GM SpiderBeard's Age of Ashes

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter 1: Hellknight Hill

Campaign Maps | Loot

Symbols: Action ◆ Free Action ◇ Reaction ↺


551 to 600 of 696 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Seeing how close Varook and I posted, I’ll bet I saw the map after Varook moved but before he saved his post. So I owe you the apology.

I want to wait to give the others time to post, but wanted to own up to my error.


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Raff takes a stance and rushes forward to attack.

◆ Tiger Stance
◆ Stride
◆ Attack
Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

A look of disappointment flashes on Omari's face. "So be it."

◆ Stride into Flank
◆ Attack (yellow)
◆ Shield Spell
↺ Shield block if Omari attacked, Glimpse of Redemption if others attacked

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

So, according to the CRB on p. 472, "Reactions in Encounters", it's up to the GM if I can take reactions before my turn. So, GM, can I take my reaction to use Counterperformance against the boggards' bellow?


.

@Aramil - go for it. I'm happier if you use abilities than not.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

As the boggards croak, Aramil responds with a, ”Yo-de-lay-he-hooo!” as he attempts to try and blunt the croaky effect.

Counterperformance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

The frogs’ croak drowns him out, though.


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Once again I see I forgot a roll.

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

His failure to drown out the frogs' croak, coupled with the intimidating bellow, causes Aramil to feel a tiny pit in the base of his stomach. In response, he begins singing a jaunty tune before casting a spell to hurl a rock at the yellow[/b] one boggard.

Telekinetic Projectile, Inspire, Frightened 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 23
Damage, Inspire: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

[ooc]Action 1: Inspire Courage (+1 attack, +1 damage, +1 saving throw vs fear. Actions 2&3: Cast Telekinetic Projectile.

REACTION: Counterperformance if they bellow again.

Counterperformance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Will vs Fear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Lenna times her shots with her friends’ moves and, swallowing a sudden knot of fear, fires her bow at her hunted prey (Colonel Mustard, boggard edition).

◆ Hunted Shot/Flurry against boggard

◆ Normal shot

◆ Normal shot

Attack with IC: 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 1 + 1 = 24
Damage with IC[/dice: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Attack with IC: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 1 + 1 = 16
Damage with IC[/dice: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Attack with IC: 1d20 + 2 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 1 + 1 = 3
Damage with IC[/dice: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Attack with IC: 1d20 + 2 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 1 + 1 = 12
Damage with IC[/dice: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

If her original target falls, she will spend the next action to hunt his pack mate. And then continue firing if there are actions remaining.


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Varook lunges forward with his swords to strike at the boggard.

Attack (Double Slice): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


.

Thanks for your patience!

GM Rolls:

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 2 - 1 = 27 Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Will Ara/Lenna/Oma/Raf/Var/Ala: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 3 = 14 damage: 1d6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 3
Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 3 = 10 damage: 1d6 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 = 7

Aramil is overwhelmed by the boggard's croak and most of the group is affected by it. However, multiple attacks still strike the foremost boggard, who proves to be an extremely resilient opponent. Alak clanks through the two boggards, coming up behind the yellow one and chopping it down with his huge sword.

The remaining boggard looks around and lets out another croak before attacking Omari, but thanks to the effects of Omari's glimpse of redemption it misses its attacks.

Round Two:

Lenna
Varook (-6)
Omari (fri 1)
---
Boggard
---
Alak (fri 1)
Aramil
Raff (fri 1)

Omari, Raff, and Alak remain frightened 1. Everyone is up! One boggard left.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

◆ Hunt Prey (Red)

◆ Hunted Shot/Flurry against Red

◆ Normal shot against Red

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Lenna sends out a flurry of ammunition, basically reminding the creature that a ranged threat still existed, but none of her arrows found their mark.


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff launches a series of blows against yellow.

◆ Attack
Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist, flank
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
◆ Attack
Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist, flank
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 4 = 4 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
◆ Attack
Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist, flank
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 8 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 8 = 18 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil moved further forward to make sure he had a good view, singing his inspirational ballad as he went. He then conjured a shield before him, just in case.

Action 1: ◆Stride. Action 2: ◆Inspire Courage (+1 Status bonus to hit, damage, saves vs fear). Action 3: ◆Cast shield.

Reaction: ↺Counterperformance vs Boggard croak, if they do it.

Counterperformance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari lays into the remaining Boggard hoping to end this quickly.

◆ Attack
◆ Attack
◆ Shield Spell
↺ Shield block if Omari attacked, Glimpse of Redemption if others attacked

Attack, IC, F: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 9Damage, IC: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12

Attack, IC, F: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 - 1 = 12Damage, IC: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Slipping to the creature's side, Varook slashed at the beast with his swords.

Attack: (Double Swipe) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY POST. T.T

GM Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 24 Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11
Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 16 Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 17
Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 = 15 Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Attack: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (9) - 5 = 4 Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 14 Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The group surrounds the boggard and starts beating on it, however it turns out to be an able opponent, blocking most of the attacks. Varook gets a small hit in and Raff kicks it right in the face. Alak then moves in behind and scores a huge wound with his greatsword. The boggard swings out repeatedly, but all of its attacks are blocked.

Round Three:

Lenna
Varook (-6)
Omari
---
Boggard (-22) (ff)
---
Alak
Aramil
Raff

everyone is up!


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

◆ Hunted Shot/Flurry against Red

◆ Normal shot against Red

◆ Normal shot against Red

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 = 21
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 = 18
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Lenna keeps up the pressure and her aim gets better!

Did she really hit with all four shots?


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil moved further into the room, then cast a spell to hurl debris at the boggard.

Action 1: ◆Stride. Action 2&3: ◆◆Cast a Spell (Telekinetic Projectile)

TK Projectile: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Reaction: ↺Counterperformance vs Boggard croak, if they do it.

Counterperformance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

I did not renew inspire courage, so you don't technically get the bonus, Lenna.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

I didn't roll the Will save, either, but it looks like the boggard didn't try to use that ability this round.


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff steps over to red and punches.

◆ Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
◆ Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist, map
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 4 = 12 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


.

Lenna's first failed shots were just to sight the thing. She threads the needle and her arrows whiz right past the group and a full four of them thunk into the boggard's head, the last one splitting the first. It clunks to the ground dead.

End of Combat

Alak raises an eyebrow over at Lenna. "I'll let you know if I spot a gnat I need dealt with at three hundred paces."

This looks like it was a living space for the Bumblebrashers but the furniture has been smashed to bits by the boggard cultists, replaced by greasy tents. Searching the bodies you find a dirty purse with 19 sp in it, and a nice-looking onyx figurine of a dog.

The most obvious way to continue is through the door to your right, although you can backtrack and try other passages if you so wish.


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff opens the door.


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

As Raff goes through the door Omari heals Varook of their injuries with a short prayer to Nethys.

Lay On Hands!


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

After Raff opens the door, Aramil says, "Wait. According to the map we got from the Bumblebrashers, that's in the direction of where 'Big Bumble' is. Do we want to deal with...whatever Big Bumble is?"


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:
GM SpiderBeard wrote:

Alak raises an eyebrow over at Lenna. "I'll let you know if I spot a gnat I need dealt with at three hundred paces."

She winks and curtsies at the compliment. She admires the little statue of the dog and keeps it with the silver coins until the group can divide them.

"When the Bumblebrashers said cultists had forced them out of their home, I thought we would find humans in black robes!"


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Varook again thanks Omari for the healing, and frowns at Alak's comments to Lenna. While not saying anything, he moves closer to the woman and looks over her shoulder at the treasure.

"That's a nice bit of tat. Careful not to break it!"

He smiles slightly as he says this.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

She pouts, frowning a bit. "That wasn't my fault! Besides, this is much nicer than that old thing was. It probably wouldn't break if I dropped it. But I'm not going to!"

She tucks the figurine and the coins into her pack for the moment.

Shouldering her pack again, she lightly punches the grinning Varook in the arm.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

"The goblins said the cultists talked about fire, apparently, so I expected red and orange robes, but I did not expect boggards."


.

You pocket the with Lenna grabbing the little onyx dog. Feels nice. As you do, Raff stalks over to the next door and opens it. There's another door. So he opens that, too.

Once-fine seating made from mahogany and velvet has been broken to pieces and used to fashion crude shelters. To the north, a door is heavily barricaded with debris.

As you swing open the door you hear a muffled roar from the barricaded north door. Within the room is a very large, mean-looking boggard and two ape...men...things. Small bipedal primates carrying weapons. They start screeching wildly and the fight is on! The boggard looks nervously to the north door, but the door looks like it is holding.

The boggard is quick to react, and it rushes for Raff, clobbering the monk in the face with a club before withdrawing to stand in front of the monkey-men.

◆ Recall Knowledge: Society (or Mwangi-related lore) DC 18:

These little monkey-men are called Charau-ka. A menace in the southern tropics they are virtually unknown in Avistan. They are savage and violent, terrorizing the Mwangi Expanse and there are legends of their feasting on human flesh. They are fully intelligent and noted for their worship of demon lords.

Initiative:

Amaril: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Varook: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Raff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Omari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Lenna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Alak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Boggard: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Monkey-men: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Round One:

Boggard
---
Varook
Aramil
Raff
Omari
---
Monkey-men
---
Lenna

GM Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Everyone but Lenna is up!


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff reenters his stance before retaliating against the boggard.

◆ Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
◆ Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 4 = 10 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

I don't have line of sight to the creatures, so I think, technically, I can't attempt the check to Recall Knowledge.

Aramil moved to try to get a better view of the creatures in the next room, but all he could see was the boggard. He began playing an inspiring song, one he attempted to make linger. He then changed the tune to one of protection to conjure a protective shield before him.

Action 1: ◆Stride. Free Action: ◇Lingering Composition. Action 2: ◆Inspire Courage. Action 3: ◆Cast a Spell (Shield).

Lingering Composition: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Let me know if that succeeds.

Reaction: ↺Counterperformance if the boggard croaks.

Counterperformance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


.

Easy make on lingering comp.

The boggard blocks Raff's attack and ribbits something unpleasasnt in turn. Aramil inspires the group, moving in and letting the last note resonate into the dungeon walls.

Round Two:

Boggard
---
Varook
Aramil
Raff
Omari
---
Monkey-men
---
Lenna

Varook and Omari are up!


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Moving up to try and flank the Boggard, Varook swings both his swords together...one high and the other low.

Attack (double slice): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Unable to squeeze through the door Omari moves up behind Raff and lays hands on him, preparing to protect their allies as necessary. Finally Omari gives a withering glare to the Boggard in front.

◆ Stride
◆ Lay On Hands (Heal 6 and +2 Status Bonus to AC for one round)
◆ Demoralize (intimidating glare)
↺ Glimpse of Redemption if allies are attacked

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

I know I'm after the monkey-men, but when does Alak go?


.

Whoops, after you.

GM Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 5 = 9 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 5 = 8 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Varook moves in but the boggard blocks his attacks while Omari heals Raff. Both of the monkey-men absolutely lose their damn minds and start just screaming like maniacs. Debris flies at the group as they fling everything they have handy at the party.

Varook looks up as the junk flies at him, and he gets clocked in the face with a thrown chair!

Round Two con't:

Boggard
---
Varook (-8)
Aramil
Raff (+2 AC) (-6)
Omari
---
Monkey-men
---
Lenna
Alak

Varook takes 8 damage. Lenna is up!


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna looks at the mass of allies between her and Varook, trying to gauge her options, and she hears Varook's grunt of surprise as something hits him. "I've got to get in there."

Using her uncanny ability to move to small spaces and her naturally small size, she slips past her allies and tries to dive through the boggard's legs while he's not expecting her before rolling to a position behind Varook where she can provide some covering fire.

Acrobatics vs Boggard's Reflex DC to move through his square: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 That's not going to do it. Is she able to try again? If so,

Acrobatics vs Boggard's Reflex DC again, if allowed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 If a retry is not allowed, I will burn her hero point here to end up where she is on the map.

She focuses her attention on one of the ape-men (Yellow) and prepares to rain arrows on him. If she has an action because the hero point was used for a reroll, she will fire twice at Yellow.

Hunted Shot 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28 for Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Hunted Shot 2: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11 for Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Sorry for the complicated if-then post.


.

Yep one action each so you have the space. Also, that's a crit!

GM Rolls:

Club: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 131d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d20 - 5 ⇒ (8) - 5 = 3
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Lenna runs into the boggard's legs, but is not noticed so she just races under him, does a neat little roll, and then puts an arrow solidly into one of the monkey-dudes. The boggard whips out his club repeatedly, and catches Varook in the face, almost knocking the little halfling silly.

Alak sees the crowded hall, and sighs and takes off, trying to circle around to the other entrance.

Round Three:

Boggard
---
Varook (-19)
Aramil
Raff (+2 AC) (-6)
Omari
---
Monkey-men
Yellow (-12)
Red
---
Lenna
Alak

Varook takes 11 damage. Everyone but Lenna is up!


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

GM was I able to use Glimpse of Redemption on the boggard's Attack? Both of them are within 15 feet of me.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

The answer for this will shape my action as well.


.

Yes! Sorry tricky ability to keep track of.

The boggard hesitates as it is about to smack Varook and then reconsiders its life choices.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil moved forward to get a look at the boggard through his allies, and with his song of inspiration still echoing off the walls, he played an attacking song on his lute to fling a piece of debris at it.

Action 1: ◆Stride. Actions 2&3: ◆◆Cast Telekinetic Projectile.

TK Projectile, inspire: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
Critical Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

Reaction: ↺Counterperformance if either the boggard croaks, or the monkeymen do anything that it would apply to.

Counterperformance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Without word, Raff keeps his onslaught against the boggard.

If the first or second attack takes down red, Raff will move over in front of yellow. He'll attack if he has actions left.

◆ Attack
Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
◆ Attack
Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 4 = 22 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
◆ Attack
Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 8 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 8 = 12 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Sorry been sick the last few days..trying to keep up :-)


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna brings Varook some hot tea. "Get well soon!"


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Knowing they would be unable to tumble past the Boggard Omari readies themself to move into position as soon as it goes down.

◆◆ Ready action to ◆Stride up to the Monkeys if the Boggard dies
◆ Cast Shield (AC: 20)
↺ Stride into the room inbetween the the Monkeys and allies if the boggard dies, Glimpse of Redemption if allies are attacked (and the boggard still lives)

That one was kinda complex. I hope it makes sense.


.

GM Rolls:

Boggard: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 121d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d20 ⇒ 7
Boggard: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Varook: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 241d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 4 = 161d20 - 8 ⇒ (12) - 8 = 4
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 6

The boggard weathers Aramil's excellent projectile and a hard fist to the face from Raff before Varook stabs it. It remains upright and Omari frustrated as he can't find a way to get into the fight.

It swings a club right for Varook's head, but it hesitates under Omari's magic, and does not complete the swing.

Lenna is up! Boggard is still upright.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna, frustrated that the boggard remains upright, has to trust her allies have it under control and keeps up the pressure on her prey (the yellow ape-man).

◆ Hunted shots
◆ Normal shot
◆ Normal shot

Hunted Shot 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Hunted Shot 2: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Normal Shot 1: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Normal Shot 2: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

With those rolls, it probably doesn't matter, but if her hunted prey falls, she will take her other shots at the boggard.


.

Mixed up the initiative order on the boggard and monkey-men but combat is flowing so we're fiiine.

GM rolls:

Club: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d20 ⇒ 161d20 - 5 ⇒ (2) - 5 = -3
Club: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 ⇒ 131d20 - 5 ⇒ (12) - 5 = 7

Lenna's arrow flies into the boggard's chest, almost knocking him over, but the big bastard keeps on fighting! In the back, the door flies open to reveal Alak who went the long way around. The two monkeys turn on him, but he blocks all of their attacks.

Round Four:

Monkey-men
Yellow (-12)
Red
---
Varook (-19)
Aramil
Raff (+2 AC) (-6)
Omari
---
Boggard (-31)
---
Lenna
Alak

Everyone but Lenna is up!

551 to 600 of 696 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Taban and the age of ashes gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.