Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2

Game Master GM Aarvid

Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2

maps

8-09
8-11


451 to 500 of 750 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Forged Map | Rebels Map

Opening the door, you peer inside...

This luxuriously appointed lobby contains numerous high-backed chairs and rugs of woven copper. Scraps of thin metallic plates, rolled up like scrolls, surround a small hole in the south wall

A red-hot serpentine guard similar to the ones some of you saw with Basira, is harshly reprimanding azers in Ignan.

What is the meaning of this??! You thought I would not notice!?

Strewn across the floor are several scraps of metallic paper.

As they notice you, the azers shrink back from you and the prominently displayed sword of Taman.

The serpentess motions to your group and announces in Ignan Look! Even now the Cinderfurys have sent soldiers to see the azer rebellion punished!

Turning to your group, again in Ignan.

I order you to punish these worthless slaves for plotting to abandon their masters!

The azer look both confused and worried.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

"Can you speak in common? Please!"

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Paladin 7 (Divine defender) / Field agent 1 hp 60/60 | AC 22/t13/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 9, Ref 8, Will 11 | Init +3 Perception +12, +2 on per to avoid surprise and det. invisible, detect evil | spd 30 ft | Aura of Courage, Divine Health

Zaigan steps in and shouts to azers in common "What is he saying? Can any of you translate?" Uses detect evil on the guard

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Animal Focus: 4/6; Spells: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4
HP44/45, AC 22/T 10/F 22, Init +0, Perc +11 (See in Darkness), Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4, CMB +9/19, Speed 30
Active:
Bull Aspect (+2 str)

"I'm not sure what they are saying but they certainly look scared of you pointing your sword at them."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

As you stand there babbling in some non-Ignan language, she looks frustrated and repeats in Common.

Cinderfury Guards! I order you to punish these worthless slaves for plotting to abandon their masters! NOW! the fire-snake woman points to the Azer who look to you with worried faces.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Natty pokes his head from around the back...

Ignan:

Umm, sorry, it´s kind of new this firey talk, but if you give us a minute, I can translate you words. Please you don´t have to call on the guards, just give me a minute to let my friends understand the words you speak.

he bares his hands open in a submissive gesture and bows to the woman.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Natty continues.. in a strong voice ...

Ignan:

"You lot... come over here, we shall take you outside for your punishment!!"

Natty smiles at the Azers, and beckons them over.

He turns to Taman and winks at the barbarian, then says over loudly "Flourish your weapon that you can put the fear of the gods into those slaves! They have upset the lady, she requires we punish them."

Ignan:

"I will tidy the mess they made. Great lady."

He goes over to pick up all the metal paper.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

"Slaves, all of you, get out!" yells Taman.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

As Natty moves he nods to Idruzi "I can translate for you should you wish it. Just let me know."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Natty starts a dialog with the parties in the room.

The snake-woman guard scowls at your group and points at the Azer. The Azer raise their hands but do not drop their weapons.

Your choice to bluff that you are the guards sent to discipline the Azers or you can try diplomacy to calm both parties down.
Choose one approach and primary roller (aids/diplomacy need to speak ignan to be effective.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

I missed a bunch over the holiday weekend. Sorry. I kind of like Natty's idea, but Bluffing was a disaster for us in the last scenario. Do you want Idruzi to negotiate with them? He knows Ignan.


Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 4/4
HP 49/51, AC 25/T 13/F 22, Init +3, Perc +6 (scent), Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +3, CMB +7/20, Speed 50'
Active:
Protection from Energy (fire, 72hp, 60 minutes); Animal Aspect Bull (+2 Str)

Wolf:
Are my ears burning? No really look, are they? What ever those things are saying it feels like they are burning my ears with it. What kind of dumb language is that.

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Animal Focus: 4/6; Spells: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4
HP44/45, AC 22/T 10/F 22, Init +0, Perc +11 (See in Darkness), Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4, CMB +9/19, Speed 30
Active:
Bull Aspect (+2 str)

Looking at Murphy and he looks just fine.

Wolf:
Your ears are fine, there is nothing wrong with you. Just because their language is different doesn't make it dumb. Everyone else looks at us funny when we talk our noble wolf language. Just be thankful one of our people knows how to interpret that fire speech or we could be in trouble.

I vote for diplomacy even though I have zero skill in that.

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Paladin 7 (Divine defender) / Field agent 1 hp 60/60 | AC 22/t13/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 9, Ref 8, Will 11 | Init +3 Perception +12, +2 on per to avoid surprise and det. invisible, detect evil | spd 30 ft | Aura of Courage, Divine Health

I support giving Idruzi chance to use diplomacy.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

There are two votes...so give it a go.

The serpent woman taps her toe. tail impatiently as she waits for the party to follow her orders.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto stays frozen, lacking the language skills to interact. He tries not to escalate.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Idruzi addresses the woman, attempting to mollify her.

Ignan:
"We aren't the Cinderfury guards. We're visitors in this part of town, as you can see," Idruzi gestures to his talisman. "We overheard the argument from outside. Perhaps we can be of help. What seems to be the problem?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 - I was going to say Idruzi could use an assist, but OK...

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Natty silently shrugs his shoulders and sinks into the background letting Idruzi do the talking.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Idruzi is able to de-escalate the tensions long enough for both sides to continue talking and delay any hostilities for the time.

Problem, there is no problem. If you are not here to discipline these slaves, then what help can you be? The Cinderfurys will not be tolerant of the slaves rebelling. I will lose my commission.

The Azer slaves listen intently, still not sure what to think.

Did any of the 6 of you play Pathfinder Society Scenario #6–17: Fire of Karamoss with this character? Only respond if you did, otherwise I will assume not.

So what do you intend now? Speak quickly with your offer!

You can attempt a bribe or a fairly tough or well worded bluff at this point to get her to stand down completely.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Our last party did not Bluff well. At all. I somewhat suspect that hasn't changed? What would a bribe entail?

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Still toting a +0 bluff here.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

I can offer gold if we go with bribe

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Animal Focus: 4/6; Spells: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4
HP44/45, AC 22/T 10/F 22, Init +0, Perc +11 (See in Darkness), Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4, CMB +9/19, Speed 30
Active:
Bull Aspect (+2 str)

Also a Bluff/Intimidate of +0 but bribes I can do. I can pitch in on any negotiated bribes.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

How do you spell bluff.... Natty at -2


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The snake woman moves closer, gazing with her burning serpent eyes into your faces, calculating her odds.

In a lower voice, looking back before trying to keep the Azers from hearing her. You can feel the intense heat radiating from her body.

This place is all yours if you can pay off my contract. I will depart for no less than 1000 gold coins from your world.
If you cannot afford me, begone or I will command them to attack.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

"OK, I will pay my part!"

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

"I think we can come to an arrangement."

In the interest of speeding things along, can Idruzi hand over the full amount now and have others pitch in to reimburse him in Discussion?

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto, standing in Idruzi's periphery, nods in assent.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

A hand moves forward and drops his share into Idruzi's pocket, there is only a slight pull towards Natty who grins and nods.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The salamander holds out her hand for Idruzi's generous donation.

My loyalty to the Cinderfurys only extends as far as their finances. They are definitely not ideal employers. Enjoy, offworlders.

She grabs a couple items and slithers out in a huff.

The Azers do not appear to know what to do, or even comprehend what just transpired.

They approach you curiously, uncertain of what to say. The largest, and presumably the leader speaks while the other two gather up parchments scattered on the floor.

He speaks in coarse common.

Greetings. What business do you have here? Whom do you serve?

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Paladin 7 (Divine defender) / Field agent 1 hp 60/60 | AC 22/t13/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 9, Ref 8, Will 11 | Init +3 Perception +12, +2 on per to avoid surprise and det. invisible, detect evil | spd 30 ft | Aura of Courage, Divine Health

"Greetings, we represent Pathfinder Society and are currently assigned to work for efreeti called Qalkami Mishalq who asked us to investigate Cinderfury estate."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Qalkami?!? She is no better than Basira or the Cinderfurys. All those efreet are the same. How do we know we can trust you?

He does not sound convinced.

The other two pick up papers at a faster rate.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

"Our organization is working with Qalkami for the moment because we need something from her. We are new to the city and do not otherwise have a stake in local politics. What are your interests? I don't feel that I have a firm grasp of what was going on between you and that salamander, other than that you seem to be getting the worst of it. If it helps, Qalkami's request of us made no mention of a group of azers."

Are we looking for more diplomacy here? Can these Azers speak Taldane?


Forged Map | Rebels Map

yes and yes. Diplomacy in common works here

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Animal Focus: 4/6; Spells: 1st 4/5, 2nd 3/4
HP44/45, AC 22/T 10/F 22, Init +0, Perc +11 (See in Darkness), Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4, CMB +9/19, Speed 30
Active:
Bull Aspect (+2 str)

Looking at Taman still holding his sword in hand. "I don't think you'll be needing that for now."

Attempting to assist in the Diplomacy.

"Sorry for barging in here with swords at the ready but we were concerned when we heard the arguing and thought someone in distress. Perhaps you can assist us now that the lady is removed."

Diplomacy (assist): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19 yup.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 3/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 2/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 0/1

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 - that's before any assists. Looks like I could use some more.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

Taman lowers his sword.

"We will appreciate your help!"

diplomacy aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto shrugs and sips his ale, Qalkami is not as bad as she seems. Pragmatic after all.

diplo aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Paladin 7 (Divine defender) / Field agent 1 hp 60/60 | AC 22/t13/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 9, Ref 8, Will 11 | Init +3 Perception +12, +2 on per to avoid surprise and det. invisible, detect evil | spd 30 ft | Aura of Courage, Divine Health

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

"Maybe there is something we could do to help you, if you agree to help us."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 37/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Natty, not known for his eloquent words smiles a toothy smile, "Yeah sorry if I offended you."

No aid with my bad dip mod this time..


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The azers lower their weapons and nod.

We have all served in Emberhearth, but we’re hesitant to stick out our own necks further to help you—especially if that involves attacking Emberhearth directly.
We can convey the basic layout of the Emberhearth buildings. And maybe help us since you helped us escape the salamander.

They pause to measure your reaction before considering their ability to aid your mission.

Since you helped us, we can notify other of our kin, azers at the estate, and convince them to either leave their posts, or collect as many treasures as they can for you, or gather important documents for you. Just let us know which, since they will only have time to accomplish one of these for you before exiting.
We then could meet elsewhere in the city after your foray to deliver what we find. Agreed?


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The Azer leader considers his next words carefully.

If you intend to do all this, it is said among the Cinderfurys’ greatest treasures is Flamebinder’s Jaw, the jawbone of the first enslaved azer to ever defy the family.

Legend has it, our ancestor and folk hero had learned some damning secret about the efreet, so in order to both make an example and preserve this secret, the family killed this ancestor and made a trophy out of his jaw. So yeah, we hold a grudge against all of them.

All three seem to flare at the story.

I wonder if recovering the jaw might allow us to commune with our dead ancestor, learn the secret, and wield it against other efreet.

So going with the 'freeing the azer slaves' option-1 per Idrizi?I need one more to confirm (his post made in discussion thread).

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto confers with the others, Yes, it would be best for you all to vacate and find reprieve from your ill treatment.

Seconding the freeing of slaves.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

free slaves

Silver Crusade

Male Half-elf Paladin 7 (Divine defender) / Field agent 1 hp 60/60 | AC 22/t13/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 9, Ref 8, Will 11 | Init +3 Perception +12, +2 on per to avoid surprise and det. invisible, detect evil | spd 30 ft | Aura of Courage, Divine Health

Yes, free the slaves

"We should make an effort to recover this jawbone, if it's true that Cinderfury's have it. May Sarenrae give you hope and comfort in your struggle for freedom."


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The azers nod in agreement, finish picking up their parchments.

The elder Azer (Ozzie) looks around and picks up a lens lying on a table and a gray bag sitting next to a bench, which he shrugs and hands to Natty with a wink.

You may need these more than the Cinderfurys'

Ozzie draws a crude map on a piece of blank parchment, providing the basic outline and location of some of the core rooms on both floors.

Emberhearth is the last remaining estate of the Cinderfury family: elegant, grand, and opulent. Made entirely of living brass, it rises to a height of 60 feet and is proportioned almost entirely for the massive genies.

See map updated...and then work the details on your approach and entry point etc.

***

Once you make plans and reach the Emberhearth Estate...

From the distance you can see Emberhearth Estate's front entry.

Brass bricks make up the entirety of this almost ostentatious edifice. Fiery motifs, gem inlays, and vines made entirely of flame snake their way across the building’s facade. Ornate, brass railings corral visitors toward a pair of massive bronze doors.


Forged Map | Rebels Map
Idruzi wrote:
Natty has good Disable I think, so should we just walk up to the back door and see what happens?

Is this the plan?

Besides the large front doors described above, there is a terrace on the back of the estate with a patio. Double doors can be seen as you look up the slope to the terrace from the backyard. (Figure the land just past the terrace and the patio itself are flat/level with the estate ground floor.
After that it slopes down at a 45 degree angle for 100' in each direction.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto takes in the details of the grounds, We could swing around the back and climb up with ropes. Let Natty break us in from the back door at least.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 65/65 (77/77 in rage) ||AC 23, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 19; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 15/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

"I agree!"

451 to 500 of 750 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.