[SFS - PbP Outpost V] 3-99 Perils of the Past - GM bigboom (Inactive)

Game Master bigboom

Maps & Slides
Timeline
Convention Main Thread


201 to 250 of 449 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

Cavaler, takes a hand off his rocket rifle and draws a spell gem from a pouch on his utility belt. It crumbles to dust in his hand as he releases the mystic energy in it. A sky blue disk of pure force energy appears in front of of him. Seizing it, he cocks it behind his head and hurls it at the zombies. hurl forcedisk

Force Disk vs. Red EAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Force Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5) = 13

Force Disk vs. Blue EAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Force Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8

Force Disk vs. Orange EAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Force Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6

Critical Force Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 6) = 13


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Senko also recalls that these zombies are Staggered - they're always considered staggered and can never take more than a single move or standard action in a round. It can’t take full actions.

Right you are! I obviously don't play much Pathfinder becuase I did not know this was a common thing amongst zombies!

Acquisitives

Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

Senko telepathically sends to his allies, These zombies are slow to react. Use skirmishing tactics, never linger near them.

More than just being limited to taking one action per round, being staggered also prevents the use of reactions - so they can't take opportunity attacks. With only one action and no opportunity attacks, if they aren't next to you when their turn starts, they can't attack you. If we never end a turn next to the zombies, then they can never attack us.

Senko steps back, lines up a shot on Orange, and fires his sonic pistol.

Sense Motive (trick attack) vs. CR+20: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25
Sonic pistol vs. EAC (flatfooted if trick is successful): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Sonic damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Additional sonic damage if trick is successful: 3d8 ⇒ (7, 3, 6) = 16
Orange is flatfooted for 1 round if skill check and attack are both successful

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 5 | SP 40 HP 35 | RP 6 | EAC 21; KAC 23; +4 vs AoO from movement | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +5; +2 vs. spells and spell-like abilities | Init: +7 | Ever Vigilant Darkvision, Perc: +11, SM: +5 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+16), 1d8

Kai calls his static arc pistol to his hand, tumbles away, and fires at the flat-footed zombie

called static arc pistol vs. EAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
electricity: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

if you need an acrobatics check let me know, but I don't think it's necessary


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Senko, you make good points! I suppose after the zombies get a couple swings in, then if properly kited, it'll soon be the end of this encounter!

Staar bashes blue for 18 points of damage!!

Cavaler throws forth another disk of force, dealing damage to all three zombies!!

Senko blasts orange for 17 points of damage!

Kai backs off and fires but his shot misses!!

--------

1d2 ⇒ 2

longsword vs KAC: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
slash damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Orange swings its sword at Hef but doesn't come close!

longsword vs KAC: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
slash damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Blue swings a vicious attack at Staar which hits for 13 points of damage and the zombie manages to shove Staar with its offhand, leaving Staar flat-footed!

longsword vs KAC: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
slash damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Red atttacks Terminatrix and although it connects, it plinks harmlessly off Terminatrix maybe leaving a slight scratch that will be easily buffed out.

--------

Round 1 cont'd & Round 2
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Terminatrix (-1RP, 2 rounds worth of actions)
Senko (-1RP)
Staar (-13SP, -1RP, flat-footed)
Cavaler (-2RP)
Kai (-1RP)

Orange (-23, flat-footed)
Blue (-26)
Red (-26)
Hef (-3RP)

Terminatrix, because I didn't bot you for round 1, go ahead and take 2 rounds worth of actions in your next post.

Acquisitives

Char. sheet Android mercenary Soldier 7 SP 56/63|HP 53|RP 7; KAC 26, EAC 23; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 racial vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep; Armor training, Guard’s Protection (Ex), Fire resist 7; Perception +4; Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision

1st round: Terminatrix hits twice zombie next to him (red) with his blade.
Agonizing devastation blade: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 4 = 14
slashing: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (1, 5) + 10 = 16

Agonizing devastation blade: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 4 = 22
slashing: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 1) + 10 = 19

2nd round: Assuming red is gone I'll move to hit orange, if red is still standing then hit it once and guarded step to offer flank vs. orange.
Agonizing devastation blade: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
slashing: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 7) + 10 = 22

Exo-Guardians

Female N Lashunta (Korasha) Death-touched Solarian 6 | SP 54/54 HP 46/46 | RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 16; Cold resistance 1 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed 40 ft.; Fly 30 ft. | Supernova (7d6 F, Reflex DC 16 half), Stellar Rush, Gravity Grappler, Dark Interaction, Mental Silence (1/day) | Effortless Aerobatics feat

Staar attunes photon one more time, returns the attack on blue and moves back to exploit the staggered condition:

Solar gauntlet vs. Blue's KAC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 14 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + 14 + (2) = 18

Exo-Guardians

Active conditions: Life Bubble?, Bodyguard & In Harm’s Way | Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Kadrical 6 | EAC 20; KAC 21 (starlight?) | F/R/W +4/+4/+11 (+1 or 2 vs. Fear, 5 electricity resistance, +2 vs. Radiation, +4 Toughness) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | SP 54 (-0) HP 40 (-0) | RP 9/9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 6/6, Spells 2: 4/4, Stargazer 2/2

Hef strikes the nearest zombie with his spear, then moves behind the heavily armored android.

"Those tactics are sound unless the enemy disregards safety and charges*.

Returning Cold Iron Tactical Spear vs. Orange KAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 for Magic/Cold Iron/Piercing + W.S.: 1d6 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 5 = 13 (if hits, gets +1 AC vs. that target)

If any adjacent ally (only Terminatrix at the moment) is attacked (first attack vs. them), he uses his Bodyguard Feat to boost their AC by 2. If it still hits he uses his Harm's Way feat intercept the attack. If Hef is hit from this or any other melee attack the enemy takes 1d6 electricity damage.

*PFS1 allowed a charge with only a standard, if you were restricted to a standard. But it appears maybe sfs does not? I can't find the verbiage to indicate charge isn't anything but a full round action. If so, then staggered is quite possibly the strongest condition in the game, especially since 5-ft steps aren't free actions anymore. Daaaamn.

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 5 | SP 40 HP 35 | RP 6 | EAC 21; KAC 23; +4 vs AoO from movement | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +5; +2 vs. spells and spell-like abilities | Init: +7 | Ever Vigilant Darkvision, Perc: +11, SM: +5 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+16), 1d8

Kai dashes onto range for a clean trick shot and then dashes back.

shot on the run + trick shot, looking for anywhere I can get a clean shot. If necessary for move costs he can end anywhere else, just needs to be away from the zombies

called static arc pistol vs. EAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
electricity: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Trick Attack (Ex): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
3d8 ⇒ (7, 3, 2) = 12

Acquisitives

Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

I'm not sure which enemies are still up, if any. If red is still up, I'll try to finish off that one, then orange, then blue. If I'm not attacking red I'll be moving, so I'm going to make a copy of my token and be in two places at once. bigboom, please delete my lower-left token if I'm attacking red, or my upper-right token if I'm attacking orange/blue.

Senko (possibly) moves into position, waits for a zombie to present a weak spot, and fires his sonic pistol.

Sense Motive (trick attack) vs. CR+20: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33
Sonic pistol vs. EAC (flatfooted if trick is successful): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Sonic damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Additional sonic damage if trick is successful: 3d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 5) = 15
Target is flatfooted for 1 round if skill check and attack are both successful

Hef Sadir wrote:
*PFS1 allowed a charge with only a standard, if you were restricted to a standard. But it appears maybe sfs does not? I can't find the verbiage to indicate charge isn't anything but a full round action. If so, then staggered is quite possibly the strongest condition in the game, especially since 5-ft steps aren't free actions anymore. Daaaamn.

Yeah, Starfinder does not have a partial charge like PF1 did. Against a melee-only enemy that's staggered, if the party exploits that weakness, the enemy can't do anything at all (unless they have a special ability for a standard action charge). That's what makes the slow spell so powerful.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

Cavaler, dashes through the chaotic melee and finds a clear line of sight to fire his rocket rifle on a remaining zombie. Standard get 'em on orange, everyone gets a +2 to their next attack against that zombie.

Rocket Rifle + Get 'Em Bonus vs. Orange KAC: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 = 26
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Terminatrix swings three times with the first missing. The second attack hits and the third swing brings red down!!

Staar bashes blue for 18 points of damage!!

Hef's attack misses the mark but he stays on guard, ready to protect his teammates!

Kai shoots at orange just managing to hit the flat-footed zombie which suffers 13 poitns of damage!

Senko fakes out orange, leaving it again flat-footed and dealing 15 points of damage!

Cavaler also attacks orange and hits for 5 points of damage!

--------

longsword vs KAC: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
slash damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Orange attacks Terminatrix and just as the hit was about to land, Hef intercepts the attack, take 10 points of damage. In return, the zombie takes 1d6 - 5 ⇒ (6) - 5 = 1 point of electrical damage.

longsword vs KAC: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
slash damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Blue also attacks Terminatrix but misses entirely!!

--------

Round 2 cont'd & Round 3
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Terminatrix (-1RP)
Senko (-1RP)
Staar (-13SP, -1RP)
Cavaler (-2RP)
Kai (-1RP)

Orange (-57, flat-footed)
Blue (-44)
Hef (-10SP, -3RP)

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

I forgot to mention Cavaler's rocket rifle has fusions on it so that would negate the zombies DR.

Cavaler, launches another mini rocket at the zombie in front of him!

Rocket Rifle + Get 'Em Bonus vs. Orange KAC: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 = 32
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Critical Bludgeoning Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Standard get 'em on orange, everyone gets a +2 to their next attack against that zombie.

Wow, what is the probability of rolling 4 three times in a row with a 1d12???

Exo-Guardians

Active conditions: Life Bubble?, Bodyguard & In Harm’s Way | Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Kadrical 6 | EAC 20; KAC 21 (starlight?) | F/R/W +4/+4/+11 (+1 or 2 vs. Fear, 5 electricity resistance, +2 vs. Radiation, +4 Toughness) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | SP 54 (-0) HP 40 (-0) | RP 9/9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 6/6, Spells 2: 4/4, Stargazer 2/2

The Kasathan grunts as he absorbs the slash and his blood sprays upon the ground, "Yeeessss. I will take your pain upon me."

He strides up and stabs again.

Returning Cold Iron Tactical Spear vs. Orange KAC + Get 'Em: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11 for Magic/Cold Iron/Piercing + W.S.: 1d6 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 5 = 13 (if hits, gets +1 AC vs. that target)

If any adjacent ally (Terminatrix atm) is attacked (first attack vs. them), he uses his Bodyguard Feat to boost their AC by 2. If it still hits he uses his Harm's Way feat intercept the attack. If Hef is hit from this or any other melee attack the enemy takes 1d6 electricity damage.

Attack vs. Blue if Orange is down. I'm not sure what the AoE effect is, but Hef would wait to move if someone is doing something like that.

Acquisitives

Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

After observing the last few exchanges with the zombies, Senko realizes something. "They don't only resist physical weapons! Our electric and sonic weapons are having a lessened effect as well!"

DR only applies to physical damage. The electric and sonic damage we've dealt has also been reduced by 5, so by this point we should be able to visibly see that they also have resist 5 electric & sonic.

Thinking that Staar might explode imminently, Senko decides to empirically check if the zombies also resist fire. He drops his semi-auto pistol, draws his laser pistol, and shoots (at orange if it's still up, at blue if orange is down).

Laser pistol vs. EAC (+2 if attacking orange): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Fire damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Acquisitives

Char. sheet Android mercenary Soldier 7 SP 56/63|HP 53|RP 7; KAC 26, EAC 23; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 racial vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep; Armor training, Guard’s Protection (Ex), Fire resist 7; Perception +4; Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision

Terminatrix hits orange zombie.

Agonizing Devastation blade: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
slashing: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (4, 5) + 10 = 19


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Cavaler and Terminatrix's attacks bring the last two zombies down... for good!!

Combat Concluded!!!

Now that they're no longer attacking you, the party is able to take a closer look at the corpses. Although they appear newly deceased (and not just in relation to the party literally killing them just now), they wear peculiar clothing unlike anything in the modern galaxy, and the weapons they held were simple swords, of ancient make and rather damaged but after having taken a couple hits from them, were obviously imbued with magic.

There are no signs of a battle anywhere in the room.

DC20 Culture:
Each of the corpses carries a Wayfinder

DC20 Medicine:
While examing the corpses, you note claw marks on the bodies forming jagged, congealed wounds affected by magical rot, indicating they were killed by ghouls only a few hours ago!

DC20 Mysticism:
You identify the remnants of temporal energy animating the bodies; although these people died recently, their bodies have been shunted through time and they likely came from the distant past.

With nothing else of interest, you search through the rest of the facility and find nothing of great interest but finally come to a large door to the north which opens to the same semi-circular chamber curving around an inner room that you previously discovered. And like before, you find other Starfinder teams gathering here, arriving from other entrances.

You report your findings to Celita and she encourages you to continue on to further missions!!

Current status:
Terminatrix (-1RP)
Senko (-1RP)
Staar (-13SP, -1RP)
Cavaler (-2RP)
Kai (-1RP)
Hef (-10SP, -3RP)

As usual, a 10 min break or shopping is available in between missions. I'll get the next mission posted up shortly!


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

You meet Ixthia and they nod approvingly at the group gathered around them. “Hello again. After your negotiations with The Emissary, the passage through is now clear. Additional undetected guardians and security measures may be present, however, so be on your guard.” They lead your team through the ruins into a star-shaped chamber with a spiraling pattern engraved on its floor and a set of stairs descending at its center. “We believe the oddities in this place are strongest toward the center, perhaps in an inner sanctum of sorts. I believe the ruins’ secrets are contained within it. Go forward, clear the way, and catalog any temporal irregularities you encounter.”

After going down the stairs and traversing a winding hallway, you emerge into a rectangular room. At the center of this rectangular room stands an oval-shaped pit, the steps encircling it leading down to the bottom five feet below. Holes spaced at intervals around the edges of the room once held pillars, judging by the collapsed piles of stone fragments around them. Bones lie scattered across the bottom of the empty pit. A hallway briefly branches off to the north and south before ending in piles of rubble. A set of double doors to the west remains intact

Before you have a chance to take a closer look at your surroundings, ghosts rise from the bones, howling in anguish!!!

New map up!

Someone can try to calm them down by saying something followed by a Diplomacy roll. Assists are permitted.

Exo-Guardians

Female N Lashunta (Korasha) Death-touched Solarian 6 | SP 54/54 HP 46/46 | RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 16; Cold resistance 1 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed 40 ft.; Fly 30 ft. | Supernova (7d6 F, Reflex DC 16 half), Stellar Rush, Gravity Grappler, Dark Interaction, Mental Silence (1/day) | Effortless Aerobatics feat

Staar puts a finger against her lip and shhhs the ghosts.

Diplomacy to aid another: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Mysticsim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

"These corpses have Wayfinder insignia on them. I also sense that the temporal energy we detected is coming from them. It's as if they were shunted through time and from the distant past."

Back at base Cavaler reloads his rocket rifle and buys another spell gem (hurl forcedisk). I think that spell is rapidly becoming my favorite.

Cavaler, steps forward and addresses the ghosts. "As a duly designated representative of the Starfinder Society and the districts of Absalom Station, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension."

Diplomacy + Aid Another: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 2 = 23

Exo-Guardians

Active conditions: Life Bubble?, Bodyguard & In Harm’s Way | Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Kadrical 6 | EAC 20; KAC 21 (starlight?) | F/R/W +4/+4/+11 (+1 or 2 vs. Fear, 5 electricity resistance, +2 vs. Radiation, +4 Toughness) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | SP 54 (-0) HP 40 (-0) | RP 9/9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 6/6, Spells 2: 4/4, Stargazer 2/2

Hef jerks his thumb back at the elf, "What he said."

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

The ghosts cease their howling and calm down at Cavaler's statement. One of them turns to Cavaler, tilts his head curiously and asks, "Are you a god?"

Their speech is intelligible as modern Common but their dialect is somewhat archaic.

One of the other ghosts chides, "Krozol! Clearly they aren't!"

"Oh," responds Krozol who then turns back to the party and states, "We're Pathfinder Society agents, sent forth through the Maze of the Open Road. Be you denizens of this place, or fellow explorers?”

The ghosts have chilled out, so feel free to speak with the ghosts, ask them questions, take other actions, etc.


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

"And did you say... Absalom??"

Acquisitives

Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

"We are fellow explorers, yes. And yes, Absalom Station. I think the name comes from a place on Lost Golarion. You said you are Pathfinder Society agents? Perhaps we have some connection - we are Starfinder Society agents. Where are you from?"

Do they seem to react much to seeing an android, a kasatha, and a shirren?

Acquisitives

Char. sheet Android mercenary Soldier 7 SP 56/63|HP 53|RP 7; KAC 26, EAC 23; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 racial vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep; Armor training, Guard’s Protection (Ex), Fire resist 7; Perception +4; Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision

Culture on corpses: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
"I can't quite recall whats a "wayfinder" but maybe some kind relic."
----

"What is that "Open Maze" you mentioned? Can we use it? And yes, we are explorers. I joined this society after escaping from planet called Apostae, where I was enslaved by dark elves." he chats with the ghosts

Exo-Guardians

Female N Lashunta (Korasha) Death-touched Solarian 6 | SP 54/54 HP 46/46 | RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 16; Cold resistance 1 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed 40 ft.; Fly 30 ft. | Supernova (7d6 F, Reflex DC 16 half), Stellar Rush, Gravity Grappler, Dark Interaction, Mental Silence (1/day) | Effortless Aerobatics feat

Staar sits down on the steps, a bit disappointed not having to fight ghosts - she picked her solarian crystal specifically for that.

Going by the description, shouldn't we be at the left side of the map? Before entering the chamber with the tentacle-y statue... or did we already cross the "set of double doors to the west"?


Starfinders exploring the chambers below the shrine have discovered corpses of people who seemed to be recently deceased, wielding archaic weaponry and bearing the symbol of an ancient organization known as the Pathfinder Society. Tread carefully; it appears that—somehow—we’re not alone down here.

Table GMs, Delve Mission 1 is complete, and the Coalescent Chronology condition is now in effect.


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

They don't react differently to the android, kasatha and shirren in the group. They seem to take it in stride... or maybe they don't notice...

Replying to Senko, Krozol says, "Starfinders? Lost Golarion? How curious... Indeed we are from the land of Golarion and Absalom is the greatest city in the land. But why would you ask such a question for we ARE on Golarion."

Responding to Terminatrix, "Planet Apostae? Dark elves? Are you referring to a new plane of existance? Or a previously undiscovered continent?"

Seemingly agitated, one of the other ghosts blurts out rather directly, "Where ARE all of you from?"

A look of annoyance crosses Krozol's face as he continues talking, "The Maze of the Open Road is a passageway, crossing through interdimensional space to untold destinations. Of late, however, all paths redirect to a single destination: here. We were to investigate the problem and repair the Maze. Our quest, it seems, was in vain. We can only hope our colleagues succeed where we failed."

The other two ghosts begin having a little spat between them.

"We wouldn't have failed if Bomuil hadn't lost the trail! Always bragging about being Taldor's greatest tracker. Bah!"

Bomuil response, "Well if YOU, the so-called mighty Toretgras, beast slayer of Cheliax hadn't lost the artifact guiding us, we wouldn't have had to scramble for tracks in the dark!"

<grumble> <grumble> <grumble>


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!
Staar wrote:

Staar sits down on the steps, a bit disappointed not having to fight ghosts - she picked her solarian crystal specifically for that.

Going by the description, shouldn't we be at the left side of the map? Before entering the chamber with the tentacle-y statue... or did we already cross the "set of double doors to the west"?

Hmmm... Yah the boxed text room description doesn't really match the map's picture. I chalk it up to sloppy-ish writing or perhaps the writer having to write the description before the map image itself was available. Nevertheless, the party is in the right room!

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

"I am hesitant to tell you all this, but I fear that I must. Unfortunately it appears that you are all dead."

Exo-Guardians

Active conditions: Life Bubble?, Bodyguard & In Harm’s Way | Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Kadrical 6 | EAC 20; KAC 21 (starlight?) | F/R/W +4/+4/+11 (+1 or 2 vs. Fear, 5 electricity resistance, +2 vs. Radiation, +4 Toughness) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | SP 54 (-0) HP 40 (-0) | RP 9/9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 6/6, Spells 2: 4/4, Stargazer 2/2

Hef scans the ghosts with glowing magical eyes (Detect Magic).

"They do not seem dead. Maybe just from somewhere else? There is much in this universe I do not understand."

Acquisitives

Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

Senko responds to Krozol, "No, Apostae is neither a plane nor a continent. It is a planet in the same system where Golarion used to be. And we are not currently on Golarion; this is Akiton, another planet in that same system."

"Throughout our explorations here, we have been detecting time distortions. I do not know what this Maze of the Open Road is, but if it is indeed a device capable of interdimensional travel through space, is it possible that a Maze in disrepair could transport you not only to another planet, but also to another time?"

"It seems that you are from far in the past, before Golarion disappeared. In our time, we also have an Absalom, though for us, it is...", Senko pauses for a moment, trying to think of the words to describe a space station, "a giant city, floating in space."

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 5 | SP 40 HP 35 | RP 6 | EAC 21; KAC 23; +4 vs AoO from movement | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +5; +2 vs. spells and spell-like abilities | Init: +7 | Ever Vigilant Darkvision, Perc: +11, SM: +5 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+16), 1d8

Kai, culture: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Kai, medicine: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Kai, mysticism: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

---

"We are not on Golarion... In fact, that planet disappeared awhile ago. No one knows where it went or what happened to it, and the gods will not say; perhaps they themselves do not know."


"Starfinders, an exploration team has followed the trail of some sort of spirit from the past to a false treasure vault. The trap within the vault looks to have proven fatal to this long-ago explorer, but we’ve learned some valuable things about the hazards present in the ruins."

Table GMs, Delve Mission 5 is complete, and the Warning of Peril condition is now in effect.

Exo-Guardians

Female N Lashunta (Korasha) Death-touched Solarian 6 | SP 54/54 HP 46/46 | RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 16; Cold resistance 1 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed 40 ft.; Fly 30 ft. | Supernova (7d6 F, Reflex DC 16 half), Stellar Rush, Gravity Grappler, Dark Interaction, Mental Silence (1/day) | Effortless Aerobatics feat

Ask them about the "the oddities in this place are strongest toward the center, perhaps in an inner sanctum of sorts", mentioned by Ixthia, it was probably the cause of their deaths


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

"Another planet? Another time? Golarion disappeared and a city floating in space?" repeats Krozol in response to Senko and Kai. An obviously troubled look crosses his face.

Cavaler Traleth wrote:
"I am hesitant to tell you all this, but I fear that I must. Unfortunately it appears that you are all dead."

All three ghosts instantly turn their heads to face Cavaler and say simultaneously, "Wait... wut?!?!?"

And suddenly without warning, they leap to attack you!!!

Combat Initiated!!!

Initiative rolls:
Initiative, Hef: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Initiative, Staar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Initiative, Senko: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Initiative, Cavaler: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Initiative, Kai: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Initiative, Terminatrix: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Initiative, ghosts: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Round 1
The following characters in bold may take their turn:
Cavaler (-2RP)
Red ghost
Orange ghost
Blue ghost
Kai (-1RP)
Senko (-1RP)
Terminatrix (-1RP)
Staar (-13SP, -1RP)
Hef (-10SP, -3RP)

Mysticism DC16 to identify

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 5 | SP 40 HP 35 | RP 6 | EAC 21; KAC 23; +4 vs AoO from movement | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +5; +2 vs. spells and spell-like abilities | Init: +7 | Ever Vigilant Darkvision, Perc: +11, SM: +5 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+16), 1d8

Kai. Mysticism: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Acquisitives

Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

Mysticism (identify creature): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

Desired order of information:
- Coolest special attack
- Vulnerabilities
- Resistances/immunities
- Other special attacks
- DR

Exo-Guardians

Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

Cavaler, makes a mental note as the ghosts move to attack the party. When someone asks you if you're a god you say yes!

Mysticism: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Cavaler, takes a hand of his rocket rifle and draws a spell gem from a pouch on his utility belt. He yells, "Get her!" as a sky blue disk of pure force energy coalesces into existence. Grabbing it with his free hand he flings it at the ghosts.

Force Disk vs. Blue EAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Force Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 6) = 8

Force Disk vs. Red EAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Force Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6

Force Disk vs. Orange EAC: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Force Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11


Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

Ha! Okay, Ghostbusters references are making this my favorite missions so far!

Kai and Cavaler aren't able to determine anything specific about these ghosts but Senko knows:

  • They are medium undead Pathfinder ghosts that also have a fly speed
  • Chilling Spray (Sp) A Pathfinder ghost can cast an ancient spell lost to modern society. As a standard action, they can spray a 15-foot cone of icy shards from their hands, dealing 4d4 cold damage to creatures in the area (Reflex DC 15). On a successful save, a creature takes half damage (no damage on a critical success). On a failure, a creature takes full damage and a –5-foot penalty to its speeds for 2 rounds; on a critical failure, this penalty becomes –10 feet and the creature takes double damage. This ability consumes a 2nd-level spell slot.
  • No vulnerabilities
  • incorporeal defensive ability
  • Corrupting Touch (Su) As a standard action, the ghost can make a single melee attack against EAC. On a hit, this attack deals 4d6 damage. This damage has no type—it manifests in the form of aches from supernatural aging. Creatures immune to magical aging are immune to this damage, but otherwise the damage bypasses all forms of damage reduction. A successful Fortitude save halves the damage dealt.

    -------

    Cavaler tosses his signature opening move and the disc of force hits red and orange for 6 and 11 points of damage!!

    All three ghosts crowd up around Staar and each sprays a 15 foot cone of ice shards from his hands, affecting everyone except Kai!
    Red cold damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 4, 4) = 11 Reflex DC15 for half. Crit success negates all. Fail also takes -5 foot move penalty for 2 rounds. Crit fail becomes -10 and double damage.

    Orange cold damage: 4d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 4) = 11 Reflex DC15 for half. Crit success negates all. Fail also takes -5 foot move penalty for 2 rounds. Crit fail becomes -10 and double damage.

    Blue cold damage: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 1, 2) = 11 Reflex DC15 for half. Crit success negates all. Fail also takes -5 foot move penalty for 2 rounds. Crit fail becomes -10 and double damage.

    Huh. Well, those are interesting results for three 4d4 rolls in a row!

    -------

    Round 1 cont'd & Round 2
    The following characters in bold may take their turn:
    Cavaler (-2RP, please roll 3 reflex saves)
    Red ghost (-6)
    Orange ghost (-11)
    Blue ghost
    Kai (-1RP)
    Senko (-1RP, please roll 3 reflex saves)
    Terminatrix (-1RP, please roll 3 reflex saves)
    Staar (-13SP, -1RP, please roll 3 reflex saves)
    Hef (-10SP, -3RP, please roll 3 reflex saves)

  • Acquisitives

    Char. sheet Android mercenary Soldier 7 SP 56/63|HP 53|RP 7; KAC 26, EAC 23; Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +6; +2 racial vs. disease, mind-affecting, poison, sleep; Armor training, Guard’s Protection (Ex), Fire resist 7; Perception +4; Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision

    Reflex 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
    Reflex 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
    Reflex 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    Terminatrix slashes the ghost in front of him twice but cannot focus enough.

    Agonizing Devastation blade: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 4 = 9

    Agonizing Devastation blade: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 4 = 8

    Exo-Guardians

    Female N Lashunta (Korasha) Death-touched Solarian 6 | SP 54/54 HP 46/46 | RP 6/6 | EAC 15; KAC 16; Cold resistance 1 | Fort +6; Ref +3; Will +5 | Init: +1 | Perc: +5, SM: -2 | Speed 40 ft.; Fly 30 ft. | Supernova (7d6 F, Reflex DC 16 half), Stellar Rush, Gravity Grappler, Dark Interaction, Mental Silence (1/day) | Effortless Aerobatics feat

    Staar attunes photon and full attacks the orange ghost:

    Solar gauntlet vs. Orange's KAC: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 4 = 26
    Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 14 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + 14 + (3) = 23

    Solar gauntlet vs. Orange's KAC: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 4 = 20
    Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 14 + 1d4 ⇒ (1) + 14 + (4) = 19

    Staar's least apocalypse crystal "causes the damage dealt by your solarian weapon to function as a force effect", therefore doing full damage on incorporeal creatures

    Reflex save DC 15: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 = 15
    Reflex save DC 15: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
    Reflex save DC 15: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

    Crit fail? Crit success? What is this heresy?


    Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!
    Staar wrote:
    Crit fail? Crit success? What is this heresy?

    The god emperor has peered into the depths of your soul and deemed you an unworthy heretic!!! I really miss playing 40k RPGs... Those were some pretty fun, over-the-top games. But yah jokes aside, crit success/failure rules are pretty strange here in Starfinder. No idea why that exists in this one particular ability.

    Acquisitives

    Male N shirren xenoseeker operative 5 Shirren | SP 40/40 HP 36/36 RP 7/7 | EAC 21; KAC 23 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +7 | Init +7 | Perc +13, SM +16; Blindsense (vibration) 30 ft., darkvision 60 ft. | Speed 40 ft., fly 30 ft. (average)

    Reflex: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20
    Reflex: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 = 18
    Reflex: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22

    I have evasion, so no damage from any of those

    These ghosts are incorporeal, of course. I don't know how often they can do that chilling spray, so spread out. They can also inflict the pain of aging by touching you.

    Senko maneuvers around near the door, takes aim at Orange (or Blue, if Staar's attacks downed Orange), and fires his sonic pistol.

    Sense motive (trick attack) vs. CR+20: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29
    Sonic pistol vs. EAC (flatfooted if trick successful): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
    Sonic damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
    Additional sonic damage if trick successful: 3d8 ⇒ (2, 7, 4) = 13
    Target is flatfooted for 1 round if both rolls are successful. I'm pretty sure the skill check is a success, so if I hit, half damage is 10.

    Exo-Guardians

    Active conditions: Life Bubble?, Bodyguard & In Harm’s Way | Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Kadrical 6 | EAC 20; KAC 21 (starlight?) | F/R/W +4/+4/+11 (+1 or 2 vs. Fear, 5 electricity resistance, +2 vs. Radiation, +4 Toughness) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | SP 54 (-0) HP 40 (-0) | RP 9/9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 6/6, Spells 2: 4/4, Stargazer 2/2

    Reflex DC15 + Bonus: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 1 = 24
    Reflex DC15 + Bonus: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18
    Reflex DC15 + Bonus: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 = 15

    Do they have weapons out? Or better yet, do we know if they can take AoO’s?

    Hef dodges, dips, dives, ducks and dodges the ice, avoiding the full damage. He looks for an opportunity to blast a ghost back to the days of future past present time. Or something.

    Exo-Guardians

    Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

    Reflex Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
    Reflex Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
    Reflex Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

    Is a critical success 5 or more or 10 or more higher than the DC?

    Cavaler's cat like reflexes save him from the ghosts' ice sprays and he quickly moves to the other side of the room. Putting his other hand back on his rocket rifle, he launches a mini rocket the closest ghost.

    Rocket Rifle (Called, Entangling, Merciful) + Get 'Em Bonus vs. Orange KAC: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19
    Bludgeoning Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

    Standard Get 'Em is applied to orange, everyone's next attack against blue gets a +2 bonus.

    Exo-Guardians

    Male LN Elf Icon Envoy 8 (PC Sheet) | SP 48/48 HP 52/52 | RP 7/9 | EAC 21; KAC 23 |Fort +2; Ref +12; Will +6 | Init: +6 | Low Light Vision; Perc +13; SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. |Active Conditions: Immune to magical sleep effects.

    Standard Get 'Em is applied to orange, everyone's next attack against orange gets a +2 bonus.


    Starship Actions ; Live Exploration Extreme!

    Terminatrix takes 21 points of cold damage and counterattacks but his swings miss!

    Staar takes 38 points of cold damage but exhibiting deadly martial prowess, swings back, hitting Orange twice, dissipating the ghost into nothingness!!

    Senko avoids all damage from the cold spray and fires at blue, hitting it for 10 points of damage!!

    Hef takes 15 points of damage from the spray!
    Hef would know they can take an AoO because the party has knowledge of their corrupting touch attack, thanks to Senko's mysticism insights.

    Cavaler also dodges out of a good amount of the spray damage, taking only 15 points! He fires on blue and hits for 9 points of damage!
    Since orange is down, I'll apply your attacks to blue. As for critical success and failures, I haven't found these explicitly defined in Starfinder rules so I assume rolling a 1 is a critical failure and rolling a 20 is a critical success.

    -------

    Round 1 cont'd & Round 2
    The following characters in bold may take their turn:
    Cavaler (-15SP, -2RP)
    Red ghost (-6)
    Blue ghost (-19)
    Kai (-1RP)
    Senko (-1RP)
    Terminatrix (-21SP -1RP, -5 move for 1 round)
    Staar (-45SP, -6HP, -1RP, -10 move for 1 round)
    Hef (-25SP, -3RP)

    Exo-Guardians

    Active conditions: Life Bubble?, Bodyguard & In Harm’s Way | Male NG Kasatha Star Shaman Mystic of Kadrical 6 | EAC 20; KAC 21 (starlight?) | F/R/W +4/+4/+11 (+1 or 2 vs. Fear, 5 electricity resistance, +2 vs. Radiation, +4 Toughness) | Init: +2 | Perc: +16, SM: +14 | SP 54 (-0) HP 40 (-0) | RP 9/9 | Speed 30ft, Fly 20 (space only) | Spells 1: 6/6, Spells 2: 4/4, Stargazer 2/2

    Hef steps back and points at the nearest ghost, "We had a truce. You violated it. Kadrical disapproves." A blast of force slams into the incorporeal creature.

    Guarded Step & Magic Missile vs. Red: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8. I also Crit succeeded on my first reflex save so only should have taken 10 damage there.

    Wayfinders

    Male NG human spacefarer operative 5 | SP 40 HP 35 | RP 6 | EAC 21; KAC 23; +4 vs AoO from movement | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +5; +2 vs. spells and spell-like abilities | Init: +7 | Ever Vigilant Darkvision, Perc: +11, SM: +5 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+16), 1d8

    Kai runs to the corner, passing for a second to fire off a shot at blue

    called static arc pistol vs. EAC: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
    electricity: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
    Trick Attack (Ex): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
    3d8 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) = 9

    201 to 250 of 449 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / gameplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.