DM Meleager's Skull & Shackles

Game Master Patrickthekid


851 to 881 of 881 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'll negate the damage and check what's going on. I can't right now since I'm finally upgrading to a newer laptop.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Randall swings down at the grindylow next to him while it's trying to balance itself on the slick ground.

Club: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

But the creature proves to be to quick and turns its body to the side to avoid the blow.

Now it was the monsters' turn.

Grindylow green vs Randall, trip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Grindylow green vs Randall, spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Crit confirm?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Damage: 3d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 6) + 3 = 15

Grindylow green vs Chisomo, trip, flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24

Grindylow green vs Chisomo, spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The tide this time tilts towards the grindylows. The distraction from one grindylow is enough for another to sneak from behind and successfully pull her under. It also delivers a nasty stab would straight and center.

Randall has it even worse. The grindylow trips him under and the creature goes for the throat. Blood curls from his neck as his life is rapidly drained, although he remains conscious.

Chisomo and Lucille are up


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Lucille de Avrois HP:27/27 Fort/Ref/will=4/2/3 AC17/15/12 Init 2 roll twice Perc 4 CMD:15 Sense Motive-1 spell slots oracle 1 5/5 SLA druids level 0 3/3, monkeyfish1/1 Fracture Soul 2/2 Oracle (Battle) 2

I am seeing 3 grindylows in their original positions. Lucille would seek to aid Randall, as she assumes Chisomo will be fine.

Lucille 5 foot steps and seeks to end the Grindylow that just slashed Randall.

smesh: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 2 = 23
smesh: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 2 = 15
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
if confirms
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Your Blood for the Lord in Iron, your skulls for the Lady in shadow, your broken hopes of victory for the ardent dream!


Male Half Elf Barbarian 1

Not wanting to fall behind on the killing Torin is quick to move into position for another attack. Sweeping his great blade in low and hoping to cut one of the goblins in twain.

Falchion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 232d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7
Critical Threat: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 172d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11


And I see Chisomo already had a post in. Please try and post when it's your turn. Keeping track of things like this only make it harder for me to keep track.

Chisomo finds herself surrounded by grindylows. All she sees are a couple more bodies with their faces caved in. Who brutal strikes later and both monsters hit the ground with blood oozing from their skulls.

Lucille arrives to rescue Randall from a grisly fate. Her blade downright splits the creture in two spazzing pieces!

One grindylow sees his brethen fall and attempts to move forward to finish the job...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

...but he once again falls on its face... and it gets pierced through the body by Torin, ending its shameful display of combat.

With so many of the creatures falling, they realize that these sailors are no easy pickings. The remaining grindylows retreat into the water... save for the one that's still unconscious from the spell from earlier.

Combat Over!


Female Lucille de Avrois HP:27/27 Fort/Ref/will=4/2/3 AC17/15/12 Init 2 roll twice Perc 4 CMD:15 Sense Motive-1 spell slots oracle 1 5/5 SLA druids level 0 3/3, monkeyfish1/1 Fracture Soul 2/2 Oracle (Battle) 2

CLW Randall: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Look alive because you are Lucille says as she channels some healing energies into Randall.
Ok, Lets get organized and sweep any remainign tentaclefaces into one Abyss or the other. I saw Chisomo take a nasty hit, who else?

CLW Chisomo: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Blegh


M Ratfolk | HP 25/25| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 Wiz (Smoke) 2|Low Light Vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +4; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -1 / CMD 13

Djir stabs the unconscious grindylow to death, and then starts looting bodies...


Male Half Elf Barbarian 1

"Oi, Djir!" Torin cries in surprise, "That bugger could have told us something." He stomps over in a fit of pique, putting his hands on his hips before he sighs and begins going over the bodies as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


M Ratfolk | HP 25/25| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 Wiz (Smoke) 2|Low Light Vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +4; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -1 / CMD 13
Torin Brimfisher wrote:
"Oi, Djir!" Torin cries in surprise, "That bugger could have told us something." ...

Djir snorts back: "Like what? This storm is going to chuck us 500 miles before it blows over. We ain't going to find this spot again for love nor money."


Female Lucille de Avrois HP:27/27 Fort/Ref/will=4/2/3 AC17/15/12 Init 2 roll twice Perc 4 CMD:15 Sense Motive-1 spell slots oracle 1 5/5 SLA druids level 0 3/3, monkeyfish1/1 Fracture Soul 2/2 Oracle (Battle) 2

No use arguing, lets clean out other Tentaclelegs and unf@%% our ship, drowning sucks! Lucille seeks to delay the argument.


M Ratfolk | HP 25/25| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 Wiz (Smoke) 2|Low Light Vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +4; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -1 / CMD 13
Lucille de Avrois wrote:
No use arguing, lets clean out other Tentaclelegs and unf!#& our ship, drowning sucks! Lucille seeks to delay the argument.

"Point. Lets go see what's going on elsewhere aboard..."

Djir abandons his looting to sneak his way up the stairs to the open deck, senses straining for danger...

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 3 + 3 + 4 = 19
1 rank +3 trained+3 dex +4 size

Perception: 1d20 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 23
2 rank +3trained +1 wis +2 racial


Female Phantom Phantom (Lust) 3 HP 36/36 AC 16/14/12 Fort 6 Ref 2 Will 3 Init 1 Perception 6

Rejoice Lucille, your soul has matured enough that it can serve as a conduit for more direct aid from the court of midnight eternal.
But it may be prudent to hide such capabilities for now. Be warned, it will take you a full minute to have me fully manifest. Although I can support thee even from within.

Lucille stops for a moment as her shadow whispers something into her ear.


Female Lucille de Avrois HP:27/27 Fort/Ref/will=4/2/3 AC17/15/12 Init 2 roll twice Perc 4 CMD:15 Sense Motive-1 spell slots oracle 1 5/5 SLA druids level 0 3/3, monkeyfish1/1 Fracture Soul 2/2 Oracle (Battle) 2

Lucille murmurs something, nothing seems to happen.

Djir:

Can you hear me? We should be able to communicate via message. Reply in the same way if possible, nod if received but cannot reply

Lucille perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Lucille strides upwards openly, seeking to support djirs stealth by a more open approach.


M Ratfolk | HP 25/25| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 Wiz (Smoke) 2|Low Light Vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +4; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -1 / CMD 13

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 2 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 3 + 4 = 29 vs DC 15 (message)
2 rank +3 trained +4 int


M Ratfolk | HP 25/25| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 Wiz (Smoke) 2|Low Light Vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +4; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -1 / CMD 13

Lucille:

Djir recognizes the dweomer, and whispers back "Yes, I hear you.".

Djir thinks to himself as Lucille boldly strides upwards "Well, if you want to make yourself a target, you'll make a fine distraction..."


Try as you might, there was no more signs of the creatures that attacked you. It appeared that your efforts were enough to scare them off. With visibility as low as it was, it would be difficult to figure out the extent of their attacks.

As the storm began to abate during the night, the ship comes to a grinding halt. By the looks of it, the Man's Promise has run aground. Plugg orders everyone back to their rooms as you hope that sleeping it off may alleviate things.

Day 5

The next day, you wake up to no movement from the ship. It seems for the immediate future that you are stuck on the rock.

DC 15 Craft:
You notice that the ship is in no immediate danger from sinking, but without repairs it will eventually slide off the rock and into the bed floor.

When you return to the deck, you notice an island surrounded by clear waters and coral reefs much like the one the ship is stuck on. Plugg orders you to line up for a roll call. It's then that you notice that both Sandara and Oromi are no where to be seen.


M Ratfolk | HP 25/25| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 Wiz (Smoke) 2|Low Light Vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +4; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -1 / CMD 13

Craft: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 2 = 10
+4 int -2 meticulous (no ranks)


Female Lucille de Avrois HP:27/27 Fort/Ref/will=4/2/3 AC17/15/12 Init 2 roll twice Perc 4 CMD:15 Sense Motive-1 spell slots oracle 1 5/5 SLA druids level 0 3/3, monkeyfish1/1 Fracture Soul 2/2 Oracle (Battle) 2

craft: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

F~@%, Sandara and Oromi? Thats our healing. She curses

bluff: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 Because I totally cant heal yesyes!


Male Half Elf Barbarian 1

Torin says nothing as he stands about for roll, but his body language makes it apparent he is looking about for the two missing ladies. He regularly looks to mister Plugg, obviously hoping for an explanation coming in due time. But for the moment he was being pointedly quiet about it.


M Ratfolk | HP 25/25| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 Wiz (Smoke) 2|Low Light Vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +4; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -1 / CMD 13

During roll call, Djir keeps silent as he thinks, "I doubt those two took off together. I wouldn't put it past Plugg to snuff Sandara as a threat to his captaincy, but that doesn't account for Oromi. Could the grindylows have kidnapped them? If so, how the devil can we get them back?


GM checks:

Perception, Djir: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Perception, Lucille: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Perception, Torin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

All three of you notice signs of grindylow activity on the side of the boat... along with Sandara's holy symbol of Besmara next to it. Signs point to a struggle from both sides.


Female Lucille de Avrois HP:27/27 Fort/Ref/will=4/2/3 AC17/15/12 Init 2 roll twice Perc 4 CMD:15 Sense Motive-1 spell slots oracle 1 5/5 SLA druids level 0 3/3, monkeyfish1/1 Fracture Soul 2/2 Oracle (Battle) 2

Sandaras symbol, and Grindylow activity. Hmmm, as far as I know Grindylows have bases, likely on a nearby island. Lucille thinks loudly as she looks at the island.


M Ratfolk | HP 25/25| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 Wiz (Smoke) 2|Low Light Vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +4; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -1 / CMD 13
Lucille de Avrois wrote:
Sandaras symbol, and Grindylow activity. Hmmm, as far as I know Grindylows have bases, likely on a nearby island. Lucille thinks loudly as she looks at the island.

Djir scoop up the holy symbol and whispers to Lucille and Torin, "Hsssh! Keep that on the down low - I'm none to confident Plugg and Scrouge would be sad to see Sandara's gone. Instead, as cook you should try to convince the captain we should send a shore party for the fresh water and provisions... Otherwise he'll likely just keep us all here doing repairs."

I'm suggesting Lucille bluffs (either Plugg or Scourge) to get us sent ashore, at which point we can go looking for Grindylows.

If Lucille agrees:

Cevanne will give a Calistria's blessing to Lucille's efforts...
Casts Guidance on Lucille
and Djir will try to help convince whomever Lucille targets:

Bluff, Aid Another: 1d20 + 1 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 3 + 1 = 13 vs DC 10
1 rank +3trained +1 Cha,


Female Lucille de Avrois HP:27/27 Fort/Ref/will=4/2/3 AC17/15/12 Init 2 roll twice Perc 4 CMD:15 Sense Motive-1 spell slots oracle 1 5/5 SLA druids level 0 3/3, monkeyfish1/1 Fracture Soul 2/2 Oracle (Battle) 2

agreed

bluff: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 23
How is the situation looking repairwise? Probably need materials, also fresh water, wouldnt surprise me if the tentacleheads wrecked the barrels. Probably dangerous to scavenge, island may well hold worse then grindylows...

Lucille seeks to use some reverse psychology in an effort to get the PC crew send ashore.


Male Half Elf Barbarian 1

Torin doesn't answer to the quiet conversation out loud, but he does give a quick nod. "I volunteer to go ashore!" he called boisterously, "Death to those who attack the ship captained by Mister Plugg. I'll use their bodies to roll fresh timber to the beach."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Torin is technically fresh enough to not have publicly chosen sides. At least he hopes so.


Male Tengu Shaman 3

.


GM Rolls:

Sense Motive, lol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Plugg's face contorts something ugly as he gives a deep sigh. Scourge moves in and give a sly smile. "It may be to our advantage that they go out... for their friends of course."

"Very well." Plugg growls. "But you have 48 hours to do what you want in that island. And you better be back by then if you don't want to be stuck on that island."

Plugg waves them off as the dingy is prepared for your departure.


M Ratfolk | HP 25/25| AC: 16, T: 14, FF:13 | Spd: 30ft | U-Rogue 1 Wiz (Smoke) 2|Low Light Vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +3, R: +5, W: +4; +2 vs mind affecting| CMB -1 / CMD 13

I'm not sure who's in charge of repairs on the Man's Promise, but...
Before we go for a little boat ride, Djir checks up with the ship's carpenter, "What will we need from the island to repair the ship? Do we need to beach her for repairs, rather than risk a longer trip to a proper port?"


Female Lucille de Avrois HP:27/27 Fort/Ref/will=4/2/3 AC17/15/12 Init 2 roll twice Perc 4 CMD:15 Sense Motive-1 spell slots oracle 1 5/5 SLA druids level 0 3/3, monkeyfish1/1 Fracture Soul 2/2 Oracle (Battle) 2

kn Geography with guidance about the specific island: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Lucille may actually, with some assistance ideally,know some things about the island.


Male Skinwalker (Coldborn) Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1

Cnut stands by silently, but looks nervously toward the island. If those grindylows have harmed Sandara, we'll grind them low, indeed.


Male Half Elf Barbarian 1

Torin will make sure he is the first to the jolly boat. Inspecting that it remains seaworthy before they embark.

Profession: Pirate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

851 to 881 of 881 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Meleager's Skull & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.