TOZ's Hrethnar's Throne (Inactive)

Game Master TriOmegaZero

Sign-in, Maps, Handouts


1 to 50 of 334 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Opening for dot and delete.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

“Hear that, my friends? The winds here howl like no others on Golarion. It’s a sound that haunts my dreams. We’ve arrived.” Calisro Benarry, Pathfinder venture-captain and master of the Grinning Pixie, smiles grimly and gestures for everyone present to take a seat at her captain’s table. As the Grinning Pixie lurches back and forth amid the storm-tossed waves, Captain Benarry happily produces a silver chalice, pours herself a drink from a clay jug of Sargavan spiced rum, and passes the jug around the table. Benarry’s smile fades as she looks through a nearby porthole. The skies beyond the aperture are a roiling black and gray, scarred by frequent streaks of lightning that spread across the sky like the web of some massive demonic spider.

Benarry takes a long swallow of rum and clears her throat. “Well, most of you probably know where we are and why we’re here, but for the uninitiated, let me be the first to welcome you to the Gloomspires. We’re in the middle of nowhere—half-way between Tempest Cay and the southern tip of Mediogalti Island. We’re also practically hugging the Eye of Abendego, which is why the weather’s so inviting.”

The captain pauses to drain the rest of her chalice. She then peers inside the empty cup and her face twists into a disappointed frown. A moment later, after a particularly bright flash of lightning illuminates the cabin, she recovers her focus. “Right, then, the Gloomspires. I’ve spent half my life studying these mystical stone spires and in recent years I’ve sponsored several Pathfinder expeditions to unravel the secrets of the most ill-famed of the lot: the spire containing Old Sevenfingers’s tomb. We’ve been successful for the most part—though the tomb has claimed more than a few Pathfinders. To date, we’ve explored and mapped the upper two levels of the tomb and we’ve uncovered an impressive array of treasures and secrets. Secrets belonging not only to Old Sevenfingers but also to the enigmatic race that raised the spires when the world was young.”

“So, now we’re back. This time our focus is the third level of the tomb, a place known as Hrethnar’s Throne. Hrethnar Olvaradsson was a pirate from the Land of the Linnorm Kings who made a name for himself three centuries ago raiding ships and settlements along Broken Bay and the Ironbound Islands. He eventually made his way south to the Shackles and fell in with Sempet Sevenfingers. He served as Old Sevenfingers’s first mate and chief advisor for many years until the two had a violent falling-out. Legend has it that Hrethnar grew greedy and hungry for power and tried to lead a mutiny against his master—a mutiny that failed miserably. In retaliation, Sevenfingers had Hrethnar entombed alive on a special dungeon level he mockingly named Hrethnar’s Throne.”

“Our mission is to explore and map the third level of the tomb and pull as many secrets and as much loot from the place as we can. I’m particularly interested to know about Hrethnar’s fate.”

Benarry settles back into her seat. “Okay, then. That’s the shape of things. Does anyone have any ––.”

A loud crash fills the cabin as the Grinning Pixie’s starboard hull suddenly explodes inward, filling the cabin with wooden shrapnel. A massive ballista bolt lodged in the Grinning Pixie’s hull has split the heavy oak captain’s table in half.

“We’re under attack!” cries Benarry as she rushes for the door. “Prepare to repel boarders!” Benarry leads the party onto the deck and finds a scene of mayhem. The Pixie's crew are split between fighting to control the blaze burning bright in the main sail and sterncastle and fending off the boarding parties laying gangplanks across the gap between the Pixie and the attacking ship.

"You take the rear, we will cover the front!" She then dashes off towards the front of the ship and the crew fighting there. Across the rear plank is a group of humans lead by what appears to be a hobgoblin.

Initiative:

Mykel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Nectanebo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Kahwen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Toral: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Ellismus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Golgotak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Red: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Yellow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Green: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Purple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Orange: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Galvos: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

The Pathfinders are able to leap to action before the boarding party can begin to cross the gangplank!

Round 1 Initiative wrote:

26 Kahwen

25 Ellismus
22 Mykel

22 Blue
16 Orange
15 Green
13 Purple
10 Nectanebo
10 Toral
8 Red
6 Yellow
5 Black

Bold are up! Daily buffs can be in effect but no surprise actions or buffs. The forward gangplank is blocked by Raiding Party Not-Your-Problem.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

Back in the boat: extract of Amplify Elixir followed by Endure Elements potion (48 hours duration) followed by Alchemical Allocation extract followed by Ablative Barrier potion - spitting it back into the vial - and using Enhance Potion discovery (16 hours duration)

Ellismus grunts in pain while rushing outside to follow the others, his left knee protesting the sudden switch from resting position within the Captain's cabin. As soon as he sees the enemy sailors prepare for boarding, he grabs two vials at his belt, slamming a small one within a much larger one, the resulting concoction a yellowish green mixture of dubious nature. He chucks the mixture overhead, aiming for the hobgoblin leader.

Alchemist Bomb; Stink Bomb 10' radius; ranged touch, PBS, TA: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 vs. Touch AC
dmg: 4d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 3) + 8 = 18 fire damage (no save) + FORT DC 21 save to avoid being nauseated for 1 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ 1 + (2) + 1 = 4 rounds.
Splash dmg on other enemies: 4 + 8 = 12 fire damage REF DC 21 save for 1/2 dmg and FORT DC 21 to avoid being nauseated for 1 + 1d4 + 1 ⇒ 1 + (2) + 1 = 4 rounds.

Inside the Stinking Cloud:
The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).

Nauseated:
Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Another trip to the Gloomspires for us, Kahwen...another chance for glory and tales to tell the lasses at the tavern... Mykel says as he takes a pull of ale. When the ballista bolt hits, he springs to his feet, hand going to his blade without a thought.

On it.. he tells the captain as he faces the aspiring pirates.

Come...I'll send you to the depths one at a time or as a bunch...your call.. he says as he lashes out with his blade at the central of the three in front of him. He then drops into a stance to fend off any attacks made.

attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 211d8 + 7 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 7 = 17
parry/riposte: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 221d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 191d8 + 7 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 7 = 17i assume sneak attack doesn't apply...if so add 1d6 to my first attack...and will use menacing swordplay if i hit.
intimidate: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

i also have combat reflexes so i can fend off more attacks of needed...

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

forgot to add +4 to the parry/riposte's numbers...so +4 on both hits and +4 damage...sorry///first time using it...

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

What you know based on the time to get here together ...

Toral is a Dwarf from a Kelish merchant family. He always felt the pull of the heavens and stars.

Toral embraces the lessons of the past as the heavens have watched over this world since the beginning of time.

He is a stoic negotiator but has an empathic approach. He is very perceptive and understands people's motives which is very important as a merchant.

He typically walks around in his full plate and during battle tries not to attack but use spells and hexes instead.

Toral's family has deep roots in the Exchange faction of the Pathfinder Society.

* * *

Earlier ...

"We are to do this mission together in these Gloomspires and loot a throne room??! Hmm ... first I thought this is again one of these missions! I thought that the Exchange again forgot that I have a business to run! A business! The only reason for dragging my body to these Pathfinder events is the good pay ... and obviously the contacts and relationships ... but a possibility to gain treasure for the society is worth it I think!" he says with a sly smile on his face.

"This means we need to act! Trust is the basis of my business relationships and I don't want anybody to have doubt in each other! We will do this together!!" he says with determination in his voice.

"Well, I should talk less and work harder to get back to my enterprise ASAP!"

He looks at the other Pathfinders.

"Let us find out how we can aid the Gloomblade investigation!"

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

As he meets each Pathfinder, Kahwen gives a bow, his right hand on his chest, his left extended from his side and parallel to the ground.

"Friend, Mykel!" he says when he sees the man again.

"I'm sure we'll have as much success as last time," he continues, dubiously. It is plain that the tengu gets more and more nervous the closer they get to the Gloomspires and he throws himself into work.

In fact, he spends most of his time on the ship helping to sail the ship.

During the briefing he takes a deep drink of the rum and is on his feet almost before the ballista bolt lands. He barely lingers long enough for Benarry's commands before rushing up on deck.

He barely pauses when he gets there, running up to the rail, then along it, drawing the elven curve blade from his back, before leaping from the Grinning Pixie onto the enemy ship.

He has a +23 Acrobatics modifier so he should be able to autopass that jump check, but I'll roll if you like.

As he lands, he slashes at one of the potential boarders on the outskirts of the pack.

+1 keen elven curve blade: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Slashing plus Sneak Attack: 1d10 + 13 + 4d6 ⇒ (9) + 13 + (1, 1, 3, 4) = 31

Crit? plus Tengu favored class bonus: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 4 = 31
Slashing: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Kahwen has the Scout Archetype so, at this level, any time he moves at least 10' he does Sneak Attack damage.

If that sneak attack was successful, his target is also bleeding 4 and I'm using the Disoriented Debilitating injury on him which gives him a -2 to hit in general and a -4 to hit Kahwen in particular.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Saves:
Blue: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Orange: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Blue: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Purple: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Red: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Yellow: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Black: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Purple Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Miss Chance Over 20, Red: 1d100 ⇒ 40
Miss Chance Over 20, Green: 1d100 ⇒ 10
Green Attack on Mykel: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Miss Chance Over 20, Blue: 1d100 ⇒ 14

Ellismus sees the bomb burst directly over the lead hobgoblin, but the fire washes off without effect before the cloud obscures the enemy deck from sight. A chorus of coughs and chokes rings out from the cloud as Kahwen and Mykel charge in. Kahwen's curved blade lops off the head of his foe, while Mykel misses thanks to a sudden doubling over of his target, wretching his guts out. One of the pirates manages to return a swing at Mykel, who easily parries, but the riposte stabs through only mist.

Round 1 Initiative wrote:


25 Ellismus
24 Kahwen
22 Mykel
22 Blue
16 Orange
15 Green
13 Purple (Damage: 12)
10 Nectanebo
10 Toral

6 Yellow
5 Black

Remaining party members are up!

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Toral moves forward and slumber hexes the pirate in the blue shirt.

dc 19 will save or asleep 7 rounds

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

book of puzzles Intelligence check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Would an "hour/level" power at CL 6th count well enough as a "daily buff"?

IF so:
false life: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

A slight, incongruously-dry chill in the air heralds the arrival from below deck of a tawny-skinned Elf with deep lavender eyes and long silver hair; he wears a long overcoat the color of tarnished silver that makes him look a bit like a wraith despite his toned physique, and a massive, beautiful jeweled sword rests across his back - he currently has a frustrated look on his face as he finishes tucking away one of those big books of brain-teasers that get published out of who-knows-where from time to time, but recovers and strikes a somewhat dashing pose as he stands against the gloom and spray.

"Gloomspires! We meet again!" He declares as if in general challenge less to the pirates and more to the place itself.

"I see you've seen fit to extend us a proper greeting this time," He continues almost as though the giant stone columns are his only peer present. He then flourishes his latest acquisition - a stout, baroque scepter made from red gold and decorated liberally with gems in byzantine fractal patterns. Its edges shimmer and crackle with energy that stands out like a beacon in the gloom.

"Forgive me for not formally announcing my return - hear it NOW!"

Where the head of the scepter points, there is an abrupt raucous thunderclap!

sound burst, DC 18, Intense Focus, targeted to catch as many of the enemy as possible (hopefully all of them): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Saves:

Slumber: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Sound Burst: 3d20 ⇒ (5, 6, 16) = 27

The burst of sound rings the ears of the nauseated pirates before the right most one collapses to the deck, letting out vomit covered snores.

Before Nectanbo has a chance to congratulate Toral on the effectiveness of his power, a mass of eels boils up out of the hold below, directly behind him and Ellismus. Forming into a vaguely humanoid shape, it lashes out at the alchemist!

Bite on Ellismus: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Thankfully, the old man is not caught unawares, narrowly avoiding the many bites! Unfortunately, as the disgusting smoke clears, the Pathfinders see that the pirates have scattered! The hobgoblin leader appears to have dived into the ships rowboat in a futile attempt to hide. DC19 to notice, modified for distance.

Round 2 Initiative wrote:


25 Ellismus
24 Kahwen
22 Mykel

22 Blue (Damage: 8, Stunned, Unconscious 1/6)
16 Orange (Nauseated 1/?)
15 Green (Damage: 8, Stunned, Nauseated 1/?)
13 Purple (Damage: 12, Nauseated 1/?)
10 Nectanebo
10 Toral
7 White
6 Yellow (Nauseated 1/?)
5 Black (Nauseated 1/?)

Top of the round!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

Perception to notice hiding leader: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

"The hobgob's hiding in the boat..." relays the alchemist to the rest of the group, about to do something about it with a bomb, just before turning and seeing the monstrosity behind him, narrowly dodging the nasty dripping eels!!

The old man jumps backwards to put distance between himself and the thing, grabbing a blue bomb at his belt. "AAARGH! WE GOT A LIVE ONE HERE, GENTS! HEEEELP!" calls Ellismus, and adding under his breath, "...water freezes in the absence of heat, though... let's see how you'll do with this, sea monster..."

Ellismus carefully lobs the blue bomb at the creature, making sure none of its content get on Nectanebo. Perhaps too careful and hesitant with the throw, the bomb slips out of his fingers at the last minute, spinning with a weird, slow and chaotic wobble which could easily be avoided but by the most clumsy and languid of creatures...

Alchemist Bomb; Precise Frost Bomb 5' radius; ranged touch, PBS, TA, throwing into melee: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 4 = 12 vs. Touch AC
dmg: 4d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 5) + 8 = 17 cold damage (no save) + FORT DC 21 save to avoid being staggered for 1 round.
Splash dmg on other enemies, if invisibles are present, or target if direct hit is a miss; Precise Bomb excludes friendly creatures: 4 + 8 = 12 cold damage REF DC 21 save for 1/2 dmg.

If direct hit is a miss, direction of the landing square: 1d8 ⇒ 7
Splash Weapon Mastery: When you miss with a splash weapon, you may adjust the miss direction on the grid by +1 or –1 --> current miss landing is fine; not changing it in this case - map updated with frost bomb templates.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

AoO Slam on Ellismus: 1d20 ⇒ 11
AoO Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 12 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 12 + (4, 3) = 28
Reflex Save: 1d20 ⇒ 2

The eels lash out with a writhing mass that reaches farther than Ellismus might have expected, slamming into the alchemist as he throws the bomb. It writhes away from the explosive, not enough to avoid the blast but enough to avoid the direct bone-chilling cold. Electricity leaps from the eels to Ellismus as well as they make contact, jolting his nervous system. 21 physical and 7 electricity, 5 converted to non-lethal. The eels take full splash damage. Knowledge Arcana is the skill to roll for information.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

"ZZzzzwarriorszzzz... t-t-to armszzz zzzzz zz! HEEEELP! I'm an alch-k-k-k-kemissst... n-not a magician!!!"

HP 51/67; Nonlethal dmg: 5; Ablative Barrier: 35/40 -- "Shields holding at 88%, Captain. Minor hull damage on deck 5. Casualties are being reported on decks 5, 1... and decks 6 and 7 as well Sir!"

Electrified Arcana: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36 In this order: special attacks, special abilities, resistances, immunities, weaknesses, AC, Feats, saves

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

Kahwen looks back and forth from one ship to the other, trying to decide whether he should chase the hobgoblin or cross back over to deal with the eels.

He decides that the rest of the team can deal with the creature back on the other ship but they'll have a hard time getting onto this ship so he stays where he is...or stays on the ship he's on...he rarely stays where he is.

The tengu chases the hobgoblin but pauses to cut down one of the other sailors.

+1 keen elven curve blade: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Slashing: 1d10 + 13 + 4d6 ⇒ (8) + 13 + (5, 2, 4, 6) = 38

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

I've got these fools...Kahwen, go after the hobgoblin...I'm going to help Ellismus... Mykel says as he leaves the gagging pirates to focus on the eel. He then prepares to fend off any attack from the eel.

attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 271d8 + 7 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 7 = 15

parry/riposte: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 311d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 341d8 + 11 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 7 = 22


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Slam AoO on Mykel: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Kahwen cuts down the man from behind as he hangs his head over the railing, the torrent of vomit being joined by a torrent of blood. Mykel manages to deflect the heavy club of eel bodies that swings his way and stab into the midst of them. While he skewers a few, his devastating preciseness appears to be ineffective. He does notice that the blast of the bomb was even more effective on it than the pirates.

The pirate by the stairs fumbles at his waist for a flask, but is too nauseated to do anything with it.

Ellismus:
You recognize the swarming eels to be a galvos, an aquatic magical beast that hunts as one entity, sharing a hive mind. Thus, while they are swarmlike in that they have no single point of failure, or even a front or back to flank, they possess a hive mind that can be effected. Magical beast with aquatic subtype, swarm traits, hive mind.

Round 2 Initiative wrote:


25 Ellismus (Damage: 23, 5NL)
24 Kahwen
22 Mykel
22 Blue (Damage: 8, Unconscious 2/6)
16 Orange (Nauseated 2/?)
15 Green (Damage: 8, Nauseated 2/?)
10 Nectanebo
10 Toral

7 White (Damage: 18)
6 Yellow (Nauseated 2/?)
5 Black (Nauseated 2/?)

Nectanebo and Toral are up!

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

forgot to mention the falcata is adamantine, if that helps...my bad


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Immune to crits and precision damage.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

"ZZze eels... zzzthey are a w-w-walking zzssswarm... accccid or alch-k-k-kemist'ssszz fire! fireballzzzzzz if ye hav'em!!"

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

ok...so the second +7 from my hits is precision damage...just for clarification...so i deal 1d8+7 now...+4 more for a parry/riposte

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Toral slumber hexes the pirate in the green shirt.

dc 19 will save or asleep 7 rounds

He then moves back.

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

"OUR HOVERCRAFT IS FULL OF EELS!" Nectanebo exClaims as the emergent swarm takes him by surprise.

Well, at least swarms don't (NORMALLY) provoke, so...

"Gents, Cap'n," He finally acknowledges present company with a blitz but polite nod before backing away, drawing his magnificent sword as he does so, and taking a moment to concentrate upon it so intensely that time appears to slow down all around him....

Spending 1 Focus from the Guidingstar to empower myself with Quickness (i.e. 1-person haste-plus).


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

AoO Trip: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Will Save: 1d20 ⇒ 6

The galvos reaches out to stop Nectanebo from fleeing, but his alacrity allows him to step just out of the way in time! Toral puts another of the guards to sleep as the galvos advances, lashing out at Ellismus before taking a bite at Mykel.

Slam on Ellismus: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Slam Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 12 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 12 + (5, 6) = 27
Slam on Ellismus: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Slam Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 12 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 12 + (3, 5) = 25
Bite on Mykel: 1d20 ⇒ 10

The slams devastate the alchemist as Mykel is able to deflect the many snapping mouths of the eels and return a wicked slash! As Ellismus falls to the deck, the other remaining pirate draws for a flash, dropping it into his sleeping companions square. The burst of alchemist fire rushes over all three, waking the two sleeping foes. The hobgoblin staggers out of the boat and up the stairs away from the melee.

Round 3 Initiative wrote:


25 Ellismus (Damage: 65, 15NL, Unconscious)
24 Kahwen
22 Mykel

22 Blue (Damage: 9, Prone)
16 Orange (Nauseated 3/?)
15 Green (Damage: 9, Nauseated 3/?, Prone)
10 Nectanebo
10 Toral
7 White (Damage: 33)
6 Yellow (Damage: 1, Nauseated 3/?)
5 Black (Nauseated 3/?)

Top of the round!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague

HP 9/67; Nonlethal dmg: 15; Unconscious for 15/8 hours --> 1 hour and 53 min; Ablative Barrier: 25/40 -- "We've lost both power and propulsion Sir! we're dead in the water! casualties across the board! recommend we abandon ship Sir!"

Ellismus' broken body is knocked out cold, utterly winded. Electricity still lingers in places on his form, interacting with his ablative barrier. In his mind, only a deep, all encompassing darkness.

Grandmaster TOZ wrote:
Immune to crits and precision damage.

Too late now, but was there any DR above and beyond that precision damage immunity? thanks!

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Son of a...Toral...drag him away...I'll take care of this thing... Mykel says as he lashes out with his blade.

attack1: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 311d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
attack2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 201d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
p/r: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 301d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 251d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
if this riposte is used, that 3/6 panache used, not including my plume of panache in reserve..

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

"You've got it handled over there right, Companions?...right, Companions?! Kahwen calls back to the other ship as reinforcements do not arrive.

He decides to stick with the leader on this side and gives chase to the hobgoblin, running bent at the waist with his curveblade extended behind him. He's moving so fast that his swing is just another part of rapid motion and gets his target in a vulnerable spot.

+1 keen elven curve blade: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Slashing plus SA: 1d10 + 13 + 4d6 ⇒ (9) + 13 + (3, 2, 6, 3) = 36

Crit plus Tengu Favored Class?: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 15 + 4 = 36
Slashing: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

The target is also bleeding 4 and I'm using the Disoriented Debilitating injury on him which gives him a -2 to hit in general and a -4 to hit Kahwen in particular.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Mykel manages to cut into the eel monster, flicking bisected individuals away with a fluid flourish. Kahwen cuts a savage gash across the hobgoblins chest, blood spattering the upper deck. The other pirate moves to flank the tengu, but can do little else. The awakened pirates rise to their feet, one moving unsteadily across the gangplank, menacing Nectanebo with his cutlass.

Round 3 Initiative wrote:


25 Ellismus (Damage: 65, 15NL, Unconscious)
24 Kahwen
22 Mykel
22 Blue (Damage: 9)
16 Orange (Nauseated 3/?)
15 Green (Damage: 9, Nauseated 3/?)
10 Nectanebo
10 Toral

7 White (Damage: 43)
6 Yellow (Damage: 1, Nauseated 3/?)
5 Black (Damage: 59, Bleed 4, Nauseated 3/?)

Bold are up!

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

"Why did you have to wake them up??? Now they might die!!" Toral says angrily.

Toral tries to slumber hex the ugly tentacle beast!

dc 19 will save or asleep 7 rounds


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Save: 1d20 ⇒ 7

The galvos collapses into a pile of sleeping eels!

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

"Do not touch the eel thing! Go and help our Tengu friend guys!" Toral shouts grumpily.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Huh...that works...good job... Mykel says a bit dumbstruck that the creature just falls asleep.

Scarab Sages

CG male Elf Occultist 6
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 13, FF 17|HP: 39/39*|F +6*, R +4, W +5 (+2 vs Necr/curses/TNLs, +1 vs fear/conf)|Init +2, Perc +8|CMB +6 CMD 18|Deadspeaker 3/3, Ghostly Horde 1/1, Focus: ?? Gloaming, ?? Azrael, ?? Guidingstar, ?? Perun

Nectanebo is ready for the boarding-crew.

"AVAST, swabbies, who said ye could just walk-the-plank on over?!?" He greets them in his best 'penny-dreadful pirate' brogue.

"Ye call that a sword...?"

Bilgewater suddenly turns to business as he slashes with unnatural speed with his splendid Elven blade!

Guidingstar, Quickness: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Guidingstar, Quickness: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Regrettably, this is a power it has only recently revealed to him, so he still has much to learn about fighting at this speed.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

The pirate dodges the first attack but cannot quite escape the second swing. The hobgoblin stares down Kahwen with hatred, unable to mount any kind of defense.

Round 4 Initiative wrote:


25 Ellismus (Damage: 65, 15NL, Unconscious)
24 Kahwen
22 Mykel

22 Blue (Damage: 16)
16 Orange (Nauseated 3/?)
15 Green (Damage: 9, Nauseated 3/?)
10 Nectanebo
10 Toral
7 White (Damage: 43)
6 Yellow (Damage: 1, Nauseated 3/?)
5 Black (Damage: 63, Bleed 4, Nauseated 3/?)
Bold are up!

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

Mykel darts over to the gangplank to repel the boarders. He lashes out and prepares to parry the attack as he lowers his stance.

attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 341d8 + 7 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 7 = 18
intimidate, menacing swordplay: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Just jump in...save me the trouble... he says with a wicked grin.

parry/riposte: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 351d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 291d8 + 7 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 11 = 25

crit: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 292d8 + 14 ⇒ (4, 7) + 14 = 25

regain a panache if crit is good and if i drop a guy..will recalculate after results known...but i have enough to do this...


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

The blue-sashed pirate gets no chance to save Mykel the trouble, falling to the turbulent waves in two pieces.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

i'll 5 ft step up if i can

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

"You should not have attacked us," Kahwen says a bit meekly in response to the glare he gets from the hobgoblin.

He steps away from the other pirate, putting his back to the railing so that he can't be flanked. He lashes out at the hobgoblin with his sword twice.

+1 keen elven curve blade: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Slashing: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

+1 keen elven curve blade: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Slashing: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Nothing fancy with any of that, just hit or miss.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

With a quick slash, Kahwen opens the hobgoblins throat, blood running down his chest as he stands transfixed, eyes locked on Kahwen's. Then he sinks to his knees and sprawls out on the deck, eyes rolling up in his head.

The remaining pirates drop their cutlasses, the one recovering from the nausea enough to call out. "We gives! We didn't want to, we was forced to by Faroon."

Benarry strides down from the fore of the ship as her men take the weapons from the survivors there. "Ah, Faroon then. I've had run ins with her before. Bad business partner, I tells ya. Where is she?"

"Not here. Dis was s'posed to be a distraction, while they went off ahead of yea's. They got 'bout an hour ahead. To Sevenfinga's tomb."

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

”Someone has to quickly kill the tentacles guy!! But what is it!!?“

Have we identified it? How do we kill it?

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

Though wary, at first, Kahwen is pleased there is no more bloodshed. He watches the attackers carefully, keeping his sword drawn and ready. He crosses back to his own ship, jumping the gap as easily and casually as most people step from one room to another.

"Can I cut it, Friend Toral or will that just wake it up?" Kahwen asks, joining the rest to stand over the tentacles guy. His booted foot keeps moving back but then settling firmly in place and it seems obvious he is resisting the urge to nudge it with his toe.


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

Turning your attention back to the galvos, you notice that already perhaps half the eels have slithered away, with more slipping through the hold grate as you watch.

"Looks like it's just a bunch of slippery devils now." Calisro claps Toral on the shoulder in congratulations. "Well done!"


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"Alright, I want whatever ill-got goods are in the Black Whispers hold in the Pixie right after her holes are patched. Leave the captains cabin to the officers!" Benarry turns to the unconscious form on her deck and looks at you. "Anyone going to wake up the prince here?"

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

A kiss from a fair maiden would probably do the trick, I'd wager... Mykel says with a sly grin. He bends over to help the sleeping alchemist up.

Anything useful on these fools? he asks as he checks the pirates' pockets.

I'll go and check out the other ship. Kahwen, your skills are likely going to be needed over there, my keen eyed friend...

perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Table Maps | Oathbreakers Die | Passing the Torch

"Whatever they have, feel free to keep whatever you want." The captain waves dismissively at the cowed pirates as she makes her way onto the deck of the Black Whispers towards the captains cabin.

Potions of cure light from each sailor, along with alchemists fire, minus the one used. The rest of their equipment is mundane. The hobgoblin carried a wand of cure light (40 charges) along with +2 leather armor and eyes of the eagle.

A quick search through the cabin finds the ships logs and a journal detailing Captain Faroon's plans to plunder Sevenfinger's tomb before the Pathfinder Society could return to it. Nothing mentions how access would be granted, but it does reveal the pirates learned of the tomb by torturing a Pathfinder named Skaela Karvo and executing her once they were done. Calisro grimaces at the ugly report. "Damned murderers! She was one of my best messengers, knew everything we have learned of the place. Even had maps of the explored areas. This is no good tidings."

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)8/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +8(+1 vs poison/disease), R +16, W +8, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +14 Panache 6/6

I'll be sure to avenge her death for you, Captain. I wonder if any of these dogs knows who did it? I'll see what I can find out...

did that more for flavour/RP...but if a roll is warranted i'll use intimdate...we should use the new and to heal up...waste those charges...and i'll nab a potion too...

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Toral shakes his head.

”So much death.. so much intrigue!“

I’d take the eyes of the eagle if that’s ok?

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human (Taldan) Alchemist (Grenadier) 8 - Init +4; Senses: Arcane Sight, See Invisibility, Trapfinding, Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +17, AC 36/ touch 17/ ff 29 CMD 21; hp 67/67+DR 5/- (abl.bar35pts); F+13, R+18, W+9; Speed 60 ft., Fly 90 ft.; Bombs 12/15; Enhance Potion 2/7; Wings 5/8 Active Buffs: Dex Mutagen, arcane sight, reduced person, shield, Aram Zey's focus, resist acid 20, cat's grace, darkvision, see invisibility, ablative barrier, endure elements, heroism, HA, BoF/Haste, Gr.Invis.; antitoxin/antiplague
Mykel Therinor wrote:
A kiss from a fair maiden would probably do the trick, I'd wager... Mykel says with a sly grin. He bends over to help the sleeping alchemist up.

Ellismus does not wake up. He's a sack of potatoes right now. He's out cold. An old, dirty wand of cure light wounds hangs at this belt... looking like it hasn't been used in decades.... Game terms: unconscious for several hours due to nonlethal dmg... lol! not sleeping!

Grand Lodge

[Init +9, Per +18, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 11th [HP 57/58, AC 30(34) |ff 19 |t 21, Fort +7, Ref +19, Will +7,] CMD 27

As the others confiscate the goods from those above deck, he heads below with Mykel. Once he hears the story of how the pirates knew to find them and their plans and how they came up with them, he is more than happy to loot their ship.

He pockets one of the healing potions and an alchemist fire and picks up the wand.

But he's only keeping it for a moment.

"Perhaps you could use this on Friend Ellismus, Friend Toral? Or Friend Nectanebo? Can you use this?" he asks, offering the wand up to either of them for use and keeping.

"Mine are right here, by the way, when I am unconscious and you need to use one on me," he says, pointing to the two wands that hang from his belt over his left hip. One has clearly seen heavy use and the other is almost as crisp and fresh as the day he pulled it out of the cure light wands bin back at the Grand Lodge.

Once everyone is back on their feet, he turns to Benisarry. "On to the Gloomspires, Captain. It looks like we have catching up to do!"

The Exchange

Male N Dwarf from Qadira - usually talking business or about the past | Flame Spirit Shaman (Speaker for the Past) 9 | HP 98/98 + 12/12 Temp HP | Resistance Fire 10 | Now: AC25 / AC 27 vs evil, Normal: AC 22 T 10 FF 22 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +11, R: +6, W: +17 | Init: +0 | Perc: +20, SM: +19, Dipl.: +24 | Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira trait reroll 1/1 | Knowledge 8/8 | Darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | Active condition: heroism, barkskin, magic vs evil, heightened awareness

Toral uses the wand on Ellismus!

"I hope that works!" he says.

1 to 50 of 334 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] TOZ's Hrethnar's Throne Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.