GM Xavier Kahlvet's Passing the Torch—High Tier

Game Master KingTreyIII

Maps
Character Profiles


301 to 350 of 621 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Brawler 1/Fighter (weapon master) 10/Paladin (divine hunter) 7 (5 neg lvls) | HP 184/184| AC: 32 T: 18 FF: 24 | CMB +18, CMD: 38 (41 Disarm/Sunder) | F: 24, R: 20, W: 13| Init: +3 | Perc: -6, SM:-2 | Spd: 30 | Lay on hands: 5/8| Channel: 4/4 | Martial Flex: 3/4 | Smite: 0/3 | Reliable Strike 1/2 | Goz Mask 4/6 | Active: Freedom of movement, evasion, see invisibility, fly, GWS

Thereus pushes back the gnawing thoughts of his brother and sister on the front lines at Gallowspire to engage the conversation.

"As to our previous mission, Eylysia and Grandmaster Torch have been collaborating against the Decemvirate, but it seems that they have only been doing this to out this true threat to the Society."


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |
Thereus wrote:
"As to our previous mission, Eylysia and Grandmaster Torch have been collaborating against the Decemvirate, but it seems that they have only been doing this to out this true threat to the Society."

“When her notes resurfaced several years ago, Eylysia’s name became quite commonplace in the Society. I understand she was chased out under ill circumstances—likely framed. It seems she and Torch did have similar concerns about the Decemvirate.”

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger 14 (Freebooter and Skirmisher) - HP 122/130, AC 29/T: 16/FF: 25 - Perception +19 - F: +14/ R: +14/ W: +8* - CMB: +18 - CMD: 34, Speed: 30*, Init. +4

"Those damned helms were a stupid idea from the very start," says Fletch. "The Decemvirate absolutely invited this attack. How many times have Pathfinders gotten into someone's 'impregnable hidden fortress' because we disguised ourselves as someone in the organization? This is 'Organizational Security 101' stuff. When this is over, the membership needs to have a very serious talk with the Decemvirate. Business as usual is getting members killed."

"But we didn't come to talk politics. We need to take the fight to Vahlo before the Tyrant brings it to us."


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |
"Fletch" wrote:
"Those damned helms were a stupid idea from the very start,"

”Well, the Decemvirate were not always masked; it was only after specific members became targeted by Pathfinders that did not agree with their decisions that the Ten began utilizing the decemvirate helms for their own safety.”

"Fletch" wrote:
When this is over, the membership needs to have a very serious talk with the Decemvirate. Business as usual is getting members killed."

”I certainly agree,” Eliza sighs. ”As much as I wish to not admit it, perhaps Grandmaster Torch’s Shadow Lodge was onto something when it came to the Decemvirate. Speaking of the information broker, you mentioned him before. Why is that? Is Torch connected to all of this?”

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"Paramilitary organization, with a decentralized structure and anonymous leaders with unknown motives. It was impossible to for see a problem even with annual near world ending catastrophes."

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8
Thereus wrote:

Thereus pushes back the gnawing thoughts of his brother and sister on the front lines at Gallowspire to engage the conversation.

"As to our previous mission, Eylysia and Grandmaster Torch have been collaborating against the Decemvirate, but it seems that they have only been doing this to out this true threat to the Society."

Anariel looks openly sceptical. Oh yes, sure, there's absolutely no way that Torch could have been using Eylysia to feed false information to us. She might have believed what she was talking about but that does't make it true. I am still inclined to turn him into a hatstand when we finally track him down.

She turns to Eliza. Torch is here, somewhere in the city. Apparently he is planning to try and take down Vahlo and get up to the gods know what else if he gets into Skyreach. Do you have a plan to deal with him?

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"With undead of this strength they may be hard to kill. Do we have an idea the the type of process that would have been used to maintain Vahlo's life."


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |
Anariel Gallonica wrote:
Torch is here, somewhere in the city. Apparently he is planning to try and take down Vahlo and get up to the gods know what else if he gets into Skyreach. Do you have a plan to deal with him?

”I believe it. But even if you’re right, there must be something more going on to justify his closing the doors. Let there be no doubt, though: Torch’s infiltration could cause untold damage to the Society’s property, personnel, and reputation, and his gambit might have even deeper ramifications.”

Grognar the Oracle wrote:
"With undead of this strength they may be hard to kill. Do we have an idea the the type of process that would have been used to maintain Vahlo's life."

”The possibilities are too vast; we don’t have enough information to pin that down.”

Eliza sighs as she rises from the chair she is sitting in and begins pacing around the table, deep in thought.

“I know that learning about what might be happening in the Grand Lodge isn’t comforting. We have two possible threats: Grandmaster Torch and this rogue Decemvirate member Vahlo. They’re both dangerous, but where we know that Torch is engaged in mischief, Vahlo’s schemes are certainly more malevolent. The plan’s largely the same: get into the Grand Lodge, pave the way for possible reinforcements, reestablish control of the campus, keep an eye out for survivors, identify what’s going on, and put a stop to any devious plans. If he’s among the most senior of the Ten, Vahlo knows the ins and outs of the whole Grand Lodge, as well as how to access its most powerful secrets and artifacts. What he’s secured might provide clues as to what he’s planning and where to intercept him.

“Last thing: until and unless I think we don’t have any other choice, we’re keeping this quiet. The Society’s accumulated many evil artifacts, vile secrets, and other skeletons best kept buried deep in our closets where they’re safe. If Vahlo and Torch are parading those around, Absalom’s guards would be as likely to misinterpret and condemn the Society as fight alongside us. Our aim is to solve Pathfinder problems with Pathfinders, not get the Society kicked out of the city.

“There’s little time to waste. Any questions?”

I know that you guys aren’t going to ask this, but I love this actual written-in question/response:

“Was the Society founded here or at the Pig’s Paunch?”:
The venture-captain gapes in disbelief for a moment before noting, ”It’s a lively debate, but the evidence for the Wounded Wisp is far stronger. Now, we have more important things to discuss.”

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger 14 (Freebooter and Skirmisher) - HP 122/130, AC 29/T: 16/FF: 25 - Perception +19 - F: +14/ R: +14/ W: +8* - CMB: +18 - CMD: 34, Speed: 30*, Init. +4

"What is the best route in?" asks Fletch. "Have you any magical means at your disposal? Oh, and are there any passwords or similar defenses we need to know about?"


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

”Unfortunately, I can’t risk providing you all with any help with my magic; I’ll be stationing and coordinating the other Pathfinders outside the Grand Lodge, contacting the Pathfinders in Ustalav for any possible reinforcements, and putting a few city officials on alert in case things get out of control here. If it seems you have control of the main campus, I can in some of these agents to help keep control. As for defenses…”

Eliza stops in her tracks as she begins softly chewing at the knuckle of her pointer finger in deep thought, as if trying to remember something. She snaps her fingers and rushes into the back of the Wounded Wisp. She returns a minute later carrying a massive, rolled-up tube of parchment. She unfurls it to reveal a map of the Grand Lodge that she sets on the table before her. Map Updated; see the following post for more information

”The Grand Lodge is meant to become a defendable stronghold if needed, and the front gate is its main method of protection. The walls around the Lodge, as well as the front gate, are 30 feet tall and 10 feet thick, are made of a special steel that is an iron and adamantine alloy. Now, the most obvious method of entry is simple flight, however if I am to send in reinforcements to maintain control, we’ll need a more consistent method of getting inside, because casting fly on the fifty-some-odd Pathfinders still remaining in Absalom is not exactly an efficient use of our resources—most of those that remain can’t even cast the spell.”


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

The following is a legend for the map of the Grand Lodge. You all know the information presented below (I also added a scale to the map because this one didn’t include one for some reason):

1: Gate:
A pair of massive, steel doors stands open during all but the greatest emergencies. This is the only official entrance to the Grand Lodge.

2: Skyreach:
This five-towered fortress houses the offices of the Society’s most important figures as well as countless libraries and storage facilities. Many of its floors and hallways are off-limits, meaning few know the full extent of what lies within.

3: Water Palace:
This low, pagoda-roofed manor is a place of quiet study and meditation. It also houses many of the Society’s relics from beyond the Inner Sea region.

4: The Center House:
This home of Ustalavic design has remained off-limits by order of the Decemvirate for as long as anyone can remember. On some nights, lights shine from within, suggesting its two towers are haunted.

5: The Mausoleum:
This stone-columned fortress is dedicated to unlocking the greatest mystery of all—death. Scholars study everything from burial practices to the necromantic arts of long-faded civilizations. The guiding rule is that no innocents are harmed, and even the creation of undead is relatively rare.

6: The Quadrangle:
Many of the dormitories and classrooms for initiates in training are in this set of ivy-covered stone buildings.

7: Arliss Hall:
Many resident Pathfinders inhabit modest flats in Arliss Hall, which is a maze of featureless corridors. There are many more halls and rooms than there are residents, and it is believed that only venture-captains are allowed into the central courtyard.

8: Starhall:
This keep has a high, domed tower on its east end, and it holds much of the Society’s knowledge about worlds beyond Golarion and the Material Plane.

9: Outbuildings:
These include residences for visiting Pathfinders, stables, smithies, bathhouses, warehouses, Pathfinder-only shops, and more.

10: Menagerie:
Pathfinders sometimes bring back exotic creatures for study or domestication. Many of these animals and magical beasts are dangerous and must be corralled. The menagerie’s rotating population attracts visitors from across the city.

11: Training Arena:
Only a wooden fence and benches surround this dirt-floored arena. It is here that Pathfinders spar and practice their fighting techniques.

12: Temporary Structures:
When the outbuildings are insufficient to house visitors, tents spring up here to manage the overflow. During the Grand Convocation, when Pathfinders journey here from thousands of miles away, this area is especially packed.

13: Wall of Names:
This curving wall of black glass is a memorial to Pathfinders who have perished in the pursuit of knowledge, and their names appear on its surface. A thick copse of trees provides visitors some privacy at this solemn place of reflection.

14: Seeker’s Plaza:
This small shrine houses bronze statues of some of the Society’s most important members.

15: Baphory’s Walk:
This pathway is infamous for its waist-high carved heads from the Mwangi Expanse. The faces can change their expressions in an instant, but at random intervals and only when nobody is watching.

16: Statue of Durvin Gest:
This 20-foot-high stone statue depicts Durvin Gest, one of the founders of the Pathfinder Society and widely considered to be its greatest adventurer.

17: Repository:
This is a featureless building of gray stone with no doors or windows. The way inside is among the venture-captains’ best-kept secrets.

18: Southgrove:
This stretch of trees is purposefully left untended, providing visiting Pathfinders who need a break from the city a space to retreat.

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel grins and spins around, OK, what are we aiting for, lets get in there and sort this out.

She pauses a moment, Oh, do the gates to the Lodge have any sort of traps or somesuch on them?


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

”Not a trap, but there’s a hell of a lock on it.”

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Well, locks I can deal with.

With a snap of her fingers Anariel produces a slender book into the palm of her hand. She flips through the book muttering, Aah, here it is she says as she starts to rearrange arcane formulae in her mind.

Spending an arcane pool point to swop out investigative mind for bestow insight


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

”Very well, then. We do not have the privilege to dawdle more than we must; is there anything else we need to cover right here and now?”

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger 14 (Freebooter and Skirmisher) - HP 122/130, AC 29/T: 16/FF: 25 - Perception +19 - F: +14/ R: +14/ W: +8* - CMB: +18 - CMD: 34, Speed: 30*, Init. +4

"Heat up some soup," Fletch says with a smile. "We won't be long."

He leads the team out towards the Grand Lodge's gate.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"Well it is time to go I guess. Any preparations?"

Right outside of the gates, Grognar will cast heroism, eagles soul.

"I can make us more effective against humans, undead, or evil outsiders, thoughts?"


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

Eliza bows her head. ”Godspeed, Pathfinders.”

*

The Seekers then return to the front of the Grand Lodge, the massive closed gates an imposing sight.

What do you do?

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Odd though could you animate objects on a part of a lock, like the blot, give it a momentment speed have it open?


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |
Grognar the Oracle wrote:
Odd though could you animate objects on a part of a lock, like the blot, give it a momentment speed have it open?

That gets into some real weird implications, so I’m gonna say no.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Ya, that seems fine I thought it was worth asking because it seemed like a cool idea.

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel grins at the gates and extacts a variety of tools from her pack. With a flicker her body shifts and changes as she turns into a vaguely humanoid form of solidified air before turning herself invisible. Floatng up to the doors she carefully examines them.

Perception for traps: 1d20 + 36 ⇒ (18) + 36 = 54

Assuming it looks safe she starts to work on the lock.

Disable: 1d20 + 36 ⇒ (5) + 36 = 41

If that doesnt pass she scowls and mutters a spell, casting Bestow Insight to improve her channces.

Disable, bestow insight: 1d20 + 36 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 36 + 6 = 51

If that doesnt work she scowls some more and sits down to take a really good crack at them.

Take 20 on disable for a 62


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

GM Screen:
4 Stabilization

Anariel spends an insane amount of time picking at the lock of the Grand Lodge and only barely manages to get it open kid you not, DC 60 and when the Seekers open the gate, they find the haven of the Pathfinder Society in complete and total chaos:

Black smoke billows from the windows of Starhall. The occasional flicker of flame is visible from inside the domed tower.

A lone Pathfinder scratches at the door of the Center House with a shortsword.

Several small groups of Pathfinders are between different structures, with some emerging carrying documents and items. Some of these Pathfinders appear to be moving objects between buildings, while others appear to be departing the Grand Lodge entirely whether by flight or teleportation. Most notably is a group exiting Skyreach carrying several armsfull of binders and folders, as well as a second group carrying bags of relics from the Water Palace.

Perception 32:
There is a third group that isn’t carrying anything is sneaking between the buildings and amid the foliage.

Skeletons and zombies usher forth from the Mausoleum in a constant flow. The undead spread across the Grand Lodge, causing bedlam in their wake.

What do you do?

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Aha, got the stupid thing she shouts as the last tumbler falls into place. I always knew a disreputble life as a Pathfinder would help me out later in life...

As the doors swing open she mouths, Oh dear, that's not good. She pauses and glances back to the group, Do the rest of you see that lot lurking in the shrubbery?

Anariel cannot fail the percpetion check

Well, it looks like the Grand Lodge is a mess, where shall we start people?

Anariel returns to troll shape and invisibility. Before we enter I will cast extended Heroism on Fletch as out very much out of tier party member. Fletch, please dont forget.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger 14 (Freebooter and Skirmisher) - HP 122/130, AC 29/T: 16/FF: 25 - Perception +19 - F: +14/ R: +14/ W: +8* - CMB: +18 - CMD: 34, Speed: 30*, Init. +4

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36

"Those guys? Yeah, they're up to no good. Let's go have a talk with them."

GM, are the non-sneaking Pathfinders ignoring the skeletons? That seems odd.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Before entering Grognar wolwod have fished casting the spells he was asking about. Hunter's Blessing Human, evil outsider, and Undead for the group. Urban, underground and Urban (in case if dispel). These are cast on the whole group.

Quote:

Targets of the spell gain a +2 sacred bonus on Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, and Survival checks attempted against creatures of the selected type, and a +2 sacred bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls made against creatures of that type.

Furthermore, they gain a +2 sacred bonus on initiative checks, Perception, Stealth, and Survival checks while they are in the type of terrain you designate.

"Let's fixes things in the order we uncover them. That said where there is smoke there is fire. I think we may have limited to to deal with that one."


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

To Starhall it is.

Starhall’s doors are locked, but as Venture-Captains, Xanaphia and Thereus actually have keys to the doors of Starhall.

As the Pathfinders climb Starhall, they find shelves upon shelves of books in flames! Following the carnage, they eventually come across a creature: a seven-foot-tall humanoid devoid of a mouth and a pair of massive flaming wings that match the blaze of the longsword in its hand. Character Profiles Updated

Knowledge (planes) 27:
This is an exscinder archon, one of Heaven’s holy censors. They scour the planes in search of texts containing information too evil or dangerous to be allowed to exist. Exscinders are capable of stealing or modifying texts within 100’ as a standard action—unattended texts are automatically affected, while a creature in possession of the targeted text is allowed a Will save to negate. A modified text is permanently revised according to the exscinder’s wishes and cannot be reversed short of wish or miracle.

If you exceed the DC by 5+, open the spoiler below

Spoiler:
Exscinders can change their size at will to anything from Small to Huge (though they are naturally Huge).

If you exceed the DC by 10+, open the spoiler below

Spoiler:
Exscinder archons have SR.

The humanoid with flaming wings moves down the halls of Starhall, snapping its fingers to teleport a codex to its hand, briefly skim through the book, then igniting it aflame and tossing it over its shoulder before moving on to the next book.

What do you do?

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"Hey bud, those are important to us and they help us do a lot of good in the world. Could you not burn them? There is also a world ending war happening could I appeal to you good nature and ask you assistant in preventing the end of people kind."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (16) + 32 = 48


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

The Humanoid glances up at Grognar, shuts the book it was reading, and points its blazing sword at the half-orc.

”Who are you to question my duty as an agent of the heavenly host?”

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"I would not question your duty just ask that you consider helping those below you becuase without their works there would be no books for you to burn nor good one for you to protect. My ask is an appeal to goodness to prevent death, and to preserve life and knowledge the knowledge of what is good."


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

”You clearly know not what I am. I am the Unnamed, censor of the 1593rd battalion of the heavenly host—the censoring of texts is my duty and is my task for being called to the Material Plane.”

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"I do not know you and for that I apologize. But I believe that people are coming to destroy this building and the texts there in. What they don't take will be warped for evil. There must be some part of your mission that would stand against that."


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

The Unnamed lowers the jolt of its sword but keeps its flaming tip situated inches from the half-orc’s Adam’s apple.

”Of course my mission stands against that! That is why I am destroying the texts: to prevent their misuse by the machinations of evil.”

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger 14 (Freebooter and Skirmisher) - HP 122/130, AC 29/T: 16/FF: 25 - Perception +19 - F: +14/ R: +14/ W: +8* - CMB: +18 - CMD: 34, Speed: 30*, Init. +4

"Called?" asks Fletch. "Called by whom, sir?" His bow rests lightly in his hand, but no arrow is nocked within.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Grognar does not flinch and does not move.

"Maybe you could do so by pointing that sword toward the enemy. The books here may help people in the right hands they may be needed in the war to come. Can you protect them by defense this place."

Diplomacy : 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (16) + 32 = 48


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

GM Screen:
7 Stabilization

The Unnamed, ignoring Fletch, stares Grognar in the eye almost absentmindedly.

”Defending texts...such a thing is anathema to the duty of an exscinder. But...I am an archon first and an exscinder second.” The Unnamed lowers its blade from the half-orc’s neck. ”I shall defend these texts with my life.”

The flame-winged archon turns to Fletch. ”My apologies for my rudeness; I was called here on the will of a contract drafted between myself and five of the Decemvirate four years ago.”

Knowledge (local) 15:
Four years ago would've been just after the siege of the Grand Lodge by the Aspis Consortium. Which occurred in Serpent's Rise, if my memory serves me.

”But it seems we do not have the time for idle talk,” The archon gazes out of a nearby window at the chaos ensuing below.

That required a DC 40 followed by a DC 45 Bluff/Diplomacy check.

Where to now?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger 14 (Freebooter and Skirmisher) - HP 122/130, AC 29/T: 16/FF: 25 - Perception +19 - F: +14/ R: +14/ W: +8* - CMB: +18 - CMD: 34, Speed: 30*, Init. +4

Up?

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"The skeletons seem like the next most pressing matter, but I will to entertain other ideas."

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel scowls throghout the entire exchange, visibly fuming. As they head off she mutters, Damn interfering archons, how dare it burn our books. I dont care who it thinks it was working for.. She glares at Grognar, I could totally have turned him into a hatstand!

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"I don't think he can wield a sword as a hatstand but it is nice to know we have the back up plan."

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Pathfinder History:
The Aspis Siege of the Grand Lodge occured during the multi table special Siege of Serpents I believe. The pregen scenario Serpents Rise also occurred at the same time, or possibly as a precursor to it.

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8
Grognar the Oracle wrote:
"I don't think he can wield a sword as a hatstand but it is nice to know we have the back up plan."

Exactly, then he couldnt burn any more books. Maybe I could send him back to sit on a damn cloud in Heaven instead, cuts down the risk she snaps and half turns to head back into Starhall.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"Well he is on our side for now let direct that anger toward the undead over running the place. Dismiss him tomorrow."


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

As the Pathfinders make their way towards the Mausoleum, their advance is halted when an illusory image appears before them: the image of a woman wearing a rune-inlaid ivory mask adorned with peacock feathers, blood-red crystalline tears, and silver rings.

Fletch, Thereus, and Xanaphia:
You recognize this woman as Adril Hestram’s final target all those years ago—who uses a secretive observatory at the pinnacle of Skyreach to monitor the deeds of Pathfinder agents, many of whom appear as tiny moving images on the walls: Shemis of the Decemvirate.

”Greetings, Seekers,” The woman says. ”I am a member of the Decemvirate.” Character Profiles Updated

Pausing to get in-character reactions.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"Hi..."


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

Hindsight just told me that that was a really awkward place to pause for character reactions; let me advance the conversation one more step before I do that.

”I have been monitoring the situation both here and at Gallowspire. Based on the circumstances in the Grand Lodge, I have theorized that the Decemvirate of the triple-spired helm has gone rogue and poses a threat to the Society. However, the situation in Ustalav is dire—if agents were to be called to retreat and help you all, the mission to stop the Whispering Tyrant’s ritual could well fail, triggering a catastrophe that could kill a large percentage of the Pathfinder Society’s agents as well as an untold number of other innocents. I’m sorry, but you’re on your own. Nevertheless, I believe in you, and the future of our organization may well lie in your hands.”

Okay, now pausing for character reactions.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Grognar's reaction was not a product of your timing more that he has come to hate these greedy jerks and does not really know what to say.

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel pauses, Err, who are you and given we have one rogue Decemvirate member why sould we believe a damn thing you say

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger 14 (Freebooter and Skirmisher) - HP 122/130, AC 29/T: 16/FF: 25 - Perception +19 - F: +14/ R: +14/ W: +8* - CMB: +18 - CMD: 34, Speed: 30*, Init. +4

"Folks," says Fletch. "She's one of the good guys. Or at least not one of the bad ones. We met a few years ago. I'll vouch for her. Shemis, I'm glad to see you're alive. What can you tell us about the current situation that might help us focus our actions?"


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |
"Fletch" wrote:
Shemis, I'm glad to see you're alive.

Shemis Character Profiles Updated visibly winces and immediately buries her masked face in one of her hands. She sighs as she looks up toward Grognar and Anariel.

”Please keep that particular piece of information to yourselves; the Decemvirate, despite the current circumstances, still run on a foundation of anonymity.” Despite the lack of eyeholes in the mask, Fletch feels the Decemvirate member’s glare falling upon him.

More in a bit.

301 to 350 of 621 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Xavier Kahlvet's Passing the Torch—Subtier 17-18 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.