GM SpiderBeard's Age of Ashes

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter 1: Hellknight Hill

Campaign Maps | Loot

Symbols: Action ◆ Free Action ◇ Reaction ↺


501 to 550 of 695 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

With the top floor of the keep cleared - and his insides having tried to escape - Aramil chooses to take it easy, but he does take time to go to Shelyn's Smile and give thanks for Her ensuring his safety by performing a ballad of the events of clearing the top level of the keep.

Performance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

He would be happy to have Alek accompany them, as the extra sword could be very useful.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna's warmed up to the armiger after fighting alongside him and much more so after seeing him get emotional about the items they'd returned. I guess they are people, too. Mean and scary people, but I've known worse.

Having seen the bookseller's on her way to Quarters and Bits, Lenna chats up Alak (if he's come to Breachill with us) about the other books in the citadel. "So since your order left so many books in the citadel, does that mean they don't want them anymore? Or would they want them back, given the chance? I ask because the bookseller has all sorts of books and maybe she would buy some of them," then she hastily adds, "but I wouldn't sell them if I knew the owners still wanted them, of course. Or maybe you could sell them for the Order. Or maybe she wouldn't want them, anyway, she wasn't very friendly when we met her."

Before distributing any money from the loot, Lenna can afford a standard healer's kit, but not the bandolier. Varook, would you spot me a few silver until next payday? (The importance of the bandolier is that it allows me to access tools - like a healer's kit - as part of the action to use them, making Battle Medicine much more efficient.)


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari spends the evening (after making sure everyone is healed up) relaxing and studying their new scroll. They are trying to figure out how to copy it into a spellbook much like a wizard. But won't be able to figure it out until I get the 8th level multiclass feat


.

=============
Training Wargs
=============

With the worgs retrieved from the goblins and brought back to town you start trying to learn how to relate to these curious puppies. They are clearly extremely intelligent, and like most intelligent dogs get destructive when bored in addition to an inherent viciousness and mistrust of other people. However, with work you may get somewhere.

Those of you who are trying to train the dogs, please make a diplomacy check.

also let me know what you're doing with the wargs when you go to the vault.[/spoiler]

==============
Talking with Alak
==============

He grins a little wryly. "Hellknight texts can be boring even for me at times, but perhaps there's something worth saving there. Honestly, anything worth selling is likely worth saving. Most of what was truly valuable was taken when the Order moved, but we shall see. Thank you Lenna, I appreciate the hint. Once we find my family's ring I'll be sure to investigate the books."

==================
The Following Morning
==================

You all have a pleasant evening listening to Aramil sing some ballads he's composed about your mighty exploration of the top floor. He is extremely well-received and by the end of the performance has three more silver pieces to his name from coppers provided from the crowd.

The following morning, you all assemble and get ready for the short journey to Hellknight Hill, and the vault that lay there within. Alak's reception in the town is a little mixed, you notice. Although the Hellknights were the cornerstone of the town's economy, they also rather abruptly left.

Alak himself is composed, distant, cold, but with a dark sense of humour and a certain keen way of looking at things. His conversation is more polite than friendly, however.

Before entering the vault you stop by to check in on the Bumblebrashers. They give you some quick information about the dungeon.

- The vault is in three sections, a north, east, and south one. The goblins stayed away from the east and south citing 'monsters and dead people' respectively. Helba helpfully provides a (very) crude map.

- The Bumblebrasher mascot, Big Bumble, described as a "big fuzzy friend who got angry" is probably still stuck down there and hungry. Also probably even more angry.

With this information you head to the secret door in the hillside, and head towards the dungeon. It is pitch black inside with 10' high ceilings, and after a little while a 5' wide passageway ends at a simple door.

That's a lot at once so le tme know if you need to circle back. Otherwise, the map is updated.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna is hoping to take one of the puppies as her animal companion. So I make this post hoping she gets to do that, but will pursue other options if there are more hopefuls than puppies.

I debated getting trained in Diplomacy, but I did not consider its application in establishing a relationship with the wargs. Two questions: Does taking Animal Companion as my skill feat with the metagame intention of establishing that relationship with one of the pups helpful in that endeavor? And second, if I need Diplomacy, can I reconsider my skill choices for second level?

Untrained Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Ouch. Even +5 from it being trained would not help that much.


.

@Lenna yes (I'll let it modify the DCs) and yes you can rejig skills to take diplomacy. Also one failure is not the end of things. This is multiple rolls over a long period of in-game time.


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff doesn't have diplomacy either and I don't plan to have him take it. His inter-personal skill is intimidate. If that won't do, then I may need to reconsider Train Animal, which I only took for the worgs.

Just in case though.
Diplomacy Untrained: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Raff will try to find someone to care for the pups. If there's no one in town, then he'll ask the Bramblebrashers. He'll pay stabling or whatever.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Thank you and understood. Her crafting wasn't anything special, even trained, so she's pushed it off for the moment. Diplomacy +7, so that roll's still only an 11.

Lenna is hoping to return with the wargs to the citadel and ask the Bramblebrashers to care for them. Like Raff, she expects to pay for the service and if Raff finds a better 'host' in town, she will follow his lead since she didn't ask the goblins while she had the chance.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

At the entrance to the vaults, Aramil looks embarrassed and says, "Does anyone have a light?"


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari scratches the back of their head, looking around, pointedly not answering the question.


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Varook reaches into his pack and retrieves a lantern. He shakes it to make sure there is fuel within, then takes out his flint and tinder and strikes a spark onto the oil-soaked wick. The wick smoulders for a moment before a bloom of yellowish light explodes in the darkness.

"There now...will that do?" he says handing the lantern to Aramil.


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff lights a torch or is willing to take the lantern if Aramil needs a free hand to cast spells or something.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Thanks to their low-light vision and higher perception bonuses, Lenna and Aramil might be the best candidates to scout. Lenna is willing.

Lenna listens at the door. Does it appear to have a lock or latch?


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil will just take an Interact action to set the lantern down in order to use his lute to cast spells.Strictly speaking, if I buy finger symbols or maracas, I don't even need to do that.

"Thank you." Aramil takes the lantern from Varook and holds it high so Lenna can scout.


.

I'm going to just push you guys through so we don't spend a day on opening an unlocked door.

The Wargs:

Raff and Lenna both try their best at training the two dogs. Lenna manages to get nipped while Raff gets a little bit of a rapport and one of the pups allows him to pet her.

You all listen at the door and don't hear much before flinging it open. Your lantern light spills into the dungeon.

This wide, empty stone hallway is oppressive and dark. To the east, the hall ends at three separate open doorways, while six additional corridors branch off to the north and south. A mass of rubble spills out of a clogged archway in the northeastern portion of the room.

At the opposite end of the hall are two very large, multicoloured birds birds with enormous tails pecking in the dust. They both look up at you, and there's a pregnant pause as you all lock eyes.

"SQUAWK!"

Seems they're hostile.

Nature DC 18 ◆:

These are emperor birds, which hail from the Mwangi Expanse to the distant south. They are noted for using their beautiful plumage to distract their enemies.

Initiative:

Aramil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Varook: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Raff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Omari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Lenna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Alak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Pretty Birds: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Round One:

Aramil
Lenna
Alak
---
Birds (concealed)
---
Varook
Raff
Omari

Aramil and Lenna are up! Note that the light from Aramil extends 30' bright, 30' dim. The birds have the concealed condition (DC 5 flat check on each attack), cancelled by low-light vision. Map is updated.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Nature to recall knowledge: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

◆ Hunt Prey on the bird on the right.

◆ Ready my bow as I don't think it would have been if I was opening the door.

"Anyone know what these birds are?"


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil sets the lantern down on the ground, then begins playing a melody to inspire his comrades. He then shifts the song to one of protection, as a floating shield appears before him. "Sorry, I'm not familiar with different types of birds."

Action 1: ◆Interact to set down the lantern.
Action 2: ◆Inspire Courage (+1 attack, damage, will vs fear)
Action 3: ◆Cast shield cantrip for +1 AC
Reaction: ↺Counterperformance if the birds do something that will apply to, ↺Shield Block if they attack me and hit.


.

Feathers splayed aggressively, the birds make an insane racket as they charge along the ground towards you!

Round Two:

Aramil
Lenna
Alak
---
Birds
---
Varook
Raff
Omari

Everyone is up! The birds are no longer concealed.

Also these are some slow-ass birds. lol


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari Moves into a defensive position, able to protect all of his allies from the center before swinging on a bird and casting his protective barrier.

◆ Move
◆ Attack Bird (Red)
◆ Cast Shield

↺ If someone attacks an ally, Glimpse of Redemption, If someone attacks me, shield block.

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26
Damage, IC: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff runs in between the birds to get behind them before assuming a stance and lashing out with his fist.

◆ Move
◆ Tiger Stance
◆ Attack
Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Moving past Omari, Varook slashes at the bird now confronting him (Red)

◆ Nature to recall knowledge:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

◆ Hunt Prey on the (red) bird.

◆Attack

attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

◆ Move up behind Omari

◆ Hunted Shot/Flurry against hunted bird (yellow)

◆ Normal shot

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil picks up the lantern and moves forward behind Lenna so that the light is still there for his companions. He sings as he does so.

Action 1: Action 1: ◆Interact to pick up the lantern.
Action 2: ◆Inspire Courage (+1 attack, damage, will vs fear)
Action 3: ◆Move behind Lenna.
Reaction: ↺Counterperformance if the birds do something that will apply to.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

I assume our talented GM controls the NPC?


.

Back, sorry for the unexplained absence! Yeah, he's under my control for ease of play. Otherwise it puts higher posting expectations on people and can delay things.

GM Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 (x2 = 24)
Alak Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Beak: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Alak looks incredulously at the birds and their cacaphonic screeching before he shrugs and grabs his sword, charging in with a huge swipe. His blow completely decapitates a bird, killing it instantly. The other bird rears backs, and starts waving its spectacular feathers around. They're impossible to focus on, and confuse the senses.

It then lunges out at Varook, striking. Omari's protective prayer over his companions seems to confuse the bird, but it is so enraged it just plows through to hit the halfling! The bird looks pretty wobbly after that.

Round one:

Aramil
Lenna
Alak
---
Birds:
Red (enfeebled 2)
---
Varook (-4)
Raff
Omari

Varook takes 4 damage (after DR from glimpse of redemption). Everyone must make a DC 19 will save or be dazzled (DC 5 flat check or miss attacks). Everyone is up!


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Flat DC 5: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Lenna throws one hand in front her face with a cry. She blinks furiously to get the motes of light clear so she can shoot at the remaining bird.


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Tiger Stance

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

◆ Step to flank bird
◆ Kill bird
Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
◆ Kill bird more
Tiger Claw: agile, finesse, unarmed, powerful fist
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 4 = 11 Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari continues their assault on the bird.

◆ Attack Bird
◆ Attack Bird
◆ Cast Shield

↺ If someone attacks an ally, Glimpse of Redemption, If someone attacks me, shield block.

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 = 25 Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 14


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Does my Counterperformance apply to this effect?


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Forgot my dazzle checks

Dazzle 1: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Dazzle 2: 1d20 ⇒ 1


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Dazzled by the weird bird's display, Varook still attempts to strike the thing.

DC5 flat check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

◆ Attack Bird (Double Slice): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

◆ Attack Bird: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Hey everyone, if the Counterperformance reaction I planned to use above applies to this attack, then you may not need to make any Dazzle checks.


.

@Aramil - YES! it does. This is a visual effect you can counter. I interpreted it as auditory only but this totally applies.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

That’s because in 1E, Countersong was auditory only - distraction was the visual one. PF2 combined the two abilities into one.

Counterperformance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Everyone can choose to use the results of my Performance check in place of their saving throw.

When the bird begins its display of feathers and squawking, Aramil immediately breaks into a strutting Varisian dance he’d seen performed on the streets of Magnimar, the steps quick and in time with the bird’s feathery fluff. In the process, he provided a bit of a distraction for his companions to prevent them from being distracted by its brightly colored show of dominance.

Round 2

Aramil continues his dance, but now he worked in the music of his lute, sending a nearby rock flying towards the bird.

Telekinetic Projectile, Inspire: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22
Bludgeoning Damage, Inspire: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7

Action 1: Inspire Courage. Action 2 & 3: Telekinetic Projectile. Reaction: Counterperformance if the bird does something it would apply to.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

In that case, I will retcon my turn if GM approves: ◆ Hunt Prey (Red bird)

◆ Hunted Shot/Flurry against hunted bird

◆ Normal shot

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 + 1 = 16
Damage, IC: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Likely changing nothing!


.

GM approves all retcons because I'm cool like that.

As the bird starts doing its weird lil wobbly dance, a loud dischordant sound from Aramil's loot snaps you all out of the trance. The group pounces on the emperor bird, and it goes down under a flurry of blows finished off by Aramil flinging a rock at its stupid head and killing it instantly.

End of Combat

With the bird dead, you all step into the passageway to see what these vaults have in store.

From here, there are multiple directions to choose. Three passages north, three passages south, and huge doors to the east. In addition, collapsed rubble in the northwest seems to have been stairs at once point.

Your information from Helba tells you that the goblins lived to the north (with their mascot), there are probably undead to the south, and some kind of monsters to the east.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

"So, goblin homes or undead first?"


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari will spend 10 minutes healing Varook and praying to regain his focus.

"Undead. They might kill the goblins if we leave them unattended."


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

"The undead already forced the goblins upstairs.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

"And that cult is down here somewhere. We need to watch our backs."


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Once healed, Varook moves towards the weird bird and plucks a few of its feathers. He turns and gives one to Lenna and one to Omari.

"Thank you Omari. That feels much better. I think we should see if there are any more goblins down here before we go after the undead. Just my thoughts..."


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

"The cult could have taken up in the old goblin quarters." Raff seems to really want to go to the goblin quarters.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna dimples and takes the feather and tucks it behind her ear.

She nods, "I thought they said the cultists were in their old quarters. It seems like a good place to start to me."


.

Since you didn't specify a hall I'm going with the nearest one. Also going to apply a basic door rule.

The first hallway leads to a door. Listening at the door, you hear the sounds of movement inside, and so preparing for something unpleasant, you swing the door open.

A broken bed frame, splintered drawers, and a smashed desk mark this chamber as a long-abandoned bedroom. Greasy tents and moldy piles of cloth reveal that someone has recently been squatting here.

Within the room are two large frog-like men which were gibbering to each other in whatever weird frog-man language. You all recognize them as boggards, tribal swamp-folk known for their aggression. They attack!

Initiative:

Boggards: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Amaril: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Varook: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Raff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Omari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Lenna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Round One:

Lenna
Varook
Omari
---
Obgagrds
---
Aramil
Raff

Lenna, Varook, and Omari are up!


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari Moves in to make room for their companions and sets up a defensive position before demanding the Boggards surrender with a biting glare.

"Stand down. If you try and fight us you will surely perish."

◆ Move
◆ Demoralize (Red) Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
◆ Demoralize (Yellow) Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
↺ If someone attacks an ally, Glimpse of Redemption

Intimidating Glare if they don't speak common


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

I moved Aramil to a more central location in the marching order, since he has the lantern.


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff has a torch as well


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Moving forward past Raff, Varook takes an intimidating pose in the hopes it will help Omari's demands.

Sorry at work without books...can I assist with intimidating roll?


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

For the record, I think Lenna and Varook would have been closer together.

◆ Stride to position inside room

◆ Hunt Prey (Yellow)

◆ Hunted Shot/Flurry against boggard

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage, IC: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Attack, IC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage, IC: 1d8 ⇒ 6

"Varook, watch out!"


.

@Lenna sorry thought I had you two together.

@Varook normally yhou would use an action and spend a reaction on Omari's turn. I'll let you do it here as we're learning but that's how it works for the future.

GM Rolls:

Aid: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The group charge in, Omari tries to tell the two boggards to stand down but they just croak in defiance. One looks very uncertain of itself though. Varook moves in to help with the glare, but is just ignored for his troubles. Two arrows zoom in overhead but miss, and so Varook decides to try a stab of his own. He manages to nick a boggard's face, annoying it.

The two boggards throw back their heads, and you are all shocked with the sheer intensity of their croaks which shake the entire dungeon.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

They then start swinging with clubs. The blows are parried, but one goes right for Varook's face. Omari's hand flashes, and the boggard hesitates before blasting through the spell and then clutching its head. Varook is lightly hit.

Round One con't:

Lenna
Varook (-6)
Omari
---
Boggard
Red
Yellow (intimidated, 1 turn) (enfeebled 2, 1 turn)
---
Aramil
Raff

Everyone must make a DC 18 will save or be frightened 1! Varook takes 6 damage (after DR). EVERYONE IS UP!

501 to 550 of 695 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Taban and the age of ashes gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.