2016 US Election


Off-Topic Discussions

6,651 to 6,700 of 7,079 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pillbug Toenibbler wrote:
It shouldn't be this close... it shouldn't be this close... it shouldn't be this close...

The Democrats have severely overestimated the progress they've made.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

So right now, it seems like Trump is going to be gaining Florida, and Virginia is almost certainly up in the air.

I've been against commenting on politics, because they are honestly not something I enjoy. I've only had 2 Presidential elections under my belt...and I think I'm already done with politics. I hate to say it, but this is the sort of election that makes me question humanity as a whole.

Even if Trump doesn't win, which it's looking more and more likely like he is going to, the entire rhetoric, and the fact that he's in this position, just makes me sad. A man who uses hateful rhetoric, does almost nothing when it comes to policy. A man that has zero political experience of any sort.

But the worst part? This is going to become the norm for Republicans. This is going to become the "winners" for the party. So we can expect a hell of a lot more of these sort of candidates, just because it's this close.

...Anyone know how Canada is for a very, very frustrated twenty three year old American?


Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Pillbug Toenibbler wrote:
It shouldn't be this close... it shouldn't be this close... it shouldn't be this close...
The Democrats have severely overestimated the progress they've made.

I now hate 99% of the rest of my state right now.


Pill,

I hate 99% of MY state more. You'd think they'd know better than to trust a con-man but I guess P.T. Barnum was right. There's a bunch of suckers born every minute.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
FantheFlames wrote:

So right now, it seems like Trump is going to be gaining Florida, and Virginia is almost certainly up in the air.

I've been against commenting on politics, because they are honestly not something I enjoy. I've only had 2 Presidential elections under my belt...and I think I'm already done with politics. I hate to say it, but this is the sort of election that makes me question humanity as a whole.

Even if Trump doesn't win, which it's looking more and more likely like he is going to, the entire rhetoric, and the fact that he's in this position, just makes me sad. A man who uses hateful rhetoric, does almost nothing when it comes to policy. A man that has zero political experience of any sort.

But the worst part? This is going to become the norm for Republicans. This is going to become the "winners" for the party. So we can expect a hell of a lot more of these sort of candidates, just because it's this close.

...Anyone know how Canada is for a very, very frustrated twenty three year old American?

Actually what I think we're seeing is also another favorable wind for Trump. Rural America is voting more than ever and the bulk of them are enraged at Clinton in particular and Democrats in general over moral issues.

What we are seeing is the true face of America which has long shamefully hidden itself now coming into for driven by the twin horses of white fear and Trump making certain attitudes more mainstream acceptable.

Welcome to Brexit 2.0. Just as we saw in the UK the non-globalist Americans are making their voices known, and they're going to drive Trump to the White House.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Hillary needs to win Broward county by about 100k votes...possible, but I don't see it happening.

Virginia is going to be even closer.


FantheFlames wrote:
Virginia is going to be even closer.

Don't remind me. I was not expecting my home state to be this closely split.


Gah. Brexit 2.0...


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

The sad part is, I wasn't even that nervous about Trump. I think that he makes us a laughingstock, but I hope that Congress has enough morals to block anything that is way too...nevermind...

But the part that is going to make me legitimately angry, is that Republicans basically pulling a sit down strike and refusing to consider any of Obama's nominations for the Supreme Court...is going to be rewarded. If Trump wins, they get to put up their own guy. They essentially held a Judge's seat hostage for 10 months, and they are going to get away with it.


The situation would be hilarious if not because the damage Trump can do around the world.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
FantheFlames wrote:
Anyone know how Canada is for a very, very frustrated twenty three year old American?

Canada is harder to move to than you think. It's not just a matter of finding a place and moving, it's immigration to another country.

Spoiler:
There are four main ways to get residency.

Student visa to attend university in Canada. Since you're out of country that would be expensive.

Marriage to a Canadian citizen who is willing to sign a form saying they'll support you for at least three years.

Having a college degree or specialized trade skill and at least a year of experience in particular fields.

Having a written job offer. (There is an entire procedure a company has to follow before they can hire from outside the country.)

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Don't freak out yet people. Still not a single state called that couldn't have been predicted a week ago. ALL of the battleground states are still up in the air and more likely for Clinton to win than not.


Scythia - you're assuming anti-Trump people care about bothering to immigrate legally


2 people marked this as a favorite.

This whole situation makes me very, very, VERY sad for the state of the human race...


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

@Scythia

I have done my own research because...well quite frankly, I've thought about leaving the country for a while, this is just sort of making my decision seem logical. Unfortunately, barring a massive scholarship I wouldn't be getting a student visa, and I know no one in Canada. So I guess my best bet is to wait out another year and finish up my undergraduate degree. Was going to be looking at the University of Calgary for Veterinary Medicine anyway.


@Scythia: What if you applied as a refugee from a Trump Presidency?


CBDunkerson wrote:
Don't freak out yet people. Still not a single state called that couldn't have been predicted a week ago. ALL of the battleground states are still up in the air and more likely for Clinton to win than not.

Yeah, Florida & North Carolina look bad, but even that's not enough for Trump to win.

It's a lot worse than I thought it would be, but it's not over yet.


Thejeff,

God I hope you're right. Virgina upsets me the most though. NC...meh.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Thejeff,

God I hope you're right. Virgina upsets me the most though. NC...meh.

Clinton will win Virginia.


Thomas Seitz wrote:

Thejeff,

God I hope you're right. Virgina upsets me the most though. NC...meh.

It's narrowing to a thin blade in Virginia. Might come down to MI.

Looks like people have been severely underestimating the rural (R) voters' willingness to participate this time.


That and the fact the millenials decided to sit it out apparently, Turin. Along with lower black turn out it seems.


Turin the Mad wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Thejeff,

God I hope you're right. Virgina upsets me the most though. NC...meh.

It's narrowing to a thin blade in Virginia. Might come down to MI.

Looks like people have been severely underestimating the rural (R) voters' willingness to participate this time.

If it does it's over. Michigan was just declared for Trump.

Electoral Score Trump over Clinton 150 to 109.


Yeah it's looking good for a Clinton win in MI

my biggest fear is MI getting turned. I don't want my state of birth to be the one that messes things up.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Michigan was just declared for Trump.

Missouri was just declared for Trump. Not Michigan.

STILL not a single state called that wasn't completely expected. It is just that NONE of the close battleground states have been called yet.


Thomas Seitz wrote:
That and the fact the millenials decided to sit it out apparently, Turin. Along with lower black turn out it seems.

Actually the black turnout in Florida was higher than it was for Obama.. However the rural white turnout really burst the seams. And that has been the big factor that pundits have missed.


Ohio declared for Trump 168-109 Trump over Clinton.


Trump took Ohio and Iowa. He's absolutely SWEEPING Jesus land.


Well, Google just called New Mexico for Clinton.


Slates polls seemed to be overly optimistic for Hillary


Virginia called for Clinton Electoral total 168 to 122 for Trump. Hopes for Clinton rising partially from the ashes. But it's now Clinton with the narrowing paths to victory as opposed to Trump.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Ohio declared for Trump 168-109 Trump over Clinton.

Ok... that's the first really significant result.

Gah. Horrifying.


VI called for Hillary...that one brick in the blue wall secure at least.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Michigan is not looking good for Clinton. Losing Michigan is pretty much the end of the road.


Dow Futures down 500pts.
Seems like some Wall Street types have been caught with their pants down.
I'm not a stocks guy, but I think this might be fairly big deal...
Any stock experts have any insight on this?


She's gonna lose Michigan. She won Colorado.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fergie wrote:

Dow Futures down 500pts.

Seems like some Wall Street types have been caught with their pants down.
I'm not a stocks guy, but I think this might be fairly big deal...
Any stock experts have any insight on this?

It's not that complicated. Trump has been making noises about upsetting or negating a lot of trade arrangements that Clinton could be trusted to let stay.

It's pretty much the same reason that London markets tumbled following Brexit. A Trump victory is essentially Brexit 2.0.


A highly regarded expert wrote:
She's gonna lose Michigan. She won Colorado.

When that happens... it's over. Unless possibly... Utah goes to Johnson.

Current total 168-131 Trump

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Norman Osborne wrote:
Clinton supporters can always count on California. Hitler could run for office in CA, and he would win as long as he had a jackass next to his name.

Rural america has proven they will vote for any carpetbagger with an elephant on their sleeve.


I believe ABC just called Virginia for Clinton.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Charter Schools Losing Battle; Yes on 2 Campaign 'Disappointed'
Preliminary results show Massachusetts voted down Question 2.

It may be too early to tell just yet, but it looks like at least one campaign I worked on this season succeeded.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Virginia called for Clinton Electoral total 168 to 122 for Trump. Hopes for Clinton rising partially from the ashes. But it's now Clinton with the narrowing paths to victory as opposed to Trump.

Yeah. I've followed the whole 538- Trump gas a 35% chance of winning vs Slate's Trump has a 2% chance of winning and 538 is wrong.

Even if Clinton pulls out the win, Slate's stat department has egg on its face.


Ajaxis wrote:
Drahliana Moonrunner wrote:
Virginia called for Clinton Electoral total 168 to 122 for Trump. Hopes for Clinton rising partially from the ashes. But it's now Clinton with the narrowing paths to victory as opposed to Trump.

Yeah. I've followed the whole 538- Trump gas a 35% chance of winning vs Slate's Trump has a 2% chance of winning and 538 is wrong.

Even if Clinton pulls out the win, Slate's stat department has egg on its face.

538 is going to have a mussed up shirt as well.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Clearly both the pre-election polls and exit polls ALL underestimated rural turnout... which appears to be at record levels in most states. That in turn would make all of the models based on those polls inaccurate.

538 took a cautious approach due to the high undecideds and thus is looking better than the other models... but it is for the wrong reason. They didn't anticipate the rural surge either.

Sovereign Court

If Trump wins I bet the message the democrats will take from this is that America wasn't ready for a women president.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

It was and is. ...But perhaps it shouldn't have spent so long ignoring and marginalizing rural voters.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

President TruGUAUDFUDADUDADS IT BURNSSSS!

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Guy Humual wrote:
If Trump wins I bet the message the democrats will take from this is that America wasn't ready for a women president.

I doubt it.

The message this Democrat is taking from it is that there are a lot more angry uneducated whites out there than expected.

Thus far Clinton has won three 'battleground' states (CO, NM, VA) and Trump one (OH). So still not over, but certainly a bunch of states that are going to be a lot closer than expected.


Red,

Yeah the rural peoples apparently were the ones that decided that a con artist had the best answers...which were just plucked from TV and not reality.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

@Guy: I think the pertinent question is why are they angry? And, similarly, how could this be addressed in a way that doesn't seem like condescending city elitism?

6,651 to 6,700 of 7,079 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / 2016 US Election All Messageboards