GM SpiderBeard's Age of Ashes

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter 1: Hellknight Hill

Campaign Maps | Loot

Symbols: Action ◆ Free Action ◇ Reaction ↺


301 to 350 of 701 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari, seeing the Bugbear has not accepted his offer to stand down retaliates in kind.


Action 1: Attack
Action 2: Attack
Action 3: Cast Shield
Reaction: If the hobgoblin attacks someone other than Omari, Glimpse of Redemption, if he attacks Omari, shield block.

Attack 1, Inspire: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10
Bludgeon Damage 1, Inspire: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

Attack 2, Inspire, MAP: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 - 5 = 5
Bludgeon Damage 2, Inspire: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7


.

Everyone leaps upon the bugbear and it's Aramil who raises a huge splinter of wood. With a flick of his wrist, he sends it soaring through the air, and it flies right through the bugbear, impaling her to the wall. She gurgles once and goes still.

End of Combat


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Strictly speaking, it was not a flick of my wrist, but a riff of the lute. I cast every spell by playing my instrument.

Aramil looks at the bugbear, then exhales in relief. "Well, that's the bugbear dealt with. Shall we search the room and then continue on?"


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

With a sadness in her eyes, Lenna lowers her bow. She examines the arrows she's fired to see if any of them are still usable.

She ranges around the room, looking to see if there are any clues as to who the bugbear was and why she was here, but finds it difficult to focus.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Varook, by the time he enters the room, has no target which to fight...the others have taken down the bugbear with great efficiency. He grumbles and helps Lenna look for her arrows.

Sorry, been feeling ill the past few days :-(


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari nods and begins aiding with searching the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


.

Annnd back to normal life. Sorry about that was sure I'd have time to post.

Lenna manages to salvage what she needs from arrows as you start looking over the room. It appears the bugbear was building a little fort out of detritus here. The open barrack is clean of valuables, but the adjoining bedchambers are a different story. Omari goes through them carefully, and finds several valuable objects:

- a tanglefoot bag (lesser)
- a bottled lightning (lesser)
- a blue potion
- a wolf fang that appears magical
- two vials of holy water

You check the remaining unexplored rooms on the south wing. Nearby to you is a kitchen which has been stripped of most of its tools and provisions.

A little north is a pantry filled with rotted refuse. It's possible there may be some salvageable food.

The southern part of the map is revealed. You can head north, or you can take some time to search it which may take a little while as you revealed several rooms without looking in them much.


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari addresses the group. "This fang appears to be magical. Do you all want to search the rest of the rooms while I identify it?"


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna shakes her head in amazement. ”I know I looked in the same places and found nothing. I’m gonna have to redeem myself!”

Seems a reasonable plan. Varook, shall we? Do we roll, GM, or do you?


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil nodded in agreement. "Let's search all of the rooms for anything that may be hidden there. Then, we'll turn our attention to the northern rooms before heading to the vaults below."


.

These are secret rolls.

The group agrees to do a thorough search of the southern part while Omari settles on a broken chair and tries to puzzle through the magic fang, delighted in his God's wisdom enlightening his mind-brain.

You all start going through the different rooms, starting with the drill auditorium. It is full of useless trash, but as you go through it you find several cloth Order of the Nail insignias in good condition.

As well, there are some rotted out books on the Order of the Nail. Aramil flips through them briefly, which detail the drills Armigers go through in detail. The insignias are spoken of as objects of holy importance, and Aramil reasons that they'd be quite valuable to any Hellknight and something the Order probably didn't want to leave behind.

The pantry turns out to have a surprising amount of non-perishable food that you gather up, enough for eight rations. There's also a nifty silver knife that's good enough to be a dagger.

By about this time Omari has puzzled out the use of the fang. It's a magical talisman that helps you trip people up like a wolf.

Affix the talisman to armor, and your trip attacks will do damage.

----

As Omari is finishing things up, the search crew make it to the kitchen. The first place to start is clearly the cupboards, but as you open them, spiders suddenly pour out in enormous numbers! The kitchen is immediately flooded with enormous spider swarms and they seem hungry.

Initiative:

Amaril: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Varook: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Raff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Omari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Lenna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Spiders!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Round One:

Lenna
Aramil
---
Spiders!
---
Varook
Omari
Raff

Lenna and Aramil are up! Map is updated. Omari is nearby from where the spiders come for you. Two spider swarms are on the map.

Note that swarms are NOT immune to targeted attacks in 2e - merely resistant.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

We should deliver the insignias to Alak, I think.

Aramil cries out in shock as the spiders swarm out from the cabinets in the kitchen before strumming a tune on his lute, sending a cascade of colors swirling out from him at the spiders. He then moved back so the more melee-suited members of the group could get up there.

Actions 1 & 2: Cast Color Spray in the area of the triangle (should get both swarms). DC 17 Will save. Action 3: Stride to the back of the group.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

I have nothing resembling an area attack. Since targeted attacks are allowed, I think that's my best course of action. Am I able to hunt prey against a swarm? I'm thinking not.


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

So we don't know what the blue potion is?


.

@Lenna - you can use hunt prey as it doesn't have the 'precision' trait. @Raff - it's not identified yet no.

GM Rolls:

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

A blast of colour flies out from Aramil's lute over all the spiders which abruptly go still.

Round One con't:

Lenna
Aramil
---
Spiders! (stunned 1) (blind 1) (dazzled 1 minute)
---
Varook
Omari
Raff

Lenna still has an action!


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna fires into the swarms, trying to disrupt it.

1st action: Hunt prey

Hunted Shot plus one more with Flurry. No move.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 = 20 Volley penalty
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 2 = 16 Volley penalty
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 - 2 = 1 Volley penalty
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


.

Lenna Stands still and just starts skipping arrows across the room. It's not the most efficient way to kill spiders but she does manage to knock out a few of the crawly bastards. They continue to just stare into space and wave back and forth after being blasted by the color spray.

Round Two:

Lenna
Aramil
---
Spiders (dazzled 1 minute)
Yellow (-4)
Red
---
Varook
Omari
Raff

Everyone is up!


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Hearing the commotion in the other room Omari rushes into the next room. Seeing the spiders they lash out with their staff.


Action 1: Move
Action 2: Move
Action 3: Attack!
Reaction: If the spiders attack someone other than Omari, Glimpse of Redemption.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Bludgeon Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff takes his longspear and swings it through the cloud of insects trying to sweep them aside.

Longspear: reach
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Raff, what are you doing with your other two actions?


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Varook wades in swinging his swords and squashing as many of the spides as possible (red).

Action 1+2: Attack (Double Slice)
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Action 3: Attack
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Oops!

Attack again and again.

Longspear: reach
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 5 = 11 Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Longspear: reach
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 10 = 9 Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


.

GM rolls:

Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Refl: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Omari's staff proves to be the perfect weapon for smashing spiders as he sweeps it wide around the floor before smushing them like pie dough beneath an oversized rolling pin. Gross, but effective.

Raff stabs at the ground with his longspear a few times, but stabbing a horde of spiders is not particularly effective and he just hits ground several times. Varook's swords swing around but unfortunately they don't do much to the swarm.

The swarm seem pretty zonked from the colour spray but still manage to move as they swarm over Lenna and Omari, overwhelming the two. Omari throws out a hand as an arcane symbol seems to puzzle the spiders and prevent them from harming Lenna.

Omari, however, is overwhelmed by the critters and suffers multiple bites.

Round Three:

Lenna
Aramil
---
Spiders (dazzled 1 minute)
Red
---
Varook
Omari (-4) (enfeebled 1)
Raff

Omari takes 4 damage (1 poison), and he is enfeebled 1 from the poison! Everyone is up!


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Covered in spiders Omari swings their staff wildly letting out a divinely empowered screech.


Action 1: Attack
Action 2 & 3: Cry of Destruction
Reaction: If the spiders attack someone other than Omari, Glimpse of Redemption.

Attack, Enfeebled: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 = 21
Bludgeon Damage, Enfeebled: 1d10 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 1 = 11
Cry of Destruction, AoE Sonic: 1d12 ⇒ 7 DC 16 Basic Fort save


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Realizing that using his spear in a way it's not to be used isn't working, Raff changes tactics. He takes a stance and lashes out at the mass of insects.

1. Stance
2. Step
3. Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Slashing, Nonlethal: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna steps out of the swarm and opens fire again.

All actions: Shoot

Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 2 = 7 Volley penalty
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 2 = 15 Volley penalty
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 2 = 12 Volley penalty
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 2 = 12 Volley penalty
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil, safely out of harm's way, begins playing a melody to inspire his companions to brave and glorious acts. He then uses a different melody to hurl a piece of debris at the swarm.

Action 1: Inspire Courage (+1 attack, damage, vs fear). Action 2&3: Cast telekinetic projectile.

Telekinetic Projectile, Inspire: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13
Damage, inspire: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Seeing his swords having little effect on the spiders, Varook removes his bedroll and starts smashing the spiders with it.

Not too sure what the adjusted attack rolls would be for this??


.

Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Omari puts a very quick end to the spiders by sweeping them out with his staff and then letting out a noise of magical awful which kills all of the spiders in the room in a second!

Omari's Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Omari manages to shake off the remaining effects of the poison. The room is now yours.

End of Combat

@Varook -2 to attack with improvised weapons. You could do damage with slashing/piercing, just a DR to overcome.


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Varook slowly lowers his raised bedroll as the spiders all die from the noise Omari creates.

"Well....glad that is taken care of. Are you ok Leena?"


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Covered in hundreds of tiny red welts Omari looks at Varook, blinks slowly, looks at Leena's untouched form, and then back at Varook, their face displaying a look of slight bewilderment. Omari opens their mouth to speak, stops, brings their closed hand to their lips, points at nothing in particular before walking back into the room with all their previously gotten loot. They don't seem upset. Just...bewildered.

Like so.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:
Varook Fist wrote:

Varook slowly lowers his raised bedroll as the spiders all die from the noise Omari creates.

"Well....glad that is taken care of. Are you ok Leena?"

"I'm fine, thanks to Omari. They got bitten rather badly, though. Omari, how are you?"


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

LOL..great reaction!!

Varook, completely unaware of what has passed with Omari, looks relieved that Leena was untouched.

"Yes, thank you Omari...oh my. That looks painful. Would some soap help?"

The halfling warrior rummages through his pack and holds out a bar of soap to the bewildered half-elf.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil shakes his head at Varook's obliviousness, then turns to Omari. "Are you hurt badly? I know a melody that may magically soothe your wounds, but the limits of my magical abilities mean I can only use it once today. The rainbow of color that stunned the swarms used part of my power, as well."

I love that color spray ended up being that effective. I'm legitimately thinking about using it as a candidate for one of my signature spells - that and Soothe, at least.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna looks at the myriad bites and tries to remember anything she might know about alleviating the discomfort they bring.

Medicine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Does she know anything on the subject?


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari smiles genuinely as their new friends show concern, waving off the offered soap and healing.

"Thank you for the offer but I will be fine. I need perhaps half an hour of prayer and I should be ready to go." Omari bends down and picks up the wolf fang, offering it to Varook. "You should take this. You attach it to your armor and it will allow you to harm the next person you trip."

Omari needs 20 minutes. 10 to gain their focus back and cast lay on hands, and then another 10 to regain that focus point again.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

"You're sure?" Having received assurances, she turns back to the cabinets. "Let's see if that fight was worth the trouble!"

She climbs onto the lower cabinet to peer in from whence the spiders had issued forth. (I was thinking it was upper cabinets, apologies if I'm misremembering.)


.

Lenna checks over Omari. The spider bites are unpleasant, but the worst of the effects should clear up. Profound unhappiness is really the only side effect after thirty seconds or so.

in short, if he gets 1 point of healing the enfeebled condition will go away.

Going through the cabinet Lenna manages to find enough loose herbs and oils to cobble together two doses of antidote.

In the back of the cabinet among ruined medical supplies Lenna also finds two doses of arsenic.

From here, exploring the remainder of the Citadel will take you to the north wing, which you can approach from two ends.

If you check the map you have two ways to head northwards on the west or east end. On the west end there's two doors. So pick door 1, 2, or 3 and we'll push that way!


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

I will record the antidote and arsenic on my sheet. I hope someone is recording the other items we’re finding!


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Giving Omari what time they needed to rest, Aramil took the time to tune his lute and make sure things were together. Once the Nethysian was ready to proceed, he was, as well.

I vote for door number 2. It has a chance of being a dead end, and if so, we can clear it quickly. If not, we'll eventually circle back to door 3 anyway.


.

I'll have a spreadsheet set up in a bit and do a loot audit. Been lazy on getting it going.

Also I should have checked because 2 is totally a dead end. I'll push you to door 3.

The two circular rooms are broken up by the collapsed north section of the courtyard. After checking an empty hallway you circle back around and start to explore the north wing of the Citadel.

A judge’s bench, a witness stand, and councilors’ tables are the only remaining indication of this room’s previous use as a formal courtroom. Benches have long ago been smashed to fragments and strewn about the gallery, covering the floor of the room in debris. Through several empty doorways to the north, a large, ragged opening in the citadel’s wall is visible—along with what appears to be a corpse wearing silvery armor, lying on a muddy lump in the center of a pool of water that has filled much of the collapsed section.

Map is updated.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

I assume Raff was intended to be with the rest of us?

Lenna gestures to the corpse. ”Poor man should be laid to rest. You know, I don’t know a lot about armor, but the hellknights I’ve seen all wore dark and mean-looking steel - that almost looks pretty, if you ignore the situation. I wonder if he’s a more recent visitor.”

She will approach cautiously, looking for treacherous footing, etc. up to ten feet from the pool to see if it looks deep or, more importantly, occupied.

Checking for ‘traps’ among the rubble as she goes.


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

"Your right...that is too pretty for a Hellknight. Careful there M'girl! Don't go wandering about without taking a good hard look first!"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari is content to stand back and watch the experts do their job. They scans the rest of the room distractedly scratching at the spider bites.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff uses the length of his spear to help make sure that the floor is safe.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Omari, we gave you the time you needed to rest.

Aramil scans the room with Omari, as well, although his eye keeps coming back to the body and its shiny armor.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


.

Lenna heads forwards with the rest of the group moving tentatively towards the water. So far, the ground seems fine. As you start to approach, Raff suddenly notices something... odd.

The corpse is not actually floating in the water. It seems suspended by something below, and he just saw an air bubble rise to the surface. Some kind of creature is beneath the corpse, holding it aloft.


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff signals to bring everyone's attention to the anomaly, then he uses his spear to poke the corpse and try to move it aside.


.

Initiative:

Amaril: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Varook: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Omari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Raff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Lenna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Graveshells: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

As Raff moves forward to poke the body, he staggers back as two enormous reptiles lunge out of the water! They have spiked shells like turtles and enormous, oddly-shaped maws that are upturned in a sort of bizarre grin. One of them has the body impaled on a shell spike, which it had apparently been using as some sort of lure.

The group is not caught off-guard as they leap into action, and Raff is ready for these creatures.

Recall Knowledge: Nature or Arcana DC 17 (one action):

These are graveshells. The graveshell is a dangerous predator that draws scavengers and explorers into its grasp using a morbid lure: the corpse of a former victim impaled upon the spikes that protrude from its large, turtle-like shell. Aside from its shell, the monster resembles no known animal. Small but bright yellow eyes watch from the sagging flesh of its head, the most prominent feature of which is a curiously shaped, toothy maw twisted into a perpetual grin. Its stubby arms and legs are impractical for both walking and swimming, though the algae-caked claws tipping each limb are deadly weapons.

Graveshells can pull into their shells like turtles.

Round One:

Raff
Amaril
Varook
Lenna
---
Graveshells
---
Omari

Everyone but OMari is up!


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Moving up beside Leena, Varook takes a few swipes at the giant turtle-like monster.

Action One: Move
Action Two and Three: Attack (double slice)

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

301 to 350 of 701 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Taban and the age of ashes gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.