2016 US Election


Off-Topic Discussions

6,601 to 6,650 of 7,079 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Colorado will probably be very close. Model projecting 2.7% Clinton lead from early voting


3 people marked this as a favorite.
RainyDayNinja wrote:
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

Made my one and only concession to lesser evilism:

My mother asked me to bring my retired father to the polls, but I've heard him talking on the phone with his gun club buddies about voting for Trump, so I left him home.

#VoterSuppression2016

To balance it out, I'm going to the parking lot here at work and slashing the tires of the first car I see with a Hillary bumper sticker.

Hey, it's less than a ten minute walk down the street. Not my fault he's to busy fixing his shotgun shell reloader.

Oh, and he just took off his pants.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32, RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:
RainyDayNinja wrote:
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

Made my one and only concession to lesser evilism:

My mother asked me to bring my retired father to the polls, but I've heard him talking on the phone with his gun club buddies about voting for Trump, so I left him home.

#VoterSuppression2016

To balance it out, I'm going to the parking lot here at work and slashing the tires of the first car I see with a Hillary bumper sticker.

Hey, it's less than a ten minute walk down the street. Not my fault he's to busy fixing his shotgun shell reloader.

Oh, and he just took off his pants.

What a party animal!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I guess you better hope they didn't early vote, otherwise your vandalism will be for naught.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32, RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

TriOmegaZero wrote:
I guess you better hope they didn't early vote, otherwise your vandalism will be for naught.

You're right. I better do a couple more to be safe. Thanks for the tip!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CBDunkerson wrote:
MMCJawa wrote:
Especially if he see's folks like Breitbart as competition and just isn't willing to sink to there level to capture the same demographic.

Too low for Glenn Beck's scruples?

That's some scary s*!%.

Probably more like he's been losing mindshare and realizing he can't compete with Breitbart (and the coming of Trump TV), so he's trying to shift into a different market.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Slate's vote projection page is up

Clinton ahead in estimated total thus far in all of the battleground states they are tracking except PA.


Ooooo, final voting results are in from Dixville Notch!:

Clinton: 4 votes
Trump: 2 votes
Johnson: 1 vote
Romney: 1 vote

So, Mitt "Mittens" Romney is beating Stein/Baraka (and Harambe), is tied with Johnson/Weld, and is only 12.5% behind Trump/Pence. Seriously though... If you could write-in any Republican, any at all, why would you choose Mitt?

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32, RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

Pillbug Toenibbler wrote:

Ooooo, final voting results are in from Dixville Notch!:

Clinton: 4 votes
Trump: 2 votes
Johnson: 1 vote
Romney: 1 vote

So, Mitt "Mittens" Romney is beating Stein/Baraka (and Harambe), is tied with Johnson/Weld, and is only 12.5% behind Trump/Pence. Seriously though... If you could write-in any Republican, any at all, why would you choose Mitt?

I saw the picture of the results board. The handwriting looked like "Matt" to me. I don't know who Matt is, but sure, why not?


RainyDayNinja wrote:
Pillbug Toenibbler wrote:

Ooooo, final voting results are in from Dixville Notch!:

Clinton: 4 votes
Trump: 2 votes
Johnson: 1 vote
Romney: 1 vote

So, Mitt "Mittens" Romney is beating Stein/Baraka (and Harambe), is tied with Johnson/Weld, and is only 12.5% behind Trump/Pence. Seriously though... If you could write-in any Republican, any at all, why would you choose Mitt?

I saw the picture of the results board. The handwriting looked like "Matt" to me. I don't know who Matt is, but sure, why not?

Matt Romney could be Mitt's backup that also escaped from the Imagineer's Hall of Presidents.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

The Slate estimates currently stand at;

CO: 46.3% HC / 43.6% DT, 59.8% of expected total observed
FL: 48.6% HC / 45.2% DT, 52.4% of expected total observed
IA: 48.5% HC / 43.5% DT, 33.3% of expected total observed
NV: 46.7% HC / 45.2% DT, 46.2% of expected total observed
OH: 47.9% HC / 43.9% DT, 22.7% of expected total observed
PA: 42.9% HC / 49.9% DT, 3.4% of expected total observed
WS: 52.7% HC / 40.3% DT, 17.3% of expected total observed

Note: These are not vote 'counts'. They are estimates based on data from early voting and exit polls. End results could be very different. For example, Trump is expected to win Iowa despite this estimate showing him 5% behind with a third of the expected total votes considered. If turnout remains high, many of the 'expected totals' may end up being underestimated.

Will be interesting to see how well they did when the actual counts start coming out.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Anyone who ever says "the south shall rise again" should be forced to read the Alabama state constitution aloud.


Knight who says Meh wrote:
Anyone who ever says "the south shall rise again" should be forced to read the Alabama state constitution aloud.

In 4 part harmony.....

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Knight who says Meh wrote:
Anyone who ever says "the south shall rise again" should be forced to read the Alabama state constitution aloud.

Rick Tyler held one of his "Make America White Again" rallies just a little ways from my work.

Turned the whole area into a g&*#%~n Klan rally.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CBDunkerson wrote:
PA: 42.9% HC / 49.9% DT, 3.4% of expected total observed

I got nervous for a second. Then I reread the second half.


Too bad Hilary's mentor, Robert Byrd, died; otherwise he could have gone to the Klan rally.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Norman Osborne wrote:
Too bad Hilary's mentor, Robert Byrd, died; otherwise he could have gone to the Klan rally.

He owned up to and denounced his past Klan involvement. I haven't checked the timelines, but I'd bet all that was before his connections with Hillary. There are contexts where this would be a highly relevant point, but talking about current support from Klansmen isn't really one of them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Berinor wrote:
Norman Osborne wrote:
Too bad Hilary's mentor, Robert Byrd, died; otherwise he could have gone to the Klan rally.
He owned up to and denounced his past Klan involvement. I haven't checked the timelines, but I'd bet all that was before his connections with Hillary. There are contexts where this would be a highly relevant point, but talking about current support from Klansmen isn't really one of them.

Yeah, you should really keep current with objective facts and actual history, Mr. Osborne.


Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Knight who says Meh wrote:
Anyone who ever says "the south shall rise again" should be forced to read the Alabama state constitution aloud.
In 4 part harmony.....

I think I know what my next composition project is. But should it be SATB or TTBB?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pillbug Toenibbler wrote:
]Yeah, you should really keep current with objective facts and actual history, Mr. Osborne.

Bad Pilbug! Don't feed the trolls.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Companion, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Captain Battletoad wrote:
Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Knight who says Meh wrote:
Anyone who ever says "the south shall rise again" should be forced to read the Alabama state constitution aloud.
In 4 part harmony.....
I think I know what my next composition project is. But should it be SATB or TTBB?

I'd say TTBB is more appropriate, but SATB is more inclusive.


No surprises yet...Vermont is being called for Hillary and Indiana and Kentucky for Trump

Lots of states still really close...


MMCJawa wrote:

No surprises yet...Vermont is being called for Hillary and Indiana and Kentucky for Trump

Lots of states still really close...

Ohio, Kentucky, and Virginia for Trump, Clinton holding at just Vermont with most likely North Carolina for Trump as well.

Electoral Count vote... Projection Trump leads Clinton 24 to 3.


Virginia nor Ohio has been called yet on NBC. Most of the urban counties/CD suburbs of Virginia haven't reported any results yet


NBC calls SC for Trump


South Carolina for Trump Electoral score Trump over Clinton 33 to 3.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

So far no surprises... all the states that have been called were 'safe' for the candidate winning them. None of the close battleground states have been called yet.


Lead has turned around Clinton over Trump 75 to 66.


Dems take the Illinois senate from Republicans...that's one down


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Democrats win Senate race in Ilinois Tammy Duckworth upsets incumbent Mark Kirk.


Marco Rubio wins Florida Senate race.


Patrick Leahy retains Senate seat for Vermont.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My projection... if this election gets that close, Florida is heading for another recount.

Sovereign Court

uh oh rural Florida is giving it to Trump.....


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pan wrote:
uh oh rural Florida is giving it to Trump.....

I think rural America is giving it to Trump.


Initial Projection: Democrats remain a minority party in the House.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah this whole election has been basically Rural versus Urban


Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Initial Projection: Democrats remain a minority party in the House.

That's pretty much a given.


I think we're going to see Trump carry the white vote in this country, and we're seeing a lot of late hour anti political correctness backlash, especially outside of the cities.

Clinton may come down as the first Democrat to almost win Florida.


MMCJawa wrote:
Yeah this whole election has been basically Rural versus Urban

We've always had that... but I think we are looking at a greater set of polarisation. Not just Rural vs. Urban, but also a massive rejection of political correctness rhetoric among white voters.

Clinton is not doing well with white voters... even with women. Her surge in women votes is almost exclusively minority women.


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Clinton may come down as the first Democrat to almost win Florida.

How soon they forget

George Walker Bush–
Richard Bruce Cheney 2,912,790 48.847% Republican

Albert Arnold Gore Jr.–
Joseph Isadore Lieberman 2,912,253 48.838% Democratic


Fergie wrote:
Pan wrote:
uh oh rural Florida is giving it to Trump.....
I think rural America is giving it to Trump.

As MMCJawa said, that's pretty much been the story not just of this election but for quite awhile now.

It's also worth remembering as we wait for results and stare at the early results that come in for battleground states that rural areas often report first and the denser urban areas often take longer to report.


I'm seeing New Jersey called for Clinton right now - with her at 46% and Trump at 51%.

...

Um.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Comrade Anklebiter wrote:

Made my one and only concession to lesser evilism:

My mother asked me to bring my retired father to the polls, but I've heard him talking on the phone with his gun club buddies about voting for Trump, so I left him home.

#VoterSuppression2016

Made a similar post on Facebook and Trump Supporting Teamster saw it. He made some comment, I drove him off my page with some clever insults that made me feel pretty smug, like I got one over on him. Got to work and he sees me and starts gesticulating wildly and pointing at me. I go over to see what's up and, as I approach, he points at me and yells "Get him!"

Whirling around to see what terrible Trump thug ambush he had prepared, I was surprised to see Sanders-voting Female Teamster behind me. What nefarious treachery be this?

Spoiler:

"Get him!" TST repeated.

"Is it true? That you wouldn't drive your father to the polls? That's terrible..."

"But, but, it's right down the street!"

"...I can't believe you wouldn't do that..."

"You know, my father can drive, he has a truck..."

"And him with his diabetes and his stroke last year, I'm so disappointed..."

"Walking is supposed to good for him."

(TST is in the background laughing uproariously)

"And your mother" ("Your poor mother!") "She asked you to take him, and you couldn't do that for her?"

Finally, I realized that I couldn't escape the public guilt-trip and, like a presidential candidate, tried to pivot.

"Look, [Female Teamster,] he was going to vote Trump."

"I know, but who are you" [accusatory finger to chest] ("Haw haw haw!") "To take away, to rob him of his rights as an American citizen?"

"You're right, [Female Teamster], what can I say? It's been that kind of election. It's turned brother against brother, father against son."

"Yeah, it's been a bad one."

"Might be a civil war before it's all through."

TST: "I hope your father shoots rock salt in your commie ass!"

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Rednal wrote:

I'm seeing New Jersey called for Clinton right now - with her at 46% and Trump at 51%.

...

Um.

They make calls based on more than just the official count... exit polls and demographics of non-reporting areas are also factored in.


Rednal wrote:

I'm seeing New Jersey called for Clinton right now - with her at 46% and Trump at 51%.

...

Um.

It's all about who's results have been reported. Trump's not ahead, but most of the districts where he'd do well have reported results and he's not far enough ahead to hold onto the lead once the cities start to come in.


I'm willing to admit that as a reasonable possibility. XD And Clinton just jumped ahead on Google's results page (68 to 66). Nevermind, flipped to 97 v 122.

For now... I think I'm just gonna go get something to eat, then see how things are when I get back.


Trump over the halfway point to 270 137 to 104 Trump over Clinton pretty much all of the traditional Red states have stayed loyal to the Republicans Texas remains red.


thejeff wrote:
Rednal wrote:

I'm seeing New Jersey called for Clinton right now - with her at 46% and Trump at 51%.

...

Um.

It's all about who's results have been reported. Trump's not ahead, but most of the districts where he'd do well have reported results and he's not far enough ahead to hold onto the lead once the cities start to come in.

The cities in NJ have the bulk of the population, and they'll go solid for Clinton.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

It shouldn't be this close... it shouldn't be this close... it shouldn't be this close...

6,601 to 6,650 of 7,079 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / 2016 US Election All Messageboards