Cartmanbeck's Age of Ashes - PF2 Play-by-post

Game Master cartmanbeck

Google Slides Maps


151 to 200 of 981 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Yoletcha leaves the way the adventurers came in, not even looking back at her former home. Seems she wasn't really very attached to it anyway.

Perceptions:

Ash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Abalyn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Isiros: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Hawk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Zim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

As she's leaving, Isiros and Zim do faintly hear the sound of voices yelling from the north... no way to tell who they are or what they're saying at the moment, though.


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Zim looks around the room, and at the doors to the small side rooms. "Should we take a moment to rest, and possibly search the room for anything useful before we plunge ourselves into more danger?"


CG Female Human Investigator 2 HP 24/24 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”I’m curious about this lock,” says Analyn, heading over to it and pulling out her thieves tools.

Thievery:

Thievery ??: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Thievery ??: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Thievery ??: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Thievery ??: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Thievery ??: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

”Have at the searching. I’m gonna bandage this claw mark.”

Medicine 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
HP back: 4d8 ⇒ (8, 6, 7, 5) = 26

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

After a few tries, Abalyn pops the lock open.

Need some perceptions for those searching this room and any other areas.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"Great job Abalyn. Why don't you bandage yourself up a bit while we search these room."
I'll search the previously locked room.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
And the room next to it.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Zim digs through the bugbear's pile of junk in the center of the room Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20. He then moves to the north-most bedroom to search that area as well. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 0/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: dying 2

"Well, I guess we're searching so I'll help out." Of course I'd much rather be finding out what that commotion is...what if it's calmont?

Isiros moves over to two of the beds and begins searching
Perception Bed 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Perception Bed 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

In the previously locked bedroom, Hawk finds a lesser tanglefoot bag and a lesser flask of bottled lightning.

He finds nothing of value in the middle-south bedroom.

Zim looks through the pile of things in the middle of the room, but finds only soiled sheets and dirty pillows. He also finds nothing of value in the north-west bedroom.

In the middle-west bedroom, Isiros finds two flasks of holy water and a wooden shield. He finds nothing of value in the room next to it (west-bottom).


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

Ash seems a little disappointed that everyone else isn't excited to run off and find a dragon, but gets over it quickly with the idea of a fun search for magic.

If I see correctly, I'm searching the south 2 rooms?

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Ash finds nothing in the middle bedroom, but is able to find a small talisman in in the westernmost one. I'm just gonna roll the highest Arcana for the party here, if it fails then the rest of you can check.
Arcana Zim: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Zim is able to determine that it is a wolf fang talisman.

So, you found one item that definitely registers as magical. Hawk does feel like there should be at least one more magic thing somewhere in this area, but none of you have spotted it/them yet.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"There seems to be more magic here and we haven't found anything in this middle room yet."
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Hawk finds a minor healing potion hidden under a small trapdoor under the bed.


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 0/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: dying 2

"Well, I found two flasks of Holy Water and a Wooden shield...anyone want them? If not I can just hold onto them. Also, did anyone else find anything useful or helpful?"


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"I've got this minor healing potion, a lesser tanglefoot bag and a lesser flask of bottled lightning."


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk hands the minor healing potion to Abalyn. "You seem like you'd get the most use out of this from our adventures so far." The rest he hands to Isiros since he seems willing to collect the items.

"Shall we find out what who is making those screams the bugbear mentioned?"


CG Female Human Investigator 2 HP 24/24 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”Well, I’m all healed up! I assume we want to go toward the screams? I’ll check for traps.”

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

As Abalyn checks for traps, Hawk will quickly walk to each of the three doors and cast Detect Magic.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Hawk detects no magic behind any of the doors, though he notes that when he directs the detection spell at the northern door, the spell doesn't seem to penetrate very far past the door.

Abalyn detects no traps on the door, either.


CG Female Human Investigator 2 HP 24/24 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn takes a step back. ”After you, Isiros.”


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 0/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: dying 2

Isiros affixes the talisman to his armor, then stores the additional items.

"Scared huh? Sorry I let that bugbear get the best of you last time...You just ran in there so quickly!" jests Isiros as he attempts to open the door and then raise his shield quickly as he enters.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Isiros bravely opens the door, revealing a fearsome, dangerous... pair of doors in a small, round chamber.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk will step into the chamber, to Detect Magic, being sure to give room to Abalyn and/or Isiros to do their trap checking.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Hawk detects no magic and no one detects any traps behind these two doors.

Please let me know which direction you'll be going.


CG Female Human Investigator 2 HP 24/24 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

Abalyn sputters. ”I’m not scared! I figured in all that armor, you’d want to be the big door opener! But if you want me to go first, I’m happy to.”

Abalyn brushes past Isiros and checks for traps. Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 0/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: dying 2

"Well that was exciting!" Isiros says with a hint of disappointment upon first opening the door

"That won't be necessary...I'll go first, happily." he says as he steps in front of her and double checks signs for traps. Isiros is is ready to knock the next door on the left down but decides to try the handle first. Really I thought the former Hellknight castle would be more exciting, but I suppose we'll get to the good stuff...
Perception for traps: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

"If you ever need someone to go first and not check for traps, I can do that. Or if a door is warm or hot. I should go first, then." Ash helpfully adds to their argument.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

The party continues through the left door, finding another small, annoying room. After a quick trap- and magic-check shows nothing useful, Isiros opens the NEXT door, revealing a much larger room. When light is shone into the room:

To the north of many rows of stadium-style benches stands a wide dais. Garbage clutters what was once undoubtedly a pristine floor. A small corridor near the dais leads to the west, while to the north, an iron gate provides a view into a central courtyard.

You can clearly hear through the iron gate at least two goblin voices, as well as another voice.

Perceptions:

Ash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Abalyn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Isiros: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Hawk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Zim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Everyone other than Ash hear that the two goblin voices seem to be pleading with the other voice, and the sounds are coming from above you... probably on some sort of open-air section of the castle above your heads. You hear snippets like "... please don't! We help you! No need to hurt her!" and "Green bastards, just tell me how to get down there!"

Through the bars of the iron gate, you all can also see a wide courtyard, lit only by the light of the stars and moon.

Low-light vision:

Anyone with low-light vision can see that there are stairs that lead down into the courtyard, and a set of stairs on the other side of the courtyard, partially collapsed, leading up to the roof or something like that.
They can also clearly see the head of a creature, likely the dragony thing that Yoletcha mentioned, sticking out of the pool of water.

Abalyn specifically notices a curious symbol carved into the side of the alter in the central part of the room. She will need to investigate it more carefully to get any more useful information on it.
She also notices, in the courtyard, the top of some sort of reptilian creature, perhaps, sticking out of a pool of water glistening in the moonlight.


CG Female Human Investigator 2 HP 24/24 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”I’m very interested in that altar, but we should probably get to that goblin before someone gets hurt!” Abalyn peers into the courtyard, looking for a way up. ”There’s something in the courtyard, but this may be the only way up.”


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Zim peers through the bars, and spots the dragon-creature that the bugbear head mentioned. He quietly points it out to the others. "There's stairs across the courtyard, but what do we do about that?" he whispers. "Perhaps there's another way up?"


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 0/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: dying 2

Isiros enters the room. This looks promising...

He whispers "Hm..yes...I'm also very interested in this altar, but I suppose we should see what this commotion is first. I'd like to return though"


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Zim tries to figure out what kind of creature he is looking at.


NG Human (Versatile) Sorcerer 1 AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +7 | Perc +5 | 25ft| Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Hawk tries to even see the creature Zim is talking about. Not able to make anything out he says, "Well, I'll follow which ever way you'd all like to go from here."

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

You've seen no indication, so far, of another way to get up to where the argument is taking place.

Now that they're looking more intently, the adventurers can see that the partially-collapsed stairs could cause you a bit of a problem... there is a 10-foot drop to the west of them, where the stairs apparently collapsed onto what looks like it used to be a basement entrance. The edge of the collapsed stairs, in fact, are almost perfectly level with where they stand at the top of the southern stairs. It seems they'll need to climb up the 10 feet or find some other way to make their way up there. The iron gate is not locked.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Zim's knowledge of the natural world is not helpful at recognizing this creature. However, Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 his knowledge of the magical world does tell him some useful information.

Zim:

This creature is a Grauladon. You know it is a distant cousin of dragons, and therefore has a breath weapon... instead of fire, or cold, it instead has extremely smelly breath that will sicken humanoids nearby. It has powerful jaws and a tail, both of which it is known to attack with, and it is immune to effects that would put it to sleep or paralyze it. It has the intelligence of a normal animal, not that of a true dragon.


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Zim shares quietly what he remembers: "This creature is a Grauladon. It is a distant cousin of dragons, and therefore has a breath weapon... instead of fire, or cold, it instead has extremely smelly breath that will sicken humanoids nearby. It has powerful jaws and a tail, both of which it is known to attack with, and it is immune to effects that would put it to sleep or paralyze it. It has the intelligence of a normal animal, not that of a true dragon."


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

Dragon Lore: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
"Ooh, neat. Bad pet, though. Safe to kill. Maybe necessary, really."


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 0/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: dying 2

While the party is debating next steps, Isiros glances across the current room for anything useful
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

"Those stairs on the other side have collapsed and would not make an easy ascent to the roof. Perhaps we can find another way up?"


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

Ash sidles up to the gate and tries to figure out how to open it quietly as possible, so he can maybe sneak past the dragon to the stairs. So at least he can fail to be able to climb there instead of here.

That totally gives people several seconds to stop him before he opens it and stealths right in.


CG Female Human Investigator 2 HP 24/24 | AC 18 | F +4 R +9 W +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) | Stealth +3 | 25 ft| Active Conditions:

”I’m concerned about fighting that dragon where people can hear, but I’m more concerned about the goblin on the roof. I vote we just go face it.”


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 0/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: dying 2

"You have my vote, and it appears Ash is already on his way..." whispers Isiros.
Isiros waits for a moment to let Ash do what appears to be some kind of stealth technique. While waiting for a moment Isiros readies his sword and raises his shield. You've got this....

"Alright, here we go" he whispers before stepping into the courtyard.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Important hidden rolls that are full of importance:

Ash Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Grauladon perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Ash quietly opens the gate and takes a few steps down the stairs. He sees no movement from the grauladon.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

MORE SNEAKIES:

Isiros Stealth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Hawk Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Zim Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Abalyn Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

From above, you no longer hear the argument between the goblins and whoever else.

The party quietly heads down the stairs... except for Hawk, who trips a bit on the bottom step, scuffing his foot on the dirt floor of the courtyard. This unfortunately alerts the Grauladon to the party's presence, which raises its head from the water, growls, and looks like it's about to charge. Initiative!

Turn order (bold can act)
Abalyn
Ash
Zim
Isiros

Grauladon
Hawk


NG Gnome Transmutation Wizard 2 AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5 | Stealth +2

Zim casts Ray of Frost at the creature before moving towards the stairs.
Spell Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 (Double damage and -10 Speed penalty for one round on crit)


LN male human fighter 2 | HP 0/34 | AC 20 (22 w/ shield raised) | F+8 R+6 W+6 | Perc +8 | 20ft | Active Conditions: dying 2

"Well so much for that Hawk! isiros shouts as he runs towards the dragony thing. He attempts to strike the creature with his sword and then raises his shield in defense.

Strike Longsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Stride, strike, raise shield

Silver Crusade

Abalyn moves up to the creature, determined that Isiros not thing she’s a coward. She studies it and moves to strike.

Perception vs Will DC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Zim hits the thing with some cold, and Isiros whiffs on a swing with his sword.

Abalyn studies the creature for a moment and definitely can determine where it should be attacked. She also is absolutely sure that this thing's breath will not only smell bad, but leave each character who inhales it with a debilitating wasting disease!

Turn order (bold can act)
Abalyn
Ash
Zim
Isiros
Grauladon (-12)
Hawk

Silver Crusade

”Careful, guys! This thing carries a wasting disease. We probably shouldn’t get too close!” She glances at her and Isiros’s positions. ”I maybe should have thought of that earlier.”


CN male goblin oracle 2 | HP 26/26 | AC 17 | F +6 R +9 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +7 | 25 ft.

Ash turns around to see that the situation has changed. No worries. Few plans survive contact with an enemy, unless your plan is "Kill the enemy" in which case it mostly works.

The dragon is just out of flame range, so Ash sneaks a little closer, then throws a surprising ball of fire.
Produce Flame vs. AC: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16
Flatfooted for the attack, so just added 2 to my roll to reflect its -2 AC
Fire damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Disease dragons sound a lot less fun, yeah."

151 to 200 of 981 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Cartmanbeck's Age of Ashes - PF2 Play-by-post All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.