Terra Nova - Homebrew Campaign by DM DoctorEvil - Hub

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Archive of Nethys PF2 PRD

Black Hearts' Incident thread

Haunting of Seaside Manor thread

Pilgrim's Progress thread

A Case of Missing Persons gameplay thread

Recruitment is always OPEN for this game


151 to 200 of 283 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Outside the White Wolf

Altherr, the wounded man, doesn't respond to your question about his preference, and upon closer examination you see he has passed out again, the poison working its way through his system.

"It seems you will be taking him to the medicine woman," says Roland. "I would join you but I have pressing business elsewhere. I would hear of your tale once you have investigated the Black Hearts more fully." He turns on his boot heel and disappears around the corner of the Inn.

Taking up the wounded man, you haul him towards the edge of town where the medicine woman, Lilith, lives. Outside her cottage grow all kinds of herbs, plants, and vegetables. The front porch has the drying remains of several small animals and a pair of muddy boots. There is lamp burning inside, so a knock at the door won't be wholly inconvenient.

Since it sounds like the 4 of you are game for it, I will pause the action here, and set up a separate gameplay thread (likely later today) and get the link so you can continue the adventure.


Human (Valerian)Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 7/16 | AC: 15, TAC: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 Society +5 Deception/Diplomacy/Intimidation +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions:

Sounds good!


Danalf, Litsy, and Divina

After the bard joins the group, you make your way outside to the stable. There, in a dark corner, stands the hooded man.

"So, you have already started to find worthy allies, good," he says in a quiet voice. "I hope they are committed, for the task I have for you will not be easy. Come closer, and see." He draws out a parchment with a crude map drawn on it.

Very similar to this map

"The hosts of Morgath here in Terra Nova wish to expand their foothold. Some of that expansion may come on the marches here near Tanner's Crossing where the Ionian settlements border the Valerian lands." He looks up making sure you are following along.

"We have reason to believe a group of Ionians, soldiers, settlers, and of course, priests, are setting out from the town of Morgath's Blessing. They have made camp here," his finger indicates the Pilgrim's Camp on the map. "I want to know where they are going, and what they plan to do when they get there. If they plan to advance to the river, upstream from Tanner's, it would not be good for us. From there, they could drive deeper into the wilderness, cut off the flow of water downstream, or fortify the place taking a serious foothold on a river we plan to exploit in years to come." He starts folding back up the map, tucking it into his tunic once again.

"Find out their plans and report back to me when you know. That's most important. Stopping or slowing them from attaining the river if possible but not at risk of getting the information out. How you do that is up to you. I trust your resourcefulness."

He brings out a small purse and hands it to Danalf. "There are 50 gold crowns here. Enough to equip you for an overland journey. These ponies are yours to use as you see fit." he indicates a half-dozen horses in the stalls in the stable, outfitted with appropriate tack and harness.

"Any questions?"


Female Human (Skilled) Bard 1 /\/\ Perc: +5 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Spell DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/3

"Would you to know if there are any members of the Black Crescent in that camp?"


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15* | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Do you have any more specific descriptions from among this group? How recently were they seen at this encampment, so that we have an idea of how quickly we need to head out to intercept them? MOST importantly...

He looks up at the man and catches his gaze for emphasis.

You gave vague generalities about the size of their group. Do you have more specific numbers so that we can better prepare and know if we need additional numbers?

Depending on these answers, Danalf *may* suggest that they do a little more recruiting before we break out into our own sub-thread. On the other hand, in discussing approaches with his new companions, they may collectively decide that smaller and stealthy is better. TBD.


I know we are spinning off into a thread, but too good to pass up

Once the man is safely inside the house of Lilith Sakima goes back outside. He takes a few minutes to look at the garden grabbing Tatanka and pointing out interesting specimens.


Here is the thread for those investigating the Black Hearts. Will try to link these separate threads at the top, both directions, so you can move back and forth easily.


Katze Sonjadottir wrote:


As the pair return downstairs, Katze moves up to bar, gets Top's attention and asks "I...we have some questions that need answers. What do you know of that man's house?" she asked as she looked up.

When Katze can finally gets Top's attention, she asks him about Longwood's family. Top frowns, lines wrinkling his ample forehead and sighs before answering. "Yeah, well that's a shame and no doubt 'bout it. Dirk's uncle, a man named Uriah Longwood, owned that place out above the seashore. He was a right wealthy fella but still simple and frugal like country folk can be. Seems he went a bit daft out there, an' kilt his wife and family, had 2 girls as I recall, an' then finished himself off too. Hired men found 'em after a few days missin'. Not good. Guess Dirk was t'only living heir, so he got t'place such as it is. I hear the spirits of 'em murdered girls still live there haunting t'place like. Couldn't pay me a royal crown to set foot in there, I tell ya. But maybe that girl priest can set things to right, eh?"

He motions to inquire if you want another drink, if not, he slides down the bar to fill a mug for another patron.


Divina Plavix wrote:
"Would you to know if there are any members of the Black Crescent in that camp?"

The man's eyes glint on Divina for a moment, a question there, but he doesn't ask it. "Almost certainly. I suspect the pilgrim's band is either lead by, or is a front for, the Crescents. They are the honor guard of Ionia after all, and if this is a strategic mission, and not just a religious journey, one of that Order is bound to be involved."


Danalf Tizaal wrote:

Do you have any more specific descriptions from among this group? How recently were they seen at this encampment, so that we have an idea of how quickly we need to head out to intercept them? MOST importantly...

He looks up at the man and catches his gaze for emphasis.

You gave vague generalities about the size of their group. Do you have more specific numbers so that we can better prepare and know if we need additional numbers?

The hooded man nods. "Good questions, but I don't have clear answers yet. Part of what I need you for. I suspect there are 2 dozen pilgrims in the caravan. Maybe a half-dozen real soldiers, and like I said, at least one of the Black Crescents. Probably one priest of Morgath also. More than that is merely supposition for now. Clearly, a frontal assault is not the play here; we are trying for subterfuge, perhaps you can understand why."

"I heard that are camped at the location on the map for several days while supplies and transportation is consolidated and arranged. If they are going out into the unknown in force, they will need a goodly amount of supplies, and moving large quantities in the wilderness won't be easy. They will move slowly, so you should be able to catch them quickly."

He looks at each of you in turn, he eyes reflecting a bit off the lantern light in the stable, but mostly hidden under his cowl. "Just to be clear, you will not be agents of the state in this mission. The Baron and the Crown will disavow you if you are caught. That's just the way it has to be in this matter. But, if you bring me the information I need, or if you can cause the column to turn back before the river, you will be handsomely rewarded and you will have served your nation most effectively."

"What other questions do you have?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I am trying to get all the questions answered and keep up with all the different story lines, but if I miss following up with you, please LMK. It's not unmanageable...yet But I might accidentally overlook something that's critical to you. thanks!


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15* | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Danalf nods. Makes sense. I suspect it will be hard to impede them materially and return with the information.

The Ionian thinks a little longer.

No, I think that's all of the questions I have. Given the nature of the task maybe it's best that we remain only a few, for the element of stealth.


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

Katze waved off his offer for another drink, then fished out and dropped a sold piece on the counter before turning and walking out to wait for her new teammate.

Transitioning to the other thread!


Female Human CN F Human Rogue (Thief) 1/ HP 17/17/ AC 18/ Saves: Fort (T) +4/ Ref (E) +9/ Will (E) +6/ Perception (E) +6/ Ini +6

Sorry for my absence! Rough week-end

The mission promises to be difficult, but if they can double or triple those fifty gold coins... That would keep Litsy afloat for a while.

Besides, getting paid to annoy priests of Morgath sounds almost too good to be true. She used to do that for free.

"Well, count me in then," she says confidently. "I'm sure we can think of something to stick a spoke in their wheels."

There is little doubt that she if already thinking of creative ways to be an absolute nuisance.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:11/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

After asking the bartender for directions to Seaside Manor, Elise leaves the bar to catch up to Katze.

Off to side thread!


Female Human (Skilled) Bard 1 /\/\ Perc: +5 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Spell DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/3

Divina blanched slightly at the mentioning of possible Black Crescents being involved but quickly shook it off. I mean, what are the odds word has reached this far?

"I'd say we have everything we need for now. Although, where are we bringing the information we find?"


"Return to me here," says the hooded man. "Or I will send word to you. If nothing else, leave a sealed message with Top Cartwright. He is a trustworthy man to deliver it to me or my people."

He nods, making sure you are all comfortable with the plan, and have no more questions. Once again, he indicates the horses, which you can pick from. And then, if there are no more questions, strides with intent out of the stable, leaving you to your own devices.

Will get a new thread started for your side story as soon as time permits, most likely tomorrow. Appreciate your patience!


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15* | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Sounds great, take your time! In the meantime...

After the man leaves Danalf begins to scan the row of horses.

How do you tell these things apart? Is any one more qualified than another?

He soon turns to his new teammates. So... I am unsure why you both so enthusiastically joined up with this dangerous effort. I would expect there are safer ways to make money, but I will not question your motives. I am Danalf, and I am a student of the arcane arts. What do each of you bring to this little excursion?


Female Human (Skilled) Bard 1 /\/\ Perc: +5 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Spell DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/3

"Nice to meet you, I'm Divina. I do a little of this, a little of that, mostly I play music to inspire my shipma......others to greater heights of success. I also happen to know an odd spell or two," The Bard blurted out before she could stop herself.

"As to why I joined, this seems like it's going to be an adventure. And I like adventures, so many new things to see."


Female Human CN F Human Rogue (Thief) 1/ HP 17/17/ AC 18/ Saves: Fort (T) +4/ Ref (E) +9/ Will (E) +6/ Perception (E) +6/ Ini +6

"I'm Litsy. Some call me Tiny. I'm fine with either," the girl says with a wink. "And I'm used to earn my crust by being a pest, Cleos be willing."


Ok, I will definitely get the new thread up tomorrow. Are you guys waiting till morning to set out, or planning on leaving now, just after dusk?


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15* | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Danalf self-consciously looks away at the wink, and continues planning with his new little group.

A minstrel, and a... pest? Well, whatever gets use discretely near their camp. I'd like to avoid direct contact if possible. In addition to obtaining info, what are the possible ways we could impede their progress without direct confrontation. Cutting off their line of supplies? That may still entail direct confrontation, even if with isolated individuals between them and their origin. Also not ideal. How about simply pilfering their supplies already in-camp, slowly but surely so that they are kept from moving on quickly? Spoiling all of their dry good with water. Other ideas?

He looks up at both of them expectantly, suddenly realizing that this is a material chance to gauge their ability to think on their feet.


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15* | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Good question. I think we can make it a point of our final conversation here in this thread.


Female Human (Skilled) Bard 1 /\/\ Perc: +5 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Spell DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/3

Divina thinks back to a specific time where a disgruntled crewmember tried to set their ship on fire with alchemist fire and a candle.

"You know, there are ways of 'direct confrontation' that don't require being direct. For instance, if we were to say arrange a torch to fall in or close to whatever structure held said supplies, it would disrupt their operations at least for a day. And if they were to investigate we'd be long gone with nothing to tie us there. Assuming of course they even knew we were."

Divina stretched and yawned, "But might I suggest we leave in the morning?" She also didn't want to waste a pre-paid bed entirely.


Here is the new thread link for your side adventure, which I am cleverly calling Pilgrim's Progress.. I will also link at top margin for easy of navigation.


Female Human CN F Human Rogue (Thief) 1/ HP 17/17/ AC 18/ Saves: Fort (T) +4/ Ref (E) +9/ Will (E) +6/ Perception (E) +6/ Ini +6

"It's gonna depend on how they're travelling," Litsy shrugs. "Anything from stealing the horses to cutting some ropes here and there may force them to turn back. We'll see once we're there."

She points at the golden coins.

"Anyone needs 'em to buy anything? I think I'm good, but you never know."


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15* | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: mage armor

Danalf nods at Divina's suggestion.

Yes, let's start in the morning with fresh bodies and minds.

Let's end here and "wake up" in the new thread :)


F Elf Monk 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Spd 30' | Hero Pts 1/1 | Focus Pts 1/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None | Effects: magic weapon (7 rnds)

The front door of the White Wolf quietly opens to admit a slight, lean woman. Her lissom movements marking her as a pure-blooded elf as much as her distinctly pointed ears, she is dressed in a short vest and a skirt-like garment, both dyed a fairly vivid bluish-green colour. Between them they leave a considerable but not outright scandalous amount of fair skin uncovered, most of which is adorned with strange, delicate tattoos.

Glancing around the inn with a half smile, blithely unconcerned by any odd or wary looks she might be getting, the elven woman slips across the common room on silent bare feet and approaches the bar. “My greetings to you!” she addresses the innkeeper in accented Common as she settles onto a barstool and tucks one leg under her. “I should like something fruity. Whatever you find worth to recommend.” The elf smiles amicably, brushing a few strands of grey-and-red hair out of her eyes.

I get one temporary trained skill each day thanks to Ancestral Longevity, which today shall be Diplomacy for all the good it’ll do me!


Top wipes down a mug and sets in front of the newcomer elf. Tia notices that many eyes in the bar train on her, not because of the way she's dressed. Tanner's Crossing is a human town, and elf are tolerated at best because of their innate and mysterious differences.

But at the Wolf, elves are welcome as anyone, provided they can pay. Top fills the mug with a cherry brandy, which is more potent than fruity. "Fruity ain't our stock an' trade, lass. Most come 'n here want to get drunk an' fast. So, my apologies on the closest we have." He nods, and move on down the bar to serve another patron.

As Tia looks around, she sees there is a table full of boisterous dwarves, and a sprinkling of fair-haired Valerian men and women, with no other elves in sight.

Might have to wait a bit to see who else interesting arrives, so feel free to RP as you see fit.


HP: 15 | AC: 14 | Fort (T): +2; Ref (T): +4; Will (E): +9 | Perception (T): +7 | Cleric Spell DC: 17 Spells/Day: 5 (5) / 1 (2; +3 slots of Heal) | Focus Points: 0 (1)

As the Elven woman looked around for a table, A Valerian man wearing functional robes entered the bar, carrying a wooden box under one arm. Approaching the bar, he said "Bustling as usualy, I see. I'll take the lunch special."

Approaching Tia, the man said "Hello miss. You look lost. Is there someone specific you're looking for, or perhaps some way that I may be of assistance?"

Close cropped, curly black hair topped his head, which was nearly 6' in height, although he was stick thin. There was a pattern to his robes that designated them as some sort of uniform, and now that he approached, it was obvious that the wooden box had alternating stained squares on the top.


F Elf Monk 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Spd 30' | Hero Pts 1/1 | Focus Pts 1/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None | Effects: magic weapon (7 rnds)

She smiles at being called ‘lass’ by a man who looks to be less than half her age – though coming from an old campaigner like himself, it’s hardly surprising. “I see,” the elf responds when presented with the cherry brandy. “That is all right. And it is not unexpected, if I am honest.” She sips the brandy, then thoughtfully eyes the dark red liquid in her mug. “Nor is this bad. Just very forthright.”

Tia turns to the newcomer. “Greetings!” she says, looking him up and down, and smiles a little wryly. “Oh, no, not lost. I am exactly where I mean to be.” She tilts her head, a sly, playful glint in her eyes. “Or perhaps you are saying I should not be here because I am elven?”


HP: 15 | AC: 14 | Fort (T): +2; Ref (T): +4; Will (E): +9 | Perception (T): +7 | Cleric Spell DC: 17 Spells/Day: 5 (5) / 1 (2; +3 slots of Heal) | Focus Points: 0 (1)

"I don't mean that at all. I was simply wondering if you needed assistance. As that is not the case, I'll leave you to it." Corso said as he moved to a small table in the corner and opens his box and begins setting up pieces on the grid.

Having set up the pieces, he looked up at Tia and said "You play?"


F Elf Monk 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Spd 30' | Hero Pts 1/1 | Focus Pts 1/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None | Effects: magic weapon (7 rnds)

“I am glad to hear it,” Tia says. “But, no, I’m not looking for a particular thing. You might say I am…exploring,” she adds, vaguely sweeping her hand across the common room in a gesture that presumably includes Tanner’s Crossing as a whole.

Picking up her mug, she pads over to the table and pulls up a chair. “A game? I do not know this. But you could teach me, yes?” She rests her arms on the table and smiles at the human. “Oh! And you may call me Tia. Easiest for your tongue, I think.”


HP: 15 | AC: 14 | Fort (T): +2; Ref (T): +4; Will (E): +9 | Perception (T): +7 | Cleric Spell DC: 17 Spells/Day: 5 (5) / 1 (2; +3 slots of Heal) | Focus Points: 0 (1)

"My name is Corso, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Tia." Corso then quietly explains the rules of the game.


Corso begins teaching Tia the rudimentary lessons about chess. The focus and concentration is on the board, not the surroundings, and they are both startled when a man comes up to them.

"Hello, so sorry to interrupt." He is an older man, his long beard turned white, his eyebrows a bushy tangle above deep-set dark eyes. Unlike many, he seems to actually mean his apology-by-way-of-introduction.

"I am Cornelius, and I see you are enjoying a game of strategy and skill. i am a bit of an enthusiast myself, but my playing companion has not yet arrived. I wondered, perhaps, if I might ask the lady here a particular question in that regard?" He waits for some word or gesture of acknowledgement before proceeding.


F Elf Monk 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Spd 30' | Hero Pts 1/1 | Focus Pts 1/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None | Effects: magic weapon (7 rnds)

The elf asks her fair share of questions while Corvo explains the rules to her, though said questions are as likely to be about the reasons why the pieces look the way they do, for instance, as they are to be about actually playing the game.

“So tell me, Corvo,” Tia says at one point, “is this what you do for leisure? Teach games to strange elves in taverns?” Of course, her slightly crooked smile suggests she doesn’t find this likely to be the case.

Focussed as she is on the board and the way the various pieces are moved across it, Tia almost jumps a little in her chair when the newcomer makes his presence known. “Apology accepted,” she tells the old man, her manner rather serious for a moment before her easy smile returns. “Skill, I think I have; strategy, maybe not so much. Anyway, you can ask if you like, but I do not know if I’ll have an answer for you.”


HP: 15 | AC: 14 | Fort (T): +2; Ref (T): +4; Will (E): +9 | Perception (T): +7 | Cleric Spell DC: 17 Spells/Day: 5 (5) / 1 (2; +3 slots of Heal) | Focus Points: 0 (1)

"Corso" he corrected without looking up from the board. After a taking his turn, he then added "This is just a hobby from my youth. I'm actually a priest in the service of the god Terrigan. I run a training ground on the outskirts of the town."

As the man interrupts their game, Corso looks up to see what specifically he needs. Corso's face is neutral, but there is perhaps a tiny bit of annoyance in his body language.


"Yes, well, again my apologies for interruption, but you being one of the Fair Folk, an elf that is, and a player of chess, maybe you have seen my good friend Atreus? He is a an elf like yourself, and I often meet with him to play here in the tavern. But he didn't come yesterday on our assigned meeting day, and he is not here today either. It is not like Atreus to miss a session without sending word. So, I wonder, is the circle of elves small enough that, since you share an interest, you have seen my friend or know his whereabouts? It is not safe on the roads these days,and I worry for him, especially given the...prejudice...of most of the locals."

He looks sincerely for reply, and you can see the hope in his eyes that you know or have some word from his friend, Atreus.


HP: 15 | AC: 14 | Fort (T): +2; Ref (T): +4; Will (E): +9 | Perception (T): +7 | Cleric Spell DC: 17 Spells/Day: 5 (5) / 1 (2; +3 slots of Heal) | Focus Points: 0 (1)

Corso finally looks up from his game and says "When was the last time you saw and spoke to your friend?"


F Elf Monk 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Spd 30' | Hero Pts 1/1 | Focus Pts 1/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None | Effects: magic weapon (7 rnds)

“Sorry, Corso!” she says, cheery but earnest. “Human names, they are a little odd.” Tia smiles. “A godly man! You do have that sort of look to yourself. But I’m not sure which god Terrigan is. You humans have so many, and we elves only the two.”

“Oh, I am only just getting taught to play,” she is quick to point out to Cornelius, and swivels in her chair to face him fully. “Atreus, you say?” She looks thoughtful for a moment. “No, I think I don’t know him. I’m of the dhennaa fech, you see,” the elf says as if that explained everything. “But, yes,” she continues, nodding at Corso’s words, “I don’t mind going to take a look for Atreus, if you can share a little more about him. Or we,” Tia adds with a glance at the priest.

My apologies for getting Corso’s name wrong – the Dishonored games have been on my mind a bit of late!


HP: 15 | AC: 14 | Fort (T): +2; Ref (T): +4; Will (E): +9 | Perception (T): +7 | Cleric Spell DC: 17 Spells/Day: 5 (5) / 1 (2; +3 slots of Heal) | Focus Points: 0 (1)

No worries. It makes perfect sense!

Corso nods at the Elven woman as he begins putting away his board.

"Terrigan is the god of war in all aspects, including strategy."

finishing putting things away, Corso secures a third chair and offers it to the man.

"Tell us everything you can about the situation."


F Elf Monk 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Spd 30' | Hero Pts 1/1 | Focus Pts 1/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None | Effects: magic weapon (7 rnds)

“No wonder you like this game!” Tia observes. “So the training ground of yours, Corso, who is it for? Players of chess? Warriors? Priests?”


HP: 15 | AC: 14 | Fort (T): +2; Ref (T): +4; Will (E): +9 | Perception (T): +7 | Cleric Spell DC: 17 Spells/Day: 5 (5) / 1 (2; +3 slots of Heal) | Focus Points: 0 (1)

"Yes." answers Corso to her questions.


Cornelius sits in the proffered chair, nodding his thanks to Corso. "Well, I have known Atreus for about a year. We have a mutual interest in the same game you are playing. He is the son of a elven noble or something, a man named Caranduil. Atreus is expected to take his fathers place on some sort of council someday, but doesn't feel like he has experienced enough of life to have wisdom. He is often conflicted about this and we discuss it during our weekly games here. He has not missed a game without sending word in all that time, so I am concerned that he has run off, or worse..."

Tia:
You may not have heard of Atreus or even his father Faranduil, at least by name, but you are aware of the Council, the rhuadan in Elvish, which is comprised of wise men from many different tribes and families that meet to guide the people. In fact, it was wisdom from the rhuadan that caused the Elves to accept the newcomers in peace, instead of through feats of arms.

"I know that when he is particularly thoughtful, Atreus goes to a place called Point of Rocks, which is a few miles up the river. He often mediates there or writes in his journal. Maybe, if nothing else, you can go see if he is there? It would ease my mind to know that he is safe."


HP: 15 | AC: 14 | Fort (T): +2; Ref (T): +4; Will (E): +9 | Perception (T): +7 | Cleric Spell DC: 17 Spells/Day: 5 (5) / 1 (2; +3 slots of Heal) | Focus Points: 0 (1)

"Have you known him to go missing or out of contact for days of time?"


Cornelius shakes his head sadly. "I only meet with him weekly, not every day but he has always kept our appointments or sent word if he could not. He has never just not shown up. He is young, for an elf, and given to flights of fancy at times, but he is conscientious and well-mannered and would not willfully no-show, I believe. I think that something unfortunate has happened to the young man. I hope for the best, but fear the worst."


HP: 15 | AC: 14 | Fort (T): +2; Ref (T): +4; Will (E): +9 | Perception (T): +7 | Cleric Spell DC: 17 Spells/Day: 5 (5) / 1 (2; +3 slots of Heal) | Focus Points: 0 (1)

"Well, I suppose we should go settle this matter. I'd hate for your friend to lie in need of help and not receive it."

Walking up to the bar, Corso says "Would you mind hanging onto this for me Top?" as he holds forward his chess set.

Once that is secured, Corso turns to Tia and says "So, shall we get started?"


F Elf Monk 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 19 | F +6, R +9, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Spd 30' | Hero Pts 1/1 | Focus Pts 1/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None | Effects: magic weapon (7 rnds)

“Ooh, it is the rhuadan,” the elf remarks. “Yes, a council of the elven wise. Your friend has an important future ahead of himself! Though I do not envy him it. Big decisions to be made, you see.”

Tia nods, rising smoothly to her feet. “It does sound like maybe Atreus has had an accident. This land isn’t always safe even for us. So, I too will go upriver to Point of Rocks and look for him there.” First she heads over to the bar and pays for her drink, however, before rejoining Corso, ready to leave.

It’s occurred to me that the elves aren’t too likely to be using the same form(s) of currency as the human outsiders, but I suppose Tia might have come by a few Valerian coins at some point. Somehow. ;)


Cartwright slides Corso's game board and pieces under the bar and swipes up the payment from the others, glancing queerly at Tia's elven coinage, but accepting it without protest -- clearly a sign of the times...

Once that's done, Cornelius sighs with relief. "I am glad you will look for the lad, I was afraid you'd think me a crackpot or something. Well, I'd look for him at Point of Rocks, and if he's not there, maybe his elven village? Not sure where else to say..." The older man goes and sits alone, his foot tapping with anxiety as he waits for news.

So what is the plan?


HP: 15 | AC: 14 | Fort (T): +2; Ref (T): +4; Will (E): +9 | Perception (T): +7 | Cleric Spell DC: 17 Spells/Day: 5 (5) / 1 (2; +3 slots of Heal) | Focus Points: 0 (1)

"Can you give us directions to this point of rocks?" asks Corso.

After receiving directions, Corso turns to Tia and says "Do you need to collect any gear or make any purchases?"

151 to 200 of 283 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Terra Nova - Homebrew Campaign by DM DoctorEvil - Hub Gameplay - Inn of the White Wolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.