[SFS - PbP Outpost V] 3-99 Perils of the Past - GM bigboom (Inactive)

Game Master bigboom

Maps & Slides
Timeline
Convention Main Thread


151 to 200 of 449 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Cavaler, will take 10 and spend a resolve point to regain stamina.

Cavaler, unslings his rocket rifle from over his shoulders and activates the environmental seals on his armor. He nods at Senko as the shirren warns the team of the danger ahead.


Botting Hef...

Seeing Senko looking around carefully, Hef does the same...

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Current Status:
Senko (-1RP)
Cavaler (-2RP)
Hef (-3RP)
Staar (-1RP)
Kai (-1RP)
Terminatrix (-1RP)

--------

Senko doesn't see it but with the help of Senko's warning, Hef spots areas of weakened floor! Tapping it, you realize that anyone stepping on those areas would potentially fall through the floor and get, potentially, seriously hurt.

However, the party is able to navigate around it although if the party wishes, some time can be spent to shore up the stone and prevent any others from falling through (with a DC24 Engineering check).

--------

With no other dangers spotted, the party moves forward to the next room. An arched ceiling domes above this circular chamber. The
remnants of a permanently carved spell circle appear on the metal disc at the center of the room, and doors lead to the north and south. As you enter, you hear hurried footsteps receding away from the area.

DC20 Perception to locate the noise:
You hear the noise coming from the southern door!

DC20 Diplomacy/Intimidate to address the unknown figure, urging them to reply. What do you say?:
Upon uttering your statement, you hear the unknown figure shuffle away from the southern door. Your statements must have spooked them!!

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Intimidate: 1d20 + 16 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 16 + (4) + 1 = 39

Cavaler's voice is augmented by his voice amplifier as he says, "Reveal yourself, we know you are here."


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

The sound of movement is now louder and obviously coming from the south but fades away. Apparently the figure you had spotted is retreating from the party!

Which way does the party go? Pursue this person to the south? Or head north?

Acquisitives

Char. sheet Android mercenary Soldier 7 SP 56/63|HP 53|RP 7; KAC 26, EAC 23; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 racial vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep; Armor training, Guard’s Protection (Ex), Fire resist 7; Perception +4; Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"To avoid unkonwn hazards we should step in footsteps left by that person. If you decide to pursue whoever that was, I'd go along."

Acquisitives

Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

"My preference is to go south first. We need to explore both areas anyway, and I'd rather have that unknown figure in front of us instead of behind us."

Exo-Guardians

Female N Lashunta (Korasha) Death-touched Solarian 6 | SP 54/54 HP 46/46 | RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 16; Cold resistance 1 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed 40 ft.; Fly 30 ft. | Supernova (7d6 F, Reflex DC 16 half), Stellar Rush, Gravity Grappler, Dark Interaction, Mental Silence (1/day) | Effortless Aerobatics feat

Staar is ready to pursue the figure to the south, since she's slightly built for speed as well.


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

The chase continues on!! You go through the southern door and up ahead is little alcove and another doorway beyond. The shadowy figure disappears beyond that doorway. You continue the pursuit until you find yourself in a room that contains a rectangular pool encased in a thin sheet of ice with four pillars at its corners. Doors lead to the north and southeast. Which way did your quarry go?? And which way will you go??

DC20 Perception to hear any noise:
You hear the figure moving from beyond the southeastern door!

DC20 Diplomacy/Intimidate to address the unknown figure, urging them to reply. What do you say?:
Upon uttering your statement, you hear the unknown figure shuffle away from the southeastern door as they react to you!

DC20 Culture or Profession (architect):
You recognize the construction of the chambers you’ve been through so far as the type that might lead to a vault.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Intimidate: 1d20 + 16 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 16 + (4) + 1 = 23
Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Cavaler's amplified voice booms across the pool "Reveal yourself, you cannot run from us forever."

Cavaler, shares the information he's gathered with the rest of the party.

"The southeastern door, our quarry flees that way."

Acquisitives

Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

Senko creeps forward, looking for the figure and any traps.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Perception (darkvision, blindsense): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Acquisitives

Char. sheet Android mercenary Soldier 7 SP 56/63|HP 53|RP 7; KAC 26, EAC 23; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 racial vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep; Armor training, Guard’s Protection (Ex), Fire resist 7; Perception +4; Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Terminatrix raises melee weapon as he spots movement.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
"Identify yourself! Why are you tresspassing here?"

Culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Exo-Guardians

Female N Lashunta (Korasha) Death-touched Solarian 6 | SP 54/54 HP 46/46 | RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 16; Cold resistance 1 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed 40 ft.; Fly 30 ft. | Supernova (7d6 F, Reflex DC 16 half), Stellar Rush, Gravity Grappler, Dark Interaction, Mental Silence (1/day) | Effortless Aerobatics feat

Staar flies to the southeast door, following instructions!

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

Cavaler, moves in behind his more heavily armed compatriots. He holds his rocket rifle warily out in front of him as his eyes scan for potential traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Are there any light conditions we need to be aware of?


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

No special lighting conditions on this map.

Finding no traps in this room or on the southeastern door, you swing it open! Alcoves line this narrow hallway, each one containing a statue of a tall, robed figure. A door stands to the east.

DC20 Suvival or Perception:
You notice that a thick film of dust covers the footprint tracks here, and aged sword marks scar the walls.

Another DC20 Perception:
You glimpse a brief vision of arrows flying across the chamber.

Acquisitives

Char. sheet Android mercenary Soldier 7 SP 56/63|HP 53|RP 7; KAC 26, EAC 23; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 racial vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep; Armor training, Guard’s Protection (Ex), Fire resist 7; Perception +4; Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"Don't see any sign of the tresspasser."

Acquisitives

Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

Survival/Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Senko switches to telepathy so he doesn't reveal his position by speaking. Curious. Those footprints are covered in a layer of dust, as if they were left long ago. And—woah, watch out for those arrows!

Senko draws a pistol when he sees the arrows, but after determining they were just a vision, he once again pings the Starfinder network to check for temporal distortions.

Sonic pistol in one hand, other hand free to manually operate my computer, so I don't break stealth by issuing verbal commands.

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 5 | SP 40 HP 35 | RP 6 | EAC 21; KAC 23; +4 vs AoO from movement | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +5; +2 vs. spells and spell-like abilities | Init: +7 | Ever Vigilant Darkvision, Perc: +11, SM: +5 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+16), 1d8

Kai, survival: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Kai, perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Kai looks around for wherever the arrows seem to be coming from

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

Cavaler, positions himself behind his more heavily armored teammates.

Acquisitives

Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

Does the unknown person we are pursuing or the figure(s) depicted by the statues resemble either the robed person or the statue we saw during the Memory of Water mission?


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

The statue during Memory of Water was ruined so you couldn't see the face. But from what you did see, it didn't seem to match the statues in this room. As for the shadowy figure, you haven't been able to see much of the figure to compare... at least not yet!

Senko pings the network and it responds within expected parameters. Although there might be some time anomaly, you're still certainly in the expected time and place.

Kai Starchaser wrote:
Kai looks around for wherever the arrows seem to be coming from

Kai, if you're looking around further, go ahead and roll another perception.

What other actions do others take? Press forward? Turn back? Something else?

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 5 | SP 40 HP 35 | RP 6 | EAC 21; KAC 23; +4 vs AoO from movement | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +5; +2 vs. spells and spell-like abilities | Init: +7 | Ever Vigilant Darkvision, Perc: +11, SM: +5 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+16), 1d8

Kai, second perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Exo-Guardians

Female N Lashunta (Korasha) Death-touched Solarian 6 | SP 54/54 HP 46/46 | RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 16; Cold resistance 1 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed 40 ft.; Fly 30 ft. | Supernova (7d6 F, Reflex DC 16 half), Stellar Rush, Gravity Grappler, Dark Interaction, Mental Silence (1/day) | Effortless Aerobatics feat

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 What's going on

Finding no signs of trouble at all, Staar jetpacks down the hallway, chasing the figure towards the only door possible - unless she's mangled by traps on the way there, of course.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

Cavaler, warily follows Kai and Staar. He also checks for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Acquisitives

Char. sheet Android mercenary Soldier 7 SP 56/63|HP 53|RP 7; KAC 26, EAC 23; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 racial vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep; Armor training, Guard’s Protection (Ex), Fire resist 7; Perception +4; Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision

"Do we have time to explore further? I would like to investigate where those footprints are leading or do we have more than one intruder currently present." vigilant android asks while checking for traps
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Acquisitives

Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

I don't think Radaszam gave a time limit for this mission.

Senko follows the others, also checking for hazards and looking for the mysterious figure.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

The footsteps are leading in the direction the party is presently heading towards - which is also in the direction of your pursuit of this shadowy figure...

Everyone examines the area looking for danger while Staar leads the way.

Cavaler Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Just as Staar is about to jet down the corridor, Cavaler spots a very well-hidden danger and just manages to grab Staar before Staar triggers the trap!!

Moving past the second set of statues will trigger a massive wave of unavoidable poisoned arrows! It's not clear if these arrows would actually penetrate your armor, but nevertheless, this trap can be bypassed in order to ensure safe passage through. You are also able to determine that, once triggered, this trap will reset after 1 hour.

DC25 athletics to force the arrow slats closed or DC25 engineering to mechanically disable the trap. Please go ahead and describe how you take care of the trap and roll the appropriate skill.

-----

After getting pass the arrow trap, the party proceeds down the corridor into the next room. As you enter, you glimpse the shadowy figure walking up the steps to the raised platform, then picking the lock on the door directly across from you to the east, which opens with a resounding click. The figure then vanishes and the door remains closed.

Exo-Guardians

Female N Lashunta (Korasha) Death-touched Solarian 6 | SP 54/54 HP 46/46 | RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 16; Cold resistance 1 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed 40 ft.; Fly 30 ft. | Supernova (7d6 F, Reflex DC 16 half), Stellar Rush, Gravity Grappler, Dark Interaction, Mental Silence (1/day) | Effortless Aerobatics feat

Staar grabs hold of the movable parts of the wall next to the trap and forcibly moves them back to cover the arrows, her artifical limbs bulging with the effort.

Athletics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

---

Seeing the figure escape again, she rushes towards the next door, quickly examining it for more traps before opening it:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Agents exploring the below-ground level of the ruins to the north successfully negotiated with the passage’s guardian and unlocked the passageway down.

Table GMs, Delve Mission 4 is now available for selection.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

Cavaler, follows after the fast moving Staar. He keeps an eye out for traps also.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Staar finds the door unlocked and opens it. Cavaler, taking a look for danger does indeed find another trap! This one appears set to trigger soon after anyone enters the next room, filling the room with a magical fire.

DC22 Mysticism to disable the trap. I'll assume someone will roll this successfully and proceed...

After the party deals with the trap, you enter into the room. A thick stone slab carved with swirled patterns sits at the center of this room, though the chamber is otherwise bereft of furnishings. Sprawled against the slab is a charred humanoid skeleton. Upon examining the bones, you see the figure holds the remnants of an archaic sword and a device clutched in its fingers.

DC20 Culture:
You recognize the device as a wayfinder.

Continuing to search the room, you find a trapdoor in the floor next to the stone slab, leading down into a semi-circular room curling around another chamber. You find other Starfinder teams gathering here, arriving from other entrances.

You report your findings to Radaszam and he directs you to other areas of the ruins that require your attention!

Okay, that wraps up another mission. There's nothing of interest on the rest of this map and you would have found nothing if you went down any of the other corridors. I'll get the next mission Road's End up momentarily!


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

As the teams regroup aboveground, Celita calls for volunteers to explore the passage beneath the ancient shrine. “Everyone,” she says, “judging from our discoveries, it looks like these ruins are arrayed around a central chamber underground. We’ve secured a route under the shrine that may lead toward this area. Investigate it and relay your findings back to us as you go. Keep an eye out for irregularities. Our equipment has been picking up strange readings further in.”

Descending the stairs behind the shrine's alter, you arrive in what appears to be a kitchen. Several pieces of rusted cookware rest on the stone counter tops of this room, with a few moldering chairs stacked in the corner. A single door stands on the northern side of the room.

As you look around, the chamber flickers every so often, appearing to repair itself before weathering again.

DC20 Mysticism:
You identify the presence of a minor temporal anomaly.

Map is up!!

Acquisitives

Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

Culture: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

Intriguing. A wayfinder. Let's take this back to Radaszam.

-------

"Celita, can you offer more specifics than 'irregularities' and 'strange readings'?

-------

Before descending the stairs, Senko uses the "periodically ping the Starfinder network" script and lets it run while we explore.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

"Speaking of irregularities, I can sense a temporal anomaly here. A minor one, but still, be cautious."

Exo-Guardians

Female N Lashunta (Korasha) Death-touched Solarian 6 | SP 54/54 HP 46/46 | RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 16; Cold resistance 1 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed 40 ft.; Fly 30 ft. | Supernova (7d6 F, Reflex DC 16 half), Stellar Rush, Gravity Grappler, Dark Interaction, Mental Silence (1/day) | Effortless Aerobatics feat

Staar searches around the room for any good stuff:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

She doesn't see anything worth the trouble and stands next to the door, ready to take point when the rest of the party decides to explore further.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

Cavaler, moves forward with Staar, keeping his eyes open for anything out of the ordinary.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

He checks the ejection mechanism on this syringe stick that is attached to the bayonet bracket of the rocket rifle he is holding as he follows Staar.


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Previously....

Celita replies to Senko, "Strange readings in that what we're seeing is inconsistent. Heat imaging shows hot spots that appear and disappear. Radio wave scans show signals that appear then disappear. Basically, all of our scans seem to show activity one moment then inactivity the next."

--------

Currently...

Looking around, Star and Cavaler do not find anything of interest nor hazards within the room or on the door.

Everyone else can continue taking other actions within the room... or we can proceed through the door to the next room...

Acquisitives

Char. sheet Android mercenary Soldier 7 SP 56/63|HP 53|RP 7; KAC 26, EAC 23; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 racial vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep; Armor training, Guard’s Protection (Ex), Fire resist 7; Perception +4; Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision

Terminatrix walks past Star and Cavaler to the next room.


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Throwing caution to the wind, Terminatrix throws the door open and boldly strides into the next room!!

A small area of desiccated grass planted on the southwest side of this room wafts an odor of decay. The rotted remains of tables stand against the northern wall. Several bedchambers lie on the other side of open doors to the east, the bed frames within frozen over. One of the doors to the north opens to a small workshop, and the door to the west is tightly shut.

Several ysoki corpses lie sprawled across the floor of this room.

The three X's on the map marks the location of the ysoki corpses. Anyone want to take a closer look, approach and roll perception. Otherwise, go ahead and describe other actions your characters would like to take while in this room.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

Cavaler, makes sure the environmental controls on his armor are activated as he warily approaches the bodies.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

From 15 feet away, Cavaler cannot discern much about the bodies except that... Yup! They're ysoki bodies alright!

Acquisitives

Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)
GM bigboom wrote:

Previously....

Celita replies to Senko, "Strange readings in that what we're seeing is inconsistent. Heat imaging shows hot spots that appear and disappear. Radio wave scans show signals that appear then disappear. Basically, all of our scans seem to show activity one moment then inactivity the next."

"That sounds consistent with what we've seen in-person. For instance, one place was shifting between a well-maintained state and a ruined state. Like we were seeing it in two different times. While we're off on this mission, here's the data recorded from that previous mission, including timestamps. Could you please compare it with your readings? We might be able to make some sense of those inconsistencies."

-------

Upon seeing the ysoki corpses, Senko tries to examine them from a safe distance, as Cavaler is.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

If he is not able to notice anything, he will toss a pebble at one of the corpses. If they do not react, Senko will make sure his environmental seal is on and creep forward for a closer look. Will move one more square closer if needed. Weapons drawn.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Acquisitives

Char. sheet Android mercenary Soldier 7 SP 56/63|HP 53|RP 7; KAC 26, EAC 23; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 racial vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep; Armor training, Guard’s Protection (Ex), Fire resist 7; Perception +4; Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision

With armor enviromental controls on, Terminatrix moves to examine corpses. He seems wary of ambush and intends to approach quietly.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Exo-Guardians

Female N Lashunta (Korasha) Death-touched Solarian 6 | SP 54/54 HP 46/46 | RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 16; Cold resistance 1 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed 40 ft.; Fly 30 ft. | Supernova (7d6 F, Reflex DC 16 half), Stellar Rush, Gravity Grappler, Dark Interaction, Mental Silence (1/day) | Effortless Aerobatics feat

Staar moves around to flank the 'corpses', expecting trouble.

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 5 | SP 40 HP 35 | RP 6 | EAC 21; KAC 23; +4 vs AoO from movement | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +5; +2 vs. spells and spell-like abilities | Init: +7 | Ever Vigilant Darkvision, Perc: +11, SM: +5 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+16), 1d8

Kai, perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Kai moves next to the nearest corpse and carefully examines it

Exo-Guardians

Active conditions: Life Bubble?, Bodyguard & In Harm’s Way | Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Kadrical 6 | EAC 20; KAC 21 (starlight?) | F/R/W +4/+4/+11 (+1 or 2 vs. Fear, 5 electricity resistance, +2 vs. Radiation, +4 Toughness) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | SP 54 (-0) HP 40 (-0) | RP 9/9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 6/6, Spells 2: 4/4, Stargazer 2/2

Mysticism (t) + Tools: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 4 = 27

Hef easily disables the DC 22 Mysticism trap from earlier, then rushes to catch up to the group. He strides in and pokes a corpse with the butt of his spear.

I'm back to a regular posting schedule.


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Woops! My mistake! The bodies were actually human, not ysoki. Otherwise, everything else is the same. Sorry about that!!

And of course (as OOC-ly expected) once Terminatrix, Kai and Hef approach the bodies, they re-animate, flip up onto their feet and attack!!!

Combat Initiated!!!

Initiative rolls:
Initiative, Hef: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Initiative, Staar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Initiative, Senko: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Initiative, Cavaler: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Initiative, Kai: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Initiative, Terminatrix: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Initiative, Red zombie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Initiative, Blue zombie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Initiative, Orange zombie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

DC16 Mysticism to identify.

Round 1
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Terminatrix (-1RP)
Senko (-1RP)
Staar (-1RP)
Cavaler (-2RP)
Kai (-1RP)

Orange
Blue
Red
Hef (-3RP)

Exo-Guardians

Active conditions: Life Bubble?, Bodyguard & In Harm’s Way | Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Kadrical 6 | EAC 20; KAC 21 (starlight?) | F/R/W +4/+4/+11 (+1 or 2 vs. Fear, 5 electricity resistance, +2 vs. Radiation, +4 Toughness) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | SP 54 (-0) HP 40 (-0) | RP 9/9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 6/6, Spells 2: 4/4, Stargazer 2/2

Mysticism (t): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

The Kasathan points out anything he knows, his voice slipping out from behind his half-face covering mask.

DR then anything on Senko's list he didn't learn.


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Hef knows the following:

  • These guys are occult zombies, medium sized undead and are carrying swords
  • They have DR 5/magic
  • They have undead immunities
  • Special ability: Snagging Strike. When a zombie hits with its longsword, it lashes out with its other hand to throw off the target’s balance. If the attack roll equals or exceeds the target’s KAC + 4, the target is flat-footed until the start of the zombie’s next turn
  • No vulnerabilities

    And FYI OOCly, The "Survivors" condition that is currently in effect has reduced the number of zombies in this encounter from 4 to 3.

  • Acquisitives

    Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

    Senko is very unsurprised that the zombies are zombies.

    Mysticism (identify creature): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

    Oof, that is not a great roll. Hef already got a lot of info, but if I get a question with a 17, I'll ask if these zombies are permanently staggered like some other zombies Senko has encountered.

    If they are permanently staggered, taking advantage of that will completely trivialize this encounter.

    Exo-Guardians

    Female N Lashunta (Korasha) Death-touched Solarian 6 | SP 54/54 HP 46/46 | RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 16; Cold resistance 1 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed 40 ft.; Fly 30 ft. | Supernova (7d6 F, Reflex DC 16 half), Stellar Rush, Gravity Grappler, Dark Interaction, Mental Silence (1/day) | Effortless Aerobatics feat

    Staar attunes photon, moves towards blue while forming her solar gauntlet and tries to put the creature out of its misery.

    Solar gauntlet vs. Blue's KAC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
    Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 14 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + 14 + (2) = 18

    Staar has a soulfire fusion on her least apocalypse crystal, so her weapon counts as magic to bypass the DR

    151 to 200 of 449 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.