[Gameday VIII] GM PDK: The Hao Jin Cataclysm

Game Master Purple Dragon Knight

Maps and Slides

Aid Tokens


301 to 350 of 567 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Axebeak Animal Companion

Fairbeaks seems more concerned with the cavern than even Theo. The large bird's ancestors may once of knew how to fly, but he certainly did not... and moving, unstable, ground was not at all to the axebeak's liking!

He squawks loudly in irritation.

The bird doesn't coordinate at all, its entire focus on getting itself somewhere safe, as it leaps from one surface to the next, its stubby vestigial wings flapping furiously, as if he's trying to remember how his ancestors once did it.

He's not helping, every bird for itself!
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 4 = 32

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
intelligence check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Nyloth follows the other pathfinders around, attempting to help them in their various fields of expertise. Helping the chicken, that was a little strange.

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Adv. Distr. 1 rd, Permanent Deathwatch 30ft, False Life 7hrs, Heroism 70 minutes, Fly Potion <5 minutes, Haste 6 rds remain | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 7/13) | AC/Tch/FF 25/14/22 26/15/22 28/15/24 | CMD (trip) 23 (26) 24 (27) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 +10/+11/+8 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 60, Fly 60 90 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 8/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 2/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Hamish attempts to aid Theo, pointing out a possible route. But the route dead-ends and his ears turn red from SHAME!!!

Perception Aid Theo's Handholds: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

_______________________________________________________________

He starts in earnest on crafting a makeshift scaffold, "Help would be great if you all have time! I don't really know exactly what I'm doing here!"

Knowledge: Dungeoneering Scaffold: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

_______________________________________________________________

Seeing the bird bolt off he says, "Screw it, ain't no bird out jumping me!" The bird definitely out jumps him.

Acrobatics Quick Route: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

_______________________________________________________________

He casts a quick cantrip and set of drums appear in front of him. Rythmically pounding on them, he attempts to keep the ratfolk working hard on the problem.

Perform: Percussion Encourage Ratfolk: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

_______________________________________________________________

Lastly, he see's Charlotte putting her full brain to work on figuring out the rotations, steam coming from her ears. "Maybe the pattern is actually inverse?" But thinking about it all just makes his brain hurt.

Int Check Aid Charlotte Pattern: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Scarab Sages

Active: Elf Occultist 8 / HP 59/59, CMD 23, Init +10, Perc +14 (+2 magic traps), AC 25/15/20, Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +9 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 5/5, 2d 5/5, 3d 3/3 / Implements: Transmutation 6/6, Evocation 8/8;

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Int.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Styfis tries his best to help or try to do the job by himself.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

Guess I should finish off the others
Find handholds: Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Construct scaffolds: Kn-aengineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Traverse path: Untrained acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Encourage: Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

The heroes manage to traverse most of the obstacles. Towards the end Theo struggles with a failing scaffolds, holding the whole thing upright with sheer dwarven determination, until Hamish and Charlotte come to his rescue and jury-rig a quick rope joint to fasten the two pieces of the broken wooden beam together. Mere seconds after they make it up the scaffold and into a side cave leading away from the sheer cave cliff, they hear the entire gigantic cavern collapse behind them, avoiding a grisly death!

Dust from the collapse engulf them, and for a few moments it is hard to breathe, until the dust finally settles.

Rurther down, the narrow passage opens into a cavern with a chasm and bridge at the center. Stating that it’s not far to go, the ratfolk nonetheless caution you all as the mountain’s erratic movements have shaken loose many dangerous creatures...

Styfis:
You briefly see some movement in the cave pond up north, but then the pond returns to its mirror-like, placid surface...

The raised cliffs in the south and northeast are 15 feet above the surrounding cavern floor. The chamber is rough natural stone with stalactite covered ceilings that are roughly 30 feet high from the ground level, making them roughly 15 feet high above the cliffs. The torches on the central bridge are normal torches.

Initiative by the PCs:

Hamish, Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Styfis, Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Nyloth, Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Charlotte, Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Rallas, Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Theo, Initiative, Underground, Mountains: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 18

Perception by the PCs:

Hamish, Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Styfis, Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Styfis, Perception Traps: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Nyloth, Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Charlotte, Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Rallas, Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Rallas, Perception Traps: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Theo, Perception, Stonecunning, Underground, Mountains: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 31

Initiative by the GM:

Things in the dark, Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Things in the dark, yessssss...: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 28
Things in the dark, oh... I just caught you lookin'... that's a paddlin'!!... muhahahahahah...: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24

Initiative (Bold may go!)
Rallas
Styfis
Theo

???
Charlotte
Nyloth
Hamish

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Rallas moves towards the bridge over the chasm.

Scarab Sages

Active: Elf Occultist 8 / HP 59/59, CMD 23, Init +10, Perc +14 (+2 magic traps), AC 25/15/20, Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +9 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 5/5, 2d 5/5, 3d 3/3 / Implements: Transmutation 6/6, Evocation 8/8;

Be careful! There is something over there in the pond up north.

The elf casts Light on Theo's belt.

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8 ( HP 84/84 | AC 29 (T13/FF27) | CMD 26 | Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs poison/spells | Speed 20' | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Stonecunning +14) | Favored Enemy (fey +4, human +2) | Buffs: Barkskin, Haste )
Fairbeaks Stats:
( HP 59/59 (7HD) | AC 25 (T13/FF21) | CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +9 (evasion), Will +2 | Speed 60' | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Buffs: longstrider (4 h), Barkskin, Haste)

I feel so used!

The dwarf scowls, at Styfis' warning, then stomps on after Rallas, club in hand and eyes peeled for trouble.

He barks a quick command to Fairbeaks as he goes, and tells the ratfolk to stay back until they can figure out if there's a problem.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 4 + 2 = 22


Axebeak Animal Companion

Fairbeaks, still covered in rock dust, squawks in annoyance, as his preening is interrupted, but quickly darts after Theo...

Though for the tall bird, that is little more than a few steps.

Heh... the bird is 3x faster than me! =) Single move, in defense mode if anything attacks!


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Theo: please state the bird's command using ooc tags, using Handle Animal as appropriate. I'll allow total defense as a natural, untrained option for the bird if you use the defend, guard or stay commands...


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Round Mountain begins to roll forward again... the entire cavern begin to shake with a low rumble; dust, debris and the occasional fist-sized boulder detach from the ceiling... some landing dangerously close to you...

No longer needing any more convincing from Theo, the ratfolk now scramble to various corners of the cave to brace themselves and take cover!

Initiative (Bold may go!)
Rallas
Styfis
Theo
???
Charlotte
Nyloth
Hamish

???

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

Assuming Charlotte and Hamish move forward a little bit so everyone is in range, Nyloth casts haste on the entire party. If they don't move into range, he catches everyone but them in the haste. "I'm not sure what's going to happen, but a little extra speed might make all the difference here."


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Nyloth I'm going to assume you tell the others that you wish them to move next to each other near Theo so that you can haste them. It's a free action to speak, so you're essentially delaying after Charlotte and Hamish, then you'll move next to them and cast haste. Correct?

NOTE for Charlotte: you're technically in an area of natural darkness now since I believe you do not have either low-light or darkvision. However I will rule that it is relatively easy for you to 'walk towards the light' and not suffer the 1/2 move penalty if you go in the party's direction.

Vision and Light:
[...]In areas of darkness, creatures without darkvision are effectively blinded. In addition to the obvious effects, a blinded creature has a 50% miss chance in combat (all opponents have total concealment), loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, takes a –2 penalty to AC, and takes a –4 penalty on Perception checks that rely on sight and most Strength– and Dexterity-based skill checks. Areas of darkness include an unlit dungeon chamber, most caverns, and outside on a cloudy, moonless night.[...]

Blinded:
[...]Blind creatures must make a DC 10 Acrobatics skill check to move faster than half speed. Creatures that fail this check fall prone.[...]

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

Yep, sounds good!

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Adv. Distr. 1 rd, Permanent Deathwatch 30ft, False Life 7hrs, Heroism 70 minutes, Fly Potion <5 minutes, Haste 6 rds remain | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 7/13) | AC/Tch/FF 25/14/22 26/15/22 28/15/24 | CMD (trip) 23 (26) 24 (27) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 +10/+11/+8 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 60, Fly 60 90 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 8/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 2/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Hamish will cast light on his shield and move up as requested.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Charlotte can see again, thanks to Hamish's light spell!

Charlotte you are currently in a zone of dim light: 20% miss chance on attack rolls but you also gain concealment against attacks from those who cannot see in the dark.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Initiative (Bold may go!)
Rallas
Styfis
Theo
???
Hamish
Charlotte
Nyloth [move + haste on everyone]
???

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

Sorry, tried to log on earlier today and the website was broken for some reason!
Charlotte will pull out her FLYING BROOM from her handy Haversack as a move action and activate it as a standard, sitting atop it and trying to orient herself to gravity as opposed to the shaking of the mountain. She floats five feet further towards the light.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

GM rolls:
1d6 ⇒ 5

Charlotte seems to fuss around her backpack in the dark, and in the end finally ends up moving a few steps towards her companions... alas it is not far enough to enter Nyloth's speed enchantment. The ratfolk hang on for dear life as the whole cavern begin to tilt unmistakenly towards the left... then slopes down towards the north. Charlotte hovers a foot or two above the stony ground, the rock cliff to her left dangerously close to hitting her in the back on the cavern's second lurch...

Initiative (Bold may go!)
Rallas [HASTE]
Styfis [HASTE]
Theo [HASTE]

???
Hamish [HASTE]
Charlotte
Nyloth [HASTE]
???

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Rallas uses his wand to shield himself from damage, then moves forward to face the threat.

umd: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

current AC now 28

Scarab Sages

Active: Elf Occultist 8 / HP 59/59, CMD 23, Init +10, Perc +14 (+2 magic traps), AC 25/15/20, Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +9 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 5/5, 2d 5/5, 3d 3/3 / Implements: Transmutation 6/6, Evocation 8/8;

The archer casts Gravity bow and moves forward.


***whrr-tschzz-tschzz-tschzz-chk***
~~BOTTING THEO AND FAIRBEAKS~~
(The duo double moves, the bird waiting for the slow dwarf to cath up)


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Out of the pond crawl two horrors. The lobster-like creatures have a thick armored shell. A pair of tiny eyes gleams above a mouth full of writhing tentacles. One of them is quick enough to attempt an attack on Fairbeaks!

claw vs. FF AC: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
dmg: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 = 10
Grab: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
constrict dmg: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 2) + 7 = 15

Initiative (Bold may go!)
Rallas [HASTE]
Styfis [HASTE]
Theo [HASTE]
Fairbeaks -25 [HASTE, GRAPPLED]
ROCK LOBSTERS!!! {RED GRAPPLED}
Hamish [HASTE]
Charlotte
Nyloth [HASTE]

???

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

Nyloth rushes over to the blue crab monster, a spiritual image of a male human lagging behind him. Once there, both of them throw a strong punch at the creature.

punch, haste: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 1 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Adv. Distr. 1 rd, Permanent Deathwatch 30ft, False Life 7hrs, Heroism 70 minutes, Fly Potion <5 minutes, Haste 6 rds remain | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 7/13) | AC/Tch/FF 25/14/22 26/15/22 28/15/24 | CMD (trip) 23 (26) 24 (27) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 +10/+11/+8 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 60, Fly 60 90 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 8/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 2/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

The half-elf moves up while drawing his flail and attempts to inspire his allies, "I heard a song about these creatures once, but it wasn't about how ugly they were!"

Move while drawing weapon, Standard to begin Inspire Courage (verbal), +2 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +2 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls, 11 rounds remain.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

What's the Knoledge check to identify these?
If Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35
If Knowledge (anything but Arcana or local): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Charlotte double moves flies forward and gets ready to cast Freedom of movement next round,

"I can prevent people from being grabbed, but only one at a time!


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Nyloth's punch does not pierce the creature's shell. Hamish uses his powers of inspiration. Charlotte maneuvers the cave atop her broomstick, having no clue what the creatures are as she gets near them!

GM rolls:
1d6 ⇒ 3

The cavern's erratic movement continues. Whereas the bridge was sloping down a moment ago, the heroes now find themselves fighting an uphill battle! one of the giant lobster creatures has Fairbeaks firmly in his claw and gets ready to feed, now bringing the bird towards a tangled mass of tentacles and mandibles...

PARTY BUFF: INSPIRE COURAGE +2
Initiative (Bold may go!)
Rallas [HASTE]
Styfis [HASTE]
Theo [HASTE]
Fairbeaks -25 [HASTE, GRAPPLED]

ROCK LOBSTERS!!! {RED GRAPPLED}
Hamish [HASTE]
Charlotte
Nyloth [HASTE]
???

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8 ( HP 84/84 | AC 29 (T13/FF27) | CMD 26 | Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs poison/spells | Speed 20' | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Stonecunning +14) | Favored Enemy (fey +4, human +2) | Buffs: Barkskin, Haste )
Fairbeaks Stats:
( HP 59/59 (7HD) | AC 25 (T13/FF21) | CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +9 (evasion), Will +2 | Speed 60' | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Buffs: longstrider (4 h), Barkskin, Haste)

did we learn anything on the knowlege check from Chalotte?

Knowledge (dungeon/local/nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Rallas darts in to try to free up Fairbeaks. He brings his weapon down with a grunt of exertion.

attack: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 + 1 = 311d10 + 8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 6 + 2 = 26using power attack...+1 to hit from haste, +2 to hit and damage from the bard...no minus to hit from Power attack...furious focus...

edit...weapon is adamantine..


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)
Theo Rosevale wrote:

did we learn anything on the knowlege check from Chalotte?

[dice=Knowledge (dungeon/local/nature)]1d20+3

As I wrote in my previous post: no.

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8 ( HP 84/84 | AC 29 (T13/FF27) | CMD 26 | Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs poison/spells | Speed 20' | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Stonecunning +14) | Favored Enemy (fey +4, human +2) | Buffs: Barkskin, Haste )
Fairbeaks Stats:
( HP 59/59 (7HD) | AC 25 (T13/FF21) | CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +9 (evasion), Will +2 | Speed 60' | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Buffs: longstrider (4 h), Barkskin, Haste)

huh... So you did! Hey, limited comuter time here... I apperently was skimming

As the strange lobster ting grabs Fairbeaks, it drags him right past Theo, who suddenly finds himself unable to reach his friend's attacker. Instead, he attempts to wail on the other, before it can grab someone else.

primary, haste, PA, bard: 1d10 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 22, for 1d10 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 2 = 28 damage.
secondary, haste, PA, bard: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 18, for 1d10 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 2 = 21 damage.
hasted, haste, PA, bard: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 28, for 1d10 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 2 = 22 damage.


Axebeak Animal Companion

Fairbeaks squwaks in a combinatioon of surprise, alarm, and anger, as he is grabbed and dragged forward.

He instinctively starts lashing out at the creature holding him!

bite, haste, PA, bard: 1d10 + 8 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 17, for 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (2, 4) + 14 = 20 damage.

bite, haste, PA, bard: 1d10 + 8 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 17, for 2d6 + 14 ⇒ (5, 3) + 14 = 22 damage.

But is far too aggitated to aim right.

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

Did I "miss" or "hit damage reduction"? Just curious, nothing I can do about it until my next turn.

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Adv. Distr. 1 rd, Permanent Deathwatch 30ft, False Life 7hrs, Heroism 70 minutes, Fly Potion <5 minutes, Haste 6 rds remain | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 7/13) | AC/Tch/FF 25/14/22 26/15/22 28/15/24 | CMD (trip) 23 (26) 24 (27) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 +10/+11/+8 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 60, Fly 60 90 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 8/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 2/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Whoops, completely missed we had an ally grappled.

Hamish sees the bird being pulled in towards the lobstah and yells, "FREEDOM!"

Immediate Action cast Liberating Command on Fairbeaks. Immediate Action for Fairbeaks to attempt an Escape Artist check with an extra +14 to the roll.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Fairbeaks Escape Artist, Grappled, Liberating Command: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 2 + 14 = 26

Unfortunately, Fairbeaks is unable to break the lobstah's iron-strong grip!

Styfis is up

Status update will be included in next post

Scarab Sages

Active: Elf Occultist 8 / HP 59/59, CMD 23, Init +10, Perc +14 (+2 magic traps), AC 25/15/20, Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +9 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 5/5, 2d 5/5, 3d 3/3 / Implements: Transmutation 6/6, Evocation 8/8;

The archer fires a rain of arrows on the blue one.

Arrow 1: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 31

Damage 1: 2d6 + 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 8 + 2 - 1 = 18

Arrow 2: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 30

Damage 2: 2d6 + 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 + 2 - 1 = 13

Arrow 3: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 17

Damage 3: 2d6 + 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 8 + 2 - 1 = 14

Arrow 4: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 24

Damage 4: 2d6 + 8 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (4, 6) + 8 + 2 - 1 = 19


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Rallas takes a huge slice out of Red Lobster, while Theo cracks Blue Lobster's shell in two major locations! Fairbeaks thrashes in Red Lobster's claw, unable to reach the watery creature with his beak. Hamish's liberation magic gives the animal brief hope, but alas Red Lobster is too buttery and garlicky. Styfis pincushions Blue Lobster with arrows, showing off like a typical elf archer. Blue Lobster slumps to the cave floor, not moving... except for the mandibles and tentacles... those are still slithering like they have a life of their own... it's kinda gross.

Red Lobster seems to ignore his Blues Brother's plight, and shoves Fairbeaks into his mouth!
Fairbeaks Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Mandibles mandibles mandibles!: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 dmg

Seemingly happy with his current chicken dinner and perhaps uncaring of Rallas' attention, the Red Lobster retreats back to his pond and sinks beneath the pitch black waters with a panicked Fairbeaks not enjoying the sudden detour! Rallas you may make an AoO on the departing Red Lobster

PARTY BUFF: INSPIRE COURAGE +2
Initiative (Bold may go!)
Rallas [HASTE]
Styfis [HASTE]
Theo [HASTE]
Fairbeaks -34 [HASTE, GRAPPLED, UNDERWATER RULES APPLY, ROUNDS HOLDING BREATH: 1]
ROCK LOBSTERS!!! [Red -26 (Grappled), Blue -100 (Dying)]
Rallas [HASTE, AoO Only]
Hamish [HASTE]
Charlotte
Nyloth [HASTE]

???

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

AoO: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 + 1 = 231d10 + 8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 6 + 2 = 22


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Rallas takes another slice off the lobstah, but not enough to kill it!

The Red Lobster retreats back to his pond and sinks beneath the pitch black waters with a panicked Fairbeaks not enjoying the sudden detour!

Hamish, Charlotte, Nyloth: you're up!

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Adv. Distr. 1 rd, Permanent Deathwatch 30ft, False Life 7hrs, Heroism 70 minutes, Fly Potion <5 minutes, Haste 6 rds remain | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 7/13) | AC/Tch/FF 25/14/22 26/15/22 28/15/24 | CMD (trip) 23 (26) 24 (27) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 +10/+11/+8 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 60, Fly 60 90 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 8/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 2/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Hamish rushes forwards as he yells, "We got one down, get in there and finish off the other!" Stopping at the edge of the water he pulls out a potion.

Move up to edge of water (move), Continue Inspire Courage (free), 10 rounds left, Draw Potion of Touch of the Sea (move).

If Hamish can see Fairbeaks from the edge:
He will cast Liberating Command again to give the bird another shot at escaping. I *think* that it would work normally on a target underwater, but if not let me know.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

Question: can I touch fairbeaks if I move up? This will affect my actions.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Fairbeaks is underwater. @Charlotte: You will need a swim check to find it. @Hamish: the water is murky and now moving violently with the bird's thrashing- you cannot see anything if your head is outside of the water. NOTE: treat as rough water Swim DC 15 and both Fairbeaks and Red Lobster have Total Cover against surface dwellers (i.e. no line of effect making attacks and spells impossible)

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Adv. Distr. 1 rd, Permanent Deathwatch 30ft, False Life 7hrs, Heroism 70 minutes, Fly Potion <5 minutes, Haste 6 rds remain | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 7/13) | AC/Tch/FF 25/14/22 26/15/22 28/15/24 | CMD (trip) 23 (26) 24 (27) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 +10/+11/+8 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 60, Fly 60 90 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 8/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 2/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Makes sense, then the spoiler-ed action can not go off.

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8 ( HP 84/84 | AC 29 (T13/FF27) | CMD 26 | Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs poison/spells | Speed 20' | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Stonecunning +14) | Favored Enemy (fey +4, human +2) | Buffs: Barkskin, Haste )
Fairbeaks Stats:
( HP 59/59 (7HD) | AC 25 (T13/FF21) | CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +9 (evasion), Will +2 | Speed 60' | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Buffs: longstrider (4 h), Barkskin, Haste)

one doesnt take the -2 for attempts to escape a grapple... Though I doubt 2 points makes a diff


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

One doesn't take the -2 to CMB attempts to break the grapple, but one does take -2 to Escape Artist for having a -4 dex penalty


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Hamish races to the edge of the water thanks to his haste enchantment and pulls a potion from his belt, all the while singing his lobster song.

Charlotte, Nyloth: you're up!

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

Nyloth is never going to get a full attack is he? lol, +12/12/12/7 with the first attack ignoring DR. Makes me wish I had some of my other medium abilities instead.

Nyloth moves closer to the water and also casts liberating command on Fairbeaks, now that he has another immediate action.

Try and make another escape artist check with a +14 bonus from me.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)
GM PDK wrote:
Fairbeaks is underwater. @Charlotte: You will need a swim check to find it. @Hamish: the water is murky and now moving violently with the bird's thrashing- you cannot see anything if your head is outside of the water. NOTE: treat as rough water Swim DC 15 and both Fairbeaks and Red Lobster have Total Cover against surface dwellers (i.e. no line of effect making attacks and spells impossible)

Nyloth's spell fails. Foiled by the churning water and lack of visibility the magic cannot take hold within the large bird.

Charlotte is up

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

Charlotte Rolls her eyes, casts freedom of movement (holding the charge in her hand) and flies up, falling off her broom and dunking herself into the water where she last saw Fairbeaks

swim check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Unable to maneuver in the water she touches herself with the spell (as it is still her turn, so she can still deliver it as a free action) making it so that she need not make any checks in the water.

301 to 350 of 567 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII] GM PDK: The Hao Jin Cataclysm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.