Third-Party Publishers: Freelancer Open Call


Product Discussion

51 to 100 of 537 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Storm Bunny Studios
Project Length: See below
Pay Rate: Varies by project. Cartographers should contact me with their current rates and portfolios.
Respond by: Cartographers should respond by February 20th. Writers are free to submit proposals at anytime, but should never submit full pieces. All queries should be in text, via e-mail. Please do include attachments unless we request them.

Storm Bunny Studios is in the final stages of a big Kickstarter project and is currently taking quotes from cartographers for several maps we need to finish up. We have three open quotes out with industry professionals, but we're also open to working with new talent.

Likewise, we're always open to working with new writers, especially those interested in steampunk-style material, either for shorter (1200-2000 words) to mid-range (2500-5000 word) PDFs. Writers need to adhere to our style and must meet deadlines. We pay upon delivery (not publication). Our rates vary according to experience, which I will gladly discuss with prospective writers. We always pay upon delivery, generally within 12-24 hours of accepting completed submissions.

If you're interested in pitching an idea or sharing your cartography portfolio, please e-mail me at jaye@stormbunnystudios.com


Dotting and put on my Interesting Threads list.

Grand Lodge

Dotting, because it's the sensible thing to do!

The Exchange

Jason Sonia wrote:

Likewise, we're always open to working with new writers, especially those interested in steampunk-style material, either for shorter (1200-2000 words) to mid-range (2500-5000 word) PDFs. Writers need to adhere to our style and must meet deadlines. We pay upon delivery (not publication). Our rates vary according to experience, which I will gladly discuss with prospective writers. We always pay upon delivery, generally within 12-24 hours of accepting completed submissions.

Rhune seems like a very interesting setting, but I'm not really familiar with it. Is there anywhere in particular that I might go for information about the setting? I assume that future products would be for that setting, and I imagine pitching something would be easier if I knew more about it. Thanks!

Paizo Employee Developer

owenstreetpress wrote:
Jason Sonia wrote:

Likewise, we're always open to working with new writers, especially those interested in steampunk-style material, either for shorter (1200-2000 words) to mid-range (2500-5000 word) PDFs. Writers need to adhere to our style and must meet deadlines. We pay upon delivery (not publication). Our rates vary according to experience, which I will gladly discuss with prospective writers. We always pay upon delivery, generally within 12-24 hours of accepting completed submissions.

Rhune seems like a very interesting setting, but I'm not really familiar with it. Is there anywhere in particular that I might go for information about the setting? I assume that future products would be for that setting, and I imagine pitching something would be easier if I knew more about it. Thanks!

Here ya go!

Webstore Gninja Minion

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Adam Daigle wrote:
Here ya go!

There's also a free map and character primer here on Paizo.

The Exchange

Paizo folks to the rescue. Thanks!

Dark Archive RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

I'll have some availability later this year. Dotting this fer sure.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Dotted.

"cracks knuckles" time to get off the pot.


Dot.


very interesting thread


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LMPjr007 wrote:

OK Here I go...

Publisher Name:LPJ Design looking for a freelance writer for our upcoming bestiary for our campaign setting, NeoExodus: A House Divided.
Project Length: Each Monster write-up will be 500 to 1,000 words
Pay Rate: 0.01/edited word
Additional details: Those with monster creation & building experience and writers who have been published are encouraged to apply. Please submit samples of work with initial email.
Respond by: February 7th, 2015
Contact:LMPjr007@gmail.com

I would like to thank everyone who applied to this writers call. I am glad we were able to find writers for our bestiary. I am even more enjoyed that we were able to find more writers for additional work for LPJ Design. Best of all one of our newest writers discovered here just turned in his first project with us and I can see many more projects for them in our future. Once again thank you to everyone's support on this and for Paizo for letting us 3PP do this on their website.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Publisher Name: Rite Publishing looking for Artists.
Project Length: 1 Cover Illustration for Pathways e-zine, You can check out examples of our Pathways cover image HERE.
Pay Rate: $50.00 via paypal upon approval of final image (full commercial rights)
Additional details: If you to send us a query letter please contact us via
Email: steve (at) ritepublishing (dot) com
Subject Line: Pathways Cover Inquiry
You must include a link to your online portfolio you are also welcome to list any other tabletop Rpg companies you have worked for. DO NOT attach images to the email. We will review it, and if we want to commission a cover from you we will contact you with a description of the type of monster we want, though we often leave the background image up to the artist. Artists are paid via Paypal once the final is approved (after initial sketch and two rounds of corrections). We use a different artist every issue so we are always giving an opportunity to new artists.

Respond by: Continuous


10 people marked this as a favorite.

Flaming Crab Games looking for Writers.
Project Length: 1500-1800 words per assignment.
Pay Rate: 2.5 x (X x 40% of each sale in the 30 days of release) where X = percentage of the book written. To to be paid no more than 45 days after the book's release via PayPal.
Additional details:

Flaming Crab Games is creating a monthly series of 10 page PF-compatible books, each detailing a different topic. We will be hiring 3 writers per book. Expected turn-around for an assignment is one month after a writer is contracted. We are currently contracting for the first three books in the series.

Writers will be expected to handle a variety of topics, depending upon assignment. Examples of what will be created for these first three installments include:

  • Creation of new cavalry orders.
  • Exploration and possible expansion of existing winged, mounted combat rules.
  • Creation of an alternative class.
  • Creation of real recipes that can be adapted for magic rituals.
  • Creation of new items, both mundane and magical.
  • Creation of new archetypes.
  • Exploration of individual holy days and their impact on magic and spells.
  • Creation of new spells and rituals.

Those interested should send an email to jgray.flamingcrab (at) gmail (dot) com. Please include a writing sample (or samples) that exhibits your ability to create both fluff and crunch. Also, please indicate how many assignments you are interested in. We will not be giving more than three assignments (one assignment per book) to any single writer.

We will be hiring 3 writers (plus myself) for each book. The writers get a pool of 40% of each sale during the first 30 days. That pool is divided among the writers based on the percentage of the book they wrote (based on word count). We'll be trying to evenly distribute the writing chores as much as possible so each writer gets an equal amount. So, if a book you wrote 33% has a price of $1.99 and sells 20 copies in the first 30 days you earn 2.5 x (.33(.40(1.99 x 20))) or $13.13. Please note, we haven't set a final price point for the books yet. This is just an example.

Writers we are interested in will be contacted after the respond by date and offered assignments.

Respond by: 2/28/2015


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

@JGray: The maths hurts's my headz (lol)


jreyst wrote:
@JGray: The maths hurts's my heads (lol)

It's quite simple. Multiply 1.99 by 20; then you take the product and multiply it by .4, then you take that product and multiply it by .33, then you multiply it by 2.5. $13.13. Basic order of operations. It's the symbols that mess us up, lol! We haven't seen that since College. :)

Scarab Sages

5 people marked this as a favorite.

It's a straightforward amount proportional to sales, that could be expressed in one %age. He's just being nice, in showing you his working.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I sent a thing.

Sovereign Court

JGray wrote:

Please include a writing sample (or samples) that exhibits your ability to create both fluff and crunch.

Could I please ask for an elaboration of "Fluff" and "Crunch". I feel like I should know, but I want to make sure before I go submitting something that isn't what you're looking for at all.


Brigg wrote:
Could I please ask for an elaboration of "Fluff" and "Crunch". I feel like I should know, but I want to make sure before I go submitting something that isn't what you're looking for at all.

Fluff: Flavor text. Setting and ambiance. Descriptions but not rules.

Crunch: Rules and mechanics.

Ideally, the two should work together to properly communicate a book's intention to the reader. Having samples of both lets me see strengths and weaknesses and determine assignments. Some of the assignments are more crunch-heavy, some more fluff-heavy and some balance nicely.

Sovereign Court

JGray wrote:
Brigg wrote:
Could I please ask for an elaboration of "Fluff" and "Crunch". I feel like I should know, but I want to make sure before I go submitting something that isn't what you're looking for at all.

Fluff: Flavor text. Setting and ambiance. Descriptions but not rules.

Crunch: Rules and mechanics.

Ideally, the two should work together to properly communicate a book's intention to the reader. Having samples of both lets me see strengths and weaknesses and determine assignments. Some of the assignments are more crunch-heavy, some more fluff-heavy and some balance nicely.

Thank you. This helps tremendously. ^.^!


Dotting


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Dotting.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

@JGray: should the fluff and crunch be intertwined, or can we offer one fluff example and one crunch example?


@Lindley: Short answer: Yes. Long answer: If you've got examples of prose and examples of mechanics but they aren't related, those are fine as well.

RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

dot


Liz Courts wrote:

This is a thread for third-party publishers to post open calls searching for freelancers of all kinds: writers, artists, editors, layout, cartography, developers, etc. Please use the following format:

Publisher Name looking for [[position]]
Project Length:
Pay Rate:
Additional details:
Respond by:

Hey, Liz, thanks for the thread. But how about something in reverse?

Looking for Work Professional Layout Artist
Project Length: 32 pages to 363 pages.
Experience: I have laid out Faces of the Tarnished Souk, which I am proud to see advertised in Pathways from Rite Publishing. I have also laid out your Pathways magazines from September 2012 to February 2015. I enjoy it immensely. Small project deadlines need to revolve around the deadlines for Pathways each month. Large project deadlines need to give me more time.
References: Steven D. Russell, Matt Banach, and David Paul.
Contact: Elton Robb at elton dot atlantean at gmail dot com


Snorter wrote:
It's a straightforward amount proportional to sales, that could be expressed in one %age. He's just being nice, in showing you his working.

We all should do that. :)


EltonJ wrote:

Hey, Liz, thanks for the thread. But how about something in reverse?

If something like that is ever done let me know! I owe a few jobs to this thread already.


Starfinder Superscriber

Dotting for interest as well!

Liberty's Edge

Rite Publishing wrote:

Publisher Name: Rite Publishing looking for Artists.

Project Length: 1 Cover Illustration for Pathways e-zine, You can check out examples of our Pathways cover image HERE.
Pay Rate: $50.00 via paypal upon approval of final image (full commercial rights)
Additional details: If you to send us a query letter please contact us via
Email: steve (at) ritepublishing (dot) com
Subject Line: Pathways Cover Inquiry
You must include a link to your online portfolio you are also welcome to list any other tabletop Rpg companies you have worked for. DO NOT attach images to the email. We will review it, and if we want to commission a cover from you we will contact you with a description of the type of monster we want, though we often leave the background image up to the artist. Artists are paid via Paypal once the final is approved (after initial sketch and two rounds of corrections). We use a different artist every issue so we are always giving an opportunity to new artists.

Respond by: Continuous

Are you on Fb? My friend has worked for Holistic Designs and White Wolf and is working for work.

Mike

Liberty's Edge

JGray wrote:

Flaming Crab Games looking for Writers.

Project Length: 1500-1800 words per assignment.
Pay Rate: 2.5 x (X x 40% of each sale in the 30 days of release) where X = percentage of the book written. To to be paid no more than 45 days after the book's release via PayPal.
Additional details:
:
[list]
  • Creation of new cavalry orders.
    .
  • do you mean cavalier orders?

    Mike


    Qstor wrote:
    JGray wrote:

    Flaming Crab Games looking for Writers.

    Project Length: 1500-1800 words per assignment.
    Pay Rate: 2.5 x (X x 40% of each sale in the 30 days of release) where X = percentage of the book written. To to be paid no more than 45 days after the book's release via PayPal.
    Additional details:
    :
    [list]
  • Creation of new cavalry orders.
    .
  • do you mean cavalier orders?

    Mike

    Aye.


    Qstor wrote:
    Are you on Fb? My friend has worked for Holistic Designs and White Wolf and is working for work.Mike

    Here's Rite Publishing's FB page.

    Sovereign Court

    3 people marked this as a favorite.

    Wayward Rogues Publishing looking for writers for realm and kingdom creation.
    Project Length: 1500 words.
    Pay Rate: .01 cent/ edited word. Pay on acceptance.
    Additional details: I am looking for 5 additional human cultures and realms to fit into our campaign setting. Ideally, realms should be able to "stand alone" without setting background. Human cultures have bronze age tech.
    Respond by: Mar 28, 2015

    www.malikjoker@gmai.com


    Cardinal_Malik wrote:

    Wayward Rogues Publishing looking for writers for realm and kingdom creation.

    Project Length: 1500 words.
    Pay Rate: .01 cent/ edited word. Pay on acceptance.
    Additional details: I am looking for 5 additional human cultures and realms to fit into our campaign setting. Ideally, realms should be able to "stand alone" without setting background. Human cultures have bronze age tech.
    Respond by: Mar 28, 2015

    www.malikjoker@gmai.com

    Is the email address at gmail.com or gmai.com?

    The Exchange

    Cardinal_Malik wrote:

    Wayward Rogues Publishing looking for writers for realm and kingdom creation.

    Project Length: 1500 words.
    Pay Rate: .01 cent/ edited word. Pay on acceptance.
    Additional details: I am looking for 5 additional human cultures and realms to fit into our campaign setting. Ideally, realms should be able to "stand alone" without setting background. Human cultures have bronze age tech.
    Respond by: Mar 28, 2015

    www.malikjoker@gmai.com

    Is there somewhere we can learn more about your setting? The bronze age is super interesting and I have a history degree, so creating cultures is right up my alley!


    4 people marked this as a favorite.

    Little Red Goblin Games LLC looking for Base Class Submissions for Gonzo 2
    Project Length: Variable by submission
    Pay Rate: Flat rate $70 (expected: 3,500 words @ .02 c per word). Open to negotiation.
    Additional Details: Read this thread for the full details.
    Respond by: Submission of pitches due before March 31st.
    ScottGladstein@LittleRedGoblinGames.com


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Interjection Games is looking for writers for class expansion material (APG or ACG preferred), as well as for writers for magic items based on Strange Magic subsystems: ethermagic, musical composition, truename magic.

    Project Length: [u]Class Expansion[/u] - 1700 words; [u]Magic Items[/u] - However many words it takes
    Pay Rate: Class Expansions of Paizo Classes - $0.012 per word; Class Expansions of IG Classes or Magic Items - 40% of after-storefront-fees sales for the first 30 days, plus copies of all relevant IG products
    Additional Details: Send all queries to interjectiongames@gmail.com with the word "freelancer", "freelancing", "writing", or similar amongst the words in your subject line.

    Given the particulars of the IG style, applicants will be subjected to a "boot camp" wherein I help you design something and then you walk away with rights to that item or ability. Just to pick your brain and see if we're compatible.

    Respond By: Ongoing.

    Grand Lodge

    Unfortunately, there's not "underline" ability on the forum, which is why the [u] can be seen.

    Interjection Games wrote:

    Interjection Games is looking for writers for class expansion material (APG or ACG preferred), as well as for writers for magic items based on Strange Magic subsystems: ethermagic, musical composition, truename magic.

    Project Length: Class Expansion - 1700 words; Magic Items - However many words it takes
    Pay Rate: Class Expansions of Paizo Classes - $0.012 per word; Class Expansions of IG Classes or Magic Items - 40% of after-storefront-fees sales for the first 30 days, plus copies of all relevant IG products
    Additional Details: Send all queries to interjectiongames@gmail.com with the word "freelancer", "freelancing", "writing", or similar amongst the words in your subject line.

    Given the particulars of the IG style, applicants will be subjected to a "boot camp" wherein I help you design something and then you walk away with rights to that item or ability. Just to pick your brain and see if we're compatible.

    Respond By: Ongoing.

    Can you define "Class Expansion"? Like, archetypes? Making prestige classes into base classes? Giving base classes 21st and up levels?


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    kevin_video wrote:

    Unfortunately, there's not "underline" ability on the forum, which is why the [u] can be seen.

    Interjection Games wrote:

    Interjection Games is looking for writers for class expansion material (APG or ACG preferred), as well as for writers for magic items based on Strange Magic subsystems: ethermagic, musical composition, truename magic.

    Project Length: Class Expansion - 1700 words; Magic Items - However many words it takes
    Pay Rate: Class Expansions of Paizo Classes - $0.012 per word; Class Expansions of IG Classes or Magic Items - 40% of after-storefront-fees sales for the first 30 days, plus copies of all relevant IG products
    Additional Details: Send all queries to interjectiongames@gmail.com with the word "freelancer", "freelancing", "writing", or similar amongst the words in your subject line.

    Given the particulars of the IG style, applicants will be subjected to a "boot camp" wherein I help you design something and then you walk away with rights to that item or ability. Just to pick your brain and see if we're compatible.

    Respond By: Ongoing.

    Can you define "Class Expansion"? Like, archetypes? Making prestige classes into base classes? Giving base classes 21st and up levels?

    New rogue talents, new sorcerer bloodlines, new alchemist discoveries, new cavalier orders, feats that require a monk or fighter level to qualify, etc. etc. Experience shows archetypes, while cool, don't sell anywhere near as well as flavorful options that can be applied to the entire class at large. The exception to this rule is anything sufficiently insane with the word "tinker" on it.


    Interjection Games wrote:

    Interjection Games is looking for writers for class expansion material (APG or ACG preferred), as well as for writers for magic items based on Strange Magic subsystems: ethermagic, musical composition, truename magic.

    Project Length: [u]Class Expansion[/u] - 1700 words; [u]Magic Items[/u] - However many words it takes
    Pay Rate: Class Expansions of Paizo Classes - $0.012 per word; Class Expansions of IG Classes or Magic Items - 40% of after-storefront-fees sales for the first 30 days, plus copies of all relevant IG products
    Additional Details: Send all queries to interjectiongames@gmail.com with the word "freelancer", "freelancing", "writing", or similar amongst the words in your subject line.

    Given the particulars of the IG style, applicants will be subjected to a "boot camp" wherein I help you design something and then you walk away with rights to that item or ability. Just to pick your brain and see if we're compatible.

    Respond By: Ongoing.

    Do you still want us to send something that shows our writing aptitude?


    It's not necessary to make first contact. Granted, it's the first thing I'll ask of you, but I won't be a git and push you away because it wasn't attached.

    Sczarni RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32

    Cardinal_Malik wrote:

    Wayward Rogues Publishing looking for writers for realm and kingdom creation.

    Project Length: 1500 words.
    Pay Rate: .01 cent/ edited word. Pay on acceptance.
    Additional details: I am looking for 5 additional human cultures and realms to fit into our campaign setting. Ideally, realms should be able to "stand alone" without setting background. Human cultures have bronze age tech.
    Respond by: Mar 28, 2015

    www.malikjoker@gmai.com

    The email isn't working for me. Is there an alternative way of contacting you?

    Sovereign Court

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    gmail everyone. sorry about that error. I have been quite ill this past week or I would have caught that sooner.

    Sczarni RPG Superstar 2015 Top 32

    Are you sure the other parts of the email are correct as well? I will try again with the one provided, but the last time I changed it to gmail the email was bounced back claimed it didn't exist.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Interjection Games wrote:

    Interjection Games is looking for writers for class expansion material (APG or ACG preferred), as well as for writers for magic items based on Strange Magic subsystems: ethermagic, musical composition, truename magic.

    Project Length: [u]Class Expansion[/u] - 1700 words; [u]Magic Items[/u] - However many words it takes
    Pay Rate: Class Expansions of Paizo Classes - $0.012 per word; Class Expansions of IG Classes or Magic Items - 40% of after-storefront-fees sales for the first 30 days, plus copies of all relevant IG products
    Additional Details: Send all queries to interjectiongames@gmail.com with the word "freelancer", "freelancing", "writing", or similar amongst the words in your subject line.

    Given the particulars of the IG style, applicants will be subjected to a "boot camp" wherein I help you design something and then you walk away with rights to that item or ability. Just to pick your brain and see if we're compatible.

    Respond By: Ongoing.

    Alright, lads. Due to overwhelming response, I need to close down the class expansions half of this open call, at least for the time being. I haven't had a single application for magic items, though!

    RPG Superstar Season 9

    Dotted.

    Sovereign Court

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Its worked for the 20 submissions I've received so far ;)

    www.malikjoker@gmail.com
    http://www.waywardrogues.com/?p=222


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Cardinal_Malik wrote:

    Its worked for the 20 submissions I've received so far ;)

    www.malikjoker@gmail.com
    http://www.waywardrogues.com/?p=222

    *BEEP* *BOOP*

    LINK ADDED.

    51 to 100 of 537 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / Third-Party Publishers: Freelancer Open Call All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.