GM SpiderBeard's Age of Ashes

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Chapter 1: Hellknight Hill

Campaign Maps | Loot

Symbols: Action ◆ Free Action ◇ Reaction ↺


251 to 300 of 696 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari moves in to stand beside Raff and the stranger, ready to call upon Nethys to protect them, and hits the closest imp with his staff in an overhead swing.

1. Move
2. Move
3. Staff Strike
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Bludgeoning: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil moved into the room and began playing an inspiring melody on his lute to bolster his allies abilities. He includes the man with the greatsword, since he wasn't hostile and appeared to be at least a partial ally. He then shifted the song to one of protection, creating a shield of force before himself.

1. Move; 2. Inspire Courage (+1 to attack and damage rolls); 3. Casting shield (+1 AC for me, gain shield block reaction).


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Move, Hunt prey, flurry attack

Lenna slips into the room as the others engage in combat with something she cannot see. She moves to put her back against the wall.

She focuses on an orange imp. Hunt prey

She opens fire with her bow, releasing two quick arrows in a blur.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 26 Inspiration, volley penalty
Damage: 2d8 + 1d10 ⇒ (8, 6) + (4) = 18 Deadly trait

Attack, flurry: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 8
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Move, double Slice

Stepping out of the doorway, Varook moves forward to attack the imp closest to him (Orange).

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8


.

GM Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 = 291d10 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 91d20 - 10 + 1 ⇒ (8) - 10 + 1 = -1
Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12
Diabolic Healing: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 5
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 171d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage: 2d4 - 1 ⇒ (1, 3) - 1 = 32d4 - 1 ⇒ (2, 2) - 1 = 3
Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 9 - 5 = 131d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 5 = 7
Damage: 2d4 - 1 ⇒ (2, 2) - 1 = 32d4 - 1 ⇒ (2, 4) - 1 = 5
Varook Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Poison: 1d6 ⇒ 3

You swarm into the room. Raff and Omari both score hits on an imp while Aramil starts strumming a battle anthem on his lute. Lenna then threads a needle as her arrow flies and slams right into the open eye of an imp, sending it flying backwards and pinning it against a wall. Varook finds his target dead, so steps over to the next imp to slash it but good.

The man who is presumably a hellknight clanks over to the nearest imp, slashing down with his greatsword. The two imps heal their wounds slightly, cackling like - well - imps and leap at their opponents, stinging out with their tails. Varook is caught in the neck with a stinger, and he feels a horrid burning as the poison slows him down.

Round One:

Amaril
Omari
Raff
Varook (-6) (clumsy 1)
Lenna
Hellknight
---
Imps:
Orange (Dead)
Red (-5)
Yellow (-8)

Varook takes 6 damage and is poisoned! He gains clumsy 1 at this stage of the poison. Everyone is up! You've noticed the imps seem resistant to your physical attacks - but not that resistant.


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

GM I would like to use my Glimpse of Redemption on the Imp that hits Raff. Either it can either do no damage, or do 3 less damage and become enfeebled 2 for 1 round.

Seeing the imp assaulting their companion Omari swings their staff once before unleashes the power of Nethys on the Imps with a deafening screech!

Action 1 - Strike (Red)
Strike, Inspire: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19
Damage, Inspire: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11
Actions 2&3 - Cry of Destruction, 15 foot cone, DC 16 Basic Fort Save lined up to hit both Imps
Sonic Damage: 1d12 ⇒ 7


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Hunt prey, flurry attack

All business, Lenna focuses now on the imp that struck Varook. Hunt prey on yellow(?)

She opens fire with her bow, releasing three arrows in quick succession.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21 (Inspiration; I think he's 30' away, so removed the volley penalty)
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Attack, flurry, hunted shot: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Attack, flurry: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

If the first two shots both hit, combine the damage before applying resistances or weaknesses due to hunted shot.


.

Done!

GM Rolls:

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage to red: 1d8 ⇒ 6

The imp's tail lashes out at Raff but Omari throws out a hand and suddenly strange arcane symbols appear before its eyes. The imp seems to have a moment of existential doubt and withdraws its tail.

Omari follows up by uttering an arcane word in a deafening voice. Even the hellknight stops to stare as the walls shake before the noise. One of the imps is thrown violently back by the shout, and crashes into the wall, killed. The other one is badly rattled, but still in the fight. Sort of.

Round Two con't:

Amaril
Omari
Raff
Varook
Lenna
Hellknight
---
Imps:
Orange (Dead)
Red (-12)
Yellow (-8)

Varook, Raff, and Amaril are up! Varook's damage did not occur last round thanks to a reaction from Omari. One imp left!


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Woohoo!! Thanks, Omari!

Varook moves quickly as the imp hesitates due to whatever Omari did, and he slashes out with his swords.

Double Slash, Attack

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff steps up and pokes at yellow.

1. Step or Stride to get into reach
2. Longspear: reach, inspiration
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24 Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
3 Longspear: reach, inspiration
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 - 5 = 11 Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil continues to play his song of inspiration to bolster his allies, but he then changes to a discordant melody, attempting to overwhelm the senses of the remaining imp.

Casting daze. The Imp takes 4 mental damage, DC 17 basic Will save for half damage. If it critically fails the Will save, it gains Stunned 1, in addition to normal effects.


.

Aramil gets to save his spell as Raff thrusts out with his spear, and skewers the last remaining imp. It lets out a loud, extended gurgle before going limp.

End of Combat

The man cleans his weapons with precision before sheathing it to look at you. "Well fought. Hopefully that's the end of them." He looks over all of you carefully."Armiger Alak Stagram of the Order of the Nail. Formerly of Citadel Altaerein, currently of Citadel Vraid in Varisia." He gives a formal bow. "How nice to meet you in this beautiful and well-kept estate."


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

At the hellknights description of the keep Omari lets out a surprisingly high pitched laugh given their size. "Indeed! Well met. I am Omari Oparal, Chamion of Nethys out of the Temple of the Protective Shroud in Kyonin." Omari returns the man's bow. "My companions and I were hired by the the town to save the goblin residents of this keep. What brings you here?"


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna waves shyly from where she had taken up her firing position, but doesn't say anything.


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff thrusts the head of his spear into the ground. "Raff, ruffian, formally of no place worth mentioning, currently of right here in this worn down castle. I'm sure the pleasure is all yours." He doesn't know why, but Raff doesn't like this guy.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil returns the bow and says, "Aramil Wellys, formerly of Magnimar, currently of where I happen to be, traveling musician and devotee of Shelyn. Could you tell me, Armiger, if the Order of the Nail has decided to reclaim the Citadel?"

If so, that could make life difficult for the Bumblebrashers and, by extension, Breachill.


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Varook stands silently beside Lenna as the others introduce themselves to the hellknight.


.

He smirks wryly. "We have not. This is a ruin and will be left that way. I have taken a short leave of absence from the Order of the Nail to attend some personal business. I have no quarrel with the goblins provided the feeling is mutual."


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna speaks up. ”I am sure the goblins would appreciate an armed and armored neighbor that was not hostile. They have had some trouble of late and are a peaceful bunch. We could introduce you.”


.

He nods once. "Probably for the best. I have no quarrel with these goblins. Introduce me and I will return to my search and we can go our separate ways."


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

She nods, tugs on Varook’s arm lightly and heads out the door.


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

"I believe they are this way. Follow us?" Omari begins to head towards the goblin encampment.


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Varook follows Lenna, but keeps his eyes on the Hellknight...may such people had attended his battles in the pit, and he held little love for them.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

After hearing Omari's invitation to follow, Lenna pauses her steps ever so slightly. She looks over her shoulder to see if the hellknight is iin fact following or not.

If he's following, she will ask:

"What sort of search brings you to an abandoned keep so far from home? Is it something we might help with?"

She turns back forward as she walks, mentally berating herself for offering to help a hellknight of all people. Varook can see the look on her face and he knows she's not happy about something.


.

Alak cleans his blade and moves with you although follows near the back, it's clear he doesn't quite trust you all yet. As Lenna moves to talk to him, she notices a holy symbol of Asmodeus around his neck.

"I am searching for a family heirloom, Miss Lenna. Unfortunately the housekeeping in this place has been lacking, which makes the entire search..." he waves his hand vaguely at the intense clutter of the citadel. "Time consuming."

---

It's only a minute to get back to the courtyard. There, you see the goblins have already got to work butchering the corpse of the Grauladon and setting up some shelter amongst the rubble. They all let out a cheer as you arrive. Alak regards them coolly as Helba approaches.

"Who you? Are you their friend? They helped us. I'm Helba!"

"We'll see," responds Alak, leaning down to shake hands with the goblin chieftan. "Armiger Alak Stagram of the Order of the Nail. I used to live here before the order decided the Citadel would best serve as a..." He looks at the hacked-apart corpse of the monstrous Grauladon. "... petting zoo. I am going to be looking around the keep for something but I won't hurt you. I may come talk to you to ask if you have seen things, is that alright?"

Helba nods enthusiastically.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Having brought the hellknight and the goblin together, Lenna turns to the others, ”Well, then? Where do we start?”


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

"No need to be so haughty, hell knight. By your own words, you used to live here. You are here now as a guest in their home. You should remember that and act like it."


.

Alak spares a glance to Raff. "I am an Armiger, not technically a Hellknight yet, I have not earned the right to that name. I hope to be one some day. And my joke was about the giant dead lizard that had taken up residence, not to denigrate these assuredly fine goblins."

Let me know if you have further questions or use for Alak or the goblins. Otherwise your options are to search through the rooms you rushed through, continue to clear this level of the keep, or cut straight to the vaults. The goblins have asked that you get the monsters off of the top floor as there's apparently other baddies up here.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:
GM SpiderBeard wrote:

Helba speaks up.

"The big dragon-lizard was the worst! I think there's a bugbear creeping in the hallways to the south and Grunit here said he saw a dancing body in the northern part. Also we just heard fighting from the south, too! I think someone else got in!"

"Helba, where was the bugbear you were worried about?"

Perception DC 17:
I believe that's right, based on a Deception bonus of +7;

Lenna is trying to hide it, but she is not comfortable around the armiger. While she's trying to be polite, she's not going out of her way to interact with him, standing on the far side of the group, etc.


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Not picking up on their companion's discomfort Omari nods along as the Armiger speaks. "Perhaps you could tell us what your heirloom looks like, and if we see it on our explorations we could return it to you?

I'm ok exploring in whichever direction the rest of the group wants to.


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Varook has kept his distance for the wannabe Hellknight the entire walk back to the goblins. He tenses as Raff challenges the man, ready to join the fight, and is slightly disappointed when the fellow backs down.

He looks over to Lenna with a grim look on his face, waiting for the group to continue their exploration of the keep.


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Having lost that round, Raff groans and adds to Lena's question. "Yes. Where is that unwanted guest. We should go and remove him from the premises."


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Not having noticed Lenna and Varook's discomfort with the Hellknight Armiger, Aramil shoots Raff a look, then turns to Alak. "If you would like, we could help you search for this heirloom. We'll be moving through the keep ourselves to clear it of threats, as well as the vaults below, so there's no sense in dividing our strength."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

EDIT: We should clear the top floor, and give the Bumblebrashers room to spread out.


.

Aramail's aside to Alak seems to improve the armiger's disposition a little. He starts speaking a little more freely.

"Very well - I'm looking for my family's signet ring. My late parents were Hellknights of the Nail, stationed here. I recently found out the ring was stored in a safe place somewhere in this Citadel. If you are entering the vaults I would be glad of your eyes. I am going to return to my search of the Testing Arena, but please keep me abreast of what you find."

PICK ONE. South, northwest, northeast. First person to pick I will update with their choice.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Let’s pursue the bugbear rumor first. So, south?


.

You make your way back to the drill auditorium while Alak returns to his search of the testing grounds. The most obvious way to continue is a door to your east, so you listen at it.

From within is the sound shifting rubble - something or someone is in the room.

You're moved on the map and at a door - something is on the other side.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna readies her bow, staying back from the door and waiting as the others prepare to enter.


Male NG Halfling Fighter 2 | HP: 30/30| AC: 18 |F: +8, R: +10, W: +6| Perc: +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/1 | Active conditions: None

Varook moves towards the door, weapons out and ready to enter the room beyond. He listens to see if he can tell what might be behind the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari readies their shield spell, waiting for a word from their companions on when they should open the door. "Say when."


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil tunes his lute, then looks at the others and says, "Ready."


.

You swing the door open.

This dingy room is littered with toppled bunk beds and broken furniture, and doors to small but more private bedchambers hang open along the western and southern walls. In the room’s center, bed frames are stacked upon each other to form a sort of fort, with filthy and ripped bedding draped over the top to form its ceiling and walls.

As you all start to move in, there's a sudden rustle, and a female bugbear leaps from the fort, charging for you!

Initiative:

Amaril: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Varook: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Raff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Omari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Lenna: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Yoletcha: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

GM Rolls:

Raff
Lenna
Amaril
Omari
---
Bugbear
----
Varook

Everyone but Varook is up! Map is updated. The bugbear tried to get the jump on you and has done a poor job of it.


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

”Guess we’ve found the bugbear! Are we taking her alive?”


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

"She's made her choice." Raff meets her charge with his spear.

Longspear: reach
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Piercing: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 2) + 8 = 17

Longspear: reach, map
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 5 = 16 Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

The little ranger nods at Raff's reply and slides through the group to a position where she can thread her shot past the man into his foe. She takes a deep breath and focuses on the bugbear, studying her target. In a blur, she releases two quick arrows. If the bugbear falls, she saves the second shot.

Move, Hunt Prey, Flurry/Hunted Shot

Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 2 = 14 Volley penalty
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 2 = 4 Volley penalty
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Seeing those rolls, I don't imagine it matters what she does with the second shot.


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil moved forward to get a better view of the bugbear, then played a song, causing a glowing hand to pick up a nearby piece of wood and throw it at the bugbear.

Action 1: Move. Action 2/3: Cast a Spell - Telekinetic Projectile.

Telekinetic Projectile: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

We'll call the piece of wood bludgeoning damage.


Half-Elf Champion 2 | AC 19 (20 w/shield) | HP 30/30 | Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +6 | Perception +4, low-light vision | Focus Points 1/1 |Reactions: Glimpse of Redemption, Shield Block|

Omari moves up to the creature, casting his shield spell as he goes. "It is not too late to stand down. No one needs to be hurt here."


Action 1: Cast Shield
Action 2: Move
Action 3: Move
Reaction: If the hobgoblin attacks someone other than Omari, Glimpse of Redemption, if he attacks Omari, shield block.


.

GM Rolls:

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 4 = 8 Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 8 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 8 = 15 Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Raff is very fast, moving in on the bugbear and skewing her hard with the spear. She snarls, swiping out wildly at the monk but she does not quite down. Arrows and debris fly at the bugbear as well, but all of them miss. Finally Omari moves in defensively.

The bugbear brings an enormous bastard sword into play, blood pouring from the vicious wound inflicted by Raff. With a shout she lunges for Raff. However Omari throws out a hand as visions play before the bugbear. She quickly backs down from the attack.

ROund Two:

Raff
Lenna
Amaril
Omari
---
Bugbear (-17)
----
Varook

Everyone is up!


NG Female Ranger 2 | AC 19 | F 7 R 10 W 5 | hp 28/28 | Perc +7, low-light | Hero Points 0 | Effects:

Lenna puts a swarm of arrows in the air, trying to give the goblinoid something else to think about.

Hunted Shot plus two more with Flurry. No move.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 2 = 18 Volley penalty
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 - 2 = 18 Volley penalty
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 2 = 8 Volley penalty
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 2 = 14 Volley penalty
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Human Monk| HP 30/30| AC 19| Fo +9 Re +7 Wi +7| Percep +5| Move 25'| Hero Points 1/1 Focus 1/1

Raff maintains his distance as he continues to stab at the bugbear.

Longspear: reach
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Longspear: reach, map
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 5 = 18 Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Longspear: reach, map
To Hit: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 10 = 5 Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Half-Elf Bard 1 | AC 17 | HP 26/26 | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +6 | Perception +6, low-light vision | Focus Points 0/2 |
Spells:
1st - 3/3
| Reactions: counterperformance

Aramil begins playing a song to inspire his allies to victory before hurling another piece of debris at the bugbear.

Action 1: Inspire Courage (+1 Attack/+1 Damage/+1 vs fear); Action 2/3: Telekinetic Projectile.

Telekinetic Projectile, inspire: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
Bludgeoning Damage, inspire: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

251 to 300 of 696 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Taban and the age of ashes gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.