GM Erich's The Harrowing (Tier 8-10)

Game Master Thereus, Silver Crusader

An adventure for 8th to 10th level characters


501 to 550 of 892 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper (UC Rogue) / 8th| HP:59/59| AC:23 T:16 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:24 | Saves F:+3 (+2 vs poison) R:+13 W:+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+13 | Per: +19

Daedîn nods to River. ”Sounds good to me...”

Upon nearing the playhouse, the rogue will draw his bow and go into scout mode to look things over...

Stealth: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31
Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25
Tracks (via Perception): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

After settling up the items from his pack, Jocob the centaur does his best to escort you back to the edge of the Briar, showing some minute curiosity as to why you would rather spend time there rather than the featureless Dearth.

"Such a confusing place, it seems to me. But I wish you the best in your quest." He turns to head back into the dunes, confident in his new position as the prime merchant.

---------

After several more days of frustrating travel, a wide expanse opens up in the forest ahead. A large rotund building - showing signs of age but still impressive - sits idle in the middle of the clearing. The Sanguine Playhouse" is still visible via aging paint on sheet metal above the several sets of entrance doors.

New map

Daedîn sneaks up and checks the mundane doors. All seems safe, and only a few humanoid tracks to and fro indicate present use, as if visitors still attend rare performances.

Sovereign Court

F CG Kitsune Wizard 7, Rogue 1, Trickster 1 | HP 45/48 | AC *22 T 14 FF *18 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +11, W: +9 | Init: +7 | Perc: *+22, SM: *+24, Low Light Vision | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 3/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 2/5 4th 3/3 | Reservoir 9/9 | Active conditions: mage armor, see invisibility, darkvision, Paranoid Observer, Shield

Not-Trixie pulls out another card as Daedîn investigates. ”I mean, the Theatre would make sense, right?” she asks rhetorically.

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

The Theatre card gives everyone a +2 to Perception and Survival while in this location

Opening the center door, the sound of joyous music starts instantly.

The red velvet covering nearly every surface of this lobby is threadbare and faded. A cracked mural on the ceiling depicts debauched acts between satyrs and all manner of mortal women. Two sets of double doors to the north lead into a massive chamber, and between them golden bars protect a ticket office. Smaller doors occupy the eastern and western walls.

Pacing frantically along the cornice (10 feet above the ground) is a dapper little creature with an elven upper body, two long antennae protruding from his forehead, and the lower body of a cricket, complete with spindly legs and a pair of gossamer wings. He wears the shoes of a dancer. Floating below his head (just out of his reach) is a giddy little fiddle that floats through the air unassisted, playing itself perfectly. The small creature flits about as if trying to capture it again.

DC 12 Knowledge Nature:
The creature is a grig - a flying fey creature that are capable of rubbing their legs together like a cricket to create a surprisingly pleasant sound that can compel nearby creatures to dance, although this one looks larger than most.

Initiative!:

Daedîn Init: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Lamont Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Leosa Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Not-Trixie Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Psycho Dread Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
River of Stars Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Sihir Aneh Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Blue Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Round #1 - Bold can act
Daedîn
Not-Trixie
Blue Creature <10 feet high>
Psycho Dread
Sihir Aneh
River of Stars
Leosa
Lamont

Sovereign Court

F CG Kitsune Wizard 7, Rogue 1, Trickster 1 | HP 45/48 | AC *22 T 14 FF *18 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +11, W: +9 | Init: +7 | Perc: *+22, SM: *+24, Low Light Vision | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 3/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 2/5 4th 3/3 | Reservoir 9/9 | Active conditions: mage armor, see invisibility, darkvision, Paranoid Observer, Shield

Knowledge (nature) vs DC 12: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

"Oh, a grig!" Not-Trixie says delightedly as she spies the poor creature. "Daedîn, would you be so kind as to catch his fiddle for him?" She carefully pulls out another card from the deck, discreetly checking her palm to make sure the Cricket is in her hand.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper (UC Rogue) / 8th| HP:59/59| AC:23 T:16 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:24 | Saves F:+3 (+2 vs poison) R:+13 W:+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+13 | Per: +19

Leery of the fey as well as a flying fiddle, Daedîn shrugs. "Sure...this should allow him to catch it..."

He fires three blunt arrows at the violin...

To hit: Base/Dex, Weapon Focus, Magic, PBS, Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim
Damage: Magic, Strength, PBS, Deadly Aim, Sneak Attack

Longbow vs FFAC: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 27
Magic/Bludgeoning/Sneak Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 4d6 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + (2, 6, 3, 1) = 25 (13 if Sneak damage doesn't apply)

Longbow (Rapid Shot) vs FFAC: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 31
Magic/Bludgeoning/Sneak Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 4d6 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + (1, 1, 6, 3) = 27 (16 if Sneak damage doesn't apply)

Longbow (Iterative) vs FFAC: 1d10 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 9
Magic/Bludgeoning/Sneak Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + (6, 5, 5, 2) = 28 (10 if Sneak damage doesn't apply)


Not-Trixie would like me to communicate to you that she meant to catch it with your hands so we could give it back to the grig, not destroy it... Vendalfek's mental voice trails off for a moment as if he were receiving another transmission. Oh come on now, you know I can't repeat that. Not in polite company anyway. He shakes his head and winks at the rogue. Such a foul mouth on that one - look at how her face is turning red trying to keep it in. Ah! Keep your dirty little hands away from my neck! The faerie dragon flies up towards the ceiling to escape Not-Trixie's strangling grasp.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper (UC Rogue) / 8th| HP:59/59| AC:23 T:16 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:24 | Saves F:+3 (+2 vs poison) R:+13 W:+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+13 | Per: +19

"Oops...she should have specified...but at least I didn't shoot the grig...besides, I don't trust anyone in this realm...and I'm leery of fey and magical instruments as well...once heard about this pied Piper from Hamlin..."

Sovereign Court

F CG Kitsune Wizard 7, Rogue 1, Trickster 1 | HP 45/48 | AC *22 T 14 FF *18 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +11, W: +9 | Init: +7 | Perc: *+22, SM: *+24, Low Light Vision | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 3/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 2/5 4th 3/3 | Reservoir 9/9 | Active conditions: mage armor, see invisibility, darkvision, Paranoid Observer, Shield

”’Catch’ it, Daedîn - I didn’t say ‘bring it down’ or ‘smash it to pieces’ or add a few more holes to that fiddle’, did I?” Not-Trixie’s face is indeed red, though her anger seems to be mostly pointed towards her companion hovering just out of arm’s reach in a manner very similar to the fiddle in question. ”And even if you don’t trust anyone in this realm, at least trust us!”

Sovereign Court

Female Wayang; Fighter (Gloomblade) 5/Shadowdancer 4 | HP 77/77| AC 27 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +13, CMD 28 | F: +11, R: +10, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +14 | Speed 20ft | Trap Spotter | Gloomstorm 9/9 | Shadow Shadow Speaker +3 4/day | Shadow Jump 5ft 8/day | Silent Image 2/day | Shadow Conjuration 1/day | Active conditions: Bless, Clay, Haste, H Blessing (Harrow, Dragon), L# 14

How's the light?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper (UC Rogue) / 8th| HP:59/59| AC:23 T:16 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:24 | Saves F:+3 (+2 vs poison) R:+13 W:+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+13 | Per: +19

"A fey and a magic flying fiddle? Yeah, I'm sure that's not a trap at all..."

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

Daedîn quickly snaps off a pair of arrows that split the violin in twain. It slowly falls to the ground and the fey creature zips down to catch it before it crashes, grabbing the neck and body with opposite hands, the silent instrument only connected by limp strings now.

Combat Over! Light inside is normal

"My apologies. It was out of control again..." The strange creature laments.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper (UC Rogue) / 8th| HP:59/59| AC:23 T:16 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:24 | Saves F:+3 (+2 vs poison) R:+13 W:+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+13 | Per: +19

”No worries. What kind of fiddle was that? And where would we find Balimar?”

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

The grig shrugs, rotating the pieces in his hands as if to figure out how best to repair it. "It was a good instrument, played better than I could. Perhaps it will again someday. If you are looking for Balimar, he is practicing in the theater, as always."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper (UC Rogue) / 8th| HP:59/59| AC:23 T:16 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:24 | Saves F:+3 (+2 vs poison) R:+13 W:+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+13 | Per: +19

Daedîn heads to the double doors to the south and checks them out...

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28

...if there's nothing hinky, he'll crack it open and peer inside...

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

The doors seem fine and can be opened easily. A dull pulsing light fills the room from dozens of stage lights. This bulging auditorium offers an excellent view of the stage from any of its dozens of seats. Dust and cobwebs cling to everything. A half-dozen glassy-eyed bodies lie in the far corner like discarded props.

Two figures stand glowering over them, deep in animated discussion. One is a strikingly handsome Varisian man who insists on speaking solely through a marionette carved to look just like a blonde version of him.

Sovereign Court

Female Wayang; Fighter (Gloomblade) 5/Shadowdancer 4 | HP 77/77| AC 27 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +13, CMD 28 | F: +11, R: +10, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +14 | Speed 20ft | Trap Spotter | Gloomstorm 9/9 | Shadow Shadow Speaker +3 4/day | Shadow Jump 5ft 8/day | Silent Image 2/day | Shadow Conjuration 1/day | Active conditions: Bless, Clay, Haste, H Blessing (Harrow, Dragon), L# 14

Leosa deliberately addresses the dummy.

How do you do, sir?

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

Speaking in squelched words through the "dummy", the taller one turns toward you, gesturing to the bodies at his feet. "We are not doing well. We have a sold-out performance on the fortnight and now no one to perform. All of our actors have expired."

Grand Lodge

”Psycho” | Male N Human Psychic 10 | HP 62/62 8/8 temp | Mage armor on AC 22, T18, FF 21 (AC 19, T 18, FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 20 | F +9 R +11 W +18 | Init +1 | Perc +17 SM +4 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/8, 2nd 7/8, 3rd 4/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 3/4; Detect thoughts 1/1; Phrenic pool 9/9; Third eye 1/1; | Active Conditions: Echolocation, fly and mage armor;; scroll of spell immunity

"Can we help you with that?"

The Concordance

“River of Stars” | Male NG Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 79/79 | AC 22 / 13 T / 20FF | CMD +6 CMD 18 | F +13, R +13, W +19 | Init +2 | Perc +32 SM +13 |Speed 40ft | Shapeshift 10/10 minutes, Flight 9/10 minutes, Stardust 4/4, Ancestor's Council 3/4|Lesser Toppling Rod 3/3, Pearl of Power 1/1|Active Conditions: frigid touch in armour, h. awareness, heroism, lucky #4, haste

River looks on darkly.

Whatever happened to these unfortunate souls is likely not good Eska. Though remember they likely didn't have souls, this place is all a stage

"What happened to your actors? And where is Balimar? We have business"

Sovereign Court

F CG Kitsune Wizard 7, Rogue 1, Trickster 1 | HP 45/48 | AC *22 T 14 FF *18 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +11, W: +9 | Init: +7 | Perc: *+22, SM: *+24, Low Light Vision | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 3/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 2/5 4th 3/3 | Reservoir 9/9 | Active conditions: mage armor, see invisibility, darkvision, Paranoid Observer, Shield

"Well, that's not really what I expected for the Twin," Not-Trixie mutters as she palms the matching card, her eyes focused on the strange man before them.

When he speaks to the group:
Is he telling us the truth? she wonders to herself.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (15) + 24 = 39

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

Not-Trixie's card causes a bluish glow to form around the performers and they separate slightly. Seems to be truthful as well

"Can't you see, they expired." The smaller one steps forward to kick at the pile. The man continues to speak through the "dummy", awkwardly turning its finger to point at himself. "This is Balimar. And yes I do believe you could help. The one with the bow hiding around the door... he would make the perfect romantic lead opposite Eliara! We simply must start rehearsing now though. No time to waste!"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper (UC Rogue) / 8th| HP:59/59| AC:23 T:16 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:24 | Saves F:+3 (+2 vs poison) R:+13 W:+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+13 | Per: +19

Daedîn demurs. ”Me? I’m no actor...”

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

"We are all actors, my friend. Some have yet to realize." The puppeteer steers his charge with an exaggerated whirl up the ramp toward your location. "Come, let us see you all, and find a part that is right for each of you."

Sovereign Court

Female Wayang; Fighter (Gloomblade) 5/Shadowdancer 4 | HP 77/77| AC 27 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +13, CMD 28 | F: +11, R: +10, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +14 | Speed 20ft | Trap Spotter | Gloomstorm 9/9 | Shadow Shadow Speaker +3 4/day | Shadow Jump 5ft 8/day | Silent Image 2/day | Shadow Conjuration 1/day | Active conditions: Bless, Clay, Haste, H Blessing (Harrow, Dragon), L# 14

Make your suggestions, but I must admit I have only a touch of formal training in dance.

The Concordance

“River of Stars” | Male NG Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 79/79 | AC 22 / 13 T / 20FF | CMD +6 CMD 18 | F +13, R +13, W +19 | Init +2 | Perc +32 SM +13 |Speed 40ft | Shapeshift 10/10 minutes, Flight 9/10 minutes, Stardust 4/4, Ancestor's Council 3/4|Lesser Toppling Rod 3/3, Pearl of Power 1/1|Active Conditions: frigid touch in armour, h. awareness, heroism, lucky #4, haste

River and Eska both roll their eyes at the same time.

"If we help you with this, can you help us find a certain gem we are seeking. The so-called White Lily diamond? We have been led to believe you have it. Payment for our services perhaps?"

Sense motive reply: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

"A simple diamond, in exchange for the show going on? That is a deal that makes itself." The pair takes a few more steps toward you, as they close in, you can spot an inelegant mark upon both of their foreheads.

DC 12 Knowledge Planes:
The dummy is likely the eidolon of the summoner "puppeteer". Being made of wood, he would likely be resistant to electricity.

And no, River does not believe they would part with the Lily so easily.

Sovereign Court

Female Wayang; Fighter (Gloomblade) 5/Shadowdancer 4 | HP 77/77| AC 27 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +13, CMD 28 | F: +11, R: +10, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +14 | Speed 20ft | Trap Spotter | Gloomstorm 9/9 | Shadow Shadow Speaker +3 4/day | Shadow Jump 5ft 8/day | Silent Image 2/day | Shadow Conjuration 1/day | Active conditions: Bless, Clay, Haste, H Blessing (Harrow, Dragon), L# 14

Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

That's interesting puppet you have. You seem to have quite a bond with it. Shiir and I, our people are known for shadow puppetry. Maybe I'll give you a demonstration.

Turning to the party.

Careful, that's no puppet. It's his eidolon, but it is wood so avoid electricity if you can.

The Concordance

“River of Stars” | Male NG Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 79/79 | AC 22 / 13 T / 20FF | CMD +6 CMD 18 | F +13, R +13, W +19 | Init +2 | Perc +32 SM +13 |Speed 40ft | Shapeshift 10/10 minutes, Flight 9/10 minutes, Stardust 4/4, Ancestor's Council 3/4|Lesser Toppling Rod 3/3, Pearl of Power 1/1|Active Conditions: frigid touch in armour, h. awareness, heroism, lucky #4, haste

River activates his flight hex and floats up slightly, his long black hair floating around his head as if underwater.

"Take another step and we shall be forced to defend ourselves. You are lying. What did you really do to these poor "actors?". Did you murder them?"

While they respond he will fly round and to the bodies to inspect them (assuming this weirdo will allow it!)

Perception: 1d20 + 32 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 32 + 2 = 53
Heal: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Grand Lodge

”Psycho” | Male N Human Psychic 10 | HP 62/62 8/8 temp | Mage armor on AC 22, T18, FF 21 (AC 19, T 18, FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 20 | F +9 R +11 W +18 | Init +1 | Perc +17 SM +4 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/8, 2nd 7/8, 3rd 4/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 3/4; Detect thoughts 1/1; Phrenic pool 9/9; Third eye 1/1; | Active Conditions: Echolocation, fly and mage armor;; scroll of spell immunity

Psycho uses his wand of mage armor on himself. Just in case.

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

The eidolon mocks astonishment with shaking arms spread as River rises into the air and issues his mandate. He cowers and shields his eyes as the man continues continues to talk through him.

"It was not us who did the actors in. No, it was the diva being her diva self. And it is she who you can demonstrate your puppet to, shadow woman, or whatever talents you might have. Oh, Eliara!"

River can see that the bodies are recently slain, and most display tremendous bite marks as their demise. Two seem to have been turned to stone.

There is a lingering quiet in the theatre as the curtains draw open. Small candles in brass holders illuminate this otherwise unimpressive stage. Bits of wood and canvas scenery suggest springtime, but the painted backdrop shows a city mid-winter.

A beautiful Varisian woman struts to center stage, two creatures hanging contented around her shoulders like ragged, leathery stoles. "You bring me new actors? For their sake I hope they are more talented than the last..."

DC 14 Knowledge Arcana:
The "stoles" are actually Thassilonian Show Cockatrices, an advanced magical beast capable of slowly petrifying its victims through its bite.


Knowledge (arcana) vs DC 14: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18

Well, you know what they say - never look a gift cockatrice in the mouth, or it’ll bite you and turn you into stone. Vendalfek hovers above Not-Trixie’s head, his cheeky telepathic voice touching each of the Pathfinders’ minds.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper (UC Rogue) / 8th| HP:59/59| AC:23 T:16 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:24 | Saves F:+3 (+2 vs poison) R:+13 W:+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+13 | Per: +19

Daedîn nods in response to the telepathic message. Need to keep my distance from them...and her. He keeps a close eye scouring the room for any more surprises...

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38

Sovereign Court

Female Wayang; Fighter (Gloomblade) 5/Shadowdancer 4 | HP 77/77| AC 27 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +13, CMD 28 | F: +11, R: +10, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +14 | Speed 20ft | Trap Spotter | Gloomstorm 9/9 | Shadow Shadow Speaker +3 4/day | Shadow Jump 5ft 8/day | Silent Image 2/day | Shadow Conjuration 1/day | Active conditions: Bless, Clay, Haste, H Blessing (Harrow, Dragon), L# 14

So you're the star? Seems to be a bit of poor planning to eliminate your cast before the show is ever performed.

The Concordance

“River of Stars” | Male NG Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 79/79 | AC 22 / 13 T / 20FF | CMD +6 CMD 18 | F +13, R +13, W +19 | Init +2 | Perc +32 SM +13 |Speed 40ft | Shapeshift 10/10 minutes, Flight 9/10 minutes, Stardust 4/4, Ancestor's Council 3/4|Lesser Toppling Rod 3/3, Pearl of Power 1/1|Active Conditions: frigid touch in armour, h. awareness, heroism, lucky #4, haste

"They were slain by bites, and some were turned to stone!"

River calls out to his allies, nodding to Not-Trixie that he has received her message.

He and Eska both stand ready, watching her reaction to Leosa, expecting violence at any moment.

Grand Lodge

”Psycho” | Male N Human Psychic 10 | HP 62/62 8/8 temp | Mage armor on AC 22, T18, FF 21 (AC 19, T 18, FF 18) | CMB +3 CMD 20 | F +9 R +11 W +18 | Init +1 | Perc +17 SM +4 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/8, 2nd 7/8, 3rd 4/7, 4th 6/6, 5th 3/4; Detect thoughts 1/1; Phrenic pool 9/9; Third eye 1/1; | Active Conditions: Echolocation, fly and mage armor;; scroll of spell immunity

"Someone's gonna have nasty headaches!"

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

"Yes, I suppose it was... but fate has brought you here, so I can only hope you perform better. Come closer, let us see the new cast I have to work with. Sing, dance, act... whatever it is you do well. Don't be afraid, I don't... bite."

She steps to the front of the stage, her visage morphing devious from the angle of the footlights.

The summoner and his wooden eidolon clear the area to make room for your entrance, and they take seats to witness the "audition".

Even the grig in the lobby cracks open the door with anticipation to watch.

Daedîn swears he can hear movement from behind the curtain.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper (UC Rogue) / 8th| HP:59/59| AC:23 T:16 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:24 | Saves F:+3 (+2 vs poison) R:+13 W:+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+13 | Per: +19

Daedîn turns to Not-Trixie, saying ”Vernon takana on joku tai jotain...”

Those who speak Elven:
”There's someone, or something, behind the curtain...”

He then turns back to the stage...knowing he’s not the most charismatic guy, and has no singing, dancing, nor acting skills, the rogue defers, saying, ”I have none of those skills you mention...I’ll just play the part of enraptured audience...”

He keeps a tight grip on his bow...and an eye on the cockatrices as well as what may emerge from the curtain...

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22

Sovereign Court

Female Wayang; Fighter (Gloomblade) 5/Shadowdancer 4 | HP 77/77| AC 27 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +13, CMD 28 | F: +11, R: +10, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +14 | Speed 20ft | Trap Spotter | Gloomstorm 9/9 | Shadow Shadow Speaker +3 4/day | Shadow Jump 5ft 8/day | Silent Image 2/day | Shadow Conjuration 1/day | Active conditions: Bless, Clay, Haste, H Blessing (Harrow, Dragon), L# 14

We learned a few steps in our day, but I doubt they'll be up to your standards.

Perform (Dance): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

"Huh, I thought the archer could be your leading man, apparently he does not have the fortitude for the stage, madam." A slumped Balimar laughs, his legs outstretched onto the chair-back in front of him.

The lady on the stage groans as Leosa's dance concludes. "Well that was ... something. Is that the best your lot can do, because I'm sure we could get better performances from the stack of also-rans over there. Certainly less rigid!"

Scarab Sages

male Wayang Illusionist 8/Veiled 1
Spoiler:
|AC 21*, T 17, FF 18*|HP: 54*/42|F +2, R +5, W +5 (+2 vs shadow/death/Evil*)|Init +3, Perc +4*|CMB +2 CMD 15|9/11 Blinding Rays, 7/8 Invisibility Field, 9/9 Veil, 1/1 Arcane Bond, 1/1 Jewel, #7

"I believe I have something to offer," Announces a strange little man sauntering on from the other side of the stage - it's Sihir!

Perception DC 10:
His eyes, though; as he moves closer, you notice there's something wrong with his eyes...namely, that they appear to have been replaced with little balls of twine.

"Presenting tonight's special performance," He continues...

DC 21 Will save:
The voice you are hearing is an act of ventriloquism!

"...The Amazing Balimar!!!"

Who, then, should follow Sihir onstage but...the ventriloquist gent currently sitting in the audience?!?

DC 23 Will save if interacted with:

"Say 'hello' to the audience, Balimar!" Sihir theatrically gestures to this second (third?!?) Balimar.

"Hello to the audience, Balimar!" Replies 'Balimar' with a vacuous expression and an exaggerated wave...

Disguise (if necessary), vocal alteration to sound like Balimar: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26

...then continues: "You know, Master Sihir, ventriloquism sure is thirsty work; have you anything to drink this evening?"

"I certainly do," Replies 'Sihir', who theatrically flails his arms before a fine bowl of punch appears floating in the air between them minor image, DC 22; the absurd conversation continues as they both drink their fill while the other talks.

Perform (Comedy) check, if necessary (and hopefully gaining a clever roleplaying/problem-solving bonus): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

Twine double in black circle

Saves:
Will Saves: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 291d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Will Saves: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 201d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Will Saves: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 241d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

The diva struts a few steps admiring the elaborate act. "Well that was at least something. However, not as entertaining as I would have hoped. And comedy is just so broad, don't you think? Not to mention, we already have a ventriloquist act should we need it. No! What I am wanting is PATHOS! So I guess I will just have to deliver it myself!"

Eliara screeches as she pulls the red roses she has been clutching apart in each hand and begins to grow to twice her size. Her legs begin to fuse into that of a snake as her show-birds slither down her side. Luckily, most of you anticipated the sudden turn of events and leap into action.

Strangely, you might notice the dummy in the seats wiggle his arms and mouth a few words as if casting a spell.

Spellcraft DC 21 if you can see him:
Displacement

Perception!:

perception Daedîn: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22
perception Lamont: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
perception Leosa: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
perception Not-Trixie: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25
perception Psycho Dread: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
perception River of Stars: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (20) + 32 = 52
perception Sihir Aneh: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

Initiative!:

Daedîn Init: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Lamont Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Leosa Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Not-Trixie Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Psycho Dread Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
River of Stars Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Sihir Aneh Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Purple Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Yellow Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Orange Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Red Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Pink Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Blue Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Lavender Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Cyan Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Surprise Round 1 - Bold can act
Daedîn
Pink Dummy
Psycho Dread
Sihir Aneh
Leosa
Lamont
Purple Snake Woman (Eliara)
Red Ventriloquist
Cyan ??? - behind curtain
Yellow Cockatrice
Not-Trixie
River of Stars <10 feet up>
Blue Grig
Orange Cockatrice
Lavender ??? - behind curtain

DC 18 Knowledge Local:
Eliara is apparently a Lamia Matriarch, a monstrous humanoid that drains wisdom with every attack. For each 5 you beat the DC feel free to ask other questions

The Sanguine Playhouse stage stands 4 feet above the auditorium’s floor level. A small stairway to either side leads from the audience level to the stage itself. I assumed River was 10 feet up as he was examining the bodies.

Sovereign Court

F CG Kitsune Wizard 7, Rogue 1, Trickster 1 | HP 45/48 | AC *22 T 14 FF *18 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +11, W: +9 | Init: +7 | Perc: *+22, SM: *+24, Low Light Vision | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 3/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 2/5 4th 3/3 | Reservoir 9/9 | Active conditions: mage armor, see invisibility, darkvision, Paranoid Observer, Shield

Knowledge (local) vs DC 18: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

"She's a lamia - try not to let her hit you, or she'll cloud your mind," Not-Trixie warns. With a swift motion, she flings a handful of golden glitter at the diva. "How's this for pizzaz?" she asks mockingly, frustrated at the performer's lack of empathy. Vendalfek, did you find an appropriate card?

Casting glitterdust in gold spread and using point of Reservoir to boost DC to Will 22.


Sure! I've got a lamia and a card referencing cockatrices. Do you have a preference?

Sovereign Court

F CG Kitsune Wizard 7, Rogue 1, Trickster 1 | HP 45/48 | AC *22 T 14 FF *18 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +5, R: +11, W: +9 | Init: +7 | Perc: *+22, SM: *+24, Low Light Vision | Speed 30 ft | Spells: 1st 3/6 2nd 3/5 3rd 2/5 4th 3/3 | Reservoir 9/9 | Active conditions: mage armor, see invisibility, darkvision, Paranoid Observer, Shield

Just pick one!


Alright, alright, no need to yell. Here's a card. Vendalfek proudly plays The Liar on Not-Trixie's head as he hovers in midair above her.

The Concordance

“River of Stars” | Male NG Medium Human Shaman 10 | HP 79/79 | AC 22 / 13 T / 20FF | CMD +6 CMD 18 | F +13, R +13, W +19 | Init +2 | Perc +32 SM +13 |Speed 40ft | Shapeshift 10/10 minutes, Flight 9/10 minutes, Stardust 4/4, Ancestor's Council 3/4|Lesser Toppling Rod 3/3, Pearl of Power 1/1|Active Conditions: frigid touch in armour, h. awareness, heroism, lucky #4, haste

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

River briefly considers fleeing from his rather exposed position, but he can't resist the chance to catch them all in a spell

He five-foot flies back and casts Slowing Mud on all of them. I think they're all within 30 feet of each other. DC 21 Fort save negates.

EDIT: I think I need to roll today's false Life False Life: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11. I also forgot to switch the Hunter's Blessing so I guess it'd still be on Evil Outsider

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper (UC Rogue) / 8th| HP:59/59| AC:23 T:16 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:24 | Saves F:+3 (+2 vs poison) R:+13 W:+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+13 | Per: +19

Daedîn fires at the yellow cockatrice...

To hit: Base/Dex, Weapon Focus, Magic, PBS, Rapid Shot, Haste
Damage: Magic, Strength, Sneak Attack, PBS, Deadly Aim

Longbow: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 23
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 4 = 13

Longbow (Rapid Shot): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 23
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 4 = 9

Longbow (Iterative): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 11
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 4 = 13

...and then moves 5' SE...

Sovereign Court

Female Wayang; Fighter (Gloomblade) 5/Shadowdancer 4 | HP 77/77| AC 27 T 17 FF 23 | CMB +13, CMD 28 | F: +11, R: +10, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +14 | Speed 20ft | Trap Spotter | Gloomstorm 9/9 | Shadow Shadow Speaker +3 4/day | Shadow Jump 5ft 8/day | Silent Image 2/day | Shadow Conjuration 1/day | Active conditions: Bless, Clay, Haste, H Blessing (Harrow, Dragon), L# 14

A scimitar pops into Leosa's hands as she disappears from the back room only to appear next to the ventriloquist and his dummy.

Gloomstorm, swift action weapon. Shadow Jump, move 25 ft.

You wouldn't be doing anything untoward would you?

She asks as she swipes at the dummy.

Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28
Damage: 1d4 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Grand Lodge

The Harrowing Maps and Handouts

It was a bit understated in my post, but this first round is a surprise round as far as your actions go.

501 to 550 of 892 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Erich's The Harrowing (Tier 8-10) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.