GM Xavier Kahlvet's Passing the Torch—High Tier

Game Master KingTreyIII

Maps
Character Profiles


401 to 450 of 543 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC36 T16 F34 |HP 204/204|198/276|CMD:44| F:+23 R:+17 W:+25| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Grognar will miracle a mas suggestion. DC: 24 will (he will misfortune if he can/needs to)

"Get out of here!"


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

Group Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

The group complies.

This group has high enough bonuses on stuff to know that as soon as the suggestion is complete then the spell ends, so as soon as this group “gets out of here,” they’re no longer affected by the spell, so they would just come back. Suggestions are actually pretty unforgiving for the caster.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC36 T16 F34 |HP 204/204|198/276|CMD:44| F:+23 R:+17 W:+25| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"and don't come back. For your safety..."

this is him trying to correct his error. I'm sure based on the interactions Anariel would be telling him he is doing it wrong as he is screwing up. Do we need to get into the building they were looting?

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8
Grognar the Oracle wrote:
this is him trying to correct his error. I'm sure based on the interactions Anariel would be telling him he is doing it wrong as he is screwing up. Do we need to get into the building they were looting?

Well yes, OBVIOUSLY!


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

GM Screen:
15 Stabilization

This Group actually wasn’t looting a building; they were on standby awaiting further orders.

The group complies.

What do you do?

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC36 T16 F34 |HP 204/204|198/276|CMD:44| F:+23 R:+17 W:+25| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Thanks GM that was a generous call.

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Where to next friends?

From the start it looks like we still have "A lone Pathfinder scratches at the door of the Center House with a shortsword." or we could pay a visit to Zurnzal in the Repository.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC36 T16 F34 |HP 204/204|198/276|CMD:44| F:+23 R:+17 W:+25| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"Let's go deal with that one." Pointing at the loan pathfinder.

"It should be simple enough."


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

As the Pathfinders arrive at the Center House, they find a single person crouched on the door outside—a halfling woman that they have all met at some point in time: Janira Gavix. Character Profiles Updated

Janira futilely hits the door with her shortsword and claws with now-bloodied fingernails.

”...inside. Must chronicle everything inside. Must chronicle...”

Sense Motive 15:
Janira is under some kind of compulsion magic.

If you exceed the DC by 10+, open the spoiler below

Spoiler:
Whatever is affecting her is very powerful magic—on the same tier as a mythic spell or an artifact.

What do you do?

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC36 T16 F34 |HP 204/204|198/276|CMD:44| F:+23 R:+17 W:+25| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"It's the nice gnome who helps with the confirmations."

Can't fail the Sense Motives.

"Someone has warped her mind. Dispel, or Beak Enchantment Anariel?"

Once he knows what spell to cast, he will do so.

Spoiler:
Claster Level Check I assume: 1d20 + 18 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 1 = 30 Orage Ioun Stone. +1 higher if it is a dispel magic that is cast.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger 14 (Freebooter and Skirmisher) - HP 122/130, AC 29/T: 16/FF: 25 - Perception +19 - F: +14/ R: +14/ W: +8* - CMB: +18 - CMD: 34, Speed: 30*, Init. +4

Fletch can add little to these magical shenanigans and instead spends his time keeping out a weather eye for approaching trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39

"I doubt anyone fed her such a compulsion for the sake of her chronicle," says Fletch. "She either ran afoul of some random curse or, much more likely, someone didn't want her to be at her post and spent a great deal of effort to remove her without killing her. That rules out Zurnzal, but might include Torch. He's not a casual killer. Where is her post, anyway?"

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

I am not sure either will work given the nature of the effect but greater dispel is the better choice.

Break enchantment caps the check at +15

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC36 T16 F34 |HP 204/204|198/276|CMD:44| F:+23 R:+17 W:+25| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Greater dispel it is.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

Janira’s eyes snap open as she looks around in confusion.

”What’s going on? Why am I here? What’s with the zombies? Oh. Hi guys!”

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC36 T16 F34 |HP 204/204|198/276|CMD:44| F:+23 R:+17 W:+25| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"Hey everything is bad, the whispering tyrant wages war, Torch is a duplicitous jerk, one of the Decemviravte is undead and attacking here. Want to help?"


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

”...So a typical Toilday, then? What do you want me to do?”

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

We want you to tell us what the hell has happened here. How did you end up getting the whammie put on you quite so strongly. Then you should probably get out of here and report to Captain Petelunegro, she is organising things in the city.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

“So I found undead exiting the Mausoleum en masse, so I retreated into Skyreach. I found a member of the Decemvirate and explained the situation to them, but they just laughed at me and pointed a sword at me, telling me to chronicle the interior of the Center House. They seemed to be moving about the Grand Lodge with some kind of purpose.”

What do you do?

Dark Archive

Female NG Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) 18 | HP 129/129 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 | CMB +11, CMD: 24 | F: 19, R: 15, W: 25 | Ini: 12 (16 HA) | Prcp: 33, SM: 12 | Spd: 40 | hrsm aura: 0/18| chnnl: 1/5 | RODS xtnd 2/3 prstnt 0/3 prcng 0/3 quckn 3/3 rch 0/3 slnt 0/3 | robe of gates 1/3 | touch of glory 0/11 | hrsm, tru seeing, hghtnd awrns, SR, GrAngAspct

”Nice work… Xanaphia says to her fellow Pathfinders, genuinely meaning it but seeming distracted.

This is my admittedly lame-ish attempt to let y’all know I’m following and care. I have not used any resources yet so as we advance I’ll do more to pull some weight as needed. I’m having mental health problems IRL lately and working tons of overtime on top of that.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC36 T16 F34 |HP 204/204|198/276|CMD:44| F:+23 R:+17 W:+25| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

I understand. I was there before Christmas. Fortunately things have slowed down little so I have the mental energy to work on my mental heal right now. Always put your health over games. Games are supposed to help with not create more anxiety so never feel bad for treating them that way.

"Are you capable of recon around the area? Find other threats, people, resources that may help defend the lodge. Also, did you learn anything else."


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

GM Screen:
17 Stabilization
1d20 + 27 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 27 + 8 = 52

”That’s all I know, but I’ll be sure to do what I can assisting Venture-Captain Petulengro!”

The halfling runs off to her own devices, leaving the Seekers to make their way toward their next destination: the Repository.

To the Repository

Coiling blue mist moves around this chamber in thick wall-like sheets that rise up to the ceiling some eighty-feet above. The floor and walls of the chamber are stone, but the outer walls remain partly obscured by the bluish fog. Items of all sorts can be seen through the mist, including a variety of statues, exhibits, arcane apparatuses, bookshelves, and even a distant meditation area briefly visible through a temporary break in the fog. Stone plinths burn with colored fire, each illuminating part of the immense repository chamber. A single set of stairs ascends along the southwestern wall. Map Updated The Venture-Captains in the party know the layout of this room, but the fog is not usually here.

What do you do?

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel floats up into the air and calls out, Zurnzal, are you in here? We want to talk to you.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC36 T16 F34 |HP 204/204|198/276|CMD:44| F:+23 R:+17 W:+25| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Grongar will cast detect magic into the fog.

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel, still invisible, shifts her form to that of a huge gold dragon and stretces her senses to see what she can perceive.

Anariel currently has 60' blindsense, 40' blindsight and see invisibility active. Form of the Dragon 3 gives her frightful presence (only activates if she attacks), immunity to fire, 120' darkvision, and DR10/magic

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Brawler 1/Fighter (weapon master) 10/Paladin (divine hunter) 7 (5 neg lvls) | HP 184/184| AC: 32 T: 18 FF: 24 | CMB +18, CMD: 38 (41 Disarm/Sunder) | F: 24, R: 20, W: 13| Init: +3 | Perc: -6, SM:-2 | Spd: 30 | Lay on hands: 8/8| Channel: 4/4 | Martial Flex: 4/4 | Smite: 0/3 | Reliable Strike 1/2 | Goz Mask 4/6 | Active: Freedom of movement, evasion, see invisibility, fly

"Zurnzal. Let us talk again. The Society can be forgiving."

auto aid on diplomacy if needed

Thereus tries to peer through the fog with his goz mask to spot the half-orc.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

Anariel notices the presence of a handful of creatures beyond the fog trying to hide behind some of the miscellaneous furniture in the room.

Thereus doesn’t see anyone beyond the fog.

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel gives a sigh, Look, I can perceive you hiding behind the fog walls, why dont you just come out and talk to us.

She looks around to see if she can determine the source of the fog. Is all this stuff supposed to be in here? she asks our Venture Captains.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC36 T16 F34 |HP 204/204|198/276|CMD:44| F:+23 R:+17 W:+25| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Is the fog magic?

"No it's not I'm trying to determine it's nature."

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Brawler 1/Fighter (weapon master) 10/Paladin (divine hunter) 7 (5 neg lvls) | HP 184/184| AC: 32 T: 18 FF: 24 | CMB +18, CMD: 38 (41 Disarm/Sunder) | F: 24, R: 20, W: 13| Init: +3 | Perc: -6, SM:-2 | Spd: 30 | Lay on hands: 8/8| Channel: 4/4 | Martial Flex: 4/4 | Smite: 0/3 | Reliable Strike 1/2 | Goz Mask 4/6 | Active: Freedom of movement, evasion, see invisibility, fly

"No. It was not here when I've visited."


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

Sorry, Grognar: Yes, the fog is magical.

Gonna be making quite a few assumptions here. Eventually, Anariel notices something slowly moving toward the Pathfinders from near the edge of her blindsense. Eventually, it gets closer to her blindsight and is the form of a humanoid approaching with their hands raised in surrender. Once they move fairly close, they charge! Technically a surprise round, but only Anariel and Thereus could feasibly be in it and since she’d go first she would probably opt to do nothing since the opponent only chooses to charge once his turn comes around and you guys are trying to be nonviolent with this.

Suddenly, everyone except Fletch, Grognar (and technically Anariel since she isn’t “seeing”) sees a half-orc charging invisibly out of the fog to the east, running on the air! North on this map is to the right. The half-orc stops just above Grognar as his fists violently swing at the oracle! Thereus and Anariel are free to take AoOs if they wish. And yes, he does get a full-attack at the end of a charge in the surprise round.

vs Grognar FF; charging, higher ground, CE:
Primary; invisible: 1d20 + 34 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 34 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 40
Damage: 1d10 + 16 + 5d6 ⇒ (6) + 16 + (6, 6, 5, 3, 4) = 46 Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Primary “off-hand”: 1d20 + 34 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 34 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 32
Damage: 1d10 + 16 + 5d6 ⇒ (8) + 16 + (6, 1, 4, 6, 5) = 46 Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Secondary: 1d20 + 34 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 34 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 5 = 35
Damage: 1d10 + 16 + 5d6 ⇒ (8) + 16 + (3, 4, 4, 5, 2) = 42 Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Secondary “off-hand”: 1d20 + 34 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 34 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 5 = 41
Damage: 1d10 + 16 + 5d6 ⇒ (8) + 16 + (6, 4, 2, 3, 3) = 42 Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Tertiary: 1d20 + 34 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 5 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 34 - 2 + 2 + 1 - 4 - 5 - 5 = 31
Damage: 1d10 + 16 + 5d6 ⇒ (7) + 16 + (2, 5, 4, 5, 1) = 40 Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

On his first punch one of the two polished steel studs along the knuckles of the newcomer’s glove shatters to dust as his fist impacts with Grognar’s trachea!

Grognar Fort; roll twice take the lower: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (1) + 23 = 241d20 + 23 ⇒ (4) + 23 = 27

I’m assuming Grognar would want to use his folio reroll considering you guys knew Zurnzal is an assassin:

Grognar Folio Reroll (should he want to use it):
3 GM Stars: 1d20 + 23 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 23 + 3 = 27

Grognar’s throat shatters from the momentum of the half-orc’s punches and sends him flying into the ground, where his skull cracks on the concrete! Grognar is instantly dead.

The half-orc, clad in black leather and floating five feet above the ground, cracks his knuckles as he looks over the Seekers before him—gravity brings him to the ground after a second or two.

”Now that I have your attention, I’d like to have a friendly chat about Torch and Vahlo.” Character Profiles Updated

What do you do?

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC36 T16 F34 |HP 204/204|198/276|CMD:44| F:+23 R:+17 W:+25| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Can I use an immediate?


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

You're flat-footed, so no.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC36 T16 F34 |HP 204/204|198/276|CMD:44| F:+23 R:+17 W:+25| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Is the attacker invisible? Otherwise I would only be flatfoot if they beat my in initiative and I was unaware, correct?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger 14 (Freebooter and Skirmisher) - HP 122/130, AC 29/T: 16/FF: 25 - Perception +19 - F: +14/ R: +14/ W: +8* - CMB: +18 - CMD: 34, Speed: 30*, Init. +4

Fletch is usually up for diplomacy, but he just watched an Aspis Agent murder a Pathfinder in front of him as an opening gambit. The time for talk is over. Unless somebody stops him, he's going to stick some arrows in this guy.

Nobody called for Initiative, so I'm putting this behind a spoiler:

Tactical note: I'm aware that Fletch is much lower level, so rather than unloading a full that's unlikely to succeed, I'm taking a move action to activate Freeboter's Bond and Aiding Attack to give everyone an untyped +2 bonus AND an additional +2 circumstance bonus on attack rolls for the first person to attack him after me. Go get 'im!

+3 adaptive composite longbow w/ Point Blank Shot and Freebooter's Bane: 1d20 + 24 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 24 + 1 + 3 = 431d8 + 8 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 + 3 = 18

Freebooter's Bond: All allies within 30 feet who can see or hear the freebooter gain an additional +2 bonus on attack rolls when flanking with the freebooter or with another ally affected by this ability.

Fletch also uses an old Hunter's Trick to help his companions.

Aiding Attack (Ex): The Ranger can use this trick as a free action when he hits a creature with an attack. The next ally who makes an attack against the target creature before the start of the Ranger’s next turn gains a +2 circumstance bonus on that attack roll.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC36 T16 F34 |HP 204/204|198/276|CMD:44| F:+23 R:+17 W:+25| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Nm found the word invisibilly. If that ensures he is undetected then np.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |
"Fletch" wrote:

Fletch is usually up for diplomacy, but he just watched an Aspis Agent murder a Pathfinder in front of him as an opening gambit. The time for talk is over. Unless somebody stops him, he's going to stick some arrows in this guy.

** spoiler omitted **

Does somebody stop him? If you guys intend to respond with violence then initiative will be rolled (before Fletch's action goes off, mind you).

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel would not take an opportunity attack. She also would not have done nothing in a surprise round. While she is unlikely to have initiated the attack she would at least have delayed to see what Zurnzal was going to do. Having seen what he did she would certainly react.

Assuming this is a surprise round

You complete ARSE! Why in all the nine hells did you do that! I said we wanted to talk. FINE!

With that she casts another spell and then blasts him with a bolt of acid, trying to get any others she can perceive beyond the fog walls as well.

Anariel casts greater invisibility followed by intensified, quickened dragons breath. It can be a 30' cone or 60' line of acid, whichever might best catch the most enemies. If it is just Zurnzal then so be it. She then 5' flies to try and disguise her actual location a bit, just in case.

Acid damage: 17d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 2, 2, 3, 6, 6, 1, 6, 4, 2, 3, 5, 3, 5, 4, 5) = 63
DC35 reflex for half

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Brawler 1/Fighter (weapon master) 10/Paladin (divine hunter) 7 (5 neg lvls) | HP 184/184| AC: 32 T: 18 FF: 24 | CMB +18, CMD: 38 (41 Disarm/Sunder) | F: 24, R: 20, W: 13| Init: +3 | Perc: -6, SM:-2 | Spd: 30 | Lay on hands: 8/8| Channel: 4/4 | Martial Flex: 4/4 | Smite: 0/3 | Reliable Strike 1/2 | Goz Mask 4/6 | Active: Freedom of movement, evasion, see invisibility, fly

Thereus would take the AOO at least.

to hit: 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (9) + 35 = 44
cold iron damage: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 plus holy damage if evil: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

Like I said, the situation here is weird; y’all wouldn’t know that you were in initiative during the surprise round so it would make no sense for you to delay rather than doing nothing—one of the downsides of having an absurdly high initiative bonus.

Initiative:
Anariel: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 2 = 30
Fletch: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8
Thereus: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21
Xanaphia: 1d20 + 12 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 4 + 2 = 24

Zurnzal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Grandmaster Alchemists: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Gonna assume that the actions Anariel posted would be for her first turn:

Anariel spits a breath of acid at Zurnzal or one of the clumps of alchemists beyond the fog; they’re invisible, by the way (not that that matters).

Anariel CL vs SR: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 2 - 1 + 1d4 ⇒ (20) + 18 + 2 + 2 - 1 + (1) = 42

But the half-orcs are completely and totally unaffected by the spell.

Zurnzal brushes at his slightly-corroded clothes and scoffs.

”Jeez. You say that like death even has meaning anymore.”

HARD MODE: The Ambitious
Round 1
==================
Anariel
Xanaphia
Thereus

Zurnzal (-22 from “1” attack [before DR])
Red
Yellow
Green
Blue
Fletch
==================

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

In which case I would use my move action to move, to avoid detection. She will fly up to the roof, how high is the ceiling?

Stealth, heroism, invis: 1d20 + 19 + 2 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 19 + 2 + 20 = 50
She currently has a fly speed of 120', stealthing at half speed, flyng upwards at half speed, she can rise 30' and take no penalty. Her stealth includes the the penalties for being huge currently

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Brawler 1/Fighter (weapon master) 10/Paladin (divine hunter) 7 (5 neg lvls) | HP 184/184| AC: 32 T: 18 FF: 24 | CMB +18, CMD: 38 (41 Disarm/Sunder) | F: 24, R: 20, W: 13| Init: +3 | Perc: -6, SM:-2 | Spd: 30 | Lay on hands: 8/8| Channel: 4/4 | Martial Flex: 4/4 | Smite: 0/3 | Reliable Strike 1/2 | Goz Mask 4/6 | Active: Freedom of movement, evasion, see invisibility, fly

Thereus puts as many arrows into Zurnzal's chest as he can.

Manyshot: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (13) + 29 = 42 Manyshot damage: 1d8 + 25 + 1d8 + 25 ⇒ (8) + 25 + (5) + 25 = 63 and holy: 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) + (1, 5) = 12
Rapid shot: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (3) + 29 = 32 Rapid shot damage: 1d8 + 25 ⇒ (1) + 25 = 26 and holy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7
Iterative 1: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (8) + 24 = 32 Iterative 1 damage: 1d8 + 25 ⇒ (6) + 25 = 31 and holy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Iterative 2: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35 Iterative 2 damage: 1d8 + 25 ⇒ (6) + 25 = 31 and holy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
Iterative 3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 Iterative 3 damage: 1d8 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27 and holy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Point Blank and Deadly Aim using Adaptive Seeking Holy Bow. Clustered shot to negate some of the DR. Threatens 10 feet away.

Dark Archive

Female NG Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) 18 | HP 129/129 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 | CMB +11, CMD: 24 | F: 19, R: 15, W: 25 | Ini: 12 (16 HA) | Prcp: 33, SM: 12 | Spd: 40 | hrsm aura: 0/18| chnnl: 1/5 | RODS xtnd 2/3 prstnt 0/3 prcng 0/3 quckn 3/3 rch 0/3 slnt 0/3 | robe of gates 1/3 | touch of glory 0/11 | hrsm, tru seeing, hghtnd awrns, SR, GrAngAspct

Xanaphia blinks and gasps as Grognar is killed. I’ll fix that as soon as I can…
Using her greater quicken rod she swiftly casts Summon Monster IX, calling upon Sarenrae to bring forth a Peri, which promptly attacks Zurnzal.
Xanaphia then readies a dispel magic to try to counterspell any spell being cast by an enemy she can see. I cast an extended True Seeing a while back—not sure if it’s still up.
+2 flaming burst scimitar, PA, higher ground: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (16) + 25 = 41
damage: 1d6 + 29 ⇒ (4) + 29 = 33 fire: 1d6 ⇒ 1
+2 flaming burst scimitar, PA, higher ground: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38
damage: 1d6 + 29 ⇒ (3) + 29 = 32 fire: 1d6 ⇒ 1
+2 flaming burst scimitar, PA, higher ground: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 29 ⇒ (5) + 29 = 34 fire: 1d6 ⇒ 2
+2 flaming burst scimitar, PA, higher ground: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 29 ⇒ (5) + 29 = 34
--
crit? 2nd attk: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38
damage: 1d6 + 29 ⇒ (4) + 29 = 33 fire: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Peri:
IX Peri (Sarenrae) CR 14
XP 38,400
Male peri (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 3 218)
NG Medium outsider (good, native)
Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, smoke sight; Perception +26
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 30, touch 18, flat-footed 22 (+7 Dex, +1 dodge, +12 natural)
hp 218 (19d10+114)
Fort +14, Ref +18, Will +17
DR 10/cold iron, 10/evil; Immune electricity, fire; Resist acid 10, cold 10; SR 25
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft., fly 90 ft. (good)
Melee +2 flaming burst scimitar +25/+20/+15/+10 (1d6+20/18-20 plus 1d6 fire) or
. . 2 wings +18 (1d6+9 plus burn)
Special Attacks burn (2d6 fire, DC 25), whirlwind dance
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 15th; concentration +23)
. . Constant—fire shield (warm shield)
. . At will—aid, flame jump, pyrotechnics (DC 20), scorching ray
. . 3/day—fireball (DC 21), flame strike (DC 23), wall of fire
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 26, Dex 24, Con 23, Int 21, Wis 19, Cha 26
Base Atk +19; CMB +23 (+25 disarm); CMD 45 (47 vs. disarm)
Feats Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Great Fortitude, Improved Disarm, Iron Will, Mobility, Power Attack, Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack
Skills Acrobatics +29, Diplomacy +30, Fly +33, Heal +23, Knowledge (planes) +27, Knowledge (religion) +24, Perception +26, Perform (Enter Choice) +30, Sense Motive +26, Spellcraft +27, Stealth +29
Languages Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Ignan; telepathy 100 ft.
Other Gear +2 flaming burst scimitar
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Burn (2d6 fire, Wing, DC 25) (Ex) If you hit an opponent or they touch you, you inflict fire damage.
Combat Expertise +/-5 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
Combat Reflexes (8 AoO/round) Can make extra attacks of opportunity/rd, and even when flat-footed.
Damage Reduction (10/cold iron) You have Damage Reduction against all except Cold Iron attacks.
Damage Reduction (10/evil) You have Damage Reduction against all except Evil attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Energy Resistance, Acid (10) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Acid attacks.
Energy Resistance, Cold (10) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Flame Jump (At will) (Sp) Enter fire of own size to instantly travel to a fire anywhere, as greater teleport.
Fly (90 feet, Good) You can fly!
Immunity to Electricity You are immune to electricity damage.
Immunity to Fire You are immune to fire damage.
Improved Disarm You don't provoke attacks of opportunity when disarming.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Mobility +4 to AC vs. AoO provoked by moving out of or through a threatened area.
Power Attack -5/+10 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Smoke Sight (Su) A peri can see through fire, fog, and smoke without penalty.
Spell Resistance (25) You have Spell Resistance.
Spring Attack You can move - attack - move when attacking with a melee weapon.
Telepathy (100 feet) (Su) Communicate telepathically if the target has a language.
Whirlwind Attack Instead of making a full attack, you attack all foes in reach.
Whirlwind Dance (1/day, DC 26) (Su) Flame vortex can move over foes to batter, burn & sweep up for 9 rd (Ref neg).

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

GM Screen:
Weapon Specialization

Knew I forgot about something:

Features of this Combat:
Ceilings The ceiling in the Repository is 80’ high.
Lighting The colored tiles of the Repository shed light like a torch.

The extended true seeing is still going.

Zurnzal takes some hits, but for the most part dodges them. Only the Manyshot and the Peri’s first attack hit, and both ran into DR. The half-orc spits out a bloody tooth and shrugs.

”Oh come on, it’s only a handful of diamonds and ten minutes to bring him back—there’s even a scroll of true resurrection in here for you guys to cut out the middleman. I just needed your attention, is all—you know, and for you guys to know that I’m willing to kill if push come to shove. Just stand down and let’s talk like adults.” Delays.

From beyond the fog, all of the half-orcs pound on their chests and burp. Then all but one Yellow of the figures pull out a vial and gulp down its contents before all of them move up.

Yellow moves up invisibly, falchion in one hand and slung over his shoulder, and stands there, readying an action.

Blue flies invisibly along the ground Provokes from Thereus and stops on the other side of the group, falchion in hand.

Green, upon drinking the contents of his vial, grows in size and becomes a massive troll! He then invisibly flies in a circuitous route and settles near Thereus, just underneath Anariel.

Red just takes a five-foot step.

If you all respond to Zurnzal’s request for ceasefire with a resounding “Hell no!” (Damage on the initiative card is assuming that you guys respond affirmatively to the ceasefire):

The half-orc assassin sighs and shrugs. ”Fine. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya. You guys in position?!”

Green responds ”Stand over the corpse and you’ll be flanking the archers!”

Zurnzal cracks his neck and steps over Grognar’s dead body.

”Then let’s do this!”

Zurnzal Flurry vs Thereus; Flanking, CE

Spoiler:
Primary Dirty Trick: 1d20 + 33 - 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 33 - 2 - 4 + 2 = 40

Primary “Off-Hand”: 1d20 + 34 - 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 34 - 2 - 4 + 2 = 50
Damage: 1d10 + 18 + 5d6 ⇒ (10) + 18 + (4, 5, 2, 5, 1) = 45 Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Thereus Fort: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (12) + 29 = 41

Secondary: 1d20 + 34 - 2 - 4 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 34 - 2 - 4 + 2 - 5 = 44
Damage: 1d10 + 18 + 5d6 ⇒ (7) + 18 + (4, 3, 2, 2, 6) = 42 Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Secondary “Off-Hand”: 1d20 + 34 - 2 - 4 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 34 - 2 - 4 + 2 - 5 = 35
Damage: 1d10 + 18 + 5d6 ⇒ (2) + 18 + (2, 5, 3, 5, 5) = 40 Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Tertiary: 1d20 + 34 - 2 - 4 + 2 - 5 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 34 - 2 - 4 + 2 - 5 - 5 = 27
Damage: 1d10 + 18 + 5d6 ⇒ (2) + 18 + (5, 2, 2, 5, 1) = 35 Acid Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

*

Primary “Off-Hand” Confirmation: 1d20 + 34 - 2 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 34 - 2 - 4 + 2 = 37
Bonus Crit Damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

Secondary Confirmation: 1d20 + 34 - 2 - 4 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 34 - 2 - 4 + 2 - 5 = 32
Bonus Crit Damage: 1d10 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

Thereus takes 185 damage with DR (should he have it) only applying once.

HARD MODE: The Ambitious
Round 1/2
==================
Anariel [30' above ground]
Xanaphia
Peri [5’ above ground]
Thereus

Red
Yellow {readying}
Green
Blue
Zurnzal (-131 from “3” attack [before DR])
Fletch
==================

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Ranger 14 (Freebooter and Skirmisher) - HP 122/130, AC 29/T: 16/FF: 25 - Perception +19 - F: +14/ R: +14/ W: +8* - CMB: +18 - CMD: 34, Speed: 30*, Init. +4

"What do you want?" asks Fletch, pausing in his efforts to kill the assassin. The ranger has always been a man to prefer negotiation to combat, but he is also hot over the death of Grognar. Contempt is clear in his voice.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |
"Fletch" wrote:
"What do you want?" asks Fletch, pausing in his efforts to kill the assassin. The ranger has always been a man to prefer negotiation to combat, but he is also hot over the death of Grognar. Contempt is clear in his voice.

"You let me and my men go," Zurnzal gestures at the other half-orcs that neither he nor Fletch can see. "And I tell you where Torch and Vahlo went. Simple as that."

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

As I have run this I am leaving this decision to the rest of you. I will delay for the moment but will act before the enemies go next if the decision is taken to fight.

Dark Archive

Female NG Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) 18 | HP 129/129 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 | CMB +11, CMD: 24 | F: 19, R: 15, W: 25 | Ini: 12 (16 HA) | Prcp: 33, SM: 12 | Spd: 40 | hrsm aura: 0/18| chnnl: 1/5 | RODS xtnd 2/3 prstnt 0/3 prcng 0/3 quckn 3/3 rch 0/3 slnt 0/3 | robe of gates 1/3 | touch of glory 0/11 | hrsm, tru seeing, hghtnd awrns, SR, GrAngAspct

Xanaphia calls out, ”My good Peri, please stand down for now.” She quickly looks at each of her fellow Pathfinders, and says, ”Well, that’s why we’re here, right? To find Torch? If this … person can give us the info we need, and get Grognar back on his feet in the bargain, well, that seems fair to me. What say you all?”

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Brawler 1/Fighter (weapon master) 10/Paladin (divine hunter) 7 (5 neg lvls) | HP 184/184| AC: 32 T: 18 FF: 24 | CMB +18, CMD: 38 (41 Disarm/Sunder) | F: 24, R: 20, W: 13| Init: +3 | Perc: -6, SM:-2 | Spd: 30 | Lay on hands: 8/8| Channel: 4/4 | Martial Flex: 4/4 | Smite: 0/3 | Reliable Strike 1/2 | Goz Mask 4/6 | Active: Freedom of movement, evasion, see invisibility, fly

"Grognar did not deserve such indignity to prove your worth. You have precious few moments to speak Zurnzal, use them wisely." Thereus reluctantly lowers his bow.

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Make it good growls Anariel from above.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

”Alright, I’ll make this quick: loiter around here in the Repository for...let’s say 20 minutes while me and my men get the hell outta Dodge. Then I’ll tell ya where I saw Torch and Vahlo go. I’ll even tell you where to find that scroll of true resurrection that’s in here so you can bring your friend back. I’m sure my associates have short-term stuff going, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Cool. So don’t try anything cheeky to wait out the durations. 30 seconds to make a decision. Tick tock.”

Context: That took him about 20 seconds (4 rounds) to say.

401 to 450 of 543 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Xavier Kahlvet's Passing the Torch—Subtier 17-18 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.