PFS2e 5-01 - Year of Unfettered Exploration - Take 2 (KS) (Inactive)

Game Master phaeton_nz

Tier 1-4
Challenge Points: 20
Subtier: 3-4
Repeatable
Slides
Hero Points: Voron-1; Ulvard-2; Magima-2; Eldryon-CC; Tristan-2; Eddie-2


251 to 288 of 288 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Envoy's Alliance

LG Human(1/2 O) Barbarian-2; THP 5/5; HP 18/38; hero 2/3; minor healing potion 1/1; AC 19 (18 when raging); Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +7; Perc +7; Conditions:

If Ulvard started on 38, he took three from the first shark attack. the plant has grabbed but no indication of damage from that. Red does then 12 and another 5 from green. I think that is 20 in total. He is in rage now, so also has 5 temporary hp, which may be very helpful all too soon.
I think I am 20 down, but could have missed something.

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

The plant hasn't done actual damage yet. And I wasn't sure if the 28 to hit was a crit or not. I thought it was. And since I forgot about the first hit, it should have seen 32 I typed.

Envoy's Alliance

LG Human(1/2 O) Barbarian-2; THP 5/5; HP 18/38; hero 2/3; minor healing potion 1/1; AC 19 (18 when raging); Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +7; Perc +7; Conditions:

AC19 until I rage, so the 28 was not *quite* a crit. Would be a crit after this round though.

Verdant Wheel

Fungus Leshy | Leaf Druid 4 | Fire Resist 2 | Poison Resist 2 HP 48/48 | AC19 | F +10 R +8 W +12 | Perc +12 | Shield: Hardness 3; 12/12 HP Speed: 30 | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

"You should keep your humanoid liquids inside, not outside Ulvard the Tall. They are turning the water pink." Eddie calls on the fungal spirits of healing, sending a rejuvenating rush of life force into the big man.

◆◆ 2nd Level Heal: 2d8 + 16 ⇒ (8, 1) + 16 = 25

They follow it up with some keen Guidance for the man on how to proceed.

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

Eddie heals up Ulvard to full.

Speaking of humanoid liquids, the plant attached to Ulvard attempts to suck him dry.
drain water: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Round 2
Eddie
Ulvard [grabbed by Red] (-1)
Voron
Eldryon
Cyan (0) [attached Ulvard]
Tristan
Red (-23)
Green(-14)
Magima

Envoy's Alliance

LG Human(1/2 O) Barbarian-2; THP 5/5; HP 18/38; hero 2/3; minor healing potion 1/1; AC 19 (18 when raging); Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +7; Perc +7; Conditions:

"Arrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh" froths Ulvard. Which might mean "Thank you", "shark for dinner", "ouch", or "Actually I was hoping to refill my fluids in the alehouse" - but in his current state of agitation it is pretty hard to make out anything other than "Arrrghhhhh"

4/5 temporary hp, full regular hp

Verdant Wheel

AC 19 | HP 24 | Speed 25 ft. |Expert Fort: +8 Trained Reflex: +7 Expert Will: +7|Curse, lesser|

action 1 substained the aura of bless to 20ft.
Action 2: weapon surge
Action 3: shoot green.

attack inside 30ft+bless vs green: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 24piercing, moderate curse, spirit: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + (4) = 9

The projection behind Tristan become more and more clear as his bow gains a shining light and shoots Green.

[moderate curse always -1 ac and saves]

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

Green gets critically skewered.

Since Red has Ulvard grabbed, it then drags him straight down into the water (100ft), then bites him again.
bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 piercing: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 + Grab

Ulvard is no longer grabbed but he, the lamphrey and the shark are now 100ft below the surface of the water.

Round 2
Magma

Round 3
Eddie
Ulvard (-1) - 100ft down
Voron
Eldryon
Cyan (0) [attached Ulvard] - 100ft down
Tristan
Red (-23) - 100ft down

Horizon Hunters

HP 18/18 | AC 18 | resist slashing 1 | F+9, R+6, W+3 | Perc +3 | Move 30 ft. | ◈ Tiefling Kineticist 1 |

Magima boldly dives into the strange pool, and with all her might throws an extra-aquadynamic stone spear at the red shark. It's probably actually a trident cuz she thinks that seems more underwatery. So the range of her 100-foot range infusion is cut to 50 feet, so should be 1 range increment.

◈ Stride into the water
◈◈ Earth Blast, Range 100/2 Weapon Infusion, bless, 1 range increment: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 24
Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Grand Archive

male elf (seer) wizard (unified magic theory, cleric) 4 | ♥️ 30| ⛨ 19* | F +8, R +8, W +11 | Perc +9; low-light vision | Stealth +8 | 30’ | wizard spells 1 ☑dizzying colors ☐force barrage ☑mystic armor; spells 2 ☐blazing bolt ☑floating flame ☐revealing light | drain bonded item [1][2] | cleric spells 1 ☑heal | focus ☐ | hero 1 | Active Conditions: mystic armor

Voron moves over to take aim and blast the thing off of Ulvard.

◆ Stride
◆◆ Cast (somatic, verbal) telekinetic projectile at CYAN
Spell attack CYAN, B damage (inspired): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 192d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 + 1 = 15

Envoy's Alliance

LG Human(1/2 O) Barbarian-2; THP 5/5; HP 18/38; hero 2/3; minor healing potion 1/1; AC 19 (18 when raging); Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +7; Perc +7; Conditions:

Gota love how ankle deep water goes to 100'. I blame planar energies.

Ulvard bubbles his displeasure at the shark.
attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
damage: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 = 15 Hmm, 30 from the crit
attack: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 5 = 7
damage: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11
He then tries to escape from the lamphrey
athletics(escape): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

* strike
* strike (if shark is still alive after the crit)
* try to escape.
(if the shark died, then his last action will be to swim toward the surface)

Verdant Wheel

Fungus Leshy | Leaf Druid 4 | Fire Resist 2 | Poison Resist 2 HP 48/48 | AC19 | F +10 R +8 W +12 | Perc +12 | Shield: Hardness 3; 12/12 HP Speed: 30 | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

Eddie's eyes go wide as the trio of thrashing figures disappear beneath the shallow surface "Does Ulvard the Tall breath water?" Eddie steps down into the water and submerges their head, eager to see what's going on.

Eddie knows their healing may be important, they kick their stubby feet and try to swim down to help.

Athletics to Swim: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Athletics to Swim: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Grand Archive

Investigator 2 AC 19 | HP 20/20 | F +3 R +9 W +7 | Init +7 Perception| Speed 30 ft. | Exploration Mode Investigate | Trap Finder (+1)

Having no enemies in sight and not wanting to plunge into the waters, Eldryon waits for a target or to help a comrade in need.

Delay

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

Magima's 'trident' hits the shark (-34)
Voron compensates for refraction and hits the lamprey - killing it
Ulvard critically turns the shark into chum.
Eddie finds themselves in deep water too.

--- Combat Over ---

Once the elementals are taken care of, the elemental rifts slowly close, leaving behind only the shallow pool, a line of burnt grass, and the odd-looking trees. You have just enough time to get back to the Grand Lodge to be on time for the party.

Do you do so?

Envoy's Alliance

LG Human(1/2 O) Barbarian-2; THP 5/5; HP 18/38; hero 2/3; minor healing potion 1/1; AC 19 (18 when raging); Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +7; Perc +7; Conditions:

Ulvard emerges from the surprising depths, hitting the surface like a while breaching.

"Arrghhhhh!" he roars. Probably no longer in pain, so it must be satisfaction.

Seeing no other enemies he strikes out for shore, a big grin on his face.

"Ulvard likes parties!"

Verdant Wheel

AC 19 | HP 24 | Speed 25 ft. |Expert Fort: +8 Trained Reflex: +7 Expert Will: +7|Curse, lesser|

The call of battle still ring into Tristan. A baleful aura surround him even if his posture stays the same.

He closes his eyes to concentrate and the aura disappears. It doesn't change that for the rest of the day, Tristan will feel sick unless he punches someone. That's a real curse.

Horizon Hunters

HP 18/18 | AC 18 | resist slashing 1 | F+9, R+6, W+3 | Perc +3 | Move 30 ft. | ◈ Tiefling Kineticist 1 |

With foes defeated, Magima turns and breaches the surface of the water before the elemental rift closes. She starts to steam as she dries herself off with the fires of her own internal elemental gate.

Moments later she offers a polite but surely unneeded hand to pull Ulvard out of the water as he returns to shore from his deep dive. "The party wouldn't be the same without its heroes. Everyone who has heard of Ulvard would surely lament at his absence!"

Ready to head to that party.

Grand Archive

male elf (seer) wizard (unified magic theory, cleric) 4 | ♥️ 30| ⛨ 19* | F +8, R +8, W +11 | Perc +9; low-light vision | Stealth +8 | 30’ | wizard spells 1 ☑dizzying colors ☐force barrage ☑mystic armor; spells 2 ☐blazing bolt ☑floating flame ☐revealing light | drain bonded item [1][2] | cleric spells 1 ☑heal | focus ☐ | hero 1 | Active Conditions: mystic armor

Voron brushes himself off as the chaos subsides.

Surely there won't be any further interruptions from this point! Let us return hastily.

Envoy's Alliance

LG Human(1/2 O) Barbarian-2; THP 5/5; HP 18/38; hero 2/3; minor healing potion 1/1; AC 19 (18 when raging); Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +7; Perc +7; Conditions:

Ulvard nods, his face serious at the implications of Magima's statement.

"Ulvard will Not Disappoint!" he says with great feeling.

Verdant Wheel

Fungus Leshy | Leaf Druid 4 | Fire Resist 2 | Poison Resist 2 HP 48/48 | AC19 | F +10 R +8 W +12 | Perc +12 | Shield: Hardness 3; 12/12 HP Speed: 30 | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

Eddie is happy to see Ulvard the Tall is safe from the shark. The spongy mushroom slowly floats back up to the surface before walking soggily to shore. "Very good everyone. Time for a party!" They shuffle their feet with excitement.

Grand Archive

Investigator 2 AC 19 | HP 20/20 | F +3 R +9 W +7 | Init +7 Perception| Speed 30 ft. | Exploration Mode Investigate | Trap Finder (+1)

Reassured that everyone gets out of the water alive, Eldryon agrees that it's time to come back for the Party at the Grand Lodge.

But before they go, she makes sure that Venture-Captain Taiwalei come back with them.

She also take a last look to where the portal was, hoping to find some clues.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13

Verdant Wheel

Fungus Leshy | Leaf Druid 4 | Fire Resist 2 | Poison Resist 2 HP 48/48 | AC19 | F +10 R +8 W +12 | Perc +12 | Shield: Hardness 3; 12/12 HP Speed: 30 | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

Eddie wrings the water out of their cap, and pirate hat to speed drying "Must look nice for the party right?" Eddie smiles and nods, making the rounds to be sure everyone is healthy for the walk home.

"If you have any bruising I can make more healing berry snacks. Just say so." This is followed by more head bobbing and nodding, so much so a few insect larvae fall from their porous cap.

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

So, back to the Grand Lodge you go, nu-friends in tow.

When you all return to the Grand Lodge’s Events Hall, you find the ballroom packed full of people who begin clapping and cheering upon seeing Taiwalei. On the far side of the room, a large banner with the words “Congratulations on Your Promotion” hangs off the walls. The first word looks a little crooked and crinkled but does not distract the energy from the hyped up crowd.

Fola pulls Taiwalei up to the small stage set up before the banner.

Friends, fellow agents, as you are all aware by now, Taiwalei has now joined the ranks of our excellent venture captains, in recognition for all he has done in helping us recruit talent from all corners of Golarion. Many would not be here if not for your enthusiasm or charity. You, Taiwalei, have been a compass to many, and we hope to see that passion continue. It is with pride and pleasure, therefore, that I present you with this opportunity: an assignment for as long as you wish at the Woodsedge Lodge, where you will be working on an effort to map out the Maze of the Open Road.

As Taiwalei jumps in excitement and accepts a token pin bearing the Woodsedge Lodge’s coat of arms, the room erupts into applause. Many shout their congratulations for the venture-captain. A few of the faction leaders look a little less enthusiastic with concern in their eyes but clap sincerely. It’s clear that they are ready to support Taiwalei in his work ahead. Besides, any doubts and reservations they had are quickly swept aside as Taiwalei approaches each of them with drinks and questions on if they have any advice going forward.

The rest of the evening goes swimmingly, full of music, performances, dances, and games. At some point during the party, Fola approaches the party to inquire how the tour went. She expresses delight at meeting Gedun and Yeyacha. It’s uncertain what befriending the duo might bring, but Fola is optimistic. A budding rivalry, meanwhile, can spell trouble for the Society’s collection of items and wealth.

Taiwalei also finds time to sit down with you and thank you for the eventful tour. He eagerly invites you to come help out any time on exploring the maze further. He also asks, So, have any of you worked with Janira Gavix or Rain in Cloudy Day before? What are they like?

That's basically the end. Downtime activities please. Will report and get Chronicles out later.

Envoy's Alliance

LG Human(1/2 O) Barbarian-2; THP 5/5; HP 18/38; hero 2/3; minor healing potion 1/1; AC 19 (18 when raging); Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +7; Perc +7; Conditions:

Ulvard contemplates what he learned, and writes another letter to the Ulfen guard, requesting admittance.

dayjob warfare lore: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Well, be pays a scribe to write it. The scribe does an excellent job, and by return mail there is a small "recruitment" stiped, with a letter of advice about next steps.

Horizon Hunters

HP 18/18 | AC 18 | resist slashing 1 | F+9, R+6, W+3 | Perc +3 | Move 30 ft. | ◈ Tiefling Kineticist 1 |

Magima answers Taiwalei's "I worked with Rain once before. I think he said he was still fairly new in the society too. Friendly mushroom leshy I think."

Met him in 4-01 Intro: Year of Boundless Wonder

Dayjob (Perform, trained): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

I think for level 1 that's just shy of the crit, so 4sp ?

Grand Archive

male elf (seer) wizard (unified magic theory, cleric) 4 | ♥️ 30| ⛨ 19* | F +8, R +8, W +11 | Perc +9; low-light vision | Stealth +8 | 30’ | wizard spells 1 ☑dizzying colors ☐force barrage ☑mystic armor; spells 2 ☐blazing bolt ☑floating flame ☐revealing light | drain bonded item [1][2] | cleric spells 1 ☑heal | focus ☐ | hero 1 | Active Conditions: mystic armor

Voron teaches seminars at the Arcanimirium between missions.

Earn Income, task 1 (DC 15 Academia Lore): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 ⇒ 2sp/day

Verdant Wheel

Fungus Leshy | Leaf Druid 4 | Fire Resist 2 | Poison Resist 2 HP 48/48 | AC19 | F +10 R +8 W +12 | Perc +12 | Shield: Hardness 3; 12/12 HP Speed: 30 | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

Eddie ponders the names, pulling out a scrap of paper and studying it for a moment before dabbing up some water and eating it. "Janira is nice, a gnome! Or maybe a really small human?" Eddie shrugs, not sure about Rain, the name is nice though.

Its too dang hard to remember which character interacted with whom... so many encounters with those two spread across many characters.

Verdant Wheel

AC 19 | HP 24 | Speed 25 ft. |Expert Fort: +8 Trained Reflex: +7 Expert Will: +7|Curse, lesser|
phaeton_nz wrote:

So, back to the Grand Lodge you go, nu-friends in tow.

When you all return to the Grand Lodge’s Events Hall, you find the ballroom packed full of people who begin clapping and cheering upon seeing Taiwalei. On the far side of the room, a large banner with the words “Congratulations on Your Promotion” hangs off the walls. The first word looks a little crooked and crinkled but does not distract the energy from the hyped up crowd.

Fola pulls Taiwalei up to the small stage set up before the banner.

Friends, fellow agents, as you are all aware by now, Taiwalei has now joined the ranks of our excellent venture captains, in recognition for all he has done in helping us recruit talent from all corners of Golarion. Many would not be here if not for your enthusiasm or charity. You, Taiwalei, have been a compass to many, and we hope to see that passion continue. It is with pride and pleasure, therefore, that I present you with this opportunity: an assignment for as long as you wish at the Woodsedge Lodge, where you will be working on an effort to map out the Maze of the Open Road.

As Taiwalei jumps in excitement and accepts a token pin bearing the Woodsedge Lodge’s coat of arms, the room erupts into applause. Many shout their congratulations for the venture-captain. A few of the faction leaders look a little less enthusiastic with concern in their eyes but clap sincerely. It’s clear that they are ready to support Taiwalei in his work ahead. Besides, any doubts and reservations they had are quickly swept aside as Taiwalei approaches each of them with drinks and questions on if they have any advice going forward.

The rest of the evening goes swimmingly, full of music, performances, dances, and games. At some point during the party, Fola approaches the party to inquire how the tour went. She expresses delight at meeting Gedun and Yeyacha. It’s uncertain what befriending the duo might bring, but Fola is optimistic. A budding rivalry, meanwhile, can spell trouble for the Society’s collection of items and
...

" I have never meet either of them. Only heard about them."

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

Game has been reported

Your Chronicles are in here

Verdant Wheel

Fungus Leshy | Leaf Druid 4 | Fire Resist 2 | Poison Resist 2 HP 48/48 | AC19 | F +10 R +8 W +12 | Perc +12 | Shield: Hardness 3; 12/12 HP Speed: 30 | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

Would you be able to edit mine to add in name and faction?

Eddie 'Bo' Leetus
Verdant Wheel

Other than that, looks great. Thanks!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

Done - I usually leave those in case people prefer to fill those out themselves.

Grand Archive

male elf (seer) wizard (unified magic theory, cleric) 4 | ♥️ 30| ⛨ 19* | F +8, R +8, W +11 | Perc +9; low-light vision | Stealth +8 | 30’ | wizard spells 1 ☑dizzying colors ☐force barrage ☑mystic armor; spells 2 ☐blazing bolt ☑floating flame ☐revealing light | drain bonded item [1][2] | cleric spells 1 ☑heal | focus ☐ | hero 1 | Active Conditions: mystic armor

The chronicle looks correct to me! I'm okay filling in the blank bits.

Horizon Hunters

HP 18/18 | AC 18 | resist slashing 1 | F+9, R+6, W+3 | Perc +3 | Move 30 ft. | ◈ Tiefling Kineticist 1 |

Thanks!

Envoy's Alliance

LG Human(1/2 O) Barbarian-2; THP 5/5; HP 18/38; hero 2/3; minor healing potion 1/1; AC 19 (18 when raging); Fort +9; Ref +5; Will +7; Perc +7; Conditions:

Thanks very much for the game.

Verdant Wheel

Fungus Leshy | Leaf Druid 4 | Fire Resist 2 | Poison Resist 2 HP 48/48 | AC19 | F +10 R +8 W +12 | Perc +12 | Shield: Hardness 3; 12/12 HP Speed: 30 | Focus: 1/1 | Hero Points: 1 | Active Conditions:

Perfect, thank you.

Grand Archive

Investigator 2 AC 19 | HP 20/20 | F +3 R +9 W +7 | Init +7 Perception| Speed 30 ft. | Exploration Mode Investigate | Trap Finder (+1)

Eldryon congrats the newly appointed Venture Captain while telling that she indeed had had the chance to work with Cloud in the Rain.
She explain that he's easy to work with and eager to prove his worth.

Then she quickly excuse herself from the feast, eager to go back to her books.

Earn Income (Academia Lore) DC14: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Thanks for the Game GM

Verdant Wheel

AC 19 | HP 24 | Speed 25 ft. |Expert Fort: +8 Trained Reflex: +7 Expert Will: +7|Curse, lesser|

Thanks you

Grand Archive

male elf (seer) wizard (unified magic theory, cleric) 4 | ♥️ 30| ⛨ 19* | F +8, R +8, W +11 | Perc +9; low-light vision | Stealth +8 | 30’ | wizard spells 1 ☑dizzying colors ☐force barrage ☑mystic armor; spells 2 ☐blazing bolt ☑floating flame ☐revealing light | drain bonded item [1][2] | cleric spells 1 ☑heal | focus ☐ | hero 1 | Active Conditions: mystic armor

Great game GM, than you!

251 to 288 of 288 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS2e 5-01 - Year of Unfettered Exploration - Take 2 (KS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.