DM Meleager's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Patrickthekid


251 to 300 of 636 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female LN Human Monk of the Mantis 1 | HP 8/15 | AC 17, T 17, FF 14 | CMD 22, FFCMD 19 | F +3, R +4, W +5 Init +2 | Perc +8 | Stunning Fist Uses 0/1 | Ki Pool ** |

Chisomo kicks high, the heel of her foot descending like an executioner's axe.

Doesn't seem like Owlbear's defending himself, but just to see if she can do all 10 damage in a single hit
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

Owlbear's club splinters beneath the blow, and she turns to Plugg with a small smile curving her lips.

"The job seems finished to me. Or are you ordering me to go against Captain Harrigan and kill him?"


Male 1/2 Orc Druid (Storm) 1 Initiative+4 AC 17 Hp 11/11 Fort +6 Ref +4, Will +8 Perception +8 DV 60'

Arkhan laughs at Plugg's reactions to this farce.


The crowd 'oooo'd' at the accusation. Plugg meanwhile gritted his teeth in anger before throwing down the bag of coins at her feet. "We're done here."

The crowd soon became a market exchange as coins were passed from the losers to the winners of the wager.

Owlbear flinched when he heard the sound of wood crunched beneath Chisomo's foot. He looked down at what actually got crushed, then slowly stood back on his feet before giving her a hug as if it was the first good act upon him in his life.

Well done. Owlbear is now Helpful.

Once he left, Sandara walked by to face her. "Thanks for the winnings. What you did over there was so hot." She then proceeded to kiss her on the lips... then realized there were still plenty of people watching, including an angryvScourge who stormed off.

Sandara's cheeks turned red. "S~~%. I'm sorry." And it was her turn to scurry down below. The foppish gnome sauntered his way to her side. "I knew there was more behind such a dark beauty as yourself. Thanks for the winnings by the way, he grinned. "You can call me Conchobhar and you're more than happy to spend time with me," he winked.

~~~Cnut~~~

The barbarian received a bump from Tilly. "I dunno about you, but I bet ye could've taken him," she smiled. "Wanna play some Heave? I could use some more rum."


hp 11/11 <> AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) <> Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5

Assuming the two goons let me go:

Reknar chuckled as he saw Sandara kissing Chisomo - "Yep, she is fiery alright" - he mumbled to himself, while he went to collect his winnings from Conchobhar.

"Well fought" - he nodded with a smile at the fierce monk as he passed her by, patting his coin pouch - "Keep it up"

Then it was rum time.

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Fatigue: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Charisma: 1d4 ⇒ 1

For some reason it seemed to go down easier and easier as the days went by - "Why does it taste better day after day?" - he asked aloud to no one in particular - "Which reminds me..."

Perform (Oratory): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

"Good Old Mr. Moody was in a serious problem;
It was Evening and his Face was Glum;
Does not ever brood,
But when in a mood,
He cannot live without a bottle of Rum!"

"Last week he was drinking rum
By the end, he was broke as a bum
So he had a long think
Washed his face in the sink
And finally said: “f*+% it, I’m done”

"But one day he went out on a lark
sailing his boat in the dark
and while he got drunk
his little boat sunk
so his hangover went to the shark"

Night Action = Entertain :)


M Ratfolk | HP 10/10| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 |Low Light Vision; Percept: +7, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -2 / CMD 12

Djir's cheerful, well pleased to see Chisomo triumph (with a little subtle help...). He's feeling the rum strongly tonight, so he'll try and reach out to young Scrimshaw with some sleight of hand and tall tales...

Night action - influence, using bluff

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 15
1 rank +3trained +1 Cha +1 guidance +2 extra cha from Rum!


Male Skinwalker (Coldborn) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1
DM Meleager wrote:


~~~Cnut~~~

The barbarian received a bump from Tilly. "I dunno about you, but I bet ye could've taken him," she smiled. "Wanna play some Heave? I could use some more rum."

"Well wrestling, arm or otherwise, is more my style.

But I'll give heave a shot, since you asked so nicely." Cnut says, returning her smile.
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Heave

Fortitude DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Fortitude DC 18: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Fortitude DC 21: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Cnut makes it 3 rounds before falling drunkenly to the floor. Or standing triumphantly, if everyone else fell after 2. But I'm guessing not.


Female LN Human Monk of the Mantis 1 | HP 8/15 | AC 17, T 17, FF 14 | CMD 22, FFCMD 19 | F +3, R +4, W +5 Init +2 | Perc +8 | Stunning Fist Uses 0/1 | Ki Pool ** |

Chisomo is too surprised to kiss back, but when Sandara steps away, she leans into that suddenly empty space before she can catch herself.

Cheeks prickling with heat, she looks around furiously, daring anyone to make mockery of her.

Only when no one responds and Conchobar distracts her does she take a step out of her stance. Then with a leer and a wink at Conchobhar, she fobs him off. "A generous offer, but after a fight like that I need a rest, and I'm sure you'd wear me right out."

Resting to clear the rest of her nonlethal


~~~Chisomo~~~

"Good thinking!" Conchobhar grinned. "I'll leave you to your beauty sleep." While Chisomo passed by, he saw Rosie nearby.

"Great news. I'm still available!"

"F%&! off dickward."

"Still colorful as always love..."

~~~Reknar~~~

The good mood from the ensuing fight continued into the song delivered by Reknar. This time, he even received a total of 5 gp from some of the crew members, likely from the winnings from the previous fight.

So the 100 gp is for the PCs to share among you. This also means that you guys can start betting on the games if you want.

~~~Djir~~~

Scrimshaw Jack was wary of some of the tales given to him, but warmed to the tricks of the trade the ratfolk showed him. Afterwards, he spoke up. "I saw what you did there... with the knife."

A pause. "I didn't like it at first, but the lady fighter meant well for sparing Owlbear. Never really liked how mean others were of her. So I guess there's some nice in you as well."

Jack is now Friendly.

~~~Cnut~~~

DC 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Con Damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

DC 18: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

DC 21: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Con damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Tilly proved to be true to her word and a worthy competitor. Yet not even her could match Cnut's legendary constitution as her head splatted against the table after the third drink.

I'll give it to Cnut. He is currently exhausted and takes an additional Con damage: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 damage, but Tilly's failed 2 saves means he wins. He gains 5 gp on the bet.


hp 11/11 <> AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) <> Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5

Reknar pocketed the gold, and hit the sack.


M Ratfolk | HP 10/10| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 |Low Light Vision; Percept: +7, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -2 / CMD 12
DM Meleager wrote:

...

~~~Djir~~~

Scrimshaw Jack was wary of some of the tales given to him, but warmed to the tricks of the trade the ratfolk showed him. Afterwards, he spoke up. "I saw what you did there... with the knife."

A pause. "I didn't like it at first, but the lady fighter meant well for sparing Owlbear. Never really liked how mean others were of her. So I guess there's some nice in you as well."

Jack is now Friendly.

...

"Sharp eyes and well spotted Jack. There's a lesson in that lad, my folks have a saying "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying". A sharp eyed lad like you might have an answer to a question that I've been wondering." Djir leans in close to whisper to Jack "I know there's quarters for a cabin girl, but i've never seen the lass on deck, day or night. Is Capt Harrigan up to something that'd get him drawn and quartered in Andoran?"

I want to know why we've never seen "Caulky" Tarroon, as mentioned in the Wormwood Rooms description in the campaign info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After getting his answer, Djir will also turn in and get some sleep - he'll need it given how hard the rum hit him tonight.


Jack remains skeptic, but he nods in at least some acknowledgement on Djir's look on life. When he mentioned the cabin girl, Jack looked back and forth before leaning in to whisper back. "Not that I know of. She's the one that poison's the drinks, so most people hate her, but the Cap'n's more protective of her. But he's got a mean temper... heard that's why she lost her eye. If you wanna learn more 'bout the cap'n I know Officer Longfarthing's known him longer than anyone here."

Caulky starts off as Unfriendly and is among the officers that can't be influenced. They're available, but most won't want to mingle with non-officers. If you want more info on them, you can talk to some of the non-officers about them.

@Chisomo, I forgot to mention, but you gain a +2 check in all Diplomacy, Bluff and Intimidation checks on the crew for the remainder of the adventure.

Day 5

The weather continues to worsen as the crew return to the deck for chores. Rain begin to hit your skin as the day continues until the ship is hit with a wall of wind and sheets of rain. As feared, the ship has hit a squall and it's all hands on deck!

Rigging roles

Chisomo: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Reknar: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Cnut: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Mama Mambo: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Arkhan: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Djir: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Pai Song: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Everyone will be assigned rigging duties, including swabbers and the cook's mate. You can either work diligently or influence someone, but that's it. The DC of all checks increase by 2, including those to avoid getting fatigued if possible. I don't think anyone is currently fatigued right now, but it will add up over time.


hp 11/11 <> AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) <> Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5

@DM Meleager: What is the DC increase? It seems to be missing from your last post ;)

Rigger 5:
Lookout: A climb to the crow’s nest 60 feet up,
requiring DC 10 Climb checks followed by a DC 10
Perception check.

Climb (work diligently): 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 4 = 25
Perception (work diligently): 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 4 = 19


Reknar wrote:

@DM Meleager: What is the DC increase? It seems to be missing from your last post ;)

** spoiler omitted **

[dice=Climb (work diligently)]d20+7+4
[dice=Perception (work diligently)]d20+5+4

Added.


M Ratfolk | HP 10/10| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 |Low Light Vision; Percept: +7, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -2 / CMD 12

@GM Meleager, does the increase to DC include influence checks as well?


Djir Bentwhisker wrote:
@GM Meleager, does the increase to DC include influence checks as well?

Only for the job tasks.


M Ratfolk | HP 10/10| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 |Low Light Vision; Percept: +7, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -2 / CMD 12

Djir hauls on the mainsail, with all of his 83 lbs of might! Still, skill can serve, sometimes better than brute force... He still spends some time b~*&%ing and horse-s*+!ting with Conchobar about how this kind of thing should really be left to the people with more heft than us small ones...

Task is
Mainsail Duties: Tough work raising and lowering
the mainsail, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor)
or Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10
Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end
of the shift.
Djir will attempt a influence action with Conchobar

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 16 vs dc 12
+1 rank +3trained +1 wis+1 guidance (Cevanne)

Bluff: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 15
+1 rank +3trained +1 Cha+1 guidance (Cevanne)

Con Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 vs DC 12
+2 con


Male 1/2 Orc Druid (Storm) 1 Initiative+4 AC 17 Hp 11/11 Fort +6 Ref +4, Will +8 Perception +8 DV 60'

[spoiler =4 Hauling Rope and Knot Work]Tying and untying
knots in the ship’s ropes and moving heavy coils of
rope from one part of the ship to another, requiring
a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. The PC
must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid
being fatigued at the end of the shift.[/spoiler ]

Profession Sailor DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Constitution check DC 10, endurance: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Arkhan ties knots and unknots knots. The Druid sucks at it.


Female LN Human Monk of the Mantis 1 | HP 8/15 | AC 17, T 17, FF 14 | CMD 22, FFCMD 19 | F +3, R +4, W +5 Init +2 | Perc +8 | Stunning Fist Uses 0/1 | Ki Pool ** |

Chisomo throws herself into the work, but her inexperience with linework still leaves her falling behind.

Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Con (diligent): 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 4 = 18


Male Skinwalker (Coldborn) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Task:

1 Rigging Repair: The ship’s rigging frequently gets
damaged and must be repaired, requiring DC 10
Climb checks to reach the rigging 30 feet up, followed
by a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

Profession(Sailor): 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 4 = 13

Deploying his claws, Cnut scales the rigging as easily as a normal man walks across a deck. Then he spends the day diligently fixing the rigging, which is not nearly as easy.


Profession (sailor): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Con check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

As the storm raged on, the crew struggled to keep the sails in one piece. Reknar, Djir and Cnut all proved to be apt at their tasks, but Chisomo, Pai Song and Arkhan couldn't quite get their jobs done. This earned them a rather harsh tongue-lashing from Scourge. Yet even he was too preoccupied to deliver any sort of punishment to the stragglers. In a situation like this, cooperation is paramount. Even if you hate your teammates' guts.

Djir

Conchobhar responded dismissively. "You're just trying to get outta this, aren't you. I could've stayed in Port Peril in bed with all my comforts and now I'm gonna die in the ocean!"

Rosie barged through to slap the gnome across the face. "We ain't dying yet you moron! Though we might if you keep running yer mouth like that."

Conchobhar rubbed his cheek and decided not to say anything more to the group.

Yeah... that was the only think keeping him from going Hostile. Needless to say, he'll be the hardest non-hostile character to crack.

It felt like hours since the worse of the storm began. With no sun out, it was impossible to tell just how long they've been working. Yet it seemed like everyone was doing okay.

Until it didn't.

Shivikah, the tall Mwangi woman noticed one of the ropes rapidly going under. She turned towards Fipps as she shouted. "I thought you had all the ropes tied..." She was cut short as she didn't notice that said rope was wrapped around her foot and hand taken her along. She quickly untied herself, but by then she was already over the edge and fell into the water.

Arkhan, Pai Song and Djir were at the edge of the deck and can see that she is 10 feet away from the ship at the moment.

What do you do?


Male 1/2 Orc Druid (Storm) 1 Initiative+4 AC 17 Hp 11/11 Fort +6 Ref +4, Will +8 Perception +8 DV 60'

The Storm Druid revels in the storm. Shouting out praises to Rull, as the winds and rains crash down on the Wormwood!
Watching the tall Mwangi woman heading out to sea, the 1/2 orc turns to the others.
Did we like her? She is a good sacrifice to Rull.

The Druid begins to laugh.


M Ratfolk | HP 10/10| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 |Low Light Vision; Percept: +7, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -2 / CMD 12

Djir curses "Besmara's fell f~+%ery!" and looks frantically for a free rope to throw to her...

Perception: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 26
1 rank +3 trained +1 wis +2 racial +1 guidance (from Cevanne)

As a note to Pai Song and Arkhan - she's currently hostile to us (courtesy of a failed influence attempt), and that, to my mind, makes her expendable... Maybe either of you have some magic, but I sure as hell ain't going swimming after her...


There's plenty of rope that is long enough to reach her.

It would require to hit her touch AC (which is currently 12). Remember there's a penalty for each increment of 10 feet away.


M Ratfolk | HP 10/10| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 |Low Light Vision; Percept: +7, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -2 / CMD 12

Djir grabs a free end of a rope (and the other end is hopefully anchored), and hurls it to Shivikah...

To hit: 1d20 + 3 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 2 + 1 = 6
+3 (dex) -2 range +1 small


Pai Song: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 1 = 9

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

1d3 ⇒ 3

Neither Djir nor Pai Song were able to reach the rope handed to her, However, she managed to keep herself afloat as she tried to move towards the boat. Yet the water continued to pull her away.

She is now currently 25 feet away, using her full round action to move 15 feet while being pulled away 30 feet. Anyone who wants to help can make a DC 5 Perception check to hear Djir. Anyone who does can make the first roll as if she was still 10 feet away and I can retroactively correct what happened.


hp 11/11 <> AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) <> Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5

Reknar heard Djir but hesitated in helping someone who never acted helpful toward any of them... But only for a split second.

Perception DC5 is auto success for Reknar, right? Since he has +5?

With too many memories of lost companions burning in his mind, he moved closer to the ratman, intent on helping as possible - "Let me try!"

Throw rope: 1d20 + 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 2 - 2 = 14


Performs some chronomancy.

Just when it looked like she was about to drift out to sea, a rope is handed right next to her, courtesy of Reknar. She eagerly held onto the rope in preparation for the swim of her life.

ALright, now for the hard part. Up to three people can help out with pulling her back to safety. I will make the Swim checks once it's decided who's doing the hauling. Choose wisely.


hp 11/11 <> AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) <> Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5

"Cnut! Chisomo! Get over here!" - Reknar shouts - "Give me a hand for f*** sake!"

Well, Reknar is pulling - damned goody two shoes...

STR?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


M Ratfolk | HP 10/10| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 |Low Light Vision; Percept: +7, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -2 / CMD 12

Djir gets his butt out of the way of bigger people (and subtly into Arkhan's way in case he wants to prevent the rescue; the stealing of Rull's sacrifice...)


Male 1/2 Orc Druid (Storm) 1 Initiative+4 AC 17 Hp 11/11 Fort +6 Ref +4, Will +8 Perception +8 DV 60'

Arkhan does consider causing the rescue to become more involved, but decided not to after he is bumped by Djir.


Male Skinwalker (Coldborn) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Cnut finishes climbing out of the rigging and runs over to help.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Female LN Human Monk of the Mantis 1 | HP 8/15 | AC 17, T 17, FF 14 | CMD 22, FFCMD 19 | F +3, R +4, W +5 Init +2 | Perc +8 | Stunning Fist Uses 0/1 | Ki Pool ** |

Chisomo slides down the halyard, quickly braces herself and heaves!

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Male 1/2 Orc Druid (Storm) 1 Initiative+4 AC 17 Hp 11/11 Fort +6 Ref +4, Will +8 Perception +8 DV 60'

The 1/2 orc does smile at the rat folk.
Looking like Rull will still have His sacrifice.

The Storm Druid continues to shout praise at the winds and rain! He is madly laughing.


M Ratfolk | HP 10/10| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 |Low Light Vision; Percept: +7, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -2 / CMD 12

Djir flashes a coin and a grin; he says "A gold says he doesn't..."

I suspect you're wrong Arkhan - A 16 on Reknar's initial check, and 2 aid anothers (aid another is only DC 10), makes it 20...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male 1/2 Orc Druid (Storm) 1 Initiative+4 AC 17 Hp 11/11 Fort +6 Ref +4, Will +8 Perception +8 DV 60'

I know. Just hoping for a freak tidal wave, rock formation, or a kraken.


GM Screen:
GM Screen: 1d100 ⇒ 79

Djir is right. With those assists she auto-succeeds in her checks.

With the combined strength of the three holding the ropes, they were able to pull the woman out of the water and onto the deck. Coughing to get any excess water out of her system, she looked at who pulled her out with the usual stoic look, then sighed. "You went to help me even when I rejected your friendship before. I'm an idiot." She shook her head before getting herself up. "You have my word I will do all I can to help you out from now on." She then looked down at the ratfolk. "You proved yourself out there, even if you couldn't reach me with the rope." She then picked up her own rope and went off her business as if nothing else happened.

Shivikah is now Helpful.

The brief moment of peace is interrupted with intense shouting as well as some lighting from the deck. Running up onto the deck was Mama Mambo, shouting expletives in Goblin as she jumped overboard. It would have been a decent plan... if not for the shark that was waiting for a snack. The goblin landed right into the sharks mouth as both disappeared into the water below. A laugh could be heard at the wheel as Harrigan himself took the turn of events with amusement.

The PC wanted her to go out in a blaze of glory, so I obliged... literally. I actually rolled to see if it was a kraken, but I didn't get a high enough roll for it. Take what you will if it was actually Rull gaining a sacrifice.

Sandara walked in just as shocked as everyone else at the goblin's end. "We can mourn for her when we have the chance... but we're not out of the woods yet."

And it was indeed far from over. There is no evening session or entertainment this time around. Instead, every on deck had to go through yet another round of rigging duties to get through.

Rigging duties

Chisomo: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Reknar: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Cnut: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Arkhan: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Djir: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Pai Song: 1d6 ⇒ 4

There will be no night actions this time around, meaning no rum rations. But in exchange you will need to make a DC 14 Con check in addition to any other Con checks you need to do depending on the job or be fatigued, and the effects will stack. You will still be able to remove one level of fatigue for the next day but... let's just say you don't want to end up exhausted tonight.


M Ratfolk | HP 10/10| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 |Low Light Vision; Percept: +7, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -2 / CMD 12
Arkhan Silvinesti wrote:
I know. Just hoping for a freak tidal wave, rock formation, or a kraken.

You bring a kraken into this, and you're at the front of the line for sacrificial appeasement you idjit!

Djir Bentwhisker wrote:

Djir flashes a coin and a grin; he says "A gold says he doesn't..."

I suspect you're wrong Arkhan - A 16 on Reknar's initial check, and 2 aid anothers (aid another is only DC 10), makes it 20...

At first Djir laughs and holds out a paw to collect from Arkhan, but then Mama Mambo makes her mad dash!

Djir blinks a couple of times and says "Well F!@+!", and hands over the gold piece he'd flashed before.


Male Skinwalker (Coldborn) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Cnut climbs the mast like a rat up a drain, then does his best to peer out through the storm's murk.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Uh...can we work diligently? If we can I do.

Constitution, DC 14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Cnut Bjornsson wrote:

Cnut climbs the mast like a rat up a drain, then does his best to peer out through the storm's murk.

[dice=Perception]1d20+5 Uh...can we work diligently? If we can I do.

[dice=Constitution, DC 14]1d20+3

Yeah, you can do that.


M Ratfolk | HP 10/10| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 |Low Light Vision; Percept: +7, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -2 / CMD 12

Questions: 1) Is the DC 14 con check vs fatigue before or after the night work? 2) Can you take the work diligently option for these nighttime work assignments? 3) I noticed that Chisomo was using the work diligently bonus on the con check for her task (vs fatigue). Can you do that, or is work diligently bonus only for the skill checks involved in the task?


Male 1/2 Orc Druid (Storm) 1 Initiative+4 AC 17 Hp 11/11 Fort +6 Ref +4, Will +8 Perception +8 DV 60'

Bet we eventually meet a kraken in this AP? Seems ripe for it!

Arkhan pulls out a gold coin. The druids blue eyes flash joy as they watch a voluntary sacrifice to Rull.
Only a Goblin, so it's a push.


Haven't thought of that. It says that you gain a +4 bonus to any one check for a job's daily task. I will say that you can use the bonus for the extra Con check, but you can only apply to any one of the three checks you need to do. And that you can work diligently for this set of actions as well.


Female LN Human Monk of the Mantis 1 | HP 8/15 | AC 17, T 17, FF 14 | CMD 22, FFCMD 19 | F +3, R +4, W +5 Init +2 | Perc +8 | Stunning Fist Uses 0/1 | Ki Pool ** |

A task which sets Chisomo to work in actually climbing the rigging is a welcome one, but under the storm's fierceness , even repairs find her run quite ragged!

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Dex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Con (Diligent): 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 4 = 10


hp 11/11 <> AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) <> Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5

Pretty busy with work this week - will only be able to update at night (I am on UTC+2 time btw). Feel free to bot me if needed DM Meleager!


M Ratfolk | HP 10/10| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 |Low Light Vision; Percept: +7, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -2 / CMD 12

2 Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Apparently Djir's mighty thews are commanding great respect from scourge, as he is asked to haul more rope... Grimly, he focuses on the task as the storm is a clear threat to them all. (Except possibly to the Rull worshipping lunatic, who can probably breath underwater or something...)

Profession Sailor: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 23 vs dc 12
+1 rank +3trained +1 wis+1 guidance (Cevanne)

Con Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 vs DC 12
+2 con

Con Check the second: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 4 = 16 vs DC 14
+2 con +4 work diligently

Edit: And mighty sailing rat that he is, he stands unbowed before the storm!


hp 11/11 <> AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) <> Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5

6 Mainsail Duties:
Tough work raising and lowering
the mainsail, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor)
or Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10
Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end
of the shift.

Reknar nodded at Shivikah's words, but had nothing more to add.

----

Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Constitution DC12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Constitution DC14: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 4 = 19

Apparently fighting against the storm, and the hard rigging work took its toll on the half-orc, as he seems haggard and tired at the end of his shift.


Speeding this up a bit.

Pai Song, Profession (sailor): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Pai Song, Con check: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 4 = 24

Arkhan, Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Arkhan, Dex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Arkhan, Con check: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 4 = 17

The performance was tiring for everyone involved, and the added rain made their tasks all the more difficult. Plugg himself looked displeased with Pai Song and Arkhan's performances. Cnut and Reknar also felt a bit of fatigue from the work they had done, but they were able to sleep off the effects of the work the next day.

GM Screen:

Con check Sandara: 2d20 ⇒ (8, 10) = 18

Con check=Rosie: 2d20 ⇒ (2, 11) = 13

Con check=Cog: 2d20 + 2 ⇒ (15, 8) + 2 = 25

Conchobhar: 2d20 ⇒ (16, 10) = 26

Samms: 2d20 + 1 ⇒ (6, 11) + 1 = 18

Tilly: 2d20 + 3 ⇒ (18, 5) + 3 = 26

Shivikah: 2d20 + 2 ⇒ (19, 12) + 2 = 33

Aretta: 2d20 ⇒ (19, 2) = 21

Day 6

You have no issues waking up the next day as do most of the crew. Many were fatigued that day, but the day's rest was enough to get them up. However, not everyone was lucky. Sandara, Rosie and Samms all remain sleeping even after the bell was rung. They all seemed too exhausted to even get up for the day.

What do you do?


Female LN Human Monk of the Mantis 1 | HP 8/15 | AC 17, T 17, FF 14 | CMD 22, FFCMD 19 | F +3, R +4, W +5 Init +2 | Perc +8 | Stunning Fist Uses 0/1 | Ki Pool ** |

"S&!!. Let's at least get them up for duty assignments. We can try to cover them after that."

Chisomo gives Sandara a quick shake, but doesn't spend much time with that before splashing her with water.

"Not time to be abed, Red. You have to show that pretty face of yours before we can find somewhere for you to rest."

I'm hoping that if we take a -2 on our tests we can try to cover someone else? A la shopping or exploring?


hp 11/11 <> AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex) <> Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5

On Chisomo's queue, Reknar does his best to wake up Sandara, Rosie and Samms.


M Ratfolk | HP 10/10| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 |Low Light Vision; Percept: +7, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +1; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -2 / CMD 12

Djir mutters to himself, "Seems odd that only our friends are so tired..., and takes a closer peek (and sniff) at the three of them; he suspects some sort of foul play...

Perception: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 23
1 rank +3trained +1 wis +2 racial +1 guidance (Cevanne)

Anybody got Heal as a skill?

251 to 300 of 636 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Meleager's Skull & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.