Terra Nova - Homebrew Campaign by DM DoctorEvil - Hub

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Archive of Nethys PF2 PRD

Black Hearts' Incident thread

Haunting of Seaside Manor thread

Pilgrim's Progress thread

A Case of Missing Persons gameplay thread

Recruitment is always OPEN for this game


101 to 150 of 283 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15* | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: mage armor
DM DoctorEvil wrote:

The grim man nods, a smile almost touching his face for the first time. He seems about to answer, when Litsy interrupts. The grim man looks at her sternly but says nothing.

As Danalf asks if he is recruiting, the hooded fellow nods once. "I am not recruiting. But you are. If you think this slip of a girl is worthy to join you, then she may join your 'crew' as you see fit. She certainly has sharp ears, and a lot of brass." He shrugs.

Tiny Litsy wrote:

At the corner of her eye, Litsy can see a woman sitting at a table nearby, and so within earshot.

"Name's Tiny," she says, matter-of-fact. "Seems like our friend just heard something he didn't like. Wanna find out what it is?"

Danalf watches the man leave and then looks back at the woman who'd interjected.

So, I'm unsure what your interest in this is. I have yet to even hear the details of this man's task. Was he being coy? Does he know you already?

He begins to realize how accusatory of a tone he might be inadvertently taking as he fumbles around for ground truth in his disoriented state. He thought it odd the man singled him out of the whole crowd and then this woman appears interested in their conversation out of nowhere.

He sighs.

Apologies, have a seat. I'm Danalf. I don't think he disliked anything, I believe he simply wants me to assemble trusted companions with which to complete a task, before I meet with him to get the details.


Female Human (Skilled) Bard 1 /\/\ Perc: +5 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Spell DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/3
DM DoctorEvil wrote:

Divina

Things are going swimmingly for Divina. She is playing her heart out and adding just the right touch of music and the crowd is eating it up. Despite her concern for caution, she is right where she loves to be.

Then she looks up and sees the whole back half of the bar leaving abruptly. The exiting patrons concern her a bit and she loses concentration for just a half-second before finishing up the song with a dramatic flourish.

Applause and adulation surround her, but she is also curious about what happened near the bar area.

As she dismounts the stage, Rose approaches with a steaming bowl of fish chowder and a loaf of bread. "Compliments of the house," she says with a smile. "Top doesn't give out food often, so he must have been impressed. I thought you played divinely." She bows slightly and turns back to her work.

The table happens to be next to where an Ionian man and a smallish woman seem to be having some sort of discussion.

Divina wanted to see if she could follow those that left to see if she did something they didn't like. But her stomach protested otherwise. Taking the seat next to the Ionian man and smallish woman, she began eating her free meal. Her eyes kept flitting to the door, looking as though the was ready to run at any moment.

No you did it Divina. I'll just bet someone is on their way to send a message to Ser Crathen, She thought to herself.


Male Elf | HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7 Fighter 1 | Speed 35ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions: AoO/Shield Block | Conditions: None

Follow the blood trail? I need to drink less. No reason to have missed that.

Survival (Track): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Female Human CN F Human Rogue (Thief) 1/ HP 17/17/ AC 18/ Saves: Fort (T) +4/ Ref (E) +9/ Will (E) +6/ Perception (E) +6/ Ini +6

"Yeah, he nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard 'bout a wounded man. Nothing suspicious about that. Happens to me all the time."

Litsy sits comfortably on the chair.

"And I don't know anything about this guy except that I've never seen him, he's super shady, and that with everything you told him, should he turn against you, you'd be in deep poo-poo."

She shrugs.

"Now me? I need a boss. And a guy that gets that honest on the first date? Score."


Outside the Inn

Selina seems quite afraid of the pair of Novans. She points at them with a trembling finger. "It was those strange Novans. They took Melvern and I and held us against our will. That man," she indicates the wounded, poisoned fellow lying prone on the ground still. "He rescued us from their clutches and took that serious wound in the process." She stands on tiptoe and whispers something in Blake's ear.

Blake:
"We must help this man, but I don't trust those two strange men. I think they were in on it."

While Selina speaks, Sakima starts out looking for the blood trail starting to the south, the way to the stone bridge. But try as he might, he sees nothing. Adair starts looking the other way, and the sharp-eyed elf spies the blood-trail leading back towards the north along the main road of Tanner's Crossing.

After Tatanka's magic takes its effect, the wounded man stirs a bit, his eyes fluttering open and eventually focusing. "Where am I?" he asks weakly, beads of perspiration covering his forehead. "Are the halflings safe?"

Adair:
You are a local, after a fashion, so you know there is a local medicine woman who lives in a cabin along the river west of the village. Most think of her as an herbal healer curing warts or small fevers or a witch, making love potions etc. But that's the best Tanner's Crossing has in the healing arts at present. Her name is Lilith.

GM Screen:

Sakima DC 15 Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Sakima Perception DC 20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Finding nothing Sakima returns to the wounded man and Tatanka-Ptecila. He casts a glance at his fellow Novan.

Druidic:
Will he live?

I am unsure if I speak "common" or not. I am fine with not to be honest.

He does not understand the words coming from the small woman. She seems upset. He lays his spear on the ground and raises his hands, showing them to be empty. He slowly edges closer to her in much the same way that he would approach a growling wolf.


Elise Emeria wrote:

250 gold pieces? That's a fortune! Still, he is a rich lordling now . . . no need to hold back.

"Make it 300 gold pieces each, and you'll have a deal," she suggests. She looks to Katze to see if her newfound companion feels the same way.

Dirk shrugs. "Sure. I'll pay you 600 gold crowns in total if you can exorcise whatever is haunting my house and make it livable. You can hire out more, or get materials like holy water -- I hear that's effective against spirits -- but that'll be out of your fee. Deal?" He holds out his ink-smudged hand to shake offering it first to Elise and then to the big northwoman.

If you accept, its up to you if you want to hire out any of the other PC's, or just take the two of you for investigation. When you are ready, we may shift to another Gameplay thread.


Sakima wrote:


I am unsure if I speak "common" or not. I am fine with not to be honest.

It's up to you if you speak or understand Common speech Not doing so may present future communication problems as you start to really adventure with others, but you'll have to find a way around. Oh, and I'm fine if you go back and add a tent. There are plenty of open spaces around the village for camping.


Danalf and Litsy

The cloaked stranger said to meet him in one hour by the stables attached to the White Wolf. You can sit and RP till then or do other things, including recruiting those who might be likely to help -- harder if you don't know the mission I know. Up to you what you do next. If ready to move ahead an hour, just LMK.

As the two strangers sit together and chat lightly, Ella stops at the table. "Need anything dearies?." She sees the pile of coins, about 5x the amount due, and gives you a questioning look. "Are those coins yours, or..."


Ok, is there an issue with me just adding Common to my languages known?


Male Elf | HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7 Fighter 1 | Speed 35ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions: AoO/Shield Block | Conditions: None

"You are outside the White Wolf. The short ones are safe. They blame the man who saved your life for kidnapping them and nearly killing you. We need to get you to Lilith. She may help against the poison."

He taps Sakima's arm pointing at the blood trail with his chin once he has the man's attention.


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15* | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: mage armor
Tiny Litsy wrote:

"Yeah, he nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard 'bout a wounded man. Nothing suspicious about that. Happens to me all the time."

Litsy sits comfortably on the chair.

"And I don't know anything about this guy except that I've never seen him, he's super shady, and that with everything you told him, should he turn against you, you'd be in deep poo-poo."

She shrugs.

"Now me? I need a boss. And a guy that gets that honest on the first date? Score."

Yes, there is danger in this, but I simply want to hear him out. I suppose you already overheard why I would or would not want to take on such a mission. What about you? Are you curious to hear the details? You're welcome to come along if so. What do you do anyway?

DM DoctorEvil wrote:

Danalf and Litsy

The cloaked stranger said to meet him in one hour by the stables attached to the White Wolf. You can sit and RP till then or do other things, including recruiting those who might be likely to help -- harder if you don't know the mission I know. Up to you what you do next. If ready to move ahead an hour, just LMK.

As the two strangers sit together and chat lightly, Ella stops at the table. "Need anything dearies?." She sees the pile of coins, about 5x the amount due, and gives you a questioning look. "Are those coins yours, or..."

Would that get us each a bit of food while we talk?

Understood, I presumed we were going to role-play toward some agreement or not.


Sakima starts as Adair touches him, but relaxes when he sees no danger. Glancing where the man points he sees the blood trail. He nods but returns his focus to the small woman


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

Katze nods in acceptance but does not shake the man's hand. As they are walking away from the man's room, Katze says "Nice job. So, do you know anything about exorcising ghosts?"


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:11/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

Elise shakes the clerk's ink-stained hand. "Thank you, Master Longwood. We will gladly take care of this problem for you. Would you have any keys we could borrow for the manor? Also, may I suggest an advance on our fee, for supplies and the like? I imagine ten percent--30 gold for each of us--will be enough to get necessary supplies."

Elise accepts whatever amount of advance (if any) that Dirk is willing to pay, and then takes her leave.

Once they are far enough away to avoid being heard, Elise smirks at Katze. "I don't know the first thing about ghosts. But I'm willing to bet that the house isn't nearly as dangerous as he believes. We root out whatever the problem is, burn some sweet smelling incense to make the manor feel nice, and voila! Problem solved. Let's see what our bartender friend downstairs knows about the manor, and go from there."

Happy to split off on our own Gameplay thread!


Human (Valerian)Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 7/16 | AC: 15, TAC: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 Society +5 Deception/Diplomacy/Intimidation +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions:
Selina wrote:
Selina seems quite afraid of the pair of Novans. She points at them with a trembling finger. "It was those strange Novans. They took Melvern and I and held us against our will. That man," she indicates the wounded, poisoned fellow lying prone on the ground still. "He rescued us from their clutches and took that serious wound in the process." She stands on tiptoe and whispers something in Blake's ear.
Adair wrote:

"You are outside the White Wolf. The short ones are safe. They blame the man who saved your life for kidnapping them and nearly killing you. We need to get you to Lilith. She may help against the poison."

He taps Sakima's arm pointing at the blood trail with his chin once he has the man's attention.

Blake chimes in.

"Blake Fleming.", he says, mostly looking at the wounded man and the second Novan.

"The halflings are quite safe here. I would have your names, and knowledge of what happened out there. From what I understand, it was Novans who struck you as you rescued the halflings.", he continues, glancing at Adair and the second Novan with curiosity.

"I would have the truth, and know whom can be trusted in these parts."


Sakima wrote:
Ok, is there an issue with me just adding Common to my languages known?

Fine. Assume Common is a known language for any PC's. Even Novans.


Outside the White Wolf

As Blake asks the wounded man what happened, another hooded figure steps from the shadows around the corner of the inn and strides towards you with grim purpose.

"His name is Altherr." says the newcomer, kneeling at the side of the wounded man. "He works for me. He was watching a tribe of Novans, the Black Hearts we call them, as there is rumor of unrest among that group. I don't know what happened, but it seems that the Black Hearts took these halflings and then hurt my friend."

The man says a few words to the injured ranger in a language none fo you understand. Altherr nods weakly, and speaks "Roland says it true. I was watching the Black Hearts encampment and saw them drag in these two good people," he indicates the halflings with a nod of his head. "It seemed they were in danger, so I sneaked into the camp and tried to free them, when I was struck by one of their witch doctors. The next thing I knew, I woke up here."

Selina chirps in. "He is such a brave fellow! We were in the woods picking berries for my gooseberry pie -- I think Melvern was eating as many as he picked -- when we were taken by wild men. They had strange tattoos over their left eyes. Melvern got hit on the head, and was out cold, but they dragged us to some encampment and threatened to kill us. This man, Altherr, saved us but was hurt badly. We brought him here, looking for help."

Melvern says, "I wonder if they have pie in the Inn? I think I should get a free slice for my troubles."

Novans:
You have heard of a local tribe of other Novans, the Ra-Kep-Noth, who have a black heart-shaped tattoo over their left eye. They have been in the area since the founding, but you've never heard of aggressive behavior like this from any Novans before.


Male N Human (Novan) Herbalist Druid 1 | HP: 17 | AC: 16 | Fort: +4; Reflex: +5; Will +9 | Perc: +7; Stealth +5 | Speed: 25 | 1st Spell Slots: 1/2 | FP: 2 | HeP: 1 | Acro: +5; Craft: +4; Diplo: +3; Lore (Herb): +4; Nat: +7; Surv: +7 | Str: +1; Dex: +2; Con: +1; Int: +1; Wis: +4; Cha +0 | Current Effects: None

Glancing at the younger shaman next to him when he voices a question, Tatanka quickly replies.

Druidic:
"He should now."

He then turns back to the wounded man and the others clustered around the entrance to the inn. As the new figure approaches, he listens to what he says, trying to understand as much as he can. After the people are finished speaking, he says. "Tatanka has heard of the Ra-Kep-Noth tribe, the Black Hearts as you call them. They have lived in this area for several winters, as long or longer than you new people have been here." He frowns slightly, looking to Altherr and Roland. "Tatanka hasn't heard of takings like this before. Very strange. Why were you watching them?"

I am assuming that Tatanka know Common, but isn't fully fluent in it.


Female Human (Skilled) Bard 1 /\/\ Perc: +5 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Spell DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/3

Point of clarification, I am sitting at the table next to Danalf and Litsy, correct?


Human (Valerian)Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 7/16 | AC: 15, TAC: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 Society +5 Deception/Diplomacy/Intimidation +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions:

Blake addresses Adair and the other Novans.

"These Black Hearts, these Ra-Kep-Noth, why would they take halflings?"


Male N Human (Novan) Herbalist Druid 1 | HP: 17 | AC: 16 | Fort: +4; Reflex: +5; Will +9 | Perc: +7; Stealth +5 | Speed: 25 | 1st Spell Slots: 1/2 | FP: 2 | HeP: 1 | Acro: +5; Craft: +4; Diplo: +3; Lore (Herb): +4; Nat: +7; Surv: +7 | Str: +1; Dex: +2; Con: +1; Int: +1; Wis: +4; Cha +0 | Current Effects: None

Tatanka rolls his shoulders back, a sign of uncertainty among his tribe and several others. "Tatanka is unsure about that. Perhaps these two who watched them would know. If not, perhaps we may need to go ask the Ra-Kep-Noth."


Sakima pats his chest with one hand. Sakima, I am child... no... I am learner of Tatanka. I will not hurt. We are not Ra-Kep-Noth

What do I know about the Black Hearts? What is our history with them? I am assuming a society check for which I have a 0 bonus?


Female Human CN F Human Rogue (Thief) 1/ HP 17/17/ AC 18/ Saves: Fort (T) +4/ Ref (E) +9/ Will (E) +6/ Perception (E) +6/ Ini +6

"Oh, I'm curious about the type of work he wants us to do, and even more curious about how much he's ready to pay for it," Litsy answers. "Done a bit of everything. Been a bit of a scout, a bit of a locksmith, a bit of a bodyguard, a bit of an informer. Got a finger in every pie," she adds, in a tone that suggests that it might not have been her pies.


Male Elf | HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7 Fighter 1 | Speed 35ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions: AoO/Shield Block | Conditions: None

Adair looks at this feet for a moment before looking at Blake and answering. Kind of. "Small, easy target for cowards. Some will strike at the invaders however they can. Do not know if Ra-Kep-Noth are like that. Could be. Could be else. They describe many present. Some may still be where fight happened." He points with his chin, again, in the direction the blood trail indicates.

"He needs to ask Lilith for help. I will take him." He looks down to the seemingly healed man, with poison expected to still be coursing through his body, "If you want to seek Lilith?"


Not taking his eyes off the woman Samika asks Tatanka a question.

Druidic:
This elf points out the blood trail. Do we go?


Divina Plavix wrote:
Point of clarification, I am sitting at the table next to Danalf and Litsy, correct?

Correct.


Danalf Tizaal wrote:
Would that get us each a bit of food while we talk?

"Most definitely and then some, I should think," says the dark-haired wench with a smile. "I'll bring dinner for two and 2 mugs of ale to wash it down." she bustles off, leaving Danalf and Litsy to their work.

At the table next to you, the flame-haired performer who just wowed the crowd, sits and eats her repast. The sound of commotion outside has died down and the usual buzz of conversation.

After a few minutes, Ella returns with bowls of steaming beef stew and a loaf of warm bread and freshly churned butter. Along wit the dinner, comes two earthen flagons of a cold, rich ale.

She scoops up the coins, returns a few to your table and checks on the lady at the next table.

I'll leave you eat your dinner and compare stories in peace until you decide to set out for the stables or interact with someone else. No pressure.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elise Emeria wrote:
Elise shakes the clerk's ink-stained hand. "Thank you, Master Longwood. We will gladly take care of this problem for you. Would you have any keys we could borrow for the manor? Also, may I suggest an advance on our fee, for supplies and the like? I imagine ten percent--30 gold for each of us--will be enough to get necessary supplies."

Longwood nods. "Yes, well 10 percent in advance doesn't seem like too much of a risk." He counts out 30 crowns and hands you them in a small leather bag along with a long brass key. "For the manor house, I have been told. Didn't get to use it myself," he says sheepishly. "I'll be here at the inn when you return. Best of luck."

Feel free to migrate over to the very first Terra Nova subthread for the start of your own adventure. Good Luck, hope you make it back to the Inn!


Sakima:
Your own village is a good 10 days travel from here so the Ra-Kep-Noth are not intimately known to you, though you have vaguely heard of this tribe before. They are not known to be especially violent or resistant to the newcomers, so this behavior, from any Novan tribe, strikes you as out of character. The leader of this clan is a shaman named Ungas.

Altherr is still weak and pale, the poison still coursing through his system. "I know not why the Black Hearts took these halflings. I just saw the crime and acted. It would be good to know what they were up to." he says softly, a grimace of pain contorting his features after he speaks.

Selina says, "I heard them say something about burning the village. I don't know what village, but surely they didn't mean Tanner's? Why would anyone wish us harm? We've always gotten along well with the Novans."

Roland, the hooded man, says, "Altherr was acting on my orders. There was a rumor that the clans in this area were acting up. It seems there may be more to that then we knew, but why is still a mystery. Maybe your group will investigate what is going on with the Black Hearts and report back to me here? First though, I agree Altherr needs an anti-venom. Take him to your weird woman if you wish, or to Father Mortimer at the church, and see if they can ease his pain and stop the venom."

"I've had it," cries Melvern in a plaintive voice. "I'm going home for dinner, enough adventures for one day..."

The four of you can accept Roland's challenge and investigate the Black Hearts, or you can decline and wait for the next plot hook. If you are ready to accept, let me know, and I will set up another sub-thread for your own adventure.

GM Screen:

Sakima Society DC 12: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Sakima looks at Tatanka.

Ungas is shaman. I not know why attack. We go talk.

Druidic:
I would like to go. Will you come?


Human (Valerian)Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 7/16 | AC: 15, TAC: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 Society +5 Deception/Diplomacy/Intimidation +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions:

"This is most concerning! I will lend my expertise to an investigation into the matter of these Black Hearts!"


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15* | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: mage armor
DM DoctorEvil wrote:
"Most definitely and then some, I should think," says the dark-haired wench with a smile. "I'll bring dinner for two and 2 mugs of ale to wash it down." she bustles off, leaving Danalf and Litsy to their work.

Thank you! Danalf nods at the barmaid. He turns to Litsy, We may as well have our fill with the money he left before the hour is up.

Tiny Litsy wrote:
"Oh, I'm curious about the type of work he wants us to do, and even more curious about how much he's ready to pay for it," Litsy answers. "Done a bit of everything. Been a bit of a scout, a bit of a locksmith, a bit of a bodyguard, a bit of an informer. Got a finger in every pie," she adds, in a tone that suggests that it might not have been her pies.

I suspect my story is less interesting than all of those hats you've worn. I fled Iona when the new regime took over and begin oppressing those who follow the Eight. I brought some with me. I've always been fascinated with magic, and the opportunity to explore and practice it here has been a boon. I will admit, even not knowing much about this man's mission, I am itching to put my recently developed skills to a real test. He fidgets a bit nervously and he realizes he never even got the man's name.


Female Human (Skilled) Bard 1 /\/\ Perc: +5 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Spell DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/3

Even though she wasn't intentionally listening to their conversation, the mentioning of Iona caught the Bard's attention. With practised ease, Divina went about eating while listening as to go unnoticed.


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

"Agreed, although he is a man so I'm not expecting too much."

As the pair return downstairs, Katze moves up to bar, gets Top's attention and asks "I...we have some questions that need answers. What do you know of that man's house?" she asked as she looked up.


Male N Human (Novan) Herbalist Druid 1 | HP: 17 | AC: 16 | Fort: +4; Reflex: +5; Will +9 | Perc: +7; Stealth +5 | Speed: 25 | 1st Spell Slots: 1/2 | FP: 2 | HeP: 1 | Acro: +5; Craft: +4; Diplo: +3; Lore (Herb): +4; Nat: +7; Surv: +7 | Str: +1; Dex: +2; Con: +1; Int: +1; Wis: +4; Cha +0 | Current Effects: None

Druidic:
"Yes, I will go as well Sakima. This entire situation seems strange, and I want to know more."

Turning to the others clustered outside the tavern, he says to them "Tatanka will accompany you if you will allow it. This situation is strange. Where shall we take this man? Do you have an opinion, Altherr?" He looks to the poisoned man.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:11/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

@Katze--we have a new subthread now! We should post there once we're done chatting with the innkeeper.

"You really don't like men, do you? Is that normal among northerners?"

Descending down to the ground level again, Elise chuckles inside as Katze begins talking like a teammate. This is working out better than I could've hoped she thinks.

She leans in to speak to Top, alongside Katze. "Yes, can you tell us anything you know about Seaside Manor and its former inhabitant? Seems like the man died quite suddenly and had no immediate family."


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor
Elise Emeria wrote:
@Katze--we have a new subthread now! We should post there once we're done chatting with the innkeeper.

Will do!

Elise Emeria wrote:
"You really don't like men, do you? Is that normal among northerners?"

"My mother taught me that all men were good for nothing but pleasure. She would often take lovers and then throw them overboard when she was done with them. I...once fell in love with a man, and for that, I was thrown overboard myself. As a result, I have been trying to temper what my mother taught me, but most men I have met are unworthy of my respect."


Sakima will lift the man up and support one side and Tatanka (presumably) supports the other. In wolf den place? he points with his free hand to the Inn, although all he knows is that it is a place with a wolf on the sign.


Male Elf | HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7 Fighter 1 | Speed 35ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions: AoO/Shield Block | Conditions: None

"Lilith is not here. He needs to go this way, if he chooses. He is awake and an adult. His fate is his choice."


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:11/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

Elise is stunned at Katze's explanation. "Wow, you really are from another world. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I had to run away from home too. My mother kicked me out, but I admit it's not at all the same since she was just trying to protect me. My real name is Elise, by the way. Dana is just something I made up." IProbably stolen from Danalf, to be honest..

"So, at the risk of picking at an old wound, what happened to your lover?"


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

Katze's eyes darken just a bit, and her face lowers at bit, ath Elise's last question.

With a sigh, she says "I assume that my mother took him, tortured him, and then killed him. She is a very dangerous woman, and sometimes allowed her rage to control her. When she did what she did to me, she was under such a rage; when she calmed, she would likely have blamed Dimitri for 'corrupting' me or something like that, and gone after him with everything she had. His small coastal port town would not have survived her fury."

At this, she swallows hard and says "and thus concludes my sad tale of woe. So if I might ask, to change the topic, what happened with your mother?"


Female Human CN F Human Rogue (Thief) 1/ HP 17/17/ AC 18/ Saves: Fort (T) +4/ Ref (E) +9/ Will (E) +6/ Perception (E) +6/ Ini +6

"I want to know who we're dealing with," Litsy nods. "A man of his cause will be less likely to double-cross you. An opportunist, on the other hand..."

She sips at her ale, and grins.

"So whaddaya you say, boss? Is it a deal?"


Female Human (Skilled) Bard 1 /\/\ Perc: +5 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Spell DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/3

Her curiosity peaked, Divina couldn't stop herself. Finishing her drink, "Excuse me for eaves dropping, but what sort of work are you two getting into?"


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:11/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

Elise regards Katze for a moment, wondering how much to reveal. But she decides she should be honest with her new partner and protector. "Nothing happened to my mother. Or at least not my adoptive mother." Elise pulls back her shawl for a moment, and pointy elven ears peek out from underneath. "I'm part elf, part human. I couldn't even tell you which part my birth mother was. It doesn't much matter." She pulls up the shawl once more.

"What matters is that I overstayed my welcome in my hometown of Tannisport. My mother--the one who cared for me--warned me as much. So I left. I've been trying to just figure out what to eat from one day to the next, but if we can get our hands on this reward, I won't have to worry about my next meal for quite a while!" The thought reminds her about the elf she had been chatting with earlier. She looks around but sees that Adair had departed. I'll have to look for him again, there's so much I want to learn about elves.


Female Human CN F Human Rogue (Thief) 1/ HP 17/17/ AC 18/ Saves: Fort (T) +4/ Ref (E) +9/ Will (E) +6/ Perception (E) +6/ Ini +6

"Ay, what kind of work, that's the very question," Litsy smiles. She glances at Danalf, apparently letting him decide what details to reveal and what to keep silent.


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 15* | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: mage armor
Tiny Litsy wrote:
"So whaddaya you say, boss? Is it a deal?"

Yes, let's go hear the details. He gets up from the table to lead her outside to meet up with the mysterious man.

Tiny Litsy wrote:
"Ay, what kind of work, that's the very question," Litsy smiles. She glances at Danalf, apparently letting him decide what details to reveal and what to keep silent.

Danalf sighs. I'm starting to doubt that he targeted me specifically, and just generally held a conversation out loud for anybody in the entire bar to overhear. I have no idea what the details are, how dangerous it is, whether there's pay enough for a third person, or answers to any other question you could come up with. Follow along if you want to see if there's room.

He continues towards the exit with Litsy.


Female Human (Skilled) Bard 1 /\/\ Perc: +5 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Spell DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/3

She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but something was telling the Bard to follow him. Getting a couple more spoonfuls into her mouth, she followed the pair outside.


Male Elf | HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7 Fighter 1 | Speed 35ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions: AoO/Shield Block | Conditions: None

"I will guide him to Lilith, if he chooses her help."


Human (Valerian)Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 7/16 | AC: 15, TAC: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 Society +5 Deception/Diplomacy/Intimidation +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions:

"And I am willing to accompany ye to this Lilith."

101 to 150 of 283 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Terra Nova - Homebrew Campaign by DM DoctorEvil - Hub Gameplay - Inn of the White Wolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.