Ebon Fist's Ruby Phoenix Tournament

Game Master EbonFist

Maps and Slides


251 to 300 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Fortunately for Rassmussen, at least one of the assassins isn't quite dead yet, so a little extra healing brings him back to the realm of consciousness.

He glares defiantly at all those collected, spitting dismissively onto the floor.

Svetlana finds that they are dressed in slightly finer than common Tian Xia clothing, though their garments are designed for functionality rather than looks. They are each armed with a sansetsukon (3-part-staff) and darts.

They are also covered in tattoos, which Diazepane is able to discern mean they are "Xun" -loyal soldiers- of the Golden League.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK7 - HP124 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMB17 CMD31 F:+14 R:+9: W+8/ Perc+13 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

"Well...lucky for you we aren't near Citadel Enferac, I am sure you'd find the conversation far less pleasant" Svetlana politely suggests to the xun "You'd have found it preferable being interviewed by Pharasma in that case"

"We can hand this fellow over to the local civil authority I suppose"

Dark Archive

Ganzi Bloodrager 5/DD 6 | HP 136/136 (169*) | Resistance (5 Acid, Electricity, Sonic, Fire +10*) DR 5/magic |AC 23 (*22) (32 buffed) |Rage*:16/16 BW 2/2 Quibble 1/1, Spells 1st: 3/3 2nd: 2/2|CMB +13 (15*) (+2 trip), CMD 29 | F: +16/*+19, R: +9, W: +11/*+13 (+2 charm, 1/1 Reroll) |Perc: +6 Dipl +14 DV 60', Blind: 30'| 30ft | Conditions:

"Oh, of course...", Kal grunts to Rassmussen "Silly of me to think otherwise", casually waiving away his obvious faux pax.

"I think we should leave this man with the local authorities as well, he wasn't good enough for seconds" he declares bluntly.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper 8th / Slayer 2nd / Ranger 2| HP:100/100 | AC:27 T:18 FF:19| CMB:12 CMD:29 | Saves F:+13 R:+23 W:+7 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+14 | Per: +24

As he recovers his durable arrows, Daedîn murmurs, ”We could also ‘interrogate’ the murderous bastard before turning him over to the authorities…”


Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

The xun does not seem intimidated by Svetlana but does not struggle as he and his unconscious comrades are taken away.

In the aftermath of the attack, the noodle house closes, both to clean up the mess and to prevent any further attacks on its patrons.

These precautions seem somewhat unnecessary as an uneventful night follows.


Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Overnight, Abadaran clerics and wizards in the Emissary’s service employed spells such as stone shape, transmute rock to mud, and create water to fill the fight stage with a pool of watery mud, effectively transforming the ring into a giant swamp. Several islands of dark stone rise 6 inches out of the 4-foot-deep morass. The mud acts as a deep bog for purposes of movement and concealment.

Your foe in this quarterfinal round is the eunuch witch Hok Fong, a corpulent Tian-Shu man.

Marsh Madness:

Init Diazepane: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Init Kal’Ryon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Init Svetlana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Init Hok Fong: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Init Rassmussen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Init Daedin: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Round 1, the BOLD may act.
We're back to slide 3, the Grand Pavillion for this one. Please start on the gray island on the right side of the map.
Diazepane
Svetlana
Rassmussen
Daedin

Hok Fong
Kal'Ryon

Here's the Deep Bog rules for Reference:
A square that is part of a deep bog has roughly 4 feet of standing water. It costs Medium or larger creatures 4 squares of movement to move into a square with a deep bog, or characters can swim if they wish. Small or smaller creatures must swim to move through a deep bog. Tumbling is impossible in a deep bog.
The water in a deep bog provides cover for Medium or larger creatures. Smaller creatures gain improved cover (+8 bonus to AC, +4 bonus on Reflex saves). Medium or larger creatures can crouch as a move action to gain this improved cover. Creatures with this improved cover take a –10 penalty on attacks against creatures that aren’t underwater.

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Oracle(life)11(dual cursed:lame, wasting disease)|darkvision 60'|HP:62/80|AC:24.F24,T12|F+7,R+5,W+11|Init+2|Spd20|PERC+6|DIP+12|HNDL ANIM+4|HEAL+15|KN(his)+5|KN(nat)+5|KN(Pln)+5|KN(rel)+8|PERF(lute)+4|SENSE MOT+9|SPELL+7|SURV +6

Rassmussen moves to Svetlana and casts Freedom of Movement on her.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK7 - HP124 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMB17 CMD31 F:+14 R:+9: W+8/ Perc+13 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Svetlana smiles as the magic takes hold from Ras and charges across the battlefield!

Charge/Human Bane/Silversheen/PA/Overhand Chop.
Attack 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 22 + 2 = 38
Damage 1d10 + 25 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 25 + (1, 1) + 3 = 36
+Intimidate 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26to Demoralise (shaken) vs 10+HD+WisMod

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper 8th / Slayer 2nd / Ranger 2| HP:100/100 | AC:27 T:18 FF:19| CMB:12 CMD:29 | Saves F:+13 R:+23 W:+7 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+14 | Per: +24

Following up the Hellknight’s charge, Daedîn quickly draws his bow (Quick Draw feat) and fires a volley of cold iron to rain down on the corpulent eunuch…

To hit: Base/Dex, Weapon Focus, Magic, Bracers of Lesser Archery, Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim, Precise Shot, Deadeye Bowman
Damage: Magic, Strength, Deadly Aim

Longbow (Manyshot) vs FFAC: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (10) + 18 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 27
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + 6 = 13
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 6 = 12

Longbow (Rapid Shot) vs FFAC: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 18 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 25
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + 6 = 13

Longbow (Iterative) vs FFAC: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 32
Confirmation (Iterative): 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 32
Magic/Cold Iron/Critical Damage: 3d8 + 6 + 6 + 18 ⇒ (6, 6, 2) + 6 + 6 + 18 = 44


Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

As Svetlana and Daedin launch their attacks, it becomes evident that Hok Fong has borrowed a page from Ganyavesha's playbook as he seems to Blink in and out of existence.

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 16

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 77

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 56

Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 51

Svetlana's mighty swipe goes right through where he is and is not, but Daedin's timing is impeccable and his final arrow is critical.

Their opponent falls before he can even act, eliciting a cry of stunned approval from the crowd.

The Emissary's men move quickly to remove Hok Fong from the arena before any of the swarms of leeches that have been seeded in the mud can get to him.

Kiang Zhen is there to hand over their prize, a periapt of wound closure.

Gomwai's team eliminate their opponents in the muddy pit almost as quickly as the Pathfinders did Hok Fong.

As monks take away the trappings of the previous round and spellcasters get to work setting the fight stage for the next match, the Emissary rises and speaks loudly to the crowd.

"Our next Challenge is extended to all remaining contestants. It is perhaps the most dangerous task and battle any will face during this contest. Slaying of the brine dragon Huyanwo, who has ravaged the region of the island known as the Ridge of Graves for generations!"

A gasp goes up from the crowd and several of the remaining contestants look at one another to see if anyone else is taking the Emissary up on his challenge, but none react visibly in favor or against such a decision.

The Emissary looks expectantly at the gathered contestants.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper 8th / Slayer 2nd / Ranger 2| HP:100/100 | AC:27 T:18 FF:19| CMB:12 CMD:29 | Saves F:+13 R:+23 W:+7 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+14 | Per: +24

Daedîn looks at his teammates before shrugging, saying, ”Why not? Count me in…”

Silver Crusade

open | NG male (he/him) human (Varisian) alchemist 13 | AC 27 (T 16, FF 23) | HP 120/120 | P +21, I +4 | F +16 (+18 vs poison), R +17, W +12 | Bombs: 23/23, Fly: 13/13, Clover: 3/3 | Active Conditions: ant haul

Diazepane takes to the air, flying 10' up and 40' WNW, and then winds up a bomb to throw ... only to find Hok Fong turned into a pincushion.

He looks ecstatic when he's offered the chance to show of some of his combat skills.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK7 - HP124 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMB17 CMD31 F:+14 R:+9: W+8/ Perc+13 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Svetlana admires the handiwork with a grin "I think I'm just going to stick with my bow, its just not worth the jog"

"Before I go an dislodge a Dragon from its territory, I would know more about it and why there is disunity"

Svetlana turns to her fellows "What is a brine dragon? Is it evil or just angry? What do we know of their strengths and weaknesses?"

"Fighting willing participants in a competition is one thing, but I am wary of being duped into being a hired thug against the creature without just cause"


Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

I could go through the farce of making Diazepane roll a knowledge (arcana) check, but I suspect he would pass it with flying colors so, when he gets a chance, he knows and reveals the following:
Although not inherently evil, brine dragons have little patience for kindness and philanthropy. As they age, they grow more and more opinionated and obsessed with power—by adult age, a brine dragon counts itself a failure if it doesn't rule over a collection of “lesser beings” such as humans, merfolk, locathah, or even sahuagin.

Far from being offended at being questioned, the Emissary seems pleased and begins telling the tale of Huyanwo with the relish of someone speaking of a local legend and polish of long practice.

"Huyanwo is a primal brine dragon who made his home on Xielan Island some 175 years ago. Finding the village now called Old Harbor undefended, he had grand ambitions of ruling the fisherfolk in the town from a nearby grotto. When the peasants refused to submit to the dragon’s demands of tribute, he became enraged and laid waste to the village, furthering superstitions that the island was haunted and uninhabitable. Now, without a sizeable human population left for him to rule, Huyanwo has set his sights on colonies of sahuagin and locathahs in the deeper waters of Xu Hong Bay, far from Xielan Island.

"During the Ruby Phoenix Tournament, however, he always stays close to his lair in order to protect it from ambitious competitors—and perhaps in the hope of gaining human allies he can coerce into helping him establish
true dominion over the island.

"Any competitors would certainly demonstrate their bravery and power if they vanquished this scourge upon our island."

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK7 - HP124 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMB17 CMD31 F:+14 R:+9: W+8/ Perc+13 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

"All the ignorance of Cheliax yet none of the wisdom" Svetlana slaps her well-worn copy of The Measure and The Chain on the table, "It is quite clear that leadership comes with the responsibility to show correct stewardship and care of ones citizens - a thriving industrious populous and strong, strict social order are the building blocks of strength - both of the community and the citizens themselves" she finishes her complaint stabbing her finger at a few lines about leaders and rulers in The Measure.

"I will also go and speak with this dragon, not to seek violence, but to seek order"


Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

When you announce your intention to face Huyanwo, there is some cheering from the crowd but they largely begin to talk and whisper in surprise, expectation and speculation.

Some even follow you out to the ridge of graves, though they all stop far enough away to keep from becoming collateral damage.

The wind whips wildly across the face of the cliff and the tide pounds mercilessly against the rocks in the dizzying drop below, but you do not have long to enjoy the view before the great brine dragon appears.

"Greetings, worms," his voice booms like the waves smashing against the rocks. "Have you come to pledge your allegiance and fealty to the mighty Huyanwo or to claim your own place on the Ridge of Graves?"

You can see an image of Huyanwo on slide 10.

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Oracle(life)11(dual cursed:lame, wasting disease)|darkvision 60'|HP:62/80|AC:24.F24,T12|F+7,R+5,W+11|Init+2|Spd20|PERC+6|DIP+12|HNDL ANIM+4|HEAL+15|KN(his)+5|KN(nat)+5|KN(Pln)+5|KN(rel)+8|PERF(lute)+4|SENSE MOT+9|SPELL+7|SURV +6

As the audience with the dragon begins, Rassmussen Blesses the party.

Largely to give us all the +1 save vs fear for once this discussion transitions to combat. :)

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK7 - HP124 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMB17 CMD31 F:+14 R:+9: W+8/ Perc+13 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

"Neither your Lordship. I come to see how such a grand dragon has found itself without a fitting fiefdom - because they apparently destroyed it - and why they would now seek rulership over a minor island mostly frequented by tourists, with an apparent intent to expand to locathah and sahaguin - neither of which is exactly aspiring to greatness"

"I understand that for your own reasons you have chosen to establish a lair here, and it is a lovely island, however, I would remind you that the reason you now have to fly back and protect it is that you lack loyal subjects who could do so on your behalf - or at least act as eyes and ears in your absence. I would go so far as to suggest that there has been a significant oversight - the role of the ruler is to protect their subjects and ensure prosperity - the more prosperous the citizens, the grander the tribute, and the more people seek to move to your territory and this your kingdom expands. Laws, justice, systems, authority - all tools used for an orderly society that can deliver what you seek"

"Destroying a village full of fishermen peasants because they didn't give tribute doesn't align to greatness, they should have been eternally happy to share with you in exchange for the protection and prosperity you brought them - you did bring protection and prosperity surely? How is it that they remained peasant fishermen who refused to give you...fish?"

"You are leaving yourself exposed, without firm allies or subjects, and stuck without the glory and greatness of your peers"

"If you would indulge us, there is a better way"


Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

"What you say is the sort of nonsense that I expect from such minor creatures. The role of a ruler is to receive the loyalty, admiration and tribute from their subjects. It is their role to prosper so that they may bring more tribute to their liege.

"You are partially, correct, though. This island is beneath the dignity of my rule. Yet, it is mine and I shall not give it up.

"Should you like to pledge your loyalty to me and drag these peasants into prosperity so that they may provide me with the sort of tribute I deserve, I will provide the protection they deserve.

"Otherwise, you may cast your belongings at my feet and I will allow you to use those feet to walk away."

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK7 - HP124 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMB17 CMD31 F:+14 R:+9: W+8/ Perc+13 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Walking as she talks, making a small space to avoid all concentrating in one spot for a breath weapon as a reply...

"We're not interested in serving you or indulging your threats. We're here to help you on the righteous path to true glory, but if you insist on ruling over a burnt-out hermit kingdom then so be it. The work is yours to do, not mine"

"What you suggest a ruler does sounds wildly misplaced and the talk of a robber baron - loyalty and admiration come from the rulers deeds, and the prosperity from their wisdom"

Svetlana shrugs and looks to the party.

"I don't think it is in the mood to parley"

"Daedin, arrows please"

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Oracle(life)11(dual cursed:lame, wasting disease)|darkvision 60'|HP:62/80|AC:24.F24,T12|F+7,R+5,W+11|Init+2|Spd20|PERC+6|DIP+12|HNDL ANIM+4|HEAL+15|KN(his)+5|KN(nat)+5|KN(Pln)+5|KN(rel)+8|PERF(lute)+4|SENSE MOT+9|SPELL+7|SURV +6
EbonFist wrote:
"What you say is the sort of nonsense that I expect from such minor creatures. The role of a ruler is to receive the loyalty, admiration and tribute from their subjects. It is their role to prosper so that they may bring more tribute to their liege.

"Fascist." mutters Rassmussen disapprovingly.

Svetlana wrote:
"I don't think it is in the mood to parley"

"No, he's being a total drag."


Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

"I'm sure you'll make lovely flowers."

Being Salty:

Init Diazepane: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Init Kal’Ryon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Init Svetlana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Init Hyanwo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Init Rassmussen: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Init Daedin: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Please place yourselves anywhere on slide 4. Note that the water part is actually water...100' down from the cliff side. I'll wait until tomorrow to post his turn. Anyone not on the board at that time will be placed in a nice, breath weaponable cluster.

Round 1, the BOLD may act.
Huyanwo
Diazepane
Daedin
Svetlana
Kal'Ryon
Rassmussen

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Oracle(life)11(dual cursed:lame, wasting disease)|darkvision 60'|HP:62/80|AC:24.F24,T12|F+7,R+5,W+11|Init+2|Spd20|PERC+6|DIP+12|HNDL ANIM+4|HEAL+15|KN(his)+5|KN(nat)+5|KN(Pln)+5|KN(rel)+8|PERF(lute)+4|SENSE MOT+9|SPELL+7|SURV +6
EbonFist wrote:
"I'm sure you'll make lovely flowers."

Rass smiles in spite of himself, as this is a lovely sentiment.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Bloodrager 5/DD 6 | HP 136/136 (169*) | Resistance (5 Acid, Electricity, Sonic, Fire +10*) DR 5/magic |AC 23 (*22) (32 buffed) |Rage*:16/16 BW 2/2 Quibble 1/1, Spells 1st: 3/3 2nd: 2/2|CMB +13 (15*) (+2 trip), CMD 29 | F: +16/*+19, R: +9, W: +11/*+13 (+2 charm, 1/1 Reroll) |Perc: +6 Dipl +14 DV 60', Blind: 30'| 30ft | Conditions:

Kal simply chuckles as the hell knight attempts her conversation about order, loyalty, and greatness- though his hands grip and regrip the polearm blade he is currently leaned on.

After the arrows comment

Well, about time. I knew it would end this way. YOU knew it would end this way... so let's just end it.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK7 - HP124 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMB17 CMD31 F:+14 R:+9: W+8/ Perc+13 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Icons placed!


Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Huyanwo hits Daedin and Diazepane with a stream of water so salty that it peels away skin and eats at the flesh beneath then takes to the air.

Breath Weapon (Acid): 12d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 2, 5, 3, 5, 2, 4, 2) = 30

Round 1, the BOLD may act.
Huyanwo
Diazepane -30HP DC21Refl for half
Daedin -30HP DC21Refl for half
Svetlana
Kal'Ryon
Rassmussen

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK7 - HP124 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMB17 CMD31 F:+14 R:+9: W+8/ Perc+13 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Svetlana starts casting...

Full round action, see you next round!

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper 8th / Slayer 2nd / Ranger 2| HP:100/100 | AC:27 T:18 FF:19| CMB:12 CMD:29 | Saves F:+13 R:+23 W:+7 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+14 | Per: +24
'Hellion' Svetlana Irriseni wrote:
"Daedin, arrows please"

Eyeing the dragon, the Elf nods in answer, murmuring, ”As you wish, m’Lady,” as he dodges the dragon’s breath…

Reflex w/ Evasion: 1d10 + 23 ⇒ (5) + 23 = 28 (No damage taken)

…and then unleashes a volley on the dragon…

To hit: Base/Dex, Weapon Focus, Magic, Bracers of Lesser Archery, Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim, Precise Shot, Deadeye Bowman, Far Shot/Sniper
Damage: Magic, Strength, Deadly Aim

Longbow (Manyshot): 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 32
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 + 6 = 16
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + 6 = 11

Longbow (Iterative): 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 16
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 6 = 12

Longbow (Rapid Shot): 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 18 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 = 36
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 6 = 15

…and then steps 5’ SW…

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Oracle(life)11(dual cursed:lame, wasting disease)|darkvision 60'|HP:62/80|AC:24.F24,T12|F+7,R+5,W+11|Init+2|Spd20|PERC+6|DIP+12|HNDL ANIM+4|HEAL+15|KN(his)+5|KN(nat)+5|KN(Pln)+5|KN(rel)+8|PERF(lute)+4|SENSE MOT+9|SPELL+7|SURV +6

Rassmussen absorbs 5hp damage from Diazepane.

He then takes a step forward and casts Freedom of Movement on Kal'Ryon.

Silver Crusade

open | NG male (he/him) human (Varisian) alchemist 13 | AC 27 (T 16, FF 23) | HP 120/120 | P +21, I +4 | F +16 (+18 vs poison), R +17, W +12 | Bombs: 23/23, Fly: 13/13, Clover: 3/3 | Active Conditions: ant haul

Reflex: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 vs DC 21

Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 9
+23 Arcana/Nature, +20 Local/Planes, +9 all else

Diazepane unfurls his bee wings and flies 30' into the air, and then heaves a single bomb. Frost > force > fire

Bomb, 3rd range increment: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 4 = 15 vs touch
Cold: 6d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 4, 3, 4) + 8 = 26 plus DC 24 Fortitude vs staggered

14 splash cold on a miss (DC 24 Reflex for half), 14 cold next turn on a hit


Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Svetlana begins casting a spell, and it takes a while so you know it's going to be a good one.

Daedin strikes home with his first two and final arrows though the middle one goes well wide.

Diazepane's bomb strikes true.

Fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

And the Dice Gods decide that the GM will have to figure out what happens to a flying creature who is Staggered by 1 point.

Rassmussen feel's Diazepane's.

Diazepane knows that Huyanwo is an Adult Brine dragon. He has an acidic breath weapon, is immune to acid, paralysis and sleep, is resistant to physical damage, but is overcome by magic but is also resistant to direct spells. He also has a veritable plethora of spells at his command.

Round 1, the BOLD may act.
Huyanwo -68HP Staggered 14HP next round.
Diazepane -10HP
Daedin
Svetlana
Kal'Ryon
Rassmussen -5HP

Dark Archive

Ganzi Bloodrager 5/DD 6 | HP 136/136 (169*) | Resistance (5 Acid, Electricity, Sonic, Fire +10*) DR 5/magic |AC 23 (*22) (32 buffed) |Rage*:16/16 BW 2/2 Quibble 1/1, Spells 1st: 3/3 2nd: 2/2|CMB +13 (15*) (+2 trip), CMD 29 | F: +16/*+19, R: +9, W: +11/*+13 (+2 charm, 1/1 Reroll) |Perc: +6 Dipl +14 DV 60', Blind: 30'| 30ft | Conditions:

The images of all future battles and outcomes flash before Kal's eyes, and he moves forward- forming a Ganzi wall in front of the archer. Rage

He takes in a deep breath, waiting for the dragon to approach before returning... fire.

Readied attack, breath weapon, 30ft cone

Breath Weapon, DC 19 Reflex: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 6, 2) = 17


Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Though ice rimes its wings and it isn't able to make any forward motion, the dragon manages to hover in place.

It cast's a spell and driving sleet fills the ridge.

It blocks all sight (even darkvision) within it and causes the ground in the area to be icy. A creature can walk within or through the area of sleet at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move in that round, while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details).

Round 2, the BOLD may act.
Huyanwo -82HP
Diazepane -10HP (above the Sleet)
Daedin
Svetlana
Kal'Ryon
Rassmussen -5HP

Silver Crusade

open | NG male (he/him) human (Varisian) alchemist 13 | AC 27 (T 16, FF 23) | HP 120/120 | P +21, I +4 | F +16 (+18 vs poison), R +17, W +12 | Bombs: 23/23, Fly: 13/13, Clover: 3/3 | Active Conditions: ant haul

Diazepane "steps" forward, hurling bombs one after another.

I don't know why I've never thought about this, but if it gets staggered, I'm going to switch to force bomb, to try to get it both prone and staggered. So, basically, frost bombs until it is staggered, and then force bombs to try to knock it prone.

Frost Bomb, RS, 3rd range increment: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 2 - 4 = 24 vs touch
Cold: 6d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 5, 2, 1, 3, 4) + 8 = 29 plus DC 24 Fort vs staggered

Bomb, RS, 3rd range increment: 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 2 - 4 = 10 vs touch
Cold: 6d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 4, 2, 6) + 8 = 24 plus DC 24 Fort vs staggered
Force: 6d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 3, 2, 4) + 8 = 24 plus DC 24 Reflex vs prone

Bomb, iterative, 3rd range increment: 1d20 + 9 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 - 4 = 15 vs touch
Cold: 6d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 5, 2, 3) + 8 = 27 plus DC 24 Fort vs staggered
Force: 6d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 4, 4, 1, 2, 3) + 8 = 25 plus DC 24 Reflex vs prone

14 splash cold/force on a miss (DC 24 Reflex for half), 14 cold/force next turn on a hit.

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Oracle(life)11(dual cursed:lame, wasting disease)|darkvision 60'|HP:62/80|AC:24.F24,T12|F+7,R+5,W+11|Init+2|Spd20|PERC+6|DIP+12|HNDL ANIM+4|HEAL+15|KN(his)+5|KN(nat)+5|KN(Pln)+5|KN(rel)+8|PERF(lute)+4|SENSE MOT+9|SPELL+7|SURV +6

"Whooooaa, heavyyyyy... says Rassmussen as he staggers forward.

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Before the sleet storm had dropped, Rassmussen had noted the position of Daedin straight in front of him-- that was roughly his target. He hobbles forward on his club foot with his hands held out before him. If he should encounter Daedin, he'll cast Freedom of Movement on him. If not, he continues forward another 20 feet.

Rassmussen absorbs 5hp damage from Diazepane.

Kal'Ryon already has Freedom of Movement, and so should be able to move forward without a check. I don't think True Seeing will help with this concealment since it's a physical fog-like effect.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper 8th / Slayer 2nd / Ranger 2| HP:100/100 | AC:27 T:18 FF:19| CMB:12 CMD:29 | Saves F:+13 R:+23 W:+7 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+14 | Per: +24

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (17) + 28 = 45

Daedîn moves 30’ east thru the magical blizzard…

Double move

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK7 - HP124 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMB17 CMD31 F:+14 R:+9: W+8/ Perc+13 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

Acro Svet - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Svetlana is stuck in the mist.

A creature floats from the mist that resembles golden, crystalline dust forming a shifting mass of glowing mathematical symbols and equations.


Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Given its size, it isn't too surprising that all of Diazepane's bombs strike the dragon.

It is surprising to the crowd and even more surprising to Huyanwo when the bombs continue to add to his mortal damage until the last one proves to be a lethal blow.

The great beast, the scourge of Xielan Island tumbles into the surf below like a kite with a broken string, his body further battered by the tide.

Combat over. Add "Dragonslayers" to the Pathfinder Team's accolades.

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK7 - HP124 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMB17 CMD31 F:+14 R:+9: W+8/ Perc+13 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

"Take its head, have it mounted, and a plaque added that reminds rulers of a duty to care of their subjects and as a caution against lawlessness"

"Let's go find the lair"

Dark Archive

Ganzi Bloodrager 5/DD 6 | HP 136/136 (169*) | Resistance (5 Acid, Electricity, Sonic, Fire +10*) DR 5/magic |AC 23 (*22) (32 buffed) |Rage*:16/16 BW 2/2 Quibble 1/1, Spells 1st: 3/3 2nd: 2/2|CMB +13 (15*) (+2 trip), CMD 29 | F: +16/*+19, R: +9, W: +11/*+13 (+2 charm, 1/1 Reroll) |Perc: +6 Dipl +14 DV 60', Blind: 30'| 30ft | Conditions:

Just as Kal manages to press through the sleet, he finds himself looking at a now downed dragon. With a heavy sigh, he lifts back up his blade on his shoulders.

You know, one of these days I might get to actually hit something...

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper 8th / Slayer 2nd / Ranger 2| HP:100/100 | AC:27 T:18 FF:19| CMB:12 CMD:29 | Saves F:+13 R:+23 W:+7 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+14 | Per: +24

Daedîn deadpans, ”Perhaps you should use a bow, Kal,” before arching an eyebrow in interest ar Svetlana’s words. ”Hmm…a lair you say? Do we have time?”

Dark Archive

F Tief (Pit) Ftr 5/HK7 - HP124 AC-28/T-15/F-25 CMB17 CMD31 F:+14 R:+9: W+8/ Perc+13 - Dkvis 60' |Init+5(+combat reflex), Move 30'.

"Well to be fair Kal, we have turned this whole affair into an archery competition which is fine by me as the objective is to win. At some stage should the worst happen some poor unfortunate with arrow-proof pants is going to consider themselves blessed just long enough to find out what sort of nightmarish acts we dish out instead"

"In the meantime this is saving me so many hours of armour maintenance and cleaning" she jests.

"A lair, and surely we will have time - they sent us on this silly errand - they can wait for our triumphant return"


Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

A few of the braver bystanders approach the edge of the cliff and lean over to see if Huyanwo is truly defeated. When the flesh isn't immediately scoured from their bones by a high powered jet of salt water, the others hurry to join them.

There are no obvious signs of a lair...above the surface of the water...

Silver Crusade

open | NG male (he/him) human (Varisian) alchemist 13 | AC 27 (T 16, FF 23) | HP 120/120 | P +21, I +4 | F +16 (+18 vs poison), R +17, W +12 | Bombs: 23/23, Fly: 13/13, Clover: 3/3 | Active Conditions: ant haul
Kal'ryon wrote:
You know, one of these days I might get to actually hit something...

"You've saved my life plenty of times. You can let me have a turn once in a while."

---

Diazepane doesn't see a lair, but he's willing to look under the water. As a matter of fact, he offers a way that they can all go, together. Diazepane has a potion of water breathing, and using extracts of alchemical allocation, we can all take sips and get the effect without consuming the potion.

I suggest we all go or all stay on land. Splitting the party underwater seems bad.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Bloodrager 5/DD 6 | HP 136/136 (169*) | Resistance (5 Acid, Electricity, Sonic, Fire +10*) DR 5/magic |AC 23 (*22) (32 buffed) |Rage*:16/16 BW 2/2 Quibble 1/1, Spells 1st: 3/3 2nd: 2/2|CMB +13 (15*) (+2 trip), CMD 29 | F: +16/*+19, R: +9, W: +11/*+13 (+2 charm, 1/1 Reroll) |Perc: +6 Dipl +14 DV 60', Blind: 30'| 30ft | Conditions:

Freedom of movement is useful for any water adventure. I vote we go under the sea. Also- this player doesn't care about not being in combat... Kal might be a little miffed about it.

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Oracle(life)11(dual cursed:lame, wasting disease)|darkvision 60'|HP:62/80|AC:24.F24,T12|F+7,R+5,W+11|Init+2|Spd20|PERC+6|DIP+12|HNDL ANIM+4|HEAL+15|KN(his)+5|KN(nat)+5|KN(Pln)+5|KN(rel)+8|PERF(lute)+4|SENSE MOT+9|SPELL+7|SURV +6

Rassmussen seems excited by the prospect of going underwater and breathing water like a fish, and rapidly assents to the search for the dragon's lair.

"It'll be like looking for the lost city of the Azlanti!" he enthuses, then pulls out his lute.

"Way dowwwwwn beneath the ocean
Way dowwwwwn beneath the sea..."


Ruby Phoenix Tournament Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Under the sea! It's so much better, down where it's wetter,

because that's where you find a small grotto under the cliffs on the south side of the Ridge of Graves. The entrance rests 20 feet below the waterline even at low tide, and cannot be seen from the surface. The cave is dark and ominous but no creature would dare to enter the dragon's lair, even if it is rarely home so there are no threats.

Within lies Huyanwo’s hoard, amassed over the last 2 centuries: a +1 blinding heavy steel shield, 2 vials of elixir of vision, a gray bag of tricks, an incandescent blue sphere ioun stone, a lesser silent metamagic rod, 200 pp, 800 gp, 3,000 sp, and 50,000 cp.

There is a roar of approval as the Pathfinders enter the arena and throw the head of the tyrant dragon that has been terrorizing them for centuries onto the sand.

"You continue to impress," the Emissary says.

As they exit the arena to thunderous cheers and applause, Gomwai sneers at them from where he leans against a structural post.

"I was hoping the dragon would punish your stupidity with death and make my victory in the tournament that much easier, but fate favors fools, I suppose."

They receive adulation and congratulations from all who pass and have a few hours off before being called back in for the day's test.

Upon great carts, the Emissary’s servants wheel in a dozen iron maidens cast in the likenesses of praying monks. While their interiors contain none of the typical spikes or blades of the famed torture devices, the iron sarcophagi nevertheless close and lock in the same manner, creating a claustrophobic space from which few can escape. Locked within the iron skins, each participating contestant is subjected to trials that test her endurance and physical fortitude. Specific tests and their effects are listed on the table below. To succeed, an individual must remain conscious until the end of the trial. Each of you may attempt as many trials as you wish but you may only attempt each one once, and should declare which trial you will attempt before the details of each trial are described.

Trials
Drowning Idol
Fiery Idol
Pain Idol
Poison Idol
Winter Idol

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper 8th / Slayer 2nd / Ranger 2| HP:100/100 | AC:27 T:18 FF:19| CMB:12 CMD:29 | Saves F:+13 R:+23 W:+7 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+14 | Per: +24
Gomwai* wrote:

As they exit the arena to thunderous cheers and applause, Gomwai sneers at them from where he leans against a structural post.

"I was hoping the dragon would punish your stupidity with death and make my victory in the tournament that much easier, but fate favors fools, I suppose."

Daedîn smirks as he gives a mocking bow. ”Ah, Sir Pin-cushion! Hoping that others will accomplish what you cannot? I noticed you didn’t accept the dragon’s challenge. Perhaps fate does favor fools…but I doubt it favors cowards…”

“EbonFist” wrote:
Locked within the iron skins, each participating contestant is subjected to trials that test her endurance and physical fortitude. Specific tests and their effects are listed on the table below. To succeed, an individual must remain conscious until the end of the trial. Each of you may attempt as many trials as you wish but you may only attempt each one once

Looking askew at the iron skins before shrugging, the Elf announces, ”I will attempt the fiery and winter trials…”

351 to 400 of 425 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ebon Fist's Ruby Phoenix Tournament All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.