Terra Nova - Homebrew Campaign by DM DoctorEvil - Hub

Game Master DM DoctorEvil

Archive of Nethys PF2 PRD

Black Hearts' Incident thread

Haunting of Seaside Manor thread

Pilgrim's Progress thread

Recruitment is always OPEN for this game


51 to 100 of 204 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Blake enters the White Wolf and stops for a moment to look around. He sees a troop of dwarves, a red-haired woman mounting the stage, an elven man (oddly enough) standing at the bar. He also notices the presence of more than a few native Ionians here. At first glance, he sees no one who outranks him on the social scale, just as he likes it, and he saunters up to the bar, standing near, but not next to the elf.

A pair of serving girls, one strawberry-haired the other dark, hustle drinks around the common room which appears exceptionally busy. Many drinks are still full, indicating someone has just bought a round for the house.

When he can get the attention of the barkeep, Cartwright looks at him and gives a small bow. "Milord, you honor us by breaking bread here. What's your pleasure?" Those within earshot hear the thick brogue of the the bartender disappear as he address on of the peerage.

Not sure that you need a Streetwise feat roll in this case, it is specifically to Gather Information using Society instead of Diplomacy skills. Might come in handy later though.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:15/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3
DM DoctorEvil wrote:

Elise and Katze

As strange as the request is, nothing in the demeanor of Top, the barman, leads Emelia to believe he is being dishonest or making fun. "Aye," says Top. "He's in the first room at t'top of t'stairs. Master Longwood's his name. Dirk Longwood. Tell him I sent yeh."

As Katze says something about the money being right, Top adds, before turning to the woman with bright red hair. "Looks like t'kinda bloke who could pay, if yeh ken."

Elise whispers to Katze. "Longwood, seriously? Send a couple girls upstairs to see Master Longwood? If that bartender is playing me . . ." she pulls her shawl a little bit closer to preserve her modesty.

DM DoctorEvil wrote:

Provided you leave the common room and head upstairs, you find the first door easily enough. After a rap upon it, a man's voice calls for you to enter. Opening the door, you see a finely appointed guest room, one of the fine rooms it appears. There is a drawing room and separate bedroom. A tall, thin man with curly brown hair and pince-nez spectacles balanced on the end of a long nose, sits at a table covered with all forms of papers and vellum parchment. He has ink-smudges on his face and fingers, including a rather messy blot on his well-appointed tunic.

"Yes?" he says, with an air of impatience. "What can I do for you?"

Making her way upstairs, Elise is rather befuddled by the man before her, surrounded by parchment and ink. "Pardon Master Longwood, we were sent by the bartender because he thought we might be able to help you with some, er, real estate issue? I'm Dana, an acolyte of the Church. This is my, er, companion, Katze." She looks at the northerner awkwardly, then turns back and gives the most pleasant smile she can muster. (Diplomacy check, Trained +6)

She can't help but glance at the scene, though, trying to understand what the papers were and what the man was doing. Was he trying to forge something? (Lore: Scribing Check, Trained +3)


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 14 | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---
DM DoctorEvil wrote:

[Danalf (and Litsy)

The man sighs. "Yes, well the rumors of my organization are perhaps greater than its actual deeds, but yes, I am engaged in furthering the ends of the Crown. In this case, it may or may not be at the expense of our neighbors across the river. My interest in you is simple. You have some talent in the workings of wild magic, and you have reason to hate the church of Morgath, and perhaps wish for the restoration of the Faith. If so, I have some work you might be interested in. Does this pique your curiosity? The work might be dangerous, but would certainly be lucrative and the Crown doesn't forget who its friends are..." He trails off, watching your carefully, trying to gauge your interest in his not-so-subtle proposal.

** spoiler omitted **

Danalf relaxes further and pauses to take a deep breath. Hmm, possibly. On the one hand I made similar risks as I left Iona, coming here with others who wished to escape that burgeoning, oppressive regime. I am interested in weakening their oppressive strength. I am interested in supporting the Faith inasmuch as it signals the remaining freedom to do so, so that this Morgath isn't allowed to become the de-facto faith of Terra Nova.

He doesn't hide the disdain that drips off of the name. He considers his thoughts some more and continues.

On the other hand, since I've come here I seem to be doing nothing but seeking peace for myself. Peace from Ionian harassers. Peace from Valerian suspicion. Perhaps I'd hoped that coming here would change everything at once. Perhaps that's made me too... passive. Too reactive. Given that I'm not sure I'm the man for the task. Perhaps though, it is just the thing to help me get my edge back...

He looks up at the man, gauging his reaction to this less-than-self-promoting honesty.


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

Katze wrinkled her nose at the man but says nothing, allowing her new companion to do the talking.


Female Human (Skilled) Bard 1 /\/\ Perc: +5 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Spell DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/3
DM DoctorEvil wrote:

Top twists his lip in what might be a smile. "Might wanna claim a bed early in the dorm, lass. Unless you like bunkin' with a sweaty dwarf, that is." He laughs mirthlessly, and sweeps the coin into the till.

When Divina shows the violin, Top lets out a low whistle of admiration. "Ain't she a beaut! Aye, if you've a mind, give us a song or two. If you keep the crowd drinkin' your dinner'll be on t'house." He makes a dramatic gesture toward the stage and turns back to the elven man who now stands alone along the brass rail.

You may make a Perform check (DC 15) and see how it goes.

Divina nods her head and removes her cloak as she walks to the stage. With it removed, you can see clearly see whip at her hip and three daggers arrayed at the small of her back. Placing her backpack and cloak on the side of the stage, the Bard stepped up, gave a quick pluck of the strings to make sure that they were in tune, and soon began playing.

Performance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

As she begins to play, Divina starts to lose herself in the music and begins to start dancing as she plays.

Basically this song.


Human (Valerian)Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15, TAC: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 Society +5 Deception/Diplomacy/Intimidation +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions: None.
DM DoctorEvil wrote:

Blake enters the White Wolf and stops for a moment to look around. He sees a troop of dwarves, a red-haired woman mounting the stage, an elven man (oddly enough) standing at the bar. He also notices the presence of more than a few native Ionians here. At first glance, he sees no one who outranks him on the social scale, just as he likes it, and he saunters up to the bar, standing near, but not next to the elf.

A pair of serving girls, one strawberry-haired the other dark, hustle drinks around the common room which appears exceptionally busy. Many drinks are still full, indicating someone has just bought a round for the house.

When he can get the attention of the barkeep, Cartwright looks at him and gives a small bow. "Milord, you honor us by breaking bread here. What's your pleasure?" Those within earshot hear the thick brogue of the the bartender disappear as he address on of the peerage.

Blake takes off his backpack and places it on a seat, then places his posterior on one adjacent.

"Greetings to your good self, innkeeper! I am Blake Fleming - yes, *those* Flemings. I would have the pleasure of your name, the price of a room, a plate of your best food, and one of whatever is in that round!"

Once the red-haired figure starts playing, he pays more than half an ear of listening to the tune.

Whomever is left at the bar. Adair?

"She's pretty good!", he will note to whomever is closest at that moment, as the bartender is likely fulfilling his order. "Is she a regular here?"


Female Human CN F Human Rogue (Thief) 1/ HP 17/17/ AC 18/ Saves: Fort (T) +4/ Ref (E) +9/ Will (E) +6/ Perception (E) +6/ Ini +6

The conversation seems to be getting more and more interesting, and Litsy is growing ever more curious. Yet she supposes there is no way to join in the conversation by stating:

"Good evening, gentlemen. Pardon me for intruding, but I couldn't help but notice that you seem to be plotting something secret and potentially dangerous. Care to tell me, just in case this might interest me?"

She could probably listen to them a little more.


Male Elf | HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7 Fighter 1 | Speed 35ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions: AoO/Shield Block | Conditions: None

Starting to take his leave of the bar, the elf stops as the fiddler starts up. When the self-important human praised her, the elf quickly raised his chin before commenting, "Yes. It feels like she has more to share than this.
No. I have not seen her here before.
"


Elise Emeria wrote:


Elise whispers to Katze. "Longwood, seriously? Send a couple girls upstairs to see Master Longwood? If that bartender is playing me . . ." she pulls her shawl a little bit closer to preserve her modesty.

Yes, cue the funky porn soundtrack...

Elise wrote:

Making her way upstairs, Elise is rather befuddled by the man before her, surrounded by parchment and ink. "Pardon Master Longwood, we were sent by the bartender because he thought we might be able to help you with some, er, real estate issue? I'm Dana, an acolyte of the Church. This is my, er, companion, Katze." She looks at the northerner awkwardly, then turns back and gives the most pleasant smile she can muster. (Diplomacy check, Trained +6)

She can't help but glance at the scene, though, trying to understand what the papers were and what the man was doing. Was he trying to forge something?

The man rises from his chair, a warm smile on his bookish face. He stops to adjust his small spectacles, but only succeeds on smearing more ink on his face. He reaches to shake your hands, notices the ink, and rubs it on his trousers, also smearing them with ink.

While this comical situation occurs, Elise steals a glance at the papers scattered on the man's table. She sees official looking documents complete with wax seals and the florid calligraphy of legal papers. Perhaps a will, perhaps a deed or some other form of bureaucratic paperwork.

"Hello, I am Dirk Longwood. No snickering It's so nice to meet you. Pardon my mess. Please come in, sit down." he offers you seats on the rather comfortable looking furniture in the drawing room.

"Yes, well, thanks for coming. I didn't know Mr Cartwright would find someone so soon. You are a priestess, you said acolyte, right?" he looks Elise you imploringly, and glances at Katze with a shrug. "You see, I have a rather unique problem, and I think only a cleric, one of strong faith, can help." He looks a bit embarrassed to even be broaching the subject.

"It's a rather long story, but I'll make it brief. I am new in Terra Nova, just off the boat you might say. It seems my uncle came to this new land to make his fortune some years ago. Cleos smiled on him and he became quite wealthy but unfortunately, he has passed to the arms of Gwynesse. To my surprise, I was contacted to learn I have inherited the estate, lands, and home of the my uncle, Bertrand. His home which is called Seaview Manor, is not far from here, on a bluff overlooking the sea. It is a fine home, and the lands will make me one of the wealthiest men in Terra Nova. But there is one small problem..." He waits, scratching his chin and looking to see if you are still listening.

"The house is...haunted."

GM Screen:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Lore Scribing: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:15/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

Elise gathers a pile of papers on a chair and sets it aside so she can sit down. She does the same with another pile to allow Katze to also join.

As she listens to the story, she can't help but have her doubts. "Haunted? How exactly is it haunted? Have you been there yourself to see the manor? This is a fascinating story, but I have a lot more questions about this haunted house, if you don't mind."

She pauses, and adds at an opportune moment. "If I may ask, how did your uncle pass? Is there any relationship to this haunted manor, or did the manor become haunted only after your uncle's passing? Is there any reason your uncle left his fortune to you, and not some other relative? You said you were surprised, so who were you expecting to inherit?"


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

Katze snorts and mutters something under her breath.


Human (Valerian)Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15, TAC: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 Society +5 Deception/Diplomacy/Intimidation +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions: None.
Adair wrote:

Starting to take his leave of the bar, the elf stops as the fiddler starts up. When the self-important human praised her, the elf quickly raised his chin before commenting, "Yes. It feels like she has more to share than this.

No. I have not seen her here before."

Blake nods, then speaks with a smile, the smile of a man enjoying himself:

"I see! I take it that you are something of a regular yourself? And one of the Terra Novan 'elves' at that! I would have your name, and what you make of all of the humans showing up."


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:15/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

Elise glances at Katze and offers a subtle shrug.


Female Human (Skilled) Bard 1 /\/\ Perc: +5 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Spell DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/3

Losing herself completely to her muse in the moment, the Bard decided to add something a little extra in the show. As she continued playing, four colorful lights began to spring from her instrument. Taking the form of tiny birds, the lights started dancing about Divina. They continued to do so until the song was done.


Male Elf | HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7 Fighter 1 | Speed 35ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions: AoO/Shield Block | Conditions: None

"I am here now and again. I am known as Adair. My first thought was that a new people in the area would make things interesting. Then I heard about your destructive and oppressive nature, until finally I had to come see it for myself. The stories did not do your people justice."

Heh. And that wasn't mean that they overstated the problem!


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 14 | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---
Tiny Litsy wrote:

The conversation seems to be getting more and more interesting, and Litsy is growing ever more curious. Yet she supposes there is no way to join in the conversation by stating:

"Good evening, gentlemen. Pardon me for intruding, but I couldn't help but notice that you seem to be plotting something secret and potentially dangerous. Care to tell me, just in case this might interest me?"

She could probably listen to them a little more.

Danalf glares at the woman. This is a private conversation.


Human (Valerian)Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15, TAC: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 Society +5 Deception/Diplomacy/Intimidation +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions: None.
Adair wrote:

"I am here now and again. I am known as Adair. My first thought was that a new people in the area would make things interesting. Then I heard about your destructive and oppressive nature, until finally I had to come see it for myself. The stories did not do your people justice."

Heh. And that wasn't mean that they overstated the problem!

Oh, I don't doubt it. ;)

"We certainly are a great deal more than mere vandals!", replies Blake, chuckling and glad that this foreign elf can see as such.

"While things are chaotic right now, New Valeria is set for greatness. Even with the Morgath fanatics somewhere down south! Tell me, have they wreaked much havoc around here?"


Male Elf | HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7 Fighter 1 | Speed 35ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions: AoO/Shield Block | Conditions: None

"Depends on if you are in their way or not, as with your own. The stone bridge, though. THIS I find interesting. It crosses the river without blocking it whether you are in or on the water. This could be a good thing for my people to learn."


Danalf Tizaal wrote:

Danalf relaxes further and pauses to take a deep breath. Hmm, possibly. On the one hand I made similar risks as I left Iona, coming here with others who wished to escape that burgeoning, oppressive regime. I am interested in weakening their oppressive strength. I am interested in supporting the Faith inasmuch as it signals the remaining freedom to do so, so that this Morgath isn't allowed to become the de-facto faith of Terra Nova.

He doesn't hide the disdain that drips off of the name. He considers his thoughts some more and continues.

On the other hand, since I've come here I seem to be doing nothing but seeking peace for myself. Peace from Ionian harassers. Peace from Valerian suspicion. Perhaps I'd hoped that coming here would change everything at once. Perhaps that's made me too... passive. Too reactive. Given that I'm not sure I'm the man for the task. Perhaps though, it is just the thing to help me get my edge back...

He looks up at the man, gauging his reaction to this less-than-self-promoting honesty.

The man rolls his eyes subconsciously, and drinks from his earthen mug before replying. "Your self-awareness is...noble. What I want to know is are you the man for the job? There are pressing matters that must be attended to. I can support you financially, to an extent, but I'd expect you to find your own crew, if you need it, and keep my involvement...secret. Understand? If you're the man, say so, if you're not, well then, I may have been misinformed."

It is clear that this man, who has not introduced himself except by token, is all business.

Litsy listens in hearing most of what is said and able to piece together the rest while feigning disinterest.


Divina Plavix wrote:


Divina nods her head and removes her cloak as she walks to the stage. With it removed, you can see clearly see whip at her hip and three daggers arrayed at the small of her back. Placing her backpack and cloak on the side of the stage, the Bard stepped up, gave a quick pluck of the strings to make sure that they were in tune, and soon began playing.

[dice=Performance]1d20+7

As she begins to play, Divina starts to lose herself in the music and begins to start dancing as she plays.

The music, as it starts, has to compete with the crowd bustling buzz, but as Divina gets into the swing of things, conversation around the common room dies down, and the crowd turns to focus on her, listening intently feet tapping to the music. The crowd appreciates the show when the lights flicker and the birds fly from out of nowhere. Suddenly the bard has most of the room enraptured.

When she is done, she gets a boisterous applause. The dwarves pound their mugs on the table crying out "More! More!" and a sprinkling of copper pinch is scattered on the stage, such as it is.

Maida comes out from the kitchen and stands behind the bar with Top, his arm around her thick waist, and they listen together. As the crowd requests an encore, Top nods at the red-haired bard, approving her to go on. "Looks like we owe the girl supper, ma," he says to those within earshot. "Looks like we might owe her more'n that, dad. You get her back her to play again tomorrow night," she says with a matronly smile.

Wanna do some more or go out on top?


Danalf Tizaal wrote:
Tiny Litsy wrote:

The conversation seems to be getting more and more interesting, and Litsy is growing ever more curious. Yet she supposes there is no way to join in the conversation by stating:

"Good evening, gentlemen. Pardon me for intruding, but I couldn't help but notice that you seem to be plotting something secret and potentially dangerous. Care to tell me, just in case this might interest me?"

She could probably listen to them a little more.

Danalf glares at the woman. This is a private conversation.

I am pretty sure that Litsy was just thinking to herself that she should interrupt. I don't think she actually did.


Blake and Adair exchange pleasantries and small conversation at the bar. As Divnia finishes her performance, they hear a voice calling from the door, which they are in a good position to see and hear.

"Help! I've got a wounded man here," cries the female voice plaintively. The men look over and see a halfling woman in a homespun brown dress beckoning them outside the door of the tavern. Another halfling, this one a man in a satin waistcoat that is stained with blood and dirt says, "Fie on that! I'm hungry. Give me something to eat,eh?"

Since this call for aid comes right at a time when the bar is quiet, between the performance and conversations resuming, anyone in the room can hear and investigate as well, if they wish. It is not heard upstairs where Elise and Katze are meeting an interesting fellow.


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 14 | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---
DM DoctorEvil wrote:

The man rolls his eyes subconsciously, and drinks from his earthen mug before replying. "Your self-awareness is...noble. What I want to know is are you the man for the job? There are pressing matters that must be attended to. I can support you financially, to an extent, but I'd expect you to find your own crew, if you need it, and keep my involvement...secret. Understand? If you're the man, say so, if you're not, well then, I may have been misinformed."

It is clear that this man, who has not introduced himself except by token, is all business.

Litsy listens in hearing most of what is said and able to piece together the rest while feigning disinterest.

He continues to speak in a hushed tone, continuing. I do not know who vouched for me, or on what terms, but at this point I'm going to have to have a little faith in "their" judgement, and I suppose yours. Very well, I'm the man for your job, at least for one and then we'll see how it goes. Do you want to retreat to somewhere more private to discuss details?


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 14 | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---
DM DoctorEvil wrote:
Danalf Tizaal wrote:
Tiny Litsy wrote:

The conversation seems to be getting more and more interesting, and Litsy is growing ever more curious. Yet she supposes there is no way to join in the conversation by stating:

"Good evening, gentlemen. Pardon me for intruding, but I couldn't help but notice that you seem to be plotting something secret and potentially dangerous. Care to tell me, just in case this might interest me?"

She could probably listen to them a little more.

Danalf glares at the woman. This is a private conversation.
I am pretty sure that Litsy was just thinking to herself that she should interrupt. I don't think she actually did.

Oh, apologies. I guess it fooled me into thinking it was real and said. :)


Elise Emeria wrote:

Elise gathers a pile of papers on a chair and sets it aside so she can sit down. She does the same with another pile to allow Katze to also join.

As she listens to the story, she can't help but have her doubts. "Haunted? How exactly is it haunted? Have you been there yourself to see the manor? This is a fascinating story, but I have a lot more questions about this haunted house, if you don't mind."

She pauses, and adds at an opportune moment. "If I may ask, how did your uncle pass? Is there any relationship to this haunted manor, or did the manor become haunted only after your uncle's passing? Is there any reason your uncle left his fortune to you, and not some other relative? You said you were surprised, so who were you expecting to inherit?"

Dirk adjusts his small glasses once again, then digs in a pocket for a handkerchief and tries to wipe the ink off his fingers, succeeding in only smearing ink all over the linen, and not really getting his fingers clean.

"That's a lot of questions. I will try to answer them with what I know." He takes a deep breath and begins his tale. "I lived for years in Valeria, back on Alderran. Had no idea I had a wealthy uncle in Terra Nova. A month or so ago, a man arrived at my door. Said his name was Wrenfield. He handed me some legal papers, and shook my hand, congratulating me on inheriting land and a manor house in Terra Nova. Terra Nova, I thought, and anyway, I booked passage here, arriving a week ago or so. I traveled down here from Redmont and went to look at this place I am to call home." He frowns and shrugs his shoulders.

"I didn't even get in the front door. The were flashing lights in the house, and the sound of wailing, and...well it was all to much for a clerk like me. I came back to the inn here, and have been looking for a priest to help rid my house of evil spirits since. That's where you come in...and your friend" he adds quickly looking at Katze's imposing frame once again.

"As for the fate of my uncle and his family, I know it not. But I assume they died horribly. I am the only surviving heir, is what Wrenfield told me. I have money, or will when the estate is settled. I can pay for your time and effort..." He looks at you hopefully, waiting your reply.


Male Elf | HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7 Fighter 1 | Speed 35ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions: AoO/Shield Block | Conditions: None

The elf moves towards the door and the request for help. "Who is injured? How can we help?" He puts his hand on his bag as he approaches, but doesn't pull anything from it.


Male N Human (Novan) Herbalist Druid 1 | HP: 17 | AC: 16 | Fort: +4; Reflex: +5; Will +9 | Perc: +7; Stealth +5 | Speed: 25 | 1st Spell Slots: 1/2 | FP: 2 | HeP: 1 | Acro: +5; Craft: +4; Diplo: +3; Lore (Herb): +4; Nat: +7; Surv: +7 | Str: +1; Dex: +2; Con: +1; Int: +1; Wis: +4; Cha +0 | Current Effects: None

Tatanka walks towards the inn of Tanner's Crossing, unable to read the markings on the sign by the door. However, he can see the image of a wolf in white paint next to the words on the sign, and assumes that they are probably related. Making some minor assumptions there. Also assuming that while Tatanka can speak some Common, he doesn't read nearly as much of it.

As he approaches, he hears the call for help from the doorway and quickens his pace. Getting up there, he is somewhat surprised to see a pair of halflings. Looking them over, he sees an elf approach inside the inn. "Someone say someone injured? Tatanka can help. Tatanka knows medicine."

Appearance:
Tantanka stands at roughly 5'9", relatively short for the Novans of this region, and probably weighs in at around 140-150 lbs. His eyes are a dark brown, and his black hair is shaved above the ears, with the rest pulled back into a singular ponytail. His skin is a tanned Terra-cotta color, tanned a slightly deeper shade on his face and arms. What can be seen of his skin has a variety of markings, either primitive tattoos or brands on his skin. These are especially noticeable around his face and wrists, as well as some along his back (with one at the base of his neck that is particularly noticeable).

On each of his forearms, just above his wrists, are circular bands of intertwined black patterning, the left sharp and angular while the right is smooth and rope-like. Above these are ~2 inch long, 1 inch wide identical markings, more or less diamond shaped with a circle in the middle. His face has what appear to be deer antlers that begin at his cheekbones and continue up over his ears. On his forehead is an extremely intricate mark, incorporating what appear to be symbols, knotwork, and geometric shapes. At the base of his neck is some kind of tree or vine marking, with roots going down his back and branches or vines onto his shoulders and neck.
He is dressed in clothing made out of thin deerskin, with a sleeveless shirt covering his torso and pants going down to his sandal-shod feet. Over this he has a thicker set of leather armor, protecting his torso, abdomen, upper arms, and his legs, accompanied by a small 'helm' or hat of stiffened leather he can put on. At his belt is a stone dagger on one side and a metal hatchet on the other, as well as a pair of pouches behind the weapons. Crossing his chest is a leather strap, with small pouches and loops filled with plant matter of various kinds. On his back is a leather sack, filled with a variety of items. To its left is a quiver holding five stone-tipped javelins, while on its right is his Leshy Familiar, holding onto him with their head resting on his shoulder. In his hands he holds a gnarled staff, the bottom end well worn and the other somewhat heavy looking.


What people may have at first thought was a clump of leafy vines over Tatanka's shoulder shifts, revealing a face made of some of the leaves. Looking around, it burbles softly. "Blup do deepity doop." It then closes its eyes again, shuffling with a faint rustling of leaves, and lowers its head back to the man's shoulder.

It appears to be some form of vine, conceptually it is based on a Virgina Creeper.


HP: 18 | AC: 16 | Perception (E): +6 | Fort (T): +5; Ref (T): +5; Will (E) +6 Spells/Day: -/1 (2) | Focus: 2 | Current Spell Effects: Mage Armor

"What are you offering in exchange for our services."


Female Human (Skilled) Bard 1 /\/\ Perc: +5 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Spell DC: 17 | Hero Points: 1/3
DM DoctorEvil wrote:

The music, as it starts, has to compete with the crowd bustling buzz, but as Divina gets into the swing of things, the conversation around the common room dies down, and the crowd turns to focus on her, listening intently feet tapping to the music. The crowd appreciates the show when the lights flicker and the birds fly from out of nowhere. Suddenly the bard has most of the room enraptured.

When she is done, she gets boisterous applause. The dwarves pound their mugs on the table crying out "More! More!" and a sprinkling of copper pinch is scattered on the stage, such as it is.

Maida comes out from the kitchen and stands behind the bar with Top, his arm around her thick waist, and they listen together. As the crowd requests an encore, Top nods at the red-haired bard, approving her to go on. "Looks like we owe the girl supper, ma," he says to those within earshot. "Looks like we might owe her more'n that, dad. You get her back her to play again tomorrow night," she says with a matronly smile.

Wanna do some more or go out on top?

Not sure if it was clear, but I cast Dancing Lights during the performance. It just took the form of four tiny birds flying around me.

As always, when she performed well, Divina bowed and was just soaking up the cheers. The birds made of light still flying about her. Once again that little whisper came to her ear going "Give them what they want."

Despite the fact that she was supposed to be in hiding, against her better judgement the Bard continued.

Encore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

This time, the birds transform into glowing green leaves that begin to swirl and dance about the room as the music plays.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:15/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

Flashing lights, the sound of wailing--maybe someone's squatting in the house? Good thing Katze is thinking about coming.

"It sounds dangerous, but we can certainly consider your offer . . ." Elise waits for the answer to Katze's question.


Female Human CN F Human Rogue (Thief) 1/ HP 17/17/ AC 18/ Saves: Fort (T) +4/ Ref (E) +9/ Will (E) +6/ Perception (E) +6/ Ini +6
Danalf Tizaal wrote:

DM DoctorEvil wrote:

Danalf Tizaal wrote:
Tiny Litsy wrote:
The conversation seems to be getting more and more interesting, and Litsy is growing ever more curious. Yet she supposes there is no way to join in the conversation by stating:
"Good evening, gentlemen. Pardon me for intruding, but I couldn't help but notice that you seem to be plotting something secret and potentially dangerous. Care to tell me, just in case this might interest me?"
She could probably listen to them a little more.
Danalf glares at the woman. This is a private conversation.
I am pretty sure that Litsy was just thinking to herself that she should interrupt. I don't think she actually did.
Oh, apologies. I guess it fooled me into thinking it was real and said. :)

Nah, she was just thinking, that's why I used italics and not bold :) But don't worry, no harm done!

Litsy doesn't trust the alleged spy one bit, but she needs money and allies, and now seems like the perfect time to step in.

Quietly, the young girl stands up and walks to the men's table, gently clearly her throat to attract their attention.

" 'Scuse me," she approaches Danalf timidly. "I'm sorry to interrupt, I just heard you might be looking for a "crew" and... Well, I'm new in town, and I'm looking for a job. I can travel long distances do a bit of cooking, know the ropes of fighting, and plenty of other stuff too. Whatever it is you're looking for, sir, maybe I can match it. I'll leave you two gentlemen to your conversation, but may I invite you for a beer later, and we can discuss the details then?"

Judging by her clothes, the girl is not very wealthy. She is unusually small for her age. She has a round face, of the type that would be difficult to remember and even harder to describe should you try to have her portrait done by a drawer from memory. She is barely pretty enough to be worth a few lines of praising, but not unpleasant enough to stand out.


Human (Valerian)Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15, TAC: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 Society +5 Deception/Diplomacy/Intimidation +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions: None.

Blake stands and claps at the bard's performance!

"Bravo! Bravo!"

And then the halflings enter.

Bringing trouble no doubt!

The elf responds more swiftly. Blake saunters over.

"Whatever is the commotion here? What happened?" he asks, curious.


Male human abjurer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 14 | F +3 R +4 W +8 | Perc +6 | Stealth +4 | 25ft. | focus 1/1 | hero 1/3 | spells 1 hydraulic push, mage armor, magic missile | drain bonded item 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---
Tiny Litsy wrote:

Nah, she was just thinking, that's why I used italics and not bold :) But don't worry, no harm done!

Litsy doesn't trust the alleged spy one bit, but she needs money and allies, and now seems like the perfect time to step in.

Quietly, the young girl stands up and walks to the men's table, gently clearly her throat to attract their attention.

" 'Scuse me," she approaches Danalf timidly. "I'm sorry to interrupt, I just heard you might be looking for a "crew" and... Well, I'm new in town, and I'm looking for a job. I can travel long distances do a bit of cooking, know the ropes of fighting, and plenty of other stuff too. Whatever it is you're looking for, sir, maybe I can match it. I'll leave you two gentlemen to your conversation, but may I invite you for a beer later, and we can discuss the details then?"

Judging by her clothes, the girl is not very wealthy. She is unusually small for her age. She has a round face, of the type that would be difficult to remember and even harder to describe should you try to have her portrait done by a drawer from memory. She is barely pretty enough to be worth a few lines of praising, but not unpleasant enough to stand out.

Danalf looks back and forth, between the girl and the man.

Are you recruiting in bulk tonight?


Danalf and Litsy

The grim man nods, a smile almost touching his face for the first time. He seems about to answer, when Litsy interrupts. The grim man looks at her sternly but says nothing.

As Danalf asks if he is recruiting, the hooded fellow nods once. "I am not recruiting. But you are. If you think this slip of a girl is worthy to join you, then she may join your 'crew' as you see fit. She certainly has sharp ears, and a lot of brass." He shrugs.

When the call about a wounded man rings out from just outside the White Wolf, the man looks startled and stands up. "Meet me outside the stables attached in one hour." He says to Danalf. "Bring the girl if you wish. And any others you might see fit. I will tell you more about what is needed then." He drops a handful of coins on the tabletop, seemingly about 2 gold crowns more than is needed (up to you what happens to that), and stalks out the side door away from the commotion.

Up to you guys to figure out if its a good match. Likely hard to recruit until you know the mission, but you can keep your eyes open for talent.


Elise and Katze

The man looks a little bewildered, and runs his hands through his unruly brown hair. "Well, I've never had much money before, and I don't hire adventurers, so I don't know what the going rate is. But I apparently have means now, and would really like to have my house made safe. Maybe 250 crowns each if I can live in the place safely? Is that reasonable?" He shrugs with the air of someone who is clearly out of their depth.


Divina

Things are going swimmingly for Divina. She is playing her heart out and adding just the right touch of music and the crowd is eating it up. Despite her concern for caution, she is right where she loves to be.

Then she looks up and see the whole back half of the bar leaving abruptly. The exiting patrons concerns her a bit and she loses concentration for just a half-second before finishing up the song with a dramatic flourish.

Applause and adulation surrounds her, but she is also curious about what happened near the bar area.

As she dismounts the stage, Rose approaches with a steaming bowl of fish chowder and a loaf of bread. "Compliments of the house," she says with a smile. "Top doesn't give out food often, so he must have been impressed. I thought you played divinely." She bows slightly and turns back to her work.

The table happens to be next to where an Ionian man and a smallish woman seem to be having some sort of discussion.


The young man accompanying Tatanka-Ptecila looks confused as the elder Novan takes off. He quickens his pace. Arriving he sees Tatanka speaking with an elf. He knows of elves. Dè a tha a ’dol an seo?

Druidic:
What goes on here?

Appearance:
Sakima stands 5'7" tall and weighs 170 pounds. Dark eyes peer out of his lean face with the shadow of facial hair just beginning to darken the line of his jaw. His hair which falls to beyond his shoulders in dreadlocks and there are sereral of the locks which are adorned by animal bones. His skin is a dark mahogany colour and it punctuated in places by scarifications. The backs of his hands have scars and ridges reminiscent of the claws of a bear while his right arm has an intricate knotwork of scars going up it. In places there appears to be a bird of prey, in others the horns of a bison. He has a set of antlers tattooed on his face, one on each cheek that extend up to his hair line.

A crude leather sack hangs over his shoulder and down to the opposite hip. The sack is tied at the top with dried animal gut. Four bone tipped javelins are also strapped to his back and held in place with a loop. A longspear with a head of flint is in his right hand, tapping on the ground as he goes. The pelt of a bison was used to make his trousers and vest and his feet are covered with skins also. His head is bare.


Female Human CN F Human Rogue (Thief) 1/ HP 17/17/ AC 18/ Saves: Fort (T) +4/ Ref (E) +9/ Will (E) +6/ Perception (E) +6/ Ini +6

At the corner of her eye, Litsy can see a woman sitting at a table nearby, and so within earshot.

"Name's Tiny," she says, matter-of-fact. "Seems like our friend just heard something he didn't like. Wanna find out what it is?"


Male N Human (Novan) Herbalist Druid 1 | HP: 17 | AC: 16 | Fort: +4; Reflex: +5; Will +9 | Perc: +7; Stealth +5 | Speed: 25 | 1st Spell Slots: 1/2 | FP: 2 | HeP: 1 | Acro: +5; Craft: +4; Diplo: +3; Lore (Herb): +4; Nat: +7; Surv: +7 | Str: +1; Dex: +2; Con: +1; Int: +1; Wis: +4; Cha +0 | Current Effects: None

Turning to his younger companion, Tatanka nods in the direction of the two halflings.

Druidic:
"One of these small people appears to have been injured. This is according to the woman, while the man seems to say that he is fine, even though blood stains him."


Just Outside the White Wolf

As several leave the bar to investigate the cries for help, and a pair of Novans is just passing by, those groups converge on a trio of individuals just outside the door of the Wolf.

One of the figures, is the halfling woman in the homespun dress. Locals will recognize her as Selina Bobbins, the proprietress of the local boardinghouse along the road, north of Tanner's Crossing. Her husband, another halfling man named Melvern Bobbins is with her.

The third figure is the most unusual, and he appears to be hurt badly. He is a man and dressed by his appearance, he is not a Novan, but an outdoorsman, probably Valerian. Locals do not recognize this fellow. He has a red beard and hair, though a long traveling cloak and hood obscure his features somewhat. The man wears leather armor, carries a longbow, and wears a sword at his belt, along with a hunting knife. He seems to have a pulsing wound in his shoulder and neck, and is quite pale and fading in and out of consciousness, mostly out.

All three of the figures are disheveled and mud-spattered. Selina's dress is torn in a few places, and has several blotches of stained blood on it. Melvern has an ugly bruise along his jaw, and bump on the back of his head.

"Please help him!" mews Selina mournfully. "He was so brave to help us, and now...well, I'm afraid I haven't any training in healing, and he's bleeding so badly...Is there any thing that can be done?"

Melvern rubs his head. "My head hurts, and I haven't eaten all day, at least since breakfast. Can someone get me a drink and some dinner? I'm like to starving. It's a matter of life and death!"

There are some skill checks that can be used here, so let me know what you have and your modifiers, and I will explain more as appropriate.


Sakima looks at the wounds on the man.

Are they some sort of animal I would recognize? I assume Nature? My modifier is +6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male N Human (Novan) Herbalist Druid 1 | HP: 17 | AC: 16 | Fort: +4; Reflex: +5; Will +9 | Perc: +7; Stealth +5 | Speed: 25 | 1st Spell Slots: 1/2 | FP: 2 | HeP: 1 | Acro: +5; Craft: +4; Diplo: +3; Lore (Herb): +4; Nat: +7; Surv: +7 | Str: +1; Dex: +2; Con: +1; Int: +1; Wis: +4; Cha +0 | Current Effects: None

Seeing the wounded man, Tatanka begins reaching towards the herbs across his chest. However, taking in the state of the individual's health, he instead begins gesturing with his staff, making a circle through the air with the end of it. Speaking in a language that few of those present (except Sakima) understand, he calls upon the spirits of the forest to lend some of their strength to this man, and to tose of the grass to gift him a speedy recovery from his wounds. The staff suddenly begins tracing a faint green circle through the air, which grows inwards in a swirl of glowing green vines. Reaching his free hand through the circle, Tatanka grasps the greenness and reaches towards the man, touching him on his chest. The green light seems to go into the man's torso, before moving towards his injury. After a moment, the wound seems to start mending itself.

Casting Heal, using two actions.
Heal (2 actions): 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male Elf | HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7 Fighter 1 | Speed 35ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions: AoO/Shield Block | Conditions: None

"There is always something that can be done. Let me take a look." The elf kneels next to the injured man and inspects the wounds, thinking to himself, Sometimes that thing is a funeral.

Medicine/Nature/Survival +5, Perception +7, Trying to see what happened and what to do before getting a medicine kit out.


Sakima:
Your take on the wounds on the downed man is unclear. It looks like a deep laceration, perhaps a claw? Hard to tell for sure given the lighting and the crowd around him.

Adair:
You look closely at the wound examining the flaps of skin that are currently bleeding. Having some medical training you see the wound is clean slice, not jagged or ripped. It looks as if an edged weapon made the cut, which penetrated deeply. You're going to have to stop that bleeding or he won't make it. Worse, you can see that the edges of the wound are already mortifying. Testing the man's brow, you can feel him burning with fever, his pallor quite pale, almost grey. The wound does not look infected, no pus or inflammation is seen, so you suspect poison, although what kind is impossible to say with what you can observe so far.

Sakima peers at the wound, but is a bit puzzled by it. Adair also looks closely, poking his finger in and around the heavily bleeding wound. He then tests the man's brow, and pulls down his closed eyelid to look at this pupils.

Rather than dropping to examine the man, Tatanka takes a more magical approach. Speaking words in his native tongue, and calling on the magic of the forest that renews itself, the druid makes the proper motions and touches the wound. Selina gasps as the laceration seals itself, the hemorrhaging stopping almost at once.

When the halfling woman sees, for the first time really, how Sakima and Tatanka are dressed and marked, she cringes in horror, hiding herself behind the leg of Blake, who has also come out to investigate. It's clear she is quite afraid of the Novans.

"That's a neat trick," says Melvern crossly from beside Tatanka, unfazed by the wounded man or the strange casters. "Can your stick conjure me up some food now? Did I mention, I got this bump on the head? And I'm certain this will leave a bruise," he touches the side of his pudgy face lightly, wincing in exaggerated pain.

GM Screen:

Sakima Nature DC 10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Adair Medicine DC 15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Adair Nature DC 10: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Sakima smiles at the woman, trying to put her at her ease. However his canine teeth are a little oversized and so the smile comes across a little "toothy".

GM:
So I had a thought as I was peeling vegetables for dinner. Could I retroactively purchase a pup tent please? I cannot stay in an inn, and Sakima would have had a tent for sleeping in. Is there an area just outside town where I could set up camp?


Human (Valerian)Rogue (scoundrel) 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 15, TAC: 12 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 Society +5 Deception/Diplomacy/Intimidation +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | | Active conditions: None.

Events move quickly, and Blake finds himself with a frightened halfling woman behind his legs and strangely-dressed Novans chanting over the wounded man.

A peculiar place. But an exciting one!

He turns his head towards the halfling lady behind him and says:

"Hello there! I am Blake Fleming. I would have your name and knowledge of what befell you and the other two there."


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 1| HP:15/15 | AC:16 | F+4; R+6; W+7 | Perc +5 | Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Lore: Scribing +3, Medicine +5, Nature +5, Religion +5 | Str+0, Dex+3, Con+1, Int+0, Wis+2, Cha+3

250 gold pieces? That's a fortune! Still, he is a rich lordling now . . . no need to hold back.

"Make it 300 gold pieces each, and you'll have a deal," she suggests. She looks to Katze to see if her newfound companion feels the same way.


Male Elf | HP: 17/17 | AC: 19 | F: +6, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7 Fighter 1 | Speed 35ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions: AoO/Shield Block | Conditions: None

"The magic may have saved his life. That bleeding would kill him quickly. He was stabbed with a poisoned blade. Too much bleeding for the wound to be old, but the flesh was necrotic. Poison could explain his fever. An alchemist might be best to work against the unknown poison." He stands and looks around. "Does anyone know how he got here, where he came from?"


With nothing to do at this moment Sakima looks around him. He looks around the ground.

Looking for a trail. If he was bleeding that badly there should be one and Sakima may be able to find it. Survival +6

51 to 100 of 204 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Terra Nova - Homebrew Campaign by DM DoctorEvil - Hub Gameplay - Inn of the White Wolf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.