TOZ's Hrethnar's Throne (Inactive)

Game Master TriOmegaZero

Sign-in, Maps, Handouts


101 to 150 of 334 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

Nectanebo shrugs at his 'fellow' carrion-bird.

"More for us, right?...Hey, this is good on its own merits...!"

He partakes of the black moss, then descends as carefully as he can.

If the rope is good and knotted, taking '10' for a total of '9' (10 - masterwork breastplate + Strength) should do it, right?


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

As Nectanebo ponders how to join the party safely, Kahwen determines there is no trap on the door. It does however appear to be locked, resisting his first attempt before his second overcomes the arcane magic.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Returning to the Grinning Pixie, Nectanebo finds the venture captain eager to slap two potions of fly into his hands. "We'll settle up just as soon as yer all back safe and sound!"

With the help of the flight magic and the spectre moss, the occultist is able to descend quickly to join the party around the trapdoor.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Beneath the round stone trap door is a large chamber, its floor dozens of feet below. Dominating one end of the chamber is a massive stone throne, nearly twice as tall as an adult human. Numerous narrow passages lead away from the chamber, as does a much larger hall opposite the great throne.

The throne room is 70ft below the trap door.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

"Before we go in, we gotta make sure this trap door doesn't close back to seal us in..." mutters Ellismus, inspecting the hinges and testing them with a minute amount of acid to see if it interacts with the metal.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Ellismus notices no metal on the stone cover nor any connection that could pull it back into place.

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

@GM TOZ: As agreed in standard procedures we will all make sure to notice tracks, traps a d cast detect magic etc. and if there is something then GM you would roll I assume?

Toral walks around the room to see if there is anything of note.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Walking around the bottom of the Oblivion Shaft, Toral sees nothing of note. Looking down into the room seventy feet below, he does notice a powerfully built, golden-haired Ulfen man wearing midnight blue robes, seated on the enormous throne.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Well...looks like we'll have someone to welcome us when we get down there. Ready, gents? I'll go first.... Mykel says as he lowers his rope and proceeds to descend.

last little bit i'll just jump and do an acrobatics roll to speed things up..don't wanna get ambushed climbing down a rope...

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

"Ah, the lid is entirely made of stone. Very well. Let's coil a length of rope around the lid to keep it ajar. Makes a good anchor point for Mykel's rope as well... let's go meet this big Ulfen man down there!"

Ellismus flies in circle around his fellow Pathfinders as they descend the rope.

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

"Looks like someone decided to build up and down instead of across in this section, eh Companions? Do you think that guy's alive? There are a lot of undead in here, you know. I guess there is only one way to find out. I'll be right down," Kahwen speaks quickly, betraying his nervousness. Once everyone else is near the bottom (or flying around) he drops through the hole, once more opening his arms to glide down gently.

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Toral moves forward and looks at the man.

"Hello sir! Hello! How are you? I can feel you! I realy can. My name is Toral. Nice meeting you. Can you help us here? We are a little bit lost." Toral says with voice that cannot be overheard.

Sense motive to see how the man reacts: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

As Mykel leaps off the rope to give the rest of the party more room, he finds himself floating gently down to the floor as if a feather fall spell had been cast upon him.

The Ulfen seems not to hear Toral, his gaze fixed on the long hallway beyond the party. Looking back, you see that it runs long into the distance, much further out than the walls of the spire could conceivably contain.

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Toral also starts to move down the rope.

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

Once everyone is down, Kahwen examines the man on the throne.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

Then, assuming there is nothing more interesting about him or his environs than that he is an ulfen man who seems frozen in place, he begins searching the side corridors, starting with the lowest lefthand one and working his way clockwise so that the looong tunnel will be the last.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19

Disable Device for the first trap or locked door I find: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

To speed things up, and as discussed in discussion, feel free to make any checks/fastforward me until something interesting is found. Cue Exploration Montage!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

Ellismus circles around his fellow Pathfinders as they descend, and makes a pass around the chamber to try to spot any traps:

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Stealth: 2d20 ⇒ (11, 13) = 24

Kahwen notices nothing unusual about the man seated on the throne, but does catch sight of a brass plaque with an inscription in Taldane on it. Before he has much time to read it, two figures move out of the side passages from where they hid. Clad in shreds of garments wrapped around leathery desiccated skin, sludge-filled eye sockets stare at Kahwen and Toral as they move to attack!

Initiative:
Mykel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Nectanebo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Kahwen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Toral: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Ellismus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Initiative Round 1 wrote:

22 Kahwen

21 Green
15 Mykel
13 Toral
11 Ellismus
5 Red
4 Nectanebo

Kahwen wins initiative!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

Knowledge Religion, HA, HR: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 2 + 2 = 37 special attacks, special abilities, resistances, special defenses, immunities

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

Kahwen squawks but his reflexes kick in and he slashes at the lurching undead with the same stroke that draws his sword off his back.

+1 keen elven curve blade: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Slashing plus SA (if it's flat-footed): 1d10 + 13 + 4d6 ⇒ (4) + 13 + (3, 4, 4, 3) = 31

But his strike is too fast and he misses entirely. Then he steps nearer to his fellow Pathfinders.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

In a terrifying burst of speed, the horror snaps its long yellowed teeth at Toral as black sludge spatters from its mouth and limbs.

Bite on Toral: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Bite on Toral: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Claw on Toral: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Claw on Toral: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Bite Damage on Toral: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (6) = 11 Fort save vs Dex Drain.
Claw Damage on Toral: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Claw Damage on Toral: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

As the bite wound festers, Toral feels his muscles stiffen, his movements growing clumsier.

Initiative Round 1 wrote:

22 Kahwen

21 Green
15 Mykel
13 Toral (Damage: 19, 6?Dex Drain)
11 Ellismus

5 Red
4 Nectanebo

Everyone needs to make a Will save against fear, which may effect Ellismus' ability to identify the creature.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

assuming 24 makes it...

Mykel steps forward and lashes out at the creature with his blade.

attack1: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 351d8 + 7 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 7 = 16
attack2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 251d8 + 7 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 7 = 16

He then readies to fend off any attacks he might face.

preparing 2 parry/ripostes...have Combat reflexes...will spoiler them

p/r:
p/r1: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 341d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 401d8 + 11 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 7 = 21
p/r2: 1d2 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 211d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 261d8 + 11 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 7 = 22

Be careful!

crit attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 222d8 + 14 ⇒ (7, 3) + 14 = 24
crit riposte: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 302d8 + 22 ⇒ (8, 7) + 22 = 37


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Fortification, Over 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 67
Fortification, Over 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 96

Mykel cuts into the leathery skin, finding it supernaturally tough! The monster is able to dodge just out of the way of the deadly slice, but the duelist is still able to deal a savage cut.

Initiative Round 1 wrote:

22 Kahwen

21 Green (Damage: 22)
15 Mykel
13 Toral (Damage: 19, 6?Dex Drain)
11 Ellismus

5 Red
4 Nectanebo

No crit, unfortunately.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

Will vs. fear: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 (with a further +5 if poison or disease related; more if drugs and alcohol related...)


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Missed the effect on successful save.

Mykel's and Ellismus' nerves hold strong, although the shiver of fear manages to make the bladesman just miss his target the second time. Ellismus recognizes the denizens of Leng despite their mummified forms. His planar knowledge recalls their outsider nature, although these are clearly now undead. Much of their power has been stripped by the lack of connection to their home plane, while the mummification has granted new powers. Most mummies have a weakness to a particular element as a failsafe against betrayal, marked with a heiroglyph in a hidden location. They likely retain their resistance to spells as well as cold and electricity.

Initiative Round 1 wrote:

22 Kahwen

21 Green (Damage: 11)
15 Mykel (Shaken)
13 Toral (Damage: 19, 6?Dex Drain)
11 Ellismus (Shaken)

5 Red
4 Nectanebo
Undead type and outsider subtype. A Perception and Linguistics check to identify the energy vulnerability can be made. Resist cold and acid 30 along with SR.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
Linguistics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

"Don't use cold, acid or electricity. Either burn them or shout them to death. Or do whatever you guys do."

Precise Explosive Directed Blast - 30' foot cone, excluding Kahwen

Alchemist Bomb vs. Red; ranged touch *DEX mutagen and reduce person and Cat's Grace and Heroism*: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
fire dmg: 4d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 2) + 8 = 17 + catch fire
splash fire dmg if other creatures are in the 30' blast: 4 + 8 = 12

Explosive Bomb: Creatures that take a direct hit from an explosive bomb catch fire, taking 1d6 points of fire damage each round until the fire is extinguished. Extinguishing the flames is a full-round action that requires a DC 21 Reflex save. Rolling on the ground provides the target with a +2 to the save. Dousing the target with at least 2 gallons of water automatically extinguishes the flames.

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

will , heroism : 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 2 = 18

using lessons of Chaldira trait reroll will , heroism : 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 = 22

-

fort , heroism : 1d20 + 2 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 9 = 21

-

knowledge Check religion, heroism : 1d20 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 6 = 27 DR, special defense please.

Toral steps back and casts spiritual hammer!

A shortsword of force attacks the green mummy.

spiritual weapon 1/7 force damage: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 291d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Ellismus spots the hidden hieroglyph and recognizes that the creator of this mummy was very lazy, giving it the standard fire vulnerability. The bomb explodes beautifully, burning merrily as the mummy lashes out at Kahwen, who is luckier than Toral. Will saves from everyone again as the other frightful presence activates!

Bite on Kahwen: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Bite on Kahwen: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Claw on Kahwen: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Claw on Kahwen: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Resisting the fear as best he can, Toral cannot fend off the foul bite, his limbs failing to respond as he expects them to. He recalls that mummies are often bound to the sites they are created in and cannot leave them.

Initiative Round 1/2 wrote:

22 Kahwen (Two Will saves vs fear)

21 Green (Damage: 11)
15 Mykel (Shaken, Will save vs fear)
13 Toral (Damage: 46, Shaken, 6 Dex Drain, Will save vs fear)
11 Ellismus (Shaken, Will save vs fear)
5 Red (Damage: 34, On Fire)
4 Nectanebo (Two Will saves vs fear)

Apologies, forgot the sneak attack damage for Toral. He also needs to roll to overcome SR with the spiritual weapon.

Sneak Attack: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 4, 4, 5, 4) = 27
Burning Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

will, heroism, shaken : 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 - 2 = 20

caster level check spiritual weapon : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

I probably failed at least one of those and none of my usual tricks are going to work on them so, assuming that I can still act...

As fear grips his heart, Kahwen goes on the defensive. Though he lashes out with his blade again, he does so in a way that keeps it in a protective position.

+1 keen elven curve blade (Fighting Defensively): 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 15 - 4 = 29 Slashing: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

Crit? +1 keen elven curve blade (Fighting Defensively) + Favored Class bonus: 1d20 + 15 - 4 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 15 - 4 + 4 = 31 Slashing: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

AC is 29 this turn.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

Will vs. fear number 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

As the presence of the Leng mummies overwhelms the party, they begin to scatter!

Initiative Round 1/2 wrote:

22 Kahwen (Frightened 1/?)

21 Green (Damage: 11)
15 Mykel (Frightened 1/?)
13 Toral (Damage: 46, 6 Dex Drain, Frightened 1/?)
11 Ellismus (Frightened 1/?)
5 Red (Damage: 34, On Fire)
4 Nectanebo (Frightened 1/?)

Cue the Benny Hill music. Nectanebo and Kahwen can take actions to run away. The rest of the party will follow suit in a moment. Source of the fear is red.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

a 24 fails the will save?


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Revised update per correct ruling on frightful presence.

Kahwen feels his nerves desert him under the frightful attacks of the mummies!

Initiative Round 1/2 wrote:

22 Kahwen (Panicked 1/?)

21 Green (Damage: 22)
15 Mykel
13 Toral (Damage: 46, 1 Dex Drain)
11 Ellismus
5 Red (Damage: 34, On Fire)
4 Nectanebo (Two Will saves vs fear)

Kahwen is unable to make his attack and must flee from red and green. If I understand it correctly, the direction is random from the directions that take him away from the danger. Nectanebo has two saves to avoid the same fate.

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

Kahwen seems to double in size as all his feathers stand on end. He can do nothing but gape at the horrors here then flee as quickly as possible.

I'll let you determine which way he runs. I think his only choices are into the bottom hallway on the right, that corner in the bottom right or down the loooong corridor. He has a 40' movement so he can get good and far away from his companions pretty quickly if he goes down the corridor.

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

+2 on the off-chance this somehow counts as a 'curse':
Will save vs fear #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Will save vs fear #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
seems like a good time for a FOLIO REROLL!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 SAFE!

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34 +4 if it can be argued to be a check regarding the Old Cults
Okay...what DIDN'T Ellismus already cover for us? 'Weaknesses' (that haven't already been mentioned), 'feats', and 'magical powers' would all be good.

"Ahhh-ah-a-HA!" Nectanebo stutters as he carefully withdraws from the (admittedly REMARKABLE!) horrors. "Now THIS is a welcoming party!"

"Far be it from me to come empty-handed for the hosts, you know..." He says as he rifles through the seemingly-impenetrable recesses of his coat to pull out what could only be the polished skull of a very young black dragon.

"...I BEAR THE SKULL OF AZRAEL!" He demands, his charming tone suddenly becoming a bellow. "YOU WILL YIELD BEFORE ITS POWER!"

CL vs SR, Elven Magic: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
That ought to do it; command undead versus Reverend Green, DC 18 and at a -2 penalty.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Random Direction, 1 South/2 East: 1d2 ⇒ 2
Green Will: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Kahwen flees into the passageway to the east, finding a long, 10-foot-deep trough carved into the stone floor that runs the length of one wall. Bubbling black sludge fills the trough, but the tengu is too panicked to notice much else, running to the end of the space and trying to calm his rapidly beating heart.

The other mummy turns its head toward Nectanebo, somehow staring without eyes at the dragon skull. A voice like a thousand different creatures speaks. "Bold you are to command a denizen of Leng." It turns towards Toral once more, flexing claws as its impossibly shaped mouth opens again.

Initiative Round 1/2 wrote:

22 Kahwen (Panicked 1/?)

21 Green (Damage: 22, Commanded)
15 Mykel
13 Toral (Damage: 46, 1 Dex Drain)
11 Ellismus

5 Red (Damage: 34, On Fire)
4 Nectanebo (Shaken 1/6)

Let's hope Nectanebo can roll well against it, otherwise Toral might be losing some more Dex! The rest of the party is up.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

Craft Alchemy on the black sludge near Kahwen, HR: 1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 18 + 2 = 21 scheisse... wait... is that it?! :P

"Note the ghoul's use of the word 'denizen' of Leng. Not 'citizen' of Leng. The latter would imply an attempt at building some kind of sustainable civilization... Let me know when you're done chatting with it. For now I'll keep burning the same one until it stops moving."

Regular bomb

Alchemist Bomb vs. Red; ranged touch *DEX mutagen and reduce person and Cat's Grace and Heroism*: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
fire dmg: 4d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 4, 5, 5) + 8 = 28
splash fire dmg if other creatures are in the 5' radius; Ref DC 21 for 1/2 dmg on the splash: 4 + 8 = 12

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

Taken the liberty of recoloring Reverend Green (while leaving its outline) to indicate it now serves...THE VULTURE!

Sensing the being (the one who isn't being snippy) actually do as it's told, Nectanebo allows himself a quick, awed double-take at his own implement (he'd only tried this once before, and it hadn't worked so well that time) before returning his attention to his new "friend".

"YOU WILL NOT HARM MY COMRADES," He instructs, his voice now bearing a faint, creepy resonance it never had before - and almost like a bad ventriloquist's act, it's less than certain where his voice is even coming from: Him...or the little dragon-skull? "HEED ME, AND LIKEWISE NO HARM SHALL COME FROM THEM TO YOU."

Charisma check: 1d20 ⇒ 13 I don't suppose the DM would see fit to grant any bonus for offering a compelling bargain?

Grandmaster TOZ wrote:
A voice like a thousand different creatures speaks. "Bold you are to command a denizen of Leng."

"They embalmed YOU with extra 'salt', didn't they?" Nectanebo retorts to the other mummy as he turns around and points the skull at IT - those who were to look closely would see an eerie glimmer of something-like-light flash within the skull's eye-sockets.

disrupt undead (ranged touch) vs Red Dead Beyond-Redemption, shaken: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
CL vs SR, Elven Magic: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
positive energy damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

The shortsword of force attacks the green mummy again.

spiritual weapon 1/7 force damage: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 181d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

~

Toral concentrates on the green undead and hexes it with misfortune!

He then starts chanting.

Will DC 19. chant as move action to continue the misfortune effect. As I am before Nectanebo in initiative this misfortune would affect also the charisma check of the mummy, right?


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Green Cha: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The mummy hisses, but retracts the yellowed teeth, looming over Mykel but taking no threatening action.

Ellismus' fire continues to burn effectively!

Initiative Round 2 wrote:

22 Kahwen (Panicked 1/?)

21 Green (Damage: 22, Commanded)
15 Mykel
13 Toral (Damage: 46, 1 Dex Drain)

11 Ellismus
5 Red (Damage: 76, On Fire)
4 Nectanebo (Shaken 2/6)

Alright, that ought to free up Mykel to take on the remaining mummy.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Mykel risks the fire and darts to close with the beast.

He lashes out with his blade then prepares to fend off any attack it might make.

attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 301d8 + 7 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 7 = 15

p/r:
p/r1: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 301d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 321d8 + 11 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 7 = 25
p/r2: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 281d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 291d8 + 11 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 7 = 26

move and attack...willing to take the fire damage..prepared 2 parry/ripostes...because of combat reflexes...if it attacks 3 time i can p/r that too...if both ripostes are used, 3 panache spent...3/6 left plus my plume of panache


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Fortification, Over 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 5
On Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Acrobatics to Avoid AoO: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Fortification, Over 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 100

Mykel manages to strike, but the strange anatomy of the denizen thwarts his usual precise skill! Torals spiritual weapon does not manage to land a blow before it leaps at Nectanebo! However, Mykel strikes true as it narrowly fails to avoid his blade, causing the mummy to crumble to dust.

Party Status wrote:

Kahwen (Panicked 2/?)

Green (Damage: 22, Commanded)
Mykel
Toral (Damage: 46, 1 Dex Drain)
Ellismus
Nectanebo (Shaken 2/?)

Combat over!

Now with a chance to explore you all notice the brass plaque and the inscription with the following words in the Common tongue: “Behold, Hrethnar’s throne. Cold and empty, befitting a traitor.” Above this plaque is an empty compartment with a shallow key-shaped storage cavity. As the mummy's spell fades, the Ulfen figure disappears from the throne.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Well...that's over with...thankfully...Kahwen...Kahwenn...where are you? It's all clear... Mykel calls out to the panic stricken tengu. He looks around at the others.

Let's wait a moment...Toral...sit a moment...check your wounds...don't want to get a disease from that...

i have an anitplague if needed...just replace it after...

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

When the fear fades, Kahwen wanders out of the side passage, clearly ashamed of his behavior. "My gravest apologies, Companions. I don't know why I keep coming to this place. I find it exceptionally terrifying. I will do all I can to make up for my failure as we continue to explore this place."

He then returns to the side passage, exploring it carefully and examining the black sludge.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 2 = 29

Once done there, he goes to the other side passage and does the same.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 2 = 21

Then, finally searches the central chamber and around and behind the throne.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 2 = 23

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 2 = 23

If there is no other items of interest in the chambers, he checks out the entrance to the loooong corridor.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 2 = 29

Here's a couple disable checks if he happens to find traps.

Disable Device plus MW Tools: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 16 + 2 = 32

Disable Device plus MW Tools: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 2 = 23


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

As Kahwen examines the side rooms, he sees each trough is filled with a vile bubbling black sludge that reeks of salt water and rotten meat. Though icy to the touch, it does not seem to cause any harm. The western trough contains several submerged bodies that appear to be more denizens of Leng. The eastern trench contains the bodies of a Varisian woman and Keleshite man, their blood spattered corpses bearing the signs of teeth and claw wounds.

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

"Companions...look at this!" Kahwen calls as he investigates.

"We should pull these bodies out, if we can. Maybe it is this stuff that is turning people into those things. We don't want to take the chance of more of them changing before we come back and, anyway, it seems cruel to let someone suffer as an undead," he says when people have gathered.

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Toral uses his wand to heal himself.

clw : 9d8 + 9 ⇒ (3, 3, 1, 3, 2, 8, 6, 6, 7) + 9 = 48

“That was tough!!“ he says and still feels the pain.

I will leave the drain for now.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Makes sense...one moment... Mykel says as he gets out a bar from his haversack and it changes into a hooked pole. He tries to get a grip on the bodies and pull them to the edge.

traveler's anytool...why not?


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Mykel easily pulls the still forms from the sludge. A finely crafted rapier and silver falchion are still clutched in their respective hands. The Keleshite still wears mithral chain.

101 to 150 of 334 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] TOZ's Hrethnar's Throne Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.