Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2

Game Master GM Aarvid

Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2

maps

8-09
8-11


351 to 400 of 517 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 57/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Natty continues to free slaves.....

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto rounds the stairs and strikes with the candlestick.

club, improvised: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Taman and Umberto move to strike Basira with their acquired weapons, but are still working the balance.

Natty frees a second slave from his shackles.

Morok waits downstairs, but the fight does not come to him, as Basira continues to grow at the top of the steps.

Bold are up...

=== Round 1 ====
12- Umberto(), Morok(), Idruzi()
=== Round 2 ====
20- Natty(de-slaving), Taman()
13- Basira(growing...)

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 6/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 4/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 1/1

Idruzi raises a nearby glass filled with alcohol, letting it stand in for his holy symbol.

"Raise a toast to Cayden Cailean!" he proclaims as he begins casting Prayer. "Cayden, you've been in your fair share of scraps before, and it seems we've offended our dinner guest. Grant us fortune in battle and strength of arms. With your luck and boldness, we'll all raise another round tomorrow. To the Lucky Drunk! Amen."

Caster level vs Spell Resistance if any: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Spell Effect within 40' radius burst: You and each of your allies gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks, while each of your foes takes a –1 penalty on such rolls.

Idruzi Spells Prepared:
4th--Air Walk, Dimension Door (d)
3rd--Communal Resist Energy, Fly (d), Invisibility Purge, Prayer
2nd--Align Weapon, Bull's Strength (d), Grace, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy
1st--Bless, Enlarge Person (d), Divine Favor, Liberating Command, Remove Fear, Shield of Faith
Orisons--Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize

Knowledge (Planes) to know about Basira: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

After casting, Idruzi moves up to the box, which might provoke. It's hard to tell.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

LUCK BONUS HELL YEAH

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

Morok drinks his potion of ablative barrier.
Force effect, +2 to touch AC, DR 5/- vs. nonlethal damage


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Morok quaffs a potion to protect himself, while Idruzi calls down the blessings of the drunken gods to bolster the party.

Basira uses his huge falchion against Umberto and Taman to start

Infidels! You will pay for your insolence!

Basira on Umberto mwk falchion,NL: 1d20 + 16 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 16 - 4 - 1 = 12 for NL dmg: 3d6 + 9 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (3, 3, 3) + 9 + 3 - 1 = 20 miss!

Basira on Taman mwk falchion,NL: 1d20 + 11 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 4 - 1 = 25 for NL dmg: 3d6 + 9 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (2, 6, 2) + 9 + 3 - 1 = 21 hit!

His first mighty chop sends a huge chunk of marble stair railing flying into the dining room.

But his backswing connects with Taman (21 NL)

Party goes...

=== Round 3 ====(Prayer +1/-1 in effect)
2-Natty(de-slaving), Taman(21NL), Umberto(), Morok(barrier), Idruzi()
1-Basira(huge)

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto tries to make it believable but swings the club to be not as damaging as could be.

club, NL: 1d20 + 8 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 4 - 4 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Umberto punches the tankard at Basira, splashing ale into his eyes.

dirty trick: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Dirty trick to blind with Blade and Tankard divine style.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Umberto's candle-club fails to connect on the enormous jann, and Umberto figures he is going to have to toss Ale at least 50% higher to get close to the eyes of Basira (high CMD).

WHAT!!?!?!? he shouts as ale spills onto his chest.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 6/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 4/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 1/1

Idruzi retrieves his dagger from the chest before turning his attention back to the combat. He steps back toward the stairs.

"Don't be so offended, Lord Basira. That's your own high-quality ale that he's throwing around. I'm sure that it's good enough for a man of your stature."

Idruzi casts Bless, casting defensively if he is threatened.

Casting Defensively: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Idruzi Spells Prepared:
4th--Air Walk, Dimension Door (d)
3rd--Communal Resist Energy, Fly (d), Invisibility Purge, Prayer
2nd--Align Weapon, Bull's Strength (d), Grace, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy
1st--Bless, Enlarge Person (d), Divine Favor, Liberating Command, Remove Fear, Shield of Faith
Orisons--Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize

Was that a threat on Taman?


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Oh yep. I noticed the nat-1 on Umberto and missed the 19 on Taman

Basira confirm: 1d20 + 11 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 4 - 1 = 22 for NL dmg: 3d6 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) + 9 + 3 = 19

While Basira seems to be pulling his punches, poor Taman isn't lovin' it.

=== Round 3 ====(Bless+1, Prayer +1/-1 in effect)
2-Natty(de-slaving),Morok(barrier), Taman(40NL), Umberto(), Idruzi()
1-Basira(huge)

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 54/65 ||AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 17; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 13/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

Taman continues with the stabbing.

rage

dagger -nonlethal-powerattack: 1d20 + 15 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 4 - 2 = 28

damage: 1d4 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 = 16

dagger -nonlethal-powerattack: 1d20 + 10 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 4 - 2 = 17

damage: 1d4 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 = 16

crit confirm: 1d20 + 15 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 15 - 4 - 2 = 13

damage: 1d4 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 6 = 14

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

Morok runs next to Basira and strikes him with dagger. His muscles seem bigger and hairier.
+1 cold iron dagger, bloodrage: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 AC drops to 18

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 57/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Hearing the sounds of a fight and his friends sounding like they are in the think of it, Natty tries to climb up to reach the top of the stairs. He apologises to the freed slaves and says he will continue to free more of them later. He tries to climb up the

Climb 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 to upper level


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Taman slams the side of his dagger into Basira's shin (first hit,no confirm)

Morok moves into position as well, drawing a free attack from the big man before connecting with his own dagger flat. Assuming NL, I did not see -4 in the roll, so let me know if otherwise

Oh no you don't!

AOO Basira mwk falchion,NL: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 16 - 4 = 19 for NL dmg: 3d6 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6, 4) + 9 + 3 = 25 hits!

The two distract Natty enough for him to easily climb to the balcony.

Basira continues his attacks on those three around him.

YOU DARE ATTACK ME IN MY OWN HOME!?!

2d3 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 He lays into Morok and Taman with his blade.

On Morok mwk falchion,NL: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 16 - 4 = 30 for NL dmg: 3d6 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) + 9 + 3 = 21 hit
On Taman mwk falchion,NL: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 11 - 4 = 10 for NL dmg: 3d6 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (4, 5, 4) + 9 + 3 = 25 miss

Morok confirm: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 16 - 4 = 31 for NL dmg: 3d6 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (5, 5, 5) + 9 + 3 = 27 confirms

The guests are yelling and several run or fly out into the street.

HELP! HELP!

=== Round 4 ====(Bless+1, Prayer +1/-1 in effect)
2-Natty(),Morok(73NL barrier), Taman(40NL), Umberto(), Idruzi()
1-Basira(24NL huge)

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 54/65 ||AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 17; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 13/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

Taman continues with the stabbing.

rage

dagger -nonlethal-power attack: 1d20 + 15 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 15 - 4 - 2 = 21

damage: 1d4 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 6 = 14

dagger -nonlethal-power attack: 1d20 + 10 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 4 - 2 = 13
damage: 1d4 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 6 = 16

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto sneaks up the stairs a bit and gives Basira a whack with the candlestick.

club, improvise, NL: 1d20 + 9 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 - 4 - 4 = 7
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

And splashes some more ale in Basira's face.

dirty trick to blind: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

Yes correct, thought I had forgotten NL-penalty just now before opening browser

Morok swings at Basira
+1 cold iron dagger, NL bloodrage: 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 15 - 4 = 20
damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Rogue 6
Spoiler:
HPs 57/57 AC 18 T15 FF 13 Fort +6 Ref +10 Will +4 Init +6 Perception +13 saves/perception base value given

Natty moves stealthily into place behind Basmira, smiling at the servant slaves as he goes. Beckoning them to keep quiet, as he motions he will break their chains as soon as he can.

Stealth into place 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 6/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 4/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 1/1

"He's too strong for us!" Idruzi shouts over the din of battle and the cries of the crowd. And besides, we don't really want to defeat him anyway...

"We should flee!"

Idruzi behind the party and lifts his makeshift holy symbol to call upon the power of the Lucky Drunk.

Channel Healing (affecting all combatants except Natty): 4d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 5) = 12

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto feels like not in a good position to flee, but that's probably a good plan. At the next opportunity he'll turn and hop over the railing.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Taman hits again with the first smack from his dagger. Umberto is not as lucky with his attempts. Ale spilling, and starting to sizzle as Basira's body temperature is starting to increase rapidly.

Morok slaps for another bruise on the huge elemental, and he is starting to look battered. Natty moves into position and Idruzi heals the party as best he can. (assuming also excluding Basira?)

Basira's ire seems to be increasing as the party does not seem to be as easy to squash as he predicted.

YES YES! Run while you can before you face my burning wrath. I have been taking it easy on you! But my mercy will end soon.

He continues to focus on the two causing him the most embarrassment.

Basira on Morok mwk falchion,NL: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 16 - 4 = 21 for NL dmg: 3d6 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5, 2) + 9 + 3 = 25
Basira on Taman mwk falchion,NL: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 4 = 9 for NL dmg: 3d6 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (6, 2, 1) + 9 + 3 = 21

=== Round 4 ====(Bless+1, Prayer +1/-1 in effect)
2-Natty(stealth),Morok(86NL barrier), Taman(40NL), Umberto(), Idruzi()
1-Basira(48NL huge)


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Let me know if you flee or press the fight. He could drop someone next round, which will make fleeing more difficult

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto bails over the rail of the staircase and follows Idruzi out the building.

Talisman of Beneficial Winds for Feather Fall if necessary.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 6/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 4/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 1/1

Idruzi is focused on escape, but he's delaying to see if the other members of the team can get away before he acts. Also, Idruzi doesn't have selective so Basira was healed by Cayden Cailean's might as well.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ok, wanted to be sure. So he is just down 36. Is anyone staying to keep fighting? Otherwise, he lets you go and we call it. But I am not saying what is the best thing to do here. :)

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto is departing.

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

Morok turns around and follows Umberto and Idruzi out of fight.

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 54/65 ||AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 17; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 13/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

"Guys, where do you go!? I have this!"

"I can't fight this thing alone!"

Taman starts running away.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Ok, assuming everyone is taking a full withdraw out the front door.

Lord Basira shouts RUN! That will teach you off-worlders there is no insulting Basira or his guests! Begone before I hunt you down!

As you dash out the door you are spotted and surrounded by a squad of Zjarra’s Kolyarut Inevitables, led by your 'friend' the damaged Zelekhut.

He shouts There they are!

The Lead Kolyarut shouts in a commanding voice:

HALT! YOU ARE ALL UNDER ARREST FOR DISTURBING THE PEACE AND ARMED CONFLICT WITHIN ZJARRA CITY LIMITS. WHAT SAY YOU?

A similar squad is entering the Estate of Basira and questioning him, his guests and staff.

Diplomacy check possible here. They are strictly business and look to outmatch you in numbers and power.
If talking, I need the leader and any assists. If attempting to flee...well, good luck trying. :)

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 54/65 ||AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 17; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 13/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

"We are innocent! He attacked us!"

diplomacy aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 6/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 4/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 1/1

If memory serves, Idruzi is our best direct Diplomat. He has used his reroll, however, so if anyone else thinks they would like to give it a try I'll hold off rolling for now.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

If Prayer is still up I'm at +7. It's round/level if we get one or two rounds left I can make a roll.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 6/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 4/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 1/1

"If I can speak privately?" Idruzi asks the head kolyarut. "I can explain, but wish to avoid embarassing our host unnecessarily."

It's GM's call but I would bet that no Prayer applies. We're not doing Diplomacy to get them to not attack us immediately, but to persuade them not to arrest us. That usually takes at least a minute, and the spell will have run off.

Still waiting for feedback, but I'm guessing that we should have Idruzi roll. At the moment I'm intending to explain that the combat was staged. Hopefully Basira isn't so angry now that he'll turn on us but even if he does, we can point to nonlethal wounds on him only.

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

"Please listen to Idruzi, our host would be unnecessarily embarrased if we were arrested now."

diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Forged Map | Rebels Map

You are using the 1min talk your way out of arrest mode of diplomacy. So prayer would possibly lapse. Figure this is only 2 rounds after leaving the house.

Morok and Tamar provide their support to whomever is leading the plea with the Inevitables.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 6/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 4/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 1/1

Without the Prayer I think we'll just have to trust my roll. Here goes...

Diplomacy + Morok & Taman Assists (and hopefully others): 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 4 = 22 - that...could have been better. And worse.

If as part of that Diplomacy check Idruzi is able to speak to the Kolyarut privately, he'll explain that this was a staged combat arranged in advance with the host: more of a street performance that may have gotten out of hand.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto tries to usher the group out of the way of potential onlookers, Yes, let's discuss in private.

diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Forged Map | Rebels Map

The Inevitable officer listens to Idruzi and the others explanation of the events with a bit of skepticism at first.

”Very well. Typical false alarm or overly zealous party revelers calling for us for private matters. You are free to go . But do not cause any additional trouble. We already have enough problems with locals and off worlder tensions “

As you leave you see some of the guest point and Basira sneers with a clenched fist.

In a side alley , a few escaped Azer slaves wave and bow to Natty.

You still need to report back to Qalkami before finally returning to the Embassy

***


Forged Map | Rebels Map

You are able to return to Qalkami’s estate without further incident

Once invited inside to the familiar parlor, she enters immediately

”So my sources tell me you completed the final task and there was quite the commotion with Lord Basira. “

Calm and poised, she confronts you

”I would like to hear a bit more detail. But I am giving you the chance to explain yourselves some of the discrepancies between my requests and reports I have heard surface this afternoon before jumping to conclusions.“

In the interest of time I will put these all in one post. Diplomacy or bluff or similar check for each as you reply to he scrutiny .

“You did a good job getting Carlin out of trouble with that
inevitable. I fear your efforts may have been wasted, though:
I received word that he’s been arrested. Odd, they seemed to have some detailed information about his illegal activities.
You wouldn’t have any idea what happened, would you?” “

” An investigation has
been opened into Malini’s abuse, creating exactly the sort
of scrutiny I wanted to avoid in the first place. Remind me
again why the situation justified force?”“

” “I reviewed the signed contract you brought
back, and I noticed that there were a few adjustments made.
Can you enlighten me as to why?”“

” “I heard that you fought Basira,
and he beat you. A pity, but I suppose you can’t help if you’re
outclassed by an efreeti. You are mortals, after all. Still...it
seems odd he let you leave alive. How did you manage to
get away?”“

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 6/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 4/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 1/1

Carlin: I don't really know what happened on this one? I don't remember us doing anything that would have exposed Carlin's activities to scrutiny. We let the inevitable go, but I'd be surprised if it was back already.

Idruzi will take 10 on all these checks. Let's leave it up to the assists. So base Diplomacy 21 for all of them.

"It's hard to say. We persuaded the inevitable to cease pursuing Carlin. It seemed Carlin would rather have seen the creature destroyed instead, but we felt that it was more important to not bring any further attention in his direction."

"We attempted several different avenues to persuade Vassago to come with us, but it eventually became clear that he had no intention of doing so. We regret the use of force in this case, but it was our last resort."

"You described the situation well when you told us that Soheila was dragging her feet on signing the final agreement. Further needless delay would not have served either party well."

"As for Basira, I can only surmise that he felt threatened by our attacks in turn. Perhaps he felt that pressing his assault would have exposed himself to needless risk. In any case, the inevitables showed up quickly to stop the violence."

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto stands by his Caydenite brother, Qalkami, you left us little flexibility. We got the jobs done within the bounds you set for us. Call it a win and release us from our commitment.

Take 10 aid for 15.

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 6/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 4/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 1/1

Pretty sure you can't take 10 on Aid Another checks.


Forged Map | Rebels Map

Actually, I was reading from my phone for that mega post (doh).
The diplomacy check works on the Malini argument. Needing more of a bluff, kn:local or barrister on the other four cases. I believe Morok has the +7 as best in bluff

Qalkami almost looks amused.

Very well, at least you did not kill the pathetic mephit. Roughing her up will keep her from coming back to harass me.

We can keep the arguments for the others, just need to get a bluff check with some assists...

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 6/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 4/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 1/1

Bluff Assist Carlin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Bluff Assist Soheila: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Bluff Assist Basira: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

I still don't remember undermining Qalkami's goals in the Carlin situation. Seemed like we accomplished our task in a straightforward manner. Is it just assumed that the inevitable comes back to cause problems if we don't kill it?

Grand Lodge

”Taman” | male CN Medium Human Barbarian 6 | HP 54/65 ||AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | CMD 28| F +9 R +5 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +9 |IN RAGE AC 17; hp 77; Fort +11, Will +7; Str 24, Con 19; CMB +11 (+13bull rush); CMD 22 (24 vs. bull| Speed 40ft | Rage 13/18 | Power attack -2/+6 | Active Conditions: None.

Bluff Assist Carlin: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Bluff Assist Soheila: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Bluff Assist Basira: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 5 | HP 30/33 | AC 20/12/18 | F+7 R+5 W+5 | Perc +2 | Init +2 | Feather Fall 1/1 |Conditions Active: none

Umberto leans in when Molok spins our involvement. Yes, yes. That's how I remember it playing out.

bluff aid Carlin: 1d20 ⇒ 8
bluff aid Soheila: 1d20 ⇒ 3
bluff aid Basira: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

"Carlin Nestor was a free man when we spoke to him before leaving for Basira's party. How they got him after that, we have no idea. We agreed that killing the inevitable couldn't be done discreetly enough. Best option was to persuade him away.
bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"There was very real risk that Soheila was about to bail out on the contract. So we decided to act as we saw fit to save the deal. Within the liberties you gave us, of course.
bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"Basira was himself beaten by us very badly so certainly he decided to give up and tend his wounds. And with the inevitables he could see the wisdom of having them to arrest us."
bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Silver Crusade

Male CG Varisian Cleric of Cayden Cailean 7 | HP 58/58| AC 24, T 11, FF 23, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +9 (+2 vs fear, +1 vs fire) | Init: +3, Perc: +3, SM: +12 | Resist: cold 2, fire 1, elec 4 | Speed 30ft | Agile Feet: 6/6; Ferocious Strike: 6/6; Channel the Lucky Drunk: 4/4; Pearl of Power I: 2/2; Miracle Worker: 1/1; Reroll +4: 1/1

Just to check: do you have any rerolls for those low rolls, Morok?

Dark Archive

Male N Deepkin (ARG 52) Half-orc Bloodrager 4/ Cavalier [beast lord] 5 hp 85/85 | AC 20/t12/ff20 CMD 24 | Fort 14, Ref 6, Will 6 +2 ally spells | Init +1 | Perception +7, darkvision 90 ft | spd 40 ft | bloodrage, Staggering strike (Su) DC 15, challenge 2/day, Abnormal Reach +5 ft. (Su), Uncanny dodge

Nope, would have used them definitively though

351 to 400 of 517 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameday VIII - PFS Standard - Forged in Flame 1 & 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.