Dungeon Master Sssssssss's "The Slithering"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS
HANDOUTS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | MAP TEMPLATES | Campaign Tracker

Default Exploration Mode:

Assumption of Ferrun Scouting
[dice=Hostiles]d20[/dice]
[dice=Ferrun]d20+8+1[/dice] (Search)
[dice=Pazúr]d20+10+2+1[/dice]
[dice=Heyou!]d20+7+1[/dice]
[dice=Holton]d20+13+1[/dice]
[dice=Chivivit]d20+7+1[/dice]
[dice=Kicsit]d20+8+1[/dice]

*If you do not make a specific post (with referenced skill and modifier) this will be the assumed action and initiative roll.

Perception:

[dice=Chivivit]d20+7[/dice] (T, LLV)
[dice=Ferrun]d20+7[/dice] (T, LLV)
[dice=Kicsit]d20+8[/dice] (T, DV)
[dice=Pazúr]d20+9[/dice] (+2 if INIT, T, LLV)
[dice=Heyou!]d20+7[/dice] (T, DV)


301 to 350 of 1,159 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

Ferrun takes some time to look around.

Inside the upper desk drawer, he finds a heavy leather book held shut with an enchanted iron clasp. Rather than having a space for a key or other mechanism, this magic clasp instead has a single serrated blade protruding from it next to the symbol of a horned demon’s face.

Religion DC 18):
The horned demon represents the demon lord Angazhan. If you crit the check, read the nested spoiler below:

Spoiler:
—reveals that this clasp can be opened in two ways: either a religious symbol of Angazhan must be touched to the blade, or the blade must be used to shed blood

Occultism DC 20:
This clasp can be opened in two ways: either a religious symbol of Angazhan must be touched to the blade, or the blade must be used to shed blood

Thievery DC 20:
This clasp can be opened in two ways: either a religious symbol of Angazhan must be touched to the blade, or the blade must be used to shed blood

...Or you could just skip the smart stuff and break it open with an Athletics check.

A lower drawer in the desk contains an overland map tracing an old highway from Kibwe to the demon-haunted ruins of Holy Xatramba, some 140 miles east of Kibwe. Several stops are marked on this map.

Another desk drawer contains two bronze badges bearing the twisting serpent symbol of the Aspis Consortium.

Radiant Oath

CG Male goblin chirurgeon 6 | HP 66/66| AC 23 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +8 | Perc: +8T, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Infused Items: mElLife 2/3, mAlchFire 7/8, mFrost 2/2, mLightning 2/2, 2/2 mDred| Reagents 2/10 | Active conditions:

Heyou! pulls out his tools and tries and get into the book, but realizes something.
thievery: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 = 27
"Huh. Not a normal lock. You need a religious symbol of Angazhan must be touched to the blade, or the blade must be used to shed blood to open it. Anyone had one of those symbols?"

Grand Archive

HP 53/53| AC 19 | Fort +10, Refl +11, Will +10 | Perc +8 (darkvision) |

"all we need is some blood? Does the ooze count as blood?"


HP 52/92, | Focus: 1/1 AC: 23, 25 with Shield | F+12 R+10 W+9 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 l Hero Point: 0

Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Thievery: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

"This horned symbol is the demon lord Angazhan. I'm do not mind shedding my blood for a good cause, but not in any twisted way to give to a demon lord."


HP 52/92, | Focus: 1/1 AC: 23, 25 with Shield | F+12 R+10 W+9 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 l Hero Point: 0

”Maybe this can be opened by spilling blood, but I’m afraid I cannot give up mine for this sort of task. I’ve given my life to the kindly song of spheres. I would sooner smash this open with my claws than forsake Desna to a demon in this manner.”

Ferrun waits a moment longer for anyone to volunteer. Otherwise he simply breaks it open with sheer strength.

Athletics: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Radiant Oath

CG Male goblin chirurgeon 6 | HP 66/66| AC 23 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +8 | Perc: +8T, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Infused Items: mElLife 2/3, mAlchFire 7/8, mFrost 2/2, mLightning 2/2, 2/2 mDred| Reagents 2/10 | Active conditions:

”Ok! Heyou! will spill some. Many people tell Heyou! that goblin blood not as valuable as theirs, so maybe this not work. ”

He then pricks his finger with the blade, while holding an elixir of life in his other hand.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

Heyou! pricks his finger, only to find that the blade is impossibly sharp! The lid instantly pops open, but Heyou! starts bleeding profusely.

Persistent Bleed Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Given the pace of PbP, I'm going to assume someone expends the resources to stem the bleeding. Whoever does this can just post as such, otherwise he'll be bleeding for a few real life days ;-)

With his finger patched up, eyes turn towards the contents. The clasped book also contains a magical scroll and a bearer’s note from a moneylender in the Iwisa Block for 250 gp. You need only present the note to get the money.

The real treasure is the documentation underneath; records of a shipment of several magical bloodstones coming from the city of Oenopion in Nex with what could be used to inflict a fatal curse called the slithering. The slithering affects only humans and transforms them into mindless oozes. The names of several human targets, including most of Kibwe’s Representative Council, are listed within the book. The last page bears the words “Cursebreaker could be a problem?”


HP 52/92, | Focus: 1/1 AC: 23, 25 with Shield | F+12 R+10 W+9 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 l Hero Point: 0

Turning to Heyou! Ferrun speaks,"You were very brave to give your blood to that wretched demon case. I hope nothing ill comes of it. At the very least, let me heal your wounds."

Ferrun gently places his paws on Heyou!'s finger and uses his lay on hands ability to heal up his goblin friend! ( Heals 12 hp )

Turning to look through the contents of their find.

"Look at this! This is exactly what we are looking for. By Desna's mane! Bloodstones! This fatal curse has a name. It is called . . . the Slithering!"

He continues perusing the book.

"Woah! I sure am glad to be a cat!"

Continues reading.

"Look at this list of targets!"

Getting to the last page.

"Hmm. Look at this. Cursebreaker. That gives me hope that we can break this curse! Especially since this author thinks this could be a problem."

Radiant Oath

CG Male goblin chirurgeon 6 | HP 66/66| AC 23 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +8 | Perc: +8T, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Infused Items: mElLife 2/3, mAlchFire 7/8, mFrost 2/2, mLightning 2/2, 2/2 mDred| Reagents 2/10 | Active conditions:

"Me is very glad to be of help! You keep reading, and thank you for your healing. Me will heal you right back while you read!"

Assuming that Ferrun is refocusing while reading.

medicine to treat wounds (Ferrun): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 healing: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10
medicine to treat wounds (Holton?): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 healing: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 7) = 13


HP 52/92, | Focus: 1/1 AC: 23, 25 with Shield | F+12 R+10 W+9 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 l Hero Point: 0

After packing up the paperwork, Ferrun spends ten minutes in meditation getting his focus spell back. Afterwards he does a big stretch.

”Are we ready to continue, my friends?”

The champion moves through to the next room south with perception on high alert.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

I had to go back and see, but Ferrun had rolled a 20 searching the room!

Ferrun stands up to move south and notices the currents in the air aren't quite right. He moves to the eastern wall and finds the cause, a secret door! The opening mechanism is easy to spot after that.


HP 52/92, | Focus: 1/1 AC: 23, 25 with Shield | F+12 R+10 W+9 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 l Hero Point: 0

"Look at this, my friends. It appears that someone is trying to keep secrets!"

With his warhammer drawn, Ferrun opens the door and quietly opens the door. He peers within from around the corner to see what lies beyond.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

Draperies of fine cloth, large teak chests bursting with clothing, and fine furniture are all stored in this vault. Empty manacles bolted to the north wall indicate that this chamber might have also had other, more brutal uses.

Ferrun doesn't see any foes, solid, oozy, or otherwise. Map updated.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 52/92, | Focus: 1/1 AC: 23, 25 with Shield | F+12 R+10 W+9 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 l Hero Point: 0

Ferrun creeps into the next room like a cat burglar and looks around for any further clues.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

He quickly becomes distracted by the fact that it is time to clean his fur. He licks his paw and uses it to clean himself.


M Catfolk Swashbuckler 6 | HP 80 | AC 24 (25 w/ cape, 26 w/ shield raised | Fort +12 | Ref +14 | Will +11 | Perc +11 (+13 initiative)

Pazúr moves into the next room alongside his fellow catfolk, taking a quick look at his striped coat and deciding it looks better than Ferrun's. He scans his surroundings, then approaches the double doors to give them a look and listen.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Radiant Oath

CG Male goblin chirurgeon 6 | HP 66/66| AC 23 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +8 | Perc: +8T, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Infused Items: mElLife 2/3, mAlchFire 7/8, mFrost 2/2, mLightning 2/2, 2/2 mDred| Reagents 2/10 | Active conditions:

Sucking on his pricked finger, Heyou! moves into the room, searching for clues. Unfortunately, he is paying more attention to the pain from the prick than the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

He then starts opening crates and barrels.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

With curiosity, some move in to poke around. There are a slew of trinkets, pieces of jewelry, etc. They're high quality too.

Society DC 15:
The room’s current contents all come from the estate of a Chelaxian noble family called the Alteirs, who died from a nasty plague about two months ago. If you crit, check the spoiler below.
Spoiler:
These valuables are much too distinctive to sell in Kibwe.

Radiant Oath

CG Male goblin chirurgeon 6 | HP 66/66| AC 23 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +8 | Perc: +8T, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Infused Items: mElLife 2/3, mAlchFire 7/8, mFrost 2/2, mLightning 2/2, 2/2 mDred| Reagents 2/10 | Active conditions:

society: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

I need to know something "interesting"


HP 52/92, | Focus: 1/1 AC: 23, 25 with Shield | F+12 R+10 W+9 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 l Hero Point: 0

Society: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Ferrun stops licking his fur and starts looking around to make any connections to what he is seeing. He doesn't make any connections yet.


M Catfolk Swashbuckler 6 | HP 80 | AC 24 (25 w/ cape, 26 w/ shield raised | Fort +12 | Ref +14 | Will +11 | Perc +11 (+13 initiative)

Society: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

"You know, this stuff seems familiar," Pazúr offers as he studies the valuables they've found. "I heard about a Chelaxian noble family, called the Alteirs, who all died from a nasty plague about two months ago. And I am somehow aware that all this stuff comes from their estate."

With a shrug of regret as he studies a particularly shiny gem-encrusted toothpick, he adds, "Of course, these things are all too distinctive to sell here in Kibwe."


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

Disappointed that this room didn't have even more evidence or answers the party decides to....

Radiant Oath

CG Male goblin chirurgeon 6 | HP 66/66| AC 23 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +8 | Perc: +8T, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Infused Items: mElLife 2/3, mAlchFire 7/8, mFrost 2/2, mLightning 2/2, 2/2 mDred| Reagents 2/10 | Active conditions:

"Huh?" asks Heyou! as he is stuffing his pockets with the valuables. "Why can't we sell them? Ok, we just take them, and sell them somewhere else. Always someone who will buy."

Heyou! waves everyone else into the room.

"We got more doors to check! Come on! This is fun!"

I moved everyone in

"Pazúr you wanna open the door?" he asks, dagger in hand.


HP 52/92, | Focus: 1/1 AC: 23, 25 with Shield | F+12 R+10 W+9 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 l Hero Point: 0
Heyou! wrote:
"Why can't we sell them? Ok, we just take them, and sell them somewhere else. Always someone who will buy."

"You may do as you wish my friend. I'm just not sure I want to be burdened with all of that junk."

Heyou! wrote:
"Pazúr you wanna open the door?" he asks, dagger in hand.

"I've got it, my friend."

Ferrun moves up to the double doors to the south and looks for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Upon being satisfied that there are none, he proceeds to open the door quietly still with his warhammer drawn.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

Not finding any reason to avoid it, Ferrun opens the door.

This wide yard is open to the sky. The ground, covered with straw and sand, is crisscrossed with human and animal tracks. Two sets of large loading doors lead east, with the southern set of doors standing slightly ajar. Other doors leading west and north are labeled “Storage” in Common and Mwangi. A trough of stagnant water stands between the two doors to the west, and a flimsy table and chairs occupy the yard’s southwest corner. A veritable mountain of boxes, casks, and crates are piled in the southeast corner of the yard beneath a makeshift awning.

Map updated. Don't forget to update as you go, Ferrun wasn't next to the door to check it.


HP 52/92, | Focus: 1/1 AC: 23, 25 with Shield | F+12 R+10 W+9 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 l Hero Point: 0

Ferrun moves into the courtyard and looks up at the sky where he gives thanks to Desna. "Song of the the Spheres, guide me today and every day that with your luck we can put an end to this curse."

The catfolk scouts around seeing if there is anything interesting about the tracks.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

He moves towards the south eastern door and listens for sounds.

Radiant Oath

NG Male Hold-Scarred Orc Warpriest Of Sarenrae 6 (HP 67/78), AC 24 (26 with Raised Shield), Perception +14, Default Exploration: Search, Default Civilization: Gather Information Speed 25 | Hero Points 1/3 | Active conditions —

Holton strides into the room and starts looking through the contents of boxes and other things.

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

DM:

Chivivit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 (T, LLV)
Ferrun: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 (T, LLV)
Kicsit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 (T, DV)
Pazúr: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 (+2 if INIT, T, LLV)
Heyou!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 (T, DV)
Holton: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 1 = 34

2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

Assumption of Ferrun Scouting
Hostiles: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Ferrun: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19
Pazúr: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 29
Heyou!: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16
Holton: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 1 = 32
Chivivit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18
Kicsit: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23

Holton and Ferrun move into the yard to look around. The expedition gear in the yard contains dried food, casks of water and ale, rope, shovels, tools, insect-repelling herbs, and other mundane equipment to supply a ---

Holton's investigation gets cut off as an invisible creature slams into Ferrun: ATK: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32 for DOUBLE: 1d10 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (4, 3) = 14 The creature's outline appears for a split second as it punches, but it's fading fast!

Round 1:
???: Sneak attack!
Holton: Go
Pazur: Go
Kicsit: Go
Ferrun: Go
Chivivit: Go
Heyou!: Go

You can see the outline, but it's still mostly invisible, so it is hidden still.


HP 52/92, | Focus: 1/1 AC: 23, 25 with Shield | F+12 R+10 W+9 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 l Hero Point: 0

Ferrun feels the pain of a nasty surprise attack and whirls around to repeatedly strike his hammer down on the rogue.

Warhammer: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

DC11 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Warhammer: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

DC11 Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 11

For his third action, he raises his shield.

"Show yourself you coward!"

Radiant Oath

CG Male goblin chirurgeon 6 | HP 66/66| AC 23 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +8 | Perc: +8T, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Infused Items: mElLife 2/3, mAlchFire 7/8, mFrost 2/2, mLightning 2/2, 2/2 mDred| Reagents 2/10 | Active conditions:

"Hey! What was that! What happened, Ferrun?"

Heyou! moves in, and attempts to Seek the invisible target.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

If he finds it, he will Point Out where it is to his team mates.

If he does not:

Seek again
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

I also know Seek is a secret check, so if you would prefer I will defer to your rolls, GM, and not roll in the future.


M Catfolk Swashbuckler 6 | HP 80 | AC 24 (25 w/ cape, 26 w/ shield raised | Fort +12 | Ref +14 | Will +11 | Perc +11 (+13 initiative)

Pazúr hustles into the courtyard, ending up next to the faintly outlined form that attacked Ferrun. He strikes with his fierce claws at the assailant!

Stride, Stride, Strike

Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1) + 1 = 8

DC 11 Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

I'm terribly sorry, this game didn't show any updates, and it appears my resolution post vanished.

Pazúr lunges forward, and sinks his sharpened claws into the invisible creature. It doesn't bleed, but he knows he's wounded it. Ferrun follows up with a solid THWAK of the hammer.

Heyou! takes a moment to close distance and look for the creature. He spies it and points it out to the others Map includes creature's location.

Round 1:
???: Sneak attack!
Holton: Go
Pazur: Hit
Kicsit: Go
Ferrun: Hit
Chivivit: Go
Heyou!: Point!

DM:

Stalker: 17

Radiant Oath

NG Male Hold-Scarred Orc Warpriest Of Sarenrae 6 (HP 67/78), AC 24 (26 with Raised Shield), Perception +14, Default Exploration: Search, Default Civilization: Gather Information Speed 25 | Hero Points 1/3 | Active conditions —

Stride, Attack, Attack.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 272d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 7) + 5 = 19
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 252d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 6) + 5 = 15


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

Sir Holton closes in, aiming for what he hopes is the body of the invisible foe 1d20 ⇒ 3 1d20 ⇒ 5, but both massively powerful swings miss!

Round 1:
???: Sneak attack!
Holton: Miss
Pazur: Hit
Kicsit: Go
Ferrun: Hit
Chivivit: Go
Heyou!: Point!

DM:

Stalker: 17

Grand Archive

HP 53/53| AC 19 | Fort +10, Refl +11, Will +10 | Perc +8 (darkvision) |

Kic steps into the room and is not quite sure what he's seeing. shakes his head when he sees everyone around the thing, he's not quiet sure he sees it but... something IS there.

a few pebbles are collected and launched towards the outline of the thing.

flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 18
tele projectile: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
damage?: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4, 6) + 4 = 20


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

Kicsit hurls one hell of a pebble, but he misses the target! Flat check succeeded, to hit roll did not.

Round 1:
???: Sneak attack!
Holton: Miss
Pazur: Hit
Kicsit: Miss
Ferrun: Hit
Chivivit: Go
Heyou!: Point!

DM:

Stalker: 17


M Ratfolk Witch 5 | HP 46 | AC 21 | Fort +11 | Ref +11 | Will +9 | Perc +7

Chivivit heads into the room, shooting two bolts of magical force at the invisible foe.

Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7

Radiant Oath

CG Male goblin chirurgeon 6 | HP 66/66| AC 23 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +8 | Perc: +8T, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Infused Items: mElLife 2/3, mAlchFire 7/8, mFrost 2/2, mLightning 2/2, 2/2 mDred| Reagents 2/10 | Active conditions:

"Huh. This invisible thing is hard to hit. If only someone had glitterdust or something like that!"


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

1d20 ⇒ 19 chivivit catches just enough of the outline to mentally connect his missiles to the target!

The target's outline fades away. It reappears on the other side of Pazur. It pummels the catfolk with a pair of fists:

Jab: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21 MISS
Straight: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29 for DMG: 1d10 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 5 + (3, 6) = 23

Round 2:
???: Sneak attack!
Holton: Go
Pazur: Go
Kicsit: Go
Ferrun: Go
Chivivit: Go
Heyou!: Go

DM:

Stalker: 24


HP 52/92, | Focus: 1/1 AC: 23, 25 with Shield | F+12 R+10 W+9 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 l Hero Point: 0

Ferrun steps in behind the stalker to flank it and swings his hammer into it.

Warhammer: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Warhammer: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

Ferrun, can you add a couple of flat checks? DC is 11!


HP 52/92, | Focus: 1/1 AC: 23, 25 with Shield | F+12 R+10 W+9 | Perc+8, Stealth +11 l Hero Point: 0

Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Radiant Oath

CG Male goblin chirurgeon 6 | HP 66/66| AC 23 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +8 | Perc: +8T, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Infused Items: mElLife 2/3, mAlchFire 7/8, mFrost 2/2, mLightning 2/2, 2/2 mDred| Reagents 2/10 | Active conditions:

” Kicsit! Make it outlined in glitter, please, so we can blow it up, better!”

delaying for him to do it, or mot


M Catfolk Swashbuckler 6 | HP 80 | AC 24 (25 w/ cape, 26 w/ shield raised | Fort +12 | Ref +14 | Will +11 | Perc +11 (+13 initiative)

Pazúr pauses a moment, to see if Kicsit can magically reveal their foe's presence, before slashing at it with his claws!

Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6) + 1 = 8

Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 1 = 7

Miss chances, if Kicsit doesn't cast Glitterdust or save is made:

DC 11 Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 12
DC 11 Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Status: 45/68 hp

Grand Archive

HP 53/53| AC 19 | Fort +10, Refl +11, Will +10 | Perc +8 (darkvision) |

"But i'll blind your.too!! He screams frustrated by the situation he casts the requested spell and hopes the ends justify the means...

casts glitter dust DC 21 reflex save or be dazzled, crit fail means blinded Pazur is sadly in the AoE


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

REF: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19 COMPLETELY not expecting such an attack while in the thick of it, the stalker is struck blind and is outlined like a Yule tree!

Ferrun thwacks it twice.

Pazur REF: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 PAzur scratches it once too!

Round 2:
???: Sneak attack!
Kicsit: Glitterdust
Holton: Go
Pazur: Hit!
Ferrun: Hit
Chivivit: Go
Heyou!: Go

DM:

Stalker: 42 (The target is blinded for 1 round and dazzled for 10 minutes. Its invisibility is negated for 10 minutes.)

Radiant Oath

CG Male goblin chirurgeon 6 | HP 66/66| AC 23 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +8 | Perc: +8T, Darkvision | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3 |Infused Items: mElLife 2/3, mAlchFire 7/8, mFrost 2/2, mLightning 2/2, 2/2 mDred| Reagents 2/10 | Active conditions:

With the enemy all sparkly, Heyou! has a perfect target!

"Incoming!" he calls out as he starts chucking bombs.

fire bomb: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 = 24 mod fire: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 5) + 1 = 13 Splash 2 fire, persistent fire 3

He then draws out his dagger.


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

Heyou!'s bomb strikes the blinded creature! It catches fire as the tables are suddenly and decidedly turned!

ound 2:
???: Sneak attack!
Kicsit: Glitterdust
Holton: Go
Pazur: Hit!
Ferrun: Hit
Chivivit: Go
Heyou!: Hit

DM:
Stalker: 55, PErsistent fire: 3 (The target is blinded for 1 round and dazzled for 10 minutes. Its invisibility is negated for 10 minutes.)

Radiant Oath

NG Male Hold-Scarred Orc Warpriest Of Sarenrae 6 (HP 67/78), AC 24 (26 with Raised Shield), Perception +14, Default Exploration: Search, Default Civilization: Gather Information Speed 25 | Hero Points 1/3 | Active conditions —

Holton steps forward and attacks!

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 262d8 + 5 ⇒ (6, 2) + 5 = 13
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 222d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 8) + 5 = 16


Map Templates | DC Chart | Conditions | Abomination Vaults | Extinction Curse| Circus Posts | Slithering | S@S

Holton's first swing strikes true, but it dodges the second. Still the blow is telling and the creature wobbles (but doesn't fall down.)

ound 2:
???: Sneak attack!
Kicsit: Glitterdust
Holton: Hit
Pazur: Hit!
Ferrun: Hit
Chivivit: Go
Heyou!: Hit

DM:

Stalker: 68, PErsistent fire: 3 (The target is blinded for 1 round and dazzled for 10 minutes. Its invisibility is negated for 10 minutes.)


M Ratfolk Witch 5 | HP 46 | AC 21 | Fort +11 | Ref +11 | Will +9 | Perc +7

Chivivit casts a baleful glare at the invisible creature.

Casting evil eye, dc 21 will or be frightened 1, frightened 2 on a crit fail.

301 to 350 of 1,159 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master Sssssssss's "The Slithering" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.