|4 people marked this as a favorite.|
Hi! I'm J Gray, from Fat Goblin Games. We license Castle Falkenstein from R. Talsorian. I was lucky enough to spend some time with the Pondsmiths and their team at GenCon this weekend. Here's what was said, specifically, on current plans:
* Witcher is almost done. There are final edits to do and then they ship it out to Poland for approval from CD Projekt Red. No release date has been announced because they aren't sure how long it'll take CPR to go through the book and if changes will be requested.
* Cyberpunk Red will be Cyberpunk 2020 1.5. Some small rule changes and an update to the technology so it makes more sense from a modern perspective (your real world cellphone shouldn't be half the size of the cellphone your character uses in game. They're hoping to release that within a year. A Cyberpunk 2077 put out to coincide with the video game is possible but there are currently no promises there.
* I am told most of Mekton Zero is written and it sounds pretty darn neat to me. I can't speak to specifics as I didn't sit in on the Mekton seminar but I believe they are hoping to have the books to backers by the end of the year. The other promised rewards, such as the minis, might take longer.
* No specific word on Cybergeneration or Teenagers from Outer Space.
* Castle Falkenstein is currently in the hands of Fat Goblin Games. We're producing new material for the Great Game and have put out six products thus far: Curious Creatures (the definitive bestiary), Firearms and Margarine (a political murder mystery Adventure Entertainment), Babbage's Engine (a one to two session Adventure Entertainment written by Steve Kenson), and three Variations: optional plug-in rules which allow Hosts and Players to customize the Great Game. We have another Adventure Entertainment and a new Variation on the way. The next really big release is Miss Peril's Guide to Paris, a sourcebook for living and adventuring in the City of Lights.
I hope this helped!