Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2

Game Master GM Aarvid

Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2

maps

8-09
8-11


551 to 600 of 750 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 4/4
HP 49/51, AC 25/T 13/F 22, Init +3, Perc +6 (scent), Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +3, CMB +7/20, Speed 50'
Active:
Protection from Energy (fire, 72hp, 60 minutes); Animal Aspect Bull (+2 Str)

Wolf:
Thanks, but can you heal these wounds, that singed a bit of my hair and it really hurts.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Natty runs in past the fight, making his way up the staircase, only to get onto the slippery bannister at the top. Then to slide down the opposite bannister, jump and launch at the firey thing, dagger in hand, hoping to tumble it down out of the air.

OK, it a bit Indiana Jones, but it's got to be done in as few moves as possible, in whatever rules might prevail in good ole society play. Probably a lot of dice rolls...Also chances of succeeding are exceedingly small... So happy for GM to roll whatever is required for Natty to do a bit of derring-do.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Before we account for Natty’s gymnastics, each of the characters who were in melee before she flew up and back can take an AOO. I believe that includes Taman, Idruzi and Dresden and wolf. Remember she was already at 5’ up so no flank. Then we will continue if she survives.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

AoO

rage round 1 - rage power- Beast Totem +2 AC ( AC 21)

+1 large bastard sword: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
damage: 2d8 + 11 ⇒ (4, 7) + 11 = 22

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Attack of Opportunity (Ferocious Strike & Channeling Force): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 7 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 + 3 = 16

I'll use my reroll on that attack.

Attack of Opportunity Reroll +4 (Ferocious Strike & Channeling Force): 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 4 = 32 - not a threat, but that should stick

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Animal Focus: 4/6; Spells: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4
HP44/45, AC 22/T 10/F 22, Init +0, Perc +11 (See in Darkness), Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4, CMB +9/19, Speed 30
Active:
Bull Aspect (+2 str)

AoO

Attack Details:

Using +1 adamantine longsword (19-20/x2)

melee (longsword): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 1 = 16 damage (S): 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11


Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 4/4
HP 49/51, AC 25/T 13/F 22, Init +3, Perc +6 (scent), Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +3, CMB +7/20, Speed 50'
Active:
Protection from Energy (fire, 72hp, 60 minutes); Animal Aspect Bull (+2 Str)

AoO
melee (bite): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Damage (B/P/S): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Since her move provoked and was a full move, she would have attacked and moved...so she did not get the iterative attack.

After her scorching attack and single slash with her falchion, her flight up draws dual swings from Taman and Idruzi, which brings her down with a crash on the basalt floor.

*** out of combat ***

Status
Natty(), Dresden(-15), Wolf(-39)
Taman(-69),Umberto(-20),Idruzi()
Zaigan()

Two immense staircases sweep up each side of this entry hall, joining at a second floor twenty feet above. A well-furnished room extends to the north, and small doors lead to both the east and west.

Beyond the foyer, you see the doors to the patio you tried earlier.

This large room contains sofas and chairs upholstered in leather with a metallic sheen. A steel table is set with stone plates, crystalline cutlery, and gold-lined goblets. Doors to the north open onto a narrow terrace, and the portrait of a stern efreeti hangs along the west wall.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto dismisses the spiritual weapon and sees to his wounds quickly so they can proceed.

clw wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
clw wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
clw wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
clw wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Full up.

He arms himself with a composite longbow if he's not to be up front, Quite the entrance we've made. Where to first?

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

"Guys here is my wand for healing. Can someone use it on me?"

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Here you go, brother. As much as you need.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

13 charges if I take average of 5.5

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Paladin 7 (Divine defender) / Field agent 1 hp 60/60 | AC 22/t13/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 9, Ref 8, Will 11 | Init +3 Perception +12, +2 on per to avoid surprise and det. invisible, detect evil | spd 30 ft | Aura of Courage, Divine Health

"Dresden, you were hurt badly? Let me help here."

lay on hands: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6) = 12

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Before we dip too deeply into the wands for Taman, Idruzi can share some healing around.

Cure Light Wounds on Taman (expending Remove Fear: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Cure Moderate Wounds on Taman (expending Lesser Restoration: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (3, 4) + 7 = 14

"Before we go further, I'll ward us against flames," Idruzi says. "Gather around for a quick prayer to the Lucky Drunk."

I should probably cast Communal Resist Energy now, but this does mean that we'll need to proceed fairly quickly. The spell only lasts 70 minutes, divided by the number of targets. If anyone has enough fire resistance on their own, I can keep the duration up. (It gives fire resist 20)

Relevant-seeming spells Idruzi can offer if we want them now: Enlarge Person, Bull's Strength (preferably to someone that isn't using a belt yet - animal companion?) and Shield of Faith.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Works for me. No other Fire resistance. No need for other buffs as I'll probably stay back.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Natty unsure about the prayer, decides that a Lucky drunk is better than an unlucky one and prays with Idruzi.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

"Thank you Idruzi! Shall we continue guys?"


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ok, looks like everyone is topped off, and the bloody body of the house guardian lies in the foyer.

You do not hear any additional sounds or movement in the estate. Single closed doors are flanking the foyer to the east and west.
Looking into the larger room, you notice a number of closed double doors.

I have added #1-#8 on the map. I need two to agree on next location.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

vote for left and clockwise.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

I agree with Umberto


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ok Monty, that sounds like two votes for door #1 then follow around to #8, #7 etc upstairs #3 and #4 afterwards?


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Opening the door to the left, you see...

This room is apparently where the Cinderfurys work on contracts and trade deals with clients. Each of these meeting rooms contains a glass table etched with serpentine designs and high-backed glass chairs.

The double doors to the south are open and beyond you see...

This is another chamber the efreet use to entertain visitors and associates. A deep bath with stepped sides and filled with steaming water occupies most of this room. The bath’s contents are heavily salted with rare minerals mined from volcanoes and other fiery sites, and the composition is particularly soothing to outsiders with the fire subtype.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

Taman looks around. If there is nothing of interest he moves to the next room upstairs.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto looks at the bath, That's rather enticing. I can get a bit crusty. He'll follow along behind the big boys with bow and arrow at the ready.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

You really do not see anything all that interesting in either of these two rooms, beyond what is evident upon first glance. There are no visible occupants in the rooms.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Paladin 7 (Divine defender) / Field agent 1 hp 60/60 | AC 22/t13/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 9, Ref 8, Will 11 | Init +3 Perception +12, +2 on per to avoid surprise and det. invisible, detect evil | spd 30 ft | Aura of Courage, Divine Health

Zaigan walks upstairs to closed doors (#7) and looks around trying to listen through the doors.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29 +2 if there are invisible and incorporeal creatures

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Whilst the other look at the rooms, Natty checks out the downed enemy for anything interesting the can be found. I mean, you never know what you might find on a defeated enemy, even if I did little to bring him down. Might even have a useful document or two, you never know til you look.

Perception taking a 10 10 + 13 = 23 +2 for hidden items

He then looks over the closed doors looking for any magical or clockwork mechanisms that might be problematic. Perception looking for traps 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22 I don't know why I bother rolling ....


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Zaigan, the map is not really clear but #7 is downstairs in the back room. #3 and #4 lead upstairs (to a different map slide)

Zaigan heads to the back room to listen.

Zaigan:
You hear moving furniture and stacking items from beyond the doors.

Natty checks the fallen efreet guardian where she lays. Other than her smoldering clothing, he only sees the fine (MW) large falchion at her side on the floor.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

After finishing his prayer to Cayden Cailean, Idruzi follows along with the rest of the party.

Did we want that Communal Resist Energy up now, or should we wait?

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Paladin 7 (Divine defender) / Field agent 1 hp 60/60 | AC 22/t13/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 9, Ref 8, Will 11 | Init +3 Perception +12, +2 on per to avoid surprise and det. invisible, detect evil | spd 30 ft | Aura of Courage, Divine Health

GM: ok, downstairs it is

He heads back to his comrades "Something is moving in that room. Be prepared when approaching that direction."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The party mulls about in the grand room in the estate downstairs.

Let me know if any additional doors are opened or if anyone goes upstairs etc.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

Taman opens the door on the eastern room and looks inside. room 2

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto keeps watch over Taman with his bow.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Taman opens the door to the east and sees another similar meeting room like across the hall.

Each of these meeting rooms contains a glass table etched with serpentine designs and high-backed glass chairs

There are double doors to the south, closed.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Absent any votes to the contrary, Idruzi will cast that Communal Resist Energy spell during the prayer earlier.

Idruzi advances forward to the next room and opens the door when the party is in position.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

Taman waits for Idruzi to open the door.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Idruzi opens the door to the southern room.

Felt-lined shelves from floor to ceiling cover every inch of wall space in this exquisite and relatively cool library. Each shelf contains a menagerie of books, ancient scrolls, maps, metal plates, and charts of all size, color, and design.

A large table sits in the middle of the room, holding stacks of books and stray sheets of parchment. Exotic trinkets and baubles are interspersed in the multitude of items, with each shelf labeled in angular text.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

"Ohh, interesting.. might be some nice bits and pieces in here. Shall we take a look? " Natty says as he edges towards the room.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto is happy to let Natty lead the way, Go ahead but let's be quick. I don't like the idea of another guard catching up to us.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

"I will guard the door."

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Are we supposed to be doing anything to identify good places to drop our incriminating evidence at? A library seems like a good place to drop some papers off to me.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Labels on the 3 sections of shelves:

Ignan:

The angular text is in Ignan and labels each of the shelves, with Contracts, Lineages, and Magic being the most pervasive.

Idruzi figures it could take 10-20mins to search through just one of the sections. Closer to an hour for a person to search all three sections.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

"I could read these books, but my ward against fire would fail before we finish. Should we take the time to read them now, or explore the rest of the estate?"

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

We should continue. If the building is vacant, we can come back.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Paladin 7 (Divine defender) / Field agent 1 hp 60/60 | AC 22/t13/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 9, Ref 8, Will 11 | Init +3 Perception +12, +2 on per to avoid surprise and det. invisible, detect evil | spd 30 ft | Aura of Courage, Divine Health

"The books can wait. Let's explore rest of the building first."

Yes, library seems like obvious place for those papers.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Where to next? #

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Let's go to 6 since it's closeby.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Paladin 7 (Divine defender) / Field agent 1 hp 60/60 | AC 22/t13/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 9, Ref 8, Will 11 | Init +3 Perception +12, +2 on per to avoid surprise and det. invisible, detect evil | spd 30 ft | Aura of Courage, Divine Health

# 6 is good.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

ok with 6

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

"Spose you want me to take a look at the door, well in for a penny..." he checks the door ready for anything to happen, which it invariably does, even if he doesn't find anything interesting!

Perception traps #6 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35

551 to 600 of 750 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.