Cartmanbeck's Age of Ashes - PF2 Play-by-post

Game Master cartmanbeck

Google Slides Maps


101 to 150 of 792 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Missed Ash's questions about the Bumblebrashers. Quick ret-conn:
"Helba is my cousin, and the leader, and she's a good one. The Bumblebrashers' home is in the basement of the citadel, and they normally only venture up into the main citadel occasionally... the dark is more comfortable for them."


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 22/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

"I am nearly ready to go to the citadel. Just a few more stitches," Isiros states matter-of-factly, trying to hide his excitement.

Treat Wounds (Abalyn): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Heal Abalyn: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 7) = 8 full hp

Assuming one hour has passed since I last healed myself, I'll take 10 minutes to heal now or as soon as able
Treat Wounds (Isiros): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Heal Abalyn: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 7) = 14 full hp


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk decides it is best to prepare for the coming darkness. He asks Isiros to hold out his sword then casts Light on it.

"Now, lets see if there is anything magical at work here," he says, casting Detect Magic as he walks from one door to the next and back to the party.

Cast Light and Detect Magic


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn focuses, trying to recall everything she knows about Calmont. Take the case, Calmont

She maintains a steady stream of cheerful dialogue on the way up to the Citadel. When they arrive, she recommends everyone stand back as she searches the main door for traps.

Perception ??: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Hawk's detection spell reveals no magical auras coming from behind the "main door", and a few very weak magical auras coming from behind the other door.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Abalyn detects no traps on either door or the surrounding area.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"Well, let's start off the polite way," Hawk knocks on the main door of the citadel.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Behind the door, you suddenly hear a cacophany of barking and scratching sounds.
Nature may give you an idea of what type of creatures they are.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Nature ??: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Hawk recognizes the barks as those of a group of goblin dogs. These are dog-sized ratlike creatures that goblins generally take a shining to. It's likely they were left in the chamber behind this door as guards of some kind.


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Assuming Abalyn gets the same info

”Maybe we should go to the other door. No sense killing the goblins’ guards if we don’t have to.”


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"That sounds reasonable to me. There appears to be some magic behind the second door, so let's be prepared."


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

"I like playing with dogs, but those sound more eat-your-face than lick-your-face, so good plan! For the next door, do we want to try to sneak it open and take a peek, since knocking didn't do well there? According to Warbal, the goblins live in the basement, so anything up here might not be goblins, or might be whatever's causing them problems."

Ash starts to sneak quietly towards the other door, in case that's helpful.


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”Hold up a bit. Let me check it for traps.”

Perception??: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 22/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

"Agreed Ash, and I see no reason to knock if the owners abandoned the Citadel. Isiros moves over to the other door. He also takes the time to look around at the castle, checking on the condition of the walls Seeing if there's a chance of wall collapsing as we enter

Architecture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Isiros draws his sword and raises his shield. Presuming the walls are not at risk of collapse he tries to open the door and enter

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Abalyn saw no traps near or on the secondary door, and Isiros sees no reason to think the walls would fall down... this part of the citadel looks sound.

As he opens the door, whose hinges creak a bit, Isiros sees a large, oddly-shaped room with several doors to the south and west.

This dingy room is littered with toppled bunk beds and broken furniture, and doors to small but more private bedchambers hang open along the western and southern walls. In the room’s center, bed frames are stacked upon each other to form a sort of fort, with filthy and ripped bedding draped over the top to form its ceiling and walls.

From the middle of the pile of beds and furniture, a creature sticks its head out. "You don't belong here!!" it yells, and charges toward the door, holding a menacing-looking knife.

Society 16 (one-action Recall Knowledge):

This is a bugbear, a humanoid creature distantly related to goblins. These stealthy and cruel goblinoid creatures delight in spreading fear and tormenting their victims. Bugbears are the monsters lurking in the closet and hiding under the bed. Preying on remote farmsteads, bugbears reveal their presence with thumps in the night or creaks of boards to build lurking dread and arouse suspicion and fear. They often can speak common and goblin.

Initiative:

creature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Abalyn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Ash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Isiros: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Zim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Hawk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Turn order, round 1 (bold can act)
Abalyn
Creature
Isiros
Hawk
Zim
Ash


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn studies the target for weak points and attempts to identify him.

Perception vs Will DC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Society: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Abalyn moves in and attempts to stab the creature.

Attack!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Abalyn recognizes the bugbear, and describes what she knows of such creatures as she stabs it in the thigh.

The bugbear steps out from the furniture pile, growls gutterally at Abalyn, and swings her own short blade at her.
dagger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 The knife slices her arm deeply.
Then she attempts to grab Abalyn with her other hand. grapple Athletics: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 5 = 21 Abalyn is not only grabbed, but the bugbear wraps her arm around Abalyn in such a way that she cannot use her weapon. You're grabbed until the end of the bugbear's next turn. You can attempt an Escape check on your turn to be no longer grabbed.

Turn order, round 1 (bold can act)
Abalyn (5 damage, grabbed)
Bugbear (7 damage)
Isiros
Hawk
Zim
Ash


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk strides forward and attacks the creature with Electric Arc.
Stride, Cast Electirc Arc

Reflex DC 17
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 The bugbear dodges a bit out of the way, and is only a little scorched.

Turn order, round 1 (bold can act)
Abalyn (5 damage, grabbed)
Bugbear (10 damage)
Isiros
Hawk
Zim
Ash


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 22/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

"Not so fast!" Isiros yells as he charges the creature and makes two swipes with his sword. He's set himself up in a flanking position, provided Abalyn is able to escape and threaten the foe.
Strike longsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Strike Longsword minus MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 5 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Isiros has not raised his shield my understanding my shield drops at start of my turn, but prepares himself to attack if the creature moves

Actions: Stride, strike, strike. Will use AoO if creature moves

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Isiros' sword swipes across the bugbear twice, leaving two gaping lines of red. She screams in agony and rage.

Turn order, round 1 (bold can act)
Abalyn (5 damage, grabbed)
Bugbear (25 damage)
Isiros
Hawk
Zim
Ash


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

Ash shouts, anger in his voice, and flames springing to life in both hands. "Drop her now, or you're cooked!"
Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 The last sadly comes out as a cough and a squeak. Guess he still had some soot in there.

Ash hurls a warning ball of fire. Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Fire: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Into her face.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

The bugbear is not intimidated by Ash's weak threats, but then she sees a ball of fire streaking toward her face, and after it hits, she screams and flails at the fire, letting go of Abalyn.

"Stop! Stop killing Yoletcha! You can have stupid home! Just let Yoletcha go!"

It would seem that she's willing to surrender.


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Zimbartel was just about to prepare a spell aimed at the bugbear, when the bugbear, apparently named Yoletcha, surrenders. Zim stops before it is too late - he has no interest in hurting a creature that is not trying to hurt him.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Seeing the adventurers step back, obviously not interested in killing her, Yoletcha smiles broadly and lowers her knife. "Thanks you! Yoletcha doesn't want to die. This place not worth it. Can.... Yoletcha go? Promise not to come back and stab you or anything."

Sense Motive 14:

Yoletcha seems sincere in her promise to leave and never return if you let her go.


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn coughs as Yoletcha releases her bugbear hug. ”Thanks, Yoletcha.”

Perception 14: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

”We’re not going to hold you against your will, but would you mind answering a few questions first?”

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"Questions? Okay, what your questions?" She seems receptive enough.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Perception 14: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"We were sent here to check on the Bumblebrashers tribe of goblins. Are you familiar with the tribe and have you seen them recently?"

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"The gobbos that live downstairs? Some came... week ago, maybe? Saw Yoletcha's home, told Yoletcha they wanted no troubles. Yoletcha told them to bring her some food. They didn't do it. Yoletcha was thinking of going downstairs to teach them lesson, but door is buried... not worth Yoletcha's time."

Yoletcha pauses for a second, her left ear pricking up. "Can't you hear them? I hear gobbos yelling. Out in courtyard, maybe?" She points to the northern door of the room. "That way."

Please give me a Perception check to hear what she's referring to. You can also attempt a Diplomacy or Intimidation check to try to get any more information out of her.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Hawk listens for a moment, hears nothing, shakes his head and says "Anything else you can tell us? Who else is in this citadel?"

Yoletcha scratches her head, clearly confused as to why this human's hearing is so bad. "There's dragony thing in the courtyard. It has a long mouth and lots of teeth. Yoletcha avoids the courtyard because of the dragony thing."

She points to the southwestern door of the chamber. "Heard some sounds that way this morning. Don't know what it is. Yoletcha tries to keep to herself. Can Yoletcha go now?"


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

As soon as Yoletcha drops Abalyn, Ash is all smiles. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 "Nice to meet Yoletcha. I'm Ash." He glances at Hawk, then adds. "We're going to need you to give us any cool weapons and magic stuff you have, before you go. Oh and if Yoletcha want and won't, y'know hunt any livestock or people, can put in good word for her in town."

Ash takes a breath, since not everyone wants to talk like an auctioneer.


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn listens for yelling goblins.

Perception??: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Yoletcha doesn't seem too impressed with the goblin. "Yoletcha doesn't hunt people. Live...stock? You mean animals? Yoletcha has to eat something, right? Can't promise you none of the stock will be un-live. But Yoletcha will leave."

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Abalyn's On The Scene:

Abalyn notices some scratches around a keyhole on one of the doors to the south, presumably to a small room. (noted on map with a blue dot)


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn points toward a room that seems to have scratches around the keyhole. ”What’s in there?”


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 22/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Isiros isn't sure about the bugbear's intent. He decides to relax a bit but keeps his sword drawn to be safe.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"In there? Those bedrooms. That one is locked. Tried to open it, no good. Try if you want, it pretty well locked."


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

"You said that the goblins live downstairs - which way is down? And what do you mean that the door is 'buried'?"

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"Stairs out in the courtyard... lead down to a door, but they got all buried. Can't get down there now. Dragony thing is there anyway, so you prolly don't want to. Yoletcha sure doesn't want to. Can... can Yoletcha go now? Head hurts from questions."


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 22/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: --

"What else can you tell us about this 'dragony thing?' How big is it, and how long has it been here?

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"Dragony thing... it's big. Could eat any of us in a few good chomps. Don't know how long, Yoletcha hasn't lived here long. At least a few weeks?"


CG Female Human Investigator 1 HP 24/24 | AC 17 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”Have you seen someone who matches these descriptions?” Abalyn describes Calmont and Vox.


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

Ash looks excited at the sound of the dragony thing. "Ooh, can we check out this dragon? Maybe we can talk to it? It's only got like a 50-50 chance of trying to kill us. What color was it, Yoletcha?"

After she answers, he muses to himself: "Though, sounds like maybe it wrecked this goblin tribe. And a dragon burned my goblin tribe. So, might be dragons don't like goblins."

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

"I don't know thems two. And... you can fight dragony thing if you want. Yoletcha will stay out of it, thanks you vurry much. Now can Yoletcha GO please??"

She seems to be getting a bit agitated with all the questions.


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

"Sounds good, bye bye!"

Silver Crusade

”Thank you very much for your help, Yoletcha.”

101 to 150 of 792 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cartmanbeck's Age of Ashes - PF2 Play-by-post All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.