DM Lament Configuration's Carrion Hill

Game Master electricjokecascade

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H. P. Lovercraft, The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories

[Loot] | [Maps]


101 to 129 of 129 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

@GM: No problem! This is a busy thread. :)


Elize 'Lys' Brokenshield wrote:

Good luck, everyone!

GM, I'll admit, you've got a knack for Lovecraftian vibes - I've spent about half an hour already, unsuccessfully trying to understand your way of sorting applications, to glimpse into that foreign mind. The pattern, it drives me insane...

Though this be madness, yet there is method in it. Maybe.


Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone. I don't envy your difficult choice DM. Lots of good submissions.


Good luck everyone! GM, I've made some updates on my profile with some fun facts and equipment. I can get the rest of the crunch up if selected. The submissions have been great to read!


Good luck to everyone. Looking forward to seeing who gets in.


Good luck everyone!


Oddly enough, this was just published yesterday at McSweeney's.

Good luck, all!

Doug M.


Elize 'Lys' Brokenshield wrote:

Good luck, everyone!

GM, I'll admit, you've got a knack for Lovecraftian vibes - I've spent about half an hour already, unsuccessfully trying to understand your way of sorting applications, to glimpse into that foreign mind. The pattern, it drives me insane...

Isn't it just the standard arcane/martial/divine/skills divide? or is this a joke that flew over my head?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think its a joke about finding patterns where there are (or are not) any.

The walls close in, the shadows whisper of conspiracy.


Recognizing the pattern means you'll start with 1d6 less sanity than the rest of us. If you're lucky. If.

The countdown isn't helping. I'm expecting the moon to crash into us at the end of it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Outside the ordered universe rests that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan DM, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

And in six hours and thirty five minutes, he shall be set free to select his victims.


DM Lament Configuration wrote:

Outside the ordered universe rests that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan DM, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

And in six hours and thirty five minutes, he shall be set free to select his victims.

Implying we aren't all a dream and once those 6 hours pass we don't vanish with this dream world that was constructed in their sleeping subconsciousness.


DM Lament Configuration wrote:

Outside the ordered universe rests that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan DM, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

And in six hours and thirty five minutes, he shall be set free to select his victims.

Iä! Iä! DM! The Black Master of the Forums with a Thousand Young!


theasl wrote:
Isn't it just the standard arcane/martial/divine/skills divide? or is this a joke that flew over my head?

Ah, see that’s what you think at first. But something doesn’t seem quite right, so you take a closer look. Then you start asking questions like “Why is the Oracle listed with the skills characters?”

The next thing you know you’ve driven yourself insane trying to understand a pattern that is almost familiar and yet completely unpredictable.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Much as I'd love to write a dramatic deadline post at midnight, I'm going to be getting up before dawn to squeeze in as much writing as I can before my afternoon flight to Miami, so hard earned wisdom is compelling me to turn in now.

Still, barring any new submissions within the next hour and a half, I plan to write an official acceptance post tomorrow morning. Thanks for applying, everyone. It's been crazy tough trying to whittle the group down to five PC's.


I can but imagine. Looking forward to seeing your decision


Thanks Lament. Have a good flight.

And good luck to everyone!


The Hour Approaches

Don't lose your mind narrowing down your list, and have a good flight!


Ever_Anon wrote:
theasl wrote:
Isn't it just the standard arcane/martial/divine/skills divide? or is this a joke that flew over my head?

Ah, see that’s what you think at first. But something doesn’t seem quite right, so you take a closer look. Then you start asking questions like “Why is the Oracle listed with the skills characters?”

The next thing you know you’ve driven yourself insane trying to understand a pattern that is almost familiar and yet completely unpredictable.

Oracle, despite being a full caster, lends itself to different playstyles depending on mystery. Lore oracle (as this one is) is more of a skill-focused character, battle oracle would fit better with martials, flame oracle may as well be an arcane blastercaster. It makes more sense the more you think about it, not less.

I get that y'all are trying to set a mood, but it doesn't really work in this case.


Thank you, everyone, for applying. I take every application seriously, and the fact that so many talented writers submitted PC's made picking just five a challenging ordeal. I was up late last night reading submissions all over, clicking through sample posts, and even going so far as to check out other campaigns and aliases to get a better sense of you all.

In the end, I had to leave several excellent submissions on the table, and pick PC's that I felt best a) fit into the vision of the Carrion Hill game I want to run and b) worked well together with the other selections. I could have happily picked three or four more PC's to join the game, but alas, that would have resulted in my mind being broken, not yours.

So without further ado, I give you the chosen cast:

The Cast:
Walter
Yelena Stanescu
Kolthis Ironjaw
Elize 'Lys' Brokenshield
Maritine LeGrasse

The Discussion thread is now unlocked. I invite the group to head on over and begin introductions.

To everyone else, thank you again for your time and efforts. I look forward to hopefully playing with you in other games some day soon.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Have fun everyone!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good luck!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Congrats. Good luck to those hat made it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm a little sad but oh well!
Everyone have a great time!

Have fun. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Have fun, guys! Thanks for the consideration.

@GM, please keep me in mind in case of any openings.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Have fun!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Enjoy Team!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Congratulations and enjoy!


Congrats and Game On!

101 to 129 of 129 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / PF1 - DM Lament Configuration's Carrion Hill All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.