TOZ's Hrethnar's Throne (Inactive)

Game Master TriOmegaZero

Sign-in, Maps, Handouts


301 to 334 of 334 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"Your nattering questions assume we are allies, churl. If our parley is concluded, I am tempted to side with Faroon. She is a far more pleasing sight than you." A smirk crosses Faroon's lips at Hrethnar's retort.

Elven:
"So like a Pathfinder to lose sight of the goal before crossing the finish line. I look forward to Hrethnar sending you to join your fellow agent in the great beyond."

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

Nectanebo's smile quickly inverts itself, and he folds his arms and shifts his posture toward Faroon as he puts two and two together.

"You," he says simply.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

A trill of laughter escapes Faroon's lips. "And now you see their true nature, Lord Hrethnar. Murderous scum, not worthy of your favor."

The Ulfen shoots her a look of exasperation. "Do not think yourself so above them, Faroon. To captain a ship, you have certainly bloodied your hands as well. You say you can free me of this imprisonment, but are they not as capable as you of such feats?"

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

GM, sorry if I missed something but do we know how Hrethnar can be freed? Any checks?

“Lord Hrethnar, We just arrived here! And we are very capable so if you allow then we can analyze the situation here and try to find out how we can free you! Maybe the elven lady is ready to to join forces with us pathfinders to investigate? Maybe together we come up with a solution!“

diplomacy : 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"So you pledge to free me as well?" Hrethnar stares intently at Toral, waiting expectantly.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Aye...bloodied hands she does have. Dud she mention she tortured and a Pathfinder? We captured a few of her underlings as they tried to ambush our ship. As opposed to her, we showed mercy and restraint. Most of them yet live...

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

Kahwen looks to his companions, plainly pained by the situation.

"I don't know if he deserves eternal torment or death, companions, but I do know that mutiny without good reason is a great evil. I have heard nothing to suggest that he wanted to overthrow Sevenfingers for any reason other than taking power so that he could plunder instead. If we must free him or slay him, or slay these people to leave him where he is then my vote is that we go to the blades," Kahwen voices his opinion, the sailor in him appalled at Hrethnar's crime, ancient though it may be and directed at an individual who no doubt deserved it.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"And what have you heard of Sevenfingers own treacherous heart? He knew full well the truth that dead men tell no tales. If it mutinous to raise your blade against your own murder, then I am proud to plead guilty!"


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Ellismus Aid on Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Hrethnar listens to Ellismus speak, before turning back to Faroon. "You are outnumbered, my dear. It would be best you surrender."

"That'll be the day, my lord. KILL THE PATHFINDERS!" Faroon bellows at her companions. As the troll Roortha bares fangs in a toothy smile, the halfling produces a scroll, reading arcane words of power. A shimmering portal opens beside him as the spell completes.

"I'll not be commiting suicide with you, Captain. Die well." The portal closes around him as he finishes speaking, eliciting a curse from the pirate.

Spoiler:
Mykel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Nectanebo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Kahwen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Toral: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Ellismus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Hrethnar: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2
Faroon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Roortha: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Round 1 Initiative wrote:

18 Kahwen

16 Ellismus
15 Mykel
15 Nectanebo
15 Toral

14 Roortha
10 Faroon
-2 Hrethnar

Party is up!

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

Kahwen is not one to hesitate when it's time for action. And he was expecting a fight, anyway so he rushes ahead. He can't quite get to Farroon but arranges himself in an advantageous position near the troll.

Pleased to finally be facing a target that has parts he can target, even if it's not going to bleed much, he goes to work.

+1 keen elven curve blade: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Slashing plus Sneak Attack: 1d10 + 13 + 4d6 ⇒ (5) + 13 + (4, 2, 1, 6) = 31

Crit with Tengu favored class bonus: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 15 + 4 = 30
Slashing: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

It would be bleeding 4 if that's a hit, but it's probably a troll so it probably regenerates so it will stop the bleeding immediately. I'll impose the -2 to hit and -4 against Kahwen for this round, though.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Mykel darts forward and slashes at the troll, trying to bring it down before it joins the battle.

attack: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 2 = 211d8 + 7 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 7 = 18

He then prepares to fend off any attack either the troll or the elf makes.

p/r: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 401d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 271d8 + 11 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 7 = 23

3/6 panche plus m,y plume remaining...

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Toral walks forward and slumbers the troll.

Will dc 19.

"Sleep well."


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Kahwen and Mykel both strike hard at Roortha, causing her to fall bloody to the floor!

Round 1 Initiative wrote:

18 Kahwen

16 Ellismus
15 Mykel
15 Nectanebo
15 Toral

14 Roortha (Damage: 64, Unconscious)
10 Faroon
-2 Hrethnar

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

woohoo....regain a panache...4/6 plus plume....


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Seeing the troll fall, Ellismus takes advantage of the clear shot to inflict insult to the injury.

Bomb on Faroon: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Scatter: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Unfortunately, he fumbles the throw, the bomb instead landing directly on the troll's fallen form. This does not particularly bother the alchemist, as Toral's abjuration protects Mykel from the flames and the explosion still accomplishes the important part.

Faroon Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Roortha Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Round 1 Initiative wrote:

18 Kahwen

16 Ellismus
15 Mykel
15 Nectanebo
15 Toral

14 Roortha (Damage: 76, Unconscious, Bleed 4)
10 Faroon (Damage: 12)
-2 Hrethnar


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Seeing a single target, Nectanebo tries to stun the pirate and give the advantage to his allies.

Faroon Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Sonic Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Seeing the captain stunned, Hrethnar sighs and raises a hand. "Foolish." Lightning arcs from his hand to the elven woman, crackling across her skin but not felling her.

Lightning Bolt: 7d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 4, 6, 5, 2, 5) = 30
Faroon Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Round 2 Initiative wrote:

18 Kahwen

16 Ellismus
15 Mykel
15 Nectanebo
15 Toral

14 Roortha (Damage: 88, Dead)
10 Faroon (Damage: 35)
-2 Hrethnar

That turned out badly for her. Party is up!

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

Kahwen feels a little bad for the woman and is not at all pleased that Hrethnar can throw lightning bolts from inside his cell. He doesn't feel bad enough for Faroon to give her a chance to recover, though. He steps up to her and slashes twice with his sword, though checks the second swing if she goes down.

+1 keen elven curve blade: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Slashing plus Sneak Attack: 1d10 + 13 + 4d6 ⇒ (6) + 13 + (4, 6, 1, 3) = 33

+1 keen elven curve blade: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Slashing plus Sneak Attack: 1d10 + 13 + 4d6 ⇒ (6) + 13 + (1, 4, 5, 5) = 34

Crit plus Tengu Favored Class: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 4 = 19
Slashing: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

blah blah...bleeding 4, yada yada -2 to attacks/-4 against Kahwen, assuming sneak attack applied.

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Hi GM, I think you missed my post. :-) But I think we are doing well. :-D

Toral moves forward and tries to slumber hex the agressive lady.

DC 19 Will save.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

With one slash, Kahwen separates the elven captains head from her shoulders, the deck pooling crimson around her body. Hrethnar begins to clap slowly. "Well done, well done indeed." Looking down at the carnage, he shakes his head. "What a waste of beauty. But it is done and we should be on our way. I cannot leave the Voracious alone, as the portal will only open for my escort."

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Toral looks flabbergasted.

"You guys are really strong! Lord Hrethnar of course! We are ready!"


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Kahwen finds the lock on the brig door laughably easy to pick after so many ages, the rusting being more of a problem than the mechanisms. As you lead Hrethnar through the portal out of the hold, Yl’nesegva hisses a warning in your minds. "Treachery. I and more shall return." With a moment of focus, the moon beast vanishes from the hold.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

More? Think that thing will bring back reinforcements? Mykel says as he grabs his blade but the beast blinks out of existence a moment ;aster.

We should make haste...


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Walking up topside of the ship, no force of jailers appear to prevent your escape. Hrethnar is able to walk through the waiting portal alongside the party, returning to the gooey machine room. "I can go only as far as my mockery of a throne room. The enchantments binding my mortal self will fail if I depart the spire, allowing the years to finally claim me. I will await your return here and when you are ready, then I shall open the final resting place of Sevenfingers."

Is there anything else you would like to do before returning to the Pixie?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

Kahwen is not exactly pleased with letting Hrethnar free. He doesn't trust the man, after all, but it seems a shame to have killed the woman and then not gone through with it.

He is pleased when he finds that Hrethnar can't get out. At least he'll be stuck here, forever and no threat to anyone else.

"Oh no, I'm never coming back here, again!" he declares and you can almost hear faint, otherwordly laughter at the folly of that belief.

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Toral nods.

“Me neither. This place is awful!!“


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"You are fortunate to be able to leave." Hrethnar laughs a bitter laugh.

Anything from Mykel, Ellismus, or Nectanebo? Chronicles should be up this weekend.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Didn't you say that the last time we we were here? Never say never, my friend... Mykel laughs as ht looks to Hrethnar. I'm sure we'll be back at some point in the future...until then... he says with a nod of his head in a polite salute.

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

"Well, *I'm* game!" Nectanebo chimes in brightly. "Not sure what it is about this place...always something new...or old...or ancient...or outright eldritch." He gives Hrethnar a look of genuine sympathy. "I could always bring back something from the Land of the Living, if you like. A few books? A casque of Arcadian cactus-liquor...?"

Diplomacy, for the heck of it: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"You have done me a great service freeing me of the black ship's demiplane. A good drink would be well served." He gestures to the catatonic woman standing on the staircase. "What of her? One of Faroon's?"

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

There's a whiskey from my homeland that is particularly good...popular amongst the sailors and dockworkers...I'll bring a few casks of that...

As for her...I suppose we can take her back...maybe someone can help snap her out of whatever spell she's under. Oh Kahwen...we should document the layout of this place...in case others come back...don't want them to be unprepared...


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Mykel's comment recalls the commands laid out by the venture captain back on the Grinning Pixie and sets the Pathfinders to mapping the entirety of the floor. (And earning their primary prestige point.)

Venture Captain Calisro Benarry wrote:

“Your primary goal is the same: explore Hrethnar’s Throne. I want every inch of the third level of Old Sevenfingers’s tomb thoroughly mapped and documented.”

“Also, find out how Faroon gained access to the tomb. ... Faroon’s smart—a lot smarter than me— so I’m thinking she’s uncovered a secret way to reach the spires that we don’t know about. I want that information.”

Returning to Old Flotsam, the ride back to the Pixie is uneventful. As the crew helps the woman onboard, Benarry eyes her curiously. "A captive? She don't look all there, eh?" As the words leave the venture captains lips, the woman starts and looks around.

"Where is this? Did that damned elf leave me to rot?"

Benarry is quick to step forward. "Well, if things went as I expect, Faroon has paid for her treachery. My team brought you out of the Gloomspires as best they could." A quick glance to you all for confirmation accompanies the placating gestures.

"Then it seems I owe a debt to you all. I, Ataishya Gloor, formally request an audience to negotiate the details, Captain."

"Granted, with pleasure. Captain Benarry of the Pathfinder Mariner Lodge, at your service. If you'll follow me to the cabin..." Her face sours a bit, recalling the damage done. "...though it is a bit disarrayed at the moment, I have a few things I can think of that you can help us with." With a wink to all of you, the venture captain escorts your new ally inside.

Scenario complete, with full marks!

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Since we're done for now...might you have an extra bottle of wine or two, Captain? I think the boys and I could use a celebratory drink...what say you lot?

gg guys...thanks for running this boss!

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Toral is glad when the group gets back.

"Good that she came back to her senses and give us vital information. But now I need to get back to my business! So companions! Farewell!" Toral says and waves goodbye.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

"Yes... I'd go for a few drinks myself, if ye all don't mind. Cap'n, can we have our pick of your reserve?" ask Ellismus, before reaching for his belt for a vial of clear blue liquid. He then stops for a moment, hesitates, and puts the vial back in its place.

"I'm thinking I will remain small for the moment... this way there will be more wine to go around. In my regular human size, it would take at least three bottles to rosy up my cheeks!"

301 to 334 of 334 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] TOZ's Hrethnar's Throne Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.