Rhedyn wrote:
Liane Merciel wrote:

Oh man, I hope my PCs never see this thread.

I'm running them through a novel I'm working on right now. ;)

I don't see anything wrong with running through a novel as long as that does not mean player agency is removed.

It's a good way to test your novel. If players would have behaved differently than your main character, it is important to analyse that difference. (It can also be a way to flesh out your world with real people).

I dislike novels where the MC could have said or done one common sense thing in chapter one to solve the main story arch.

One of my favorite books series was clearly an adaptation of his roleplaying group (Half-Orc Series by David Dalglish)

I love his books for exactly that reason.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
LordSynos wrote:
Havoc XIII Shadowbinder wrote:
Stupidity omitted
That's, ah, ... wow. Good luck on very swift job hunt. Jaysus.

I've got one lined up...it's just my current employers don't know it yet :)


Freestuff? I like free stuff.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Grammar Nazi wrote:
Chris Lambertz wrote:

Katina It's a QUESA-dilla.

Katina YOU PUT A LOT OF QUESA IN...

Katina AND THAT'S THE DEAL-AH.

>:(

My spanish blood boils as I read this.

>_<


How did I forget he played bell in Fringe?
R.I.P.
:(


4 people marked this as a favorite.

At least he can use it to stay warm.


Just because of coloration I'd put it as mithrial.


Arachnofiend wrote:
Prince Yyrkoon wrote:
As a player, I'd be more annoyed if the new guys were coming in under geared compared to the party. They won't be able to contribute in encounters that would be a challenge for the preexisting players, which isn't fun for them, and makes the whole party just inefficient. Massive power gaps between players rarely end well, no matter how "fair" they seem at the time.

100% agreed. It boggles my mind that there are players who are so obsessed with the reward itself, especially in a game where funds are used for basic survival rather than doing anything new and interesting, that they are willing to screw the balance of the game to ensure they feel special.

FrodoOf9Fingers wrote:

10k gold isn't going to mess up encounters too badly.

In a different campaign I finished recently, I came in late. Everyone was way over WBL (think a million gold to divide amoungst 5 players at level 4), all had special super powers, and I came in as a normal guy.

I died three times in two sessions :). But I was still able to contribute, even later with a new character in the same situation. I don't understand why people think that lower level/under geared players can't contribute. It makes getting that next piece of gear more satisfying, knowing that you worked so hard for it.

Imma gonna call bull on this entire post. Any character that dies three times in two sessions is a drag on the party, no exceptions.

He did though...he contributed to the casualty lists.


I'd assume so since all the Varrian/Radovan books are written in such a manner as well.

Also I hope you realize this means I have to reread everything from Hell's Pawn again.


I must PURCHASE!!!!!!!!!!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I got all my moneies back...but I also don't really make any moneies either....stupid hospital stupid boss peoples not giving me the promotion.


Do you need to go to the rant thread? In fact...I may head over their pretty soon I' e got one cooking since yesterday.


I Have posted under the wrong alias and I support this message.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
CyraXIII wrote:
havoc xiii wrote:
Soooo.....my wife just had me watch Grave of the Fireflies for the first time ....... Hmmm ..... yep I have sunk to the lowest depressiony depression that ever depressed [Expletive Deleted].
Way to go throwing your dear wife under a bus! You had a choice to watch or not watch the movie you know! In my own defense I did warn you about the level of sadness in the film but nooooo, hubby had to prove how tough he was... :p

No comment. :p


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Baulders Gate....reminds me that I may have to restart Shadows of Amn...stupid Jaheira and stupid romance script.


Fanservice? In SAO...or are you talking about Log Horizon?


Spoiler :
What sources the aunt who wasn't feeding them had decided the were cree loaders and were a burden? The doctor who gave a cursory glance over the girl and says all ahe needs is nutrition...right nutrition when there is none, maybe from their mothe...oh right he watched her die and be thrown on a mass grave and burned. No one offered help the aunt seemed happy enough to let them leave didn't see her crying asking them to stay, hell when the cousin asked what happened she acted like it was all their fault ignoring the fact she is the one who told them to eat seperatly ignoring the fact that he vrought and shared the plums and everything else.

On another note...watch Dye Fantasy...at your own risk....I don't even...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'll have to watch My Neighbor Totoro and all shall be right with the world.


Soooo.....my wife just had me watch Grave of the Fireflies for the first time ....... Hmmm ..... yep I have sunk to the lowest depressiony depression that ever depressed [Expletive Deleted].


1 person marked this as a favorite.
BigNorseWolf wrote:
havoc xiii wrote:

Sooo....your saying I should put away the ACME blender away... ;(

Man no one ever lets me use the giant blender.

Some day it will be the right solution, and they will call you a genius for your foresight :)

Someday....Puts ACME blender back on rickity wagon and begins to walk slowly i to the sunset.


BigDTBone wrote:
havoc xiii wrote:
This specific question? Idk
So, you're trolling then?

Since others mentioned stuff unrelated to the early entry stuff so would I. Besides my avatar is clearly an iron cobra not a troll.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Sooo....your saying I should put away the ACME blender away... ;(

Man no one ever lets me use the giant blender.


This specific question? Idk, but like the "hands" thing and charging people asked questions and when they were given an answer they didn't like it.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I love how people ask and ask and ask for Paizo's ruling on somethig and when Paizo gives an answer it suddenly becomes PAIZO HATES FUN THEY KICKED MY PUPPY THEY ARE BIG MEAN MEANY HEADS WHO HATE ME!!!!!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rhedyn wrote:
TOZ wrote:
chaoseffect wrote:
How many people who aren't on the forums do you think were even affected by the rulings here?
A non-zero number of people that play with the people who ARE on the forums.

I'll be honest, I skyped called with two people to talk about this FAQ, and sent excited messages to all my friends.

None of whom will brave the maw of the paizo forums.

O_o The maw of paizo forums...did they hear about that toothy bag guy?


Read the Redemption Engine By Sutter.Its one of the Pathfinder Tales it has some of my favorite pathfinder curse so far.


Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Mikaze wrote:

Solution: OT3

Redemptive OT3.

I don't know what that means...?

Quote:

Take my words with a grain of salt though. We have two deeply screwed up paladin love triangles going on in our WotR campaign.

Say more, tell how.

Doug M.

It's Mikaze it could be a whole bunch of crazy geometrical problems.


┬┐Que?


Peanut gallery...

I need to get to rereading ya'lls exploits etremly entertaining.


How do you feel about an ifrit kineticist and his oracle/paladin wife?


Hmm so a no on kineticist, oh well guess we shall continue the search for their home.


How do you feel about a hot headed ifrit kineticist and a calm and collected pharasmian oracle/paladin or inquisitor.


RumpinRufus wrote:
137ben wrote:

In the Core Rulebook, Evil is defined as

Quote:
hurting, oppressing, and killing others.
So yes, the paladin does fall for killing the baby orcs, and does not fall for not killing them. It really is that simple.
By that reasoning, a paladin also falls for killing a full-grown red dragon.

You keep saying this but I do not think it means what you think it means.

An adult red dragon is evil it is actively harming and eating people...pretty sure the baby orc was just sleeping. Killing a baby should always be considered evil.


FireclawDrake wrote:
This conversation is now about David Bowie!

One of my favorite movies.

"It's not fair!"
"You say that so often I wonder what your basis for comparison is."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
RumpinRufus wrote:
havoc xiii wrote:
Just because dwarves hate orcs and goblins doesn't somehow make killing babies not evil. Can a dwarf be evil? Doesn't that mean that killing dwarf babies is a good act incase it becomes evil? In fact maybe orcs are the good guys then since apparently dwarves are so evil they kill helpless babies.
Paladins of Torag are sworn to protect dwarfkind and dwarven culture from its enemies. Orcs, goblins, and giants are a direct threat to both of those things.

I remember a very angsty teen acting somewhat like this...turns out he went evil and lost his limbs too.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Just because dwarves hate orcs and goblins doesn't somehow make killing babies not evil. Can a dwarf be evil? Doesn't that mean that killing dwarf babies is a good act incase it becomes evil? In fact maybe orcs are the good guys then since apparently dwarves are so evil they kill helpless babies.


How would you know the baby orcs you are killing are actually evil...I doubt they are level 5 babies...


So a trip to the dentist first...I like where this is going...no anesthesia want you wide and awake for the shows.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Show of hands if any one thinks we should force Freehold to watch everything produced by Whedon and Gundam Wing...whilst stuck in a place where snow and cold are barely even rumors more the ravings of a madman.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

I had trouble recognizing my game...then I relaized I had the book upside down and everything was good with the world once again.

1 to 50 of 1,223 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

©2002–2015 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.