TOZ's Hrethnar's Throne (Inactive)

Game Master TriOmegaZero

Sign-in, Maps, Handouts


151 to 200 of 334 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 58/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

"That might be useful," Kahwen says, pointing toward the falchion. "You never know what can be hurt by silver."

He just glances at the other gear before heading for the looong corridor.

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

"Iiiiinteresting!" Nectanebo announces as he looks over Kahwen's find. He turns to their new 'local guide'. "I don't suppose you could tell what all this is for, or by whose hands?"


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"They will become guardians, as I am. The master bade it so."

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Hey...they were part of Faroon's muscle... Mykel points out... from what the captured pirates said anyways...

True...those blades could be useful...I have a silver one already...had to deal with a werewolf...fun times... the Taldan says flatly. He checks the bodies for any clues or information.

typical lootgoblin..lol...maybe we can check for magic?


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

As Toral scans the bodies, his divination determines the armor is enchanted, as well as the woman's backpack. Nectanebo is able to identify them as +1 armor and a handy haversack.

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

"This," Nectanebo handles the mail with expert care and reverence. "Now THIS is armor. I'd be interested in trying it on for myself, but..." He raps his breastplate gently, producing a couple of hollow *tings*. "...let's say I've got a bit of an investment in this."

He turns back to his mummy dearest. "I could take a guess or two, but would you mind sharing with me the name of this 'master'?"


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"You come to his tomb and know not his name?" The mummy rasps out a laugh of derision.

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

"I know the name of the illustrious Captain Sevenfingers, if it's really that simple; I was simply making certain. I've been here before, and never seen your like."


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"We can go nowhere else. We are bound to guard the throne from intruders." The sludge-filled sockets turn towards the gathered Pathfinders meaningfully.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

As Kahwen explores the tunnel ahead, it extends on for hundreds of feet, clearly out of the bounds of the spires outer geometry. At the end of the thousand foot long hall, a set of unlocked double doors leads to a T-intersection.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague
Grandmaster TOZ wrote:
"They will become guardians, as I am. The master bade it so."

"I don't think so," replies Ellismus. Waiting for his pilfering friends to complete their tombraiding rituals, the alchemist requests that the bodies be lined up side by side. Then, uttering a quick prayer to the gods, and upon getting the affirmatory nod from each adventurer, he lights the funeral pyre with a practiced alchemist's fire toss.

He then joins Kahwen and the others in their search down the hall, his wings tucked in again, and walking once more.

Perception to Aid Kahwen's Perceptions: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19

Disable Device to Aid Kahwen's DDs: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun
Grandmaster TOZ wrote:
"We can go nowhere else. We are bound to guard the throne from intruders." The sludge-filled sockets turn towards the gathered Pathfinders meaningfully.

"Damn," Says Nectanebo matter-of-factly, then gives an affable shrug (shrugging being a singularly impressive affair with a coat like his). "Well, at least we'll know where to find you if we need you!"

"Let the watchwords be 'antiquity' if I seek only your knowledge or skills of peace, 'necropolis' if I return with immediate need of an illusion, or 'Tian finger-trap' if I am luring to you a foe I wish your aid with."

Ellismus the Blue wrote:
Grandmaster TOZ wrote:
"They will become guardians, as I am. The master bade it so."
"I don't think so," replies Ellismus. Waiting for his pilfering friends to complete their tombraiding rituals, the alchemist requests that the bodies be lined up side by side. Then, uttering a quick prayer to the gods, and upon getting the affirmatory nod from each adventurer, he lights the funeral pyre with a practiced alchemist's fire toss.

"Good idea, but one moment!" Nectanebo interjects. He stands before the assembled bodies, and as he does so, the shredded tails of his coat seem to begin dancing on a breeze that should not be down here, waving in a manner reminiscent of beckoning fingers.

"AHOY, lads! Before you shove off to Fiddler's Green or the Seawraith or wherever else your next port-o'-call may be, I offer you one last chance at ADVENTURE! Any takers?"

With that, one of the bodies explodes anticlimactically as its skeleton wrenches itself free of the confines of pickled flesh and leaps before Nectanebo with a naval salute!

1 Focus spent from the Skull of Azrael to create a Necromantic Servant. Its statistic are as above, save that it has 13 hit points, a BAB of +4, and a +3 bonus to all damage rolls. It will last 1 hour at most.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"Or perhaps you will meet the master and return not at all." The mummy rasps out a hollow laugh before returning to its watch.

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 58/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

Kahwen does a quick scout to the left. "They never expect you go go left, first," he says, conspiratorially to his fellow Pathfinders.

When he spots the stairs, he heads back the other direction to the bend in the tunnel. "Then again, better to clear this level before we head to the next, right Companions?" he says, before heading around the curve.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

A side passage widens into a dead end flanked by two alcoves. Carved into the wall of the western alcove is a bas-relief of a humanoid face with bulging eyes, two small holes for a nose, and a wide mouth filled with roiling black and violet mist. Hovering a few feet from the floor in the eastern alcove is a two-foot diameter black sphere, its glass-like surface reflecting a vast cityscape of ruined buildings beneath a dark, alien sky.

Standing before the carving in the wall is a woman matching the description given by the pirates of the Chelish ally of Faroon. Dressed in robes and wearing the unholy symbol of Asmodeus, she stares blankly at the wall, unmoving.

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 58/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

Kahwen stops short as he comes around the corner and finds himself much nearer to danger than he might have expected. He narrowly avoids squawking his surprise.

He also narrowly suppresses the urge to poke her with his sword to see if she'll snap out of it.

He takes a quick look to try to determine the nature of the danger before heading back to the others.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

"I think I found that Faroon lady, Companions. The good news is, she didn't get very far. The bad news is, it's because she's triggered some sort of trap. I think a magical person is going to have to figure it out. It looks like it has mesmerized her or something," he explains.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

"I'm no 'magical person', b@+#%$~s to that, but I'll give it a shot with science anyhow... may I step past you Kahwen?" asks the grumpy alchemist, taking a extract out of his belt and slamming it back like a shot of whiskey.

The old man's eyes begin to glow blue, and he steps around the corner to take a look at the lady and the black sphere.

@GM: Casting arcane sight, which does a bunch of cool stuff, hence the link to the spell for ease of reference. I've put a bunch of spellcraft rolls below, in case you need them. Not sure if the spell has a typo as it doesn't call for Knowledge Arcana like detect magic does, but if you also need a few of those I've provided another spoiler below. Ellismus will also concentrate on the lady to determine spellcasting capacity as per the spell's description.

Spellcraft Checks, HR:
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 18 + 2 = 23
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 2 = 32
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 18 + 2 = 34
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 18 + 2 = 40
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 2 = 35
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 18 + 2 = 30
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 18 + 2 = 25
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 18 + 2 = 24
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 18 + 2 = 29
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 2 = 31
1d20 + 18 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 18 + 2 = 21

Knowledge Arcana Checks, HR, HA:
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 40
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 34
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 25
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 30
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 28
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 42
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 41
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 35
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 35
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 31
1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 2 + 2 = 33

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

A magical trap? Oh how lovely... Mykel says sarcastically as he joins Kahwen and watches the woman.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Ellismus detects a strong aura of divination from the sphere, but little else. Focusing on the woman, he detects no ability to cast spells at all. Kahwen sees no discernable traps but notices that the woman does not react to the arrival of the Pathfinders, not even seeming to hear the discussion.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

@GM: any gear glowing magically? i.e. is it just her mind gone or is everything about her completely 'blank' in the magic spectrum, like she's just a fake mannequin or hollow nonmagical hologram?

"By the gods, guys, she's a blank slate! no magical auras on the lady... I'm getting a STRONG divination glow from the sphere though, so I'm not sure what's going on here..."

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 58/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

"Maybe if we pull her away?" Kahwen offers.

"Friend Nectanebo, would you mind having your...um...friend...try to move her from in the alcove?" he suggests, looking at the newly created skeleton.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

During his inspection, Ellismus inched closer and closer to the woman to try to find if a trap was involved and finally, just to see if she had a damn pulse.

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
Heal: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (2) + 19 = 21

Upon hearing Kahwen's suggestion, he adds, "Worth a try I guess..." before taking a step back for the undead to reach the woman.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Ellismus:
As you examine her closer, her condition recalls the effects of a feeblemind spell, but to an even worse extent. All mental scores equal to 1. She appears to be physically whole, but entirely unable to function independently.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

"By the GODS!!!! she's completely catatonic! this woman's mind has been enfeebled to such an extent that she is literally frozen standing in her last conscious position, just able to breathe and pump blood throughout her body! Regardless of her shady past, we must accommodate her into a comfortable resting position so as to avoid any long-term muscle or bone damage... help me lads... I'm the size of a bloody halfling right now..."


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

As Ellismus jostles her in his excitement, the woman staggers, taking a step to prevent falling over.

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

Nectanebo's aforementioned skeleton 'matey' moves forward to escort the humanoid sea anemone...somewhere.

"Well THAT'S scary," Nectanebo remarks when he hears Ellismus's diagnosis. "Better her than us, right?!? Nice of her to do us a favor, I suppose, but after all I've seen of Cheliax, I only have so many tears to shed for Asmodeans. Question is, what do we do with what's left of her...?"

He casts a sidelong glance at the remarkable sphere; tempted as he is to do otherwise, he approaches no closer...a cursed Crystal Ball, perhaps? Or perhaps one that worked TOO WELL....

Spellcraft to identify magic item, Elven Magic, Sovyrian Pantheist: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34

@DM: If I'd need to come closer to it to try this, I won't.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

As the skeletal servant takes her hand, she follows behind seemingly reflexively. Nectanebo likewise has never seen such an orb, finding it utterly alien.

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

"Amazing," Nectanebo breathes simply. "It's full of Beyond-the-Stars...."


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Leaving behind the strange artifacts, the party finds the stairs lead down to a large, oddly shaped chamber with a high ceiling and a floor completely covered with a thin layer of oily green goo. An enormous machine squats in the northeastern corner, leaking the strange green goo. The machine resembles a massive rotting tangle of fleshy, metal banded tentacles of green and mauve flesh studded with strange blinking gauges, crystal levers, and crackling metal wires. The undulating mass constantly emits a bizarre chorus of high-pitched wails, hooting whistles, and low throaty growls.

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

Nectanebo's jaw drops in shock and wonder - Elven eyes aren't known for 'bugging out', but his may be coming close.

"HA! Now THIS...THIS sort of thing is why I keep coming back here! Show me your secrets, Gloomspires...!"

He tentatively edges closer to the machine-of-non-mineral-kingdom in order to study it...

Knowledge (Engineering)...?: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

As Nectanebo hesitantly steps into the room, he finds the green goo covers the floor in three inches of the slippy slime. While it does not seem to damage his footwear, it does make moving noticeably difficult. Looking over the chaotic machine from afar, there is little that makes sense in its wild mess of fleshy tendrils.

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 58/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

"THIS is the sort of thing that makes me wonder why I keep coming back here!" Kahwen counters, eyeing the disturbing machine and, even more, the green goo on the floor with displeasure. That stuff is definitely going to slow him down. But there is no way out that he can see and he's here to explore and maybe the machine controls an exit.

With sword drawn, he carefully approaches closer to the device while his gaze darts about abruptly from one spot to the next, looking for danger.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 2 = 34

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

If it's a machine, it might be hard to get thtough its skin... the swashbuckler says as he grips his adamantine blade tighter. He walks up beside Kahwen. What does your trained eyes see?


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Kahwen sees little else in the chamber, no other exits nor any dangers lurking in the shallow goo. The bizarre machine continues to grumble and hoot, showing no reaction to the approaching party.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

"Let's see what magicks this contraption's made of..."

The old man's blue-glowing eyes begin to analyze the machine.

arcane sight

See spoilers in this post if dice rolls are required

Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Craft Alchemy on the goo: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

The roiling mess of auras surrounding the machine gives Ellismus a headache, but he is able to determine an overwhelming aura of conjuration magic at the heart of it. Although hard to pick out, there also exists some transmutation auras as well. The goo appears to be some form of lubricant for the fleshy structure of the machine.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

"Careful guys: this stuff on the ground is slippery... meant to lubricate the machine. Might be good to make your armors less squeaky if you rub it into the joints..."

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

Nectanebo purses his lips in consideration of Ellismus's suggestion. "I've heard worse ideas," He says, and gives a snap of his fingers for his skeletal flunky, which begins dipping its metacarpals in the ooze and carefully applying it to Nectanebo's breastplate.

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 58/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

Kahwen carefully and warily approaches the machine. Assuming he isn't attacked by it (or something else) he examines it closely then tries to figure out if he can either repair it or completely deactivate it.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 2 = 27

Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 2 = 28

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

Seeing Kahwen venture forth, Nectanebo moves in to join him.

Does getting any closer help my Knowledge check above? What else could I try?

I can auto-aid Kahwen's Disable Device roll (assuming that's doable - if ever there were a skill to which "too many cooks spoil the broth" applied...).


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Initiative:
Mykel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Nectanebo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Kahwen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Toral: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Ellismus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Skeleton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Red: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16
Green: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11

As Kahwen approaches the machine, a keening sounds out, while smoldering masses of metal encrusted goo belch forth from the machine, forming sharp edged blades as they surge towards the party! The intense heat of the blobs singes Kahwen and Nectanebo, as well as his skeletal servant!

Kahwen Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Nectanebo Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Skeleton Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Round 1 Initiative wrote:

26 Mykel

25 Kahwen (Damage: 3)
16 Toral

16 Red
12 Nectanebo (Damage: 2)
11 Green
8 Skeleton (Damage: 6)
7 Ellismus

Bold are up! Knowledge Dungeoneering, naturally.

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 58/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

"RAWK!" Kahwen exclaims as he's surprised by the abrupt appearance of enemies.

He draws his sword and slashes at the green hued one with his sword then steps back so that he's not quite so engulfed by the two creatures.

+1 keen elven curve blade: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Slashing plus SA: 1d10 + 13 + 4d6 ⇒ (3) + 13 + (1, 5, 1, 2) = 25

As usual if that's a hit and the sneak attack applies, it's bleeding 1 and gets a -2 to attacks and a total of -4 against Kahwen this turn.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Kahwen is dismayed to see only molten metal spurt from the slash of his blade. Even worse, it sticks to the metal, forcing him to pull it free! Reflex save needed.

Round 1 Initiative wrote:

26 Mykel

25 Kahwen (Damage: 3)
16 Toral
16 Red
12 Nectanebo (Damage: 2)
11 Green (Damage: 16)
8 Skeleton (Damage: 6)
7 Ellismus

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Well, that was unexpected... Mykel says as he steps forward and lashes out with his adamantine falcata. He prepares to fend off the blob's attacks.

attack 1, adamantine: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 341d8 + 7 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 7 = 19
attack 2, adamantine: 1d2 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 131d8 + 7 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 7 = 16
p/r1: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 281d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 211d8 + 11 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 7 = 19
p/r 2: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 291d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 301d8 + 11 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 7 = 23
prepared 2 p/r if attacked more than once..combat reflexes...second +7 is precision if they are immune to it..they likely are...

crit?: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 202d8 + 14 ⇒ (1, 8) + 14 = 23


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Like Kahwen, Mykel finds out his precision means nothing to the roiling mass of metal goo, while his own blade sticks to the blob. Reflex save needed.

Round 1 Initiative wrote:

26 Mykel

25 Kahwen (Damage: 3)
16 Toral
16 Red (Damage: 12)
12 Nectanebo (Damage: 2)
11 Green (Damage: 16)
8 Skeleton (Damage: 6)
7 Ellismus

Grand Lodge

Botting protocols active.

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Having no idea what the blobs are and not being able to reach Kahwen, Toral moves to Mykel and grants him fire resistance.

Also forgot to mention the environmental hazards. It costs 2 squares of movement to enter a square covered by the goo, and the DC of Acrobatics checks there increases by 5. A DC 15 Acrobatics check is required to run or charge across the green goo


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Slag Blades: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Slag Blade on Mykel: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Slag Blade on Mykel: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Slag Blade on Mykel: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Damage to Mykel: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Mykel fails to parry the first blade, but manages to block the second. His return strike is not able to land however. It turns out that Toral's protection was prescient, as the intense heat wafts off of the swashbuckler in sickening waves.

Round 1 Initiative wrote:

26 Mykel (Damage: 7)

25 Kahwen (Damage: 3)
16 Toral
16 Red (Damage: 12)
12 Nectanebo (Damage: 2)
11 Green (Damage: 16)
8 Skeleton (Damage: 6)
7 Ellismus

Nectanebo is up, moved Kahwen back to the danger zone due to difficult terrain.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16is my falcata fine?


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Mykel sees the superheated metal of the blob start to cause his falcata to glow red, but not quite enough to damage it.

2d6 fire on a failed save, ignoring 5 points of hardness. Adamantine is thankfully stronger than the heat.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

whew!

1 to 50 of 334 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] TOZ's Hrethnar's Throne Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.