Cartmanbeck's Age of Ashes - PF2 Play-by-post

Game Master cartmanbeck

Google Slides Maps


251 to 300 of 823 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Religion 25: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Abalyn squints at the claw, thinking maybe she recognizes it, then shakes her head.


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

"Yes, now I remember - that sigil is from an ancient cult of Lamashtu. Believing her to have taken the aspect of a massively pregnant black dragon, they worshipped her as the goddess of dragons, bringer of wrath and destruction. They also believed that she would usher in a rebirth of the universe under the rule and control of dragons.

"Perhaps the dragon-people that Helba mentioned were the leaders of this cult then?"


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”That sounds... bad.” Abalyn glances back at the other group. ”So what’s the plan? It’s kind of late. Should we take Calmont back to the snake people and resume in the morning?”


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Continuing to talk to Calmont:
"What did her notes tell you about the elf gates?"


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Zim nods. "I think Warbal will be eager to know that her Bumblebrashers are safe now. I think we should head back. Let's see what the others think."

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Calmont to Hawk: "That there are elf gates! What else did I need to know? These things could be worth a fortune to rent to the right people. Now, can you get on with arresting me or whatever you adventurers do? This is boring and I'm hungry." Calmont quips, obviously not interested in trying to tease out real details on the elf gates... it would seem that he had little in the way of a real "plan" other than 1) to find the elf gates; 2) <big blank space>; 3) Profit!!


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"Did you summon that mephit and start the fire during the council meeiting at Breechill?"
If he says yes, I'll also ask "why?"

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

“Stupid question!” Calmont chides. “Of course I set that little spark. Whoosh! Aha! You should’ve seen everyone’s faces. How else was I supposed to stop that stupid council from sending heroes”—Calmont sneers at the word—“to Hellknight Hill? That would have interrupted my plan to find the elf gates! But now you’re here anyway. Bah!” Calmont slaps his own forehead in frustration. “Should have set an even bigger fire! I thought the stupid mephit guy would be way more effective. I found a scroll in Voz's stuff and used it to summon the little bugger.”


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 22/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

"So Voz had the scroll to summon the Mephit. Interesting..." Isiros chimes in. "Anyway, I'll arrest you since Hawk is boring you with questions" Isiros takes out his rope and puts together a rope-handcuff type knot. He puts Calmonts wrists into the knot and tightens it so Calmont cannot use his hands very well but still has some movement of his arms. "If you try anything funny, I can assure you I know more restrictive knots, but I trust you still want us to put in a good word for you and will behave."

"Hawk, let's go see what the plan is." Isiros says as he escorts Calmont over to the rest of the group.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk nods in agreement to Isiros, and walks with him over to the rest of the group. He shares what he learned with the others, then after he's caught up on what the goblins have said, Hawk says, "I think we should escort Calmont here back to town. Then we can return and help you with these cultists. In the meantime, we'll let Warbal know what's happened. She was quite concerned about your safety. But first, Calmont mentioned searching for elf gates. He called them 'Alseta’s Ring'. Have you come across any thing that would seem to match what he is talking about?"

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"Elf gates? No... Alseta Ring? Never heard of an Alseta
ring. Is it shiny? I bet it is. Rings are always shiny.
But there were no shiny rings in our vaults, I
can say. But there’s rooms even deeper, and
crypts too. We never go there, but maybe
the ring is hidden in there?"


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”There are secret crypts under the citadel?!” Abalyn’s eyes light up like it’s every holiday combined into one. ”Guys, we have to check this out! Think of all the secrets we could learn!” She glances at the dark sky, then Isiros, flinching as she twists her injured neck. ”But we should probably take Calmont back to town first. And Isiros needs to see a cleric.”


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 22/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

Isiros takes note of Abalyn's excitement, but when she mentions the Cleric he lets a subtle smile escape him. She really isn't going to let this go.

"Yes, let's get back to town so we can put in a good word for our friend Calmont here. And I can assure you I feel fine, no need for a cleric. Isiros responds. After a moment he adds "Before we get ahead of ourselves and go spelunking secret crypts, I would love to finish exploring the first floor of the Citadel when we return...


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”Isiros, you have a wasting disease. By its very definition, you feel fine now, but you’re going to slowly get worse and worse until you wither away to nothing. Is that really what you want?”


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

"If you don't think you're safe here... and it really doesn't look like you are, maybe you should come back to town with us? You can see Warbal and tell us more about the crypts and such." Ash suggests.

"Abalyn, do you know anything of Voz? Sounds awful suspicious, with the scrolls of fire mephit-ing and the pronouncing of Norgorber, but scholars get up to all kinds of things."

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"Thank you for offering to bring us back to town, but we should go into the woods and find our clan. I'll send someone back here each day to check in with you, find out when you're ready to go down into the basement and show you the way. That way you can tell us when you've cleared our home of nasty cultists!

Helba looks thoughtful for a second. "Tell cousin Warbal we're as safe as we can be, thanks to you. We will try to keep in touch better with her."


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”I don’t know anything about Voz we don’t already know, except that she apparently took advantage of non-existent labor laws.”

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

So, does the group want to camp out before bringing Calmont back, or take him back now, in the dark? It's about 9pm, and it would take you about 4-5 hours to hike back.


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

I want to head back.


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 22/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

Isiros clears his throat "Well, I think we should head back now. I'm eager to deliver Calmont and put in a good word in for his full cooperation. "


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"Heading back now sounds reasonable."

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

The group begins their trek back to town, the darkness enveloping them as they follow the path through the forest back to Breechill.

SECRET THINGS THAT ARE SECRET:

hmmmm?: 1d100 ⇒ 74 Oh yeah, you're definitely gettin' attacked.
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Isiros: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Ash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Hawk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Zim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Abalyn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Ash Stealth for Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

About an hour into your hike to town, most of you hear some very slight shaking in a bush just a bit ahead. When you slow and peer forward, a creature jumps out into the light from the bushes to the right, and another from the left! The two creatures are small, blue-colored, with wide mouths full of teeth and very large ears. They almost resemble blue goblins. They each carry a small dagger-like knife.

We're going to see if we can do a combat without a map here. If it doesn't work, I'll make one. At the moment, you can assume that both creatures are within 20 feet of the party.

Round 1 (Bold can act)
Abalyn
Isiros
Hawk
Zim

Monsters
Calmont
Ash


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 22/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

Isiros strides and attempts a powerful strike at the closest creature. "Calmont, behave if you still want the good word put in for you!

Longsword (Power Attack): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 8) + 4 = 17

Silver Crusade

Seeing Isiros hack the creature practically in half, Abalyn decides to hang back and watch Calmont.

Recall Knowledge: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Draw weapon, recall knowledge, whatever I need to do to make sure Calmont stays put

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Isiros' sword sinks into the tiny creature's shoulder, giving it a grievous wound.

Nature DC 15:

These creatures are jinkins, sadistic fey creatures who like to curse items and attack weary travelers just for the fun of it. They're known to be sneaky and are weak to cold iron.

Round 1 (Bold can act)
Abalyn
Isiros
Hawk
Zim

Monsters
Calmont
Ash


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Nature 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
"Jinkins!" shouts Hawk. "These are sneaky little fey. Too bad I don't think we have any cold iron."
Hawk casts Electric Arc (should be able to hit both creatures I think).
electricity damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
electricity damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Reflex save

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Reflex saves vs. DC 17:

Reflex Jinkin 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Reflex Jinkin 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Wow. That's nuts.

Both Jinkins jump entirely out of the way of Hawk's arc of electricity, and they point and laugh at his ineffectiveness.

Round 1 (Bold can act)
Abalyn
Isiros
Hawk
Zim
Jinkins
Calmont
Ash


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Zim is exhausted, but still has one new trick to try. He draws on the energy stored in his staff (Arcane Bond, Drain Bonded Item) and casts Magic Missile at one of the Jinkins.

3 actions.
Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4, 1) + 3 = 9

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

One of the jinkins perishes under the combined onslaught of Isiros and Zimbartel. The other screams in anger and steps over to Isiros, trying to stabby-stab him.

tiny shortsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 damage: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 1 damage.
again!: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 5 = 13 damage: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

Calmont, well-watched by Abalyn, stays put. He knows better than to try to run if you're not all heavily distracted.

Round 1 (Bold can act)
Abalyn
Isiros
Hawk
Zim

Jinkin
Calmont
Ash


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

"Surrender now, Jinkins, before Isiros shiskajinkins you!"
Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Sadly, the back half of that sentence is a tongue twister that trips our tired oracle.

So on comes his trademark "warning fireball",
vs AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Fire: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

"OK, Isiros, I've never done this before... I hope it works!" Zim shouts, before casting Magic Weapon on Isiros sword. The target becomes a +1 striking weapon, gaining a +1 item bonus to attack rolls and increasing the number of weapon damage dice to two.


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”Oh, no! Do you think this is the next wave of the fey invasion?”

Abalyn keeps her attention on Calmont.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Round 2 (Bold can act)
Abalyn
Isiros
Hawk

Zim
Jinkin (-6)
Calmont
Ash


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 22/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

Isiros yells "Is that it?!" as the dagger scratches him slightly. He retaliates with another strike of his longsword "Lets hope this works Zimbartel!"

Strike Power Attack (magic Weapon): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Damage: 3d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5, 1) + 4 = 11

He then Raises his shield (AC 18)

Actions: 1&2 Power Attack, 3 Raise Shield


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Trying different tactic, Hawk casts Acid Splash.
attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
acid damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
+1 persistent acid damage if that is a critical success

Then lends some help to Isiros
Cast Guidance on Isiros

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Isiros swipes across the jinkin's chest, opening a wide wound. The creature is not looking very good, but is still standing. But then Hawk tosses some acid at it, and it's JUST enough to finish the creature off. They carried no treasure other than their tiny short swords.

Out of Combat!

The rest of the trek back to Breechill is uneventful. When you arrive, it's after 2 in the morning, and no one is awake. Do you want to try to wake someone to deal with Calmont, or watch him yourselves until morning?


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"Doesn't this town keep some guards on watch at night? No wonder mephits are setting buildings on fire."

I'd rather get decent rest, so if we can find some guards to wake up, that seems good to me.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

You do find a pair of guards "on duty" in a small tower at the border of the town, but they were clearly asleep before you walked up.

I was really asking if you wanted to wake one of the town councilors. :)


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”Hello!” Abalyn greets the guards. ”We caught the perpetrator of the fire! Can you lock him up somewhere for the night?”

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"Huh? Whuh? Fire? OH! Calmont, you cad! Yes, ma'am, we'll lock him up good. Jack, go brew us some coffee!"

I assume you'll be resting for 8 hours to regain spells and such? That'll put you in mid-morning before you can do much else.


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

I’m’a Medicine myself before I go to bed.

Medicine 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Heals: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

I feel better.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"Does anyone know of where we might be able to find a place to rest for the night? Or at least what is left of it?"


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

"Abalyn, do you happen to live in a mansion?"

Assuming not, "Well, we should find an inn to sleep in, likely. Which ones are still open at this hour? You'd be surprised, but few inns like being woken in the dead of night by a goblin hammering on their already-barred door, so I've gotten pretty experienced at either showing up early or roughing it. Not that roughing it would be bad here. We can figure out a watch schedule and chore rotation. Anyone good at cooking?"

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

There are several inns to choose from, and I assume that you would just go to the closest one since you're all likely exhausted.

The next day, in the late morning, you awake and find a guard waiting for you. "The council would like to speak with all of you."

When you arrive at the council chambers, the councilors are assembled (the walls behind them still have lots of scorch marks, but are intact). Calmont is standing in front of them, flanked by guards.

"Adventurers, thank you for returning this arsonist. We are in your debt. I would like to hear what happened, in your own words. It will help with the sentencing."


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

"Oh, sure. He did it cause he was greedy and thinks there's treasure in the citadel. He wanted to make a distraction here to keep us away while he looked. Once he got there, he put a knife to the goblin chief's throat to make them show where the treasure was, except they had no idea what he was talking about. We managed to get there just in time before he killed her." Ash takes a breath, looking thoughtful.

"So, a lot of arson and attempted murder, but because we keep being there at the right time, no successful murders! And whatever crime taking a hostage is. Kidnapping?"


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 22/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

Isiros chimes in, "For what it's worth he did surrender, but only after he lost control of the hostage and was clearly outmatched with no where to go so I'm not sure that will have much weigh to it. Oh, and he felt like adventurers were going to ruin his plans of finding treasure and he said he should've started a bigger fire suggesting that if the fire was bigger than we wouldn't have been able to stop him...because we'd be dead. His main motivation seems to be that he felt overworked and wanted to escape Voz's employment." Having said his piece, Isiros thinks carefully for a moment, then nods his head. Yup, that's about it

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"Well, you were clearly the right group to send. We are in your debt. You may have your payment, of course. Do you intend to return to Hellknight Hill?"

She sets a bag of gold pieces on the table in front of her, your payment of 20 gold for tracking down Clamont and contacting the goblins.


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

"Thanks! Yeah, we'd like to go back and help fix some problems there. If you want to hire us to work on anything else, we're good with that."

Regardless, Ash would like to get back to the citadel as soon as possible, to help find out about the dragon cultists and rescue some goblins.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Would you want to ask the council about any of the other things you found out? They could be valuable sources of information, but you also might have reasons not to tell them about Alseta's Ring or the cultists, etc. Completely up to you all.


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

Ash isn't asking or telling, certainly.

251 to 300 of 823 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cartmanbeck's Age of Ashes - PF2 Play-by-post All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.