Cartmanbeck's Age of Ashes - PF2 Play-by-post

Game Master cartmanbeck

Google Slides Maps


351 to 400 of 837 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Isiros opens the door after Abalyn checks it for traps.

Rows of large, metal-and-stone lockboxes line the winding walls of this storeroom, as do occasional shelves and what look like filing cabinets intended for the storage of documents. The lockboxes hang ajar, having been opened and emptied long ago. A set of obvious tracks in the dusty floor suggest someone recently moved about in here. A pile of ashes and a few melted candle stubs lie atop a low table in the center of the room.

A young man wearing heavy armor is currently making his way carefully through the vaults, obviously searching for something. He raises his eyes to the group as they enter the room.

"Well then, who might you all be?"

The man doesn't seem overtly hostile or even very interested in you all, other than out of curiosity.

Lore (Hellknights) 15:

You recognize the man's armor as that of a Hellknight Armiger, a trainee who has not yet gained full Hellknight status.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

GM Rolls- don't read!:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

"I'm Ash, nice to meet you!"

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Abalyn is on the scene:

Abalyn notices that the young man seems to be looking for something small, as he was digging through relatively small debris when the group opened the door.


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn wonders if this is one of the cultists the goblins warned the party of. She knows they’re underground in the citadel, but she doesn’t know the layout of the citadel or where the goblins reside. Though if this guy is down here, he almost certainly knows Vox passes this way. She decides to tread carefully and let Ash do the talking.


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 32/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

Lore: Hellknights: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

I'm Isiros, And you are?" Isiris is reminded he probably should have been walking around with his sword in hand, but does not draw it now.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

The man offers a disarming, charming smile. “Armiger Alak Stagram of the Order of the Nail. Formerly of Citadel Altaerein, currently of Citadel Vraid in Varisia.” He gives a formal bow. “How nice to meet you in this beautiful and well-kept estate.”


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn doesn’t trust this guy. Like, at all. What is he doing here? Now, of all times.

Perception to Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Oh, hm. But he seems to be telling the truth.

”What brings you to the Citadel?”

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

“I’ve taken a short leave of absence from the Order of the Nail to attend to some personal business.”


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”You seemed to be looking for something. Do you need help?”

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"I..." he hesitates for a moment. "I was told that a priceless heirloom of my family is stored somewhere in the citadel. I would like to find it. I hope you don't wish to stop me from doing so?" he says, standing up a bit straighter, obviously ready to defend his right to whatever the heirloom might be if necessary.


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 32/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

"Well, we are sorting through this fine estate to deal with some cultists that are up to no good. It seems that our interests align, we'd be willing to help look for your family heirloom while investigating signs of the cultists. Would you care to join us?" Isiros asks, still at ease

diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn considers taking Isiros aside and pointing out that a.) searching for an heirloom and rooting out cultists are not at all the same goal and b.) how did this Alek Stagram even get here??

But, she reasons. Stagram does seem to be telling the truth, and he is kinda cute. So I guess it’s not the end of the world if he comes with.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Alak ruminates for a moment. "I'll agree to aid you in exploring this place with some stipulations. One, the heirloom is mine, without question. I can guarantee you that its sentimental value to myself dwarfs its potential value in any market.
Two, anything else we find of value in this place must be evaluated for its significance to the Order of the Nail, and I reserve the right to confiscate anything that should not be in the hands of outsiders and return it to Citadel Vraid. That said, if it is not worthy of confiscation, I will allow you to do what you will with those items, and will not ask for a share of their value. You look like a reasonable lot, especially you, Isiros, so I'm confident that you'll recognize and respect any items significant to the Order.
Three, we will not desecrate the bodies of any of those interred here. Valuables buried with them may be evaluated for significance as well.
Do you agree to these terms?"


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Zim is a little stunned at the Alak's intensity, but he has no real interest in the Order of the Nail anyway. "Makes no difference to me," he shrugs. He is curious how some of the others will react though.


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Well, he’s certainly take-charge-y. ”Don’t you think if things were important to the Order, they would have taken them when they left?” asks Abalyn more out of curiosity than objection. And if his family heirloom turns out to be crazy evil, I can always steal it back. It seems to be small.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"I don't expect we'll find a horde of treasures invaluable to the Order, but it is possible that those interred here had important relics buried with them. I'm simply making sure the terms of our arrangement are well-established." He still seems relatively indifferent to your existence, and clearly would be just fine with letting you go explore on your own, as long as he's allowed to continue his search for his family heirloom. That said, he clearly seems capable of handling himself in a fight, and may be useful to your party if you were to run into dangers.


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn shrugs. ”Okay by me.” She looks at the others.


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 32/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

"Seems like a reasonable arrangement. We did find this in the room over that might be of interest to the Order" Isiros says as he slowly reaches into his backpack and pulls out the folded banner. "It's insignias may have value to the Order, though the banner was used in battle by the disgraced Paralictor Saem-Kyrs so perhaps it was intentional that the banner and insignias were left". He offers the banner for inspection.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Alak visibly relaxes, seeing that the group is indeed reasonable. He takes the banner and looks it over for a moment. "You're quite right, this banner was probably not deemed worth trekking to Citadel Vraid because of its history. I see no reason that you couldn't keep it."

He straightens and smiles at the group. "This place is a ruin, a relic of the past. Most of its valuables were taken to Varisia, after all, and what’s left behind—with some few exceptions—is of little value. Plus, you seem industrious. I like that,” Alak says.
“Such a shame our old home has been so gutted—I’d have liked it if we could have kept a contingent here, just for tradition’s sake. But the Order of the Nail has queens to serve and law to uphold. Now, then. The item I'm searching for is a signet ring belonging to my late father, and I was told that it was kept here in 'a safe place' prior to the deaths of both my parents. I very much would like to find it. I have already searched a trial chamber in the aboveground portion of the citadel... had to fight some imps from a summoning trap up there, in fact. But I think this vault might be the best place to find it."

He continues to look around the room, and after checking a few more floor lockers, he reverently pulls a small box out from a vault with a false bottom. He pulls a key from his belt, unlocks the box, and finds his family’s signet ring placed carefully there on a bed of crushed velvet. The armiger slips the ring on a finger and is quiet for several moments, then smiles with wistful charm.
“I remember sitting on my father’s lap and turning this ring on his finger when I was but a boy,” the armiger says, his voice solemn, rich, and deep.

After a few more moments of contemplation, he stands. "Well now, let's see what else this old place holds, shall we? I will warn you, there were a few undead creatures in the rooms I passed through on my way in here. They left me be, probably because of my cloak... he is wearing a cloak with the symbol of the Order of the Nail embroidered on it. "But we may not be so lucky when you're traveling with me. I'd quite like to put the creatures down, anyway... undead desecrating this place doesn't sit right with me."

If you all decide to search the room along with him:

Perception DC 20:

You find under some loose papers on a shelf in the corner four scrolls: a scroll of darkness, a scroll of darkvision, a scroll of heal, and a scroll of magic missile. A silver religious symbol of two faces in profile sits atop these scrolls like a paperweight. This religious symbol is non-magical, but finely crafted.
Religion DC 15:
Spoiler:

This is a holy symbol of the goddess Alseta. It seems odd to find such a symbol in the keep of hellknights.

If you examine the ashes and melted candles on the table toward the center of the room:

Identify Magic DC 20 (Arcane, Divine, or Occult):

Someone likely performed some sort of necromantic ritual here to communicate with lingering spirits of the dead.


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn decides to be chatty while searching the room. ”So, Alak, why did the Order of the Nail leave the Citadel?”

Perception 20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

”Ooh, more magic.”

Religion 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

”And some kind of holy symbol.”


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 32/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

Isiros accepts Alak's inspection and again stores the banner in his backpack. "My sincere condolences for your loss." He pauses for a moment and continues "Considering we were going to go room by room through this Citadel to begin with I see no reason we won't be able to find your signet ring if it is still here."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Isiros begins searching but finds nothing


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Perception 20: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Zim searches the shelves in one corner of the room and finds some scrolls (scroll of darkness, a scroll of darkvision, a scroll of heal, and a scroll of magic missile). He also finds some silver object bearing a symbol of two faces, (Religion 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7), but he does not recognize it. He holds it up. "Anyone know what this is?"

He looks at the object Abalyn found, but doesn't recognize it either.

Identify Magic (Arcane) 20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Zim doesn't see anything interesting about the candles.


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn looks at the candles.

Religion 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

They look like candles to her.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

“Alas, I am not sure why the Order abandoned this outpost. This is my first visit here, in fact. I know only the few rooms I’ve explored so far, having grown up in Varisia, and I lacked the proper clearance to reference my Order’s cartographic archives,” Alak says.

"It looks like we've combed this room sufficiently. Did you want to explore another area?"

There are two doors that exit to the west. Alak indicates that he came through the northern of the two doors, and that's where he saw some undead creatures milling about.


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”Undead or unknown?” asks Abalyn. ”I’m always going to vote unknown.”


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

After he introduces himself, Hawk examines the candles and ash.
Identify Magic (Arcane) 20: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
"Hmm... these candles and ashes seem the kind of thing that would have been used in a necromantic ritual for someone trying to communicate with lingering spirits of the dead. Alak, was this something you do were doing in an effort to find your ring? Or was it left here by someone before you?"
Religion 15: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
"I don't think I'm familiar with that symbol on though."

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"I had nothing to do with whatever was done there," he remarks. "Necromancy is beyond my capabilities, to say nothing of my interests."

He takes a look at the symbol.
Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 "I don't recognize it either. Not a deity of Law, I'd wager, otherwise I'm sure I'd know it. Curious that it's here..."


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

"From which direction did you enter the keep? We have previously explored some of the main level, and were intending to try to head back in that direction from here. Do you know how to get back up?"

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"I came through a tunnel in the hill, after seeing that the stairs to get down here had collapsed. Wasn't easy to find, but I found a goblin to show me. Had to threaten her a bit, and then she ran off into the woods. This was maybe... two days ago? Hard to count the time when you're in a basement like this."


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Zim looks to the others "Do we want to head back out to that tunnel? It might be our best shot of getting back to the main level."


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 32/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

Religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Isiros also inspects the religous symbol but does not recognize anything.

"I say we end the Undead creatures. No question, but first, Ash, what do you make of this religious symbol? "

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"Well then, that door's the one to open." Alak says, indicating the northern of the two doors. "Isiros, my friend, would you like to take point with me?"


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 32/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

Isiros draws his sword and shield. "Most certainly!" he says. A chance to impress a hellknight, Wouldn't pass this up!. Isiros heads to the northern door and opens it.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Isiros sees a long, narrow room, entirely dark inside.
Along the southern wall here is a large relief carving of a sunburst made of nails. Instead of typical flagstones, the floor is made up of headstones with names and dates. Curiously, six of the headstones seem to be pried open to reveal empty graves within.

You do hear movement, however... several somethings shuffling and scraping toward you. In the light coming through the doorway, you can see them heading in your direction... skeletons!

Initiatives:

skeletons: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
skelly champ: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Isiros: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Ash (Stealth): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Hawk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Zim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Abalyn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Alak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Round 1 - bold may act
Abalyn
Alak

Skeletons
Ash
Hawk
Another skeleton
Isiros
Zim

Alak steps past Isiros, coming up to the nearest skeleton. The skeleton starts to lower its scimitar, but then Alak swings his greatsword at it.
Greatsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
His swing goes wide, and he tries again.
Greatsword: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 10 - 5 = 24 damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
This time he scores a clear hit on the skeleton, and despite its bony nature, it is utterly destroyed.

Silver Crusade

Abalyn moves up behind Isiros and peers over his shoulder.

Religion on little guys: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Religion on big guy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Abalyn can tell the the five skeletons, including the one that Alak just destroyed, were fairly standard skeleton guards, each carrying a scimitar and a bow. Bludgeoning weapons will be best suited to destroying them, and like most undead, they would be damaged by healing spells, and are immune to death effects, disease, paralysis, poison, and sleep effects.

The larger, more intimidating undead creature looks to be some sort of semi-intelligent skeleton, wearing hellknight armor. It does not look to have the same proclivity to bludgeoning weapons as the other skeletons... there's enough flesh and the bones are brittle enough that piercing and slashing weapons should work normally on it. However, it looks to be in charge of the other skeletons, and will likely command them to act in more tactical ways than standard skeletons might. Its halberd looks to be wickedly sharp, and may cause extra pain when a creature is hit by it. It otherwise has the same immunities as described for the regular skeletons.

The two skeletons closer to the party step up to Alak, expertly avoiding the holes they'd climbed out of, and swing their scimitars at him, then also attack him with their other claw.

scimitar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
claw (agile): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 4 = 12 damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

scimitar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 crit damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 => 10
claw (agile): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 4 = 10 damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Only one of the attacks gets past Alak's armor, but that one is a strong hit, the scimitar slicing him deeply across the gut where there's a thin gap in his armor.

The two rear skeletons pull out their shortbows and fire twice at Alak. Their skeletal allies block their shots somewhat, however.

shortbow: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 1 = 18 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
shortbow: 1d20 + 6 - 5 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 5 - 1 = 2 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

shortbow: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 1 = 8 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
shortbow: 1d20 + 6 - 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 5 - 1 = 16 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Lucky for Alak, his armor protects him from the arrows, and none of them hurt him.

Round 1 - bold may act
Abalyn
Alak (-10)
Skeletons (4)
Ash
Hawk

Skeletal hellknight
Isiros
Zim


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

Ash moves up slowly through the doorway and is impressed by all the arrows bouncing off Alak. He chucks a ball of fire towards the northern skeleton, to avoid singing Alak, then adds.

Atk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Fire: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"Ooh, they give you hellknights good armor, don't they! Let us know when you're really hurt, though."

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

The ball of fire engulfs the skeleton, definitely dealing some damage to it, but it doesn't seem as damaged as you might expect.
Looks like these skeletons are also resistant to fire! If Abalyn hadn't rolled quite so all-and-nothing on her two rolls, you probably would have knows that before. :)

Round 1 - bold may act
Abalyn
Alak (-10)
Skeletons (4 [0,0,0,-3])
Ash
Hawk
Skeletal hellknight
Isiros
Zim


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk strides into the room and off to the side a bit. He then casts Eletric Arc at the closest 2 skeletons. (Moving close enough that I can cast heal with 3 actions to get everything in a 30 ft radius next turn.)

Electricity damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Electricity damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Relex save

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Reflex skelly 1 (DC 17): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Reflex skelly 2 (DC 17): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

One skeleton is hit by the electricity, but doesn't look to take any damage at all from it. The other skeleton does an incredible Matrix-style bend backward to completely avoid the electricity.

The skeletal hellknight steps forward and swings his wicked-looking halberd at Alak, ready to destroy this clearly false hellknight.. why else would he attack the guardians of this place?

halberd: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14 damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
halberd: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 5 = 24 damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

He misses with the first swing, but catches the edge of Alak's armor with his upswing and leaves a cut along the man's arm. Alak grimaces, then his eyes widen...
Will DC 17: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 He feels for a moment as if nails are being shoved into his flesh, but shakes off the feeling before it can have any real effect on him.

The skeletal hellknight then points with one bony finger at Alak, clearly issuing some sort of unholy command to his skeletal allies.

Round 1 - bold may act
Abalyn
Alak (-17)
Skeletons (4 [0,0,0,-3])
Ash
Hawk
Skeletal hellknight
Isiros
Zim


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 32/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

Isiros approaches the skeletal hellknight and strikes at it with his longsword. He then raises his shield

Strike Longsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

1. Stride. 2. Strike. 3. Raise Shield (AC 18)

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Isiros swings at the skeletal hellknight, but his sword glances off its armor.

Round 1 - bold may act
Abalyn
Alak (-17)
Skeletons (4 [0,0,0,-3])
Ash
Hawk
Skeletal hellknight
Isiros
Zim


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Zim conjures 3 little blasts of energy and targets them on the large skeleton.
Magic Missile, 3 actions
Force Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) + 3 = 11

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Zim's force missiles slam into the skeleton, dealing some decent damage to it.

Abalyn steps into the room, draws her sling, and shoots a rock from it at the normal skeleton nearest Isiros.
sling: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Unfortunately her rock flies to the side of the skeleton.

Alak steps over to the skeletal hellknight, past its wicked halberd, and swings his greatsword at it twice.

greatsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
greatsword: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 5 = 6 damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

His first swing solidly hits the skeleton, hitting precisely the spot where Zim's missiles had just slammed into it... and he crushes the thing to pieces!

The other skeletons' jaws open as if they're screaming at you, then continue their assault on Alak, though they look less threatening without their leader.

skelly 1 scimitar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
skelly 1 scimitar: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 5 = 3 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
skelly 1 scimitar: 1d20 + 6 - 10 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 10 = 4 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

skelly 2 scimitar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
skelly 2 scimitar: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 5 = 12 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
skelly 2 scimitar: 1d20 + 6 - 10 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 10 = 0 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

skelly 3 shortbow: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 10 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
skelly 3 shortbow: 1d20 + 6 - 5 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 5 - 1 = 12 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

skelly 4 shortbow: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 1 = 18 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
skelly 4 shortbow: 1d20 + 6 - 5 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 5 - 1 = 8 damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Only a few of these strikes make it past Alak's impressive armor. He is beginning to look fairly bloodied. Only the two highest scimitar attacks hit him, FYI.

Round 2 - bold may act
Abalyn
Alak (-25)
Skeletons (4 [0,0,0,-3])
Ash
Hawk
Isiros
Zim


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Zim moves to the entrance of the room, and spots a stone that has crumbled from the wall in the hallway that he shoots at the undamaged skeleton closest to Hawk and Alak.

Telekenetic Projectile (double damage on crit)
Spell Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 32/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

Isiros maneuvers between Hawk and the Skeleton. He then strikes the skeleton closest to Alak (in the middle of the hallway, or the remaining skeleton in range if that one is dead

Power Strike w/longsword (Slashing): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 = 13

Actions: 1. Stride, 2&3 power strike

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Both of the scimitar-wielding skeletons are destroyed by Zim and Isiros' strong attacks!

Round 2 - bold may act
Abalyn
Alak (-25)
Skeletons (4 [0,0,0,-3])
Ash
Hawk

Isiros
Zim


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

To Alak: "You seem to be taking more out of them they they are out of you, but only by a bit. Let me patch you up a bit."
Casts Heal on Alak
Heal: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

To Isiros: "Let's make sure you land your next blow"
Cast Guidance on Isiros.


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

"Never fought skeletons before. Who knew they were resistant to fire. And electricity."

Ash continues moving forward.

"But there's always more fire." He hurls another ball of flame down the corridor.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Fire: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"And even when it doesn't destroy, it still changes, and illuminates."

351 to 400 of 837 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cartmanbeck's Age of Ashes - PF2 Play-by-post All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.