[Gameday VIII] GM PDK: The Hao Jin Cataclysm

Game Master Purple Dragon Knight

Maps and Slides

Aid Tokens


1 to 50 of 567 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

This is the gameplay thread where all the action will be taking place.

Please dot/delete below.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

dot


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Only looks of worry fill the faces of those here gathered at the Lodge. Like many others, you were called here to duty by the Master of Spells, Aram Zey, but your mission is still unclear. Rumours whisper around the halls that this has to do with a tapestry? or a demiplane?

Please begin your introductions! This multitable special will be a pretty quickly paced one so we want to be able to start off with a bang immediately! Please note that the FIRST week of the game I will be away, but fear not! the powers that be have assigned a backup GM for that week. Go on and roleplay at will!

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Adv. Distr. 1 rd, Permanent Deathwatch 30ft, False Life 7hrs, Heroism 70 minutes, Fly Potion <5 minutes, Haste 6 rds remain | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 7/13) | AC/Tch/FF 25/14/22 26/15/22 28/15/24 | CMD (trip) 23 (26) 24 (27) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 +10/+11/+8 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 60, Fly 60 90 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 8/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 2/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Hamish is a rather stern looking muscular half elf. His clothing is simple, with a black cloak and dark britches covering most of his body. His chest is clad in a bright silver breastplate that contrasts with the dull wrought iron Symbol of Pharasma hanging from his neck. Slung over his shoulders is a tightly packed backpack with a set of small war drums hanging below them. Clipped to his belt on one side is a black whip and the other side has a dangerous looking flail.

He looks around at those sitting next to him as they wait, "My name is Hamish. If we end up working together I'll do my best to keep you all from receiving your final judgement, but if you do I'll make sure to send you on the way properly."

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8 ( HP 84/84 | AC 29 (T13/FF27) | CMD 26 | Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs poison/spells | Speed 20' | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Stonecunning +14) | Favored Enemy (fey +4, human +2) | Buffs: Barkskin, Haste )
Fairbeaks Stats:
( HP 59/59 (7HD) | AC 25 (T13/FF21) | CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +9 (evasion), Will +2 | Speed 60' | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Buffs: longstrider (4 h), Barkskin, Haste)

A grouchy-looking dwarf, with reddish brown hair and beard, bald on top, stomps into the room, looking around with a frown. He wears exotic mithril armor, consisting of small metals plates, each individually inscribed with a small rune-like symbol. Over his should is the handle to a large well=used wooden club with silver studs embedded along its length.

When he speaks, you are surprised to hear a strong Tian accent, clearly common not his native tongue.

"Names Theo." He growls, watching all the people moving about. "Last time there were this many bodies running around so excited... it was the precursor to nothing good."

There are suddenly some panicked yelps back from the direction he came, and he gives a heavy sigh, before turning back that direction. You see the cause of the disturbance a large flightless bird, snapping its huge beak at anyone that gets too close. Theo walks right up to it, growling something, and the animal calms down almost immediately, though still gives warning glares at anyone that comes too near.

Eventually he moves it to a less busy location before returning back to the assigned meeting point.

"He does not much like crowds." He adds, with a shrug, before plopping himself down on a nearby vacant bench.

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker | DWK4 || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Former Master of Spells Aram Zey addresses the assembled Pathfinders as more agents stream into the Grand Lodge. “Pathfinders, an entire world is in danger! The Hao Jin Tapestry is on the brink of collapse. If we do not act now, all its wonders and its people will be lost to us forever. Find your assigned group, aid in our preparations to enter the demiplane however you can, and await further instructions.”

GMs, you have one day to complete your mustering and perform the tasks in Part 1.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Countless Pathfinders stand ready in a large stone room deep beneath the Grand Lodge. A ragged tapestry covered in clashing colors and abstract symbols rests on an inclined slab in the center of the room, surrounded by scaffolds and ladders. Scholars frantically rush along the scaffolds, studying a flurry of rips appearing on the tapestry.

A harried oread woman approaches. “I am Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr. I won’t mince words—the situation is dire. This cloth is the famous Hao Jin Tapestry, an ancient relic the Pathfinder Society acquired in the Ruby Phoenix Tournament six years ago. It contains a vast wealth of locations, treasures, and peoples torn from Golarion by the sorceress Hao Jin. We have explored many regions of the tapestry, struggled to keep the Aspis Consortium from turning its populace against us, and devised a means to use the tapestry for fast travel across all of Golarion. But now, it has begun to unravel. We must act quickly to repair the tapestry—and that means sending agents into the demiplane itself. Our former Master of Spells, Aram Zey, knows more about the tapestry than anyone here. He is preparing a formal briefing. In the meantime, familiarize yourself with your team, discuss any previous experience you may have with the Hao Jin Tapestry, and gather what information and resources you can."

"One more thing, and this is important: you will be able to retreat safely from the tapestry to Absalom. However, we cannot risk damaging the tapestry further by sending groups back and forth. Be sure that you gather everything you need before entering the tapestry, because once you return to Absalom, you will no longer be a part of this mission."

During this time, you are still free to make any purchases you deem necessary. You can also attempt the following tasks in any order. You can attempt the checks individually or use the aid another action provided the aiding PCs use the same skill as the 'main' PC using that skill:

- Assess The Damage (inspecting the tapestry itself): Appraise, Disable Device, Perception or Use Magic Device;

- Interrogate The Snakes (group of Aspis Consortium agents recently arrested): Bluff or Intimidate;

- Knowledge Of The Weave (recall or gather info about the tapestry): Diplomacy or Knowledge (local or planes);

- Something Is Watching (strange feeling you're being watched...): Knowledge (arcana or planes), Perception, Sense Motive or Spellcraft;

- Supply Check (assess repair team's supplies): Appraise, Craft, Knowledge (arcana) or Profession;

- Tales From The Tapestry (swapping tales of Pathfinder Society's previous adventures in the tapestry): Diplomacy, Knowledge (history) or Perform;

- Travel Tips (share tips for navigating/surviving various terrains): Knowledge (geography or nature), Profession or Survival.

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8 ( HP 84/84 | AC 29 (T13/FF27) | CMD 26 | Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs poison/spells | Speed 20' | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Stonecunning +14) | Favored Enemy (fey +4, human +2) | Buffs: Barkskin, Haste )
Fairbeaks Stats:
( HP 59/59 (7HD) | AC 25 (T13/FF21) | CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +9 (evasion), Will +2 | Speed 60' | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Buffs: longstrider (4 h), Barkskin, Haste)

"A fickle heart, and a short memory." Theo mutters, as the Master of Spells explains what the problem is.

I have decent enough skills for 3 of them, and none of the other 3.

The three he has, he will try straight up

He spends some of the time while folks prepare, to examine the Tapestry, though his observations are limited more to what he can see, than any idea how the tapestry was made, or how it functions.
Assess the Damage (perception): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Of course, he can't quite shake the feeling that someone, or something is observing him the entire time... but with so many people rushing about, it proves difficult to pin point anyone in the crowd.
Knowledge is Watching (perception): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

He at least can offer some advice, for the terrains they might be encountering... though having only been inside the tapestry once, he can't say how that strange environment might affect things.
Travel Tips (survival): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
_________________________________

These next three, he will assist someone else who might attempt them... (assuming they are using one of the 2 skills he lists for each)
Interrogate the Snakes *Aid* (bluff/intimidate): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 + 1 = 17 *success*
Supply Check *Aid* (appraise/craft): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 + 1 = 7 *fail*
Tales from the Tapestry *Aid* (diplomacy/perform): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 1 = 1 *fail*
Hmm... though only really matters for the Interrogation =)

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

A dour looking elf runs over, his large curved sword clapping against his back as he goes.

Sorry...got turned about in the chaos there...what have we got here.. he says a bit breathlessly. He does his long blonde hair in a quick tail as he examines the tapestry. [/b] Let's get this done..[/b]. He looks around, taking in all the information he can, and his mind starts turning.

He helps Theo inspect the tapestry, pointing out things his keen elven sight caught.

aid perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

He aids in the questioning of the Aspis agents by glowering over them holding his sword.

aid intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

He racks his brain for any info on the tapestry he might have gleaned over his years.

aid know local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

He looks around, his hair on the back of his neck standing up.

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

He then gets out his notes on travel tips he has written down during his travels.

survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Adv. Distr. 1 rd, Permanent Deathwatch 30ft, False Life 7hrs, Heroism 70 minutes, Fly Potion <5 minutes, Haste 6 rds remain | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 7/13) | AC/Tch/FF 25/14/22 26/15/22 28/15/24 | CMD (trip) 23 (26) 24 (27) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 +10/+11/+8 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 60, Fly 60 90 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 8/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 2/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Hamish looks at the allies at his tables, "The Hao Jin Tapestry. Hmmm.... I've heard of it, but don't know to much. Let's see what we can figure out so we won't be forced to retreat."

____________________________________________________________________

- Assess The Damage (inspecting the tapestry itself): Appraise, Disable Device, Perception or Use Magic Device;

Perception Aid Theo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Success, +2

____________________________________________________________________

- Interrogate The Snakes (group of Aspis Consortium agents recently arrested): Bluff or Intimidate;

Bluff Primary + Theo's Aid: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27

____________________________________________________________________

- Knowledge Of The Weave (recall or gather info about the tapestry): Diplomacy or Knowledge (local or planes);

Diplomacy Primary: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

____________________________________________________________________

- Something Is Watching (strange feeling you're being watched...): Knowledge (arcana or planes), Perception, Sense Motive or Spellcraft;

Perception Aid Theo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Fail

____________________________________________________________________

- Supply Check (assess repair team's supplies): Appraise, Craft, Knowledge (arcana) or Profession;

Knowledge: Arcana Aid Styfis: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 Success, +2

____________________________________________________________________

- Tales From The Tapestry (swapping tales of Pathfinder Society's previous adventures in the tapestry): Diplomacy, Knowledge (history) or Perform;

Diplomacy Primary: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

____________________________________________________________________

- Travel Tips (share tips for navigating/surviving various terrains): Knowledge (geography or nature), Profession or Survival.

Survival Aid Theo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Success, +2
____________________________________________________________________

I hope no one minded, but of the character profiles I could see of those that had not already acted, I had the highest diplomacy and bluff mods available so I took primary on those three. I tried to aid everyone else for the rest of the checks. Glad to have this game starting up, I love playing pathfinder!!!

Scarab Sages

Active: Elf Occultist 8 / HP 59/59, CMD 23, Init +10, Perc +14 (+2 magic traps), AC 25/15/20, Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +9 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 5/5, 2d 5/5, 3d 3/3 / Implements: Transmutation 6/6, Evocation 8/8;

An other elf is over there. He's wearing all green clothes, having a long composite longbow emerging from behind his back.

Hi, my name's Styfis. But I've got another name inside the tapestry, when I went once. I was called Arrow Sandwich by a Kobold chief. the tapestry is a weird place. Let's remember things about it.

Assess The Damage (inspecting the tapestry itself):
Disable Device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20

Interrogate The Snakes (group of Aspis Consortium agents recently arrested):
Bluff: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
I don't know anything about his, I'm sorry.

Knowledge Of The Weave (recall or gather info about the tapestry):
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

Something Is Watching (strange feeling you're being watched...):
Knowledge planes: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29

Supply Check (assess repair team's supplies):
Knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Tales From The Tapestry (swapping tales of Pathfinder Society's previous adventures in the tapestry):
I can try to aid something in this one.
Knowledge history: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Travel Tips (share tips for navigating/surviving various terrains):
Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Sorry I can't help on this topic.

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8 ( HP 84/84 | AC 29 (T13/FF27) | CMD 26 | Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs poison/spells | Speed 20' | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Stonecunning +14) | Favored Enemy (fey +4, human +2) | Buffs: Barkskin, Haste )
Fairbeaks Stats:
( HP 59/59 (7HD) | AC 25 (T13/FF21) | CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +9 (evasion), Will +2 | Speed 60' | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Buffs: longstrider (4 h), Barkskin, Haste)

Just a reminder, many of the skills listed can be attempted untrained... so one should at least try to aid someone. =)

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8 ( HP 84/84 | AC 29 (T13/FF27) | CMD 26 | Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs poison/spells | Speed 20' | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Stonecunning +14) | Favored Enemy (fey +4, human +2) | Buffs: Barkskin, Haste )
Fairbeaks Stats:
( HP 59/59 (7HD) | AC 25 (T13/FF21) | CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +9 (evasion), Will +2 | Speed 60' | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Buffs: longstrider (4 h), Barkskin, Haste)

Huh... I miscounted, there are actually 7 checks, not 6!
Adding in the one I missed!

Knowledge of the Weave: Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19[/ooc]

Scarab Sages

Hey guys, sorry. I completely spaced that I had signed up for this forever ago. It has been a busy couple of months! I can’t even remember who I signed up with! If you still want me and have room, I can sign in later tonight. If not, I completely understand. I’m very sorry!


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Part 1 will be over tonight so you must make haste! and you never assigned a character to the sign-up sheet. Must be 7, 8 or 9. Hurry and head over to the Discussion thread to fill out your PFS info before someone else does! :)

Scarab Sages

GM PDK wrote:
Part 1 will be over tonight so you must make haste! and you never assigned a character to the sign-up sheet. Must be 7, 8 or 9. Hurry and head over to the Discussion thread to fill out your PFS info before someone else does! :)

Unfortunately, I won’t get home until 10:30-11 tonight (pacific time) so if someone else wants my seat, I will gladly seed it to them. Otherwise, that’s as soon as I can make it.

If I do get on in time, is there anything this party needs? I have several characters at this level range.

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8 ( HP 84/84 | AC 29 (T13/FF27) | CMD 26 | Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs poison/spells | Speed 20' | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Stonecunning +14) | Favored Enemy (fey +4, human +2) | Buffs: Barkskin, Haste )
Fairbeaks Stats:
( HP 59/59 (7HD) | AC 25 (T13/FF21) | CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +9 (evasion), Will +2 | Speed 60' | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Buffs: longstrider (4 h), Barkskin, Haste)

Theo takes a moment to go collect his animal companion, so as to be ready to head out at a moment's notice.

He returns a short while later with a fully grown axe beak in tow. The bird ruffles its feathers in irritation, clearly not at all happy to be stuck inside, in cramped quarters.

"This is Fairbeaks." Theo growls, barking a quick command at the large bird in Tien. It quickly settles down again, squatting on the ground at the dwarf's side, watching those nearby with its dark predatory eyes.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Always nice to have another set of eyes with us. I never had the gift of animal handling. A distant cousin of mine was incredibly gifted, even by elven standards. It was often joked he could charm a raging dragon...that would be a sight, I wager...

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8 ( HP 84/84 | AC 29 (T13/FF27) | CMD 26 | Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs poison/spells | Speed 20' | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Stonecunning +14) | Favored Enemy (fey +4, human +2) | Buffs: Barkskin, Haste )
Fairbeaks Stats:
( HP 59/59 (7HD) | AC 25 (T13/FF21) | CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +9 (evasion), Will +2 | Speed 60' | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Buffs: longstrider (4 h), Barkskin, Haste)

"I'm just happy to come away with all my fingers." Theo replies, with a grumpy frown at the bird, which ignores him.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)
VampByDay wrote:
GM PDK wrote:
Part 1 will be over tonight so you must make haste! and you never assigned a character to the sign-up sheet. Must be 7, 8 or 9. Hurry and head over to the Discussion thread to fill out your PFS info before someone else does! :)

Unfortunately, I won’t get home until 10:30-11 tonight (pacific time) so if someone else wants my seat, I will gladly seed it to them. Otherwise, that’s as soon as I can make it.

If I do get on in time, is there anything this party needs? I have several characters at this level range.

@VampByDay: the group is a pretty good mix of ranged vs. melee so far. Anything above that would help such as strong divine or arcane caster, or a tank with a high AC. A medium is joining us and due to the myriad of ways one can build them, I'm not sure what role the character will fill. That's about it. Oh, and please let us use the discussion thread for coordination purposes going forward - thx!

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

- Assess The Damage perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

- Interrogate The Snakes Can I use sense motive to interrogate?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

-Knowledge Of The Weave (recall or gather info about the tapestry): Diplomacy or Knowledge (local or planes); diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

- Something Is Watching (strange feeling you're being watched...): Knowledge (arcana or planes), Perception, Sense Motive or Spellcraft;
perception or sense motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

- Tales From The Tapestry (swapping tales of Pathfinder Society's previous adventures in the tapestry): Diplomacy, Knowledge (history) or Perform;
diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

A halfling joins the gathered group of Pathfinder Agents, "Sorry I'm late, I had to make contact with my spirit first, but I'm read to go."

The halfling stands confidently, even for his short height. He wears a chain shirt and carries no weapons, but he clearly is quite skilled at combat.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

A Varisian woman dressed to look like a stereotypical witch, saver for her clothes are pink and not black, runs into the group huffing and puffing. She has a nice backpack and seems to be in full stage makeup.

"Hi! Sorry-ho, lots of running, sorry I'm late! My name is Charlotte. I was just doing a performance when I heard the emergency . . . ran straight here. Would have flown on my broom but . . . you know, we might need it later."

Assess The Damage-Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Interrogate Snakes-Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Knowledge of Weave-Local: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35
Someone is Watching-Arcana: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30
Supply Check-Arcana: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30
Tales from the Tapestry-Perform (Stagecraft/Acting): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29
Travel Tips- Geography or Nature (same bonus): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker | DWK4 || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Aram Zey cries out in alarm as a massive rip appears in the Hao Jin Tapestry. A silvery void dances within the breach. “The rifts are widening—we’re running out of time! Quickly, Pathfinders. Finish your preparations and gather around the tapestry.”

Aram Zey’s gaze remains fixed on the tapestry as he addresses the crowd around him. He is harried and pale, with dark bags under his bloodshot eyes. His hands tremble slightly as he sets a mug of coffee down on a table already littered with empty cups. “Pathfinders, the Hao Jin Tapestry is falling to pieces. Both the physical object you see before you and the mystical realm it contains have been unraveling for several months, possibly even longer. My only hope is that there is still time to save the tapestry
and those who live inside.”

The former Master of Spells glares at the tapestry for a moment, and then a new rip catches his attention. He jabs a finger at the frayed fabric. “There! You see? The degradation is causing—or perhaps caused by—rifts to the Astral Plane that are appearing throughout the demiplane. Fixing these tears is not as simple as stitching fabric or performing a few rituals. We must enter the tapestry itself, find the rifts, and repair them as best we can. But the tapestry is in chaos—undead horrors are emerging throughout the demiplane, and we do not quite understand why. On top of that, the people and creatures of the tapestry are reacting to the chaos, and they are only making matters worse! That, Pathfinders, is where you come in.”

Aram Zey finally turns to face the crowd gathered around him. “The tapestry is a massive realm, and we have spent years exploring it and using it for travel. I fear that our activities are at least partly responsible for the degradation. I don’t think it’s a coincidence many of the six most damaged areas of the tapestry are sites of previous Pathfinder missions.” Zey’s face twists into a pained expression, “My efforts to repair the demiplane over the course of the last several days have met with nothing but failure. The decline continues to accelerate. I have no choice but to send you into the tapestry to deal with the chaos around these six sites. I’ll be sending in other teams to perform the laborious work of patching the rifts once you’ve established control of the situation. Then I can work on a permanent solution. Time is of the essence. By my estimates, in a little over two day’s time, the entire demiplane will collapse without your efforts. I don’t care what motivates you, whether you want to preserve powerful artifacts, save innocent lives, or be a good Pathfinder—get in there and get the job done.”

Aram Zey returns his gaze to the tapestry, raising his hand to his forehead and wincing in pain. In a low grumble, he adds, “You all are this demiplane’s last hope. Don’t let them down.”

Table GMs, please begin Part 2.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

Charlotte will tap herself with a wand of Mage armor and cast False Life on herself.
False Life Temp Hp: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Adv. Distr. 1 rd, Permanent Deathwatch 30ft, False Life 7hrs, Heroism 70 minutes, Fly Potion <5 minutes, Haste 6 rds remain | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 7/13) | AC/Tch/FF 25/14/22 26/15/22 28/15/24 | CMD (trip) 23 (26) 24 (27) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 +10/+11/+8 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 60, Fly 60 90 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 8/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 2/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

As the others prepare to go, Hamish also casts a similar spell. One he recently learned while studying the intricate differences between life and death.

Also casting False Life for Temp HP for 7 hours: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17. 3/4 level 2 spells remain.

Scarab Sages

Active: Elf Occultist 8 / HP 59/59, CMD 23, Init +10, Perc +14 (+2 magic traps), AC 25/15/20, Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +9 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 5/5, 2d 5/5, 3d 3/3 / Implements: Transmutation 6/6, Evocation 8/8;

The elf stays ready to go. He hasn't any spell to cast before the travel.

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

Nyloth has some short duration spells, but none he wants to waste this moment, "Ready when everyone else is. The name is Nyloth by the way, although my spirit's name is Kresh if you wanted to talk to him directly."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

”Oh, it’s so great to meet so many different spellcasters! Nice to meet you all! I love seeing the joys of magic taught to all fields!”
Ready as well


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Thanks to each Pathfinder's knowledge and skills, the last of the staging area is complete and the agents stand ready for the orders commencing the expedition. The Pathfinders manning the newly-completed area urge their fellow agents to make any last minute purchases they deem necessary while they still remain in Absalom.

All available boons have been earned! See slide 2. Well done, Pathfinders!

"You lot." says Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin, motioning to the assembled party. "Come with me." He leads you over to one of the tables where a map and various papers identifying various realms within the Hao Jin Tapestry.

“As Aram Zey said, we have identified the six most damaged areas of the tapestry." Valsin notes grimly. "Unfortunately, each of these areas is populated. In some of them, you’ll find allies who require aid, and in others long-time foes that would thwart our efforts. We must defeat these foes or win them over to our side. Choose your missions carefully! If you have visited the tapestry before, its people are likely to remember you, for good or ill."

“I do have one piece of good news—the tapestry’s attempts to repair itself have caused loose threads from these six locations to connect to each other. What that means for you is that traveling between those locations once you’re inside should be straightforward." he says, gesturing towards the damaged artifact. "Advance scouts tell us these connections look like bridges made of tattered fabric decorated to resemble the two locations in the tapestry that the bridge connects."

“As for getting back home, when you enter, you’ll leave a little blue portal behind you. It’s called an astral eddy, and it’s your personal connection to the Material Plane. Walk back into it, and you’ll reappear in Absalom. Once you’ve come home, though, we won’t be sending you back in." The Venture-Captain pauses to allow the weight of his words to sink in.

After a few moments, he imparts, “You have two days to complete as many missions as you can, but don’t be so hasty that you throw away your lives. Take the time to rest if you find a safe place.”

The party must choose which mission to go to first. The missions can be selected from Handout #2 on Slide 1. Once I see that 2 PCs have identified an initial mission to undertake, I will move us into that encounter to keep things moving. Please also fill your basic character info in Slide 3.

You have 6 missions to choose from, each in different regions of the tapestry. You can attempt the missions in any order. Please note, that it’s unlikely that you'll have time to complete all six missions, so consider those locations you think best match your PCs’ abilities and interests.

For tracking spell durations, assume that each mission takes about 1 hour to complete and that it takes 10 minutes to travel between locations.

For item purchases, there are enough Pathfinders in the tapestry to provide spellcasting services between encounters, as though the PCs were in a large city. HOWEVER, PCs SHOULD make any purchases they deem necessary NOW (especially the larger purchases not available in a Large city) before moving to the next part AND should select the free potion they received on the boons list (currently on Slide 2) BEFORE stepping on the portal -- please select that free potion at the beginning of your next post using ooc tags.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

Rallas seeks out an enchanter to find a belt to enhance his fighting style and a ring of warding.

belt of dexterity +2 and a ring of protection +1...6k total...also...what list of potions? i missed that...and Rallas will use his wand of Shield before going into combat since it only last minutes.

He looks at the rest of the group and pulls out a pair of wands.

Use these freely...they are both healing wands, but the one is a bit...tainted....the holier of us might not like the feeling. Also...who hear can use scrolls properly? If one of us falls, use it as a last resortwand of clw with 50 charges and a wand of infernal healing with 50 charges...scroll is breath of life.

Scarab Sages

Active: Elf Occultist 8 / HP 59/59, CMD 23, Init +10, Perc +14 (+2 magic traps), AC 25/15/20, Fort +9 Ref +11 Will +9 (+2 vs ench.) / Spells 1st 5/5, 2d 5/5, 3d 3/3 / Implements: Transmutation 6/6, Evocation 8/8;

I choose the Invisibility potion

I think we should enter by the mission 6.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf slayer 2/Un Rogue 4/snakebite brawler 1, HP 65/65, AC 23, T 17, FF 16, F +9, R +16, W +8, Initi. +11, CMD 21, Perception +14, lowlight(+16 traps)

ahh..missed it...failed that perception check...i'll take invisibility too...sneaky sneaky...

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

I’ll grab an Oil of Daylight
”Oh! Those Lizardfolk! I know them! We helped their . . . Tribe? Clutch? Some friends and I helped them a while back! I’d love to help them again!”
Charlotte votes mission 1, she has run the PFS scenario with them I’m pretty sure.

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Adv. Distr. 1 rd, Permanent Deathwatch 30ft, False Life 7hrs, Heroism 70 minutes, Fly Potion <5 minutes, Haste 6 rds remain | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 7/13) | AC/Tch/FF 25/14/22 26/15/22 28/15/24 | CMD (trip) 23 (26) 24 (27) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 +10/+11/+8 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 60, Fly 60 90 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 8/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 2/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Hamish grabs his healing elixir and selects a potion showing wings sprouting from a humanoid, "This could always be useful."

Potion of Fly

He looks over the mission list and agrees with both Styfis and Charlotte, "Shall we fix the fountain first then take the battle to the undead? Pharasma would be annoyed with me if we didn't deal with a known unliving threat quickly."

6 first, 1 next if we live?


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

That 2 for Mission 6!

The six locations identified as in need of repair are connected by "tears" in the metaphysical fabric of the tapestry, which are in need of stabilization. By selecting the location of Lake Taikaga on the physical tapestry in the Grand Lodge and uttering the command word, you instantly enter into another realm, a demiplane. Behind you floats a 2-foot-diameter sphere of pulsing blue light known as an astral eddy, each visible only to you whose journey to the tapestry has created it. Stepping into your own astral eddy will shift you back to the Material Plane precisely where you left, along with any carried objects and signal the end of the adventure for you, as per your brief earlier.

Nestled in the center of a serene woodland valley, you see a small lake bed devoid of water. At its center, a dozen humanoid turtles lie on their backs, alive but unable to move. To the north, a ravine leads to a small temple on a rocky hilltop.

Knowledge Nature DC 17:
A kappa is a strange amphibian resembling a humanoid turtle. It dwells in fresh water, preferring a stream or river to a lake or pond. It has a small shell on its back, a blunt face, and webbed hands and feet that end in short claws. A typical kappa is green in color, but kappa skin tones can vary toward blue or yellow hues. The creature has a shallow basin in the top of its head, in which the creature carries water from its home at all times. A kappa moves slowly on land (Speed 20 ft.) but moves rather swiftly in water (Swim 40 ft.) For each exceedance of 5 over the DC, select another piece of knowledge from the following list

The humanoid turtles hail you!

“It’s not a trick! Please help!”

What do you do? NOTE: Fill the info on Slide 3 before your next post if you haven't done so. Thanks!

Dark Archive

CN Half-Elf Dirge Bard 6, Fighter 1 | Mods: Adv. Distr. 1 rd, Permanent Deathwatch 30ft, False Life 7hrs, Heroism 70 minutes, Fly Potion <5 minutes, Haste 6 rds remain | HP: 67/67 (Temp HP 7/13) | AC/Tch/FF 25/14/22 26/15/22 28/15/24 | CMD (trip) 23 (26) 24 (27) | F/R/W +8/+9/+6 +10/+11/+8 (Immune Sleep, +2 Enchants, +4 vs Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromantic) | Speed 30 60, Fly 60 90 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Bardic Performance: 8/16 (Lingering Performance) | Spells 1st: 5/5, 2nd: 2/4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Init: +2

Knowledge: Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 Special Attacks

Hamish quickly identifies the creatures, "Kappa! I never thought I'd see one of those. Interesting, they appear to be in distress." He yells to the creatures, "How can we help?"

All are welcome to view the spoiler, there is a lot in there to try to put in RP and most of it is a description of the creatures.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Hamish:
Special Attacks grab (Medium), rake (2 claws +5, 1d3+1)

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8 ( HP 84/84 | AC 29 (T13/FF27) | CMD 26 | Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs poison/spells | Speed 20' | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Stonecunning +14) | Favored Enemy (fey +4, human +2) | Buffs: Barkskin, Haste )
Fairbeaks Stats:
( HP 59/59 (7HD) | AC 25 (T13/FF21) | CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +9 (evasion), Will +2 | Speed 60' | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Buffs: longstrider (4 h), Barkskin, Haste)

Theo will take a potion of Fly for the boon.

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

"Tipping them over is probably a good place to start." Theo mutters, as he starts down towards the lake to assist.

He tries to keep an eye out for other dangers.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Fairbeaks squawks, then follows along, clearly thinking there might be a meal below.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

”Wait, if they’ve fallen over. . .” [ooc]Charlotte inspects the status of their head-bowls[ooc]

”What’s going on? What do you need help with?”


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Theo sees nothing out of the ordinary; Charlotte notes that their head bowls are all empty.

“We've been tipped over and lost our head-waters! Help!”

The Exchange

N Dwarf Ranger 8 ( HP 84/84 | AC 29 (T13/FF27) | CMD 26 | Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +6; +2 vs poison/spells | Speed 20' | Init +2 | Perc +12 (Stonecunning +14) | Favored Enemy (fey +4, human +2) | Buffs: Barkskin, Haste )
Fairbeaks Stats:
( HP 59/59 (7HD) | AC 25 (T13/FF21) | CMD 25 | Fort +8, Ref +9 (evasion), Will +2 | Speed 60' | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Buffs: longstrider (4 h), Barkskin, Haste)

Theo will go about trying to leverage them back to right-side-up. Fairbeaks watches intently, waiting for the command to feed... but instead Theo tries to get him to help. It is not a task the bird is familiar with, and not what it'd hoped for.

Handle Animal (push): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

jeeze, 2 leading 20's in a row. Gonna be all misses once combat starts =P

Still, it seems to get the idea pretty quickly, its large beak strangely well suited to turning them over.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

Charlotte will turn to her companions. ”Can any of you create water for them? Won’t last more than a few hours, but that’ll probably be enough to get them to a source of water.”

Charlotte is not strong, but will try to aid another them getting up. She’ll turn to the Kappa

”How did this happen? How did all of you loose your water?”


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

The creatures are basically in a rigid state and extremely hard to tip over. However Theo and Fairbeaks manage the feat. One of them say, "We can't move until you refill our head bowls! please... please pour nice clean water back into our head bowls! ...and food... yes food... if you have some..."


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

"It's that stupid... stubborn dragon! why don't you go drown him!! we'll tell you more.. but first... water... bowl... yes?" chimes another one, followed by another piping in, "...and cucumbers! yes... with salt... and maybe horseflesh? yes!! roasted, braised or even lightly seared would do!"

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

Nyloth grabs a potion of heroism for free and drinks it. I included it in slide 3 numbers.

Nyloth watches helplessly as he realizes he has no way of helping the Kappa. "Sorry guys, my skills include talking to the dead and fighting, not making water or doing magic."

Geez, I forgot how fast specials move.


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

Another one perks up upon hearing Nyloth's little voice chime in, "Halflings are good at food though, aren't they? they usually carry a waterskin too, I've heard! and brandy, and wine and cider!"

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

"Not this halfling, I'm neither food nor do I carry any alcohol." Nyloth replies to the Kappas. "Let me know if talking to the dead would help though."


Hao Jin Cataclysm (Gameplay|Maps & Slides)

"Huh... we're not dead yet... you sure none of you have water for our head bowls? it would be... much easier to discuss..." says another kappa, face down in the dirt.

The Concordance

Male NG Halfling Medium 7 (Medium of the Master) | HP 52/52| AC 25 T 20 FF 16 | CMB +3/14 CMD 17 | F: +10, R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +11 | Speed 30ft | Spirit Influence: 1/5 | Surges 4/4| Active conditions: | Taboo: you must accept any challenge to prove your prowess in battle, including challenges to single combat

Nyloth opens his backpack and takes a look inside.

inventory:

Bedroll (0.01g), Blanket (0.05g), 3 Bottles (6g), Canteen (2g), Chain 10ft (30g), Masterwork Backpack (50g), Crowbar (2g), Grappling Hook (1g), Compass (10g), Soul Candle (1g), Manacles (15g), Rope 50ft (1g), Shovel (2g), Skeleton Key (85g), Spirit Offerings (20g), Spirit Compass (20g), Smoked Goggles (10g), 5 Alchemists Kindness (5g), 2 Antiplague (100g), 2 Antitoxin (100g), Meditation Tea (30g), 2 Vermin Repellents (10g), 2 Soothe Syrup (50g), Smelling Salts (25g), 5 Acids (50g), 3 Alkali Flask (45g), 4 Holy Water (100g)

"Well, I have 4 vials of holy water, 5 doses of Alchemists Kindness, and 1 canteen." Nyloth says while digging in his pack.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human: HP: 74/58 | AC/FF/TCH (Mage armor) 11(15)/10(14)/11 | F/R/W: +6/+5/+8)lInit +1 | Per +12 Psychic 8

Charlotte will pour whatever water she has into the Kappa head’s, trying to be even.

1 to 50 of 567 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII] GM PDK: The Hao Jin Cataclysm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.