Terra Nova - Homebrew Campaign by DM DoctorEvil - Hub

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Archive of Nethys PF2 PRD

Black Hearts' Incident thread

Haunting of Seaside Manor thread

Pilgrim's Progress thread

A Case of Missing Persons gameplay thread

Recruitment is always OPEN for this game


201 to 224 of 224 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

F Elf Monk 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Speed 30' | Hero Pts 1/1 | Focus Pts 1/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

“A crack-pot?” She considers the expression for a moment. “Oh, yes! But I mean to say, no. You are not a crack-pot to be worried about your friend,” Tia says, smiling at the older man. “Point of Rocks, yes, good,” she then nods. “But, Cornelius, Atreus’s elven village, do you know its name? Or its place? In case we have to look elsewhere for him.”

“I have all I need,” the elf assures Corso, reaching behind her and patting the slim pack she had the foresight to bring with her.

I think we were planning on checking Point of Rocks first!


HP: 15 | AC: 14 | Fort (T): +2; Ref (T): +4; Will (E): +9 | Perception (T): +7 | Cleric Spell DC: 17 Spells/Day: 5 (5) / 2 (2; +3 slots of Heal) | Focus Points: 1

That was my thought as well.


Cornelius does not know the name of the village where Atreus lives. "We talked often, but he never used a name, that I am aware of. Just said 'my village' and the like. Point of Rocks is right along the river, inland from Tanner's Crossing. It's on the opposite (south) bank. It is several miles away, and the country is pretty rough, or so I am told. You may want a guide or something to help you along."

Point of Rocks is a pretty familiar landmark to those who ply the river It is, as the name implies, a massive rock formation that sticks out over the water and can be seen from many miles away. It is said the view from the top is very impressive.


HP: 15 | AC: 14 | Fort (T): +2; Ref (T): +4; Will (E): +9 | Perception (T): +7 | Cleric Spell DC: 17 Spells/Day: 5 (5) / 2 (2; +3 slots of Heal) | Focus Points: 1

I am prepared to move on if you guys are!


F Elf Monk 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Speed 30' | Hero Pts 1/1 | Focus Pts 1/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

“A guide?” Tia scoffs. “I live here, you forget! No, we will be finding our way to Point of Rocks very well on our own, I think.” She smiles at Cornelius. “Have no fear. When we return, it will be with word of your friend.”

I’m assuming here that Survival is the skill used to navigate the countryside and get to Point of Rocks reasonably safely. If not then she’s being rather boastful, but then again that wouldn’t be totally out of character for her!


Without any additional preparation the pair of new friends leaves the White Wolf Inn, and head to towards the river. There they find the troop of dwarves working busily on the bridge which will soon span the flow, but for now, like it has been, they must rely on the ferry, Old Tanner himself, to cross.

"Lots of folks crossing this morning," remarks Tanner as he helps you aboard and starts the crank that pulls the raft across despite the heavy current. "And where are you folks off to, then?"

When I get some time, I will be setting up a thread for the two of you separate from the main hub thread here. Will link it when ready. May not be till next week, given the shape of my weekend...


HP: 15 | AC: 14 | Fort (T): +2; Ref (T): +4; Will (E): +9 | Perception (T): +7 | Cleric Spell DC: 17 Spells/Day: 5 (5) / 2 (2; +3 slots of Heal) | Focus Points: 1

No worries.


Corso and Tia, please shift your posting in this storyline to the new thread which is also linked at the top for ease of moving back and forth.


female half-elf sorceress 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 13, TAC 13 | Class DC 17 | F +4, R +6, W +1 | Per +2 | Spells: Lvl 1 3/3 | Pow: 1/1

Vinexa entered the inn nervously, she had only recently gotten enough freedom to go about alone in the colony, and found the place interesting. It was made of dead things, like most Alderan structures, but she'd gotten used to it the last few years. There were plenty of people around and more than a few startled looks in her direction. She'd learned just how rare half-elves were since her exile began but nothing had made it stick like living in this place.

Vinexa smiled nervously at those who looked at her and made her way to a small table where there was an empty seat. The only reason she figured it was empty was because there was only room for two people at it and that suited her just fine. When one of the serving girls came by and asked for her order Vinexa said nervously, "I'm not sure what I want," she gave the woman a pleading look as she asked, "what would you suggest?"

Not sure how much I should control NPCs in these posts, I assume not at all by default, so I'll stop here.


The serving girl stops and looks at Vinexa quizzically for a few moments, staring in a not-so-polite way. "Well, do you eat normal food or do you need some special diet because of your...you know?"

Embarrassed as soon as the question leaves her mouth, the dark-haired girl says, "Never mind, I'll just bring some bread and ale. You can start with that." And she hurries away, casting a sidelong glance behind more than is really necessary.

The inn common room is busy, but not really bustling. There are a few empty tables and few seats at the long mahogany bar with a gleaming brass rail. A troop of dwarves, which has obviously been imbibing together for a little too long, slowly winds down in one corner, several of the members passed out in their chairs while the rest chant a song in some strange tongue.


Male human barbarian 1 | HP 21/21 | AC 18 | F+6 R+5 W+5 | Perc +5 | 25ft. | hero 1/3 | Active Conditions: None

The door seems to swing a little heavier as the next entrant comes into the common room of the inn. Heavy boots plod along, and any who look up to find the source notice a fairly tall human in a near-full enveloping gray cloak, which hides whether or not he's carrying much of anything on him. Except for the sword. Slung diagonally across his back is greatsword comfortably tucked into a worn leather scabbard.

He throws back the hood to reveal a mostly-clean (shaven) face with his black hair pulled back in a pony-tail. He's not the youngest warrior, but he's far from the end of his prime. Most notable, because of how clean he looks many in the tavern who know him understand that he hasn't yet gotten new work after escorting the dwarven bridge company here to Tanner's Crossing.

He comfortably shifts his greatsword off of his back, and onto the nearest unoccupied table. Then out of the hiding of his cloak comes an efficiently packed backpack. He looks up at the nearest barmaid and inquires softly, is Top around?

She gives him a knowing look that says Still looking for work, eh?, without drawing too much attention to him, understanding that he wouldn't prefer this.


female half-elf sorceress 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 13, TAC 13 | Class DC 17 | F +4, R +6, W +1 | Per +2 | Spells: Lvl 1 3/3 | Pow: 1/1

Vinexa noticed the woman's reaction to her but ignored it. She'd grown used to being stared at as this woman was and it no longer really bothered her. As the woman asked about dietary needs she was about to respond when the woman took off. Shrugging she'd tell her the answer when she returned.

As Vinexa waited she noticed the dwarves singing drunkenly. She didn't know their words but the tune was not too off key. It was around then that she noticed the tall man enter the place. Her eyes followed him as he moved to a table as she observed him. He was rather handsome, for a human, and certainly muscular enough, but her attention was eventually drawn away as she continued to look around the tavern.


Female CG Cavern Elf Emissary Draconic (Silver) Sorcerer 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 16 (17 with Blood Magic) | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +5 | Class DC 17 | Perception +3 | Spells 1L 3/3 | Darkvision

Zamaris walked into the White Wolf tavern, wondering if there were actually any white wolves in this town, and whether the name was a sign of respect for the wolves or perhaps a victory over them in battle.

She was pleased to see a human and also some dwarves, and very surprised to see a green-haired elf. She looked different than her tribe, but most elves did since they did not carry the blood of dragons. She wondered if her tribe were of the woodland sort, perhaps worshipping Aradia through their affinity with plants.

Well, she wasn't here for that, but given time, she would have to talk to her and find out, out of curiosity at least.

The human looks busy talking to the barmaid, so she decides to start with the dwarves. She approaches their table, and says

Dwarven:

What song are you singing? May I learn it?


As Vinexa watches, she sees Argen enter the common room. He heads to the bar looking for Top. The human warrior waits at the rail and soon enough Top comes out with a bar-towel over one shoulder. "Aye, lad. What can I do for ye?"

The troop of dwarves, which are all well into their cups, sees Argen and let out a roar of approval. "There's the boyo! Someone buy that man a drink!" and soon enough Argen is swarmed at the bar by a half-dozen liquory dwarves, who insist on buying him drinks and hugging him in big sweaty embraces.

Zamaris enters the public room just as the dwarves start in another chorus of another rowdy drinking song. They soon are putting mugs of ale in the elf's hands as well, treating her as a long-lost member of the tribe, especially since she speaks the language.

From her spot at the table, Vinexa dines on the bread, which is hot and fresh, and her own mug of ale which is refilled as often as she likes.


Male human barbarian 1 | HP 21/21 | AC 18 | F+6 R+5 W+5 | Perc +5 | 25ft. | hero 1/3 | Active Conditions: None
DM DoctorEvil wrote:
As Vinexa watches, she sees Argen enter the common room. He heads to the bar looking for Top. The human warrior waits at the rail and soon enough Top comes out with a bar-towel over one shoulder. "Aye, lad. What can I do for ye?"

Hey Top, how are you today? Well, it's been since I brought these dwarves here that I've had any work. I could move onto the next town or back to the port and then the old kingdom, but I'd rather my next extensive travel come with pay. Have you caught wind of anyone moving through that would like protection, and isn't just taking Tanner's little ferry down the river?

He looks at the proprietor expectantly, as if today will be the day.

DM DoctorEvil wrote:
The troop of dwarves, which are all well into their cups, sees Argen and let out a roar of approval. "There's the boyo! Someone buy that man a drink!" and soon enough Argen is swarmed at the bar by a half-dozen liquory dwarves, who insist on buying him drinks and hugging him in big sweaty embraces.

Argen gets a resigned, slightly embarrassed look, revealing that the dwarf swarm was exactly what he was trying to avoid, knowing what they're like when they're drunk.

No no no, boys. I'd like to stay sober until I secure my next job, at least! Well, okay, maybe just one.

He obliges, hoping it causes them to get it out of their system and move on from him soon so he can focus on prospective leads Top might have, or serendipitous interest from newcomers to the tavern.


Female CG Cavern Elf Emissary Draconic (Silver) Sorcerer 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 16 (17 with Blood Magic) | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +5 | Class DC 17 | Perception +3 | Spells 1L 3/3 | Darkvision

Zamaris takes the opportunity to sing with the dwarves, although she passes the ale on to someone else every time it is passed to her, not wanting to impair her observations. She attempts to gather information from them about how they like this new land, where they are staying, and whether more of them are likely to come... all in a jovial, lighthearted way, of course. :)


female half-elf sorceress 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 13, TAC 13 | Class DC 17 | F +4, R +6, W +1 | Per +2 | Spells: Lvl 1 3/3 | Pow: 1/1

The bread was actually rather tasty, all things considered, and the ale was alright. She'd never been one for alcoholic beverages so she slowly sipped it. She was surprised to see another elf in the place, surprised and very nervous, and hoped this one didn't know who she was. If she did things could get very messy very fast.

See,you are worthless to them, they hate you, you should bring them all down, said the foul inner voice of her hag side. The loathsome witch kept trying to drive Vinexa further from those who might support her and deeper into despair and hatred.

Vinexa shook her head firmly at the voice and in her mind said, No, you are wrong, my fans care for me.

Your fans lust for you, they don't care for you beyond their carnal desires and you know it.

You're wrong witch, and I'll prove it to you.

Oh, and how will you do that?

Just watch!

Vinexa picked up her bread and ale and then stood. She looked to where where the gathered dwarves were along with the human and elf and walked towards them. Determined and confident at the moment Vinexa reached the group and asked, "Can I join you?"


Male Human Fighter 1 /\/\ Perc: +4 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 17 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +6 | Will: +4 | Class DC: 16 | Hero Points: 1/3

A tall man with a very rigid posture came through the front door of the White Wolf, his scale armour gleaming in yellows and reds with a rather intimidatingly large blade across his back. His face is unreadable for a moment before removing the hawk-like helmet to reveal a rather young and handsome looking face.

Carefully making his way through the tables, so as not to inadvertently strike people with his sheathed blade, the man arrives at the bar and asks, "Are you the proprietor of this establishment?"


Female CG Cavern Elf Emissary Draconic (Silver) Sorcerer 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 16 (17 with Blood Magic) | Fort +3 / Ref +6 / Will +5 | Class DC 17 | Perception +3 | Spells 1L 3/3 | Darkvision

Zamaris sees the green-haired elf approaching, and when she asks if she can join, Zamaris says

Sure! I'm guessing you don't know dwarven, but I can translate for you if anything comes up you don't understand. Here, sit by me. Do you prefer elven or common?


Top nods along with Argen's request. "Think you've missed your call. There were a few interesting groups in here earlier, but they went about their business last night or early this morning. These dwarves were in her last night, but there was more of 'em, if anything...I'll see what I can hear about an let you know." Top turns to the newcomer who is dressed in heavy armor, Argen notices, before he is dragged off to drink with the pungent builders.

One of the dwarves, a hearty fellow named Refkell pulls Argen aside. "Aye, the barkeep has the right o' it, lad. Two o' are number, Thorm and Dusi went missin' overnight. Rumor is they wen't over to the darkside, ye ken. Tha's why were drinkin' tonight, like a wake, ye see?"


Zamaris, watching with a detached eye, the carousing of the dwarves, and she picks up that two of the builders are missing and that these dwarves are a bit upset by their departure, so they are drowning their sorrows. Exactly what happened is unclear, but they reference the "darkside" and the "maker" quite often.

Her study is interrupted as a green-haired elf approaches and the two begin to chat. Zamaris notices something not quite right about Vinexa, but can't exactly put her finger on it.


Vinexa sees and approaches the full-blooded silver elf, anticipating nothing but rejection. She tolerates, barely, the dwarves milling about but sits with Zamaris, surprised to be invited.


Jorah is happy to hear the noise and bustle of the common room of the Inn. Often of late, he has been in solitude and the company is welcome. Standing at the brass rail, he asks the man behind the bar and hears: "Aye, lad. I am Top Cartwright at your service. Welcome to the White Wolf and to Tanner's Crossing. A drink or a bite to eat, son? Or perhaps you need a pillow to rest your head?"

The place seems to be full of dwarves, but a large muscular man stands in their midst, and two striking elven women sit together nearby. The rest of the public room seems to be full of common folk engaged in everday discussion over dinner or a mug of beer.

Jorah's eyes catch on one man in the back corner who sits at the table with a dark cloak thrown over his head obscuring his features.


Male human barbarian 1 | HP 21/21 | AC 18 | F+6 R+5 W+5 | Perc +5 | 25ft. | hero 1/3 | Active Conditions: None
DM DoctorEvil wrote:
Top nods along with Argen's request. "Think you've missed your call. There were a few interesting groups in here earlier, but they went about their business last night or early this morning. These dwarves were in her last night, but there was more of 'em, if anything...I'll see what I can hear about an let you know." Top turns to the newcomer who is dressed in heavy armor, Argen notices, before he is dragged off to drink with the pungent builders.

He nods at the barkeep. Appreciate it, Top.

DM DoctorEvil wrote:
One of the dwarves, a hearty fellow named Refkell pulls Argen aside. "Aye, the barkeep has the right o' it, lad. Two o' are number, Thorm and Dusi went missin' overnight. Rumor is they wen't over to the darkside, ye ken. Tha's why were drinkin' tonight, like a wake, ye see?"

Argen's face falls solemn. No... after all this way you've all come. Where were they last seen? Perhaps they still live! I can go look.

201 to 224 of 224 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Terra Nova - Homebrew Campaign by DM DoctorEvil - Hub Gameplay - Inn of the White Wolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.