GM Xavier Kahlvet's Passing the Torch—High Tier

Game Master KingTreyIII

Maps
Character Profiles


101 to 150 of 629 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

Grognar SR: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20 Hahaha! Yeah…that fails.

Grognar’s hand meets with the moist eyeballs, after which the hyakume just looks at him angrily, clearly unaffected by Grognar’s spell.

HARD MODE: The Claws of the Master
Round 1
======================
Anariel
Grognar
Master of the Pagoda {prone}
Thereus
White {prone}
Black {prone}
Yellow {prone}
Green {prone}
Blue {prone}
Pink {prone}
Xanaphia
???
======================

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel does actually have silent spell in case it comes up again. She also has still spell. They are useful when shapechanging into things that lack hands or the ability to speak.

Oh my, thats a lot of enemies.

Knowledge on the Master, heroism, clear ear: 1d20 + 37 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 37 + 2 + 2 = 53
She has +41 for all of the monster ID skills currently. Generally interested in immunities, resistance, special attacks and anything lse you think might be interesting

Is it apparent what types of creatures the Claws are?

With a flicker of light Anariel vanishes, reappearing on the other side of the room next to one of the cultists. She smiles sweetly at him, opens her mouth, and unleashes a torrent of acid across him and several others.

Using an arcane pool point to dimensional slide across the room. It is used as part of a move action and is SU so doesnt care about the silence. She then casts quickened, intensified dragons breath at them creating a 30' cone of acid. It should hit pink, blue and black. Each needs a DC35 reflex save

Dragons breath acid damage: 17d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 1, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 1, 5, 2, 4, 5, 5, 5, 2, 6) = 69

She then waves a hand and engulfs the remaining enemies in another spell. Lets have a party people! she chuckles as the light show begins.

Defensively casting persistent Mass Mydriatic Spontaneity. It has a range of 75' and can affect targets within 30' of each other. I think I can catch the Master, white, yellow and green. I spend an arcane pool point to increase my caster level to help with SR and increase the duration and range. Each needs to make two DC36 will saves or be nauseated for 21 rounds. If they fail they may also be blinded or dazzled depending on the light conditions in the room. I cannot fail the defensive cast check as my concentration bonus for this is +35 and the regular DC is 33.

SR Master, ioun stone, AP, GSP: 1d20 + 18 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 18 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 40

If I am attacked I may well have an immediate action to use. I am now visible but I do have 8 images. At the end of my turn I use shapechange to transform into a troll. My stat line reflects the changes.

I have added some slides with spell templates on them, I hope you dont mind but it makes life easier for me rather than having to keep finding where they normally are and copying over.

Lastly, if any enemy starts casting spells she should automatically identify them with +36 spellcraft.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

The Claws are human.

Reflex Halves:
Pink: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Blue: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Black: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Will Saves:
Master: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (11) + 20 = 311d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21
White: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 271d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Yellow: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 251d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Green: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 321d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

Well, I’m going to have to make a GM call with their morale.

The Master stands up provokes from Grognar if he’s armed.

HARD MODE: The Claws of the Master
Round 1
======================
Anariel
Grognar
Master of the Pagoda {nauseated}
Thereus
White {prone, nauseated}
Black (-69) {prone}
Yellow {prone, nauseated}
Green {prone, nauseated}
Blue (-69) {prone}
Pink (-69) {prone}
Xanaphia
???
======================

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

AOO: 1d20 + 25 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 25 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 57
Damage: 2d6 + 29 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (3, 6) + 29 + 7 + 4 = 49

Divine power, Frightful Aspect, Heroism, Haste and additional +2 vs Humans, aberrations and evil outsider.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

AOO confirmation: 1d20 + 25 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 25 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 38
Damage: 2d6 + 29 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 29 + 7 + 4 = 45

Divine power, Frightful Aspect, Heroism, Haste and additional +2 vs Humans, aberrations and evil outsider.

Just missed the edit window and it worked out hilariously bad.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Brawler 1/Fighter (weapon master) 10/Paladin (divine hunter) 7 (5 neg lvls) | HP 184/184| AC: 32 T: 18 FF: 24 | CMB +18, CMD: 38 (41 Disarm/Sunder) | F: 24, R: 20, W: 13| Init: +3 | Perc: -6, SM:-2 | Spd: 30 | Lay on hands: 5/8| Channel: 4/4 | Martial Flex: 3/4 | Smite: 0/3 | Reliable Strike 1/2 | Goz Mask 4/6 | Active: Freedom of movement, evasion, see invisibility, fly, GWS

Thereus takes aim at the first minion to take an aggressive action against his friends.

Manyshot: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (5) + 28 = 33 Manyshot damage: 1d8 + 24 + 1d8 + 24 ⇒ (2) + 24 + (5) + 24 = 55 and holy: 2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) + (4, 6) = 19
Rapid shot: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (15) + 28 = 43 Rapid shot damage: 1d8 + 24 ⇒ (6) + 24 = 30 and holy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10
Iterative 1: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39 Iterative 1 damage: 1d8 + 24 ⇒ (1) + 24 = 25 and holy: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Iterative 2: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32 Iterative 2 damage: 1d8 + 24 ⇒ (5) + 24 = 29 and holy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Iterative 3: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 Iterative 3 damage: 1d8 + 24 ⇒ (5) + 24 = 29 and holy: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

Delay until one of them attacks, then step forward and full attack. Deadly Aim using Adaptive Seeking Holy Bow.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

I’m going to un-delay Thereus after all of them go so that it isn’t a headache on my part with the initiative blocks.

Three Claws of Achaekek stand up and the three in front of Anariel all suddenly have a perfect copy of themselves appear on the ground next to them. The three on the ground then move in sync as they cast a spell, one at Grognar and two at Anariel.

Black Concentration to cast defensively; DC 21: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33

Spellcraft 18 +1 per 10’ from Pink, Blue or
Black:

Anariel*2 then Grognar; don’t roll a 1: 3d20 ⇒ (4, 5, 8) = 17 I think I recall there being SR among you, but considering it’s DC 15, I’m just not gonna bother.

Thereus then shoots at the Claws on the ground.

Miss Chances (miss on a 1):
Manyshot: 1d2 ⇒ 2 Downs Pink.
Rapid Shot: 1d2 ⇒ 1 Pops the image, then hits Blue with Iteratives 1 and 2 and downs him.
Iterative 3: 1d2 ⇒ 2 Hits Black; doesn’t down him.

HARD MODE: The Claws of the Master
Round 1
======================
Anariel
Grognar
Master of the Pagoda (-45) {nauseated}
White {nauseated}
Black (-102) {prone}
Yellow {nauseated}
Green {nauseated}
Thereus
Xanaphia
???
======================


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

I happen to know that Xanaphia’s player is not going to get to posting today, so I’m just going to delay her for now.

The bells within the chamber echo a low drone that fills the Pathfinders with lethargy.

Will Saves:
Anariel: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37
Grognar: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26
Thereus: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
Xanaphia can’t hear it so she’s unaffected.

Thereus is fatigued.

HARD MODE: The Claws of the Master
Round 2
======================
Xanaphia {delaying}
Anariel
Grognar

Master of the Pagoda (-45) {nauseated}
White {nauseated}
Black (-102) {prone}
Yellow {nauseated}
Green {nauseated}
Thereus {fatigued}
Bells
======================

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Attack: 1d20 + 25 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 25 + 7 + 2 + 2 = 51 +2 attack vs Humans, aberrations and evil outsider.
Damage: 2d6 + 29 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 29 + 7 + 4 = 50 +2 damage vs Humans, aberrations and evil outsider.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Attack Divine Power: 1d20 + 25 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 25 + 7 + 2 + 2 = 49
Damage: 2d6 + 29 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 29 + 7 + 4 = 50
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Attack Iterative: 1d20 + 20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 20 + 7 + 2 + 2 = 48
Damage: 2d6 + 29 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (4, 6) + 29 + 7 + 4 = 50
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Attack Iterative Confirm: 1d20 + 20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 20 + 7 + 2 + 2 = 47
Damage: 2d6 + 29 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 29 + 7 + 4 = 51
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Attack: 1d20 + 15 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 7 + 2 + 2 = 42
Damage: 2d6 + 29 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 29 + 7 + 4 = 49
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Divine power, Frightful Aspect, Heroism, Haste and additional +2 attack and damage vs Humans, aberrations and evil outsider.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

...I’m sorry, what? I know it’s tier 17-18, but it still surprises me how ridiculous things get at this tier.

HARD MODE: The Claws of the Master
Round 2
======================
Xanaphia {delaying}
Anariel

Grognar
Master of the Pagoda (-306) {nauseated}
White {nauseated}
Black (-102) {prone}
Yellow {nauseated}
Green {nauseated}
Thereus {fatigued}
Bells
======================

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Grognar can become an insane melee monster and make miracles happen but nothing tops 38 Int well built arcane caster. It makes me want to find the games to keep playing my level 15 sorcerer.

Dark Archive

Female NG Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) 18 | HP 129/129 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 | CMB +11, CMD: 24 | F: 19, R: 15, W: 25 | Ini: 12 (16 HA) | Prcp: 33, SM: 12 | Spd: 40 | hrsm aura: 6/18| chnnl: 1/5 | RODS xtnd 2/3 prstnt 0/3 prcng 0/3 quckn 3/3 rch 0/3 slnt 0/3 | robe of gates 1/3 | touch of glory 0/11 | hrsm, tru seeing, FoM, SR, GrAngAspct

Xanaphia starts casting Summon Monster IX.

For all the time that took to type I guess I coulda posted yesterday… Just had a super busy day at work and never got to look at my PbP games, then GMed local PFS.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

Xanaphia, you need to move from the stairwell to cast that since you're still in the zone of silence, unless you wanted to use that silent metamagic rod to cast it.

EDIT: Wow, I just realized that when I copy-pasted the stuff in the Features of the Room spoiler that I forgot to change the DCs for ringing the bells from what they are for the other table. My bad! Well, it's not like it would've been important anyway.

Dark Archive

Female NG Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) 18 | HP 129/129 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 | CMB +11, CMD: 24 | F: 19, R: 15, W: 25 | Ini: 12 (16 HA) | Prcp: 33, SM: 12 | Spd: 40 | hrsm aura: 6/18| chnnl: 1/5 | RODS xtnd 2/3 prstnt 0/3 prcng 0/3 quckn 3/3 rch 0/3 slnt 0/3 | robe of gates 1/3 | touch of glory 0/11 | hrsm, tru seeing, FoM, SR, GrAngAspct

Eh, I'll just use the rod and hang back outta the way where I'm less conspicuous.

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel floats to one side to give herself some room to work. In a flicker her troll form is replaces by that of an enormous green dragon. She opens her massive jaws and diisgorges a huge cloud of burning acid into the remaining enemies.

5' step, free action to use shapechange to turn into a huge green dragon, standard action to breathe on them. It works like Form of the Dragon 3 so creates a 50' cone. The reflex DC is 33.

Breath acid damage: 12d8 ⇒ (7, 3, 8, 4, 4, 1, 1, 1, 6, 5, 3, 3) = 46
Use again in: 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds

Anariels sudden appearance may also frighten the enemy.

Form of the Dragon 3 gives frightful presence forcing a DC33 will save or be shaken for 5d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 2, 3) = 16 rounds

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Nice now we can have them all shaking in their boots.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

Gonna call this fight.

Hard Mode Adjustment:
Add two Greater Claws of Achaekek to the
encounter. The Master begins combat having used his eye probe ability to detatch his eyes. Once per round as a swift action, the Master can utter a word and sacrifice one of his eye probes to target a creature within 30 feet of the eye probe with a power word blind, power word stun, or power word kill spell. Once all six of his eye probes are destroyed or sacrificed, the Master can no longer use this ability.

The many-eyed Master of the Pagoda falls, and when it does the six bells unceremoniously falls to the ground with several discordant clangs. The several sleeping individuals seem to lightly stir from their rest despite the loud noise.

What do you do?

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"Let's ask and see who has our friend Strake's memories. Strake? Strake can you hear me."


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |
Grognar the Oracle wrote:
"Let's ask and see who has our friend Strake's memories. Strake? Strake can you hear me."

The half-asleep monkey goblin waves his hand as if to dismiss Peter’s inquiry.

”Five more minutes...I had too much to drink last night...”

The monkey goblin’s eyes flutter open slightly then snap open! He quickly sits up and grabs at his tail with shock on his face. His eyes follow the tail to his own posterior and he pinches at some of the fur on his chest.

”WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!”

*

After brief questioning, the Pathfinders realize that each individual in the room contains the memories of a servant, guard, or relative of an important figure somewhere in Golarion. They are clearly traumatized at being inside of a body that is not their own.

”Yes, I am Strake,” the monkey goblin says in a shaking voice. ”Thank you so much for saving me! Is my body alright? Please tell me it is; I can’t take any more bad news today.”

What do you do?

Dark Archive

Female NG Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) 18 | HP 129/129 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 | CMB +11, CMD: 24 | F: 19, R: 15, W: 25 | Ini: 12 (16 HA) | Prcp: 33, SM: 12 | Spd: 40 | hrsm aura: 6/18| chnnl: 1/5 | RODS xtnd 2/3 prstnt 0/3 prcng 0/3 quckn 3/3 rch 0/3 slnt 0/3 | robe of gates 1/3 | touch of glory 0/11 | hrsm, tru seeing, FoM, SR, GrAngAspct

”We were at some kind of party just recently and came across someone who we thought was you, who’d, well, apparently lost their mind. If that was your body, it seemed to be just fine.” Xanaphia looks around at everyone assembled and clears her throat. ”Perhaps you’d like to fill us in on what you remember from the past couple days?” She pauses, then says, ”Of greater consequence, though, is another matter; one that probably needs some discretion…” She trails off, waiting for a reply.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

"Well, uh...I don't remember the past few days too well...partying is a full-time profession, you know."

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Away from other ears,

"If not that, do you happen to remember where a contact of yours is, a certain Gnome who may be in with the wrong crowd maybe?"


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |
Grognar the Oracle wrote:

Away from other ears,

"If not that, do you happen to remember where a contact of yours is, a certain Gnome who may be in with the wrong crowd maybe?"

"Eh...you're gonna have to be more specific than that, brother; I know a lot of people."

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"Eylysia" Grognar whispers.


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

To be clear, you all are able to talk with Strake privately.

Strake slicks back his hair, a strange sight coming from the monkey goblin.

”Ah yes, Eylysia. You see, in recent years, my lifestyle has started to seem stale. After a while, even the greatest parties grow boring, you know, so I have taken up more scholarly pursuits. Eylysia has been helping me compile a history of Mediogalti Island. In return, I pass her the odd bit of information about the outside world her way.

“As for where she is: I don’t rightly know. She keeps it a secret. She seldom visits the city, so when I need to make contact, I hire kobold messengers to deliver packages to a ruined pyramid deep in the jungle. She doesn’t live there, but she picks up my messages and leaves me notes in return. Perhaps you could pick up her trail from there? She must live somewhere nearby. Why all the questions about Eylysia?”

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Yep out of ear shot.

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel perks up at the menton of a ruined pyramid, A pyramid you say, where is it, what does it look like? Can you give us directions?

Resuming troll form she gives a snap of her fingers and produces her spellbook. She starts flipping through it muttering teleport, teleport, where is it, oh, probably greater

Anariel spends an arcane pool point and trades out mass mydriatic spontaneity for greater teleport


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

“The ruins are near the center of the island, in a section of jungle that few people travel to. There is a large stone spire near the ruins called the Horn that can be seen for miles around, so you can use that to navigate. A word of warning though—the area is guarded by Rurat, Champion of the Green. He’s a fascinating creature, a saurian who shepherds the dinosaurs of the island. I have been writing a book about him. His kind used to the rule island, but the Red Mantis have hunted them nearly to extinction. He kills all trespassers. But seriously, why the third degree about Eylysia?”

Knowledge (nature) 31:
Saurians are massive, anthropomorphic dinosaurs that see themselves as protectors of nature. While they typically shelter near volcanos, other variants have been known to exist. All saurian have a terrible roar that causes creatures to become staggered (or stunned on a failed Will save).

If you exceed the DC by 5+, open the spoiler below

Spoiler:
Saurians have a deep connection to dinosaurs and are able to use wild empathy, but only on dinosaurs.

If you exceed the DC by 10+, open the spoiler below

Spoiler:
Saurians have a slew of spell-like abilities that vary based on their connection to nature, such as fire spells like meteor swarm for those with an affinity to volcanoes. One spell-like ability common to all saurians, however, is a constant death ward.

Knowledge (history) 41:
Long ago, a group of unique saurians ruled Mediogalti Island and shepherded the numerous reptilian creatures that live there. When the Red Mantis assassins built their original stronghold, the Temple of the Ghost Mantis in the center of the island, they clashed with the saurians and killed many of them. Eventually, the assassins retreated to their new mountain stronghold, the Crimson Citadel, leaving the interior of the island to the Ghost Mantis.

Knowledge (nature) 41:
You know of Rurat from your own prior research. Rurat and his family have battled the monstrous progeny of the Ghost Mantis on many occasions, and now Rurat is the last of his kind. Because of his history, Rurat reacts violently to anyone who remotely resembles a possible member of the Red Mantis assassins, finding kinship only in other reptilian creatures.

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel cannot fail any of those checks, her modifier is +41 with clear ear and heroism in effect

A Saurian you say, oh my, how fascinating. They are terribly rare nowadays, I would love to meet one. They can be quite dangerous though. They have an affinity for dinosaurs. Did I ever tell you about when we were chased by an enormous tyrannosaur through the Kaava Lands. Or when we met one in the Realm of the Mammoth Lords. The forests up there can be quite jungle like near the volcano's, it was quite a surprise I can tell you. The poor beast was being hounded by demons, its bones are pulling one of my caravans over the Crown of the World now. It was terribly exciting and obviously I didn't possess anything like the power I have now or it would have gne very differently. Dinosaurs are wonderful but at the end of the day they are mostly just very big and rather stupid lizards. But not Saurians, oh no, they can posses all kinds of interesting magical powers. I seem to recall they used to rule this island, at least until the Red Mantis arrived. It is all terribly sad, they exterminated most of the Saurians, I think Rurat might well be the last of his kind.

She pauses to take breath and then turns back to "Shrake". Anyway, would you like us to put you back into your real body? Break Enchantment should do it. I can cast it and Grognar or Xanaphia here could Miracle one up. I am not really sure what that will do to poor Kirhed, he's an Absalom cobbler who seems to be inhabiting it currently. It's all that creatures fault she says, nudging the corpse of the Master. She looks over to the group, especially Thereus, and what do you want us to do with the rest of these? she asks, gesturing at the remaining prisoners.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"When dealing with folks, who deal with folks the way we, can it's best not to ask about the 'whys,' or the the 'whos' especially if you understand the hows. We needed a lead on Eylysia and you helped us everyone is in everyone's good books."

To the group, "Do we want to see if the other people has useful information? They seem to be connected to powerful people."

Continuing with a matter at hand, "Anariel, do you think if we look like some types of reptilian humanoid we could negotiate. This person has suffered already and I do not want to harm them."

Once questioning is done.

Break enchantment : 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

If you’re planning on teleporting to the ruins, I’m going to rule that, given the rather vague information given to you, you won’t be able teleport to the ruins exactly, but you should be able to get close enough that it’d be about a few hour’s walk (because the Horn isn’t at the ruins, just nearby). But that still cuts down the travel time significantly. When you do get around to searching for the ruins, I would like to know how you all plan on going about doing that (searching on foot, by flight, magic, etc.).

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"If we want we can teleport near we could then rest in a mansion that is magical and in the morning we can change our appearance and windwalk there the next morning."

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel gives a shrug, Sure, I can teleport us near to the Horn, set up a Mansion and disguise us as something different for tomorrow if we want. I might switch around some spells while I am at it as well.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"That sounds like a plan I prefer not to kill the last of any species especially a sapient one who has a shared enemy."

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Sure, what do you want me to make us look like?

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"You are one of the most knowledgeable I have ever met. Do you know of an appropriate reptilian creature?"

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Having run this I cannot answer that question, I am leaving it for the rest of you to decide.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"Let's try lizardfolk."

Grognar has made his suggestion and is happy to proceed if no one has a better plan.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Brawler 1/Fighter (weapon master) 10/Paladin (divine hunter) 7 (5 neg lvls) | HP 184/184| AC: 32 T: 18 FF: 24 | CMB +18, CMD: 38 (41 Disarm/Sunder) | F: 24, R: 20, W: 13| Init: +3 | Perc: -6, SM:-2 | Spd: 30 | Lay on hands: 5/8| Channel: 4/4 | Martial Flex: 3/4 | Smite: 0/3 | Reliable Strike 1/2 | Goz Mask 4/6 | Active: Freedom of movement, evasion, see invisibility, fly, GWS

Responding to Anariel's pointed gaze, Thereus whispers. "The other prisoners here are clearly of use to the Mantis and their countless nefarious plans, but not necessarily the nefarious plan we are currently dealing with. I would certainly wish to free them from this when the time is right, but I understand that doing that right now might jeopardize what we are trying to accomplish."

----

Thereus nods at Grognar. "Unless mimicking one of these Saurians would do the trick better. I'm afraid I've never heard of that race to be fair, so maybe they'd figure us out too quick."

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"I had thought of that, but my hesitation was if this is the last one he will know we are not Saurians."

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel looks around the room. It isnt much of an issue for me to teleport this lot back to Absalom. It will take a few castings to go and come back, get us to the Horn and then set up a Mansion for the night but it is doable. I should be able to cover our remaining buffs for the day too.

At CL19 Anariel can greater teleport herself and 6 others at once so she could evacuate the prisoners with 4 castings then teleport the group with a 5th, spend an arcane pool and set up a Magnificent Mansion for us to rest in. That still leaves me with enough level 8 spell slots to cover everyone with Mind Blank while we rest. I definately would want a rest if we do this as it is using all my remaining level 7 slots.

Well, I thought about a Saurian too but they are pretty big. Lizardfolk disguises are easy.

Anariel will set off to unpick any chains the prisoners are locked in. I cannot wait to see the look on Valsin's face when I drop this lot into his office.

She takes out a quill, ink and a piece of paper and scribbles a quick note.

Dear Valsin, we found these people as prisoners of the Red Mantis. Please take care of them until we get back. Love, Anariel, xxx

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Perfect.

Dark Archive

Female NG Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) 18 | HP 129/129 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 | CMB +11, CMD: 24 | F: 19, R: 15, W: 25 | Ini: 12 (16 HA) | Prcp: 33, SM: 12 | Spd: 40 | hrsm aura: 6/18| chnnl: 1/5 | RODS xtnd 2/3 prstnt 0/3 prcng 0/3 quckn 3/3 rch 0/3 slnt 0/3 | robe of gates 1/3 | touch of glory 0/11 | hrsm, tru seeing, FoM, SR, GrAngAspct

Xanaphia listens intently as the others converse. ”Saurians—I’ve yet to meet such a creature. Interesting.” After the discussion turns to disguises, Xanaphia adds, ”Why not kobolds? If Strake uses them as messengers, they should probably be a safe bet—yeah?”

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

"I think Anariel's spell cannot change our size that significantly otherwise I think It would be a great option."


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

The Pathfinders teleport to the Horn, rest, then set out the next day in search for the ruins. The process takes… well, since nobody has Survival: …12 hours, during which the weather grows harsher and harsher.

*

A steep stone pyramid squats amidst ruined buildings in this stretch of jungle. Patches of dense vegetation are clustered throughout the ruins and looming jungle trees cast much of the area in shade. Above the jungle canopy, a stone sarcophagus rests atop the pyramid. By the time the Pathfinders make it there, a nasty windstorm has manifested in the jungles of Mediogalti. Map Updated

What do you do?

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Overnight grognar refreshes all the long term group buff. Wind walking does not cut down the time? No big deal if it would not help. Also, Grognar will make the weather as ideal as he can for travel using control weather once they are close to their goal. Two mile radius of lightly overcast non-hazardous weather.

Grognar estimating the impending end of their trip stop the group a little away from their destination and cast control weather.

"This will hopefully prevent any visual limitations caused by rain and prevent wind from effecting our ranged capacity."

Duration : 4d12 ⇒ (9, 7, 9, 2) = 27


| Strange Aeons | Low Tier Passing the Torch | High Tier Passing the Torch |

Not long after Grognar casts control weather, the nasty windstorm starts up again. Im also pulling numbers out of thin air for how long it takes, but I’m going to say the 12 hours is with wind walk going.

EDIT: Also, Grognar can’t really tell when “the end of the search” is until, you know, the search is done, so he has no way of knowing to cast control weather until you find the ruins, unless a) Grognar casts it in the middle of the search or b) the party finds the ruins and just waits 20 minutes doing nothing for the casting time/effects to manifest.

Grand Lodge

Session Resources:
Eaglesoul, GM weapon, Enco Un Zeal, DivineP Hero, Hunt bless x3 , Shield of F, deathward, StoneS, H feast, Life Bu,
| AC40 T16 F34 |HP 276/276|276/276|CMD:48| F:+32 R:+22 W:+30| Init:+10 (ROLL3x) | Perception: +37 | Session info

Cool I know paizo can be vague with travel time when a bunch of spells get involved. I think the plan would have been see pyramids. Back up. Land ten minutes away. Cast control weather and walk would up. We wound not want to approach flying anyway.

On the walk in,

"I think someone is casting control weather."

The Exchange

N Female Arcanist 18 | HP: 284/236 | AC: 29 (13 Tch, 24 FF) | CMD 29 | F:+25, R:+21, W:+22 +3 vs mind affecting, Immune to fire, resist elec 30 | Init: +13-17 Per: +36, SM: +31 | Speed Fly 60 |
Spells:
6|5|3|4|2|4|3|4|3; Reroll Unused; Pool 6|21; Adept 3|5
| Conditions: FoM, Blindsight 40', Blindsense 60', See invis, Images 8

Anariel scowls at the sky, Well, that is just disagreeable she mutters. We best be quick looking for gnome sign before this weather obliterates any trace.

With that she starts flying around the clearing and the pyramid looking for signs that a gnome has been here.

Anariel is travelling in the form of a troll, disguised as a big lizardfolk with Seeming. She has long duration buffs active but the only medium duration buff is Shapechange

Dark Archive

Female NG Elf Cleric (Herald Caller) 18 | HP 129/129 | AC: 13 T: 13 FF: 10 | CMB +11, CMD: 24 | F: 19, R: 15, W: 25 | Ini: 12 (16 HA) | Prcp: 33, SM: 12 | Spd: 40 | hrsm aura: 6/18| chnnl: 1/5 | RODS xtnd 2/3 prstnt 0/3 prcng 0/3 quckn 3/3 rch 0/3 slnt 0/3 | robe of gates 1/3 | touch of glory 0/11 | hrsm, tru seeing, FoM, SR, GrAngAspct

Xanaphia scowls as the weather turns bad.
Spellcraft to know if the effect is actually control weather?
spellcraft: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (5) + 24 = 29
If it is control weather and that spellcraft roll lets me know that, Xanaphia says the following (if not, disregard)
”Maybe we should try dispeling this?”

101 to 150 of 629 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Xavier Kahlvet's Passing the Torch—Subtier 17-18 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.