Well, here we are again! It’s always such a pleasure. We’re pleased to announce that volunteer signups are now open for Gen Con Indy 2022! Please note these signups are only for the physical event in Indianapolis. Once Gen Con provides us with more information about their timeline for Gen Con Online, we’ll be in touch with volunteer information.
Before you fill out the volunteer form, here is some important information:
- Volunteer applications will be reviewed and accepted or rejected by the Gen Con Organizing Committee. Filling this form out does not guarantee acceptance; you will receive an email with further information from the Gen Con committee.
- Gen Con Indy schedules will be assigned by the committee. You will be asked for your preference of system and level, but you will not necessarily be able to choose the specific scenario(s) you run. The committee’s intention is to assign people to run the same scenario multiple times during the weekend. There is a free-form field at the end of the form to enter specific requests, though there’s no guarantee they will be honored.
- Reward information is listed on the Organized Play Foundation website. GMs who don’t qualify for a badge will still need to purchase one.
- IMPORTANT NOTE FOR 2022: Paizo has a very limited number of rooms for GMs. In the past, we have been able to guarantee all 7-slot GMs will be housed; this is not guaranteed for 2022. Please see this document for more information.
- Volunteers will be accepted on a rolling basis and schedules should be assigned within a week of your application. Once your schedule is assigned and you confirm, you are considered to be committed to attending the event.
- Adventure authors interested in running tables of scenarios they have written should fill out the volunteer form and then follow up by emailing email@example.com. Please note we have a limited number of tables and the schedule is fairly locked-in at this stage, but we’ll do our best to get you slotted into your scenario if it’s on the schedule.
- In-person attendees and guests will be required to show proof of vaccination and wear masks. Other venues in the area (such as the hotels) may have less stringent requirements in common areas. Therefore, we will enforce our requirements in Paizo-controlled spaces such as the Sagamore ballroom. Failure to comply may result in your expulsion and a potential ban from future major conventions.
- Any questions about the GM signup process should be sent to the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Major Conventions Planning Server
Anybody interested in volunteering at Gen Con should join the OPF Major Conventions planning server by clicking the image below. Follow the instructions in #welcome to get access to the relevant channels. All important information will be conveyed on this server as well as via email, so please join the server!
Finally, here are some important dates for Gen Con Indy 2022!
- March 10 (Thurs): GM signups open; rooming survey opens
- April 30 (Sat): Soft cutoff for GMs; GMs can still sign up after this date, but there’s no guarantee you’ll be considered for rooming or be able to be scheduled to volunteer beyond a backup GM slot
- May 7 (Sat): Room survey ends, rooms assigned
- May 15 (Sun): Event registration opens for all Gen Con Indy attendees
If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments below or on the OPF Major Cons Planning Server. We can’t wait to see you all online and in Indianapolis for Gen Con 2022!
Organized Play Coordinator
Gen Con Indy 2022: Call for Volunteers & Important Dates
Thursday, March 10, 2022