[Gameday VIII] GM PDK: The Hao Jin Cataclysm (Inactive)

Game Master Purple Dragon Knight

Maps and Slides

Aid Tokens


501 to 550 of 569 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Permanent Deathwatch 30ft | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 0/0) | AC/Tch/FF 26/14/23 | CMD (trip) 23 (25) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 16/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Hamish slams back the potion and rockets up and over the fog, drawing his bow as he does and continuing his inspirational motivation. "From up here, they look pretty weak!"

Standard to drink potion of Fly, Flying Move upwards at a 45 degree angle over the battlefield while drawing bow, moving 30 feet. Flight check doesn't appear necessary for this basic maneuver. Keep IC up as a Free, 12 rounds remain.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

To the depths with this....I'm going in....if I fall, remember to use that scroll. the elf says, tapping himself with his wand and heading in to the fog carefully

umd clw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 151d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7if i wind up smoked, the scroll if breath of life...

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8

Hmm.. forgot the token gives flanking too... so add 2 to Fairbeak's second attack. (Theo is already flanking)


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

Theo's first attack (not using Allied Offensive) smokes the giant --> move action remains for Theo

As Fairbeaks sinks his fair beak into the giant female, a score of Pathfinder allies run by, adding their blows into the mix! Boosted Allied Offensive Used; and Fairbeaks does not have miss chance btw as his head is sticking out of the fog (same as giantess)

Initiative (Bold may go!)
GIANTS!! [g1 X_X, g2 -83]
Theo [20% miss chance, move action available]
Fairbeaks
Hamish
Rallas -30
Nyloth [20% miss chance]
Styfis
Charlotte

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8

Fog clouds are 20' tall, aren't they? Well over the bird's head!

Theo attempts to move around into a flanking position with where he sees Fairbeaks, as he passes by his tail end.

have 40' of movement, trying to get into flanking... think I fall just short. Survival if needed: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Did Fairbeak's second bite hit, with the flanking bonus from the token?


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

you need to go upthread and check the link I gave Styfis... fog clouds are not 20' tall everywhere. ttyl

Scarab Sages

Active: Elf Occultist 8 / HP 59/59, CMD 23, Init +10, Perc +14 (+2 magic traps), AC 25/15/20, Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +9 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 5/5, 2d 5/5, 3d 3/3 / Implements: Transmutation 6/6, Evocation 8/8;

The archer continues to unleash his arrows on the giants.

Arrow 1: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 2 = 23

Damage 1: 2d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 9 + 2 = 21

Arrow 2: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 2 = 19

Damage 2: 2d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 + 2 = 17

Arrow 3: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 = 23

Damage 3: 2d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 + 2 = 19

With Seeker on the bow.

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

Nyloth wanders around the fog once again, looking for the other giant.

unarmed strike if I find it: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Grand Lodge

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Aram Zey speaks out through the tapestry. “The assault from the Astral Plane has been turned aside! But the tapestry remains in danger. Fight on!”

GMs, the Astral Invaders Retreat condition on page 29 is in effect.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

Charlotte rolls her eyes. "Oh, this is Ridiculous!" As a move action she once again retrieves her broom from her backpack and mounts it, then flies 20 feet straight up, hoping to catch a glimpse of what is going on in the clouds.

Swift action, still maintaining the SECOND level illusion that ninjas are running around, Will save DC 18 if the Giants try to interact with them to tell if they are real. They may little naruto running whooshes as they go.

Grand Lodge

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT** (1 of 2)

Aram Zey speaks out through the tapestry. “The soul stitching is slowing down! The undead are under control. But the tapestry remains in danger. Fight on!”

GMs, the Undead Contained condition on page 29 is in effect.

Grand Lodge

|| Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT** (2 of 2)

Suddenly, it becomes clear that the astral invaders’ retreat is merely a ploy. More invaders pour through the rifts to reinforce their companions. Their reckless assault tears the holes wider, and the entire demiplane begins to shift and fold. Locations fade and vanish, reappearing miles away, now separated by a wide expanse of barren, rocky wasteland. The invaders continue to pour through, and the tapestry’s exhausted repair mechanisms cease to function altogether. The triumphant attackers converge on the Pathfinders scattered across the wasteland.

Then, the sky turns red.

A primal screech pierces the tapestry, and a colossal ruby-flamed phoenix appears in the sky, its wings nearly blocking the sun. It swoops across the sky at tremendous speed, its tattered feathers leaving a trail of smoke. With another screech, it flaps its massive wings, and countless fiery feathers shoot towards the invaders. As the feathers strike, they explode, incinerating much of the invading force. Then the phoenix turns its attention to the other outsiders—the mass of Pathfinders—and beats its wings once more. A barrage of feathers strikes the wasteland, and from each resulting inferno emerges a bird of pure ruby-red flames.

Aram Zey’s voice echoes. “Can you hear me, Pathfinders? The tapestry is in its death throes! You are cut off—I cannot help you escape. Destroy the phoenixes—perhaps their magic can repair the tapestry!”

Table GMs, the Tapestry’s Last Defense condition on page 29 is in effect.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

I finally caught up trying to sort out this encounter, but I should have started backwards. With Tapestry's Last Defense, this encounter evaporates... and you have 2 rounds to recover before...

Let me know your two rounds, or if you have nothing just note that too. I will setup the next encounter while you post.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Rallas will use his wand to heal his wounds...and get soneone to use his other to top him off...

umd clw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 271d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
umd clw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 131d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

All around, flaming feathers barrage the tapestry. The scattered demiplane natives are unharmed by the inferno, as is the landscape itself. Screeches echo across the ruby-tinted landscape, and the tattered birds of ruby fire close in.

Initiative by the PCs:

Hamish, Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Styfis, Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Nyloth, Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Charlotte, Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Rallas, Initiative: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Theo, Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 (+2 underground, +4 in mountains)
Ruby Phoenix: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

A bird made of ruby flames soars through the air, smoke trailing in its wake.

Scarab Sages

Active: Elf Occultist 8 / HP 59/59, CMD 23, Init +10, Perc +14 (+2 magic traps), AC 25/15/20, Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +9 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 5/5, 2d 5/5, 3d 3/3 / Implements: Transmutation 6/6, Evocation 8/8;

Remains: Mind over gravity for 6 rounds, Weapon legacy (+1 and Seek) for 5 rounds and gravity bow for more than 7 min.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

I am having some problems with the board - posted this second half of message 3 times now! Let's try this again:

The smaller, but still quite large bird made of ruby flames soars through the air, smoke trailing in its wake.

Round 1: (bold may go)
Rallas
Ruby Phoenix (20’ in air)
Theo
Hamish
Styfis (Mind over gravity for 6 rounds, Weapon legacy (+1 and Seek) for 5 rounds and gravity bow for more than 7 min.)
Nyloth
Charlotte

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Permanent Deathwatch 30ft | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 0/0) | AC/Tch/FF 26/14/23 | CMD (trip) 23 (25) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 16/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

If continuing directly from where we were in the last fight, Inspire Courage would be lingering for two rounds and Hamish would have his Fly Potion buff still up (for another 4.5 minutes). If not, let me know so I can manage his actions.


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

If ALL players wishes to fight a greater threat, the scenario has a built-in modification I can implement. Yes, this will have a consequence/effect in the module... Q: is there anyone who does NOT wish a greater threat for this encounter? (I will wait for 12 hours)

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Permanent Deathwatch 30ft | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 0/0) | AC/Tch/FF 26/14/23 | CMD (trip) 23 (25) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 16/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Okay, small correction, I re-read stuff and I see that we had two rounds of downtime. Inspire Courage will have lapsed so it is not yet up going into the next encounter. Hamish still has fly from the potion though. He uses his wand to help heal up Syfis for one of his two rounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 healing (34 charges remain) and then casts Heroism on himself for the other of his two rounds (2 lvl 2 spells remain). Lastly, Hamish will support doing hardmode but strongly suggests we actually use up some of our massive amount of accumulated buffs found below.

Allied Offensive (Boost one attack by 2d8 and make enemy FF to other allies for one round)
Slave Mountain Secured (21 Temp HP for all PC's for an encounter)
Round Mountain Secured (Land Speed +10 for an encounter)
Timely Inspiration (Inspire Courage for 3 rounds, +2 benefit)
Temple Secured (Instantly heal all of fatigued, shaken, sickened, dazed, and staggered conditions)
Burst of Healing (Heal all PC's for 3d6)

I vote we use the Slave Mountain Secured for Temp HP, Round Mountain Secured for Land Speed Boost and the Timely Inspiration for three rounds of Inspire Courage.

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

I second those buffs if we are being told this is hard mode.


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

I will wait for another two hours and proceed with Hard mode.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Can i assume someone healed me twice during the 2 rounds? im a bit short...21 hp to be precise after i used my wand....

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Permanent Deathwatch 30ft | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 0/0) | AC/Tch/FF 26/14/23 | CMD (trip) 23 (25) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 16/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Hamish got you 6 HP back, but only had one action he could burn on healing you.


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

@Rallas & Charlotte: I will assume here that Charlotte handles Rallas in preparation for the upcoming battle, i.e. botting Charlotte: Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 6, 5) + 8 = 23


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

Hard mode begins!

Round 1: (bold may go)
Rallas
Ruby Phoenix
Theo
Hamish
Styfis (Mind over gravity for 6 rounds, Weapon legacy (+1 and Seek) for 5 rounds and gravity bow for more than 7 min.)
Nyloth
Charlotte


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

Correction: Regular mode begins!

Round 1: (bold may go)
Rallas
Ruby Phoenix
Theo
Hamish
Styfis (Mind over gravity for 6 rounds, Weapon legacy (+1 and Seek) for 5 rounds and gravity bow for more than 7 min.)
Nyloth
Charlotte

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

just clarifying..is the phoenix still in the air?


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

No, it's on the ground... it just sprang into existence after some fire hit the ground...


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

@Rallas: I'm botting/delaying you in 30 min as we need to get this moving -- last chance

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

ahh my post got eaten

Rallas grabs a flask from his bandolier and downs it. He turns to the others as he vanishes from sight.

I'll get around him and hit from behind or the side. If I fall, remember my scroll...

drinking my invisibility potion and moving to the left...


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

The Ruby Phoenix's eyes do not leave Rallas, despite the invisibility, and the huge bird steps towards upon the elf, invoking a 20-foot high, opaque wall of fire directly upon him!

fire dmg Rallas: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 3) + 10 = 17
fire dmg Theo, Hamish: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
fire dmg Styfis, Nyloth, Charlotte: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Round 1: (bold may go)
Rallas -17
Ruby Phoenix
Theo -6
Hamish -6
Styfis -4 (Mind over gravity for 6 rounds, Weapon legacy (+1 and Seek) for 5 rounds and gravity bow for more than 7 min.)
Nyloth -4
Charlotte -4

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

Charlotte takes a five foot step back and casts Haste on everyone she can see (everyone but Rallas). She also spends six phrenic points to give everyone a affected by haste a +2 morale bonus to ALL will saves (these each last for 8 rounds)

Scarab Sages

Active: Elf Occultist 8 / HP 59/59, CMD 23, Init +10, Perc +14 (+2 magic traps), AC 25/15/20, Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +9 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 5/5, 2d 5/5, 3d 3/3 / Implements: Transmutation 6/6, Evocation 8/8;

The archer flies in a new position and unleashes an arrow.

I take for granted that I see the bird from my new position. Say if not.

Arrow: 1d20 + 18 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 18 + 2 + 1 = 28

Damage: 2d6 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 6) + 8 + 2 = 21 +1 if demon

Knowledge planes to know what it is: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

ouch...no reflex save?

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

Wall of fire. No save @Rallas.

Nyloth steps forward and copies his spirits attack patterns to deliver devastating blows to the bird creature.

unarmed strike, shattering punch (ignores DR): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
spirit surge if this attack misses, add: 1d8 ⇒ 3 to the attack roll.
damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

unarmed strike: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

unarmed strike: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

unarmed strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
damage: 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

figured it wouldn't hurt to ask....might be special rules ....can always hope, right?

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8

As an aside, wall of fire is not 5' thick. It has no distinct width... so a 5' step would take you from one side to the other, through it.

Theo scowls, pulling out, and drinking, his potion of fly, then trying to get airborn, somewhat awkwardly.

He calls a command to Fairbeaks, who eyes him oddly.


Axebeak Animal Companion

Fairbeaks, takes off at a lope, aiming for the raised area to the right.

Acrobatics (jump) w/ haste: 1d20 + 15 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 12 = 29

Easily clearing the short ledge, and working his way around the fiery wall.

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Permanent Deathwatch 30ft | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 0/0) | AC/Tch/FF 26/14/23 | CMD (trip) 23 (25) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 16/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 4/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Hamish immediately turns and lifts off into the air, taking a slow banking turn as he gains altitude and re-orients himself back towards the fight. "IT MAY BURN US, BUT WE WILL EXTINGUISH THE THREAT!"

Move back and up, looping around. Standard to Inspire Courage since we aren't using up those boons for standard mode, 8 rounds remain. IC grants +2 hit/damage, but the fear/charm bonus doesn't stack with Charlotte's buff.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Axebeak Animal Companion

Ok, changing the bird's action, now that the true height becomes clear!

Fairbeaks, sees Theo rising into the air, and his dark beady eyes scan the surrounding cliffs... as if pondering some long lost memory of flight.

With a agitated squawk, he races off to the right, back where the cliff is starting to erode, leaving rubble and rocks to help with the ascent.

He uses his powerful beak, almost like an extra appendage, as his talons scrabble at the rocks, and he grabs hold of higher ground with his beak, pulling himself up as he goes!

Climb, accelerated: 1d20 + 5 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 5 = 18

The strange technique makes quick work of the decaying slope, and he easily makes the top, and starts towards the fire once more.

50' of movement to the cliff, then 80' to get up, with 30' to spare to move a bit at the top!


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

Charlotte quickens everyone, fortifying their minds in the process. Nyloth runs through the fire fire dmg: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 2) + 10 = 16 and the huge creature pecks at him like a chicken plucking a worm!

bite: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37--CONFIRM CRIT: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28--bite dmg incl. crit and extra fire: 5d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 2, 5) + 12 = 27

Upon getting hit, Nyloth feels a strange force tugging at his essence to return him to the Grand Lodge:
Will Save, Charlotte's bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24 If you voluntarily fails the Will save, you are banished/returned to the Grand Lodge; if you decide to pass this Will save, you remain near the bird with 4 hp remaining. The following assumes that you wish to remain.

Quite battered, Nyloth nevertheless tries (unsuccessfully) to punch the bird but soon discovers that it's quite hot near it, suffering additional damage from the flames fire dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1 surrounding the creature!

Theo and Hamish both drink a potion and take to the air, flying in formation and both reaching an altitude of 45 ft., thus just able to clear the cliff face! Fairbeaks won't be outdone, following his master up the hill with beak and claw power!

Styfis takes to the air with his magicks and spots the huge winged creature. Unable to remember anything about it in his studies, he aims for it and lands an arrow into the majestic creature, but much of it burns upon entering its vicinity. DR 10 Still, the increased density of the feathery shaft is enough to draw the creature's attention...

Round 1: (bold may go)
Rallas -17
Ruby Phoenix -11
Theo -6
Hamish -6
Styfis -4 (Mind over gravity for 6 rounds, Weapon legacy (+1 and Seek) for 5 rounds and gravity bow for more than 7 min.)
Nyloth -48
Charlotte -4


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

Nyloth backs away from the Wall of Fire

Round 1: (bold may go)
Rallas -17
Ruby Phoenix -11
Theo -6
Hamish -6
Styfis -4 (Mind over gravity for 6 rounds, Weapon legacy (+1 and Seek) for 5 rounds and gravity bow for more than 7 min.)
Nyloth -4
Charlotte -4


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

Rallas you're up! some tables have killed two birds already folks... Rallas you're in a delicate position so I don't want to bot you, but please post your actions ASAP. Thanks!

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

dang...another eaten post....Rallas retreats a bit, and activates his healing wand.

umd clw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 231d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2czn you move me back to the base of the wall beside Theo...on phone


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

Rallas retreats away from the heat and activate the wand he is holding in his left hand.

The huge Ruby Phoenix takes off like a rocket vertically, it's fire-powered ballistic trajectory taking it directly towards Styfis!
Ruby Phoenix Fly check, angle greater than 45deg: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22
bite, charge: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 17 + 2 = 28
p/b/s dmg: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 6 = 15
fire dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Upon getting hit, Styfis feels a strange force tugging at his essence to return him to the Grand Lodge:
Will Save, Charlotte's bonus: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19 --> However Styfis' essence resist the strange cosmic pull, and his body and soul remain within the Tapestry!
The fire rages around the Ruby Phoenix, licking hungrily at Styfis' face!
Reflex, haste: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 = 27 --> Styfis ducks and manages to avoid additional burns!

[color=blue]Party Buffs: haste, inspire courage +2[/color]
Round 1: (party may go)
Ruby Phoenix -11
Theo -6
Hamish -6
Styfis -22 (Mind over gravity for 5 rounds, Weapon legacy (+1 and Seek) for 4 rounds and gravity bow for more than 7 min.)
Nyloth -4
Charlotte -4
---------
Rallas -15

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

Charlotte will fire off some magic missiles at the phoenix

Magic Missile: 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 2) + 4 = 12


The Rasping Rebirth (Maps & Slides)

GM Rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 9

Charlotte's magic missiles appear to evaporate out of existence as they get closer to the phoenix. The phoenix turns its huge head towards Charlotte, spotting her for the first time. It screeches in anger at the psychic, the sound reverberating in the valley below for miles!

[color=blue]Party Buffs: haste, inspire courage +2[/color]
Round 1: (bold may go)
Ruby Phoenix -11
Charlotte -4
Theo -6
Hamish -6
Styfis -22 (Mind over gravity for 5 rounds, Weapon legacy (+1 and Seek) for 4 rounds and gravity bow for more than 7 min.)
Nyloth -4
---------
Rallas -15

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8

Hmm.. just noticed where Theo is... last round, I had to spend a move to draw the potion, and a standard to drink it... ended my turn still in the 1d4 heat area.
Put him where I should have been, if that's ok?

With nothing even close to resembling gracefulness, Theo tries to fly up to the top of the cliff to aid Styfis.

Fly: 1d20 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 5 = 20

And manages to reach it, barely. You're not sure, but you think he might have been making paddling motions with his tetsubo at one point, in the attempt.

Hrmm.. 35' to the top of the cliff, another 10' to get to the height of the phoenix, costing double for moving steeply, so 90' of steep movement to the top. Then another 20' of normal movement to close with said phoenix. Aka: Double move, provoking on the way there.


Axebeak Animal Companion

Fairbeaks, for his part, gives a long aggrieved shriek, as his dwarf goes the other way, after he worked so hard to get up this side!

501 to 550 of 569 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII] GM PDK: The Hao Jin Cataclysm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.